PDA

View Full Version : Highlights Here

Hermit Crab
12-02-2020, 11:30 PM
Hibs v County. Scott Allans pass, exquisite. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51381305

Celtic v Hearts, the red card is a shocker on Brown, the boy then craps it off Brown in the aftermath :greengrin. Some goalkeeping excellence and defending by Hearts as well. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51483761

Killy v Haha Huns, some goals by Arfield and Brophy to be fair. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51483767

MagicSwirlingShip
12-02-2020, 11:46 PM
Some finish from the boy Brophy

Vault Boy
12-02-2020, 11:47 PM

That's three belters in a row from him IIRC

Jack Hackett
13-02-2020, 08:55 AM
That was a shocker of a lunge for the sending off

oldbutdim
13-02-2020, 09:02 AM

What is it they read out at Killie "The Wolfman Brophy" isn't it?

Not sure how he got the name, but quite funny to hear it read out in the team lines.

Bostonhibby
13-02-2020, 09:12 AM
That was a shocker of a lunge for the sending offHearts class, looks a Levein type player and might well prove to be no better than they had.

Pleasing.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

kentao
13-02-2020, 09:16 AM
Love how the DJ play's bits and pieces after the Killie goals, Just like Sevcos title challenge.

https://youtu.be/rGkO9w4wEog?t=52

MWHIBBIES
13-02-2020, 09:20 AM
What is it they read out at Killie "The Wolfman Brophy" isn't it?

Not sure how he got the name, but quite funny to hear it read out in the team lines.

It's so cringe.

BILLYHIBS
13-02-2020, 09:24 AM
Noticed our DJ guy played Teenage Kicks ( took me back to Tony Mowbrays goalden generation) and the HIBS Song ( took me back to May 2016) just before kick off

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-02-2020, 09:37 AM
No matter how much The Rangers will apply excuse mode today, unless they can explain why losing that second goal is acceptable then they will be also - rans' for a while. Sunday morning pub league put right down the middle and it completely out-does them.

Brightside
13-02-2020, 09:38 AM
Hanlon blocking Fontaine so Jackson gets a easier path to his header. Shocking when defenders do that......... :wink:

Oscar T Grouch
13-02-2020, 09:48 AM
It's so cringe.

He's totally bought into it as well. I think it is a "W" he makes with his fingers when he scores :no way:

Northernhibee
13-02-2020, 09:51 AM
What should be alarming for that lot is how similar the goals conceded look.

Two of the five came from not clearing their lines and the ball breaking to a player in acres of space to finish.

Three of the five came from not marking properly in open play.

Two of the five came from getting the ball out wide and cutting it back in.

Two of the five came from set pieces not being defended properly.

I realise that I'm setting myself up to look silly for the next derby but as it stands just now, it's really, really easy to score goals against Hearts. Falkirk should have had four if it wasn't for awful finishing and hitting the post three times.

Liam89
13-02-2020, 10:03 AM
That Hearts keeper is so so bad. 10x worse than any of the ***** we've had over the years between the sticks.

I_Love_Latapy
13-02-2020, 10:33 AM
Noticed our DJ guy played Teenage Kicks ( took me back to Tony Mowbrays goalden generation) and the HIBS Song ( took me back to May 2016) just before kick off

... and Lust for Life at the end of Half Time.

TK is my favourite tho.

Vault Boy
13-02-2020, 02:57 PM
That Motherwell goal was a right howler from Zander Clark. 😳

Iggy Pope
13-02-2020, 03:42 PM
What should be alarming for that lot is how similar the goals conceded look.

Two of the five came from not clearing their lines and the ball breaking to a player in acres of space to finish.

Three of the five came from not marking properly in open play.

Two of the five came from getting the ball out wide and cutting it back in.

Two of the five came from set pieces not being defended properly.

I realise that I'm setting myself up to look silly for the next derby but as it stands just now, it's really, really easy to score goals against Hearts. Falkirk should have had four if it wasn't for awful finishing and hitting the post three times.

Not half. I make that nine out of five.

worcesterhibby
13-02-2020, 03:59 PM
what happened to decent highlights on the BBC ? It's just the goals and penalty's/sendings off.

Why can't we watch 4 mins of highlights that includes shots at goals and good saves instead of 1minute with no commentary ? It's the same for all the Scottish matches...but look at the highlights they run from the English womens league they have proper highlights...typically poor from BBC when it comes to Scottish football.

Jack Hackett
13-02-2020, 04:09 PM
Over 4 mins of (commentary-less) highlights

https://youtu.be/FxO2OusZWmA

Billy Whizz
13-02-2020, 04:19 PM
what happened to decent highlights on the BBC ? It's just the goals and penalty's/sendings off.

Why can't we watch 4 mins of highlights that includes shots at goals and good saves instead of 1minute with no commentary ? It's the same for all the Scottish matches...but look at the highlights they run from the English womens league they have proper highlights...typically poor from BBC when it comes to Scottish football.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/watch-feb-1112-highlights

No commentary, but a few mins worth of each game

hfc rd
13-02-2020, 04:25 PM

Was just going to post something similar. The BBC highlights used to be 4-5 mins of good coverage. Now it’s just 45 secs - 1:30.

SPFL YouTube highlights are pretty good. Doesn’t have any commentary but 3-7 mins of good highlights coverage.

Kato
13-02-2020, 04:30 PM
https://spfl.co.uk/news/watch-feb-1112-highlights

No commentary, but a few mins worth of each game

Thanks, that lunge looks even worse on the various angles.

Is it part of Stendal's all out attack philosophy that none of their defenders are allowed tackle anyone in their own half?

basehibby
13-02-2020, 06:18 PM

Its fair to say that Scotland gets an extremely raw deal from the BBC - we certainly do not get our money's worth from their exorbitant and compulsory license fees.