PDA

View Full Version : Team v Kilmarnock

Diclonius
13-02-2020, 11:56 AM
This is a tough one, because we have a pretty well functioning squad now, but would probably go with:

Marciano

McGinn Jackson Hanlon

Boyle Docherty Newell/Omeonga Stevenson/Newell

Allan

McNulty Doidge

skyhibs
13-02-2020, 12:00 PM
Even tougher without a keeper

I wouldnt change a winning team

Diclonius
13-02-2020, 12:06 PM
Even tougher without a keeper

I wouldnt change a winning team

:tee hee: Fixed.

Unseen work
13-02-2020, 12:17 PM
Only change I would even consider is Omeonga in for Slivka, other than that same team and set up.

Was refreshing to hear Ross say In the interview he has to find a way to get McNulty, Doidge, Allan and Boyle all in the same team.

He knows exactly what this club is all about and what the fans want!

Tug Wilson
13-02-2020, 12:40 PM
Only change I would even consider is Omeonga in for Slivka, other than that same team and set up.

Was refreshing to hear Ross say In the interview he has to find a way to get McNulty, Doidge, Allan and Boyle all in the same team.

He knows exactly what this club is all about and what the fans want!

Not sure Slivka deserves to be dropped after last night.

Golden Bear
13-02-2020, 02:08 PM
I watched Killie's game against the Rangers last night and the thing that struck me most was their physical size, reminiscent of a Levein stormtrooper team. Killie are like Livvy to a certain extent in so far as they take full advantage of their artificial pitch. The game had to be stopped last night so that the Rangers keeper could get a rubber pellet removed from his eye.

They were very much second fiddle in the first half but looked a different side altogether in the second half. There's no doubt in my eyes that it was a poor result for us , my brain says that we should be wanting the Old Firm to win every game apart from when the play us obviously.

Hibeesmad
13-02-2020, 02:22 PM
Burke and O'Donnell will cause us issues down the right. Will be interested to see if Stevenson is put back in after last night.

King Cosell
13-02-2020, 03:08 PM
Only 2 of last night's starters started in the League Cup QF at Rugby Park in September.

Maxwell

James
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Hallberg
Vela
Horgan
Mallan
Middleton

Doidge

Springbank
13-02-2020, 03:26 PM
I'd go Marciano, McGinn, Jackson, Hanlon
Boyle, Docherty, Omeonga, Newell
Allan
Doidge McNulty

Slivka was tidy enough with the ball last night but frequently out of position when we didnt have the ball.
Ross Co should have scored first half when he fell asleep and let the boy right through on Marciano down our right hand side.
He gets punished against the better teams when we are not in possession, he goes to sleep.
So, for that reason, Docherty & Omeonga in the hub for me.

erin go bragh
13-02-2020, 04:37 PM
Burke and O'Donnell will cause us issues down the right. Will be interested to see if Stevenson is put back in after last night.
I thought our team last night had a better balance to it . I think Jack will keep the same starting 11 .
Clean sheets are not our speciality . If it’s not broke and that .

AlbertK86
13-02-2020, 04:46 PM
Would be tempted to keep same team after last night’s performance but only one I might be tempted with due to Killie’s more robust midfield would Whittaker in for Slivka

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tug Wilson
13-02-2020, 04:51 PM
I'd go Marciano, McGinn, Jackson, Hanlon
Boyle, Docherty, Omeonga, Newell
Allan
Doidge McNulty

Slivka was tidy enough with the ball last night but frequently out of position when we didnt have the ball.
Ross Co should have scored first half when he fell asleep and let the boy right through on Marciano down our right hand side.
He gets punished against the better teams when we are not in possession, he goes to sleep.
So, for that reason, Docherty & Omeonga in the hub for me.

Funny how people see things differently. If I am thinking of the same incident, I actually thought that Slivka worked hard to track back and stopped the Ross County player getting a clean shot away. On last night's performance I thought that he got his positioning spot on.

I do admit that in previous games he has been guilty of letting the game go by him, but not last night.

CloudSquall
13-02-2020, 05:10 PM
Marciano

McGinn
Jackson
Hanlon

Boyle
Docherty
Omeonga
Newell

Allan

Doidge
McNulty

I'd take the game to Killie, 352 seems to suit us and allows for Allan to play in his most clinical role.

Ozyhibby
13-02-2020, 05:20 PM
Not sure Slivka deserves to be dropped after last night.

Scarily I’m going to agree. I don’t rate Slivka and think this should be his last season here but I do think he had a decent game last night. Still think Omeonga is better though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

angus hibby
13-02-2020, 05:29 PM

I think Lewis will play for that very reason. I know Burke is getting on a bit but maybe a bit risky to have Newell up against him.

Gmack7
13-02-2020, 06:29 PM
I'd keep the formation the same. if we're changing personnel I'd put Whittaker or Hallberg in for Slivka as they offer a bit more protection as we will undoubtedly be under more pressure than last night

Nicho87
13-02-2020, 06:49 PM
I’d drop Slivka for Omeonga Slivka caught sleeping for when the boy hit the post. Too often Slivka sleeping, was marking Gogic for the Hamilton goal. Boy ran off him. For a big he doesn’t like a physical battle