PDA

View Full Version : Next up Ross County

Billy Whizz
10-02-2020, 09:19 AM
Games coming thick and fast, and another big match on Wednesday
Benefit of a lot of matches, it’s allowed Jack to get some game time into some of the new signings, plus more game time for Whittaker etc

County got a great result last time out, so will come with confidence. Plus they beat us last time out in Dingwall

I’m presuming we’ll go back to a more familiar set up, and I’m hoping Murray and Gullan retain their places in the match squad

We need 3 points to push up the table

Diclonius
10-02-2020, 09:23 AM
I'd like to see Murray and Gullan.

Keith_M
10-02-2020, 09:53 AM

Have you not seen them before?

:dunno:

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 10:07 AM

Maybe for the last 20 if we're comfortable by then.

Which we won't be.

If/when we confirm top 6 status, and have no chance of a European place, we can play the entire development squad for all I care, but until then, strongest team every time.

Speedway
10-02-2020, 10:09 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing the wrong tactics and team selection delivering an under-par first half littered with defensive lapses, followed by half time tactical changes (Horgan off, McNulty on etc) leading to a much improved second half with the full time whistle coming just a little too early for us to claim all three points.

Heisenberg
10-02-2020, 10:13 AM
I’d like us to try a diamond again for this. McNulty a bit unlucky to miss out, especially as Boyle hasn’t been at his best in the last couple of games.

Marciano

McGinn
Jackson/McGregor (whoever is fit)
Hanlon
Stevenson

Hallberg (assuming Whittaker won’t play again)
Omeonga
Docherty
Allan

Doidge
Boyle

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2020, 10:18 AM
Maybe for the last 20 if we're comfortable by then.

Which we won't be.

If/when we confirm top 6 status, and have no chance of a European place, we can play the entire development squad for all I care, but until then, strongest team every time.
They could be part of the strongest team, certainly Murray offered more than Horgan on Sunday. Actually requires some faith and confidence in them.

Vault Boy
10-02-2020, 10:21 AM
4 at the back and 2 up front. The selection depends on how we're coming along with injuries etc, but Docherty has certainly earned his place.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 10:26 AM
They could be part of the strongest team, certainly Murray offered more than Horgan on Sunday. Actually requires some faith and confidence in them.

If he's a better option then I agree.

I don't think Murray would have been as important to us defensively yesterday as Horgan was.

However, the manager sees them in training every day so he'll know more than what we discerned from a 20 minute performance with fresh legs against a tiring part time team. A team which had been tired by, amongst others, Daryl Horgan.

B.H.F.C
10-02-2020, 10:37 AM
If he's a better option then I agree.

I don't think Murray would have been as important to us defensively yesterday as Horgan was.

However, the manager sees them in training every day so he'll know more than what we discerned from a 20 minute performance with fresh legs against a tiring part time team. A team which had been tired by, amongst others, Daryl Horgan.

Horgan was garbage yesterday. He generally makes a good impact coming off the bench but doesn’t do enough to back that up when he starts.

I remember him making a good interception to knock the ball out for a corner running back the way. But he never delivered anything in an attacking sense at all.

H18S NX
10-02-2020, 10:40 AM
I think we will start off with the usual slow build up,passing the ball across the back first half,change the shape in the second,score,and concede a late equaliser in the last 5 mins,imo,of course.

Glory Lurker
I'm looking forward to seeing the wrong tactics and team selection delivering an under-par first half littered with defensive lapses, followed by half time tactical changes (Horgan off, McNulty on etc) leading to a much improved second half with the full time whistle coming just a little too early for us to claim all three points.

:faf::boo hoo:

Andy74

Murray offered more than Horgan because we changed shape and allowed Murray to play further forward.

Horgan played as a wing back against the wind for the first half and he spent a lot of his time tracking back.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 10:46 AM
Horgan was garbage yesterday. He generally makes a good impact coming off the bench but doesn’t do enough to back that up when he starts.

I remember him making a good interception to knock the ball out for a corner running back the way. But he never delivered anything in an attacking sense at all.

He wasn't garbage. He contributed a lot more than just one interception.

I accept that you only noticed that one thing, but I assure you he provided much more than that.

But, as is always the case on here, once an opinion has been posted, it will never be changed or even softened.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 10:46 AM
Murray offered more than Horgan because we changed shape and allowed Murray to play further forward.

Horgan played as a wing back against the wind for the first half and he spent a lot of his time tracking back.

Spot on.

B.H.F.C
10-02-2020, 10:49 AM
He wasn't garbage. He contributed a lot more than just one interception.

I accept that you only noticed that one thing, but I assure you he provided much more than that.

But, as is always the case on here, once an opinion has been posted, it will never be changed or even softened.

I thought he was garbage. From a player like him I’m looking for an attacking threat against that level of opposition. I’m sure he tracked back, but doing a bit of running is a minimum requirement.

He didn’t get hooked for playing well.

As for your last sentence, maybe that applies to you as well eh?

SlickShoes
10-02-2020, 10:49 AM
I'd be quite happy if we play the way we have since Jack came in and the defense didnt have some sort of goal conceding lapse or 2. We have generally played quite well without being amazing, but been badly let down by defensive mistakes/goalie errors.

Unseen work
10-02-2020, 10:55 AM
It’s a really tough decision for Ross if everyone is fit.

2 up top is most people’s preference especially with having McNulty and Doidge. That then more or less leaves us with 4 in midfield with Boyle being one of them in a wider position.

Allan, Newell, Whittikar, Omeonga and Docherty are all either in form or our best player and would be expexting to start however competing for the same position.

Can Whittikar play again after 90 mins yesterday?

The defence needs changed but little to no options to do so.

For me I’d go with, if fit:

...........................Marciano......

McGinn......Jackson...........Hanlon.......Stevens on.....

Boyle.........Docherty..........Omeonga.........Al lan........

......................McNulty.......Doidge...

Allan on the left as he naturally drifts out there and then can cut in to his strong right foot for the reverse pass. Keep a tight 4 when out of possession.

Omeonga just in ahead of Newell as I’m unsure if he will be fit and I think with Docherty bombing on he will go with Omeonga to sit and break up play. Unfortunate for Newell as I think he’s been brilliant recently.

McNulty and Doidge both have goals and if given the right service will score, plenty players in that team to help them do so.

B.H.F.C
10-02-2020, 10:58 AM

2 up top is most people’s preference especially with having McNulty and Doidge. That then more or less leaves us with 4 in midfield with Boyle being one of them in a wider position.

Allan, Newell, Whittikar, Omeonga and Docherty are all either in form or our best player and would be expexting to start however competing for the same position.

Allan on the left as he naturally drifts out there and then can cut in to his strong right foot for the reverse pass. Keep a tight 4 when out of possession.

Omeonga just in ahead of Newell as I’m unsure if he will be fit and I think with Docherty bombing on he will go with Omeonga to sit and break up play. Unfortunate for Newell as I think he’s been brilliant recently.

McNulty and Doidge both have goals and if given the right service will score, plenty players in that team to help them do so.

Finding a shape that lets us get our best players in is still the most difficult thing. For me it would be a back three. That way you can get Boyle wide, Allan as a number 10 and two strikers.

I know he did it yesterday but the circumstances were a bit different so I don’t see it happening.

sean04
10-02-2020, 11:05 AM
Can see it being a bit of a battle on Wednesday, Ross county are awkward. Will have to be patient. 2-0 hibs

B.H.F.C
10-02-2020, 11:14 AM
Can see it being a bit of a battle on Wednesday, Ross county are awkward. Will have to be patient. 2-0 hibs

Neither team can defend so I’m expecting goals.

500miles
10-02-2020, 11:18 AM
.............Marciano
.McGinn..McGregor.Hanlon.Stevenson
..........Hallberg
.....Docherty..Omeonga
...........Boyle
.....McNulty.....Doidge

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 11:22 AM
I thought he was garbage. From a player like him I’m looking for an attacking threat against that level of opposition. I’m sure he tracked back, but doing a bit of running is a minimum requirement.

He didn’t get hooked for playing well.

As for your last sentence, maybe that applies to you as well eh?

Any need for the antagonism?

I wasn't criticising you. It's a general point that applies to everyone, including me on occasion, and it makes conversations on here virtually impossible.

I pointed out a fact that Horgan was extremely valuable to us defensively yesterday because from your comments it was clear that you didn't notice that.

If you're not open to the possibility that he contributed more than you think, then there's no point either of us discussing it.

yerauldda
10-02-2020, 11:24 AM

This team but with Docherty, Allan and Omeonga in a 3 and Boyle in a free role so he can pop up on either side of the front 2.

FilipinoHibs
10-02-2020, 11:24 AM
Allan and Newell. Were they rested? We have a heavy schedule and JR looks to be making full use of rotation.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 11:25 AM
Allan and Newell. Were they rested? We have a schedule and JR looks to be making full use of rotation.

I think Allan was injured.

supermcginn
10-02-2020, 11:26 AM
Bogdan

mcginn
mcgregor
jackson
whittaker

docherty
omeonga
allan

boyle
doidge
mcnulty

greenlex
10-02-2020, 11:37 AM
I think Allan was injured.

I think both were

Since452
10-02-2020, 11:38 AM
No easy games in our league but I expect us to win on Wednesday. Bit of pay back for our defeat up there

Onion
10-02-2020, 11:38 AM

Is that you Jack ?

B.H.F.C
10-02-2020, 11:39 AM

I wasn't criticising you. It's a general point that applies to everyone, including me on occasion, and it makes conversations on here virtually impossible.

I pointed out a fact that Horgan was extremely valuable to us defensively yesterday because from your comments it was clear that you didn't notice that.

If you're not open to the possibility that he contributed more than you think, then there's no point either of us discussing it.

Antagonism?

I merely think that Horgan’s performance yesterday should be measured on more than what I see as a basic requirement from any player. I highlighted one particularly decent bit of defending from him. Other than that, it was what I’d expect.

If you think his contribution yesterday merits praise, fine. I don’t. I don’t think Horgan was signed for his defensive abilities, which is good because he generally struggles against fit, full time players. However, we’re not getting enough from him in the final third, which was certainly the case yesterday.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-02-2020, 11:39 AM

Is Doidge in your good books just now, or do you fancy him to miss two or three sitters and a penalty?

Since452
10-02-2020, 11:42 AM
You just know Oli Shaw is scoring the winner

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 11:44 AM
No easy games in our league but I expect us to win on Wednesday. Bit of pay back for our defeat up there

It won't be easy, that's the only certainty.

County will have had a full week's rest while we had an energy sapping battle against Storm Ciara and BSC yesterday.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't win.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 11:53 AM
Antagonism?

I merely think that Horgan’s performance yesterday should be measured on more than what I see as a basic requirement from any player. I highlighted one particularly decent bit of defending from him. Other than that, it was what I’d expect.

If you think his contribution yesterday merits praise, fine. I don’t. I don’t think Horgan was signed for his defensive abilities, which is good because he generally struggles against fit, full time players. However, we’re not getting enough from him in the final third, which was certainly the case yesterday.

I said he was important to us defensively. That's s fact.

You said he was garbage. That's an opinion.

Horgan wasn't great going forward, no-one was, but, apart from the first goal, he was much more involved than Boyle, and he did more defensively. Again, they're facts.

Your point that he wasn't signed for his defensive abilities shows that you're not prepared to re-evaluate and give credit where it's due.

We're not going to get even close to agreeing so I'll leave it there.

FilipinoHibs
10-02-2020, 11:55 AM
It won't be easy, that's the only certainty.

County will have had a full week's rest while we had an energy sapping battle against Storm Ciara and BSC yesterday.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't win.

Did not look to energy sapping as ball was pinged about like a pinball. We are match sharp and they have long journey in difficult weather conditions. Plus Allan and Newell rested

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 11:58 AM
Did not look to energy sapping as ball was pinged about like a pinball. We are match sharp and they have long journey in difficult weather conditions. Plus Allan and Newell rested

Have you ever gone for a run in a moderately strong wind never mind a gale?

It's knackering. Lovely with it behind you, but into it is hellish.

Allan and Newell were injured and may not be available.

B.H.F.C
10-02-2020, 12:12 PM
I said he was important to us defensively. That's s fact.

You said he was garbage. That's an opinion.

Horgan wasn't great going forward, no-one was, but, apart from the first goal, he was much more involved than Boyle, and he did more defensively. Again, they're facts.

Your point that he wasn't signed for his defensive abilities shows that you're not prepared to re-evaluate and give credit where it's due.

We're not going to get even close to agreeing so I'll leave it there.

Ah, what you think is a fact and whatever someone else thinks is an opinion. Excellent.

You’re correct, I won’t re-evaluate yesterday. But I will give credit when it’s due. I just don’t think it was due yesterday.

As for nobody being great going forward, McNulty with his three goals and Docherty with his two assists and a goal might disagree. Or is that just an opinion?

Steve20
10-02-2020, 12:23 PM

To be honest, Hamilton, St Mirren, St Johnstone and Ross County are pretty easy games that teams who actually are organised should be beating with ease. We just make things too difficult for ourselves most games, which is why we hardly win anymore.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 12:30 PM
Ah, what you think is a fact and whatever someone else thinks is an opinion. Excellent.

You’re correct, I won’t re-evaluate yesterday. But I will give credit when it’s due. I just don’t think it was due yesterday.

As for nobody being great going forward, McNulty with his three goals and Docherty with his two assists and a goal might disagree. Or is that just an opinion?

It's a fact that he was instrumental in stopping BSC scoring. I can prove that by showing you the incidents.

His performance being garbage is clearly an opinion because others disagree.

Refusing to even consider re-evaluating is the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears.

B.H.F.C
10-02-2020, 12:45 PM
It's a fact that he was instrumental in stopping BSC scoring. I can prove that by showing you the incidents.

His performance being garbage is clearly an opinion because others disagree.

Refusing to even consider re-evaluating is the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears.

I’ve not actually criticised his defensive side, I actually highlighted an occasion where he did that job well. It doesn't change my opinion on his overall performance though. Your assertion that he was in some way critical to our defensive performance is also an opinion, going by your own logic, because I disagree with it. For me, how poor he was with the ball offset the positive he did without it (which I think is being greatly exaggerated) and I why I come to the conclusion I did.

I hope he’s not in the team on Wednesday because I think he’s offering nowhere near enough. If he is in the team I hope he plays well, in which case I’ll be happy to say he did.

bingo70
10-02-2020, 12:53 PM
I’ve not actually criticised his defensive side, I actually highlighted an occasion where he did that job well. It doesn't change my opinion on his overall performance though. Your assertion that he was in some way critical to our defensive performance is also an opinion, going by your own logic, because I disagree with it. For me, how poor he was with the ball offset the positive he did without it (which I think is being greatly exaggerated) and I why I come to the conclusion I did.

I hope he’s not in the team on Wednesday because I think he’s offering nowhere near enough. If he is in the team I hope he plays well, in which case I’ll be happy to say he did.

FWIW I agree with all that you have said about Horgan.

I think he’s a better player than he is showing just now. I think he needs benched for a while and I think he still has something to offer coming off the bench as an impact player. When he’s starting games he’s not offering anything nearly enough just now, and that very much includes yesterday when in my opinion, he was very poor again.

There may have been mitigating circumstances yesterday but I don’t thibk people are judging him solely on yesterday’s match, he’s not offered enough for a while now.

MacGruber
10-02-2020, 12:59 PM

Shows how strong we are in the middle of the park, considering we also have Halberg who hasn't done much wrong even out of his natural position and Mallan to come back in. Slivka is a good player too when he's at it.

Scott Allan
Docherty
Omeonga
Halberg
Newell
Mallan

Very strong centrally

JammyDoidger
10-02-2020, 12:59 PM
Marciano

Mcginn
Jackson
Hanlon

Boyle
Omeonga
Docherty
Allan
Stevenson

Doidge
Mcnulty

Pretty Boy
10-02-2020, 01:02 PM
I still can't work out what the point of the winter break was?

Even taking the Dundee Utd replay out the equation our schedule leading up to it and after it has been absolutely hectic. Players must be knackered.

B.H.F.C
10-02-2020, 01:05 PM
FWIW I agree with all that you have said about Horgan.

I think he’s a better player than he is showing just now. I think he needs benched for a while and I think he still has something to offer coming off the bench as an impact player. When he’s starting games he’s not offering anything nearly enough just now, and that very much includes yesterday when in my opinion, he was very poor again.

There may have been mitigating circumstances yesterday but I don’t thibk people are judging him solely on yesterday’s match, he’s not offered enough for a while now.

It’s not so long ago that I would have been looking for Horgan to be in the team. But I think, with the exception of a few occasions where he’s made an impact of the bench, he’s been poor for ages now. Unless we play the diamond, I think that position on the left is a bit of a problem just now.

SquashedFrogg
10-02-2020, 01:06 PM
You just know Oli Shaw is scoring the winner

Hopefully not the winner, but it's a nap he scores.

Hibeewilly
10-02-2020, 01:17 PM
I still can't work out what the point of the winter break was?

Even taking the Dundee Utd replay out the equation our schedule leading up to it and after it has been absolutely hectic. Players must be knackered.
I agree totally ….there is no need for a winter break.....hope it gets abolished next year

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 01:22 PM
Your assertion that he was in some way critical to our defensive performance is also an opinion, going by your own logic, because I disagree with it.

How can something I can prove be an opinion?

I can show you at least 3 occasions where DH rescued our defence. He was good defensively. Given the shape of our defence, maybe that was part of the role he was given.

It would be like me saying that I am taller than Darren McGregor and you saying it was an opinion because you disagreed.

I don't think Daryl was great going forward, neither was Martin Boyle on the other side, but Horgan was important defensively. None of that is opinion.

If that equates to being garbage then we'll have to agree to disagree on the definition.

B.H.F.C
10-02-2020, 01:29 PM
How can something I can prove be an opinion?

I can show you at least 3 occasions where DH rescued our defence. He was good defensively. Given the shape of our defence, maybe that was part of the role he was given.

It would be like me saying that I am taller than Darren McGregor and you saying it was an opinion because you disagreed.

I don't think Daryl was great going forward, neither was Martin Boyle on the other side, but Horgan was important defensively. None of that is opinion.

If that equates to being garbage then we'll have to agree to disagree on the definition.

You do realise it was you that applied that logic (that something can only be classed as an opinion if others disagree) in an earlier post?

Anyway, you’re right, let’s agree to disagree. I thought he was crap, you didn’t. You’re completely ignoring the part of my last post where I said he was fine defensively but that didn’t merit him being praised overall IMO.

WhileTheChief..
10-02-2020, 01:32 PM
Bad day today Ragde??

The guy is hardly slating Horgan, what you getting so worked up about?!!

Phil MaGlass
10-02-2020, 01:32 PM
Stick the young guys in now.
Good for their development and seems they are good enough.

Tyler Durden
10-02-2020, 01:39 PM
Horgan was poor yesterday, he’s been poor all season. Jack Ross has given him a number of opportunities from the start now and he’s failed to impress time and time again.

Disappointing but he can have no complaints if he’s back on the bench for the foreseeable future.

Bobby's Cinema
10-02-2020, 01:42 PM
To be honest, Hamilton, St Mirren, St Johnstone and Ross County are pretty easy games that teams who actually are organised should be beating with ease. We just make things too difficult for ourselves most games, which is why we hardly win anymore.
The 4th best team in the league since the new man came in. 3 wins and a draw since returning from Christmas and a great draw in the Scottish cup.

This kind of relentless negativity makes more determined to support and stand up for my team. I thank you :aok:

Billy Whizz
10-02-2020, 01:43 PM
Not sure what’s happened with Hallberg of late. Came in late yesterday and looked comfortable

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 01:50 PM
You do realise it was you that applied that logic (that something can only be classed as an opinion if others disagree) in an earlier post?

That wasn't my point.

I nearly wrote "as you know" but I'll take your word for it that you didn't understand it.

You can disagree with an opinion. People disagreed that Horgan was "Garbage".

You can't disagree with a fact. I can show you Horgan's defensive contributions ergo it's a fact.

Sure,byou can deny that fact, but that's the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears.

I'm done.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 01:52 PM
Bad day today Ragde??

The guy is hardly slating Horgan, what you getting so worked up about?!!

What's a slating if "He was garbage" isn't?

I'm perfectly calm, though. Just pointlessly debating.

B.H.F.C
10-02-2020, 01:53 PM
That wasn't my point.

I nearly wrote "as you know" but I'll take your word for it that you didn't understand it.

You can disagree with an opinion. People disagreed that Horgan was "Garbage".

You can't disagree with a fact. I can show you Horgan's defensive contributions ergo it's a fact.

Sure,byou can deny that fact, but that's the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears.

I'm done.

After all that, I’m glad you’re done. Maybe try to take on board the fact that I didn’t criticise his defensive contribution though....

Hibby Kay-Yay
10-02-2020, 01:55 PM
Rocky

McGinn Jackson Hanlon Stevenson

Omeonga

Docherty Newall

Boyle

Doidge McNulty

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 02:01 PM
After all that, I’m glad you’re done. Maybe try to take on board the fact that I didn’t criticise his defensive contribution though....

No, you didn't.

However, you pointedly refused to give him any credit for the good things he did.

"You’re correct, I won’t re-evaluate yesterday. But I will give credit when it’s due. I just don’t think it was due yesterday."

B.H.F.C
10-02-2020, 02:15 PM
No, you didn't.

However, you pointedly refused to give him any credit for the good things he did.

"You’re correct, I won’t re-evaluate yesterday. But I will give credit when it’s due. I just don’t think it was due yesterday."

Selective with what you’re quoting there. Elsewhere I did point out that he did some good which was just offset against the things he didn’t do, that I’d expect him to do, hence my opinion of his overall performance. Perhaps you just misunderstood me.

B.H.F.C
10-02-2020, 02:16 PM
Rocky

McGinn Jackson Hanlon Stevenson

Omeonga

Docherty Newall

Boyle

Doidge McNulty

Was anything said about Newell and Jackson’s injuries that kept them out yesterday?

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 02:24 PM
Selective with what you’re quoting there. Elsewhere I did point out that he did some good which was just offset against the things he didn’t do, that I’d expect him to do, hence my opinion of his overall performance. Perhaps you just misunderstood me.

Yes, you acknowledged that he did some good, you just refused to give him credit for it, hence my quote.

Finally, we agree on something, however.

I most certainly don't understand you.

B.H.F.C
10-02-2020, 02:35 PM
Yes, you acknowledged that he did some good, you just refused to give him credit for it, hence my quote.

Finally, we agree on something, however.

I most certainly don't understand you.

Surely it’d be an issue if I just didn’t acknowledge it? I did but thought the other aspects of his performance amounted to so little that I still thought he was garbage. Not that difficult to understand, really.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 02:44 PM
Surely it’d be an issue if I just didn’t acknowledge it? I did but thought the other aspects of his performance amounted to so little that I still thought he was garbage. Not that difficult to understand, really.

Please don't start getting all reasonable and conciliatory now. That'll mean I won't be able to contradict you and the argument will just peter out.

People are enjoying this. Two grown men arguing over something less than trivial, both unwilling to give any concessions for fear of losing face and risking a minute, and unimportant, dent to their cyber egos.

It's what makes the internet great.

That's me had the last word, by the way. Cheers.

WhileTheChief..
10-02-2020, 02:54 PM
C'mon BHFC, get a quick witted reply in, we're rooting for you!!

BILLYHIBS
10-02-2020, 02:56 PM
Bhfc!
Bhfc!
Bhfc!

B.H.F.C
10-02-2020, 02:56 PM
C'mon BHFC, get a quick witted reply in, we're rooting for you!!

I’m just shocked that he referred to himself as a grown man, really.

CMurdoch
10-02-2020, 03:02 PM
Not sure what’s happened with Hallberg of late. Came in late yesterday and looked comfortable

It appears Ross doesn't rate him.
The rise of Newell and the introduction of Omeonga and Docherty appears to have cooked his goose as a starter.

CMurdoch
10-02-2020, 03:06 PM
Marciano

McGinn
Jackson (if fit)
Hanlon
Stevenson

Newell (if fit)
Omeonga
Docherty
Allan (if fit)

Doidge
McNulty

Bench: Bogdan, Slivka, Hallberg, McGregor, James, Horgan
Bubbling under: Murray and Gullan to replace an injured player in above suggested squad
Rested: Whittaker
Injured: Mallan, Gray, Porteous and Naismith

24 first team players listed. Have I forgotten anyone?

seanshow
10-02-2020, 03:11 PM
Will the game go ahead, a bit of snow... and it's only 2 days and 4 1/2 hours till Kick off.!

:fishin:

supermcginn
10-02-2020, 03:22 PM
It appears Ross doesn't rate him.
The rise of Newell and the introduction of Omeonga and Docherty appears to have cooked his goose as a starter.
Yip, he'll be away in the summer.

KingPat4
10-02-2020, 03:23 PM

I thought Horgan put in a decent shift yesterday. He was popping up all over the place, closing down and blocking.I don't understand the venom some folks direct at him.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 03:31 PM
I’m just shocked that he referred to himself as a grown man, really.

Not bad. Not great, but not garbage.

Sorry I took a while to reply. I was out doing grown man things.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 03:32 PM
I thought Horgan put in a decent shift yesterday. He was popping up all over the place, closing down and blocking.I don't understand the venom some folks direct at him.

Oh oh. Brace yourself.

(That's the sort of annoying thing one says in these situations, right?)

KingPat4
10-02-2020, 03:35 PM
I have put my head between my knees.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 03:38 PM
i have put my head between my knees.

tmi.

KingPat4
10-02-2020, 03:43 PM
tmi.

Eh? Oh, ha ha!

I thought it was a typo and you were calling me a Celtic fan.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 03:44 PM
Eh? Oh, ha ha!

I thought it was a typo and you were calling me a Celtic fan.

:greengrin

heretoday
10-02-2020, 03:47 PM

I agree and I'll thrash the man who says any different.

Stanton Spence
10-02-2020, 04:17 PM
Marciano

McGinn
Jackson (if fit)
Hanlon
Stevenson

Newell (if fit)
Omeonga
Docherty
Allan (if fit)

Doidge
McNulty

Bench: Bogdan, Slivka, Hallberg, McGregor, James, Horgan
Bubbling under: Murray and Gullan to replace an injured player in above suggested squad
Rested: Whittaker
Injured: Mallan, Gray, Porteous and Naismith

24 first team players listed. Have I forgotten anyone?

I can't see Boyle?

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

jacomo
10-02-2020, 04:48 PM

Just need to make Speedway Head Coach, Executive Chairman and Hibs Overlord and all will be fixed.

I believe in you so much I will be your anonymous benefactor if you like... an initial £10m upfront and no questions asked (don’t ask where the money comes from either... it’s best you don’t know).

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 04:56 PM
Just need to make Speedway Head Coach, Executive Chairman and Hibs Overlord and all will be fixed.

I believe in you so much I will be your anonymous benefactor if you like... an initial £10m upfront and no questions asked (don’t ask where the money comes from either... it’s best you don’t know).

Hire FilipinoHibs as your accountant.

Glory Lurker
10-02-2020, 05:34 PM
Hang on....

Jack ROSS

ROSS County.

What does it all mean???

Wilson
10-02-2020, 06:03 PM
Hang on....

Jack ROSS

ROSS County.

What does it all mean???

JACK s***.

h1bs4life
10-02-2020, 06:18 PM
Think it will depend how generous our defence is and how many goals of a start we give them.
Expect them to play similar to other teams and let Stevenson have plenty of the ball knowing it will be passed back the way or at best sideways and wait for a defensive mistake. Whole defence needs an overhaul at end of season. Probably be a close game but hopefully we will score one more than them.

B.H.F.C
10-02-2020, 06:28 PM
Think it will depend how generous our defence is and how many goals of a start we give them.

Would be nice if we come out and actually start a home game well. Recently, we’ve been dreadful and played with little urgency early on.

Since452
10-02-2020, 07:19 PM
Would be nice if we come out and actually start a home game well. Recently, we’ve been dreadful and played with little urgency early on.

Yup. A wee 3-0 win wouldn't go amiss

Billy Whizz
11-02-2020, 06:35 PM
Think we’ve taken 1 point of out 6 from Ross County this season, which is a poor return
Really nothing less than 3 points from this game is required

Vault Boy
11-02-2020, 06:38 PM
Think we’ve taken 1 point of out 6 from Ross County this season, which is a poor return

They've definitely been an awkward thorn in our side. Hopefully we put that right, as you say.

erin go bragh
11-02-2020, 06:44 PM
Both games up in the highlands .Fancy us to win by a couple tomorrow night .

Billy Whizz
11-02-2020, 06:47 PM
Both games up in the highlands .Fancy us to win by a couple tomorrow night .

1st game was at ER in October
We were 2-0 up, and lost 2 late goals

Glory Lurker
11-02-2020, 06:54 PM
County are a borderline bogey club for us.

DTS
11-02-2020, 10:21 PM
I’m praying for a comfy win to nil, it’s needed a nice 2-0 lead or a dominating 1-0 seen through the second half to finish 2/3-0 would be great. I’d take 1-0 over 3-1 right now as stupid as it is I just get more happiness and reassurance from clean sheets as we know we can score goals

HendoDelivered
11-02-2020, 10:34 PM
Must win.

hibbie02
12-02-2020, 10:27 AM
Expect them to play similar to other teams and let Stevenson have plenty of the ball knowing it will be passed back the way or at best sideways and wait for a defensive mistake. Whole defence needs an overhaul at end of season. Probably be a close game but hopefully we will score one more than them.

All this passing across the back line confuses the hell out of me. I can understand it if I am watching Barca, I can't with Hibs. We have a midfield now, use it. Similarly when Rocky thinks he's a Keeper Sweeper, I have to look away. You just know it won't end well. Our defence need to pass to the midfield or boot it out the ground if necessary. They are not that gifted. By all means play a passing game, but do that by using the midfield, whose job it is to do that stuff. Maybe if our Defence concentrate on the basics and let the rest of the team do the fancy stuff.

erin go bragh
12-02-2020, 03:35 PM
1st game was at ER in October
We were 2-0 up, and lost 2 late goals
So we were 😳 Was thinking one was lc group game but that must have been last season .

PeeJay
12-02-2020, 06:19 PM
All this passing across the back line confuses the hell out of me. I can understand it if I am watching Barca, I can't with Hibs. We have a midfield now, use it. Similarly when Rocky thinks he's a Keeper Sweeper, I have to look away. You just know it won't end well. Our defence need to pass to the midfield or boot it out the ground if necessary. They are not that gifted. By all means play a passing game, but do that by using the midfield, whose job it is to do that stuff. Maybe if our Defence concentrate on the basics and let the rest of the team do the fancy stuff.

My take on this is that our midfielders generally don't want the ball and this has been the case for some time now ... that's why they do it, they don't know who to give it to ...
The defence is badly organised and there is little to no proper link up play in a sustained and systematic manner from back to front - how many times do you see our players being static? I often have the feeling they don't really know what their teammates are going to do at any given time. This can all be worked out at the training ground. Barcelona didn't just play the way they did because they were talented, they worked bloody hard at the training ground on getting everything right - Iniesta used to say they played all their best football in training sessions ...

Hibeesmad
12-02-2020, 06:20 PM
County are a borderline bogey club for us.

I'm still raging about that cup final tbh.