PDA

View Full Version : Police Scotland

Chorley Hibee
10-02-2020, 10:02 PM
Everything both these sets of fans do on a weekly basis, whilst the above turn a blind eye time and again, and then they finally pick on a 12 year old boy.

They should hang their heads in shame!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-51449162

JimBHibees
10-02-2020, 10:07 PM
Everything both these sets of fans do on a weekly basis, whilst the above turn a blind eye time and again, and then they finally pick on a 12 year old boy.

They should hang their heads in shame!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-51449162

Can't disagree. Seems incredible given the mayhem of that game that a 12 year old be charged.

hibbyfraelibby
11-02-2020, 09:53 AM
Can't disagree. Seems incredible given the mayhem of that game that a 12 year old be charged.

Simples. It will go to a Children's Panel not the Sherrif Court and the full glare of publicity

JeMeSouviens
11-02-2020, 10:48 AM

It's almost as if Sevco desperately needed *anyone* to be charged with racism to back up their Morelos PR push. :rolleyes:

KingPat4
11-02-2020, 10:53 AM
AC12 should be investigating those taking these decisions.

Police Scotland has had a number of high level sackings in the last year or two. Incompetent or corrupt?

Independent
11-02-2020, 10:59 AM
AC12 should be investigating those taking these decisions.

Police Scotland has had a number of high level sackings in the last year or two. Incompetent or corrupt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i35TeNu1gp4

Carheenlea
11-02-2020, 11:03 AM
I think kids are brought up now with a zero tolerance towards racism, both from the home and in schooling. This says more about the boy’s upbringing more than anything else.

If there has been an incident of racist abuse it needs to be dealt within the appropriate manner, regardless of whether the accused is an adult or child. The reluctance to tackle sectarianism in that same manner remains a mystery to those of us on the outside looking in.

KingPat4
11-02-2020, 11:07 AM
Brilliant.

Sudds_1
11-02-2020, 11:09 AM
Brilliant.

Was rge kid there on his own? If not....who was the accompanying adult? Why is he/ she not on a charge?

KingPat4
11-02-2020, 11:10 AM
I wonder if independence would make any difference?

There is little political stomach to truly tackle religious bigotry as it's not a vote winner.

Sticking plasters on gaping wounds.

Carheenlea
11-02-2020, 11:12 AM
I wonder if independence would make any difference?

There is little political stomach to truly tackle religious bigotry as it's not a vote winner.

Sticking plasters on gaping wounds.

Popcorn time..

WhileTheChief..
11-02-2020, 11:12 AM
Was rge kid there on his own? If not....who was the accompanying adult? Why is he/ she not on a charge?

You think that the mum or dad of the kid should be charged?

What with?

KingPat4
11-02-2020, 11:17 AM
Popcorn time..

Not trying to stir things up, it's a genuine question.

My father was a Yorkshireman and my family on both sides had zero interest in football.

So growing up, I could not understand the hatred even kids had for each other.

I still don't. It's crazy.

CMurdoch
11-02-2020, 11:25 AM
I think kids are brought up now with a zero tolerance towards racism, both from the home and in schooling. This says more about the boy’s upbringing more than anything else.

If there has been an incident of racist abuse it needs to be dealt within the appropriate manner, regardless of whether the accused is an adult or child. The reluctance to tackle sectarianism in that same manner remains a mystery to those of us on the outside looking in.

Not all kids get that grounding at home.
Same as it's ever been, if your parents are morons you are likely to grow up a moron.
Too many morons have too many kids, they become morons and have kids who naturally become morons etc etc.
Society is culpable in allowing this to happen rather than having the balls to deal with it.

Sylar
11-02-2020, 12:08 PM
A few of the Rangers fans are questioning the very validity of the arrest. Since the boy can't be named for legal reasons, does he actually exist, or have Police Scotland gone with that so they can "resolve" the case...simulataneously, they're using it as a weapon to demand several quarters of the media (including Mikey Stewart) are held to account for their accusations that this was all bull**** and demand they apologise...

I am so glad I don't live in this Old Firm bubble - the tit for tat bull**** we've had to listen to since that Old Firm game back in December is utterly draining.

FilipinoHibs
11-02-2020, 12:13 PM
A few of the Rangers fans are questioning the very validity of the arrest. Since the boy can't be named for legal reasons, does he actually exist, or have Police Scotland gone with that so they can "resolve" the case...simulataneously, they're using it as a weapon to demand several quarters of the media (including Mikey Stewart) are held to account for their accusations that this was all bull**** and demand they apologise...

I am so glad I don't live in this Old Firm bubble - the tit for tat bull**** we've had to listen to since that Old Firm game back in December is utterly draining.

Seemingly he is an anonymous racist. Agree it is an absolute pantomime and rest of Scotland is cringing.

Bostonhibby
11-02-2020, 12:28 PM
Be a difficult one for Plod Glasgow's crack stamp out hatred squad if the kid pleads not guilty, 50,000 odd sectarian bigots as witnesses, not one credible witness will be found.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Sudds_1
11-02-2020, 12:51 PM
You think that the mum or dad of the kid should be charged?

What with?

Easy enough...

Lack of parental care

Lack of proper supervision and control

All worthy of referral to SW and the Reporter to the Panel

Smartie
11-02-2020, 12:58 PM
As a wee aside, has anyone seen the stuff from the Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday game at the weekend?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/10/boy-suffers-head-injury-from-police-baton-after-barnsley-football-match

A clip went viral which appeared to show a South Yorkshire (!) policeman using excessive force to crack a 16 year old boy over the head with a baton.

There's quite a lot out there on twitter about it but it really doesn't look good for the police officer involved. The young lad had a fair old gouge out of his head and tbh he's lucky it wasn't anything worse.

WhileTheChief..
11-02-2020, 12:58 PM
Easy enough...

Lack of parental care

Assuming you're just having a laugh, yeah? Like, you don't really mean these things do you?

Is 'Lack of parental care' even a thing? Did you just make that up?

Either way, its BS. Go call the police and let us know how you get on.

1 8 7 5
11-02-2020, 01:00 PM
Easy enough...

Lack of parental care

Ridiculous.

hibsbollah
11-02-2020, 01:03 PM
As a wee aside, has anyone seen the stuff from the Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday game at the weekend?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/10/boy-suffers-head-injury-from-police-baton-after-barnsley-football-match

A clip went viral which appeared to show a South Yorkshire (!) policeman using excessive force to crack a 16 year old boy over the head with a baton.

There's quite a lot out there on twitter about it but it really doesn't look good for the police officer involved. The young lad had a fair old gouge out of his head and tbh he's lucky it wasn't anything worse.

Good old South Yorkshire police, a force with a completely untarnished reputation.

Sudds_1
11-02-2020, 01:03 PM
Assuming you're just having a laugh, yeah? Like, you don't really mean these things do you?

Is 'Lack of parental care' even a thing? Did you just make that up?

Either way, its BS. Go call the police and let us know how you get on.

Check the social work scotland act 1968 as amended before you ridicule someone in the profession. Sarcasm in place of actual knowledge is to be pitied rather than scolded.

Sudds_1
11-02-2020, 01:11 PM
And of course...the 1995 Children Act as it applies to scotland

*....long as this is practicable and in the interests of the child, parents have the responsibility to:

Safeguard and promote the child’s health, development and welfare;
Provide direction and guidance to the child

Ok with that????

WhileTheChief..
11-02-2020, 01:16 PM
Check the social work scotland act 1968 as amended before you ridicule someone in the profession. Sarcasm in place of actual knowledge is to be pitied rather than scolded.

Who the **** goes checking acts of parliament before posting on a football forum??!!

You obviously feel strongly about it so why not go report it to someone, if you can find anyone to take you seriously that is.

I think your 'actual knowledge' is BS, as I mentioned earlier.

Sudds_1
11-02-2020, 01:18 PM
Who the **** goes checking acts of parliament before posting on a football forum??!!

You obviously feel strongly about it so why not go report it to someone, if you can find anyone to take you seriously that is.

Why let sarcasm and bile get in the way od the facts. Apology accepted.

Keith_M
11-02-2020, 01:18 PM

I agree with your point on racism, that it should not be tolerated.

The issue in this instance is that there seems to have been a determination on the part of a Sectarian Institution (The Rangers) to have any kind of evidence to back up their Morelos claims (seemingly based on a devious mistranslation) and this is what has driven this prosecution....against, let's not forget, a child.

WHERE is the righteous indignation by Sectarion Institution FC to have the thousands of their own Fans prosecuted for equally heinous, sectarian abuse?

WHERE is even the condemnation of such sectarian abuse?

They are a bunch of Sectarian Hypocrites.

WhileTheChief..
11-02-2020, 01:20 PM

*....long as this is practicable and in the interests of the child, parents have the responsibility to:

Ok with that????

I once saw a mum give her young child Coke and crisps before 9am. I don't think that promotes or safeguards the kid's health. Should I have reported her to someone?

Sudds_1
11-02-2020, 01:22 PM
I once saw a mum give her young child Coke and crisps before 9am. I don't think that promotes or safeguards the kid's health. Should I have reported her to someone?

And now resorts to sillyness. If you want an adult discussion on why parental resonsibility is relevant here then ok.but i suspect you just want an uneducated pop.

hibsbollah
11-02-2020, 01:27 PM

It sounds like you're threatened by the poster above knowing the names of two acts of parliament :faf: Im sure lots of people with no connection to the legal profession know a few.

Hibbyradge
11-02-2020, 01:27 PM

Oh jeez, that's brutal.

The policeman was running at full pelt. His truncheon must have reached about 100mpb by the time it cracked the boy's skull open. I doubt he even saw it coming.

Excessive force without a doubt. Whether the investigation agrees or not is another matter.

Keith_M
11-02-2020, 01:28 PM
Amazing... yet another thread on DotNet that's turned into a squabble between posters.

WhileTheChief..
11-02-2020, 01:30 PM
And now resorts to sillyness. If you want an adult discussion on why parental resonsibility is relevant here then ok.but i suspect you just want an uneducated pop.

You took things way too far with your original post about the parents being charged. You did that purely cause of your hatred of the Old Firm.

You then tell me look up an act of parliament - that was a bit of a nobbish thing to say, no?

If you think that parents should be charged for the words coming out of their children's mouths then you're in the wrong profession.

I started off thinking you were on the wind up, but yeah, I guess I'm now having a pop at your ridiculous stance on this.

I don't care what links you post, or what experience you might have on this subject, you are simply wrong to suggest that the kids parents should be charged.

And, by the way, it appears that the law is on my side or we would have had a story about them being arrested!

WhileTheChief..
11-02-2020, 01:32 PM
It sounds like you're threatened by the poster above knowing the names of two acts of parliament :faf: Im sure lots of people with no connection to the legal profession know a few.

Not sure what you mean here?? Threatened??

Hibbyradge
11-02-2020, 01:32 PM
Amazing... yet another thread on DotNet that's turned into a squabble between posters.

No it's not.

Sudds_1
11-02-2020, 01:34 PM

Ach well....people eh? He accused me of making itup and spouting a load of bs. Then gets angry when i just give him the facts. Disapponting really.

Keith_M
11-02-2020, 01:36 PM
No it's not.

:na na:

Hibbyradge
11-02-2020, 01:39 PM
I think Sudds has a point.

I do know parents can be prosecuted for neglecting their children. I don't know how wide the term "neglect" runs, but here's a couple arrested for having a fat kid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-27730696

Sudds_1
11-02-2020, 01:42 PM
You took things way too far with your original post about the parents being charged. You did that purely cause of your hatred of the Old Firm.

You then tell me look up an act of parliament - that was a bit of a nobbish thing to say, no?

If you think that parents should be charged for the words coming out of their children's mouths then you're in the wrong profession.

I started off thinking you were on the wind up, but yeah, I guess I'm now having a pop at your ridiculous stance on this.

I don't care what links you post, or what experience you might have on this subject, you are simply wrong to suggest that the kids parents should be charged.

And, by the way, it appears that the law is on my side or we would have had a story about them being arrested!

You really have no clue what you're talking about.the law is there to be used....as i made clear to you. Not my place to question why its not been used.....just asked the question why.

Knowing the law and options in this area doesntmakeme an oldfirm hater. What a bizarre thing to say.
And not sbobbish at all to.imvite you to check the facts. It was you after all who claimed it was bs.

But time to move on. I have no desire to endure anymore of your baseless personal attacks.

Hibbyradge
11-02-2020, 01:44 PM
You really have no clue what you're talking about.the law is there to be used....as i made clear to you. Not my place to question why its not been used.....just asked the question why.

Knowing the law and options in this area doesntmakeme an oldfirm hater. What a bizarre thing to say.
And not sbobbish at all to.imvite you to check the facts. It was you after all who claimed it was bs.

But time to move on. I have no desire to endure anymore of your baseless personal attacks.

*Nobbish not snobbish.

Here to help!

Sudds_1
11-02-2020, 01:46 PM
*Nobbish not snobbish.

Here to help!

😄😄 cheers HR.

Unseen work
11-02-2020, 01:47 PM
The parents will not be charged and quite rightly not.

We don’t even know if parents/guardians were with the child and even if they were, they cannot control what their child says even if raised well and told it was unacceptable.

The child will be charged in the presence of his parents at which point the cops will gauge the reception they get from the parents and their views on the subject. The circumstances will then get ran past YJMU who will then decide of the appropriate disposal and if the child’s action deserve forwarding onto the children’s reporter.

There would be a ridiculous amount of parents/guardians charged if it was based on what their children done.

Children now a days have very little respect for what is right and wrong and often do things for attention. Parents face a very tough job keeping them on the straight and narrow.

Sudds_1
11-02-2020, 01:52 PM
The parents will not be charged and quite rightly not.

We don’t even know if parents/guardians were with the child and even if they were, they cannot control what their child says even if raised well and told it was unacceptable.

The child will be charged in the presence of his parents at which point the cops will gauge the reception they get from the parents and their views on the subject. The circumstances will then get ran past YJMU who will then decide of the appropriate disposal and if the child’s action deserve forwarding onto the children’s reporter.

There would be a ridiculous amount of parents/guardians charged if it was based on what their children done.

Children now a days have very little respect for what is right and wrong and often do things for attention. Parents face a very tough job keeping them on the straight and narrow.

I agree to some extent. Each case on its own merits though and the mechanisms are there to take action if deemed appropriate. I am not advocating wholesale purge on parenting....The issue was simply ...who was with the child and what role did they play? If the parents, then to what degree might they have failed to provide appropriate guidance and control?

Unseen work
11-02-2020, 01:53 PM

Ok with that????

What with a child making a remark at a football game proves that his parents/guardians have neglected any of the above?

His health, welfare and safeguard is certainly not in question. Are you suggesting his development or that they haven’t provided direction and guidance to their child?

A parent cannot physically control everything that comes out of a children’s mouth despite doing their best to raise them and teach them right from wrong. Especially if he is seeing/ hearing chants at other games, on tv and social media.

Kojock
11-02-2020, 01:56 PM
A few years ago I was in Tully’s, Motherwell (Celtic Pub). There was a guy playing a guitar and singing Irish Rebel songs. There were primary aged school children joining in an knee every word to every song. Their parents looked sooo proud.

Sudds_1
11-02-2020, 02:11 PM
What with a child making a remark at a football game proves that his parents/guardians have neglected any of the above?

His health, welfare and safeguard is certainly not in question. Are you suggesting his development or that they haven’t provided direction and guidance to their child?

A parent cannot physically control everything that comes out of a children’s mouth despite doing their best to raise them and teach them right from wrong. Especially if he is seeing/ hearing chants at other games, on tv and social media.

Hence my questioning why whoever was with the child allowed thw child to act that way....presumably with no rebuke or sanction. Always assuming he was accompanied by an adult....which raises a different set of questions ifhe wasnt.

CMurdoch
11-02-2020, 04:19 PM

Cops are trained in the use of their baton and striking someone on the head is a no no unless they are in fear for their life.
Obviously a very short clip that doesn't show what led up to it but even if he didn't mean to hit the guy on the head it was reckless.
He is in deep deep poo.

Kato
11-02-2020, 04:22 PM
A lot of people on here assuming this rabidly racist 12 year with the voice loud enough for Morelos to hear above 50,000 other people actually exists. I have my doubts.

KingPat4
11-02-2020, 05:08 PM
A lot of people on here assuming this rabidly racist 12 year with the voice loud enough for Morelos to hear above 50,000 other people actually exists. I have my doubts.

Noddy Holder's grandson?

:dunno:

Keith_M
11-02-2020, 05:11 PM

And arguing about it...

Kato
11-02-2020, 05:15 PM
Noddy Holder's grandson?

:dunno:Well Noddy junior has done a really bad job at bringing Noddy The III up, he should get down and get with it.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
11-02-2020, 05:24 PM
No it's not.
Look behind ye....................

Keith_M
11-02-2020, 05:32 PM
Look behind ye....................

Ooh matron!

Sioux
11-02-2020, 05:35 PM
Cops are trained in the use of their baton and striking someone on the head is a no no unless they are in fear for their life.
Obviously a very short clip that doesn't show what led up to it but even if he didn't mean to hit the guy on the head it was reckless.
He is in deep deep poo.

It’s S Yorks police. I’m not sure the cop will have done anything wrong. That force has previous.

KingPat4
11-02-2020, 05:39 PM
Well Noddy junior has done a really bad job at bringing Noddy The III up, he should get down and get with it.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

He should run, run away.