PDA

View Full Version : Doige + McNulty

Greenio
13-02-2020, 03:37 AM
That's 3 hat tricks between them, plus goals each coming in form each thick and fast.

Not sure exactly what kind of partnership Doige had with Flo, if any, but I feel that game styles of Doige/McNulty are much more suited to one another. They have the variation you need but seem to be growing in terms of how one reads the other.

So happy for Doige to come good after all the ***** he copped from people (including many on here!) at the start.

Long may it continue!

sean04
13-02-2020, 05:44 AM
McNulty is far more intelligent than flo. Movement is a nightmare for defenders. Doidge and McNulty worked very hard, pressing all game and forcing county into long hopeful balls which we 9/10 regained possession from. Only going to get better together

green day
13-02-2020, 05:59 AM
McNulty is far more intelligent than flo. Movement is a nightmare for defenders. Doidge and McNulty worked very hard, pressing all game and forcing county into long hopeful balls which we 9/10 regained possession from. Only going to get better together

Agreed, his movement is fantastic.

They link up well too, Doidge flicked a great header on to Sparky 2nd half tonight that was just brilliant. On another day Mcnulty would have had 3.

I did like Flo in his first spell, but we cant afford passengers...........which is what he had become.

InchHibby
13-02-2020, 06:21 AM
Kamberi who, this partnership, Doidge/McNulty, is what you call a partnership, they work for each other and more importantly, they both want to be at Hibs.

vercol36
13-02-2020, 06:33 AM
I've never been great at analysing the tactical elements of football, so was always willing to believe others when they said that Kamberi brought a lot of unseen work to the team. But bring me big fat visible goals any day of the week!

Jones28
13-02-2020, 06:56 AM
I used to think Kamberi was an intelligent player, but compared to McNulty I know who I’d rather have.

I actually think those worked well together last season but Sparky seems much more suited to Doidge - who I was delighted with last night. Put in a real power of work.

Smartie
13-02-2020, 07:37 AM
McNulty’s had a good couple of games.

I must admit I wasn’t totally bowled over by his return - he tailed off last season after a good start and I still think he looks like he’s carrying a bit of weight.

His movement is excellent though and (along with Boyle) makes the sort of run that makes Scott Allan such a dangerous player.

These 4 players play every week for me, if fit.

MagicSwirlingShip
13-02-2020, 07:42 AM
Both Mcnulty and Doidge have clever movement. We have players capable of picking them out. Goals ahoy!

BILLYHIBS
13-02-2020, 07:42 AM
Couple of promising passages of play between the two

Augers well for a busy period in the run up to the quarter final as we need to get a good run going and for all the new guys to gel and bond as a team

Scotty Allan back on the pens for me 😁

Hibbyradge
13-02-2020, 07:45 AM
I was never convinced by Kamberi, even when he first arrived and was getting plaudits.

However, because I couldn't pin point what it was that made me doubt him, and the fact that so many people seemed to think he was the best thing since sliced bread, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

But it's now pretty clear that he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is and he's most definitely not a team player.

According to Wikipedia, he's played 53 times for us and scored 11 times. That's not prolific in any sense of the word and he doesn't make up for the lack of goals with a load of assists either.

In my opinion, the people saying that he's the most skilful player at Hibs or thinking that he's worth £2m are indulging in pretty impressive wishful thinking.

I don't think he has anything to offer Hibs so I don't want him back regardless of his ridiculous remarks on signing for Secco.

Quite frankly, I'd rather have Simon Murray back.

Souter96Mac
13-02-2020, 07:49 AM
If we don't manage to swap Hunberi for Docherty, I would be trying to get him sold to pave the way for McNulty. Would obviously love both Marc and Docherty, but unlikely. We'll see!

BILLYHIBS
13-02-2020, 07:54 AM
I was never convinced by Kamberi, even when he first arrived and was getting plaudits.

However, because I couldn't pin point what it was that made me doubt him, and the fact that so many people seemed to think he was the best thing since sliced bread, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

But it's now pretty clear that he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is and he's most definitely not a team player.

According to Wikipedia, he's played 53 times for us and scored 11 times. That's not prolific in any sense of the word and he doesn't make up for the lack of goals with a load of assists either.

In my opinion, the people saying that he's the most skilful player at Hibs or thinking that he's worth £2m are indulging in pretty impressive wishful thinking.

I don't think he has anything to offer Hibs so I don't want him back regardless of his ridiculous remarks on signing for Secco.

30:84 including cup ties which looks really good

Apart from that I am with you

His first spell he looked the real deal

He forgets that Leeann personally sat on a plane and went and brought him back from obscurity

He has disrespected our great club and our fans and it looks as though he is heading for a fall

Came on for Der Hun last night just in time to see an ex Hibby Eamonn Brophy slot away the winner 😁

Source: fitbastats

Hibs4185
13-02-2020, 08:34 AM
Good wee song for the huns.

You sign Kamberi, we sign Marc McNulty, Marc McNulty’

Hibbyradge
13-02-2020, 08:38 AM
30:84 including cup ties which looks really good

Apart from that I am with you

His first spell he looked the real deal

He forgets that Leeann personally sat on a plane and went and brought him back from obscurity

He has disrespected our great club and our fans and it looks as though he is heading for a fall

Came on for Der Hun last night just in time to see an ex Hibby Eamonn Brophy slot away the winner 😁

Source: fitbastats

Right. I thought the 11 in 53 was a bit low. I hadn't had my first coffee. :greengrin

That must refer to his league tally since signing permanently.

Hibbyradge
13-02-2020, 08:40 AM
Good wee song for the huns.

You sign Kamberi, we sign Marc McNulty, Marc McNulty’

The problem with that is the preceding lines.

What rhymes with McNulty?

Gay?

BILLYHIBS
13-02-2020, 08:41 AM
Right. I thought the 11 in 53 was a bit low. I hadn't had my first coffee. :greengrin

That must refer to his league tally since signing permanently.

Yip wiki only do League games

Well worth checking out fitbastats website it is excellent for all things HIBS

Hibbyradge
13-02-2020, 08:41 AM
Yip wiki only do League games

Well worth checking out fitbastats website it is excellent for all things HIBS

Geez a link please, Billy.

BILLYHIBS
13-02-2020, 08:47 AM
www.fitbastats.com

Click on HIBS

Covers all games not friendlies teams scorers and interesting facts

A valuable tool on here 😁

Hibbyradge
13-02-2020, 08:48 AM
A valuable tool on here 😁

You're certainly valuable.

BILLYHIBS
13-02-2020, 08:53 AM

Shucks thanks!

😂

greenlex
13-02-2020, 08:57 AM

😂

Greenio
13-02-2020, 09:26 AM
To the tune of 'Sing Hosana'

"He scores a goal for the Hibs Mark McNulty

He scores a goal for the Hibs I say

He scores a goal for the Hibs Mark McNulty

Are watching Mr Kam-bar-ay"

hibbie02
13-02-2020, 09:37 AM
Yes I think they have a good relationship already. I had my doubts about Doidge at the start but he is getting goals, not many pretty ones, but they all count. McNulty is a huge step up from Hunberi in what he offers both the team and his strike partner. They will be valuable to us over the next few weeks as it seems we need to be able to need to score a lot of goals to make up for the number we are likely to lose at the back.

hibbie02
13-02-2020, 09:37 AM
To the tune of 'Sing Hosana'

"He scores a goal for the Hibs Mark McNulty

He scores a goal for the Hibs I say

He scores a goal for the Hibs Mark McNulty

Are watching Mr Kam-bar-ay"

No sure that is a good choice of tune....

Greenio
13-02-2020, 09:43 AM
No sure that is a good choice of tune....

Did wonder that.

Claimed?

*edit - just remembered - aye, not a good choice I admit! lol!*

Vault Boy
13-02-2020, 09:47 AM
In some ways they're the exact opposite and that might be why it's working so well. Doidge is good in the air, likes to stay central and holds it up using his size pretty effectively, though he's not a 'natural' finisher.

McNulty quite likes to drop into midfield and get involved, but will ultimately make a lot of runs in behind the defence. He's absolutely a natural finisher and can score some of the goals Doidge would struggle with, and vice versa.

Great to see, hopefully they're our front two at the start of next season.

The 90+2
13-02-2020, 09:53 AM
Get McNulty signed up on a perm please Hibs. He wants to stay.

Then we can be in for some ride with the M&D partnership.

JeMeSouviens
13-02-2020, 09:55 AM

Gay?

Don't think it has to rhyme, Efe Ambrose didn't rhyme with any prior lines in his version?

MyJo
13-02-2020, 09:56 AM
Get McNulty signed up on a perm please Hibs. He wants to stay.

Then we can be in for some ride with the M&D partnership.

MD2020 :greengrin:

Hibbyradge
13-02-2020, 10:03 AM
Don't think it has to rhyme, Efe Ambrose didn't rhyme with any prior lines in his version?

True.

I should have remembered that from the number of times I belted it out in Tripolis! :greengrin

The 90+2
13-02-2020, 10:05 AM

‘ shout! We have a winner :greengrin

HiBremian
13-02-2020, 10:06 AM

Gay?

Easy........

We had Kamberi
We weren’t merry
His game was woeful
Needed disposal
The Huns were desperate
JR said “test it”
If we could offload
And strikers reload
We needed quality
So swapped for Docherty
We need a striker
To make us hyper
The man we wanted
With Doidgey bonded
To play the Hibs game
There was just one name
Throughout the country
Marc McNulty!

To the tune of Inní mér syngur vitleysingur (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgaQC7B3GIE) (second part) :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

1van Sprou7e
13-02-2020, 10:27 AM

Belter

BonnieFitbaTeam
13-02-2020, 10:33 AM

I was about to post 'ditto' because those were exactly my thoughts on Kamberi...but then you went an ruined it https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDwAPANQAAAAAAOLeAPn0AL /v8DAwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAACH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh QQBMgAfACwAAAAADwAPAAAFROAnikBZjuhXDoPgnijAuvQ7ynU uAGRb0r dqrUDAI0vnCAQoDGPumgw6gwic8YAL2vqMnkqF3P81N6i39T0C 06puqkQACH5BAEyAB8ALAMABAAHAAkAAAUW4CcIX/kBJVoGq m cCyOYwrcaqDrIQAh/ntUaGlzIGFuaW1hdGVkIEdJRiBmaWxlIHdhcyBjb25zdHJ1Y3R lZCB1c2luZyBVbGVhZCBHSUYgQW5pbWF0b3IsIHZpc2l0IHVzI GF0IGh0dHA6Ly93d3cudWxlYWQuY29tIHRvIGZpbmQgb3V0IG1 vcmUuAVVTU1BDTVQAOw==

Hibbyradge
13-02-2020, 10:34 AM
I was about to post 'ditto' because those were exactly my thoughts on Kamberi...but then you went an ruined it https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDwAPANQAAAAAAOLeAPn0AL /v8DAwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAACH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh QQBMgAfACwAAAAADwAPAAAFROAnikBZjuhXDoPgnijAuvQ7ynU uAGRb0r dqrUDAI0vnCAQoDGPumgw6gwic8YAL2vqMnkqF3P81N6i39T0C 06puqkQACH5BAEyAB8ALAMABAAHAAkAAAUW4CcIX/kBJVoGq m cCyOYwrcaqDrIQAh/ntUaGlzIGFuaW1hdGVkIEdJRiBmaWxlIHdhcyBjb25zdHJ1Y3R lZCB1c2luZyBVbGVhZCBHSUYgQW5pbWF0b3IsIHZpc2l0IHVzI GF0IGh0dHA6Ly93d3cudWxlYWQuY29tIHRvIGZpbmQgb3V0IG1 vcmUuAVVTU1BDTVQAOw==

Would you prefer Kamberi back to Simon Murray? :dunno:

Stevie Reid
13-02-2020, 10:34 AM
Two of them looked really good last night, and both in great scoring form right now. Doidge is now sitting on 94 career goals, be great to see him get to 100 before the season is out. Love the big guy.

Anthony Soprano
13-02-2020, 10:50 AM
That's 3 hat tricks between them, plus goals each coming in form each thick and fast.

Not sure exactly what kind of partnership Doige had with Flo, if any, but I feel that game styles of Doige/McNulty are much more suited to one another. They have the variation you need but seem to be growing in terms of how one reads the other.

So happy for Doige to come good after all the ***** he copped from people (including many on here!) at the start.

Long may it continue!

Agreed, although the critcism was entirely justified, he was p1sh for his first 10 or 11 games of the season so delighted he's banging them in, goal machine.

Would maybe take McNulty off pens as well.

The 90+2
13-02-2020, 10:50 AM
Two of them looked really good last night, and both in great scoring form right now. Doidge is now sitting on 94 career goals, be great to see him get to 100 before the season is out. Love the big guy.

He will get that before the split.

Argylehibby
13-02-2020, 10:53 AM
Couple of promising passages of play between the two

Augers well for a busy period in the run up to the quarter final as we need to get a good run going and for all the new guys to gel and bond as a team

Scotty Allan back on the pens for me 😁

And if Scott's not on the pitch then I'd go for Paul Hanlon. He's taken penalties in every shoot out when he's been on the pitch and as far as I can remember he's scored the lot.

greenlex
13-02-2020, 11:02 AM
And if Scott's not on the pitch then I'd go for Paul Hanlon. He's taken penalties in every shoot out when he's been on the pitch and as far as I can remember he's scored the lot.

Boyle scores from the spot. Fraser Murray has a lovely dig on him too.

Peevemor
13-02-2020, 11:18 AM
Agreed, although the critcism was entirely justified, he was p1sh for his first 10 or 11 games of the season so delighted he's banging them in, goal machine.

I disagree (as I did at the time). We're lucky that he has/had enough self belief to ignore unjustified criticism and keep his head up.

PeeJay
13-02-2020, 11:20 AM
Both currently playing well, but maybe we should wait and see how things pan out when better teams are involved?

BILLYHIBS
13-02-2020, 11:28 AM

:agree:

He was my original first choice so happy to go with that

Greenio
13-02-2020, 11:30 AM

Don't think it was justified at all.

He was nowhere near pish. He just wasn't scoring goals. Some folk cant see past that when judging him and the whole mood at the time meant that folk were just gunning for scapegoats.

Anyway, I'm delighted too!

hibsbollah
13-02-2020, 11:32 AM
I disagree (as I did at the time). We're lucky that he has/had enough self belief to ignore unjustified criticism and keep his head up.

Agree, Doidge was playing well even when not scoring. All strikers will have a barren spell when goals aren't coming even though you're in the right positions. Lukaku, Fernando Torres, Cummings all famously couldn't get a goal for months.

Brightside
13-02-2020, 11:49 AM

Never missed a pen since he was 10 years old.

BonnieFitbaTeam
13-02-2020, 12:12 PM
Would you prefer Kamberi back to Simon Murray? :dunno:

Jeez...there's a dilemma! M preference would be to never see either of them in a Hibs strip again.

Hibbyradge
13-02-2020, 12:30 PM

Oh no, not Paul.

Can you imagine the ghouls on here should he miss one. I'm sure he's got the balls to take them, I just don't think he needs the potential grief.

Hibbyradge
13-02-2020, 12:31 PM
Jeez...there's a dilemma! M preference would be to never see either of them in a Hibs strip again.

That's fair enough, but you MUST CHOOSE ONE. :greengrin