PDA

View Full Version : Game in doubt?

Pages : [1] 2

AugustaHibs
07-02-2020, 10:15 AM
What are the chances the game on Sunday is Called off? High winds and torrential rain incoming

Since452
07-02-2020, 10:28 AM
I'd be surprised if it was on tbh

LaMotta
07-02-2020, 10:33 AM
I'll be absolutely amazed if its called off.

Golden Bear
07-02-2020, 10:36 AM
Unless the old Health & Safety concerns come into play then the game will be on.

Diclonius
07-02-2020, 10:42 AM
I'd be surprised if it was on tbh

I'll be absolutely amazed if its called off.

Who will win?

Wilson
07-02-2020, 10:43 AM
Who will win?

Hibs.

hughio
07-02-2020, 10:43 AM
Is there any shelter in our section or is it open terracing...anyone know?

Taking my boy who might see nowt and get soaked.

LaMotta
07-02-2020, 10:44 AM
Who will win?

I think since452 will end up in a state of surprise on Sunday:greengrin

Spike Mandela
07-02-2020, 10:48 AM
Can't post a photo from my phone but the sun is splitting the trees like a summers day in Alloa at the moment. Literally not even a breeze.😎

Oscar T Grouch
07-02-2020, 10:49 AM
The Indodrill has a problem with drainage does it not? If there is torrential rain there could be an issue. I hope they get the pitch inspection done early doors.

Kinda happy i never changed my ticket to the uncovered terracing now :)

Alan62
07-02-2020, 10:50 AM

Make sure yer laddie wears platform shoes, a warm, waterproof coat and a sou'wester.

heretoday
07-02-2020, 10:51 AM
Who will win?

I'll be thunderstruck either way.

Hibeewilly
07-02-2020, 10:52 AM
What are the chances the game on Sunday is Called off? High winds and torrential rain incoming
The wind is forecast at 50mph gusts so even if its on It'll be a game spoiler

The_Exile
07-02-2020, 10:52 AM
Looks like the wind is now certain to be absolutely horrendous on Sunday. I'd imagine a risk from flying debris (roof tiles etc) could see it postponed.

StevesFamau5
07-02-2020, 10:55 AM
Saying gusts of 65 possibly up to 80. I have my reservations it may be called off. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200207/358ed4b7a1ad21678258d93f6ba9e1f8.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Cataplana
07-02-2020, 10:56 AM
The Indodrill has a problem with drainage does it not? If there is torrential rain there could be an issue. I hope they get the pitch inspection done early doors.

Kinda happy i never changed my ticket to the uncovered terracing now :)

Do they do pitch inspections on artificial turf?

Pretty Boy
07-02-2020, 11:04 AM
Hopefully they make a decision as early as possible before people have started travelling.

If there is a doubt any qualified referee can deem the conditions unplayable. So in theory they could have a local ref there first thing rather than waiting on the match officials to arrive.

Oscar T Grouch
07-02-2020, 11:07 AM

Yes, which artificial turf isn't prone to what grass is and most pitches have decent drainage there is know issues with this pitch and there will be an inspection if there is heavy rain. Alloa have had games cancelled this year already because of water logged pitch, I doubt they have fixed the drainage problems that caused that. Given the game is on TV I would imagine it will go ahead unless the corner flags are under water.

Since452
07-02-2020, 11:08 AM
I think since452 will end up in a state of surprise on Sunday:greengrin

I hope so haha

Viva_Palmeiras
07-02-2020, 11:09 AM

Is it not more the endangerment to life they will take into account with these colour coded weather warnings?
Only ever not made it into work once in Edinburgh due to weather (buses cancelled in 2010). And left work early 2015/16? Again due to public transport cancellations the weather was foul (snow).

Real Emerald
07-02-2020, 11:09 AM

There may be shelter just now but with 80mph winds forecast there’s no guarantee it'll still be there come Sunday afternoon.

Carheenlea
07-02-2020, 11:19 AM
The gazebo could face a stern test of its sturdiness in the winds forecast, but the rest of the ground provides no shelter from wind. If game goes ahead it’s not going to pretty in gales, heavy rain and an artificial pitch. A classic Scottish Cup tie - can’t wait :greengrin

number9dream
07-02-2020, 11:51 AM
Could be a test for the temporary scaffolding they use for TV guys.

Don’t think they will be using a piper on the Murrayfield roof on Saturday...

tamig
07-02-2020, 12:02 PM
Looks like the wind is now certain to be absolutely horrendous on Sunday. I'd imagine a risk from flying debris (roof tiles etc) could see it postponed.

Indeed. Not uncommon to be dodging the old flying roof tiles when a stiff breeze gets up in Central Scotland.

Waxy
07-02-2020, 12:03 PM
Cant play football its too windy and showery lol.

Seveno
07-02-2020, 12:07 PM
There is likely to be official advice not to travel unless it is an emergency. That would be a significant factor is deciding to postpone the match.

green day
07-02-2020, 12:19 PM
There is likely to be official advice not to travel unless it is an emergency. That would be a significant factor is deciding to postpone the match.

Its only a yellow warning

Hermit Crab
07-02-2020, 12:28 PM
Game should be on, A bit of wind and rain, the magic of the cup. BSC will absolutely want that game played as a midweek match means their players will beed time off work etc. Not to mention the BBC might not be able to show a rescheduled match.

Billy Whizz
07-02-2020, 12:29 PM
https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcvr1xrb6#2020-02-09

Met office report for Sunday

Since452
07-02-2020, 12:30 PM
Bit of a nightmare if it is postponed. Especially for BSC as these lads will have regular jobs. Imagine having to put a holiday form in because you're playing Hibs on a Tuesday night

Hermit Crab
07-02-2020, 12:31 PM
Its only a yellow warning

:agree:, lowest warning there is

Yellow Warning: Yellow warnings can be issued for a range of weather situations. Many are issued when it is likely that the weather will cause some low level impacts, including some disruption to travel in a few places. Many people may be able to continue with their daily routine, but there will be some that will be directly impacted and so it is important to assess if you could be affected. Other yellow warnings are issued when the weather could bring much more severe impacts to the majority of people but the certainty of those impacts occurring is much lower. It is important to read the content of yellow warnings to determine which weather situation is being covered by the yellow warning.

Hermit Crab
07-02-2020, 12:33 PM

Met office report for Sunday

Thats improved from a few days ago, seems like its only gong to be windy with a 50% chance of rain.

DaveF
07-02-2020, 01:10 PM
Seems like they think the bulk of the rain will have moved through, though still a very good chance of a soaking. It'll be breezy though!

Hermit Crab
07-02-2020, 01:16 PM
Seems like they think the bulk of the rain will have moved through, though still a very good chance of a soaking. It'll be breezy though!

Definitely not a day for route 1 football.

Keith_M
07-02-2020, 01:16 PM
They should move the game to Murrayfield, that's nicely enclosed so less wind.

It'll cope better with the massive crowd as well.

Hermit Crab
07-02-2020, 01:17 PM

Pitch will be wrecked from the rugger tomorrow. :greengrin

Since452
07-02-2020, 01:18 PM

We don't have a special relationship with the SRU

Keith_M
07-02-2020, 01:19 PM

Still be in better condition than Tynecastle, though

:wink:

Golden Bear
07-02-2020, 02:05 PM

Hybrid pitch --------------much, much better than the one at piggery park.

:agree:

green day
07-02-2020, 02:22 PM
Still be in better condition than Tynecastle, though

:wink:

Talking of crap pitches, wtf has happened to Ibrox?

Looked awful in the middle the other night.

Hermit Crab
07-02-2020, 02:23 PM
Talking of crap pitches, wtf has happened to Ibrox?

Looked awful in the middle the other night.

I commented on that during the warm up, the sides and goal mouths are nearly bare.

staunchhibby
07-02-2020, 02:28 PM
Any word re parking on Sunday.Do remember one time we were allowed to park in Morrisons

weecounty hibby
07-02-2020, 02:43 PM
There was a game called off at The Recs, refuse to call it Indodrill as it's been the Recs for my 51 years on the planet, just a few weeks ago due to flooding. CBA looking it up but it may have been v Arbroath. Anyway as Spike says, Alloa is looking at its very best today as the sun shines down on us wee county folks. Sunday may be just a bit inclement though!!

Allant1981
07-02-2020, 03:40 PM
Any word re parking on Sunday.Do remember one time we were allowed to park in Morrisons

Plenty of parking nearby, there are houses just opposite, or the council car parks in the town centre, or yes morrisons/b&m car park. KFC are trying to stop folk parking in their car park now so probably best to try avoid there

Alfred E Newman
07-02-2020, 03:50 PM
It will be called off on Sunday at 11-30am.! 😡

Renfrew_Hibby
07-02-2020, 03:51 PM
Treatment room might resemble an emergency ward come Monday morning.

Ardenttwo
07-02-2020, 03:59 PM
:agree:, lowest warning there is

Yellow Warning: Yellow warnings can be issued for a range of weather situations. Many are issued when it is likely that the weather will cause some low level impacts, including some disruption to travel in a few places. Many people may be able to continue with their daily routine, but there will be some that will be directly impacted and so it is important to assess if you could be affected. Other yellow warnings are issued when the weather could bring much more severe impacts to the majority of people but the certainty of those impacts occurring is much lower. It is important to read the content of yellow warnings to determine which weather situation is being covered by the yellow warning.

Alloa weather for 12:00 hrs on Sunday. Wind SW 26 mph with gusts of 42 mph

weecounty hibby
07-02-2020, 04:03 PM
Plenty of parking nearby, there are houses just opposite, or the council car parks in the town centre, or yes morrisons/b&m car park. KFC are trying to stop folk parking in their car park now so probably best to try avoid there
The nearby streets all have signs up about no football parking allowed. Not sure how they enforce that but signs definitely up. There should be plenty of parking within a ten minute walk. Morrisons across from the Recs is closest, car park in the town centre opposite the train station 10 minute walk, car park at the back of the town hall is max 15 minutes walk away. These should be fairly quiet on a Sunday morning.

HendoDelivered
07-02-2020, 04:04 PM
If only they had a roof eh :greengrin

Billy Whizz
07-02-2020, 04:06 PM
The nearby streets all have signs up about no football parking allowed. Not sure how they enforce that but signs definitely up. There should be plenty of parking within a ten minute walk. Morrisons across from the Recs is closest, car park in the town centre opposite the train station 10 minute walk, car park at the back of the town hall is max 15 minutes walk away. These should be fairly quiet on a Sunday morning.
Is the old wasteland behind the gazebo still in use as a car park

weecounty hibby
07-02-2020, 04:11 PM
Is the old wasteland behind the gazebo still in use as a car park

No, that is now a big Lidl. Just done my shopping there actually!
Edit. Should have said they have a great bakery in there!!

Billy Whizz
07-02-2020, 04:12 PM
No, that is now a big Lidl. Just done my shopping there actually!

Ok ta
Been a few years since I was at a game in Alloa

Smartie
07-02-2020, 04:14 PM
There was a game called off at The Recs, refuse to call it Indodrill as it's been the Recs for my 51 years on the planet, just a few weeks ago due to flooding. CBA looking it up but it may have been v Arbroath. Anyway as Spike says, Alloa is looking at its very best today as the sun shines down on us wee county folks. Sunday may be just a bit inclement though!!

What is the “wee county”?

Is it Clackmannanshire?

Waxy
07-02-2020, 04:35 PM
You can park your car but dont park your football.

Allant1981
07-02-2020, 04:39 PM

Friends of mine stay in Hillcrest drive and they always have folk park outside the house so dont think it is

weecounty hibby
07-02-2020, 04:45 PM
You can park your car but dont park your football.
Some of shooting could easily see footballs parked in that street

weecounty hibby
07-02-2020, 04:46 PM
Friends of mine stay in Hillcrest drive and they always have folk park outside the house so dont think it is
Yeah, don't doubt it but signs are definitely in place, maybe not as far back as Hillcrest Dr though

weecounty hibby
07-02-2020, 04:47 PM
What is the “wee county”?

Is it Clackmannanshire?

Yip, smallest county in Scotland and now in the whole of the UK now that Rutland has been swallowed up by something else

CloudSquall
07-02-2020, 04:50 PM
Weather: Drizzle and a slight wind

Hibs.net: "Game off?"

Allant1981
07-02-2020, 04:51 PM
Yip, smallest county in Scotland and now in the whole of the UK now that Rutland has been swallowed up by something else

Stayed in alva for years before I crossed the water to sunny grangemouth!! I had never heard of the place before I moved there, had to find it on the map, lovely area to live. Laddie still stays in tilly with his mum so through all the time

EI255
07-02-2020, 04:53 PM
I certainly wouldn't trust the Apple weather forecast. Its always badly wrong.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

brianmc
07-02-2020, 05:01 PM

Not sure where you're getting that forecast from.
According to the BBC website (the most accurate one in my experience) the game will take place in conditions of 40 to 50mph winds, with accompanying showers - following a constant deluge of heavy rain for the preceding 24 hours.

Remember, if the ball won't stay in place for corners, free kicks or goal kicks to be taken then it's game off.

weecounty hibby
07-02-2020, 05:12 PM
Stayed in alva for years before I crossed the water to sunny grangemouth!! I had never heard of the place before I moved there, had to find it on the map, lovely area to live. Laddie still stays in tilly with his mum so through all the time
Aye it really is a great place to live. Sadly it has suffered like all small industrial towns. It used to have a great nightlife with many great pubs and clubs but sadly we are now down to about half a dozen places. We have cornered the market in supermarkets though. Swapped industry for supermarkets and commuters. Been a Hibs SC from here since the sixties and still run a bus to eavry home game. Only downside is the place is infested with Guns and celtic. Still a fair amount of Hibbies for a place forty odd miles outside of Edinburgh

Jonnyboy
07-02-2020, 05:17 PM

Oh the irony re your username 😁

JXM73
07-02-2020, 05:20 PM
Aye it really is a great place to live. Sadly it has suffered like all small industrial towns. It used to have a great nightlife with many great pubs and clubs but sadly we are now down to about half a dozen places. We have cornered the market in supermarkets though. Swapped industry for supermarkets and commuters. Been a Hibs SC from here since the sixties and still run a bus to eavry home game. Only downside is the place is infested with Guns and celtic. Still a fair amount of Hibbies for a place forty odd miles outside of Edinburgh

Perfect for both our commutes, quiet end of dodge and best no to speak to the natives...been here 11 years now...

Done both closest grounds this season, albion being a tad closer...

Carheenlea
07-02-2020, 06:04 PM

Last couple of visits there I’m sure we were specifically requested to park in the Morrison’s car park - hopefully same again as it was pretty handy and a short walk from ground.

tamig
07-02-2020, 06:07 PM
I certainly wouldn't trust the Apple weather forecast. Its always badly wrong.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Daily Express is always on the ball with weather. Always a winner 👍

Waxy
07-02-2020, 06:08 PM

Did Hibs.net not have a game cancelled a couple of weeks ago because of a dusting of snow in livingston the day before?

Onion
07-02-2020, 06:23 PM
Not sure where you're getting that forecast from.
According to the BBC website (the most accurate one in my experience) the game will take place in conditions of 40 to 50mph winds, with accompanying showers - following a constant deluge of heavy rain for the preceding 24 hours.

Remember, if the ball won't stay in place for corners, free kicks or goal kicks to be taken then it's game off.

Montrose away 75/76 ... shudder :rolleyes:

mjhibby
07-02-2020, 06:32 PM
Metcheck forecast saying heavy rain for twelve hours before the game but sunshine and showers for kick off. Just the 33 mph winds according to them. It's going to be tough for both sides.

Jack Hackett
07-02-2020, 06:38 PM
Daily Express is always on the ball with weather. Always a winner ��

:greengrin

... So it's Arctic blizzards and people crawling to overwhelmed A&E's on all fours then?

Edit:

Sorry. That should read...

ARCTIC BLIZZARDS!!!

Brooster
07-02-2020, 06:39 PM

Correct. We get the same snowflake patter at least 6 times a season these days.

Hermit Crab
07-02-2020, 08:40 PM
Ok ta
Been a few years since I was at a game in Alloa

Alloa station has 64 spaces. Free. :wink:

https://www.scotrail.co.uk/plan-your-journey/stations-and-facilities/alo

weecounty hibby
07-02-2020, 08:52 PM
Alloa station has 64 spaces. Free. :wink:

https://www.scotrail.co.uk/plan-your-journey/stations-and-facilities/alo
Good luck with that, a very busy wee station and never many spaces left. May be lucky in a Sunday Morning though. Car park opposite has probably a couple of hundred spaces

davhibby
07-02-2020, 09:11 PM
BSC website says Morrisons for parking. Used it when we played Alloa over recent years and it’s only a couple of minutes walk to the turnstiles and plenty of spaces

jacomo
07-02-2020, 09:25 PM

... So it's Arctic blizzards and people crawling to overwhelmed A&E's on all fours then?

Edit:

ARCTIC BLIZZARDS!!!

No doubt they’ll name and shame a Remoaner who happens to be away on holiday, sipping wine in the sunshine while Great Britain experiences ARTIC HELL.

wookie70
07-02-2020, 09:33 PM

Edit:

ARCTIC BLIZZARDS!!!

You missed the scary red and purple map

Hermit Crab
07-02-2020, 09:35 PM
Thats the rain started in Edinburgh and surrounding areas.

Jim44
07-02-2020, 09:57 PM
Under normal circumstances we would undoubtedly progress to the next round with ease. Severe weather conditions take the formality out of the issue and I would rather not run the risk of a major upset. I won’t shed a tear if the game’s called off. :worried:

Since452
07-02-2020, 10:07 PM
Under normal circumstances we would undoubtedly progress to the next round with ease. Severe weather conditions take the formality out of the issue and I would rather not run the risk of a major upset. I won’t shed a tear if the game’s called off. :worried:

BSC will be hoping it's on with 60mph winds and rain.

green with envy
07-02-2020, 10:11 PM
I have no doubt that the game will go ahead on Sunday 12.00.

Allant1981
07-02-2020, 10:21 PM

you are genuinely worried about a lowland league team beating us because of a bit wind and rain?

green with envy
07-02-2020, 10:46 PM

Why?

Vault Boy
07-02-2020, 10:52 PM
Why?

I think the general point is fair - which is that the more of a slog and less of a football game the match becomes, the more the odds become less heavily weighted in our favour.

However, I'd argue that in any conditions we would remain very strong favourites and that BSC would probably prefer to play in decent conditions too, for the sake of the tie as a whole.

I just hope the game is on tbh.

green with envy
07-02-2020, 10:56 PM
I think the general point is fair - which is that the more of a slog and less of a football game the match becomes, the more the odds become less heavily weighted in our favour.

However, I'd argue that in any conditions we would remain very strong favourites and that BSC would probably prefer to play in decent conditions too, for the sake of the tie as a whole.

I just hope the game is on tbh.

Seriously, I really believe the general point is a myth. However we will see come Sunday.

Green Badger
07-02-2020, 11:46 PM

if those are the conditions, it won’t kick off

Waxy
08-02-2020, 05:59 AM

Far more likely we will cope with adverse weather better than a collection of ordinary guys who have a kick about twice a week.

JimBHibees
08-02-2020, 07:35 AM

Agree anything that makes it a lottery is certainly not to Hibs benefit. Maybe better if game cancelled and play it in normal weather. Strong winds usually kills a game especially in grounds as exposed as Alloa.

JimBHibees
08-02-2020, 07:40 AM
you are genuinely worried about a lowland league team beating us because of a bit wind and rain?

Yes they aren't as bad as some are making out had a really good away win in the cup at East fife who were near top of league 1 at the time. That added to strong winds and artificial pitch imo puts the gap closer. Anything which reduces it being a proper game with the ball out the pitch most of the game and it being a battle increases the chance of a shock result.

Allant1981
08-02-2020, 07:47 AM
Yes they aren't as bad as some are making out had a really good away win in the cup at East fife who were near top of league 1 at the time. That added to strong winds and artificial pitch imo puts the gap closer. Anything which reduces it being a proper game with the ball out the pitch most of the game and it being a battle increases the chance of a shock result.

Sorry just cant agree, one win does not make them a decent team, they arent even top of the lowland league, the gap may be closer yes but should still be at least 4 or 5 goals in it

Heisenberg
08-02-2020, 07:52 AM

While the weather can make a difference we are talking about a team who aren’t even top of the Lowland League. If we can’t win a battle against that then it’ll be the worst result in the clubs history.

JimBHibees
08-02-2020, 08:00 AM
While the weather can make a difference we are talking about a team who aren’t even top of the Lowland League. If we can’t win a battle against that then it’ll be the worst result in the clubs history.

Anything that increases the chances of that happening should be avoided if possible imo.

Springbank
08-02-2020, 08:01 AM

It's a game I would not risk wholesale changes with, and a strong controlled engine room of docherty, omeonga & allan plus Boyle doidge & McNulty would be my starting front 6.

I'd think of bringing on Murray, gullan, horgan but important to get in front from the off

Col2
08-02-2020, 08:15 AM
The game is likely to be off given the current forecast for 12pm-2pm Sunday.

Gusts of 60mph.

Waxy
08-02-2020, 09:04 AM
Really cant remember a game called off due to wind?

Glory Lurker
08-02-2020, 09:12 AM
Really cant remember a game called off due to wind?

Me neither.

Mind a game against United in 98 when the wind was so bad it held up a clearance (by Oli, I think?) and started blowing it back the way. Howling gale. Won 3-2, I think.

green day
08-02-2020, 09:14 AM
The game is likely to be off given the current forecast for 12pm-2pm Sunday.

Gusts of 60mph.

Have you never been to a match played in windy conditions before?

ionahibby
08-02-2020, 09:16 AM
Celtic game being considered for a call off so can’t see hibs game being on either. Fans travelling in a weather warning will be the deciding factor.

Since452
08-02-2020, 09:17 AM
Celtic game being considered for a call off so can’t see hibs game being in either. Fans travelling in a weather warning will be the deciding factor.

Yeah it isn't so much the game itself

Spike Mandela
08-02-2020, 09:20 AM
Wind is one of football’s great levellers.

Remember beating Rangers 2-0, I think, in very windy conditions at ER. The galie would take a bye kick and the ball would end up coming back at him due to the gust as if an opposition player had launched it in his direction.

wookie70
08-02-2020, 09:25 AM
Wind will be a bigger problem 9n astro. The ball will roll at set pieces. I'd rather watch a game in heavy rain than heavy wind as it really ruins football.

JohnMcM
08-02-2020, 09:26 AM
If the projected winds (60-80mph) materialise it's likely the Forth, Kincardine and Clackmannanshire bridges will be closed for a while. If driving best plan extra time to go the long way round.

:flag:

FilipinoHibs
08-02-2020, 09:40 AM
Celtic game being considered for a call off so can’t see hibs game being on either. Fans travelling in a weather warning will be the deciding factor.

Celtic game two hours later and further west. The front is moving west to east and may slow down. So Hibs game may just miss it. Updated Sunday morning forecast key.

matty_f
08-02-2020, 09:49 AM
Anyone whose ever been up to the training centre will know that it is, officially, the windiest place on Earth. Therefore I fully expect gale force winds to play right into our hands.

Wheat Hound
08-02-2020, 10:04 AM
https://twitter.com/BSCGlasgow/status/1226072933061349384?s=20

BSC expecting game to go ahead

JXM73
08-02-2020, 10:58 AM
It's sunny with a light breeze at moment...got my kite out and everything...talking michael fish

Billy Whizz
08-02-2020, 11:00 AM
Winds seem to be dropping around KO time. Around 25/30, although some gusts of 50

Spike Mandela
08-02-2020, 11:53 AM
High winds forecast for alloa in 10 mins. Current weather:

Trees, still as anything.

Wheat Hound
08-02-2020, 11:57 AM
Winds seem to be dropping around KO time. Around 25/30, although some gusts of 50

Things hopefully looking a bit more promising now

weecounty hibby
08-02-2020, 11:58 AM

You seem to have been blown over in the high winds!!

Spike Mandela
08-02-2020, 12:01 PM
You seem to have been blown over in the high winds!!
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Billy Whizz
08-02-2020, 12:03 PM

How can tell in a still photo, if it’s windy or not🤣

Carheenlea
08-02-2020, 12:05 PM
High winds ruin games of football, but you can’t call a game off simply because the conditions won’t be conducive to an attractive match. By that logic there would be grounds for calling off a Livingston v Hearts match because it’s not going to be very pleasing on the eye.

Spike Mandela
08-02-2020, 12:06 PM

Fair point😀 Those trees and bushes bend quite a bit in strong wind though. Trust me, it’s as still as the night.😎

aljo7-0
08-02-2020, 12:08 PM

Good grief it's windy, not only have the trees been blown on their sides but so have the houses!

HairyMM
08-02-2020, 12:39 PM
Anyone whose ever been up to the training centre will know that it is, officially, the windiest place on Earth. Therefore I fully expect gale force winds to play right into our hands.

Great point Matty......the windier the better and we will take any advantage we can get :aok: :flag:

Pretty Boy
08-02-2020, 12:49 PM
I always love these threads when people say 'sunny and clear in Edinburgh now' as if it's somehow relevant to the weather in 24 hours. Weather changes.

Keith_M
08-02-2020, 01:05 PM
Have you never been to a match played in windy conditions before?

The last game at Livi would be one.

Not as strong winds, admittedly, but it was quite bad.

Inconsequential
08-02-2020, 03:32 PM
Everywhere you go always take the weather. If you want to know what wind is go to the Isle of Tiree. The wind surfing championship has been cancelled due to the windy conditions. :rolleyes:

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-02-2020, 03:56 PM
Just walked up from the pub with the dog. The wind gust at the moment (56mph) is the same as what is forecast for 12pm tomorrow in Alloa so good luck to those standing on the terraces tomorrow.

Carheenlea
08-02-2020, 04:17 PM
Watching the rugby on TV and there are swathes of empty seats in lower tiers - looks like lots of fans have decided to abandon going with weather forecast, or stayed in pub.

hibby6270
08-02-2020, 04:21 PM
Watching the rugby on TV and there are swathes of empty seats in lower tiers - looks like lots of fans have decided to abandon going with weather forecast, or stayed in pub.

Is it not fans in seats wearing plastic ponchos making it look as though the seats are empty?

Pretty Boy
08-02-2020, 04:22 PM

Game is a bit of a farce as well. Every kick is a total lottery.

BS44
08-02-2020, 04:22 PM

Isn't that just colour of ponchos?

The 90+2
08-02-2020, 04:24 PM
Game is a bit of a farce as well. Every kick is a total lottery.

I’m not complaining. 😁

CB_NO3
08-02-2020, 04:27 PM
Is it not fans in seats wearing plastic ponchos making it look as though the seats are empty?

Spot on. Safe to say there is no empty seats.

Hermit Crab
08-02-2020, 04:27 PM
Take this rugby talk to the other sports section.

Pretty Boy
08-02-2020, 04:32 PM

Do you want my admin log in details and you can shift it there or do you want to just allow us to do our jobs?

Given this thread is about the weather and it's influence on our game tomorrow then I can see how the impact of the weather on a sporting event being played in similar conditions is relevant.

Hermit Crab
08-02-2020, 04:33 PM
Do you want my admin log in details and you can shift it there or do you want to just allow us to do our jobs?

Given this thread is about the weather and it's influence on our game tomorrow then I can see how the impact of the weather on a sporting event being played in similar conditions is relevant.

No thanks, thankless job.

Carheenlea
08-02-2020, 04:34 PM

Isn't that just colour of ponchos?

Spot on. Safe to say there is no empty seats.

:embarrass yes, my wife just pointed that out to me as well... Glasses are in the car and I’m not going out in that to fetch them for second half.

JimBHibees
08-02-2020, 04:34 PM

The discussion is completely relevant to tomorrow's game.

givescotlandfreedom
08-02-2020, 04:35 PM

I hope the wind doesn't spoil the skillful beauty of the sport.

BILLYHIBS
08-02-2020, 04:36 PM
Just been ootside !

Starting to blaw a hoolie

Reminds me of the great great storm of 1987

The game could be in doubt if it disnae cool its jets

:cb

Hermit Crab
08-02-2020, 04:36 PM
I hope the wind doesn't spoil the skillful beauty of the sport.

:tee hee:

weecounty hibby
08-02-2020, 04:39 PM
Update from about a mile or so away from the Recs. If the wind continues like this there will be no way to hold the ball still at goal kicks, corners, free kicks etc. It is also absolutely lashing down. If as forecast this continues it will be a nightmare. Wrap up warm and wear waterproof clothing if going tomorrow

Hermit Crab
08-02-2020, 04:42 PM
Update from about a mile or so away from the Recs. If the wind continues like this there will be no way to hold the ball still at goal kicks, corners, free kicks etc. It is also absolutely lashing down. If as forecast this continues it will be a nightmare. Wrap up warm and wear waterproof clothing if going tomorrow

Sure its to calm down a bit prior to kick off.

Onion
08-02-2020, 04:43 PM
The discussion is completely relevant to tomorrow's game.

As will be the Falkrik v Hearts match tonight - which is going to be a feast of silky soccer and worth every penny :greengrin

Keith_M
08-02-2020, 04:44 PM

I can't believe it hasn't sold out already...

:duck:

weecounty hibby
08-02-2020, 04:44 PM
As will be the Falkrik v Hearts match tonight - which is going to be a feast of silky soccer and worth every penny :greengrin
A continuation of the game at Murrayfield!!

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-02-2020, 04:46 PM

BBC weather says the wind's to be its strongest between 12-3pm.

wookie70
08-02-2020, 04:47 PM

From the forecast I can see the forecast for this time tomorrow in Alloa is about the same as the weather now almost certainly blowing a gale and pouring with rain. Hope it is off.

Keith_M
08-02-2020, 04:52 PM
From the forecast I can see the forecast for this time tomorrow in Alloa is about the same as the weather now almost certainly blowing a gale and pouring with rain. Hope it is off.

Maybe they could cancel it half way through and play again on Wednesday at Tynecastle... tickets for the first game valid for the rearranged match and everybody else gets in for £10.

The 90+2
08-02-2020, 05:04 PM

Can’t see our match being in tomorrow.

greenlex
08-02-2020, 05:09 PM
Just nipped our for my Chinese carry out. Holy ****. I hope it’s not as bad as this tomorrow up there or were in for a real treat.
Now home sitting watching the rugby in front of the log burner.

Since452
08-02-2020, 05:24 PM
Be amazed if it's on

wookie70
08-02-2020, 05:25 PM
The game at Falkirk will give us a clue about tomorrow. Their main stand will protect the pitch from the elements far more than Alloa's tomorrow. If it is shocking tonight it will likely be worse tomorrow

green with envy
08-02-2020, 05:29 PM
Maybe they could cancel it half way through and play again on Wednesday at Tynecastle... tickets for the first game valid for the rearranged match and everybody else gets in for £10.

Don't you realise that there is league game against Ross County on Wednesday?

Billy Whizz
08-02-2020, 05:30 PM
The game at Falkirk will give us a clue about tomorrow. Their main stand will protect the pitch from the elements far more than Alloa's tomorrow. If it is shocking tonight it will likely be worse tomorrow

Wind speeds about the same tonight at Falkirk and at Alloa tomorrow
Think it’s to be a bit drier at Alloa tomorrow, than Falkirk tonight

wookie70
08-02-2020, 05:45 PM
Wind speeds about the same tonight at Falkirk and at Alloa tomorrow
Think it’s to be a bit drier at Alloa tomorrow, than Falkirk tonight

Not from what I can see 50/60% chance of heavy rain and almost 100% chance of very strong winds. I doubt the gazebo will offer much protection as it is a SW wind which will be across and into the area behind the goals. Those who bought home tickets done the right thing

green day
08-02-2020, 05:52 PM
Watched the rugby and - while its not exactly the same as they put the ball in the air more - that was pretty much unplayable tonight...........and yet they just cracked on and played.

I imagine the same will happen tomorrow - I trust we will try and play the ball on the ground.....

lucky
08-02-2020, 06:07 PM
The game should be off if the weather is as bad as forecast. Why should fans suffer to watch their team? Fans comfort and fan safety should be at forefront of decisions in playing games

B.H.F.C
08-02-2020, 06:15 PM
The game should be off if the weather is as bad as forecast. Why should fans suffer to watch their team? Fans comfort and fan safety should be at forefront of decisions in playing games

No chance. Man up and get on with it, if the conditions are deemed playable. Otherwise, where do you draw the line?

My ticket isn’t for the terracing tomorrow. If it was, my opinion might be different though!

Allant1981
08-02-2020, 06:16 PM

Safety yes but comfort? Where do you draw the line, if it gets too cold do you call a game off, if it get too hot in the summer(unlikely) does it then get called off

Robbo6-2
08-02-2020, 06:21 PM

Suppose we are lucky your no making decisions

Keith_M
08-02-2020, 06:21 PM
Don't you realise that there is league game against Ross County on Wednesday?

Some people are just so negative!

green with envy
08-02-2020, 06:25 PM
Some people are just so negative!

You are - Aren't you

Pretty Boy
08-02-2020, 06:26 PM
2 minutes played in the Hearts game and you can see how hard it is to play in these conditions. Ball is just running away constantly even when it's on the ground.

I played in a game about 4 or 5 years ago at Peffermill that was abandoned because of wind. I took a goal kick and the ball looped back in the air and barely made it out of the 18 yard box. Ref called it there and then.

DH1875
08-02-2020, 06:32 PM
Hope the camera men are better prepared tomorrow than the ones at the Falkirk game. Wipe the lens ffs

Diclonius
08-02-2020, 06:36 PM
Surely this game can't go ahead.

greenlex
08-02-2020, 06:37 PM
2 minutes played in the Hearts game and you can see how hard it is to play in these conditions. Ball is just running away constantly even when it's on the ground.

I played in a game about 4 or 5 years ago at Peffermill that was abandoned because of wind. I took a goal kick and the ball looped back in the air and barely made it out of the 18 yard box. Ref called it there and then.
That’s just Hearts.

supermcginn
08-02-2020, 07:07 PM

If you want comfort go to the cinema.

flash
08-02-2020, 07:09 PM
If it's the same as the Hertz game then get on with it. If it's not safe to travel then call it off.

H113EE5
08-02-2020, 07:17 PM
Just back from Murrayfield. :sick::sick: Sport shouldn’t be played in these conditions.

wearethehibs
08-02-2020, 07:47 PM
Holland and Belgium have postponed all of tomorrow's fixtures because of this storm

DH1875
08-02-2020, 08:04 PM
Holland and Belgium have postponed all of tomorrow's fixtures because of this storm

Pfft. They'd never survive in a league with us and the Scandinavians.

Albanian Hibs
08-02-2020, 08:17 PM

Man up ffs

chrisski33
08-02-2020, 08:19 PM
Watched the rugby and - while its not exactly the same as they put the ball in the air more - that was pretty much unplayable tonight...........and yet they just cracked on and played.

I imagine the same will happen tomorrow - I trust we will try and play the ball on the ground.....
Tbh weather forecast to be worse tomorrow and could be travel problems esp trains

Hibbyradge
08-02-2020, 08:33 PM
Man up ffs

Like not wanting to stand fighting a gale in the pishing rain is an indicator of masculinity.

Jim44
08-02-2020, 08:33 PM
I’ve been chastened for suggesting that we shouldn’t be expected to play in ridiculous conditions, but it seems that my fears are groundless. I hope the game goes ahead because, apparently, we will definitely come out on top. Fine, bring ‘em on. :hibees

PH91
08-02-2020, 08:39 PM

Links in Musselburgh is the ultimate place for a wind assisted game, the kind where the team with the wind is 4-0 up at ht and get beat 5-4.

I've played in games there where the keeper has had to save their own goal kick, tipping it over for a corner.

wookie70
08-02-2020, 08:47 PM
Links in Musselburgh is the ultimate place for a wind assisted game, the kind where the team with the wind is 4-0 up at ht and get beat 5-4.

I've played in games there where the keeper has had to save their own goal kick, tipping it over for a corner.

I'll trump you imo with Poltonhall. It has its own microclimate many degrees below Bonnyrigg and with a near constant wind.

Since452
08-02-2020, 09:04 PM
If it's anything like the Jumbos game tonight it should be off. Horrendous for players and fans and no that wasn't just because of two poor teams

Juniper Greens
08-02-2020, 09:23 PM

If the ball doesn't leave the box it's a retake,if the keeper genuinely saved it, it's a foul

tamig
08-02-2020, 09:27 PM
Safety yes but comfort? Where do you draw the line, if it gets too cold do you call a game off, if it get too hot in the summer(unlikely) does it then get called off

Absolutely. Far too many saps around these days. If the game’s on and folk choose not to go because of a bit of wind and rain, more’s the pity them. There are many more places on our planet suffering genuine hardship due to various weather phenomena and folk here are worrying about a bit of rain and a stiff breeze. Unreal.

greenlex
08-02-2020, 09:37 PM
I’ve just poked my big Baldy napper outside and I can report there’s water lying out front that I’ve never seen in over ten years at my current gaff. If this continues and it’s the same up there it’ll be waterlogged pitch that scuppers it and not wind..

hibsboy69
08-02-2020, 09:38 PM
Absolutely. Far too many saps around these days. If the game’s on and folk choose not to go because of a bit of wind and rain, more’s the pity them. There are many more places on our planet suffering genuine hardship due to various weather phenomena and folk here are worrying about a bit of rain and a stiff breeze. Unreal.

At midday tomorrow in Alloa the wind speed is 55mph and the chance of heavy rain is forecast at 96% !

I don't think there's anything "sappy" about questioning the wisdom of playing a game (an extremely important one for us) in what can only be described as farcical conditions that turn a game of football into a lottery

"Saps" ! :faf:

tamig
08-02-2020, 09:44 PM
At midday tomorrow in Alloa the wind speed is 55mph and the chance of heavy rain is forecast at 96% !

I don't think there's anything "sappy" about questioning the wisdom of playing a game (an extremely important one for us) in what can only be described as farcical conditions that turn a game of football into a lottery

"Saps" ! :faf:

Read back at the posts leading up to the one I quoted. “Comfort” was a term used. Sappiness in my book 👍

IrnBru22
08-02-2020, 10:14 PM
If the ball doesn't leave the box it's a retake

That’s not a rule anymore.

Hibbyradge
08-02-2020, 10:20 PM
Read back at the posts leading up to the one I quoted. “Comfort” was a term used. Sappiness in my book 👍

Correct. I go to matches wearing a hair shirt and shoes 3 sizes too small. No danger I'd ever wear a hat.

Real men. Real discomfort.

Eyrie
08-02-2020, 10:22 PM
Correct. I go to matches wearing a hair shirt and shoes 3 sizes too small. No danger I'd ever wear a hat.

I wouldn't wear a hat either in 50mph wind.

Well, not for very long.

Hibbyradge
08-02-2020, 10:23 PM
I wouldn't wear a hat either in 50mph wind.

Well, not for very long.

Woolly hats are perfect in high winds.

For saps anyway.

JXM73
08-02-2020, 10:29 PM
Just been out walkin dogs, there's no wind in alloa..rain constant though...

1875godsgift
08-02-2020, 10:59 PM

Don't need one.

I've got so much manly body hair I just wear a normal shirt, 3 sizes too small.

Same effect, no dry-cleaning bill.

Win - win, as they say.

FilipinoHibs
08-02-2020, 11:06 PM
Just been out walkin dogs, there's no wind in alloa..rain constant though...

So just normal Weather for February in Alloa.

Hermit Crab
08-02-2020, 11:06 PM
Drove through Alloa and past the ground about 22:45 tonight, no wind at all just rain but it wasn't torrential, back in the lothians now and again no wind just heavy rain. Hope it stays as calm as this.

EDIT - gazebo and floodlights were still standing too. No local flooding closing roads around the ground

NOLA
08-02-2020, 11:26 PM
Only thing to worry about is the pitch being waterlogged

monktonharp
08-02-2020, 11:27 PM
still wearing hiking boots, brolly, hat , thermals etc just in case the game is actually on.:greengrin can it be any worse than Cowdenbeath, a few years back? the pound shop sold me the last umbrella that day and I charged 50p for a loan of it, for 10 minutes. made a fortune

Hermit Crab
08-02-2020, 11:28 PM
Only thing to worry about is the pitch being waterlogged

You'd think there would be pumps on stand by. BSC will want this game played tomorrow.

davhibby
09-02-2020, 01:09 AM
You'd think there would be pumps on stand by. BSC will want this game played tomorrow.

The fact that Alloa had an issue with the pumps recently and the forecast you’d think they’ll be better prepared than Alloa probably were for the game that got postponed

Hermit Crab
09-02-2020, 02:12 AM
Just got up for a piss, absolutely no wind at the moment and its only very light rain here in mussy/Edinburgh.

SteveHFC
09-02-2020, 02:29 AM
Just got up for a piss, absolutely no wind at the moment and its only very light rain here in mussy/Edinburgh.

I walked from George Street to Nicholson Street earlier on and The rain was horrible to walk in.

Forza Fred
09-02-2020, 03:22 AM
I walked from George Street to Nicholson Street earlier on and The rain was horrible to walk in.

I popped my heid out the windae where I am and its not very nice either.

Its just after 3pm here and since 9am this morning we've had 52 mm of rain.

Cannae beat you on that famous Edinburgh wind though..we've only got 30 kilometres an hour just now.

Disappointing if the game is cancelled, but weather can be a great leveller, skill wise, and probably better safe than sorry.

HH81
09-02-2020, 03:37 AM
The weather here is crazy, wind is awful and the rain almost sounds as loud.

Looked at the forecast for here right now and then alloa for 12pm. About the same so no chance the game will be played.

Looks like were getting worst of it started last night and going on all day today. Keeping me awake.

PH91
09-02-2020, 04:57 AM
If the ball doesn't leave the box it's a retake,if the keeper genuinely saved it, it's a foul

That could well be right although a corner was definitely given!!

Hermit Crab
09-02-2020, 06:44 AM
This has to be called early before fans start travelling, given that the match in Falkirk was on last night I think ours will be unless the pitch is flooded.

Borderhibbie76
09-02-2020, 06:49 AM
Ridiculous if it's on really when they are telling people on news not to travel unless completely necessary

Hibs90
09-02-2020, 06:51 AM
This has to be called early before fans start travelling, given that the match in Falkirk was on last night I think ours will be unless the pitch is flooded.

Yes. The issue is, it won't be called before fans start travelling

Hermit Crab
09-02-2020, 06:57 AM
Just put the kick off back a couple of hours to when the weathers calmed bit and forget showing it on tv. :greengrin

JXM73
09-02-2020, 06:58 AM
Still nae wind, rain constant though in for a soaking

Antifa Hibs
09-02-2020, 07:01 AM
Ridiculous if it's on really when they are telling people on news not to travel unless completely necessary

Does choking on a pint count?

Think it will be on. As bad as it is i don't its anyworse than Falkirk - Hearts last night. And doesn't seem to be much rail and road issues in the central belt.

Allant1981
09-02-2020, 07:10 AM
There is a wee bit wind and rain just now but nothing major, last nights game was played and I dont think the weather has to be any worse today so absolutely no need for the game to be called off, unless the park is waterlogged again. Although my drive is like a swimming pool so will need to swim to the car to get there

dp00
09-02-2020, 07:16 AM
I’m in the area and I’ll be surprised if it’s on. Decision needs to be taken early. You could argue game last night shouldn’t have went ahead I’d say weather worse today

Got to think of safety of fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
09-02-2020, 07:18 AM
Does choking on a pint count?

Think it will be on. As bad as it is i don't its anyworse than Falkirk - Hearts last night. And doesn't seem to be much rail and road issues in the central belt.

On the subject of pints, is there anywhere nearby the ground that one can be had before the game? Or is the noon KO too early for Alloa opening?

FilipinoHibs
09-02-2020, 07:20 AM
Weather forecaste I see is rain starting to ease at midday but winds at their maximum of 30 mph then but gradually easing. Think the game will be on.

Jones28
09-02-2020, 07:25 AM
I’m not far from Alloa and I can hear the rain. No wind to speak of though.

Allant1981
09-02-2020, 07:25 AM
On the subject of pints, is there anywhere nearby the ground that one can be had before the game? Or is the noon KO too early for Alloa opening?

Not any pubs in the direct vicinity, need to go into the town centre but it's not that far away

green day
09-02-2020, 07:26 AM

Then they are clueless - it is a Yellow Met Office warning.

Not saying it wont affect the match, but statements like "dont travel" are silly under these circumstances.

Its what we would have called a very windy and wet day 20 years ago....................

Slim Shady
09-02-2020, 07:34 AM

Ball isn’t required to leave the penalty area these days. As soon as ball is kicked and moves from a goal kick - it’s in play.

hibeejeebies
09-02-2020, 07:45 AM
The fact that Alloa had an issue with the pumps recently and the forecast you’d think they’ll be better prepared than Alloa probably were for the game that got postponed

I'm hearing the pumps don't work cos the vandals took the handles.

Diclonius
09-02-2020, 07:46 AM
I really hope a decision is made soon before I and many others leave for the game.

09-02-2020, 07:46 AM
East End Bowling Club is open and half mile to the “ Stadium “.

cookin_on_gaz
09-02-2020, 07:50 AM
I'm hearing the pumps don't work cos the vandals took the handles.Made me chuckle [emoji23]

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
09-02-2020, 07:54 AM
It’s actually not that bad at all. Although the storm may not have fully hit the Edinburgh area yet.

Albanian Hibs
09-02-2020, 07:55 AM
I really hope a decision is made soon before I and many others leave for the game.

We are on our way now

Wembley67
09-02-2020, 07:56 AM
We are on our way now

Aye but Albania is some trek.

CB_NO3
09-02-2020, 07:59 AM
It will be on. Heading to Waverley now.

Its actually a warm breeze in Edinburgh with the odd gust.

shamo9
09-02-2020, 08:00 AM
Weather is brutal in Glasgow just now. Almost got blown away.

JXM73
09-02-2020, 08:03 AM
Ok now its blowing a hoolie, just waiting on the obligatory trampoline to roll by, mate says road from stirling to alloa closed....

judas
09-02-2020, 08:05 AM
Was in weeg last night on the lash. Returned to The Capital about 11. Edinburgh was far worse.

staunchhibby
09-02-2020, 08:10 AM
Take it no indication of pitch inspections so far

Radium
09-02-2020, 08:10 AM
Ok now its blowing a hoolie, just waiting on the obligatory trampoline to roll by, mate says road from stirling to alloa closed....

https://twitter.com/nickadms/status/906957324367011840?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

degenerated
09-02-2020, 08:15 AM
Ridiculous if it's on really when they are telling people on news not to travel unless completely necessaryThat's for English folk, if you check the Scottish weather it says wear a big jaiket [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

weecounty hibby
09-02-2020, 08:22 AM
Righto, I'd this game is on it is a farce. Blowing a gale and absolutely horsing it down with rain. Travel is likely to be dodgy with high winds and toads flooded. I'm about to take the dog out and will report back if I make it!!
In all seriousness though they need to take in to account that there will be fans there with no cover from the elements.

micka_weer
09-02-2020, 08:24 AM

On way home last night (in Ayrshire) police were on A77 retrieving a roll away trampoline!

Greenworld
09-02-2020, 08:24 AM
Righto, I'd this game is on it is a farce. Blowing a gale and absolutely horsing it down with rain. Travel is likely to be dodgy with high winds and toads flooded. I'm about to take the dog out and will report back if I make it!!
In all seriousness though they need to take in to account that there will be fans there with no cover from the elements.These toads will be living the rain lol

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

BoomtownHibees
09-02-2020, 08:25 AM
In all seriousness though they need to take in to account that there will be fans there with no cover from the elements.

I don’t think there has ever been a game called off due to the fans getting soaked

Allant1981
09-02-2020, 08:28 AM
I've just came over the clacks bridge and yes its windy and wet but I'd be amazed if the game was called off

weecounty hibby
09-02-2020, 08:30 AM
These toads will be living the rain lol

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Haha shows how bad it is if the toads are flooded!!

weecounty hibby
09-02-2020, 08:30 AM
I don’t think there has ever been a game called off due to the fans getting soaked

Your right but as an entertainment industry it shows how little fans are actually thought of

greenlex
09-02-2020, 08:32 AM
22975Half a mile from Lexington towers. Well it’s a turn back on this route.

BoomtownHibees
09-02-2020, 08:34 AM
Your right but as an entertainment industry it shows how little fans are actually thought of

No really. I don’t see any other entertainment such as music concerts etc cancelled because of the crowd getting wet

Billy Whizz
09-02-2020, 08:35 AM
https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcvr1xrb6

Sun is due to break out in Alloa soon

JimboHibs
09-02-2020, 08:36 AM
I've just came over the clacks bridge and yes its windy and wet but I'd be amazed if the game was called off

When was the last time we had a game called off mid game ? Im sure i was at a game v Dundee and game was stopped mid game due to fog and replayed ??

1984 5th Feb found this thread on .net
https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?191201-Hibs-v-Dundee-mists-of-time

mim
09-02-2020, 08:40 AM
When was the last time we had a game called off mid game ? Im sure i was at a game v Dundee and game was stopped mid game due to fog and replayed ??

We had a friendly against Raith Rovers abandoned at half time a few years ago due to a monsoon.

SteveHFC
09-02-2020, 08:41 AM

2003 dens park abandoned at ht due to snow

Diclonius
09-02-2020, 08:41 AM

The Kilmarnock game a few years ago where a man took ill and later died.

BILLYHIBS
09-02-2020, 08:42 AM
Racing in the UK abandoned today

Bobby's Cinema
Motherwell at HT we were 1up might have been G'OC and sure it was a floodlight failure.

Now I think of it, add a pre-season friendly at Raith a few years back. Think it was 0-0 HT

davhibby
Also the Friday night floodlight fire at Motherwell, think that was one of Fenlon’s early games

Allant1981
09-02-2020, 08:44 AM
Also the Friday night floodlight fire at Motherwell, think that was one of Fenlon’s early games

Was his first game I think, we were winning as well

JimboHibs
09-02-2020, 08:45 AM
Motherwell at HT we were 1up might have been G'OC and sure it was a floodlight failure.

Id forgot about that,Fenlon's first game in charge.

hibsboy69
09-02-2020, 08:48 AM
BBC Weather forecast for Alloa, Clackmannanshire. Today: Heavy Rain Showers. Max 11°C, min 2°C. Wind 34mph SW. https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2657471

57mph winds !

Roxyhibee
09-02-2020, 08:51 AM
I'm hearing the pumps don't work cos the vandals took the handles.

You don’t need a weatherman, to know which way the wind blows.

Pretty Boy
09-02-2020, 08:53 AM
Is there an issue with liability should someone get hurt by something like a blown down bit of roof tile at the game?

I have a few friends who are running a trail race today. The organisers sent an email last night saying the race will go ahead but they will accept no responsibility for anyone getting hurt because of the conditions. That seems a total cop out to me; it's basically saying we know it isn't really safe but we'll lose money if we have to reschedule so we'll run in unsafe conditions and simply pass on our duty of care.

I'm not sure about elsewhere but I'm in EH15 and the road is strewn with wheelie bins and a couple of trees are down. It was calm earlier but picking up again, if it's anything like this in Alloa I'd be prepared for a bit of a farce.

JimBHibees
09-02-2020, 08:56 AM
BBC Weather forecast for Alloa, Clackmannanshire. Today: Heavy Rain Showers. Max 11°C, min 2°C. Wind 34mph SW. https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2657471

57mph winds !

Those winds game should be off imo especially given how totally exposed that ground is unlike Murrayfield which has huge stands and was still a farce.

Only positive from that forecast and the fact it says it was updated at 9.55 you would assume it is accurate is that it's only predicting light rain showers for the whole of the game time.

Wembley67
09-02-2020, 08:56 AM
Rugby went ahead in worse conditions and everyone just got on with it 🙂

HH81
09-02-2020, 08:58 AM
Is there an issue with liability should someone get hurt by something like a blown down bit of roof tile at the game?

I have a few friends who are running a trail race today. The organisers sent an email last night saying the race will go ahead but they will accept no responsibility for anyone getting hurt because of the conditions. That seems a total cop out to me; it's basically saying we know it isn't really safe but we'll lose money if we have to reschedule so we'll run in unsafe conditions and simply pass on our duty of care.

I'm not sure about elsewhere but I'm in EH15 and the road is strewn with wheelie bins and a couple of trees are down. It was calm earlier but picking up again, if it's anything like this in Alloa I'd be prepared for a bit of a farce.

Usually see when it's on TV that they push for it to be played.

hibsboy69

Two wrongs don’t make a right !

et_hibby
You don’t need a weatherman, to know which way the wind blows.

Or else expecting rain... This is the story of the Hurricane!

HH81

Rugby has just been called off.