PDA

View Full Version : Highlight of the Game

hibby rae
09-02-2020, 01:17 PM
For me it has to be their number 5 shouting we were 'spoon burning *******s' during the second half. 😂

You don't get that value at the rugby!

Hibbyradge
09-02-2020, 01:17 PM
For me it has to be their number 5 shouting we were 'spoon burning *******s' during the second half. 😂

Seriously?

Since452
09-02-2020, 01:21 PM

Really? Hope he enjoyed his 4-1 defeat

MWHIBBIES
09-02-2020, 01:22 PM
The bizarre abuse their group of 16 year old virgin fans were singing to us throughout and then giving me in the Morrisons afterwards.

Are BSC the first fully inbred football club?

hibby rae
09-02-2020, 01:22 PM
Seriously?

Aye, he was marking Doidge at the time, who seemed quite confused by it. The linesman didn't seem bothered at all and he was standing right next to the guy as well.

Tbf everyone in the crowd seemed to find it funny more than anything else.

09-02-2020, 01:24 PM
The bizarre abuse their group of 16 year old virgin fans were singing to us throughout and then giving me in the Morrisons afterwards.

Yeah shouting paedo at Marciano. Cringeworthy stuff to be honest

Since452
09-02-2020, 01:29 PM
What's with the Weegies obsession with burning spoons?

Northernhibee
09-02-2020, 01:32 PM
Their laddish attempt at humour on twitter is cringeworthy as well. ***** team, ***** fans, ***** players.

Since452
09-02-2020, 01:35 PM
Their laddish attempt at humour on twitter is cringeworthy as well. ***** team, ***** fans, ***** players.

Aye. Desperate attempt to come across all edgy and bohemian

Kato
09-02-2020, 01:37 PM
Might be a tad bias of me but after seeing their bench and shots of their support my natural instinct was "huns."

Pretty Boy
09-02-2020, 01:39 PM

Probably due to an ignorance about the scale of the heroin and subsequent HIV problem currently ravaging Glasgow.

It's worse than Edinburgh in the 80s albeit there probably won't be as many deaths due to advances in medicine.

hibbie02
09-02-2020, 01:41 PM
Might be a tad bias of me but after seeing their bench and shots of their support my natural instinct was "huns."

Bluenose Social Club?

Bostonhibby
09-02-2020, 01:44 PM
What's with the Weegies obsession with burning spoons?Eating implements were one of early man's first inventions but your average weegie hasn't mastered what they're about or how to use them, they do understand that other early invention, fire, so they burn everything.

They have similar problems with toothbrushes.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
09-02-2020, 01:45 PM
Yeah shouting paedo at Marciano. Cringeworthy stuff to be honest

Yeah. Songs about Scott Allan's parents as well. Hope they lose every game from now till may. Puddle drinking mutants. Daft diddy team who had their big day and were soundly pumped.

we are hibs
09-02-2020, 01:46 PM

They will be used to the feeling of being pumped out the scottish cup by hibs

Keith_M
09-02-2020, 01:48 PM
Alloa and surrounding areas has a really serious Hun infestation so I'd imagine a lot of the people in the home end were Huns in disguise.

Probably thought giving the Hibs support abuse from the safety of their wee shed made them look tough.

Joe6-2
09-02-2020, 01:48 PM

No, Herts beat them by over 120 years

Golden Bear
09-02-2020, 01:49 PM
It sounds all very similar to the crowd that followed Irvine Meadow to Easter Road a few years ago.

Northernhibee
09-02-2020, 01:50 PM
Hoping the club gets in touch with BSC Glasgow about this. If they do something then fair enough, if not then we should loan two or three promising youngsters out to their main rivals for promotion. Our youngsters get playing time, they languish in the lower leagues and lose out on the revenue of promotion, job done.

Since452
09-02-2020, 01:53 PM
Yeah. Songs about Scott Allan's parents as well. Hope they lose every game from now till may. Puddle drinking mutants. Daft diddy team who had their big day and were soundly pumped.

Couldn't have put it better

Kato
09-02-2020, 01:57 PM
It sounds all very similar to the crowd that followed Irvine Meadow to Easter Road a few years ago.

Wee town mentality. Anyone from places like that who chooses not to adopt the off-the-peg Hun identity has my undying admiration.

Man Down Under
09-02-2020, 01:57 PM
Bluenose Social Club?Burning Spoons Club.

It was a cry for help.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

KingPat4
09-02-2020, 02:02 PM
Alloa and surrounding areas has a really serious Hun infestation so I'd imagine a lot of the people in the home end were Huns in disguise.

Probably thought giving the Hibs support abuse from the safety of their wee shed made them look tough.

Sad, but very true. I went to school in Alloa and reckon 80% of footie fans in Clackmannanshire are Huns

givescotlandfreedom
09-02-2020, 02:03 PM
Chat about paedos and spoon burners. The hilarious weegie patter.

Diclonius
09-02-2020, 02:05 PM
Is there anywhere in Scotland outside Edinburgh and Aberdeen that isn't majority Rangers?

hibbysam

I’d imagine the fact their whole songbook were Celtic songs other than the ‘welcome to the party’ ditty then I’d disagree with that.

BoomtownHibees
Hoping the club gets in touch with BSC Glasgow about this. If they do something then fair enough, if not then we should loan two or three promising youngsters out to their main rivals for promotion. Our youngsters get playing time, they languish in the lower leagues and lose out on the revenue of promotion, job done.

They won’t be getting promoted anyway

hibby rae
09-02-2020, 02:08 PM
I’d imagine the fact their whole songbook were Celtic songs other than the ‘welcome to the party’ ditty then I’d disagree with that.

Got on the Croy train cause the Stirling one had been cancelled. A few BSC on there and they cheered when Celtic scored against Clyde.

KingPat4
09-02-2020, 02:09 PM
Weegies want to be us, they are a jealous lot.

When I'm in Glasgow for any reason, I'm never really happy until the train leaves Queen Street, or I'm on the M8 in a lane with an Edinburgh sign above it.

To call it a sh*t hole is an insult to sh*t holes.

greenlex
09-02-2020, 02:10 PM
Just daft wee laddies. We have them too. I’m sure they are not representative of BSC Glasgow just like ours don’t represent us. I also doubt they are there weekly.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-02-2020, 02:12 PM

Because cutlery is for posh people and having more than a corkscrew is too flash.

bigwheel
09-02-2020, 02:14 PM

When I'm in Glasgow for any reason, I'm never really happy until the train leaves Queen Street, or I'm on the M8 in a lane with an Edinburgh sign above it.

Is that just an attempt at Humour? as Glasgow is a fine city, with many wonderful areas....I love the west end..one of my favourite city spots anywhere......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
09-02-2020, 02:23 PM
Is that just an attempt at Humour? as Glasgow is a fine city, with many wonderful areas....I love the west end..one of my favourite city spots anywhere......

Personally prefer Glasgow city centre to Edinburgh by a country mile.

Sir David Gray
09-02-2020, 02:26 PM
Is there anywhere in Scotland outside Edinburgh and Aberdeen that isn't majority Rangers?

Coatbridge.

Pretty Boy
09-02-2020, 02:29 PM

Dundee probably has more Celtic fans than Rangers fans. Huge Irish immigrant population in days gone by. I reckon Aberdeen is closer to majority Rangers than many would think, huns are certainly a very sizeable minority there.

I think Greenock is a big Celtic area as well.

hibby rae
09-02-2020, 02:29 PM

Launch this Weegie fud 😉😉😂

Northernhibee
09-02-2020, 02:32 PM
Dundee probably has more Celtic fans than Rangers fans. Huge Irish immigrant population in days gone by. I reckon Aberdeen is closer to majority Rangers than many would think, huns are certainly a very sizeable minority there.

I think Greenock is a big Celtic area as well.

Dundee for a while had a Celtic shop in the Seagate, defo not a majority Rangers city.

bigwheel
09-02-2020, 02:36 PM
Launch this Weegie fud [emoji6][emoji6][emoji23]

[emoji1787]

Iain G
09-02-2020, 02:36 PM

I tried this again today but the bloody silver will just not catch fire? Can someone advise what I am doing wrong?

we are hibs
09-02-2020, 02:39 PM
Glasgow is a dump.

Also sitting next to a weegie on a flight is my idea of hell. They think the whole world wants to hear their whiney nasely pish. "Famous glesga patter haw haw". Bolt.

bigwheel
09-02-2020, 02:43 PM
Glasgow is a dump.

Also sitting next to a weegie on a flight is my idea of hell. They think the whole world wants to hear their whiney nasely pish. "Famous glesga patter haw haw". Bolt.

Tbh. Anyone who thinks this doesn’t know the city.....and as you class a whole group of people as “weegies” - sort of underlines the point...[emoji102]

Pretty Boy
09-02-2020, 02:46 PM
I like Glasgow, I like a lot of people from Glasgow. For music and city centre pubs it's streets ahead of Edinburgh.

The professional Weegies are a pain in the erse though. There is nothing worse than seeing a pile of polyester clad Celtic fans pitching up at your hotel on holiday. The type who think dressing up for dinner is putting on their 'away tap'.

bigwheel
09-02-2020, 02:48 PM
I like Glasgow, I like a lot of people from Glasgow. For music and city centre pubs it's streets ahead of Edinburgh.

The professional Weegies are a pain in the erse though. There is nothing worse than seeing a pile of polyester clad Celtic fans pitching up at your hotel on holiday. The type who think dressing up for dinner is putting on their 'away tap'.

I’m blaming you for your hotel choice [emoji2957][emoji6]

Iain G
09-02-2020, 02:48 PM
Tbh. Anyone who thinks this doesn’t know the city.....and as you class a whole group of people as “weegies” - sort of underlines the point...[emoji102]

I have worked there a number of times and outside the west end it's a bloody dump!

Keith_M
09-02-2020, 02:52 PM
I have worked there a number of times and outside the west end it's a bloody dump!

Even the West End isn't any great shakes.

I think the only thing it beats Edinburgh for is the number of pubs and clubs.

bigwheel
09-02-2020, 02:54 PM

Just off the top of my head outside of the west end there is Hillhead, shawlands, bearsden, giffnock, ....there are also great parts of the east end which are now emerging as great areas to live

Col L
09-02-2020, 02:55 PM
No 5 must be a Hun to have come out with that, obviously still seething at 21st May, 2016.
Classless from any player, whether he’s semi-pro or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
09-02-2020, 02:57 PM
Highlight was bumping into BSC fan Sanjeev Kohli back at his bus in Morrison’s car park. Fortunately he didn’t call us spoon burners.

ArmadaleHibs
09-02-2020, 03:03 PM

The ironic thing is when any Glasgow based team call us spoon burners from Edinburgh when in actual fact it is Glasgow that has a much higher and more severe heroin problem. All stems from one movie lol.

Hibby70
09-02-2020, 03:09 PM
The ironic thing is when any Glasgow based team call us spoon burners from Edinburgh when in actual fact it is Glasgow that has a much higher and more severe heroin problem. All stems from one movie lol.

I distinctly remember one inbred hun giving me the slapping forearm junkie motion as I was walking down the steps in the West Stand.

He had quite clearly done more than practice this by the looks of him.

KingPat4
09-02-2020, 03:12 PM

Obviously an age thing for me regarding pubs and clubs, but I don't understand anyone who prefers Glasgow city centre to our own.

The music scene is much bettet than here, because outside the Festival, our counsellors hate live music venues.

Still think it's a sh*ithole.

09-02-2020, 03:25 PM
Leith > Edinburgh > Glasgow.

Case closed

Iggy Pope
09-02-2020, 03:28 PM
Obviously an age thing for me regarding pubs and clubs, but I don't understand anyone who prefers Glasgow city centre to our own.

The music scene is much bettet than here, because outside the Festival, our counsellors hate live music venues.

Still think it's a sh*ithole.

Steady. There’s lots of Hibbies come from Glasgow you know :wink:

The Harp Awakes
09-02-2020, 03:32 PM

South Uist

Keith_M
09-02-2020, 03:37 PM
Just off the top of my head outside of the west end there is Hillhead, shawlands, bearsden, giffnock, ....there are also great parts of the east end which are now emerging as great areas to live

I'd class Hillhead as part of the West End

Shawlands is not bad, some bits not so great but mostly decent.

Bearsden = East Dunbartonshire

Giffnock = East Renfrewshire

greenlex
09-02-2020, 03:39 PM
The laddies bought a house in Milngavie. It looks pretty decent.😀

bigwheel
09-02-2020, 03:39 PM

Giffnock = East Renfrewshire

lol at boundary points....

Keith_M
09-02-2020, 03:41 PM

Also East Dunbartonshire

:greengrin

stuart-farquhar
09-02-2020, 04:01 PM

The views are stunning I suppose.

givescotlandfreedom
09-02-2020, 04:29 PM
Is the West End not weegie Morningside?

bigwheel
09-02-2020, 04:33 PM
Is the West End not weegie Morningside?

It’s much more diverse than that...and a whole lot bigger

Cataplana
09-02-2020, 04:35 PM
Scottish Cup Final 2066. Nobody could really pinpoint where the animosity between Champions League winners BSC Glasgow, and Hibernian as the capital club prepared to continue it's forty year strangle hold on the famous old trophy.

It remains a mystery along with the staircase to nowhere in West Edinburgh, and why Athletico Dunfermline are called *the pars*.

Hibeesmad
09-02-2020, 04:36 PM
Highlight was bumping into BSC fan Sanjeev Kohli back at his bus in Morrison’s car park. Fortunately he didn’t call us spoon burners.

I thought it was him I saw on the tele!

givescotlandfreedom
09-02-2020, 04:37 PM

I've been out Ashton Lane way. Seemed to be be middle class locals and posh students. Didn't seem any more diverse than Bruntsfield or Stockbridge to me. Still quite enjoy having a pint there.

KingPat4
09-02-2020, 04:52 PM

I salute them.

But are they salt n sauce or salt n vinegar?

:tee hee:

stuart-farquhar
09-02-2020, 04:55 PM

Bigger and more diverse. How big? How diverse. Take it you've never explored Leith. It's bigger and more diverse. Also the most densely populated part of Scotland. But we shouldn't let that get in the way of ensuring Glasgow keeps it bigness and betterness (sic)
campaign going by the way etc etc.

KingPat4
09-02-2020, 04:57 PM

St Kilda.

An Aberdeen stronghold.

SteveHFC
09-02-2020, 04:58 PM

Edinburgh has more beautiful scenery and history than Glasgow. Glasgow has a better selection of music venues, pubs and shops.

Eyrie
09-02-2020, 05:06 PM
Scottish Cup Final 2066. Nobody could really pinpoint where the animosity between Champions League winners BSC Glasgow, and Hibernian as the capital club prepared to continue it's forty year strangle hold on the famous old trophy.

It remains a mystery along with the staircase to nowhere in West Edinburgh, and why Athletico Dunfermline are called *the pars*.

Meanwhile The The The The The The The The Rangers had a successful debut season as they finished runners up in the Lowland League.

Keith_M
09-02-2020, 05:11 PM
:hijack:

:greengrin

JohnM1875
09-02-2020, 05:15 PM
I'll never ever understand this spoon burning chat. Especially from weegies. It's not the 80's anymore lads! Might want to check heroin addiction stats these days before spouting that ****.

Carheenlea
09-02-2020, 05:18 PM
Edinburgh has more beautiful scenery and history than Glasgow. But Glasgow has a better selection of music venues, pubs and shops.

Glasgow almost has more music venues on Sauchiehall Street than the whole of Edinburgh.

hibbyfraelibby
09-02-2020, 05:27 PM
The best thing about Glasgow is the fact that there are 11+ trains an hour you can escape from it on... 6 years of missionary work amongst the weagies taught me the best thing to come out of that city was the 17.20 from Queen Street.

Smartie
09-02-2020, 05:29 PM

Plymouth Argyle (Rosyth) Supporters was the message on a flag taken by a group of fans to their games many, many years ago - a flag taken to games by several Navy chaps based at Rosyth whose home team was Plymouth. The nickname "The Pars" came from there and just stuck.

Source - Mr Dunfermline himself, Jim Leishman.

Keith_M
09-02-2020, 05:29 PM
The best thing about Glasgow is the fact that there are 11+ trains an hour you can escape from it on... 6 years of missionary work amongst the weagies taught me the best thing to come out of that city was the 17.20 from Queen Street.

When did you give up the missionary position?

Hibbyradge
09-02-2020, 05:39 PM
Another perfectly good "Highlight of the game" thread ruined by parochial and partisan comments from the usual suspects. :grr:

Peevemor
09-02-2020, 05:50 PM
Plymouth Argyle (Rosyth) Supporters was the message on a flag taken by a group of fans to their games many, many years ago - a flag taken to games by several Navy chaps based at Rosyth whose home team was Plymouth. The nickname "The Pars" came from there and just stuck.

Source - Mr Dunfermline himself, Jim Leishman.I prefer the juvenile salmon (parr) theory.

Hibbyradge
09-02-2020, 05:55 PM
I prefer the juvenile salmon (parr) theory.

I thought it was something to do with their strip having parallel lines.

Peevemor
09-02-2020, 06:01 PM
I thought it was something to do with their strip having parallel lines.I saw that too when I checked on wiki for the salmon story. Although it makes sense, stripes on football strips are nearly always parallel so it seems a strange thing to pick up on.

Stonewall
09-02-2020, 06:02 PM
Broomhill is very middle class.

Brunswickbill
09-02-2020, 06:16 PM

West of Scotland Hibs Supporters Club. Good bunch of very committed Hibbies from Glasgow and surrounding area. Many of them are season ticket holders.

Jamesie
09-02-2020, 06:25 PM

Coatbridge

JohnMcM
09-02-2020, 06:39 PM

Now you have a base from which to start a wee jaunt on the West Highland Way. Get your boots on.

BILLYHIBS
09-02-2020, 06:52 PM

:faf:

Break into their Changing Room and steal their debit and credit cards easy enough to work out what their pin codes are a la T2 :greengrin

Chorley Hibee
09-02-2020, 07:04 PM
West of Scotland Hibs Supporters Club. Good bunch of very committed Hibbies from Glasgow and surrounding area. Many of them are season ticket holders.

Absolutely, good crowd of us at the game today too.

cookin_on_gaz
09-02-2020, 07:05 PM

Giffnock = East RenfrewshireThis

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

NOLA
09-02-2020, 07:29 PM
It was their biggest day out let them enjoy it ffs it’s nothing we haven’t heard before. They’ll never amount to much being a glesga club with Celtic huns and partick in close proximity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigwheel
09-02-2020, 07:47 PM
Bigger and more diverse. How big? How diverse. Take it you've never explored Leith. It's bigger and more diverse. Also the most densely populated part of Scotland. But we shouldn't let that get in the way of ensuring Glasgow keeps it bigness and betterness (sic)
campaign going by the way etc etc.

Lol. You might want to have read what I was comparing there ...

By the way I’m a Leither born and bred..so very aware and love the continual evolution of Leith ...

EI255
09-02-2020, 08:03 PM
The BSC chavs with the megaphone... WTF? There were around 50 "fans"!

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

EI255
09-02-2020, 08:04 PM
For me it has to be their number 5 shouting we were 'spoon burning *******s' during the second half. [emoji23]

You don't get that value at the rugby!Their captain sounded like a spoon burner during pre match interview. Not many brain cells.

whiskyhibby
09-02-2020, 08:05 PM
My best moment was near the end of the game, McGinn taking a throw in and a Hibs fan pipes up “ your better than John” and quick as a flash he replied, try telling that to my bank balance ! , comedy gold ��

EI255
09-02-2020, 08:06 PM
What's with the Weegies obsession with burning spoons?Glasgow has the worst herion epidemic in Europe now.

Learn BSC.

EI255
09-02-2020, 08:07 PM
Hoping the club gets in touch with BSC Glasgow about this. If they do something then fair enough, if not then we should loan two or three promising youngsters out to their main rivals for promotion. Our youngsters get playing time, they languish in the lower leagues and lose out on the revenue of promotion, job done.One things for sure. BBC won't ever bring this up!

stuart-farquhar
09-02-2020, 09:51 PM
Edinburgh has more beautiful scenery and history than Glasgow. Glasgow has a better selection of music venues, pubs and shops.

Pubs!!!! Nah.

Carheenlea
09-02-2020, 09:54 PM
I did enjoy Oneonga’s twist and feint in opposite directions that left the BSC player turned inside out and flat on the turf (plastic).

jgl07
09-02-2020, 10:19 PM

Croy?

Carfin?

09-02-2020, 10:20 PM
My best moment was near the end of the game, McGinn taking a throw in and a Hibs fan pipes up “ your better than John” and quick as a flash he replied, try telling that to my bank balance ! , comedy gold ��

Haha brilliant :thumbsup:

wookie70
09-02-2020, 10:23 PM
Pie on a roll and lovely cup of tea for three and a half quid was the highlight for me closely followed by a boys dagger hat blowing off and ending up pushed 15 foot up the fence. Thankfully the wind eased and he recovered it

CraigHibee
09-02-2020, 10:28 PM
Glasgow has the worst herion epidemic in Europe now.

Learn BSC.

They have a cheek calling anyone spoon burners

Brown Skag Consumers

09-02-2020, 10:39 PM
"Spoon burner" is typical hun patter. Good. Makes todays win even better knowing some of that mob were also on the other side.

GIUY :na na:

The 90+2
09-02-2020, 10:54 PM
Isn’t the spoon burner **** all just in relation to train spotting?

09-02-2020, 11:51 PM
Glasgow has the worst herion epidemic in Europe now.

Learn BSC.

Drugs death capital of Europe.

https://news.sky.com/story/glasgow-no-easy-fix-for-the-victims-of-scotlands-drug-epidemic-11876101

FilipinoHibs
10-02-2020, 02:22 AM
"Spoon burner" is typical hun patter. Good. Makes todays win even better knowing some of that mob were also on the other side.

GIUY :na na:

And the junior huns as well. Actually more spoon burners in the west of the city than Leith.

Vault Boy
10-02-2020, 06:37 AM

That's amazing. If it's not true, I don't even want to know. :greengrin

Greenbeard
10-02-2020, 08:55 AM

Agree, can't get out of the place fast enough but the trouble I have found any time I have been unfortunate enough to have been unavoidably through that way, is getting back onto the M8 going east. Signs for Edinburgh before you are on the M8 are few and far between or seem to lead you one way then disappear at the next junction invariably leading you round in circles or onto the M8 heading west. Weegie ploy methinks.

hibby rae
10-02-2020, 10:47 AM
Even the West End isn't any great shakes.

I think the only thing it beats Edinburgh for is the number of pubs and clubs.

Pretty sure Edinburgh has about double the number of pubs but a smaller population (although that is predicted to change in about 20 years). Probably down to Edinburgh's brewing history, there used to be over 200 here at one point.

Since452
10-02-2020, 11:13 AM
Glasgow beats Edinburgh for venues. The Hydro is superb. Edinburgh really should have a modern purpose built music/entertainment venue. For everything else Edinburgh wins hands down

BILLYHIBS
10-02-2020, 11:31 AM
My highlight was seeing Billy HIBS junior celebrating the second goal on BBC Scotland
😁👍🏾⚽️🏆🇳🇬

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 11:39 AM
Glasgow beats Edinburgh for venues. The Hydro is superb. Edinburgh really should have a modern purpose built music/entertainment venue. For everything else Edinburgh wins hands down

Glasgow has a better city centre for a night out imo, and the Merchant City is excellent.

Peevemor
10-02-2020, 11:57 AM
Glasgow has a better city centre for a night out imo, and the Merchant City is excellent.

I've had plenty good nights-out in Glasgow, but one downside (and I don't know if it's still the case) was all the pubs closing at the same time. It was always total chaos on the streets just after midnight.

I always preferred Edinburgh's staggered closing times for this reason.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 12:06 PM
I've had plenty good nights-out in Glasgow, but one downside (and I don't know if it's still the case) was all the pubs closing at the same time. It was always total chaos on the streets just after midnight.

I always preferred Edinburgh's staggered closing times for this reason.

I've not experienced that because I would have been away for the last bus.

I'm rarely out until midnight these days if truth be told.

EI255
10-02-2020, 12:12 PM

Pity Broomhill is a drug ridden cesspit [emoji6]

BILLYHIBS
10-02-2020, 12:24 PM
I worked in Glasgow for a year

I thought it was a brilliant place

Bohemian and cosmopolitan

Boozers were friendly everyone was interested in you and wanted to get to know you

Not like Edinburgh where everyone keeps their head down and stares at their pint and bar staff have a “ what are you doing in ma shop?” mentality

I even came back with a weedgie accent by the way

If push comes to shove salt n sauce every time

Kato
10-02-2020, 01:22 PM
Boozers were friendly everyone was interested in you and wanted to get to know you

Not like Edinburgh where everyone keeps their head down and stares at their pint and bar staff have a “ what are you doing in ma shop?” mentality

That's the 1980's Daily Record/Sunday Mail editorial team on the phone, Billy. They're wondering if your finished with their cliches yet.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
10-02-2020, 01:44 PM
That's the 1980's Daily Record/Sunday Mail editorial team on the phone, Billy. They're wondering if your finished with their cliches yet.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Funnily enough it was the 1980s but very little has changed imho

Still enjoy going through there for visits to Hampden away days and concerts always a friendly welcome but as others have said even better heading back along the M8

Tip: Always stick to middle lane until you get to Stepps

The town centre one way system is a nightmare

You’ll have had your tea?

Smartie
10-02-2020, 02:00 PM
I love a 3pm Saturday kick off in Glasgow.

Not much of a fan of Celtic or Rangers, but a Hibs trip to Hampden or a big Scotland game are hard to beat.

A couple before the game but I really love early evening drinking in Glasgow. It seems like everyone in the city is going out and the atmosphere is great.

There are many good reasons I don’t live there though, Edinburgh every day of the week.

Iggy Pope
11-02-2020, 12:02 AM

Having had my head booted onto Trongate one night by repeat offenders, I beg to differ. Edinburgh is a far better night out. You’ve lost you’re mind.

FilipinoHibs
11-02-2020, 12:31 AM
There is a swagger and arrogance about Glasgow. After London it is Britain's fashion capital. A friend of mine, a tennis coach, shops for his clothes in Edinburgh because he is generally ignored in Glasgow clothes shops because he is not fashionable. They like to show wealth and are quite flassy in dress which you notice when you go out. They are fairly delusional about their football teams. Poor travellers and hate to be outside Glasgow unless in a big group.

But I do like the west end and Byers Road. First place I tasted Turkish cuisine in the mid 1970s and some cracking pubs. They to have had better music scene apart from the punk era where Edinburgh took the lead. Good for a visit especially when Hibs are at Hampden.

Iggy Pope
11-02-2020, 12:44 AM
There is a swagger and arrogance about Glasgow. After London it is Britain's fashion capital. A friend of mine, a tennis coach, shops for his clothes in Edinburgh because he is generally ignored in Glasgow clothes shops because he is not fashionable. They like to show wealth and are quite flassy in dress which you notice when you go out. They are fairly delusional about their football teams. Poor travellers and hate to be outside Glasgow unless in a big group.

But I do like the west end and Byers Road. First place I tasted Turkish cuisine in the mid 1970s and some cracking pubs. They to have had better music scene apart from the punk era where Edinburgh took the lead. Good for a visit especially when Hibs are at Hampden.

Bollox it is. Manchester is fashionably superior to either but maybe not in flassy sense.
Also have to say, Edinburgh punk bands were obscure bar The Scars. Post punk we came into our own.

FilipinoHibs
11-02-2020, 04:07 AM
Bollox it is. Manchester is fashionably superior to either but maybe not in flassy sense.
Also have to say, Edinburgh punk bands were obscure bar The Scars. Post punk we came into our own.

Rubbish been to Madchester a lot and not a match for Glasgow or London fashion wise. On the punk side Edinburgh was more a venue for the early punk movement than Glasgow. Prior to that the big bands often played Glasgow and not Edinburgh. We had much more stylish punk fans as well.

BILLYHIBS
11-02-2020, 05:21 AM
Rubbish been to Madchester a lot and not a match for Glasgow or London fashion wise. On the punk side Edinburgh was more a venue for the early punk movement than Glasgow. Prior to that the big bands often played Glasgow and not Edinburgh. We had much more stylish punk fans as well.

:agree:

Aye The Rezillos

Naw they were Faye Fife :greengrin

I cant stand my baby

I think I’m going radge!

Brilliant!

FilipinoHibs
11-02-2020, 05:25 AM
:agree:

Aye The Rezillos

Naw they were Faye Fife :greengrin

I cant stand my baby

I think I’m going radge!

Brilliant!

SKIDS from Dunfermline.

Iggy Pope
11-02-2020, 06:53 AM
Dunfermline isn’t Edinburgh and Faye herself says TheRezillos we’re never a punk outfit.
Manchester over Glasgow in every respect of your benchmarks from punks to clobber. To suggest otherwise indicates a basic lack of style.

BILLYHIBS
11-02-2020, 06:59 AM
Dunfermline isn’t Edinburgh and Faye herself says TheRezillos we’re never a punk outfit.
Manchester over Glasgow in every respect of your benchmarks from punks to clobber. To suggest otherwise indicates a basic lack of style.
Yip! Saw that interview with Faye Fife

Faye Fife and Eugene Reynolds once turned up unannounced at a party I was having in my flat in Brunswick Street

I’m in with the incrowd! :greengrin

KingPat4
11-02-2020, 08:49 AM

The Exploited were obscure?

kaimendhibs
11-02-2020, 09:58 AM
Also have to say, Edinburgh punk bands were obscure bar The Scars. Post punk we came into our own.Exploited. The valves.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
11-02-2020, 10:00 AM
Remember the Rezillos playing Craigmillar Festival at the Jack Kane. Some of the crowd jumped on stage and attacked them and destroyed the gear.
Was shocking to see

Hibbyradge
11-02-2020, 11:44 AM
Having had my head booted onto Trongate one night by repeat offenders, I beg to differ. Edinburgh is a far better night out. You’ve lost you’re mind.

Edinburgh city centre's never exactly been a peaceful haven of calm and serenity either.

Lothian Road used to be infamous for trouble.

But, I suppose personal experience weighs heavily.

Mind you, I once got a knife pulled on me by a Hibs fan amongst throngs of Hibs fans walking along Duke Street after a Hearts game. The boy wanted money. I told him that I only had 10p but I needed money for my bus fare. He gave me 5p change. :hilarious

Now, depending on your point of view, that proves Edinburgh is good or bad or somewhere in between. I can't remember exactly the exact sums of money involved but it's true.

Jones28
11-02-2020, 11:50 AM
Edinburgh city centre's never exactly been a peaceful haven of calm and serenity either.

Lothian Road used to be infamous for trouble.

But, I suppose personal experience weighs heavily.

Mind you, I once got a knife pulled on me by a Hibs fan amongst throngs of Hibs fans walking along Duke Street after a Hearts game. The boy wanted money. I told him that I only had 10p but I needed money for my bus fare. He gave me 5p change. :hilarious

Now, depending on your point of view, that proves Edinburgh is good or bad or somewhere in between. I can't remember exactly the exact sums of money involved but it's true.

That’s an incredibly civil-sounding mugging, Edinburgh in a nut shell.

matty_f
11-02-2020, 11:51 AM

Manchester is well ahead of Glasgow, IMHO.

Better night out as well.

ian cruise
11-02-2020, 11:56 AM
As someone who lives in Glasgow some of the comments on here are pretty laughable, some for the wrong reasons.

Glasgow and Edinburgh are much the same, some good bits and some bad bits. There are nice pubs and areas you don't want to go to in both and both have great architecture and cultural activities as well as both having their fair share of headbangers. Fighting over which is better is like two bald guys fighting over a comb.

Smartie
11-02-2020, 12:03 PM
As someone who lives in Glasgow some of the comments on here are pretty laughable, some for the wrong reasons.

Glasgow and Edinburgh are much the same, some good bits and some bad bits. There are nice pubs and areas you don't want to go to in both and both have great architecture and cultural activities as well as both having their fair share of headbangers. Fighting over which is better is like two bald guys fighting over a comb.

Rather than 2 bald guys fighting over a comb, I think they’re both great cities and it is brilliant that a small country like Scotland can have 2 proper cities that are totally different so close to each other.

The “which is better” chat is tedious - and generally you don’t hear one of the more appealing Glaswegian personality traits when they’re forcing an opinion on you (I’m sure the opposite is true, this is simply a fight I never pick).

ian cruise
11-02-2020, 12:06 PM
Rather than 2 bald guys fighting over a comb, I think they’re both great cities and it is brilliant that a small country like Scotland can have 2 proper cities that are totally different so close to each other.

The “which is better” chat is tedious - and generally you don’t hear one of the more appealing Glaswegian personality traits when they’re forcing an opinion on you (I’m sure the opposite is true, this is simply a fight I never pick).

Yeah, it was a poor analogy to use as I love both cities.

FilipinoHibs
11-02-2020, 12:09 PM

Manchester in the new wave yes but style that is in the eye if the beholder. Manchester had it in the new wave but Edinburgh in the punk era. Glasgow defo has it now. Have you been to madchester recenty?

Carheenlea
11-02-2020, 02:42 PM
I thought it was him I saw on the tele!

Expected a West End luvvie to be viewing from the comfort of the grandstand, so good to see him enjoying himself on the terraces :hilarious

https://twitter.com/kirkgunn3/status/1227189299147366400?s=12

Iggy Pope
11-02-2020, 03:14 PM
Manchester in the new wave yes but style that is in the eye if the beholder. Manchester had it in the new wave but Edinburgh in the punk era. Glasgow defo has it now. Have you been to madchester recenty?

Yes, many times. Love the place. Manchester gave punk rock to the North as any punk knows. Repeatedly calling it madchester dilutes your already losing argument.
New wave. What you on about?

matty_f
11-02-2020, 03:15 PM
Yes, many times. Love the place. Manchester gave punk rock to the North as any punk knows. Repeatedly calling it madchester dilutes your already losing argument.
New wave. What you on about?

Not only that, but Madchester was a scene that Glasgow could only dream about.

Iggy Pope
11-02-2020, 03:17 PM
The Exploited were obscure?

No. The Exploited were great second wave punk that went metal. **** the USA? Aye right Wattie ya loveable blowhard.
Yer Filipino gadge is talking punk I think. More first gen.

Iggy Pope
11-02-2020, 03:18 PM
Exploited. The valves.

The Valves. Cannot disagree.

Kato
11-02-2020, 03:58 PM
The chat about Glasgow and "fashion" has reminded me that it wasn't always thus. Around 1985-86 season we went through to Ibrox for a game and afterwards were being our usual circumspect/cheeky selves, making our way back to the bus. Before we could get there a group of around 20 or so Stickys showed up shouting at us from across the road. Nothing untoward happened just the usual bigot-banter from them but what stood out was the clothes they were wearing - like something out of a Slade Cosplay Convention, starry jumpers, oxford-bag type trousers, semi-platform shoes.

Let me remind you this was nineteen eighty six (1986). Truly bizarre.

When we got home we were conflicted as to whether to go to the kangaroo Club and hear the latest electro sounds or the Hooch for Yogi Houghton playing House Music (even if we didn't know that was what it was called at the time). The M8 seemed like some magical time machine.

Hibbyradge
11-02-2020, 04:02 PM
The chat about Glasgow and "fashion" has reminded me that it wasn't always thus. Around 1985-86 season we went through to Ibrox for a game and afterwards were being our usual circumspect/cheeky selves, making our way back to the bus. Before we could get there a group of around 20 or so Stickys showed up shouting at us from across the road. Nothing untoward happened just the usual bigot-banter from them but what stood out was the clothes they were wearing - like something out of a Slade Cosplay Convention, starry jumpers, oxford-bag type trousers, semi-platform shoes.

Let me remind you this was nineteen eighty six (1986). Truly bizarre.

When we got home we were conflicted as to whether to go to the kangaroo Club and hear the latest electro sounds or the Hooch for Yogi Houghton playing House Music (even if we didn't know that was what it was called at the time). The M8 seemed like some magical time machine.

1986 you say?

https://images.app.goo.gl/LcToAPBgrzju118z8

Kato
11-02-2020, 04:03 PM
1986 you say?

https://images.app.goo.gl/LcToAPBgrzju118z8

Interesting snaps. What's the story behind them?

Hibbyradge
11-02-2020, 04:10 PM
Interesting snaps. What's the story behind them?

It was a long time ago so the details are a bit hazy, but I think it involves a toilet, a bottle crashing, a dashing moustachioed hero and much hilarity.

Kato
11-02-2020, 04:14 PM
It was a long time ago so the details are a bit hazy, but I think it involves a toilet, a bottle crashing, a dashing moustachioed hero and much hilarity.

Gen albert, yer kidding.

KingPat4
11-02-2020, 05:16 PM
No. The Exploited were great second wave punk that went metal. **** the USA? Aye right Wattie ya loveable blowhard.
Yer Filipino gadge is talking punk I think. More first gen.

Big John Duncan's after you.

:na na:

kaimendhibs
11-02-2020, 07:31 PM
Big John Duncan's after you.

:na na:Exploited are still going. More like Hardcore now

Galahibby
11-02-2020, 10:59 PM
When I lived down in Selkirk I used to go along and watch them (before they went the way of the famous Glasgow Rangers). BSC played down there in their first season and their fans were the biggest ****bags going. Hated the wee wannabe huns ever since. Having said all that, their chairman seems like a pretty decent guy.

Galahibby
11-02-2020, 11:06 PM

Haha, brilliant :LOL:

monktonharp
11-02-2020, 11:58 PM
Is the West End not weegie Morningside?certainly aint Morningside. nice place though G12, was there with a job yesterday. bit of a studenty place, but I like Byres Road and surrounds. nice enough place, loadsae pubs and restaurants etc.subway stayion, botanic gardens etc. lots going for it and the river Kelvin.