PDA

View Full Version : Martin Boyle

CB_NO3
12-02-2020, 10:19 PM
Outstanding tonight. Must have got snapped at least 6 times.

On the day we announce a cash balance of £5.5M we should be offering him an extended contract. If he plays like that then he will earn a big move down south.

Vault Boy
12-02-2020, 10:22 PM
Showed plenty of moments of his brilliant best today. Was instrumental in keeping things comfortable in the second half, he was a constant cause of concern for County and teams simply can't deal with his pace and dribbling ability.

The only option is to hack him down. Luckily for us, he usually springs right back up again. Vigurs was incredibly lucky not to already be on a booking when he got his yellow today IMO.

Bob1875
12-02-2020, 10:22 PM
Make the most of him while he’s here, as really can’t see him staying beyond the end of the season unfortunately.

Hibeesmad
12-02-2020, 10:24 PM
I was wanting Ross to take him off from the hour mark to protect him. His development over the last 2 years has been incredible considering the injuries he has had too.

calumhibee1
12-02-2020, 10:26 PM
What a player.

Onion
12-02-2020, 10:29 PM
Terrorised County's back line all night ... but failed time and again with his final ball.

PH91
12-02-2020, 10:30 PM
He is superb. At his best when played in a midfield 4 or wingback where he can start from a deeper position.

Annoys me that McLeish never capped him. He would be sniffing around the Scotland squad just now if he had.

Onceinawhile
12-02-2020, 10:31 PM
Our cash balance was 5.5m on the 2nd of July. When we had all our season ticket money and had spent none of this season's money. We will have very little of that cutting about now.

jacomo
12-02-2020, 10:31 PM
Make the most of him while he’s here, as really can’t see him staying beyond the end of the season unfortunately.

He will want (and deserves) a big pay day but we can at least try and get him to sign an extension. Some things are more important than money and we don’t pay sweeties any more.

wookie70
12-02-2020, 10:32 PM
Terrorised County's back line all night ... but failed time and again with his final ball.

I thought his final ball was good in the first half but more often than not he was hacked down before he got the opportunity to play one in the second half. He has improved so much this season.

jacomo
12-02-2020, 10:32 PM
Our cash balance was 5.5m on the 2nd of July. When we had all our season ticket money and had spent none of this season's money. We will have very little of that cutting about now.

This is true.

IberianHibernian
12-02-2020, 10:36 PM
Was great to see him running at and past ( when not hacked down ) defenders tonight but I think tonight was a good example of why he`s not at a bigger ( financially ) club . Must have been 4 or 5 times that he got into a great position then final pass led to nothing . His finishing used to be his weak point but this season he`s certainly improved in that area and if he improves passing and crossing as much he`ll be worth a massive fee . Whatever , he`s the sort of exciting player we all want to see for Hibs so hopefully a new contract will be sorted out soon .

Onceinawhile
12-02-2020, 10:41 PM
He will want (and deserves) a big pay day but we can at least try and get him to sign an extension. Some things are more important than money and we don’t pay sweeties any more.

I've said it before; next time his wife comes in for training, kidnap her til he signs a deal.

Easy

Borderhibbie76
12-02-2020, 11:05 PM

Yes agree with this hos final decision making is so frustrating as he does all the hard work to get into these amazing positions. Missed an absolute sitters early doors too. But hes so exciting to watch

LaMotta
12-02-2020, 11:12 PM
Yes agree with this hos final decision making is so frustrating as he does all the hard work to get into these amazing positions. Missed an absolute sitters early doors too. But hes so exciting to watch

Can't agree with that being a sitter. Ball whipped in at pace, him attacking it at a pace from a really tight angle. Ball could end up anywhere. And it did in row z:greengrin

Brightside
12-02-2020, 11:16 PM
I've said it before; next time his wife comes in for training, kidnap her til he signs a deal.

Easy

Another reason to get these women on contracts. 😂

Carheenlea
12-02-2020, 11:25 PM
He’s just a fantastic sight when he’s running at full flow. A huge asset and a player who is still improving. I thought he was MOM tonight.

hfc rd
12-02-2020, 11:32 PM

Yeah that’s what I believe too. Boyle is an absolute fantastic player! I’d love to see him sign a new deal but unfortunately I think he’ll be offski in the summer and personally will not begrudge him that. He deserves a huge payday and will go with my best wishes. Always gives his all when he puts on that Hibs shirt.

Just hope we find a good replacement.

macca70
12-02-2020, 11:39 PM
Outstanding tonight, only Hibs player to take a man on and go past someone, very, very good!!