PDA

View Full Version : Michael Stewart suspended from Sportsound

Pages : [1] 2

Diclonius
06-02-2020, 12:58 PM
https://www.thenational.scot/news/18214091.michael-stewart-axed-bbc-morelos-interview-fallout/

Not official, but he wasn't there yesterday.

What a ****ing joke. Back to OF sycophants who tow the party line.

Vault Boy
06-02-2020, 01:07 PM
Absolutely grim. Unfortunately you knew it would happen as soon as he'd said it.

I think he'll land on his feet though, speaking out against JT will have won him enough supporters alone, never mind years of being the most methodical and interesting pundit in Scottish media.

Maybe losing the BBC shackles will allow him to vocalise more 'controversial' thoughts more often on a different platform. Could end up being a positive thing.

Hermit Crab
06-02-2020, 01:08 PM
BBC defending the very club that banned them from Ibrox....:rolleyes:

hibby rae
06-02-2020, 01:11 PM
https://www.thenational.scot/news/18214091.michael-stewart-axed-bbc-morelos-interview-fallout/

I had assumed it was because he would be doing Sportscene tonight.

It's shocking. By far the best pundit they have, precisely because he calls it as he sees it and does it objectively.

Hibee87
06-02-2020, 01:13 PM
Would he not have been on BT Sport for the Motherwell Celtic game last night :confused:

Hibby Kay-Yay
06-02-2020, 01:14 PM

Hoping to get back in there no doubt!

RoxburghHibs
06-02-2020, 01:16 PM

Isn't it the other way round?

BBC have boycotted Ibrox due to treatement of one of their reporters by The Rangers?

HFC93
06-02-2020, 01:16 PM

Aye, it’s crazy.

Last Minute
06-02-2020, 01:19 PM
He was on BT sports last night doing the Celtic game

KDY Hibs
06-02-2020, 01:20 PM
Joke of a decision

The 90+2
06-02-2020, 01:21 PM
He’s not been banned. He’s doing sportscene for tonight.

The 90+2
06-02-2020, 01:22 PM
He was on BT sports last night doing the Celtic game

That’s why he wasn’t on. He’s not contracted to the bbc on days that BT/Premier will show games unless it’s the highlight show.

Diclonius
06-02-2020, 01:22 PM

Where's this being reported?

Frazerbob
06-02-2020, 01:24 PM
Isn't it the other way round?

BBC have boycotted Ibrox due to treatement of one of their reporters by The Rangers?

Correct. The Rangers banned one reporter so the BBC have refused to send anyone else or report from Ibrox since. Not often I applaud the BBC but I do for this.

DH1875
06-02-2020, 01:26 PM
He is self employed and was working for BT Sport at the Motherwell game last night.

The 90+2
06-02-2020, 01:26 PM

It’s not been reported as it’s not a story. I know he’s presenting tonight.

scoopyboy
06-02-2020, 02:08 PM

More to the point where is it reported he's been suspended?

Is It On....
06-02-2020, 02:11 PM

He was on BT though at the Motherwell game.

DH1875
06-02-2020, 02:55 PM

Apparently not. Hearing it's a 5 day ban lol. 5 days, cannae make it up.

Since452
06-02-2020, 02:58 PM
I'd be telling the BBC to ram it. He's a brilliant pundit, he's too good for that shower

California-Hibs
06-02-2020, 03:39 PM
I must admit, I listen to the Sportsound podcast daily and would be gutted if he no longer appears on the show. Brilliant pundit!

Bishop Hibee
06-02-2020, 03:53 PM

This is what really hacks me off. They should be pressuring the Huns and the SPFL instead of bending over.

Cataplana

Pretty humiliating for Jabba, who probably wanted him sacked.

jacomo

It’s unbelievable isn’t it?

Yet certain people have realised that the more they lie in public and the more they attack the media, the more the media bends over and takes it.

Jim Traynor is just a fat bully who should have been cancelled years ago.

Waxy
06-02-2020, 04:05 PM
Bring back Scotsport on Sundays at 5pm.

hibsbollah
06-02-2020, 04:08 PM
Bring back Scotsport on Sundays at 5pm.

Arthur 'Sensational!' Montford.

Waxy
06-02-2020, 04:09 PM
Arthur 'Sensational!' Montford.

Stramash.

Deansy
06-02-2020, 04:32 PM
Congrats Mikey - it's a badge of honour !

Steve88
06-02-2020, 04:46 PM
IF he has been suspended, under what grounds.... Has the BBC said MS broke "XYZ..." hence why he has been suspended...

Incredibly worrying if people can't speak their mind..

MWHIBBIES
06-02-2020, 05:46 PM
Never matters if you're right if you just offend the wrong bawbags. Same as referees, Huns don't like being called out when they are clearly in the wrong.

jonty
06-02-2020, 05:49 PM
I missed the action and just catching up with the fallout. What did he actually do? bad mouth jim traynor or something along those lines?

tamig
06-02-2020, 05:50 PM
I txtd them tonight. Don’t expect it to be read out.

Hibbyradge
06-02-2020, 05:51 PM
I missed the action and just catching up with the fallout. What did he actually do? bad mouth jim traynor or something along those lines?

https://youtu.be/KZEZXkr9OiM

The 90+2
06-02-2020, 05:54 PM

Not what I heard earlier from him. Find out in five though. I can’t see Mikey working back again if true. BBC will know that though.

Since452
06-02-2020, 05:58 PM
Sportsound just became decidedly less appealing without Stewart

overdrive
06-02-2020, 06:16 PM
He’s not on Sportscene...

Sammy7nil
06-02-2020, 06:21 PM
IF he has been suspended, under what grounds.... Has the BBC said MS broke "XYZ..." hence why he has been suspended...

Incredibly worrying if people can't speak their mind..

There is free speech but u can't say what you like without backing of up with facts. He made some claims such as dangerous man etc without adding facts.

Hibbyradge
06-02-2020, 06:29 PM
There is free speech but u can't say what you like without backing of up with facts. He made some claims such as dangerous man etc without adding facts.

You can say whatever you like without facts. Pundits, and ironically newspapers, make their living doing so, but not about individuals.

I know that's what you mean. 👍

SquashedFrogg
06-02-2020, 06:29 PM

If he's voicing his opinion and not claiming it be factual, then he's entitled to say what he likes.

Hibs4185
06-02-2020, 06:33 PM

It is an opinion show and pundits are paid to give their opinion. You cannot have hard facts without a criminal investigation but there is enough information out their to form an opinion. It is quite clear who is peddling Rangers PR and stirring up controversy to suit the Rangers agenda.

Mikey Stewart is 100% correct and should be reinstated immediately. Absolutely Disgraceful if he is suspended or sacked for criticising Rangers. This will make every other pundit scared to say a single bad word about them. I’m this instance that is not a free press, which the country is famed for.

The Count
06-02-2020, 06:46 PM
Really pisses me off how the Huns seem to be able to control the media in Scotland.Not just talking about Stewart here but think back over the years of all the lies they peddle.We do not have a free press in Scotland when it comes to the Huns.Your threatened if you dare critise them.

HendoDelivered
06-02-2020, 08:11 PM
What did he do/say?

ahibby
06-02-2020, 08:19 PM
We r talking about the same Mikey Stewart who when talking abkut the vacant managerial pisitions at Hibs and Hearts said Hearts was the more attractive job because they already had good players. He can talk rubbish as well as the rest if us😁

Radium
06-02-2020, 08:22 PM
The Nine has just trailed a look at the Morellos story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
06-02-2020, 08:25 PM
We r talking about the same Mikey Stewart who when talking abkut the vacant managerial pisitions at Hibs and Hearts said Hearts was the more attractive job because they already had good players. He can talk rubbish as well as the rest if us😁

That wasn’t too outrageous a comment to make at the time with the two teams struggling at a similar level, although obviously it has subsequently been proven to be nonsense.

What was the general opinion of Doidge and Newell at that point?

We hadn’t seen anything of Boyle then and couldn’t guarantee he’d recover from his injury.

One of their biggest problems has been their inability to get their better players fit and playing.

Carheenlea
06-02-2020, 08:26 PM
Really pisses me off how the Huns seem to be able to control the media in Scotland.Not just talking about Stewart here but think back over the years of all the lies they peddle.We do not have a free press in Scotland when it comes to the Huns.Your threatened if you dare critise them.

The Huns aren’t controlling the media - it’s nonsense to suggest this. It’s the BBC who are responsible for shooting themselves in the foot by needlessly dispensing with one of their prized assets (as far as their Scottish football coverage goes at least). They did the same last year with Danny Baker - completely over reacted.

The Count
06-02-2020, 08:41 PM
Both are part of the Establishment.

ahibby
06-02-2020, 08:44 PM
That wasn’t too outrageous a comment to make at the time with the two teams struggling at a similar level, although obviously it has subsequently been proven to be nonsense.

What was the general opinion of Doidge and Newell at that point?

We hadn’t seen anything of Boyle then and couldn’t guarantee he’d recover from his injury.

One of their biggest problems has been their inability to get their better players fit and playing.

Disagree mate. With Levine still on the scene cant be an attractive place for a manager to be. There is no way even back then it could have been described as more attractive. Jack Ross knew it then.

Stokesy's on fire
06-02-2020, 09:19 PM
The bbc deserve banned from sport over this

jgl07
06-02-2020, 09:41 PM
Boycott Sportsound until Mikey is reinstated.

Mind you I have been boycotting it for years!

Since452
07-02-2020, 07:14 AM
The support Mikey Stewart is getting on social media from all fans (apart from the new club) is superb. Think he's come out of it pretty well

The Spaceman
07-02-2020, 07:21 AM
Imagine pandering to that fat ned of a "PR" man at Ibrox. Well done Michael Stewart. Hope Traynor is one of the mass redundancies at Ibrox once they fail to stop 10-in-a-row.

Gloucester Hibs
07-02-2020, 07:30 AM
Part of the Beeb’s charm offensive to work its way back into the Huns knickers.

CentreLine
07-02-2020, 07:37 AM
Imagine the crowd funding if the fat myth maker was to try and take MS to court.

Spike Mandela
07-02-2020, 08:01 AM
The Huns aren’t controlling the media - it’s nonsense to suggest this. It’s the BBC who are responsible for shooting themselves in the foot by needlessly dispensing with one of their prized assets (as far as their Scottish football coverage goes at least). They did the same last year with Danny Baker - completely over reacted.

Disagree with this. Scottish football media has been hand in hand with Rangers and the authorities for years, spreading agendas, telling mistruths, deflecting from realities and keeping silent when it suits them.

Complicit.

JimBHibees
07-02-2020, 08:29 AM
Disagree with this. Scottish football media has been hand in hand with Rangers and the authorities for years, spreading agendas, telling mistruths, deflecting from realities and keeping silent when it suits them.

Complicit.

Totally agree the succulent lamb brigade are still very much part of the MSM.

All you need to know outlined by Alex Thompson of channel 4. Given you would assume he would have had little knowledge of Scottish football it didn't take him long to give an accurate depiction of the lie of the land. The question obviously is then why do the journos up here not do a similar piece, the answer of course was outlined earlier this week. The apparent power that organisation has is completely disproportionate with its role as a Football team. After years of cheating nothing has changed. Can anyone seriously imagine other teams being able to bounce back like they have.

https://www.channel4.com/news/by/alex-thomson/blogs/succulent-lamb-rack

Squealing pig
07-02-2020, 08:37 AM
Michael Stewart is a great pundit, if hes not on sportscene itll b 💩 unless big marv gets his place but I'd rather see they 2 together bin ST

Hibbyradge
07-02-2020, 08:38 AM
Michael Stewart is a great pundit, if hes not on sportscene itll b 💩 unless big marv gets his place but I'd rather see they 2 together bin ST

Late sesh last night or early start this morning?

Cataplana
07-02-2020, 08:39 AM
Totally agree the succulent lamb brigade are still very much part of the MSM.

All you need to know outlined by Alex Thompson of channel 4. Given you would assume he would have had little knowledge of Scottish football it didn't take him long to give an accurate depiction of the lie of the land. The question obviously is then why do the journos up here not do a similar piece, the answer of course was outlined earlier this week. The apparent power that organisation has is completely disproportionate with its role as a Football team. After years of cheating nothing has changed. Can anyone seriously imagine other teams being able to bounce back like they have.

https://www.channel4.com/news/by/alex-thomson/blogs/succulent-lamb-rack

I think Alex Thomson understands the laws of defamation better than Michael Stewart. Either that or Michael genuinely is a bit of a punk, in which case more power to his elbow.

I'm Spartacus
07-02-2020, 08:42 AM
I honestly cannot get my head around this.

"He is a bully and a very dangerous man..." MS then dropped for 5 days and the Beeb Kenny McIntyre reads out a cock sucking apology.

Just when I thought I couldn't hate Scottish Media anymore than I do.

(Plus MS can't work for Sky as they received the video and translation from Traynor to air to deflect from the Morelos embarrassment of being a ****ger, MS then rips Traynor, any Sky potential won't be an option).

A boycott from me until they stop bending over for SevCo.

ekhibee
07-02-2020, 08:50 AM
You can say whatever you like without facts. Pundits, and ironically newspapers, make their living doing so, but not about individuals.

I know that's what you mean. 👍

Of course you can, as long as your employer doesn't suffer financial consequences. If they do then the individual should at the very least be suspended and very probably sacked. It really does depend on the exact words used and I haven't heard exactly what he said so don't know either way

Carheenlea

Complicit.

I’m maybe being naive, but I’m basing my thoughts by asking myself if the BBC were that afraid of upsetting Rangers, or assisting in spreading their narrative, then why would they themselves refuse to broadcast or send journalists to Ibrox for the last three years after the fallout with Chris McLaughlin?

I just think suggesting Rangers are in control of media outlets like the BBC is probably far from the case and really giving them more credit for influence than they actually do.

Ozyhibby
Interesting that Celtic have complained to ofcom and demanded an apology on Morellos’s behalf yet the silence from Sevco is deafening regarding the misrepresentation of their own player?

Cataplana
07-02-2020, 08:56 AM
I honestly cannot get my head around this.

"He is a bully and a very dangerous man..." MS then dropped for 5 days and the Beeb Kenny McIntyre reads out a cock sucking apology.

Just when I thought I couldn't hate Scottish Media anymore than I do.

(Plus MS can't work for Sky as they received the video and translation from Traynor to air to deflect from the Morelos embarrassment of being a ****ger, MS then rips Traynor, any Sky potential won't be an option).

A boycott from me until they stop bending over for SevCo.

If you have listened to the programme, you'll have noticed that Michael said Traynor is dishonest. You can't say that.

FilipinoHibs
07-02-2020, 08:59 AM
Interesting that Celtic have complained to ofcom and demanded an apology on Morellos’s behalf yet the silence from Sevco is deafening regarding the misrepresentation of their own player?

Yes the translation was the narrative that Rangers wanted in the media. Now they are trying to stitch the agent up with the translation when obviously over seen by the Rangers media team.

Not In The Know
07-02-2020, 09:10 AM
If you have listened to the programme, you'll have noticed that Michael said Traynor is dishonest. You can't say that.

true, but you could argue Traynor sanctioned that deliberately misleading translation. Oh not to mention the 2016 lies.

So maybe he is ....

Viva_Palmeiras
07-02-2020, 09:15 AM
OF sway too strong for Scottish Football.
The closest we came to addressing this in recent years was when a Hibee grabbed the initiative and conducted the first most widely engaged football fans survey. (Worcester Hibee). Most likely unable to shed a full light surrounding the transition over to who took over such surveys next but that initial survey would have sent a rocket to the football establishment. Moment lost now. If no one stormed the gates of Park Gardens/Hampden before now it’ll never happen. Mediocratic bliss. It’s over a generation since we last qualified.

Hibbyradge
07-02-2020, 09:20 AM
Of course you can, as long as your employer doesn't suffer financial consequences. If they do then the individual should at the very least be suspended and very probably sacked. It really does depend on the exact words used and I haven't heard exactly what he said so don't know either way

He said that Traynor was "causing division and stoking fires... for his own personal gain", because "he is subcontracted to deal with those types of things".

If he'd just said that Traynor was dangerous and a bully, and even doing The Rangers damage in the long term, nothing would have happened.

But accusing him of dishonestly cheating his employer is much more serious. For that, you do need proof and I don't doubt Traynor's lawyer's will have been all over it.

I can't stand Traynor, most outside of The Rangers feel the same, but the law, and the BBC, doesn't make its decisions based on likeability.

I don't know if what Stewart alleges is true, but given that he masqueraded as a neutral radio journalist for many years before coming out as a Rangers supporter, I suppose duplicity isn't out of the realms of possiblity.

But it needs to be proved if it's going to be alleged in public.

My hope is that those who run the club have heard Stewart's comments and taken note.

oneone73
07-02-2020, 09:29 AM
He said that Traynor was "causing division and stoking fires... for his own personal gain", because "he is subcontracted to deal with those types of things".

If he'd just said that Traynor was dangerous and a bully, and even doing The Rangers damage in the long term, nothing would have happened.

But accusing him of dishonestly cheating his employer is much more serious. For that, you do need proof and I don't doubt Traynor's lawyer's will have been all over it.

I can't stand Traynor, most outside of The Rangers feel the same, but the law, and the BBC, doesn't make its decisions based on likeability.

I don't know if what Stewart alleges is true, but given that he masqueraded as a neutral radio journalist for many years before coming out as a Rangers supporter, I suppose duplicity isn't out of the realms of possiblity.

But it needs to be proved if it's going to be alleged in public.

My hope is that those who run the club have heard Stewart's comments and taken note.

Ah, remember the days when Traynor insisted he was an Airdrie supporter?

Hibbyradge
07-02-2020, 09:31 AM
Ah, remember the days when Traynor insisted he was an Airdrie supporter?

:agree:

Is Chick Young still a Buddies fan?

FilipinoHibs
07-02-2020, 09:34 AM

Technically slander and a potential libel case if Stewart can't prove he is dishonest. BBC apology takes them out the firing line. Stewart would have been better talking about the Rangers media team and talking about trying to get their narrative as the true facts in the media. The translation debacle would have backed that up. Rangers and Traynor probably silenced because of that incident as a little bit of digging would reveal real source of the translation.

Allant1981
07-02-2020, 09:37 AM
MS isnt a daft guy, he would have known the backlash this would cause and potential for trouble, he must have proof of some of the allegations he has made against Traynor surely or he wouldnt have went on his rant. If he hasnt then he isnt as bright as he would like to make out

Cataplana
07-02-2020, 09:40 AM
true, but you could argue Traynor sanctioned that deliberately misleading translation. Oh not to mention the 2016 lies.

So maybe he is ....

Whataboutery does not justify anything.

Hibbyradge
07-02-2020, 09:43 AM
MS isnt a daft guy, he would have known the backlash this would cause and potential for trouble, he must have proof of some of the allegations he has made against Traynor surely or he wouldnt have went on his rant. If he hasnt then he isnt as bright as he would like to make out

He was angry about the grief he had been getting on social media as a result of the brakes tampering story and you can hear him become angrier as the "row" develops.

It wasn't a calculated rant and I think he made a mistake.

He's not repeated the allegations since on Twitter or anywhere else. I doubt he will, but we'll see.

Allant1981
07-02-2020, 09:57 AM
He was angry about the grief he had been getting on social media as a result of the brakes tampering story and you can hear him become angrier as the "row" develoos.

It wasn't a calculated rant and I think he made a mistake.

He's not repeated the allegations since on Twitter or anywhere else. I doubt he will, but we'll see.

Fair point and I only listened to a small part of it, would be interesting to hear his thoughts on it now

scooby
07-02-2020, 11:59 AM

Of course you can, it's true.

Cataplana
07-02-2020, 01:01 PM
Of course you can, it's true.

Ok, you can't say he creates problems so he can be paid to fix them.

Frazerbob
07-02-2020, 01:34 PM

Big Marv is a dreadful pundit.

Keith_M
07-02-2020, 01:40 PM
On the Morelos translation 'error'.

The DR is running a story that it was Morelos' Agent that translated it for Sky.

Squealing pig
07-02-2020, 02:21 PM

I just like him as he detests the jambos , when he was on Scottish football program, name escapes me , he was pretty good

Hibs4185
07-02-2020, 03:02 PM
MS is a pretty wealthy guy, has a few properties and lives in a nice street.

Would love for him to challenge his suspension/dismissal and bring the rangers to task

Hibbyradge
07-02-2020, 04:30 PM
MS is a pretty wealthy guy, has a few properties and lives in a nice street.

Would love for him to challenge his suspension/dismissal and bring the rangers to task

He might be wealthy but he's not stupid.

jgl07
07-02-2020, 07:22 PM

Only on his days off!

hibby rae
07-02-2020, 07:43 PM

Tbf it's his first season doing it. He's already better than a lot who have been doing it for years.

Jim44
07-02-2020, 08:10 PM

Chick Young is to St Mirren as Jim Traynor is to Airdrie. :rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
07-02-2020, 08:25 PM
Chick Young is to St Mirren as Jim Traynor is to Airdrie. :rolleyes:

Yes, that's my point.

jacomo
07-02-2020, 09:53 PM
He might be wealthy but he's not stupid.

Don’t think Stewart has anything to fear. Traynor won’t sue because the story is basically true. BBC have been bullied here.

Hibbyradge
07-02-2020, 09:57 PM
Don’t think Stewart has anything to fear. Traynor won’t sue because the story is basically true. BBC have been bullied here.

Basically true means nothing.

Stewart said that Traynor manufactures problems for his club so that they subcontract him to fix those problems.

I doubt that would be easy to prove, if at all.

Biggie
07-02-2020, 10:13 PM
Whatever mikey Stewart said true or not, he may well be alienating himself from any broadcaster in scotland as they all **** themselves at the thought of calling out either side of the old firm.
Thing is he's a breath of fresh air.

NAE NOOKIE
07-02-2020, 11:19 PM
Stewart is a disgrace, riding roughshod over 50 odd years of Scottish football tradition by refusing to bend over and just take it. Even worse, saying what the fans are thinking as well. Shame on him.

jacomo
07-02-2020, 11:31 PM
Basically true means nothing.

Stewart said that Traynor manufactures problems for his club so that they subcontract him to fix those problems.

I doubt that would be easy to prove, if at all.

Assuming Traynor did plant the car tampering story, there will be evidence.

The 90+2
08-02-2020, 01:02 AM

There will be. He is able to bully himself out of it though. BBC **** themselves as do sky who’ve been given a transcript from Traynor for the interview. They are that scared of him and the huns they will always back down. Same as Jackson/Traynor must have had evidence of all the Rangers players being assaulted on the day of the greatest game in history. Do they ever get pulled up? No. They are scared. It’s mental.
Mikey isn’t going to go back there with his tail between his legs either. He’s not that type of person.

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2020, 07:22 AM
Can someone put a list up why they think the BBC Scotland and Sky are scared of sevco.

I understand why the BBC act like they do, as i feel that institution is infiltrated by huns, who set the agenda about what they deem ok to say.

But Sky shouldn't be scared about anything they say about either cheeks, unless its to do with viewers, except they have a monopoly on that next season?

Stonewall
08-02-2020, 07:25 AM
I’m maybe being naive, but I’m basing my thoughts by asking myself if the BBC were that afraid of upsetting Rangers, or assisting in spreading their narrative, then why would they themselves refuse to broadcast or send journalists to Ibrox for the last three years after the fallout with Chris McLaughlin?

I just think suggesting Rangers are in control of media outlets like the BBC is probably far from the case and really giving them more credit for influence than they actually do.

I don’t think the BBC had any choice but to react as they did after McLaughlin was banned. However, that doesn’t mean that they wouldn’t want to normalise their relationship with Rangers. If The BBC wanted to go to war they would have escalated the issue by refusing to cover Rangers at all. Who knows what communication there is between Rangers and the BBC in the background but it’s not a big leap to conclude that Rangers are keeping this going for their own reasons. That is controlling the narrative and flow of stories to the media and keeping the the clan base onside with the ridiculous everyone is against us fantasy.

Control over media outlets is not how I see it, but they certainly control individual journalists within organisations such as the Record. In return for towing the party line they are given access to stories and players. This is what the whole succulent lamb business was about. David Murray took a whole load of so called journalist to his property on Jersey and outlined the terms of their doing business with Rangers. Graham Speirs was there and has regularly spoken of what happened and his regret at having taken part.

The media outlets know that Rangers sells papers, provides audiences, fills column inches and airtime and so to a greater or lesser extent go along with it. Michael Stewart broke ranks and unfortunately did it in a clumsy and ill considered way.

FilipinoHibs
08-02-2020, 07:33 AM
I don’t think the BBC had any choice but to react as they did after McLaughlin was banned. However, that doesn’t mean that they wouldn’t want to normalise their relationship with Rangers. If The BBC wanted to go to war they would have escalated the issue by refusing to cover Rangers at all. Who knows what communication there is between Rangers and the BBC in the background but it’s not a big leap to conclude that Rangers are keeping this going for their own reasons. That is controlling the narrative and flow of stories to the media and keeping the the clan base onside with the ridiculous everyone is against us fantasy.

Control over media outlets is not how I see it, but they certainly control individual journalists within organisations such as the Record. In return for towing the party line they are given access to stories and players. This is what the whole succulent lamb business was about. David Murray took a whole load of so called journalist to his property on Jersey and outlined the terms of their doing business with Rangers. Graham Speirs was there and has regularly spoken of what happened and his regret at having taken part.

The media outlets know that Rangers sells papers, provides audiences, fills column inches and airtime and so to a greater or lesser extent go along with it. Michael Stewart broke ranks and unfortunately did it in a clumsy and ill considered way.

Let's say Sky said the translation was provided by Rangers Media dept. Rangers would cut off access to Sky apart what they are legally obliged to do in the TV contract. SKY have bought the SPL for the old firm and half their potential audience would find their offering less attractive and some may even boycott the SPL package.

CentreLine
08-02-2020, 08:31 AM
Let's say Sky said the translation was provided by Rangers Media dept. Rangers would cut off access to Sky apart what they are legally obliged to do in the TV contract. SKY have bought the SPL for the old firm and half their potential audience would find their offering less attractive and some may even boycott the SPL package.

I can’t help but feel Sky have more clout here than The Rangers. BBC was an easy target as their contribution to the game here is minimal. Sky, on the other hand, have a sufficiently big focus on The Rangers that the new club could not afford to blackball them, especially as BT Sport will no longer be covering Scottish football

FilipinoHibs
08-02-2020, 08:38 AM
I can’t help but feel Sky have more clout here than The Rangers. BBC was an easy target as their contribution to the game here is minimal. Sky, on the other hand, have a sufficiently big focus on The Rangers that the new club could not afford to blackball them, especially as BT Sport will no longer be covering Scottish football

Why don't SKY just come out and say who they got the translation from. SKY will be locked into a contract and can't just jump ship. They are protecting their investment.

Hibbyradge
08-02-2020, 08:42 AM

Assumptions are not proof.

Can you imagine the cost of trying to gather enough evidence to prove that Traynor deliberately "stokes division and fires" do he can be subcontracted to sort them out?

It's not a court of law, no-one can be forced to testify or swear an oath.

Even if Traynor did create the tampering story, he can just say that he was reporting an incident and speculating about it.

Snaring a weasel like Traynor takes planning and tactics, not an angry, spontaneous outburst on live radio.

If proving Stewart right was do easy, why has he not commented since? He's not usually one to keep quiet about controversy.

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2020, 09:00 AM
Traynor said as much if not worse than Stewart every week, when he was on the radio on off the ball.

Although we may not have the proof on what Stewart said, when did that ever matter when football fans were discussing football?

How many times do we need to say that some folk need to grow a backbone? Sevco SFA BBC SKY, FFS when are we going to stand up against these bully's and stop accepting they can do what they like when they like.

Hibbyradge
08-02-2020, 09:34 AM
Traynor said as much if not worse than Stewart every week, when he was on the radio on off the ball.

Although we may not have the proof on what Stewart said, when did that ever matter when football fans were discussing football?

How many times do we need to say that some folk need to grow a backbone? Sevco SFA BBC SKY, FFS when are we going to stand up against these bully's and stop accepting they can do what they like when they like.

Whatboutery isn't useful.

However, I can't remember anything Traynor said although he did try to stoke controversy. I don't remember him getting close to slandering any individuals though.

The thing is, Stewart is not a BBC employee so they don't have any need to get into a legal battle.

I follow Michael Stewart on Twitter. Your comments about backbone must surely apply to him too because he's not uttered a peep about the incident.

I agree that the bullies should be challenged, but it needs to be done in the right way otherwise they'll just become even more powerful.

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2020, 09:41 AM
Whatboutery isn't useful.

I agree, but it's what fuels the bigot brothers.

However, I can't remember anything Traynor said although he did try to stoke controversy. I don't remember him getting close to slandering any individuals though.

Me neither, but i'd bet he did lie and lie through his teeth many times on that show.

The thing is, Stewart is not a BBC employee so they don't have any need to get into a legal battle.

I know he's not an employee, self employed i'd guess, makes no difference to me, it's the way sevco have their mitts into every organization, pulling strings that 99% of us would object to, it shouldnt happen or be allowed.

I follow Michael Stewart on Twitter. Your comments about backbone must surely apply to him too because he's not uttered a peep about the incident.

He's thanked folk for their support, and also posted it in spanish i think so not to let it get what he said, lost in translation. :greengrin

jacomo
08-02-2020, 09:43 AM
“On this occasion we did not adhere to our editorial values and standards and we have reminded those concerned of their responsibility to follow our guidelines while working for the BBC.”

Hmm... can’t help but think of the media pile on orchestrated by Jim Traynor that followed the 2016 cup final. We didn’t get much right of reply then.

We all know how it works in Scotland, well played Michael Stewart for calling it out.

Spike Mandela
08-02-2020, 09:48 AM
“They’ll slip into liquidation within the next couple of weeks with a new company emerging but 140 years of history, triumph and tears, will have ended. No matter how Charles Green attempts to dress it up, a newco equals a new club. When the CVA was thrown out Rangers as we know them died. They were closed and a newco must start from scratch.”
Jim Traynor, Daily Record 13th June 2012

EI255
08-02-2020, 10:23 AM

What a ****ing joke. Back to OF sycophants who tow the party line.If this is true then that is simply outrageous!

Michael Stewart has the full backing of every decent supporter.

BBC have to question THEMSELVES.

*** joke.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Brizo
08-02-2020, 12:24 PM
Traynor finally pressed his self destruct button with the BBC when he defended The Famine Song and its sentiments during his phone in and was totally shown up to be the bigot he is by a particularly articulate caller. He was forced to apologise on air but I don't recall any disciplinary action by the BBC. He left the station shortly after and whether there was any connection to his defence of TFS, the public reaction by the BBC to Traynor and Stewarts comments was night and day.

Unfortunately on this occasion the volatility which marked Stewarts fitba career has followed him into his pundit career. He's previously successfully highlighted the bigotry which surrounds der hun and shown up the BBC RSC of Kenny McIntyre, Doddsy, Boydy and Ferguson as the inarticulate hun loving lapdogs they are. On this occasion his inability to contain his anger at social media abuse he received saw him cross a line which gave the Ibrox PR dept an open goal.

Hopefully he'll be back soon but looking at how the BBC treated Graham Spiers and Jim Spence, previous outspoken critics of the huns, if they do invite him back I doubt it will be with the same high profile role

gaz1875
08-02-2020, 01:15 PM
There's a petition on the go, get it signed!!

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-scotland-bbc-scotland-reinstate-michael-stewart?recruiter=21801671&recruited_by_id=c0c618a0-f751-012f-2358-4040496dcccb&share_bandit_exp=message-20197986-en-GB&share_bandit_var=v2

Diclonius
08-02-2020, 01:15 PM
Is he on today?

Keith_M
08-02-2020, 01:20 PM
It's funny that Craig Whyte has released an autobiography this week which includes the same accusations against Jim Traynor as the ones that got MS the heave-ho.

Is It On....
08-02-2020, 01:21 PM

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-scotland-bbc-scotland-reinstate-michael-stewart?recruiter=21801671&recruited_by_id=c0c618a0-f751-012f-2358-4040496dcccb&share_bandit_exp=message-20197986-en-GB&share_bandit_var=v2

Just signed it

Keith_M
08-02-2020, 01:22 PM
“They’ll slip into liquidation within the next couple of weeks with a new company emerging but 140 years of history, triumph and tears, will have ended. No matter how Charles Green attempts to dress it up, a newco equals a new club. When the CVA was thrown out Rangers as we know them died. They were closed and a newco must start from scratch.”
Jim Traynor, Daily Record 13th June 2012

I thought I should quote this, just so it's repeated as often as possible.

:wink:

Malthibby
08-02-2020, 01:23 PM

Signed.:agree:

green day
08-02-2020, 01:29 PM
https://twitter.com/GrahamSpiers/status/1226148881932705793?s=20

Keith_M
08-02-2020, 01:36 PM
https://twitter.com/GrahamSpiers/status/1226148881932705793?s=20

Spiers knows what he's talking about.

hibsbollah
08-02-2020, 01:42 PM
Spiers knows what he's talking about.

But look at the responses he's getting from the online Hun mob on twitter. You aren't allowed to have a view that isn't right up the ringpiece of the Hun without being attacked by the far right trolls and ostracised by the mainstream media.

Just_Jimmy
08-02-2020, 01:44 PM
If you have listened to the programme, you'll have noticed that Michael said Traynor is dishonest. You can't say that.You can when it's true.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

green day
08-02-2020, 02:00 PM
But look at the responses he's getting from the online Hun mob on twitter. You aren't allowed to have a view that isn't right up the ringpiece of the Hun without being attacked by the far right trolls and ostracised by the mainstream media.

I commented back to GS about how he (Spiers), Jim Spence and MS were punted and us being left with the genius crew of Doddsy, Kenny Mac and Fergie on the Beeb.........it took less than 2 minutes for me to get abuse from Huns, so god knows what its like for these high profile types on twitter:confused:

hibsbollah
08-02-2020, 02:35 PM
I commented back to GS about how he (Spiers), Jim Spence and MS were punted and us being left with the genius crew of Doddsy, Kenny Mac and Fergie on the Beeb.........it took less than 2 minutes for me to get abuse from Huns, so god knows what its like for these high profile types on twitter:confused:

If I was a public figure there's no ****ing way I'd be on twitter. Life's too short to deal with sociopaths sitting in dark rooms in their underpants.

Hibbyradge
08-02-2020, 02:37 PM
He's thanked folk for their support, and also posted it in spanish i think so not to let it get what he said, lost in translation. :greengrin

I agree with you.

I think we're discussing different things. :greengrin

Anyway, it's run its course now. I'm oot!

Hibbyradge
08-02-2020, 02:40 PM
You can when it's true.

If you have proof that would stand up in court.

Just_Jimmy
08-02-2020, 03:32 PM
If you have proof that would stand up in court.Could Jimbo prove in court that what MS said wasn't? That's how it works.

prove it you usually have to show there's been a statement that is all of the following:

published
false
injurious
unprivileged

It was published, but spoken is less of an issue than written in the eye of the court. Can he prove it's false? Is the comments actually injurious? I don't think many people ACTUALLY think that highly on Trainor and those that hire him would, regardless of MS comments.

I doubt Jimbo would take it any further because he will never want to open everything he's ever written since he took that role to be true. We all know it's not.

Regardless, the BBC **** the bed. I'm bowing out as I never really intended to become involved in the debate as it simply doesn't interest me.

Cheers.

grunt
08-02-2020, 03:52 PM
If anyone is into petitions there's one here

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-scotland-bbc-scotland-reinstate-michael-stewart?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_20197986_en-GB%3Av1&recruited_by_id=bbd79170-49d5-11ea-a52f-d79f25083e7f&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&utm_term=psf_combo_share_initial

The Count
09-02-2020, 10:52 AM
BBC pundits

Rae ex hun
Derek Ferguson ex Hun
Barry Ferguson ex Hun
Billy Dodds ex Hun
Alan Preston ex Hun supporter
Willie Miller ex Hun supporter
Pat Bonner ex Celtic
Tam Mcmanus ex Hibs
Stephen Thompson good guy but ex Hun

Michael Stewart ex Free Spirit

Seems to me a bit unbalanced.

We need more free spirits in football broadcasting in Scotland

Diclonius
09-02-2020, 10:58 AM
Is he back on today?

7Hero
09-02-2020, 11:26 AM
BBC pundits

Rae ex hun
Derek Ferguson ex Hun
Barry Ferguson ex Hun
Billy Dodds ex Hun
Alan Preston ex Hun supporter
Willie Miller ex Hun supporter
Pat Bonner ex Celtic
Tam Mcmanus ex Hibs
Stephen Thompson good guy but ex Hun

Michael Stewart ex Free Spirit

Seems to me a bit unbalanced.

We need more free spirits in football broadcasting in Scotland

Prestons a massive Jambo, just five minutes with him proves this. So one less "hun" for you...

Kato
09-02-2020, 11:34 AM
Prestons a massive Jambo, just five minutes with him proves this. So one less "hun" for you...

On the Radio he's a jambo but is a Rangers supporter.

heretoday
09-02-2020, 12:01 PM

I don't mind Preston. He's got natural enthusiasm unlike the rest of the sleazy bunch who add nothing to our understanding or enjoyment of football.

Betty Boop
09-02-2020, 12:04 PM

Aye that's why he pays into Foundation of Hearts.

Kato
09-02-2020, 12:14 PM
Aye that's why he pays into Foundation of Hearts.

Does that make him a staunch Jambo? On of my best pals is Preston's cousin and I've been in his company a few times, AP supported Rangers as a boy and still has a non-media related "soft-spot" for them whatever the public persona he adopts on the radio.

Weegreenman
09-02-2020, 12:42 PM
I like Michael Stewart but him and Thommo’s constant bickering “banter” starts to ware after a while. I respect that both talk a lot of sense and hope that the BBC come to their senses. You got to play the game if your mixing in them circles I’m afraid. Strange bunch.

Dave spart
09-02-2020, 01:21 PM
Dodds is a complete prat and all Stewart wants to talk about is Hearts. Preston is a slavering eijit

Kato
09-02-2020, 01:23 PM
Dodds is a complete prat and all Stewart wants to talk about is a Hearts. Preston is a slavering eijit

That's a great first post. :aok:

Hibbyradge
09-02-2020, 01:29 PM

It's unlikely that it's his first post. :hmmm:

SanFranHibs

He has a great .Net career ahead of him.

:greengrin

Hibbyradge
He has a great .Net career ahead of him.

:greengrin

Short, but awesome.

Dave spart
09-02-2020, 02:07 PM
No it’s my first post. Must admit the most annoying characters are the wee knyaff that introduces the program and Preston, who comes over a border lined deranged Jambo.

Cataplana
09-02-2020, 02:51 PM
No it’s my first post. Must admit the most annoying characters are the wee knyaff that introduces the program and Preston, who comes over a border lined deranged Jambo.

Great user name. 😁

Carheenlea
09-02-2020, 03:03 PM
Listening to Sportsound on way back live from Clyde v Celtic. Pundits were Pat Bonner and Murdo McLeod. Pathetic.

Frazerbob
09-02-2020, 03:09 PM

Preston and Hearts is like a Yogi and Hibs. They grew up supporting the Huns & Celtc respectively but changed to support Hearts & Hibs.

overdrive
09-02-2020, 03:32 PM
Preston and Hearts is like a Yogi and Hibs. They grew up supporting the Huns & Celtc respectively but changed to support Hearts & Hibs.

They are cousins as well aren’t they?

Carheenlea
09-02-2020, 09:39 PM
Sportscene was hard work to watch. Marvin Bartley is a beginner to be fair, but he was so wooden and didn’t look comfortable, while Neil McCann was passable, but not the most engaging of pundits. You could feel Jonathon Sutherlands pain in attempting to extract some decent television out the pair of them.

FilipinoHibs
09-02-2020, 11:33 PM

A hun at school but now a Jambo.

FilipinoHibs
09-02-2020, 11:34 PM

😄

basehibby
10-02-2020, 09:26 AM
The BBC obviously care more about kissing Jim Traynors despicable arse than maintaining any level of quality in the viewer experience. So no surprises theree then!

Stewart is/was far and away their most watchable pundit - cowardly decision to ditch him.

Gypsy King
10-02-2020, 10:01 AM
Its a strange one, I cant really understand how they can justify a suspension for Stewart. It reeks of an old boys club mentality.

IMO Michael Stewart is the best pundit In Scotland and gives a fair evaluation regardless of who he is talking about.

Not really surprising though it wouldn't be unlike the BBC to not want people who offer a balanced and reasonable viewpoint that might differ from popular opinion.

greenlex
10-02-2020, 10:17 AM
All the BBC needed to do was have a statement with regard the comments being Stewart’s own opinion and not that of the BBC. Explain to Stewart why he can’t be ranting like that and leaving them open to litigation. That was all. Job done and everyone moves on. Whether Stewart’s opinion is wrong or right is neither here nor there.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 10:28 AM
All the BBC needed to do was have a statement with regard the comments being Stewart’s own opinion and not that of the BBC. Explain to Stewart why he can’t be ranting like that and leaving them open to litigation. That was all. Job done and everyone moves on. Whether Stewart’s opinion is wrong or right is neither here nor there.

It don't think it works like that, Lex.

A bookshop could be sued for stocking a publication which was libellous even though they don't necessarily echo the sentiments within.

KingPat4
10-02-2020, 12:59 PM
Has Stewart been suspended or dropped completely?

Billy Whizz
10-02-2020, 01:00 PM
Has Stewart been suspended or dropped completely?

I’m not sure if he’s an employee of the Beeb or freelance, which means they can’t suspend him, just not ask him to be on air

malcolm
10-02-2020, 03:24 PM
It don't think it works like that, Lex.

A bookshop could be sued for stocking a publication which was libellous even though they don't necessarily echo the sentiments within.

Agree in the context of a broadcast and a comment made during it, that the broadcaster or the commenter as a primary publishers could be sued (you’d pick the one with biggest pockets) but don’t believe it applies now to a bookshop as a secondary publisher who would not be pursued unless it is reasonably impractical to pursue a primary publisher. So I expect that a broadcaster will undoubtedly have a damage limitation policy ready in the event of the production team flagging an issue that occurs in a live broadcast, e.g. an apology of some kind to be rolled out.

I suspect though that rather than any need to head off litigation, if MS has been dropped for short or long term it owes more to a need to remind all staff and freelancers of the rules of play or it has a more ‘political’ aspect.

Betty Boop
10-02-2020, 05:29 PM
https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18224404.boy-12-charged-alleged-racist-incidents-towards-rangers-player-old-firm/

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 05:34 PM
https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18224404.boy-12-charged-alleged-racist-incidents-towards-rangers-player-old-firm/

Convenient that he can't be named.

Just joining in with the tin foil brigade.

B.H.F.C
10-02-2020, 05:38 PM

I wonder if Celtic will issue an apology to ‘Mr Morellos’ as they were so keen for Sky to do in their last statement.

Innocent until proven guilty I suppose.

Sevco statement incoming I imagine.

The 90+2
10-02-2020, 05:41 PM
Thousands and thousands of the chanting religious hate but one wee laddie gets arrested aye?

Dinkydoo
10-02-2020, 05:43 PM
https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18224404.boy-12-charged-alleged-racist-incidents-towards-rangers-player-old-firm/This is very ****ing convenient. They manage to find evidence of a 12 year old that can't be named being racist, after an interview naming Celtic in the translation was proved to be quite bogus...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
10-02-2020, 07:50 PM
This is very ****ing convenient. They manage to find evidence of a 12 year old that can't be named being racist, after an interview naming Celtic in the translation was proved to be quite bogus...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200210/577912e6aa83c26c91531713c3eaee88.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200210/0355e577e9c6f35b4b450ffb1c39d2c0.jpg

Very understanding of Sevco.

Eyrie
10-02-2020, 07:57 PM

I'm surprised that there's a spare place on their courses when there are 50k home fans already there to learn why "sectarian abuse is unacceptable".

Torto7
10-02-2020, 08:05 PM
Stewart was quite right in describing Jabba as a dangerous individual. One thing Murray largely managed to achieve was to keep the real fruit loops in their support at bay.

Jabba's press releases are sounding more and more Trump like.

green day
That Sevco statement demonstrates exactly what Stewarr was saying about Traynor.

He is a dangerous and manipulative individual treating racism and sectarianism as a game.

Ozyhibby
I'm surprised that there's a spare place on their courses when there are 50k home fans already there to learn why "sectarian abuse is unacceptable".

Also looks like they have pre judged the guilt of the 12 year old. Hope the wee man has good lawyers.

The 90+2
10-02-2020, 08:08 PM
That Sevco statement demonstrates exactly what Stewarr was saying about Traynor.

He is a dangerous and manipulative individual treating racism and sectarianism as a game.

Yep. You would think he would keep it dignified but that’s not Traynors style.

The 90+2
10-02-2020, 08:09 PM
Also looks like they have pre judged the guilt of the 12 year old. Hope the wee man has good lawyers.

Celtic should be hiring one for him.

Dinkydoo
10-02-2020, 08:12 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThe initial interview didn't even mention Celtic although the translation correlated the abuse to them, there is a subsequent investigation which finds a 12 yr old to be guilty of racism at a Celtic game, the article explains how disturbed Morelos' family life is due to all of this, but only after a dodgy article is posted in the media falsey claiming the 'Rangers Star' to be the centre of an attempted murder - which turned out to be his own wife investigating due to suspicions Morelos was cheating on her, whilst pregnant.

There's a relevant Chewin' the Fat gif somewhere. The whole thing reeks of *****.

JimBHibees
10-02-2020, 08:15 PM

So let's get this right at an old firm game where there must have been thousands of people shouting vile obscenities the police decide to charge a 12 year old, excuse me when I say wtf. Seems quite convenient timing imo.

Torto7
10-02-2020, 08:18 PM
Morelos made some throat cut sign at Celtic fans I think? Was it this 12 year old?

Police Scotland are reeking of masons. See the overreaction/harassment dished out to us after the 3-2 game.

10-02-2020, 08:27 PM
Can’t wait for the contrarians to explain the legality of the latest cretinous statement from the huns.

Sir David Gray
10-02-2020, 08:39 PM

Everyone Anyone campaign, Ibrox open to all, anti-sectarianism course....

Is this a wind up? :faf:

spikeymike
10-02-2020, 08:40 PM
Maybe they could get their own fans to attend the courses so they could refrain from chucking cups filled with urine at hibs supporters

Tyler Durden
10-02-2020, 08:41 PM
You have to wonder who is advising Morelos, as he is being used as a pawn in this nonsense. Does he genuinely believe that there is some campaign of hate against him? Bizarre stuff

Cataplana
10-02-2020, 08:43 PM
It's almost like Jabba creates a **** storm in the media, then gets on the phone to King, telling him he's going to be busy for a few weeks.

Time somebody called him out on the radio.

:timebomb:

Pretty Boy
10-02-2020, 08:43 PM
I almost admire the absolute hypocrisy of Rangers. It's on show in everything they do and otherwise intelligent people either don't notice it or choose not to.

In many ways they are only doing what we all would if we could get away with it.

10-02-2020, 08:45 PM
I almost admire the absolute hypocrisy of Rangers. It's on show in everything they do and otherwise intelligent people either don't notice it or choose not to.

In many ways they are only doing what we all would if we could get away with it.

It’s literally the trump playbook. Frightening stuff.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 09:51 PM
Can’t wait for the contrarians to explain the legality of the latest cretinous statement from the huns.

Is it illegal? :dunno:

Hibbyradge
10-02-2020, 09:52 PM

It's unbelievable. Truly incredible.

JimBHibees
10-02-2020, 10:12 PM

They could make an absolute fortune out of that course by charging every season ticket holder a fiver to attend. Would soon clear their enormous debt.

JimBHibees
10-02-2020, 10:15 PM

Yep the bigger the lie the more likely they are to get away with it. Authorities both football, political and policing should hang their heads in absolute shame that they are able to get away with this in such a public manner.

Iggy Pope
10-02-2020, 10:27 PM

Is it maybe Everyone Anyone that got her up the duff? Makes sense.

DstN75
10-02-2020, 10:29 PM
Stewart is the only pundit with precisely the right level of naivety to do this, for which I suppose he deserves some credit.

Ozyhibby
10-02-2020, 10:43 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200210/3b42789687ea5870ff5a2c95fb166a31.plist
Two footed tackle by Spiers.

The 90+2
10-02-2020, 10:47 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200210/3b42789687ea5870ff5a2c95fb166a31.plist

Get in there Spiers. Unfortunately we won’t ever hear from him in Scottish broadcast media ever again now.

Iggy Pope
10-02-2020, 10:52 PM

Left his foot in as well.

CMurdoch
10-02-2020, 10:54 PM

A beautiful wee dig from the boy Spiersy there

JJP
10-02-2020, 10:58 PM
These Traynor statement are so amateur. Traynor must be the worst PR guy to have ever worked in the profession. He is consistently spoken about rather than being in the shadows and every time he issues one of these statements he makes Sevco look even more like an unprofessional and vindictive outfit to any rational observer. Says it all about that club that they continue to allow him to vent like this in an official capacity.

Waxy
10-02-2020, 11:08 PM
Ffs Rangers get rid of Traynor, stop being bigots, join us all in the future.

jacomo
11-02-2020, 07:21 AM
Stewart was quite right in describing Jabba as a dangerous individual. One thing Murray largely managed to achieve was to keep the real fruit loops in their support at bay.

Jabba's press releases are sounding more and more Trump like.

From the start, the Sevco business model has been to rev them up with tales of injustice, hatred and punishment.

Traynor has been at the heart of it.

The Count
11-02-2020, 07:29 AM
When you read statements like that from the Rangers it just makes me exasperated and sad that in Scotland in the year 2020 we are still have people like Taylor in positions of power.Very sad.

JimBHibees
Thousands and thousands of the chanting religious hate but one wee laddie gets arrested aye?

Absolutely beyond belief this.

Hibbyradge
These Traynor statement are so amateur. Traynor must be the worst PR guy to have ever worked in the profession. He is consistently spoken about rather than being in the shadows and every time he issues one of these statements he makes Sevco look even more like an unprofessional and vindictive outfit to any rational observer. Says it all about that club that they continue to allow him to vent like this in an official capacity.

It doesn't matter what he looks like to anyone outside of their club. He's not talking to us.

Like Trump, he's merely keeping his own people on board and stoking their resentment.

Whether that's by design or accident is anyone's guess, but it's doing the job.

JimBHibees
11-02-2020, 07:36 AM
Get in there Spiers. Unfortunately we won’t ever hear from him in Scottish broadcast media ever again now.

Agree he is one of the very few shining lights in the media that can actually hold their heads up with regard to Rangers. Another person treated abominably and bullied even more courageous given his Rangers upbringing.

Bostonhibby
11-02-2020, 07:36 AM
Morelos made some throat cut sign at Celtic fans I think? Was it this 12 year old?

Police Scotland are reeking of masons. See the overreaction/harassment dished out to us after the 3-2 game.We ruined their Lodge party at Ibrox after the 2016 cup final and most of them were caught heading to the venue when they should have been acting like police officers at hampden.

There weren't even enough of them to stop Scottish cup supporters and west of Scotland FC supporters invading the pitch and attacking exuberant Hibs fans.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
11-02-2020, 07:45 AM
When you read statements like that from the Rangers it just makes me exasperated and sad that in Scotland in the year 2020 we are still have people like Traynor in positions of power.Very sad.

Totally agree.

jacomo
11-02-2020, 09:09 AM
It doesn't matter what he looks like to anyone outside of their club. He's not talking to us.

Like Trump, he's merely keeping his own people on board and stoking their resentment.

Whether that's by design or accident is anyone's guess, but it's doing the job.

I think Traynor’s motivations are personal: both financial, and to cover his embarrassment at declaring Rangers deid.

He doesn’t care what damage he causes.

As I said above, Michael Stewart should challenge Traynor to sue him if he thinks he has been defamed. It’s all hot air and bluster.

Jones28
11-02-2020, 09:48 AM

Ooft, studs up an all

Betty Boop
11-02-2020, 10:10 AM
Graham Spiers more faces than the town hall clock.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_mt4BFXUAArJA5.jpg

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2020, 10:12 AM

Looks like a wind up to me.:confused:

Rumble de Thump
11-02-2020, 10:12 AM
Sevco's statements are consistently riddled with lies and inaccuracies, and designed to stoke up more hatred of others from its follow followers. The football authorities should have hammered them for it a long time ago but they chose not to and have allowed them to do it time and time again.

Peevemor
11-02-2020, 10:13 AM

Possiby, but this photo's obviously a stitch-up.

stoneyburn hibs
11-02-2020, 10:15 AM

Spiers is ok, certainly not afraid to criticise the team he supports.

EI255
11-02-2020, 10:32 AM
You sometimes have to wonder why successful graduates follow pi5h football teams and make a career out of the sport. Especially in a country like Scotland.

Jones28
11-02-2020, 10:33 AM

He’s never hidden the fact he’s a Rangers supporter.

All the more respect to him for it.

EI255
11-02-2020, 10:34 AM
He’s never hidden the fact he’s a Rangers supporter.

All the more respect to him for it.The words Respect and Rangers do not go.

JeMeSouviens
11-02-2020, 10:38 AM

You do realise that the point of this hilarious meme is that Spiers is 2 faced because he's supposed to be a Rangers fan but he calls them out for sectarianism etc. ?

And you think that's a bad thing? :confused:

Jones28
11-02-2020, 10:56 AM
The words Respect and Rangers do not go.

If it’s a prominent journalist who calls out the team he supports/supported for their sectarianism and bile then it can.

delbert
11-02-2020, 11:23 AM
Ffs Rangers get rid of Traynor, stop being bigots, join us all in the future.

The future ??!! If they ever make it into something even remotely resembling the present, it will be a bloody miracle !!

Deansy
11-02-2020, 11:36 AM
Meanwhile, the Hun aren't winning the league - this season or next !. Jabba's gonna have his work cut out to distract the 'Moron Loyal' from that little issue !

CMurdoch
11-02-2020, 11:36 AM
From the start, the Sevco business model has been to rev them up with tales of injustice, hatred and punishment.

Traynor has been at the heart of it.

It seems to be the modern model for the powerful.

Rangers do it
Celtic do it
Trump does it
Johnston does it

One word for it is NASTY.

Cataplana
11-02-2020, 11:50 AM
Sevco's statements are consistently riddled with lies and inaccuracies, and designed to stoke up more hatred of others from its follow followers. The football authorities should have hammered them for it a long time ago but they chose not to and have allowed them to do it time and time again.

Maybe so, but what is truly unacceptable is their poor syntax and punctuation.

Sprouleflyer
11-02-2020, 12:06 PM
The lad has only been charged, yet the huns statement has already found him guilty with their "offer" of accommodating him through one of their courses designed to help people understand why racist and sectarian abuse is unacceptable.

I am surprised that they have free places within these courses!

hibsbollah
11-02-2020, 01:14 PM
The lad has only been charged, yet the huns statement has already found him guilty with their "offer" of accommodating him through one of their courses designed to help people understand why racist and sectarian abuse is unacceptable.

I am surprised that they have free places within these courses!

Going to Ibrox to do a anti prejudice course? I have a vision of Jabba Traynor with Princess Leia chained up, putting his captives down the secret dungeon to be eaten by the rankor.

KingPat4
11-02-2020, 01:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IhlZ6aLgTQ&t=245s

A year ago. So unfair. Infamy, infamy!

Groathillgrump
11-02-2020, 02:00 PM

It's true. They even produced a video to promote their campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX7abtLC7Ac

I didn't know whether to laugh or puke.

KingPat4
11-02-2020, 02:08 PM

Jaysus wept.........,

Peevemor
11-02-2020, 02:13 PM

They showed that at half time on Sevco TV during our recent match. I thought it was a spoof at first.

Groathillgrump
11-02-2020, 02:48 PM
They showed that at half time on Sevco TV during our recent match. I thought it was a spoof at first.

Aye, that's where I saw it too.

The brief must've been to cram as many minorities and assorted stereotypes as possible into a 3 minute video.

The thing is, most organisations would probably be congratulated on making that sort of video to promote inclusivity. But that lot? Nah! :bitchy:

poolman
11-02-2020, 05:00 PM
Mind boggling coming from that lot

JeMeSouviens
11-02-2020, 05:02 PM

Good god, is that a hostage video?

Ozyhibby
11-02-2020, 05:32 PM
https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/11/celtic-refusing-to-co-operate-with-sky-sports-after-morelos-mistranslation-interview?__twitter_impression=true

Celtic refusing to work with Sky.

Alan62
11-02-2020, 07:03 PM

I kept thinking somebody would pop out towards the end and say '...except you, ya F3nian b4st4rd!' While we should applaud any club that tries to stamp out racism and bigotry, you have to wonder if this is just a wee smoke screen to suggest that they're trying while business as usual continues in the stands.

hibsbollah
11-02-2020, 07:16 PM
I kept thinking somebody would pop out towards the end and say '...except you, ya F3nian b4st4rd!' .

:faf: me too

Groathillgrump
11-02-2020, 07:24 PM
I kept thinking somebody would pop out towards the end and say '...except you, ya F3nian b4st4rd!' While we should applaud any club that tries to stamp out racism and bigotry, you have to wonder if this is just a wee smoke screen to suggest that they're trying while business as usual continues in the stands.

That's exactly how I see it, Alan. It's a vehicle to deflect attention away from the rampant sectarianism that exists at Ibrox.

It'll never work as long as there's 50,000 bigots belting out songs about being up to their knees in fenian blood. :rolleyes:

Viva_Palmeiras
11-02-2020, 07:32 PM
Smart move - now they can allege it’s just the others that don’t want to work with us...

KWJ
11-02-2020, 07:36 PM
Fair play to them on making the video but it's been up for months and barely got 10k views. For everyone, anyone unless you're what they fancy singing and abusing that day.

Keith_M
11-02-2020, 08:01 PM
Fair play to them on making the video but it's been up for months and barely got 10k views. For everyone, anyone unless you're what they fancy singing and abusing that day.

You're more generous than me, because all I see is a PR stunt from Sectarian FC.

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-02-2020, 08:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IhlZ6aLgTQ&t=245s

A year ago. So unfair. Infamy, infamy!

What a complete and utter ****er he is

Rumble de Thump
11-02-2020, 08:26 PM
Does Traynor have any journalism or PR qualifications?

HoboHarry
11-02-2020, 08:31 PM
What a complete and utter ****er he is
It's just impossible to take him seriously and a fair portion of the blame should be given to Sevco for giving the buffoon the platform to air his nonsense.

Frogga
11-02-2020, 09:26 PM
It seems to be the modern model for the powerful.

Rangers do it
Celtic do it
Trump does it
Johnston does it

One word for it is NASTY.You're so right. What Traynor is doing IS basically what Trump is doing - unite the followers in a mass frenzy against the media and create/exaggerate enemies. It's all propaganda and the vast majority of their fans are too stupid to think for themselves. It's all been heading in a ridiculously poisonous direction since Traynor took hold. It's sport, not politics ffs!

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
11-02-2020, 09:33 PM
Does Traynor have any journalism or PR qualifications?

He won’t have any PR qualifications or background I’m sure. A long career in newspapers would give him some knowledge on how a big club like Rangers could use the written press to their advantage, but he is a relic from the days of smoke filled offices and long boozy lunches, and the newspaper game, and media in general has moved on. Grizzled old hacks like Traynor should be nowhere near a PR job at a top football club like Rangers, but as we know, Rangers are a club who have little appetite to drag themselves into modern day standards and thinking.

FilipinoHibs
11-02-2020, 10:17 PM
https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/11/celtic-refusing-to-co-operate-with-sky-sports-after-morelos-mistranslation-interview?__twitter_impression=true

Celtic refusing to work with Sky.

Hope there is an OFCOM investigation as it will get to the bottom of where the translation came from.

Smartie
11-02-2020, 10:21 PM
Hope there us an OFCOM investigation as it will get to the bottom of where the translation came from.

Celtic aren’t daft.

At the very least they’re driving a wedge between Sevco and their most saleable asset. At most they’re about to shine a torchlight on extremely shady media manipulation that their biggest rivals have been able to get away with for decades.

The green bigots sure don’t like being called out as bigots.

The 90+2
11-02-2020, 10:27 PM
Celtic aren’t daft.

At the very least they’re driving a wedge between Sevco and their most saleable asset. At most they’re about to shine a torchlight on extremely shady media manipulation that their biggest rivals have been able to get away with for decades.

The green bigots sure don’t like being called out as bigots.

I’m hoping it all doesn’t get swept under the carpet because it could get extremely tasty.

11-02-2020, 11:09 PM
Has there been an explanation why it took nearly 6 weeks for the story re the 12 year old boy to come out / the police to charge him?

What a coincidence re the timing.

The 90+2
11-02-2020, 11:32 PM
Has there been an explanation why it took nearly 6 weeks for the story re the 12 year old boy to come out / the police to charge him?

What a coincidence re the timing.

I don’t think that information would be allowed to be released until after trial/children’s panel.

Diclonius
11-02-2020, 11:36 PM
Was Stewart on Sportsound tonight?

12-02-2020, 12:16 AM
I don’t think that information would be allowed to be released until after trial/children’s panel.

It just strikes me as suspicious as to why the story came out when it did. I want Michael Stewart back on the radio asking why are we only just finding about this incident that took place on 29th December.

The 90+2
12-02-2020, 12:36 AM
It just strikes me as suspicious as to why the story came out when it did. I want Michael Stewart back on the radio asking why are we only just finding about this incident that took place on 29th December.

Of course and I’m in complete agreement with you. It’s more than suspicious and the wee lad is being made a patsy. There’s no way information on the case will be released before conviction/acquittal though.

The 90+2
12-02-2020, 12:36 AM
Was Stewart on Sportsound tonight?

Nah.

Kato
12-02-2020, 12:47 AM

What a coincidence re the timing.One scenario..

The mistranslation comes to light leaving the buns looking like diddys

An enraged obese person contracted at Ibrox contacts a sympathetic rozzer and demands that the match footage is forensicly scrutinised and that something resembling racist language is discovered

Rozzers come up with meagre evidence of wee laddie mouthing something

Enraged obese person acts as judge and jury on club website, imagines that job is done (it's not they just look like petty, conspiratorial, Masonic diddies)

Maybe a bit extreme and over-dramatic but we are dealing with extreme drama queens.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
12-02-2020, 01:18 AM
One scenario..

The mistranslation comes to light leaving the buns looking like diddys

An enraged obese person contracted at Ibrox contacts a sympathetic rozzer and demands that the match footage is forensicly scrutinised and that something resembling racist language is discovered

Rozzers come up with meagre evidence of wee laddie mouthing something

Enraged obese person acts as judge and jury on club website, imagines that job is done (it's not they just look like petty, conspiratorial, Masonic diddies)

Maybe a bit extreme and over-dramatic but we are dealing with extreme drama queens.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
Nope, not at all - you are probably fairly close to the mark regarding the spherical Govan based buffoon.

WestCoastHibby
12-02-2020, 04:37 AM
James "zzzzzzz" McFadden ...

Great player, snoozefest of a pundit

JeMeSouviens
12-02-2020, 07:33 AM
You're more generous than me, because all I see is a PR stunt from Sectarian FC.

Exactly. For it to carry any weight their “campaign” would have to acknowledge and apologise for their longstanding bigotry/racism problem, not pretend they never had one!

Ozyhibby
12-02-2020, 09:26 AM
James "zzzzzzz" McFadden ...

Great player, snoozefest of a pundit

Wasn’t even that good a player.

Northernhibee
12-02-2020, 10:33 AM
Tell you what, when they do win the league (which they will do at some point) it'll be ten times worse. Brexit has shown that if you get a lot of people angry about something, they remain angry even when they get what they want but they seem to want to rub it in other peoples faces.

Cataplana
12-02-2020, 10:41 AM
Tell you what, when they do win the league (which they will do at some point) it'll be ten times worse. Brexit has shown that if you get a lot of people angry about something, they remain angry even when they get what they want but they seem to want to rub it in other peoples faces.

They have been doing that since 1690 to be fair.

12-02-2020, 02:45 PM
Of course and I’m in complete agreement with you. It’s more than suspicious and the wee lad is being made a patsy. There’s no way information on the case will be released before conviction/acquittal though.

I expect the case to be dropped due to the evidence being not quite conclusive enough with no details released at all for the boy's protection. Then we'll never know if he ever existed in the first place.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-02-2020, 03:06 PM
I expect the case to be dropped due to the evidence being not quite conclusive enough with no details released at all for the boy's protection. Then we'll never know if he ever existed in the first place.

I cite the Case of Drylaw Jambo numpty versus Lennon. No case to answer - dismissed due to “lack of evidence” and numpty Jambo V Bartley.

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2020, 03:13 PM
Wasn’t even that good a player.

Seriously? I thought he was a cracking wee player in his prime.

Played over 100 games in the EPL and is joint 7th in leading goalscorers for his Country. Was outstanding for Scotland.

HoboHarry
12-02-2020, 04:00 PM

Played over 100 games in the EPL and is joint 7th in leading goalscorers for his Country. Was outstanding for Scotland.
He was, it's no wonder some of our players get slated for not being good enough when the likes of McFadden were, errrr, ahem....not very good......

Smartie
12-02-2020, 04:04 PM

McFadden was outstanding for his country and fans of the national side will always hold him in special regard.

A decent argument could be made that he wasn't all that great a domestic player though.

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2020, 04:23 PM
McFadden was outstanding for his country and fans of the national side will always hold him in special regard.

A decent argument could be made that he wasn't all that great a domestic player though.

The comment suggested he wasn't actually that good a player. I'm disagreeing with that statement as I think it's nonsense.

Domestically he's had a career many would love to have had. I'd love to see players who aren't that good at Hibs.

Internationally he'd stroll into the current team.

Smartie
12-02-2020, 04:30 PM
The comment suggested he wasn't actually that good a player. I'm disagreeing with that statement as I think it's nonsense.

Domestically he's had a career many would love to have had. I'd love to see players who aren't that good at Hibs.

Internationally he'd stroll into the current team.

I loved McFadden.

One of my all-time favourite non Hibs players.

There's something special about that type of player who can break down a defence or light up a deadlocked match with a moment of genius, and he had it.

So I'm not having it that he's anything other than a very good player indeed.

I would argue though that he probably didn't have the domestic career that I thought his talent merited.