PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the quarter final

Exuberance1875
10-02-2020, 12:37 PM
Just a thought, we could end up making a massive score out of this. I assume ER will likely sell out, could we move the game to Murrayfield to get a bigger crowd in. Would be some atmosphere and the pitch is bigger which would suit us down to the ground with Boyle’s pace to get in behind their defence.

blackpoolhibs
10-02-2020, 12:38 PM
Just a thought, we could end up making a massive score out of this. I assume ER will likely sell out, could we move the game to Murrayfield to get a bigger crowd in. Would be some atmosphere and the pitch is bigger which would suit us down to the ground with Boyle’s pace to get in behind their defence.
:faf:

Newhaven
10-02-2020, 12:38 PM

Sorry but no chance we’ll sell out Easter road for this. Not even at £10 a skull.

Since452
10-02-2020, 12:44 PM

You haven't been following Hibs long then? We'll get 13/14k tops

BILLYHIBS
10-02-2020, 12:46 PM
Murrayfield is a non starter

Why give up home advantage?

Expect £20 a skull if not dearer

A crowd of 15-18k

I anticipate a very difficult game as Wee Robbo will have his troops up for it

It is a Cup tie anything can happen important we get the job done first time of asking

Strongest team

The 90+2
10-02-2020, 12:48 PM
:faf:

This 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Waxy
10-02-2020, 12:49 PM
Guess op is at the wind up but easter road is perfect for cup ties.
Lets give ICT full respect.

CloudSquall
10-02-2020, 12:50 PM
Are people taking this post seriously? :faf:

10-02-2020, 12:52 PM
Jambo breaks cover.

DH1875
10-02-2020, 12:53 PM
Maybe just a P take because of all the talk about getting the BSC game moved in last round :confused:

SanFranHibs
10-02-2020, 12:56 PM

Sell-out ER against ICT? If only......

However, even if we could manage that, would 22k packed into ER not provide a much better atmosphere than 25-30k spead thinly around Murrayfield? Our best hope of selling out ER is if Robbo's army from Gorgie were to come in the guise of ICT supporters. I am not suggesting these numbers are likely.

13-14k more probable. ER should be packed for a Scottish Cup QF, but I think most would be very pleased if we could get 17-18k.

As long as we win it and progress.

:flag:

Sudds_1
10-02-2020, 01:06 PM

For real?

H18 SFR
10-02-2020, 01:08 PM
The OP has a very reasonable point.

At £10 a ticket we'd get around 20,000 Hibs fans, 500 ICT fans and the usual 4-5,000 obsessed yams.

Perfect logic.

SanFranHibs
10-02-2020, 01:12 PM

At £10 a ticket we'd get around 20,000 Hibs fans, 500 ICT fans and the usual 4-5,000 obsessed yams.

Perfect logic.

Except 25k in Murrayfield would not create a great atmosphere. Don't think the 500 ICT fans would fill the 'away' end very well.

And I know the 10 x 20k is in humour.

Hermit Crab
10-02-2020, 01:13 PM
Wind up, nap.

H18 SFR
10-02-2020, 01:15 PM
Except 25k in Murrayfield would not create a great atmosphere. Don't think the 500 ICT fans would fill the 'away' end very well.

The 5,000 cretins would surely help the ICT fans get a song going?

Keith_M
10-02-2020, 01:19 PM

I don't think so, no.

JKB will currently be full of posts claiming that the Hibs Support are delusional and we think we can fill Murrayfield, etc, all because of one post from an undercover Yam

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 01:21 PM

This is a joke post, right?

Folk might take it more seriously on 12pointsback although you'd have to amend "Boyle" for "some diddy".

hibeerealist
10-02-2020, 01:50 PM
Ltyf

Wilson
10-02-2020, 01:54 PM

I was taking the replies seriously until one ended his post "strongest team".

Inverness is the banana skin many were treating BSC as. There is no question we'll go with the strongest team available!

houstonhibbee
10-02-2020, 01:57 PM

A crowd of 15-18k

It is a Cup tie anything can happen important we get the job done first time of asking

Strongest team
For the same game in 2016 we got less than 10k and that was after a rousing replay against hearts

The 90+2
10-02-2020, 01:57 PM
It can’t be a Jambo. They couldn’t even sell out a semi final against ict at Easter Road let alone play at Murrayfield.

GordonHFC
10-02-2020, 01:58 PM

Not allowed to change venue unless there is a H&S risk and the police recommend a move. No chance whatsoever of there being a risk at this game.

Exuberance1875
10-02-2020, 01:58 PM

Perfect logic.

Yeah, I have been supporting Hibs for 5-6 years since coming over from Canada.

Not a wind up I just thought, based on the times I’ve seen us in major cup semis and finals, we have taken good crowds and would be a great atmosphere.

Find it a bit disappointing that you have an opinion that some people don’t like and you get called a piss take? My OP did say ‘Just a thought’’

The 90+2
10-02-2020, 01:59 PM
For the same game in 2016 we got less than 10k and that was after a rousing replay against hearts

Week before the League cup final though.

Since90+2
10-02-2020, 02:00 PM
It can’t be a Jambo. They couldn’t even sell out a semi final against ict at Easter Road let alone play at Murrayfield.

Exactly.

BILLYHIBS
10-02-2020, 02:01 PM

Yeah on reflection you are probably correct our crowds recently have been scheite and the place is reminiscent of a morgue

Let’s see what happens

Since452
10-02-2020, 02:03 PM
Remember 10k including 3.5k Celtic fans turned up to watch Hearts lose 7-0?

hibbyfraelibby
10-02-2020, 02:23 PM

Who is you magic mushroon supplier?

CMurdoch
10-02-2020, 02:26 PM
Ltyf

KingPat4
10-02-2020, 02:33 PM
The attendance will be 13.178.

kaimendhibs
10-02-2020, 03:42 PM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
10-02-2020, 03:43 PM
I won't be there. Booked up for Istanbul [emoji27]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2020, 03:46 PM

A crowd of 15-18k

Strongest team
Why will Robbo have them up for it? Neilson was supposed to have United up for it. Pished all over them for 180 minutes.

I'm really not expecting a tough game. If we play our best we'll win easily.

BILLYHIBS
10-02-2020, 03:55 PM
Why will Robbo have them up for it? Neilson was supposed to have United up for it. Pished all over them for 180 minutes.

I'm really not expecting a tough game. If we play our best we'll win easily.

What no youngsters this time ?!😂

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2020, 03:58 PM
What no youngsters this time ?!😂:faf: 😂 :faf: 😂

Really funny.

I actually don't see why not. I'd start Murray at least. Although I'm sure I'll get told it's a potential banana skin, the weather isn't great and they deserve respect.

BILLYHIBS
10-02-2020, 03:59 PM
:faf: 😂 :faf: 😂

Really funny.

I actually don't see why not. I'd start Murray at least. Although I'm sure I'll get told it's a potential banana skin, the weather isn't great and they deserve respect.
Tell you what

Give them a chance

Start with Rocky in goals 😂

H18 SFR
10-02-2020, 04:38 PM

Not a wind up I just thought, based on the times I’ve seen us in major cup semis and finals, we have taken good crowds and would be a great atmosphere.

Find it a bit disappointing that you have an opinion that some people don’t like and you get called a piss take? My OP did say ‘Just a thought’’

I take it that you weren't at the semi vs Celtic this season?

Carheenlea
10-02-2020, 04:54 PM
We’ve got Ross County at home, Kilmarnock away then Livingston at home before the quarter final tie - a real chance to build up a bit of steam and some decent form before the Inverness game. How we do in those games might well have a bearing on how many fill Easter Road that day/night, but I’m quite confident that we will have a bit of feel good factor and confidence among the support, and we will see off ICT at first ask.

basehibby
11-02-2020, 08:25 AM

That makes sense - pay no attention to the paranoid posters who see a lurking Yam behind every rock.

Unfortunately the reality is that we will not come close to selling out Easter Rd for this game. I'd predict about 14,000. Also - even if we could get 30,000 at Murrayfield there would be a very strong argument for retaining home advantage at a packed ER rather than playing to a half empty Murrayfield.