PDA

View Full Version : Rangers v Livingston off

ekhibee
15-02-2020, 01:57 PM
I was listening to Sportsound and Chick Dung announced that the game is now being played on Sunday. Livingston wanted it played on Monday, but seemingly the powers that be have ignored them. Something to do with Rangers Europa cup game on Thursday. It's so obvious as well that Dung is a hun.

Sir David Gray
15-02-2020, 02:01 PM
I was listening to Sportsound and Chick Dung announced that the game is now being played on Sunday. Livingston wanted it played on Monday, but seemingly the powers that be have ignored them. Something to do with Rangers Europa cup game on Thursday. It's so obvious as well that Dung is a hun.

As was pointed out on air, playing Monday and then Thursday is no different to playing on Saturday and then Tuesday which Sevco will have done in the past.

Sylar
15-02-2020, 02:27 PM
Just goes to show how much of a nonsense and lottery the winter break is.

Not a single game would have been called off during the time that the break was in effect. Since coming back, we're into traditional winter storm season, and shock horror, games are being cancelled or played in ludicrous conditions.

Clubs like Rangers and Celtc (in multiple competitions) are literally playing 2 games every week right now, so there's very little scope for any more rearranged fixtures to be fulfilled before the split.

Entire thing is invited chaos.

jgl07
15-02-2020, 03:21 PM

Not a single game would have been called off during the time that the break was in effect. Since coming back, we're into traditional winter storm season, and shock horror, games are being cancelled or played in ludicrous conditions.

Clubs like Rangers and Celtc (in multiple competitions) are literally playing 2 games every week right now, so there's very little scope for any more rearranged fixtures to be fulfilled before the split.

They are only playing two matches a week as long as they stay in the Europa League. That will not last much longer.

DH1875
15-02-2020, 04:09 PM
They are only playing two matches a week as long as they stay in the Europa League. That will not last much longer.

No? I fancy both of them to go through.

What I don't get is if its a water logged pitch, how's it gonna be playable tomorrow? The rain is going nowhere lol.

CathroMustStay
15-02-2020, 04:10 PM

The Winter Break has been an excellent addition.

cabbageandribs1875
15-02-2020, 04:11 PM

i think both of them will progress

Eyrie
15-02-2020, 06:44 PM
Don't have a problem with Sevco wanting to play tomorrow instead of Monday to give themselves an extra day before their European tie. Plenty on here pointing out that playing Inverness on the Friday night gives us an extra day to prepare for the derby.

I do have a problem with the farcical winter break that sees us play four midweek league games in the first six weeks back.

The postponements today are simply further evidence that the break creates more problems than it allegedly solves.

Carheenlea
15-02-2020, 07:05 PM
When does it suit you guys? Monday?
Rangers, you ok with that?
What, you don’t fancy Monday and prefer tomorrow instead? Ok then Livingston - Sunday it is.

Helensburghhibs
15-02-2020, 07:08 PM
Let's be honest Sunday makes sense if they think the pitch is playable.

ZAGREB RED
15-02-2020, 08:32 PM
If it’s called off tomorrow will they try again on Monday.

fulshie
15-02-2020, 09:27 PM
Here I was thinking they had a state of the art pitch (at least that's what they tell us when comparing theirs to ours). If this storm dennis continues into tomorrow afternoon what will have changed?

WoreTheGreen
15-02-2020, 09:33 PM
Here I was thinking they had a state of the art pitch (at least that's what they tell us when comparing theirs to ours). If this storm dennis continues into tomorrow afternoon what will have changed?

Day titles

DH1875
16-02-2020, 01:10 AM
If it’s called off tomorrow will they try again on Monday.

Apparently not. Will be post split

Jones28
16-02-2020, 06:32 AM
The Winter Break has been an excellent addition.

Sarcasm?

Killiehibbie
16-02-2020, 08:23 AM
Apparently not. Will be post split

How could they have a game that possibly decides what half a team finishes in after top and bottom 6 has been confirmed?

The 90+2
16-02-2020, 08:39 AM
How could they have a game that possibly decides what half a team finishes in after top and bottom 6 has been confirmed?

Because it’s rangers and normal rules don’t apply when they’re involved.

Billy Whizz
16-02-2020, 08:43 AM

Hoping to get lucky and Saints can’t get top 6

Eyrie
16-02-2020, 09:35 AM
Hoping to get lucky and Saints can’t get top 6

St Johnstone also have a game in hand ..… against Sevco.

I don't think a date has been announced for that one yet, and probably won't be until Sevco get knocked out of Europe which will give them a free midweek.

emerald green
16-02-2020, 10:13 AM
I thought it was up to the referee whether or not a game will go ahead, not The Rangers. Oh wait...

SouthMoroccoStu
16-02-2020, 10:35 AM
I thought it was up to the referee whether or not a game will go ahead, not The Rangers. Oh wait...

Same thing

Keith_M
16-02-2020, 10:39 AM
I believe The Rangers have already informed the SPFL what today's score should be.

telford hibbee
16-02-2020, 01:30 PM
Genuine question. How can the rangers stage a game with 24 hours notice. For years now I believed that the police had to be consulted before unscheduled games could be planned.