PDA

View Full Version : Pivotal game in the season tonight

Springbank
12-02-2020, 11:23 AM
I reckon it's the pivotal game of the season tonight.

Win, and there's every chance we are sailing to a top 6 finish (especially if we follow it up with a good result on sunday at Kille)

Lose, and we could fall into bottom 6, even be equal 8th, just 2 points above Ross County in 9th.

Big game tonight, let's roar the team on to a win and a healthy springtime aiming top 6 and progress in the cup:flag:

Carheenlea
12-02-2020, 11:28 AM
Two huge games really, and you can add Livingston a week on Saturday to that as well. The next week will play a big part in what direction our league campaign is going. A real opportunity to cement that top 6 berth, and three games where it’s not unrealistic to anticipate taking 9 points.
A win tonight gets the ball rolling, so in that sense maybe the most important one of all the three.

Since452
12-02-2020, 11:42 AM
Yup agreed. Massive game tonight. Three points would be huge ahead of Sunday. Let's just hope there's no early goal against for a change

neil7908
12-02-2020, 11:50 AM
Should be looking at 7 points at least from the next 3 games.

Maybe thats optimistic but given two home ties and the financial advantage we have over Ross County, Killie and Livi and we really should be expecting positive results.

flash
12-02-2020, 12:01 PM
Should be looking at 7 points at least from the next 3 games.

Maybe thats optimistic but given two home ties and the financial advantage we have over Ross County, Killie and Livi and we really should be expecting positive results.

The financial advantage is completely irrelevant as regards these games.

Since452
12-02-2020, 01:05 PM
Bitterly cold. Turnstiles not working. Concede early goal from a corner. Batter them for the rest of the game but Stevenson is short with a passback and Shaw makes it 2. Hibs.net on lockdown around 21:30. Hearts, Killie and Livingston win. Stendel back to being a diamond. Queensferry crossing shuts again so home via Kincardine. Get a punchture but realise I've lost the locking nut key. Get home a 1am to find the wife in bed with Rudi Satchel. Go to get a drink only to find it's non alcoholic then develop a severe case of the Craig Leveins.

Been one of those days so far

cocteautwin
12-02-2020, 01:21 PM
Bitterly cold. Turnstiles not working. Concede early goal from a corner. Batter them for the rest of the game but Stevenson is short with a passback and Shaw makes it 2. Hibs.net on lockdown around 21:30. Hearts, Killie and Livingston win. Stendel back to being a diamond. Queensferry crossing shuts again so home via Kincardine. Get a punchture but realise I've lost the locking nut key. Get home a 1am to find the wife in bed with Rudi Satchel. Go to get a drink only to find it's non alcoholic then develop a severe case of the Craig Leveins.

That’s Hibs for you [emoji3]

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2020, 01:24 PM

Stop moaning. The turnstyles worked fine! 😀

Springbank
12-02-2020, 01:29 PM

Bitterly cold - yup, can't disagree
Turnstiles - reckon they'll be working tonight
Concede early from a corner - with you so far
Better than them for rest of the game - yep

But I reckon we'll score 3 tonight (their defence are slower than a week in Saughton)

And it wouldn't surprise me to concede a late second goal so it's an uncomfortable nervy end to the game

But I'm going 3-2 Hibs tonight

JohnMcM
12-02-2020, 01:30 PM

Huh! Typical .netter, just can't see the positives in anything.:greengrin

marleyhib
12-02-2020, 01:37 PM
Yes, we should be winning tonight. No repeat of St Mirren please.

Sunday will be tough on that pitch.

Jim44
12-02-2020, 02:06 PM
I think we’ll be fine for top 6 but the 11 point gap between Motherwell and us might just be a step too far. But you never know.

Hibeesmad
12-02-2020, 02:28 PM
3-1 to the Hibees.

Unseen work
12-02-2020, 02:35 PM
It’s an incredibly tight league so we cannot afford to drop points.

Ross County, Kilmarnock and Livingston are three must win games, we absolutely need 9 points from that.

Kilmarnock are 1 point behind us and St Johnstone 3 but with a game in hand.

Ideally tonight

Hibs beat County
St Mirren beat Livingston
Rangers beat Killie
St Johnstone draw or lose to Motherwell
Celtic beat Hearts

Hoping we have Allan, Newell and Jackson back for tonight and have no fresh injuries or tiredness from the weekend.

...................Marciano.......

McGinn....Jackson.....Hanlon.....Stevenson.....

Boyle.......Docherty....Omeonga/Whittikar......Allan...

.............McNulty.....Doidge......

Hibeesmad
12-02-2020, 02:47 PM
It’s an incredibly tight league so we cannot afford to drop points.

Ross County, Kilmarnock and Livingston are three must win games, we absolutely need 9 points from that.

Kilmarnock are 1 point behind us and St Johnstone 3 but with a game in hand.

Ideally tonight

Hibs beat County
St Mirren beat Livingston
Rangers beat Killie
St Johnstone draw or lose to Motherwell
Celtic beat Hearts

Hoping we have Allan, Newell and Jackson back for tonight and have no fresh injuries or tiredness from the weekend.

...................Marciano.......

McGinn....Jackson.....Hanlon.....Stevenson.....

Boyle.......Docherty....Omeonga/Whittikar......Allan...

.............McNulty.....Doidge......

I'd rather see St Johnstone beat Motherwell tbh. We should safely see them off overtaking us. Our aim is to get 3rd so we need those in front to drop as many points as possible. As long as we pick up points we have no reason to worry about those behind us.

GreenCastle
12-02-2020, 03:47 PM
Must win tonight.

No excuses just get job done.

Smartie
12-02-2020, 03:56 PM
Tight margins, I don't think we turn our noses up at any win tonight, any win is an excellent result.

I'll be annoyed if we make familiar mistakes with the starting line-up and tactics, and I'll be annoyed if we make another poor start to the game.

Having said I'll be annoyed if we make a poor start, it may well be a night where patience is rewarded. If we're doing the right stuff and it's not quite coming off then that's fine.

h1bs4life
12-02-2020, 04:00 PM
Freezing cold night get the thermals on. Start on the front foot , get the 1st goal and cruise to a 3-0 victory . Well 3-1 victory Ollie Shaw bound to score but hopefully last minute consolation goal. Everybody happy and the worlds a better place. GGTTH :flag:

Springbank
12-02-2020, 05:32 PM
Mon the Hibs

Irish-Hibee
12-02-2020, 09:45 PM
Massive game at the weekend after Killies win tonight.