PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Thomson and Chris Sutton

meeks0-7
12-02-2020, 09:22 PM
Seem to get on well😬

Hibeesmad
12-02-2020, 09:23 PM
I assume Thommo was spitting the dummy out because Sutton was winding him up because Celtic are on their way to another title.

NC1875
12-02-2020, 09:33 PM
Thommo greeting about his beloved rangers. ?

truehibernian
12-02-2020, 09:47 PM

Huge Hibs fan still, can't fault any individual from wanting a club he played for to win against their bitter rivals or dent their hopes.

Through any working life many people move between jobs and organisations and develop friendships and attachments to things - but you still (can) revert back to what you remember and love at the beginning. And he is a huge Hibs fan still.

He gets way too much stick on here (KT). Good guy, good Hibs fan, gave the club a lot :agree::aok:

CloudSquall
12-02-2020, 09:48 PM
I think he assumed his Katie Thomshun persona tonight to ensure the required Rangers Vs Celtic make-up of the panel.

GreenNWhiteArmy
12-02-2020, 09:59 PM
Thought Thomson spoke very well. Can see there is a clear disliking there between him and sutton. Never looked at him once in the post match analysis 🤣🤣

Tomsk
12-02-2020, 10:22 PM
Huge Hibs fan. :hilarious

Danderhall Hibs
12-02-2020, 10:24 PM

His employer.

Sir David Gray
12-02-2020, 10:36 PM

I'll crack the jokes! :faf:

Onceinawhile
12-02-2020, 10:44 PM
One of his kids signed for hibs and his kids were mascots the same day as my son. Are people suggesting he isn't a Hibby?

A die hard like some folk? No, but then he was probably busy playing on Saturdays at half 3. Came back for a spell and played for free. He's alright with me.

The 90+2
12-02-2020, 10:47 PM
Thommo has a season ticket for him and his son even though they aren’t there as much as they would like. If KT was a hun his wee laddie would be kicking about wearing rangers strips. He likes rangers more than Celtic? Big deal.

truehibernian
12-02-2020, 10:56 PM

I'd love to see you dis your employer for setting you up financially for life and giving you chances in a career you'd only dream of :aok:

He's a huge Hibs fan - as others have said, deal with it :aok:

hibbysam
12-02-2020, 10:57 PM
Thomson is a hibs fan that played for and now works for rangers. Not exactly a surprise that he would be wanting them to win. Jesus Christ!

Sir David Gray
12-02-2020, 10:59 PM
I'd love to see you dis your employer for setting you up financially for life and giving you chances in a career you'd only dream of :aok:

He's a huge Hibs fan - as others have said, deal with it :aok:

I wouldn't expect him to diss his employer. It's his behaviour not just during his employment with Sevco but also after it that I'm questioning.

I don't doubt that he considers himself a Hibs fan but he's got a funny way of showing it.

hibbysam
12-02-2020, 11:02 PM
I wouldn't expect him to diss his employer. It's his behaviour not just during his employment with Sevco but also after it that I'm questioning.

I don't doubt that he considers himself a Hibs fan but he's got a funny way of showing it.

He is still a rangers employee now as well as a former player. Not difficult.

truehibernian
12-02-2020, 11:04 PM

What behaviour exactly ? Evidence it

Sir David Gray
12-02-2020, 11:12 PM
He is still a rangers employee now as well as a former player. Not difficult.

He's been a Rangers employee permanently since 2007 has he? :confused:

What behaviour exactly ? Evidence it

Some of the comments I've heard him make about Rangers go above and beyond what I would consider to be just "wanting to be respectful towards an employer."

BILLYHIBS
12-02-2020, 11:24 PM
Huge Hibs fan still, can't fault any individual from wanting a club he played for to win against their bitter rivals or dent their hopes.

Through any working life many people move between jobs and organisations and develop friendships and attachments to things - but you still (can) revert back to what you remember and love at the beginning. And he is a huge Hibs fan still.

He gets way too much stick on here (KT). Good guy, good Hibs fan, gave the club a lot :agree::aok:

:agree:

Too sensible a post

KT is a Hibby

LNHibs
12-02-2020, 11:57 PM
The guys a Hibs fan through and through and I couldn’t care less if he bigs up Rangers. We’ve had dozens of players play for us that hold us in high regard but probably support another team.

Mcpakeisgod
13-02-2020, 01:46 AM
Played for free for us and for that you have to commend. We might not like it that he works for rangers but he’s one of the good ones.

The 90+2
13-02-2020, 02:06 AM
Played for free for us and for that you have to commend. We might not like it that he works for rangers but he’s one of the good ones.

He would be coaching at Hibs if we ever offered him a position, ever. Like the one he was told he was going to get. And the one after that when he set up his academy that he was told, again, he was going to get a coaching role at the club. He didn’t.

Why shouldn’t he look after the best interests of his career? Mathie asks Thommo to come on board tomorrow he will leave Rangers and that’s a fact.

scm70nyd1973
13-02-2020, 04:32 AM
I have recited this wee anecdote before.

My mate (great guy but a Hun) was at CG and his employers were doing the MOTM after a Hun game at CG.

He (KT)was the MOTM and was in the lounge after the game and was introduced to my mate.

Said mate said his best pal (me) is a Hibby - without prompting and even knowing me KT said “good guy then”.

Naturally my mate disagreed but said later that he was left in no doubt that even inside deepest darkest CG his love for the cabbage shone through- my mate even said he was a wee bit shocked 👍

Golden Bear
13-02-2020, 08:28 AM
Once a Hibby, always a Hibby and that's exactly what Kev is.

Anthony Soprano
13-02-2020, 09:58 AM
Sutton's an absolute w4nk, I probably wouldn't like him either

Some utterly clueless comments here also regarding KT.

Carheenlea
13-02-2020, 11:20 AM
Every player will have their own team, but some get to go and see them more than others. The fact KT had a ST in the West with his boys is all the evidence you need. Playing a long time at Ibrox and still working for them will understandably see some affiliation with Rangers, but that’s going to be the same across the game. If it wasn’t Rangers then there wouldn’t even be a discussion.

easty
13-02-2020, 11:37 AM
I’m sure he does support Hibs, but he also seems to love rangers. To me, that’s like a vegetarian who loves to eat bacon. The two don’t work together.

**** rangers.

3pm
13-02-2020, 11:46 AM
Headed off the line at the PBS in 2016. He's OK in my book.

MrRobot
13-02-2020, 11:53 AM
Is it really surprising that a Rangers employee wants to see Rangers do well? Doesnt mean he can't support Hibs :confused:

Hibernian Verse
13-02-2020, 11:56 AM

People have short memories. Part of our cup winning team and played for free for us.

The Count
13-02-2020, 12:16 PM
Met Kevin Thomson and he seems a nice guy who is a Hibby.My problem with all players that sign for Rangers is that they are turning a blind eye for money reasons to what Rangers historically stand for.That is the hatred of catholics and especially Irish catholics.So by signing for them they are condoning what Rangers have stood for over the years.Just listen to there songs.To fully understand what i am talking about you have to be from my background.As someone once said to be "If there was such a team as Kul Klux Klan United would you expect a black/coloured man to support them"??? I

hibeerealist
13-02-2020, 02:50 PM
Met Kevin Thomson and he seems a nice guy who is a Hibby.My problem with all players that sign for Rangers is that they are turning a blind eye for money reasons to what Rangers historically stand for.That is the hatred of catholics and especially Irish catholics.So by signing for them they are condoning what Rangers have stood for over the years.Just listen to there songs.To fully understand what i am talking about you have to be from my background.As someone once said to be "If there was such a team as Kul Klux Klan United would you expect a black/coloured man to support them"??? I

Jesus, there are some toss e Rs among our support!!

KT is a Hibby, wore the green and played well for us. transferred to Hun fc for very good money to HFC some cr ap in paper put there by his dodgy agent and he cops a load of flack.

KT played a role in our 2016 cup run and don’t forget became back and played for FREE, get a life!

The Count
13-02-2020, 02:56 PM
Jesus, there are some toss e Rs among our support!!

KT is a Hibby, wore the green and played well for us. transferred to Hun fc for very good money to HFC some cr ap in paper put there by his dodgy agent and he cops a load of flack.

KT played a role in our 2016 cup run and don’t forget became back and played for FREE, get a life!

By calling me what you did ( was there really any need for that) shows to me you do not understand the point i am making.

speedy_gonzales
13-02-2020, 03:01 PM

It's a job.

My mate is a pneumatics engineer, works for Caterpillar (CAT) in the North East of England. The parent company gives heavily discounted(virtually free) tanks to the Israelis, who in turn use to demolish Palestinian settlements.

Is my mate condoning this modern day apartheid, is he himself an anti-arab?

The Count
13-02-2020, 03:11 PM
It's a job.

My mate is a pneumatics engineer, works for Caterpillar (CAT) in the North East of England. The parent company gives heavily discounted(virtually free) tanks to the Israelis, who in turn use to demolish Palestinian settlements.

Well this is a reasoned reply put in
an educated civil manner.This is what debating a point is about and how Hibs net should be like.There is no place for aggressive abuse like the previous reply just because you disagree with someone's point of view.

CockneyRebel
13-02-2020, 03:16 PM

No cup final without that clearance so he's OK in my book too. Let he (or she) without blame cast the first stone.

AgentDaleCooper
13-02-2020, 03:29 PM
It's a job.

He might not be doing anything explicitly, but it seems that he would have to be turning a blind eye to some extent?

DTS
13-02-2020, 03:51 PM
I’m sure he claims to be a hibs fan, but to be so glowing in your love for rangers 100% affects the loyalty to hibs. I don’t care enough that he likes rangers he was good for us and talks about us well but anyone who refers to rangers as “the teddy bears” is not a through and through hibs fan

Golden Bear
13-02-2020, 04:06 PM
I’m sure he claims to be a hibs fan, but to be so glowing in your love for rangers 100% affects the loyalty to hibs. I don’t care enough that he likes rangers he was good for us and talks about us well but anyone who refers to rangers as “the teddy bears” is not a through and through hibs fan

He doesn't have to CLAIM he's a Hibs fan because he friggin well IS a Hibs fan ---------- and was long before he signed for us and will continue to be for the rest of his life.

Leigh Griffiths now professes his love for Celtic, even to the extent he regular kisses the badge on his jersey , is he still a Hibby I wonder?

hibbysam
13-02-2020, 04:09 PM

He’s a rangers employee, it’s hardly difficult to understand. It’s his biggest potential for a route into a top level club in a coaching capacity, of course he’s going to sook up to them.

Hibs1969
13-02-2020, 06:09 PM
KT made some ill advised comments about moving to the Huns 13 years ago and for some on here that is enough to hang him out to dry forever. He’s not perfect but nobody is, however his 3 spells at the club and his undoubted affection for Hibs is more than enough for me and many others. His headed clearance off the line at Tynecastle helped us to the greatest day in our modern history and for that in itself I’ll be eternally grateful.

J-C
13-02-2020, 06:57 PM
Kevin's a top bloke and still a massive Hibby, was meant to sign for Celtic but last minute he went to Rangers, he'd jump at the chance to coach here.

Steve20
13-02-2020, 07:03 PM
Thomson is a Hibs fan. I wonder if he had moved to Celtic and preferred them over Rangers there would be the same reaction here. We seem to have plenty supporters that have a soft spot for Celtic, but that doesn’t mean they’re not Hibs supporters.

jacomo
13-02-2020, 07:22 PM

He came back and played for us for no pay.

What’s your story?

jacomo
13-02-2020, 07:25 PM

I refer you to the reply I gave above: he returned to play for us for no pay.

What’s your problem?

Smartie
13-02-2020, 07:27 PM
Can we not just enjoy the fact that the rent-a-hun they turn to to balance stuff up on tv is actually a hibby? A proper one, a grew up supporting the club, bringing his kids up as fans, had 3 spells at the club, contributed to the finest trophy win in our club’s history one who doesn’t just say he’d play for us for nothing but actually did it?

Aye, but Sevco. It’s particularly mean-spirited to hold that against him.

Baldy Foghorn
13-02-2020, 07:41 PM
Thomson is a Hibs fan. I wonder if he had moved to Celtic and preferred them over Rangers there would be the same reaction here. We seem to have plenty supporters that have a soft spot for Celtic, but that doesn’t mean they’re not Hibs supporters.

That's nonsense......I don't know any Hibs fans having a soft spot for other Scottish teams

Sir David Gray
13-02-2020, 07:47 PM

It wouldn't have made any difference to me. I've made no secret of how much I despise Celtic.

Tomsk
13-02-2020, 07:49 PM
He came back and played for us for no pay.

What’s your story?

Zing!

superfurryhibby
13-02-2020, 10:16 PM
That's nonsense......I don't know any Hibs fans having a soft spot for other Scottish teams

Got to agree, nearly all my family and friends are Hbs fans and none if them have a soft spot for Celtic, an almost laughable suggestion really. We may dislike them slightly less than the Hun, for reasons that have been discussed many times on here, but that doesn’t equal a soft spot.

As for Thomson, he’s given to Hibs what we can only dream of. The guy should be respected for what he is, a Hibs man operating in a professional sporting environment, end of story.

hibbysam
13-02-2020, 10:21 PM

It’s not really, I know hibs fans who openly celebrate Celtic winning the league, cups, and old firm goals. A number of years ago we were in behind the goals when Celtic scored against rangers and the cheers would be enough to make you sick. Games that have absolutely no bearing on hibs, and celebrating is nauseating. Couldn’t care less who wins old firm games nor who wins the league. Look at Scott brown, almost universally respected by hibs support, whereas Thomson has taken some outrageous levels of abuse.

Sammy7nil
13-02-2020, 10:22 PM
The guys a Hibs fan through and through and I couldn’t care less if he bigs up Rangers. We’ve had dozens of players play for us that hold us in high regard but probably support another team.

Just like Flo then :confused:

Carheenlea
13-02-2020, 10:24 PM
How many non-Hibs supporting players have the payed for the club then developed a soft spot for us?

Kevin Thomson’s “Hibsness” Seems to be a two or three thread a year topic on here, and it seems to boil down to those that sort of know the guy vouching for his Hibs supporting credentials, and those that don’t simply not accepting it. If I didn’t know him myself personally then I’d more than likely be be non acceptance camp.

superfurryhibby
13-02-2020, 10:30 PM
How many non-Hibs supporting players have the payed for the club then developed a soft spot for us?

Kevin Thomson’s “Hibsness” Seems to be a two or three thread a year topic on here, and it seems to boil down to those that sort of know the guy vouching for his Hibs supporting credentials, and those that don’t simply not accepting it. If I didn’t know him myself personally then I’d more than likely be be non acceptance camp.

Strange reply. I’ve never met Thomson, but there are plenty interviews out there that many of us have watched where the guy discusses his career.

The 90+2
13-02-2020, 10:33 PM

Griffiths?

The 90+2
13-02-2020, 10:35 PM
Kevin's a top bloke and still a massive Hibby, was meant to sign for Celtic but last minute he went to Rangers, he'd jump at the chance to coach here.

Correct 👍

hibeerealist
13-02-2020, 11:21 PM
By calling me what you did ( was there really any need for that) shows to me you do not understand the point i am making.

Sorry, I am a football fan and have no interest in KKK or the other stuff you used in your post when referring to a very good player who wore the green and made the club he supports quite a bit of money. He has done nothing wrong.

If you want to talk about KKK and Ireland etc go somewhere else please.

hibeerealist
13-02-2020, 11:27 PM

I can can safely say KT has done more for HFC than you ever have and you are the joke!

Don’t get the anti KT stuff at all.

1875godsgift
13-02-2020, 11:54 PM
Just like Flo then :confused:

Flo's not, and never was, a Hibs fan.

mjhibby
14-02-2020, 04:26 AM
I can can safely say KT has done more for HFC than you ever have and you are the joke!

Totally don't get it either. If you watch his podcast with si ferry he is Frank and honest and said he had no hesitation in his laddie signing for Hibs. Sevco is his job,Hibs is his team. Not difficult to understand. Leigh and Scotty's day job is Celtic but both still come to our cup games if they can. Mcburnie did it recently too. One of the best midfielders we've had as well. It's up to us to offer him a job. Whittaker is at er so can't see why Tommo can't be in a coaching capacity. I'm sure he'd love to coach his laddie. Any dad would love to do that.

Cataplana
14-02-2020, 09:25 AM

Feel free to start.

WhileTheChief..
14-02-2020, 09:40 AM

The point you are making is crap though.

Someone signing for them is not condoning anything about their history, that's just hyperbole on your part.

hibeerealist
14-02-2020, 09:55 AM
Well this is a reasoned reply put in
an educated civil manner.This is what debating a point is about and how Hibs net should be like.There is no place for aggressive abuse like the previous reply just because you disagree with someone's point of view.

Not so much my disagreement with your post it was the language - KKK, anti-catholic etc have no place in posts relating to HFC.

There you have it in a "civil manner" and hopefully you will refrain from using HFC in the context above in future, that is NOT Hibs!

The Count
14-02-2020, 10:20 AM
Hibs is a club for everybody it does not matter your religion,colour,background or sexuality.We should all be proud of this.But we should still be able to call out clubs that do not have our modern openness to all.You cannot ignore these things in a modern 21st Century Scotland.Thats all I am saying and may i add socially and historically it was the Hibs way to fight injustice.

kaimendhibs
14-02-2020, 10:42 AM
KT is a Hibs Supporter. Met him in hospitality and he also comes across as a good bloke

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Since452
14-02-2020, 10:55 AM
KT made us a lot of money, played for the club for free and played a big part in us winning the Scottish Cup. He's fine by me

WhileTheChief..
14-02-2020, 12:08 PM
Hibs is a club for everybody it does not matter your religion,colour,background or sexuality.We should all be proud of this.But we should still be able to call out clubs that do not have our modern openness to all.You cannot ignore these things in a modern 21st Century Scotland.Thats all I am saying and may i add socially and historically it was the Hibs way to fight injustice.

Pretty sure every club in the country would say they are a club for everybody no matter their religion, colour, background or sexuality.

Sir David Gray
14-02-2020, 12:24 PM

Away and boil your head who do you think you're talking to?

If you don't like opposing points of view, perhaps a fans forum's not quite for you.

WeeRussell
14-02-2020, 12:28 PM
Someone go and just ask Kevin Thomson if he supports Hibs? Might save us another 3 pages :greengrin

hibbysam
14-02-2020, 12:48 PM

If you don't like opposing points of view, perhaps a fans forum's not quite for you.

Not nice when someone questions your love for the club is it?

Sir David Gray
14-02-2020, 01:32 PM
Not nice when someone questions your love for the club is it?

I'm determined not to contribute to a thread that descends into a slanging match as I always find that really sad.

I've had my say, which I'm entitled to have and many others have had theirs, which they're also entitled to have. I doubt anyone from either viewpoint will shift from their position so I'll bow out now and leave those who wish to continue talking about Kevin Thomson and Chris Sutton to do so.

J-C
14-02-2020, 02:25 PM
I'm determined not to contribute to a thread that descends into a slanging match as I always find that really sad.

I've had my say, which I'm entitled to have and many others have had theirs, which they're also entitled to have. I doubt anyone from either viewpoint will shift from their position so I'll bow out now and leave those who wish to continue talking about Kevin Thomson and Chris Sutton to do so.

Strange because you commented by slagging off Thomson and his well known Hibs mindedness.

easty
14-02-2020, 02:43 PM
Strange because you commented by slagging off Thomson and his well known Hibs mindedness.

But then I suppose SDG could just say he didn't slag him off at all, that someone else did it and made out like it was him? That would be very apt on a Kevin Thomson thread...

hibeerealist
14-02-2020, 04:17 PM

Ah the keyboard warrior that does not like conflicts, strange guy!

Dont tel people to go and boil ........ looking for a reaction, do one.

BILLYHIBS
14-02-2020, 04:28 PM
Good wee clip with Si Ferry

defo a Hibby

https://youtu.be/Fkmm0E_qgm8

easty
14-02-2020, 04:40 PM
Ah the keyboard warrior that does not like conflicts, strange guy!

Dont tel people to go and boil ........ looking for a reaction, do one.

Whoever pulls out the “keyboard warrior” card first loses the argument. Thats the internet rules.

The 90+2
14-02-2020, 06:42 PM
Whoever pulls out the “keyboard warrior” card first loses the argument. Thats the internet rules.

Amen. :greengrin

hibeerealist
14-02-2020, 06:51 PM

Thats me beat then

SideBurns
14-02-2020, 07:03 PM
It’s not really, I know hibs fans who openly celebrate Celtic winning the league, cups, and old firm goals. A number of years ago we were in behind the goals when Celtic scored against rangers and the cheers would be enough to make you sick. Games that have absolutely no bearing on hibs, and celebrating is nauseating. Couldn’t care less who wins old firm games nor who wins the league. Look at Scott brown, almost universally respected by hibs support, whereas Thomson has taken some outrageous levels of abuse.

If I was in BTG and Celtic scored v The Rangers I'd cheer. Same as I would if Motherwell, Brechin, or Back Green Wanderers scored against The Huns.

As for Thomson - he's a professional footballer, and joined a team he'd probably had no time for previously to enhance his career. Notwithstanding the comments at the time which have been debated ad nauseam, I think he's done enough since his Ibrox days to leave no-one in any doubt that he's a Hibby and always will be. I've plenty time for the guy.

Smartie
14-02-2020, 07:12 PM
I was delighted when Killie beat the huns the other night, in spite of it being a bad result for Hibs.

The huns are a loathsome club, their questionable sourcing of cash to stop 10 in a row may well lead to them dying again, something that would be a great outcome for Scotland and Hibs. I’d happily cheer a Celtic goal against them without having even a shred of fondness for Celtic and I was even happy that Hearts beat them.

I respect the fact that KT will fonder feelings for Rangers having played for them, and I’m willing to overlook that given what he did in a Hibs shirt.

Torto7
14-02-2020, 07:13 PM
Thomson is still a confused wee laddie. Any 'Hibby' who has a soft spot or prefers Rangers is a bit weird imo.

hibbysam
14-02-2020, 10:34 PM
Thomson is still a confused wee laddie. Any 'Hibby' who has a soft spot or prefers Rangers is a bit weird imo.

Likewise any ‘Hibby’ who has a soft spot or preference for Celtic. The sort that you’d see with a half and half scarf.

tamig
14-02-2020, 11:35 PM

Lol. Read the board.

tamig
14-02-2020, 11:38 PM

Wtf are you trying to say? Very strange post.

The 90+2
15-02-2020, 12:13 AM
Wtf are you trying to say? Very strange post.

It reads to me like if you know Thommo or his friends or have been in his company you will know he’s a Hibee. If not it’s understandable to think he’s turned into a hun (something I don’t agree with as playing for free and paying for season tickets shows different) The first part could be based on comments on players who play for us going “he gets us”’or similar. Best example could be Scotty Allan, he supports the huns. Do you think he, when away from Hibs he doesn’t look out for our results? He will want us to pump hearts every single time we play, shouldn’t a hun fan want hearts to beat us fenian *******s?

hibbydog
15-02-2020, 07:38 AM
KT made us a lot of money, played for the club for free and played a big part in us winning the Scottish Cup. He's fine by me

100%

The Baldmans Comb
15-02-2020, 11:07 PM
Thompson is a Kevin Thompson fan first and foremost and anything he has done throughout his career from helping his "poverty stricken mum" to playing for Hibs for "free" has been to benefit Kevin Thompson.

I don't have any problem with that in the slightest and accept without question he is a Hibs fan who knows exactly which employer "butters his bread" at the moment.

zitelli62
15-02-2020, 11:23 PM
Sure Thomson was in the hibs end at the cup final against them if that doesn't prove hes a hibby dont know what does.

The 90+2
16-02-2020, 12:39 AM
Thompson is a Kevin Thompson fan first and foremost and anything he has done throughout his career from helping his "poverty stricken mum" to playing for Hibs for "free" has been to benefit Kevin Thompson.

I don't have any problem with that in the slightest and accept without question he is a Hibs fan who knows exactly which employer "butters his bread" at the moment.

His name is Kevin Thomson.

How was playing for “free” (wtf does that mean exactly) benefit him? He came up the road and had other offers but came back to Hibernian and played for nothing or something like £5 a week until the summer.

When was his mother ever poverty stricken either? He was honest and said he wanted to make a lot money to pay back what his parents had done for him, the irony is he was speaking or saying that when he thought he was joining Celtic.

DH1875
16-02-2020, 01:09 AM
Can't believe this thread is still going. The boy IS a Hibee, end off. IF and yeah it was/is a big if, i played for us and was on 1k/2k a week and then der hun came in for me offering 10k per week then sorry, I'm taking it. Tell you what, if hearts came in offering £5k per week, I'm taking it. Some people really do need a reality check FFS.

BILLYHIBS
16-02-2020, 06:54 AM
Sure Thomson was in the hibs end at the cup final against them if that doesn't prove hes a hibby dont know what does.
Unused squad member

Sat in the Centre Stand with his HIBS jaicket oan

IIRC was full of Huns

Probably got a Complimentary

Lucky bassa! :greengrin

:cup:

CockneyRebel
16-02-2020, 07:44 AM

Sounds like you're confusing yourself with your username.

Sammy7nil
16-02-2020, 10:12 AM
But then I suppose SDG could just say he didn't slag him off at all, that someone else did it and made out like it was him? That would be very apt on a Kevin Thomson thread...

:greengrin:tee hee::tee hee:

cmcd
16-02-2020, 12:29 PM
Someone go and just ask Kevin Thomson if he supports Hibs? Might save us another 3 pages :greengrin

Don't bother Kevin just ask me

hibby rae
16-02-2020, 02:07 PM
Thomson blocked a shot on the line in the last minute of the 2-2 game at Tynie. Player an important part in us winning the cup. He's a good egg and one of us.

hibbiedon
16-02-2020, 02:12 PM

well said he is a genuine good guy and still a Hibs fan

highland hibbee
16-02-2020, 03:56 PM

well said !

147lothian
16-02-2020, 11:50 PM
Thomson blocked a shot on the line in the last minute of the 2-2 game at Tynie. Player an important part in us winning the cup. He's a good egg and one of us.

He did indeed, infact I recon him coming on that day turned the gane in our favour, he controlled the midfield and constantly pushed us on, some might think that it was the superb performance of Stokes that one us the cup, but theres a bit more to it than that IMO many unsung hero's and KT is certainly one of them.

monktonharp
17-02-2020, 12:34 AM
I don't doubt that he considers himself a Hibs fan but he's got a funny way of showing it.he certainly does have a fanny way of showing it.

green day
17-02-2020, 06:37 AM
He always has been a Hibs fan despite what some on here think.

He played for us for nothing.

I think one of his kids is playing for a Hibs youth team?

He left Hibs to go to Rangers as a young man to secure his future, has stated on more than one occasion that he didnt sanction the "walk along the M8 on broken glass" article - it was his agent playing silly buggers.

Not sure what else can be said?

He is a Hibs fan who happens to have played for, and currently earns his living at, Rangers.

Peevemor
17-02-2020, 06:41 AM
He always has been a Hibs fan despite what some on here think.

He played for us for nothing.

I think one of his kids is playing for a Hibs youth team?

He left Hibs to go to Rangers as a young man to secure his future, has stated on more than one occasion that he didnt sanction the "walk along the M8 on broken glass" article - it was his agent playing silly buggers.

Not sure what else can be said?

He is a Hibs fan who happens to have played for, and currently earns his living at, Rangers.

That was nothing to do with his agent.

JimBHibees
17-02-2020, 07:24 AM

I think it would be naive imo not to think McKay was in cahoots with Jackshun.

Peevemor
17-02-2020, 07:42 AM
I think it would be naive imo not to think McKay was in cahoots with Jackshun.

KT was working for the DR and was in direct contact. I think too much has been made of what was printed, but I think KT screwed that up himself without any input from McKay.

Golden Bear
17-02-2020, 07:56 AM
KT was working for the DR and was in direct contact. I think too much has been made of what was printed, but I think KT screwed that up himself without any input from McKay.

With respect, you're wrong on this one.

KT only wanted to play football, he's older and more experienced now and I bet he now goes over with a fine toothcomb what so called journalists (rabble rousers) are likely to write about him.

superfurryhibby
17-02-2020, 08:22 AM

Done to death. Thomson claims he was stitched up. There are several interviews with KT where he talks very well about his passion for Hibs, his naivety and misplaced trust in agents and his regrets over the ways the crawl along the M8 stuff was presented.

Peevemor
17-02-2020, 08:25 AM
With respect, you're wrong on this one.

KT only wanted to play football, he's older and more experienced now and I bet he now goes over with a fine toothcomb what so called journalists (rabble rousers) are likely to write about him.

How am I wrong?

I watched an interview where he said what happened. Things he said in a rushed conversation with the DR on his mobile phone were maybe paraphrased, exaggerated, taken out of context or whatever - but he said them.

And I've said nothing about his motives for moving (which I understand) and never once criticised him on or since his return to Hibs.

hibstag
17-02-2020, 08:25 AM

there was a couple of page thread on this very subject last week.....

superfurryhibby
17-02-2020, 08:27 AM
How am I wrong?

I watched an interview where he said what happened. Things he said in a rushed conversation with the DR on his mobile phone were maybe paraphrased, exaggerated, taken out of context or whatever - but he said them.

And I've said nothing about his motives for moving (which I understand) and never once criticised him on or since his return to Hibs.

So being paraphrased, taken out of context, exaggerated or whatever by the media doesn’t matter? :rolleyes:

Peevemor
17-02-2020, 08:28 AM
Done to death. Thomson claims he was stitched up. There are several interviews with KT where he talks very well about his passion for Hibs, his naivety and misplaced trust in agents and his regrets over the ways the crawl along the M8 stuff was presented.

Fair enough, but he's never denied that it came from him. I'm not having a pop at KT, but he screwed up on that one.

I think I'm allowed to say that, no?

Peevemor
17-02-2020, 08:30 AM
So being paraphrased, taken out of context, exaggerated or whatever by the media doesn’t matter? :rolleyes:

Hindsight's a great thing, but he said what he said.

He was being paid by the DR at the time and knows now that he should have been more careful.

Cropley10
17-02-2020, 09:42 PM
I was delighted when Killie beat the huns the other night, in spite of it being a bad result for Hibs.

The huns are a loathsome club, their questionable sourcing of cash to stop 10 in a row may well lead to them dying again, something that would be a great outcome for Scotland and Hibs. I’d happily cheer a Celtic goal against them without having even a shred of fondness for Celtic and I was even happy that Hearts beat them.

I respect the fact that KT will fonder feelings for Rangers having played for them, and I’m willing to overlook that given what he did in a Hibs shirt.

Great post. I support Hibernian and whoever Rangers are playing. The trouble with this is when they play Hearts. So while I certainly didn’t cheer I did give it a GIRFRY the other week!

As for Kevin, there’s people on here with closed minds. He’s a Hibs man. End of.

Cropley10
17-02-2020, 09:48 PM

He was being paid by the DR at the time and knows now that he should have been more careful.

He was what 20? 21? Naive, badly advised, made a mistake?

At least you’re consistent. You never fail to bring it up. Convinced by your own self-righteousness. How dreary. How dull.

Peevemor
17-02-2020, 10:58 PM
He was what 20? 21? Naive, badly advised, made a mistake?

At least you’re consistent. You never fail to bring it up. Convinced by your own self-righteousness. How dreary. How dull.I never fail to bring what up? At least you're consistent in talking pish as I'm not even sure I've posted about this before this thread.

I haven't even had a go at him. Am I not even permitted to point out that he said what he said?

Away and do one.

silverhibee
18-02-2020, 12:17 PM

Hibs could have put a stop to the interviews he was doing, I still have a few of the paper clippings from then up in the attic, Riordan done the column before KT and this is how it went down with Deek, sports journalist from the Record would phone him up and chat away for a bit on previous game and game ahead, and a few other questions would be asked about moving to other clubs and what was happening in his day to day life, before it went to press the club and Derek's agent were sent a copy in a email to be read so that he didn't say anything silly that would damage the club or him, most of it was signed off to be printed each column and Derek would get paid for it.

Gaffer1875
18-02-2020, 10:01 PM
I’ve known Kevin since he was 3 years old and he was a cocky little sh*t [emoji23] that had a swagger in his early years from mixing it at Hutchie V. He’s been a Hibee all his life albeit had a soft spot for Man Utd as a kid. I grew up on the same street as him and like me and a couple of others, rocked Hibs shirts.

He works for Rangers but and no question enjoyed his time there as a player but he’s a Hibs fan and and he’s bringing his boys up to be Hibees too.

The Peebles boys on the forum will vouch for this. Many know him and trust us when we say he’s a Hibee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk