PDA

View Full Version : Oli Shaw

Billy Whizz
12-02-2020, 10:19 PM
Got a lovely reception when he came in tonight. Well done fellow Hibs fans

Vault Boy
12-02-2020, 10:20 PM
Aye that was nice, the guy always worked his socks off for us. Hope he does well at County.

Glad he didn't ruin it by going and scoring tonight mind. :greengrin

Shaw, Fontaine, Laidlaw and Watson all ex Hibees in the County squad.

Clarence
12-02-2020, 10:29 PM
Good show but would expect nothing less.

BILLYHIBS
12-02-2020, 10:29 PM
Almost nicked one but for once Rocky was off his line like a shot and beat him to it

Hope things work out for him and we get a good sell on

Sir David Gray
12-02-2020, 10:32 PM
Never really understood clapping an opposition coming onto the pitch. By all means clap them going off or at the end of a match but each to their own.

Nothing at all against Shaw either by the way, I hope he does well up there.

J-C
13-02-2020, 12:42 PM
Never really understood clapping an opposition coming onto the pitch. By all means clap them going off or at the end of a match but each to their own.

Jeez, the laddie came through our academy system and has left to get more football, it's a sign of respect when they return for their 1st game, he won't get an applause like that in his next game.

Diclonius
13-02-2020, 12:58 PM
Nice to see he applauded us when warming up too.

Hibs90
13-02-2020, 01:09 PM
Swapped one bench for another it seems

Groathillgrump
13-02-2020, 01:28 PM
Jeez, the laddie came through our academy system and has left to get more football, it's a sign of respect when they return for their 1st game, he won't get an applause like that in his next game.

Agreed, J-C. It was a one-off gesture of appreciation for a player who has only recently left the club. Can't understand why anyone would get annoyed by it last night.

wookie70
13-02-2020, 01:43 PM
Glad he got a good reception. He did all he could to get in the first 11 but managers just never trusted him enough to give him a decent run. His stats were very good for a young player but he won't improve sitting on the bench. Hopefully he will get more game time and Ross County

Hibeesmad
13-02-2020, 02:20 PM

I think because we were 2-0 up a lot of folk pretty much saw the game done and dusted. Not sure he would have had the same reception if we weren't winning.

Since452
13-02-2020, 02:48 PM
I think because we were 2-0 up a lot of folk pretty much saw the game done and dusted. Not sure he would have had the same reception if we weren't winning.

Took the words out my mouth.

erin go bragh
14-02-2020, 12:35 PM
Glad he got a good reception. He did all he could to get in the first 11 but managers just never trusted him enough to give him a decent run. His stats were very good for a young player but he won't improve sitting on the bench. Hopefully he will get more game time and Ross County
Heckingbottom didn’t give the boy a chance. Wish him all the best and clapped him on to the pitch.
He really needs to be starting games for county as getting the last 20 mins isn’t any good . Still think a loan to a championship club in Scotland, where he was playing every week ,would have been his best option.

Andy74
14-02-2020, 12:46 PM
Heckingbottom didn’t give the boy a chance. Wish him all the best and clapped him on to the pitch.
He really needs to be starting games for county as getting the last 20 mins isn’t any good . Still think a loan to a championship club in Scotland, where he was playing every week ,would have been his best option.

If you think he’s Championship level why would we have given him more game time?

Tarrahib
14-02-2020, 01:17 PM
I watched the boy play for the development team in Dingwall a couple of seasons ago.He scored 3 that night and was so far ahead of the other players.He could easily have scored at least 9 (nine).The County management obviously saw that and liked what they saw.Hopefully he won't be on their bench for long and makes a big name for himself.He deserves it.

J-C
14-02-2020, 01:19 PM
If you think he’s Championship level why would we have given him more game time?

He never said that, he needed more game time and a season loan to a championship team would've helped his development, Gullan got plenty game time at Raith and looks far better for it.

Centre Hawf
14-02-2020, 01:22 PM
I think sometimes it's nice to do the applause the first time they return because often in football you don't get to say goodbye or thank you to players who contribute to the club or work their socks off even though it wasn't really maybe working out for them.

There's of course plenty who I wouldn't care about seeing back unless on the losing side against us but some folk like Shaw and Fontaine, although two very different levels of legacies at Hibernian, are two guys who played for the jersey and I think it's nice to just give them a wee applause on their first return.

Robbo6-2
14-02-2020, 01:32 PM
He got a better reception than what he did as a player

erin go bragh
14-02-2020, 01:39 PM
I didn’t say he was championship level 😉 A wee loan stint at a lower League club could have been the makings of him . Didn’t do any harm to Deeks and Garry O .

B.H.F.C
14-02-2020, 01:44 PM
He never said that, he needed more game time and a season loan to a championship team would've helped his development, Gullan got plenty game time at Raith and looks far better for it.

Shaw got plenty time at Stenhousemuir in league one, the same as Gullan. It’s just that it was quite a while ago now.

J-C
14-02-2020, 02:20 PM
Shaw got plenty time at Stenhousemuir in league one, the same as Gullan. It’s just that it was quite a while ago now.

Exactly and his next loan should've been the Championship to continue his development.

Spike Mandela
14-02-2020, 02:23 PM
Noticed he got a hearty pat on the back from Jack Ross at the end as well.

scooby
14-02-2020, 02:25 PM

That was my thought too, really hope he can get more game time, and move his career forward.

B.H.F.C
14-02-2020, 02:26 PM
Exactly and his next loan should've been the Championship to continue his development.

Why? He came back and played quite a lot of games and scored goals against the likes of Celtic. Up until this point last year he’d have got better development than he would in the Championship. It’s just that since this time last year we’ve had strikers who are better than him and he stopped playing so much.

Since452
14-02-2020, 02:29 PM
I think Gullan looks the far better prospect

J-C
14-02-2020, 02:30 PM
Why? He came back and played quite a lot of games and scored goals against the likes of Celtic. Up until this point last year he’d have got better development than he would in the Championship. It’s just that since this time last year we’ve had strikers who are better than him and he stopped playing so much.

I feel he's stalled as a player, his appearances were few and far between, maybe a loan at the start of the season but he just couldn't push into the team. Good luck to the lad anyway, it was a big decision from him.

Mon Dieu4
14-02-2020, 03:27 PM

I've clapped Keith Wright coming on the pitch and then again scoring a goal against us

tamig
14-02-2020, 03:34 PM

Jeez, I knew at least one would bring this up. How are you meant to show appreciation to an individual at full time? The appreciation was given at the appropriate time. The boy knew it was for him. Disappointing response from you imo.

jacomo
14-02-2020, 03:39 PM

Early days. I think he’ll be ok.

Ross Stewart will be out longer than expected it seems so he should get opportunities.

BILLYHIBS
14-02-2020, 03:51 PM
I've clapped Keith Wright coming on the pitch and then again scoring a goal against us

Jimmy ORourke tae

Judas
😁

Andy74
14-02-2020, 03:59 PM
I didn’t say he was championship level 😉 A wee loan stint at a lower League club could have been the makings of him . Didn’t do any harm to Deeks and Garry O .

You did really. Suggested that he isn’t going to get enough game time at Ross County and that he should have gone to the Championship to play more often.

That says he is Championship level.

Sudds_1
14-02-2020, 04:13 PM
Jimmy ORourke tae

Judas
😁

Did he? Cannae remember that one.

BILLYHIBS
14-02-2020, 04:19 PM
Did he? Cannae remember that one.

HIBS 0 v 1 St Johnstone

Scorer: ORourke

28/9/1974

Source: www.fitbastats.com

scm70nyd1973
14-02-2020, 05:07 PM

Not having a go in any shape or form but personally I just think that it’s nice to be nice - especially to a young dude who we would allstill like to see do well (apart from the obvious) We can still welcome him on to the pitch whilst being comforted with the knowledge that he would be “managed” (not violently) by our boys on the park.

On the other hand if Kamberi comes back and struts on to the pitch as a sub then I reserve the right to froth at the mouth alongside you and many others 😂

J-C
14-02-2020, 05:13 PM
You did really. Suggested that he isn’t going to get enough game time at Ross County and that he should have gone to the Championship to play more often.

I think he was suggesting a season loan in the Championship instead of Ross Co.

Billy Whizz
14-02-2020, 05:17 PM

That’s what Hibs wanted. Unfortunately Oli wanted away as he was fed up waiting for his opportunity, and his career was stalling greatly

Doesn’t help our youth set up, when we had 3 Head Coaches in 2019, and they all had different ideas on players

Lennon generally gave some of the young ones a chance. Hecky wasn’t interested in the young lads
Jack Ross looks like he wants to give some of the young lads a chance. Most apart from Murray, Hammer and Block are out on loan, so these are the only ones he can use

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2020, 05:37 PM
Players have to take their chances, and make it impossible for their manager to either leave them out, or give them game time.

Shaw had stalled, and other players from the year behind and the likes have to be given the same chances.

Shaw had his chance, he did ok at times but i'd imagine he's seen for himself that there are better in front of him, and others with potential coming up behind him.

Hope he does well for County, especially against the gunts, but we cant keep them all, and it is a balancing act that he unfortunately tipped the wrong way.

J-C
14-02-2020, 05:37 PM
That’s what Hibs wanted. Unfortunately Oli wanted away as he was fed up waiting for his opportunity, and his career was stalling greatly

Doesn’t help our youth set up, when we had 3 Head Coaches in 2019, and they all had different ideas on players

Lennon generally gave some of the young ones a chance. Hecky wasn’t interested in the young lads
Jack Ross looks like he wants to give some of the young lads a chance. Most apart from Murray, Hammer and Block are out on loan, so these are the only ones he can use
👍

erin go bragh
14-02-2020, 06:09 PM

Nae bother 😉you have made your mind up and I’m out . Ps your wrong 😉

fishybeaver
14-02-2020, 07:32 PM
Young laddie who gave his all for us, moved on for football reasons and left in a professional respectful manner, he deserves our acknowledgment. Shame other more seasons "pro's" dont have the same class about them.

jacomo
14-02-2020, 09:19 PM
Young laddie who gave his all for us, moved on for football reasons and left in a professional respectful manner, he deserves our acknowledgment. Shame other more seasons "pro's" dont have the same class about them.

:agree:

Good luck to him, with obligatory *hope he doesn’t come back to haunt us* qualification.

Andy74
14-02-2020, 09:19 PM

So at championship level then?

Andy74
14-02-2020, 09:23 PM
Nae bother 😉you have made your mind up and I’m out . Ps your wrong 😉

I wasn’t making any judgement. You were saying he should be playing in the championship just now.

My main point was that you started by saying Heckingbottom didn’t give him a chance but that he should now be playing in the championship for games. Those 2 things don’t make sense. He can’t get a chance at Hibs if he is currently at the stage where the championship is the only place you can see him getting game time.

hibee-boys
14-02-2020, 09:24 PM
What's the point in Oli going from one bench to another, a loan or permanent move to a championship side....or any team where he'd be given more regular football would've surely benefitted him more.

14-02-2020, 10:19 PM
Oli got my applause midweek. Only issue was he wanted game time which he wasn't getting at Easter Road.
If he's not going to get it with us best thing is he moves on to someone else. Wish him well but obviously not when playing Hibs!!

Borderhibbie76
15-02-2020, 07:21 AM
Wish the lad well and he got warm applause from me when he came on. Am still firmly of the opinion he had chances at Hibs and never quite took them, especially under Lennon. Never really got a shot under Hecky. I'm a bit disappointed for him that he doesnt seem to be getting much game time up there...hope he hasn't made the wrong move as if hes not starting now when their main striker is injured, it's a concern for him.

BILLYHIBS
15-02-2020, 07:26 AM
Oli deserved his round of applause midweek for his service to our club

Every hibby wanted him to do well any time he got a chance but he just did not seem to improve and move up to the next level

I often ask myself if things might have worked out differently if the goal that never was was allowed to stand at Tiny?

Even Jack Ross did not know he had been sold and gave Oli a big slap on the back for his efforts at the end

Good luck Oli I hope you have a great career

Sir David Gray
15-02-2020, 09:43 AM

Jeez, like I said each to their own. Clap him or don't clap him. Personally I find it a bit patronising, I don't think many people would have clapped him if Ross County had been 2-0 up at the time.

Jeez, I knew at least one would bring this up. How are you meant to show appreciation to an individual at full time? The appreciation was given at the appropriate time. The boy knew it was for him. Disappointing response from you imo.

You knew someone would bring it up because it's a legitimate point. Like I said above I really couldn't care less who you clap so feel free but like I said above, I felt it was patronising due to the scoreline at the time. At full time you could clap him as he goes off the pitch, shout his name or hold up one of these "Oli Shaw, can I have your shirt?" pieces of cardboard that people have started taking to games. Lots of ways to show your appreciation.

Disappointing response? Give me a break!

Not having a go in any shape or form but personally I just think that it’s nice to be nice - especially to a young dude who we would allstill like to see do well (apart from the obvious) We can still welcome him on to the pitch whilst being comforted with the knowledge that he would be “managed” (not violently) by our boys on the park.

On the other hand if Kamberi comes back and struts on to the pitch as a sub then I reserve the right to froth at the mouth alongside you and many others 😂

Fair enough thanks for making your point in a fair way.

J-C
15-02-2020, 10:24 AM
So at championship level then?

You're just not grasping this are you. No one has suggested he's Championship level but at the start of the season a season loan to a club there would've been good for his development, similar to Gullan who's improved by having a half season at Raith. Sitting on the bench weekly doesn't help the laddie get better, playing does, if after a season loan he hadn't improved, then you could justifiably moved him on but he wasn't gett the chance. But on you go Andy, keep pushing this Championship player line, I know you'll not let it go.

Malthibby
15-02-2020, 12:41 PM
HIBS 0 v 1 St Johnstone

28/9/1974

Source: www.fitbastats.com (http://www.fitbastats.com)

Remember that. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Been done to death but Turnbull let him go way too early.
GG

Iggy Pope
15-02-2020, 12:42 PM
Lot of dialogue about this applause, it being something that one correspondent couldn’t care less about.

BILLYHIBS
15-02-2020, 12:44 PM
Remember that. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Been done to death but Turnbull let him go way too early.
GG

Yip!

Waved to the crowd before Kick Off he was the St Johnstone captain IIRC

Hibs just couldnae take their chances we needed him at the other end to pop a couple in

Billy Whizz
15-02-2020, 01:58 PM
Starting today for County

heretoday
15-02-2020, 05:32 PM
GG

Turnbull made a fair few errors.

Sudds_1
15-02-2020, 05:46 PM
HIBS 0 v 1 St Johnstone

28/9/1974

Source: www.fitbastats.com

God...i HAD forgotten...🤫🤫