PDA

View Full Version : Top 6

BegbieHSC
12-02-2020, 09:55 PM
We need to secure top 6, and then we can start to think about Aberdeen/Motherwell.

It’s ridiculously tight between us, St Johnstone and Killie for 6th spot. 3 points between 6th and 8th. They are both in good form. Gonna be one hell of a ride.

Will we do it?

B.H.F.C
12-02-2020, 09:58 PM
Would settle for a point on Sunday, we’re rarely good down there.

Winning our home games is the key thing for me. Next two are against Livingston who are brutal away from home and Hearts who are just brutal.

Hibeesmad
12-02-2020, 09:58 PM
Get at least a draw on Sunday. Beat Livi, St Johnstone and Hearts at home and I think that will be enough.

Hiber-nation
12-02-2020, 10:01 PM
We need to secure top 6, and then we can start to think about Aberdeen/Motherwell.

It’s ridiculously tight between us, St Johnstone and Killie for 6th spot. 3 points between 6th and 8th. They are both in good form. Gonna be one hell of a ride.

Will we do it?

Going to be a hell of a hard game on Sunday and I'll happy with a draw. St Johnstone will fancy themselves at Dingwall (and maybe Livi could get a point at the hunnery). If we can beat Livi the week after, St Johnstone and Killie play the OF so hopefully that'll be a good weekend for us.

IberianHibernian
12-02-2020, 10:07 PM
There was another thread about this the other day and 95% of folk seemed to think we`d stroll into top 6 but I think we`ll struggle to make it . St J and Killie are in good form likewise Livi and it looks like 2 of them and us will make top 6 , maybe 3 if Motherwell or Aberdeen collapse .

Hibeesmad
12-02-2020, 10:10 PM
There was another thread about this the other day and 95% of folk seemed to think we`d stroll into top 6 but I think we`ll struggle to make it . St J and Killie are in good form likewise Livi and it looks like 2 of them and us will make top 6 , maybe 3 if Motherwell or Aberdeen collapse .

We are lucky that we have got Livi and St Johnstone at home, who we beat away last season to secure that top 6. With a struggling Hearts at home we should be looking at those 3 games as 9 points to put ourselves in a very good position. Then it's a case of trying to take the extra points from Killie, Aberdeen and Celtic.

BegbieHSC
12-02-2020, 10:12 PM

Yip.
We’re defo not going to stroll it. We’ve got the squad that should easily make it, but the teams around us aren’t mugs. Sunday’s game is season defining. Win, and I’m sure we’ll make top 6, and potentially make a late challenge for Europe.
Lose, and it’ll be very tough for us. I’ll take a draw.

IberianHibernian
12-02-2020, 10:16 PM
We are lucky that we have got Livi and St Johnstone at home, who we beat away last season to secure that top 6. With a struggling Hearts at home we should be looking at those 3 games as 9 points to put ourselves in a very good position. Then it's a case of trying to take the extra points from Killie, Aberdeen and Celtic. Of those home games I`d expect us to beat Hearts but would be very surprised if we beat Livi AND St J . In away matches , on paper Celtic very difficult but maybe less so if after a European match for Celtc i ( haven`t checked fixtures ) , Killie on form and Aberdeen never easy . Scraping into top 6 could be important as probably not much difference between 4th and 8th this season before split .

Hibeesmad
12-02-2020, 10:25 PM
Of those home games I`d expect us to beat Hearts but would be very surprised if we beat Livi AND St J . In away matches , on paper Celtic very difficult but maybe less so if after a European match for Celtc i ( haven`t checked fixtures ) , Killie on form and Aberdeen never easy . Scraping into top 6 could be important as probably not much difference between 4th and 8th this season before split .

We got Killie, Aberdeen and Hamilton away. Livi, St Johnstone, Hearts and Celtic at home. 16 points from 21 would see us in 5th place. I think we will get at least 13 and secure top 6. Here's hoping anyway.

Sir David Gray
12-02-2020, 10:43 PM
Kilmarnock beating the huns was not a good result for us at all and it means a defeat on Sunday puts us out the top 6 and if St Johnstone beat Ross County then we would be level with them too.

Big performance required on Sunday and I reckon if we win then we'll make the top 6 and then we can focus on trying to catch Livingston.

Hibeewilly
12-02-2020, 10:58 PM
Kilmarnock beating the huns was not a good result for us at all and it means a defeat on Sunday puts us out the top 6 and if St Johnstone beat Ross County then we would be level with them too.

Big performance required on Sunday and I reckon if we win then we'll make the top 6 and then we can focus on trying to catch Livingston.
It was a disastrous result for us Sir David.... I couldn't believe the cheers that went up in the East when the result was announced.... weird.... we needed a Rangers win tonight.

hfc rd
12-02-2020, 11:06 PM
Huge game on Sunday now. Would take a draw right now if offered. The 3 home games against Livi, St J & Hearts are must wins. Anything less than 9 points won’t be good enough especially with tough away trips to Celtic & Aberdeen coming up before the split.

erin go bragh
12-02-2020, 11:14 PM
Going to be a hell of a hard game on Sunday and I'll happy with a draw. St Johnstone will fancy themselves at Dingwall (and maybe Livi could get a point at the hunnery). If we can beat Livi the week after, St Johnstone and Killie play the OF so hopefully that'll be a good weekend for us.
Livi won’t get anything at Greyskull. Fancy us to beat Killie and then Livi . Then it’s about looking up the table , trying to catch Well and the Sheep .

erin go bragh
12-02-2020, 11:21 PM
Livi won’t get anything at Greyskull. Fancy us to beat Killie and then Livi . Then it’s about looking up the table , trying to catch Well and the Sheep .

monktonharp
12-02-2020, 11:27 PM
Livi won’t get anything at Greyskull. Fancy us to beat Killie and then Livi . Then it’s about looking up the table , trying to catch Well and the Sheep .that's twice you said that and I'm starting to believe you.:wink:

Irish-Hibee
13-02-2020, 12:28 AM
Looking on the bright side if we don't get top 6...imagine relegating Hearts at Tynecastle 😂

danhibees1875
13-02-2020, 06:46 AM
Looking on the bright side if we don't get top 6...imagine relegating Hearts at Tynecastle 😂

I've imagined that one before unfortunately!

Green Badger
13-02-2020, 06:49 AM

Thats Stendels job, we should focus on the top 6.

Jones28
13-02-2020, 06:57 AM
We need to win the head-to-heads. No point in settling for a draw against the teams around us and relying on beating the teams below us. We’re still to play the 3 sides around us so these are must wins, starting on Sunday.

Is it on tv?

green day
13-02-2020, 07:01 AM
We need to win the head-to-heads. No point in settling for a draw against the teams around us and relying on beating the teams below us. We’re still to play the 3 sides around us so these are must wins, starting on Sunday.

Is it on tv?

BT

I think Killie are hard to beat on that surface.

I would love a win but would take a point, and I also predict County beating St J (i know, seems mad but the run St J are on will end, they are crap too).

Allied with Livi losing to the Huns that would work as a set of results ahead of us taking on Livi at ER.

Since452
13-02-2020, 07:06 AM
We've been pretty impressive bar maybe the second half at Ibrox and first 20 against St Mirren so we're maybe due a defeat. Play like we did last night though and we won't

Dashing Bob S
13-02-2020, 07:09 AM
I disagree. We’ll comfortably stroll fifth and poised to pounce on further slip ups from Adeen and Well.

Since452
13-02-2020, 07:10 AM
I disagree. We’ll comfortably stroll fifth and poised to pounce on further slip ups from Adeen and Well.

Yeah I'm looking up not down. I think we'll claw back Livi then Motherwell

Keith_M
13-02-2020, 07:18 AM
There's no guarantees but there have been signs of improvement.

Aim for fourth and see how far we can get.

Smartie
13-02-2020, 07:24 AM
Rather than focus on anyone else, I thought we were really good last night. If Jack Ross keeps that same formation, we get a few of the missing players back and we continue to rotate to decent effect then I think we’re better than the teams around us.

Ourselves, Killie and Saints are where we are due to having been so inconsistent over the season so it is quite tough to predict what’s going to happen.

SquashedFrogg
13-02-2020, 07:27 AM
It was a disastrous result for us Sir David.... I couldn't believe the cheers that went up in the East when the result was announced.... weird.... we needed a Rangers win tonight.

Not sure it was 'disastrous'. And if we live in a world where we don't celebrate the huns getting beat then we might as well pack up now.

Livi result was probably a worse result.

Tyler Durden
13-02-2020, 07:37 AM
Livi have got a tough run now. They go to Ibrox, then us and Aberdeen away with Celtic at home in between.

Good chance they will be the ones to drop out of the top 6.

Borderhibbie76
13-02-2020, 07:40 AM
Livi have got a tough run now. They go to Ibrox, then us and Aberdeen away with Celtic at home in between.

I agree I think us and Killie will both pop Livi. I'm also not sure Motherwells bubble hasn't burst a wee bit

Smartie
13-02-2020, 07:43 AM
I agree I think us and Killie will both pop Livi. I'm also not sure Motherwells bubble hasn't burst a wee bit

Aberdeen will be stronger for their January business, Motherwell will be quite a bit weaker.

I reckon Aberdeen will cruise third, not much between the others from 4th - 8th.

Souter96Mac
13-02-2020, 07:52 AM

Livi's away record is poor too at the best of times.

jacomo
13-02-2020, 07:56 AM

Will we do it?

We need to keep winning to make sure Killie and Saints don’t catch us, and if we do that we put maximum pressure on the teams above us. So really, there is no difference.

The 8 point gap to Aberdeen and Well is not insurmountable but it won’t be easy to close the gap.

Still, reasons to be cheerful: JR and JP are well settled in now and the squad looks stronger than it did for the first half of the season.

eastcoasthibby
13-02-2020, 08:12 AM
Bottom line is we need to turn up for every game and put maximum effort in we can't afford any half erased performances from some individuals ...majority have had more than half a season playing in spells and not putting it in that now it's coming down to the wire to get into the top 6 ...lot of pressure on JR to get team selections right as well and hopefully to have key players fit and playing every week ...I have to say that I am concerned that we are going to get pipped at the post ...by one of the other 2 ...just not sure we enough at times at the back ..and Rocky while a great shot stopper gives me nightmares with the ball at his feet and everyone a cross ball comes into the 6 yard box ...anyway we shall see it's gonna be one hell of a 6 weeks or so !!

PeeJay
13-02-2020, 09:08 AM
Long way from being certain that we make top 6 - other teams will not give us as much space and time on the ball as RC did last night, our defence needs to improve dramatically, our goal scoring ability seems to have improved greatly however, so it is not impossible for us to do it, but we will need to work really hard to achieve it ...

Phil MaGlass
13-02-2020, 12:02 PM
Would we rather end in top six

OR

end up in bottom six and relegate the hertz?:greengrin

Diclonius
13-02-2020, 12:08 PM

OR

Don't care about the relative difference in form and personell between the teams, I would NEVER trust Hibs to win a relegation derby.

Also, Europe.

Sir David Gray
13-02-2020, 12:31 PM

OR

Not interested in relegating them, we need to be in the top 6.

ahibby
13-02-2020, 01:46 PM
I think Livi will be part of the battle for top six. So four teams for two spots. I also think from the four we r currently favs for one of those spots but depends on injuries etc.

Fanforlife
13-02-2020, 02:30 PM
Huge game on Sunday now. Would take a draw right now if offered. The 3 home games against Livi, St J & Hearts are must wins. Anything less than 9 points won’t be good enough especially with tough away trips to Celtic & Aberdeen coming up before the split.Probably wont make much of a difference but the pre split game v Celtic is at Easter Road!