PDA

View Full Version : There is no better...

Captain Trips
13-02-2020, 04:48 PM
killer passer than S.Allan at any club up here.

murray26
13-02-2020, 04:50 PM
He’s a match winner we’re lucky to have him.

Ryan91
13-02-2020, 04:58 PM
Doesn't always work but by God when it does they're something to behold

Ozyhibby
13-02-2020, 05:04 PM
Doesn't always work but by God when it does they're something to behold

Scott Allan is great to watch and must be great for a striker to play in front of. I also smile when I hear fans shouting at him to ‘play the easy ball’ when he misplaces a pass. The last thing I ever want Scott Allan to do is start playing the easy ball. The league is full of those types of midfielders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Centre Hawf
13-02-2020, 05:05 PM
Said it before but you play Scott Allan for those 2 or so passes a game that open up the other team and put a chance on a plate for your forwards. I hear people screaming at him to keep things simple and bemoan him being out of form etc because he's given the ball away a couple of times. I get it can be frustrating when he tries a flick here and there and he loses possession but it's worth it because he's got the ability to change the game in a second. If you try and restrict him you lose what makes him so special.

hibbysam
13-02-2020, 05:06 PM
Said it before but you play Scott Allan for those 2 or so passes a game that open up the other team and put a chance on a plate for your forwards. I hear people screaming at him to keep things simple and bemoan him being out of form etc because he's given the ball away a couple of times. I get it can be frustrating when he tries a flick here and there and he loses possession but it's worth it because he's got the ability to change the game in a second. If you try and restrict him you lose what makes him so special.

If his back heel had made it through at the edge of the box last night it would’ve been one of the filthiest pieces of skill I’d seen.

Centre Hawf
13-02-2020, 05:09 PM
If his back heel had made it through at the edge of the box last night it would’ve been one of the filthiest pieces of skill I’d seen.

Agreed. No doubt someone wasn't happy with it but that vision and awareness combined with quick thinking is why we were desperate to see him back at us.

Chorley Hibee
13-02-2020, 05:13 PM

Agree to an extent, but the slack passes can also hurt you if possession is lost in a critical area. Knowing when and when not to do it is key.

murray26
13-02-2020, 05:16 PM
Agree to an extent, but the slack passes can also hurt you if possession is lost in a critical area. Knowing when and when not to do it is key.

If you play for Real Madrid not us.. if he didn’t have his deficiencies he wouldn’t be here and ER would be a poorer place for it.

Ozyhibby
13-02-2020, 05:18 PM

I think the player you describe would be unaffordable for Hibs.

Chorley Hibee
13-02-2020, 05:20 PM
I think the player you describe would be unaffordable for Hibs.

Perhaps, but there's always room for improvement at any level.

I'm not criticising Scott Allan either, I agree entirely about his ability to find a pass very few can.

The 90+2
13-02-2020, 05:27 PM
The ball last night reminded me of the ball through to Zitelli in the 6-2 game.

Hibbyradge
13-02-2020, 05:32 PM

True, it was brilliant vision, but I think the intended recipient was offside which would have been a right pisser.

Onion
13-02-2020, 05:34 PM
killer passer than S.Allan at any club up here.

Scott Allan's passing is worth paying money to watch. Last night's through ball to McNulty was a work of art :greengrin

calumhibee1
13-02-2020, 05:35 PM
Scott Allan is great to watch and must be great for a striker to play in front of. I also smile when I hear fans shouting at him to ‘play the easy ball’ when he misplaces a pass. The last thing I ever want Scott Allan to do is start playing the easy ball. The league is full of those types of midfielders.

Guy behind me shouts that every game. Quite incredible really.

hibbysam
13-02-2020, 05:35 PM
True, it was brilliant vision, but I think the intended recipient was offside which would have been a right pisser.

He was, McNulty I think. Would still have told the world about it today as it was an incredible effort.

Greenbeard
13-02-2020, 05:37 PM
Back to the title of the thread...........

..............weather girl than Lucy Verasamy

Chorley Hibee
13-02-2020, 05:38 PM
Back to the title of the thread...........

..............weather girl than Lucy Verasamy

Agreed!

SouthMoroccoStu
13-02-2020, 05:41 PM
Reminds me of Derek Riordan
Can drift in and out of games but is always capable of that piece of magic to get the fans on their feet and win the game
You’re home Scotty

Viva_Palmeiras
13-02-2020, 05:41 PM
“It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 as a sheep”

Ok it was a quote from a right wing dictator who was ultimately hung by his own from a lamppost but you get my drift...

Brightside
13-02-2020, 05:43 PM

He could do with a bit of both..... :wink:

WoreTheGreen
13-02-2020, 05:55 PM
Scott Allan's passing is worth paying money to watch. Last night's through ball to McNulty was a work of art :greengrin

My exact words last night

Tambo
13-02-2020, 06:22 PM
Top 3 assists so far in the league....
3.Scotty Allan vs Ross County
2.Scotty Allan vs Aberdeen
1.Scotty Allan vs Rangers

Greenbeard
13-02-2020, 09:09 PM
Can drift in and out of games but is always capable of that piece of magic to get the fans on their feet and win the game
You’re home Scotty
What have you been smoking?
Lucy Verasamy looks nothing like Derek Riordan.

HendoDelivered
13-02-2020, 09:12 PM
Must be a strikers dream to have passes put through to you like that.

Peevemor
13-02-2020, 09:26 PM
Must be a strikers dream to have passes put through to you like that.Yep, although not every striker is capable of staying onside, anticipating the pass, timing the run and finishing. This is McNulty's biggest asset IMO.

monktonharp
13-02-2020, 09:30 PM
You’re home Scottynever a Riordan, just magic at times how he scored, but Scotty is the new MCGinn/Riordan/Sauzee of the moment for Hibs fans. he is far above anything in Scottish clubs, with maybe a couple of Celtic players but that's only the celtic view

WeeRussell
14-02-2020, 11:48 AM
never a Riordan, just magic at times how he scored, but Scotty is the new MCGinn/Riordan/Sauzee of the moment for Hibs fans. he is far above anything in Scottish clubs, with maybe a couple of Celtic players but that's only the celtic view

Is he Riordan or no :grr:

I agree with the idea that he's brilliant though and his vision/execution is a cut above almost everyone in the league.

Kato
14-02-2020, 11:59 AM
His wee glance over his shoulder after the hooked lob onto the penalty spot which resulted in Boyle's volley at Tynie is one of the moments of the season for me. Knew exactly what he was doing. Someone with lesser imaganition passes that back to the full-back or turns into trouble. Love those players which is why Alex Edwards is my hero from the Tornados and I liked Latapy that wee bit more than Big Franck. I reckon the culture of those Hibs fans who enjoy seeing someone take a chance rather than play it safe is why he is so comfortable here, he knows if he trys and it doesn't come off we are just waiting for the next attempt.

Captain Trips
14-02-2020, 09:13 PM
His wee glance over his shoulder after the hooked lob onto the penalty spot which resulted in Boyle's volley at Tynie is one of the moments of the season for me. Knew exactly what he was doing. Someone with lesser imaganition passes that back to the full-back or turns into trouble. Love those players which is why Alex Edwards is my hero from the Tornados and I liked Latapy that wee bit more than Big Franck. I reckon the culture of those Hibs fans who enjoy seeing someone take a chance rather than play it safe is why he is so comfortable here, he knows if he trys and it doesn't come off we are just waiting for the next attempt.

"Someone with lesser imaganition passes that back to the full-back or turns into trouble."

The whole Hearts team then.