PDA

View Full Version : You're going, Hearts are going down!

California-Hibs
06-02-2020, 02:10 AM
Honestly let's just take a minute to put things in perspective. Yes we aren't as high as we'd like to be in the league right now, but things could be worse, much much worse, imagine being a Jambo? They are absolutely utterly s****

Its remarkable how many of them ACTUALLY believed they had turned a corner.

A home win against a League 1 side.....League..1

And an incredibly fortunate win against The Rangers that had Rangers taken their glaring chances would have been so different.

They're fooling no one, going into the 2nd week of league fixtures in FEBURARY and they're rock bottom!!

Don't let that s*** forget it as if the shoe was on the other foot they certainly wouldn't let it slip by!

March 3rd at Easter Road they're in for another derby spanking and I for one can't wait! 😁

CloudSquall
06-02-2020, 02:47 AM
The thing is we were pretty much in the relegation fight when Ross came in and even though he has taken us out of that and got us in the top 6 fighting for 5th we've still been more critical of him (or better put, more forecoming with "critical thinking") than Hearts fans have been of Stendel who has Hearts rooted to the bottom of the table after two months and a transfer window.

That's not a dig at us, it just shows how ****ing delusional they have become.

The cult of personalty this nobody has over at Tynecastle surpasses anything during the Romanov years in terms of weirdness.

California-Hibs
06-02-2020, 02:58 AM
Jack Ross - 6 wins in first 15 in charge

Stendel - 2 wins in first 10 in charge (1 against Airdrie)

Its clear which new manager has had the better impact.

CloudSquall
06-02-2020, 03:31 AM

Stendel - 2 wins in first 10 in charge (1 against Airdrie) plus an heroic draw vs Aberdeen that is already going down in the history books alongside events such as the defence of Stalingrad and the Battle of Moscow due to it's significance as a geopolitical turning point.

Fixed :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
06-02-2020, 03:36 AM
Their Daniel was a total Cult singing “don’t cry for me Christophe Berra” at the club karaoke night

HoboHarry
06-02-2020, 03:43 AM
Yon German Jurgen Doon chappie is doing a fine job, leave him out of this.....:faf:

Tambo
06-02-2020, 04:08 AM
They go to celtic park next haha

06-02-2020, 04:34 AM
They could do with a head coach like Levein and experienced players like Berra and Whelen to stop the ship from sinking.

jax67
06-02-2020, 05:15 AM
But, but it’s the most glorious of defeats!!
It has to go down in history as the bravestest most courageousest defeat since the charge of the light brigade, nay since Troy was sacked by Agamemnons Greeks. Closer still to the legendary, mythical draw with Aberdeen!

Waxy
06-02-2020, 05:30 AM
They could do with a head coach like Levein and experienced players like Berra and Whelen to stop the ship from sinking.

Well its true.

Since452
06-02-2020, 05:37 AM
I said after their fortuitous draw with St Johnstone they were in serious trouble. Saints should have had 5 or 6

Since452
06-02-2020, 05:41 AM

The funny thing is Levein would have got them out the hole by hook or crook

Since90+2
06-02-2020, 05:43 AM
The funny thing is Levein would have got them out the hole by hook or crook

Doubt it.

Since90+2
06-02-2020, 05:44 AM
If they go down atleast they will be able to look back upon one of the greatest results in the clubs history this season - the unbelievable 1-1 draw at home to Aberdeen.

*****y wee stadium ,rented training ground and championship bound. So very very pleasing.

DetroitHibs
06-02-2020, 05:48 AM
They are the luckiest shower of ***** to walk the planet. Somehow they will escape by the skin of there teeth.

matty_f
06-02-2020, 05:50 AM
Beng saying for a while now that they're in genuine trouble. They're just not picking up the points required to get them out of bother.

Killie had won one match in something like 8 before last night's game and we're home and hosed before the penalty and red card changed the complexion of the game.

St Johnstone could have put six past them at the weekend. That's two games against bottom six sides and they've just managed to come away with a point.

Throw in the goalless draw at Ross County - another bottom 6 side, where Hearts didn't even get a shot on target, and you can see that being crap is the norm for them.

Stendel's win against Rangers was a freak result, a good performance but a performance Levein managed to squeeze out that side in big games plenty times before he was sacked.

I can't believe how few Duncans are chasing him. If Ross had started with that record, the knives would have been out a long while back.

California-Hibs
06-02-2020, 06:01 AM
'Kilmarnock have now won the same amount of games at Tynecastle than Hearts have all season'

😳😳😳 Tin pot club with a small tin pot stadium!

Pleasing.

California-Hibs
06-02-2020, 06:03 AM
Beng saying for a while now that they're in genuine trouble. They're just not picking up the points required to get them out of bother.

Killie had won one match in something like 8 before last night's game and we're home and hosed before the penalty and red card changed the complexion of the game.

St Johnstone could have put six past them at the weekend. That's two games against bottom six sides and they've just managed to come away with a point.

Throw in the goalless draw at Ross County - another bottom 6 side, where Hearts didn't even get a shot on target, and you can see that being crap is the norm for them.

Stendel's win against Rangers was a freak result, a good performance but a performance Levein managed to squeeze out that side in big games plenty times before he was sacked.

I can't believe how few Duncans are chasing him. If Ross had started with that record, the knives would have been out a long while back.

Perfectly said. I saw their highlights against St Johnstone and you're spot on, Saints could EASILY have put 6 (2) past them!

For those who haven't seen the Killie highlights yet, the Hearts keeper 🙈🙈🙈 Periena-ski

Barman Stanton
06-02-2020, 06:20 AM
One guy over on kickback has suggested Stendel might not be very good. And on mass they have totally attacked the guy. It’s utterly bizarre. Sleepwalking to relegation.

CL0762
06-02-2020, 06:25 AM
They are the luckiest shower of ***** to walk the planet. Somehow they will escape by the skin of there teeth.

Yup. They won't go down.

Sir David Gray
06-02-2020, 06:31 AM
I really thought they would have pushed on after the Sevco result but it just hasn't happened. They have a massive couple of games coming up later this month against Hamilton and St Mirren.

Given that their next league game is at Parkhead, they are almost certainly going to go into that Hamilton game bottom of the league by at least 1 point. They have to pick up 6 points against Hamilton and St Mirren or else I think they'll go down, particularly if they lose either of them.

Then they visit Easter Road....

macca70
06-02-2020, 06:41 AM
The Rangers game was a complete freak result; Rangers missed some sitters and Hearts goals were due to a slip by Goldson then a massively deflected winner.

It’s just a shame Hamilton are soooooooo bad and can’t create a wee gap between them.

They are conceding bags of goals now, if only they had a big no nonsense defender like Berra available!! Oh, he’s training with the kids for £6k a week.

Hibernian Verse
06-02-2020, 06:47 AM
The Rangers game was a complete freak result; Rangers missed some sitters and Hearts goals were due to a slip by Goldson then a massively deflected winner.

It’s just a shame Hamilton are soooooooo bad and can’t create a wee gap between them.

They are conceding bags of goals now, if only they had a big no nonsense defender like Berra available!! Oh, he’s training with the kids for £6k a week.Hes at Dundee

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

scoopyboy
06-02-2020, 06:49 AM
I don't think they will go down.

It would be funny but it won't happen.

Kato
06-02-2020, 06:51 AM
The thing is we were pretty much in the relegation fight when Ross came in and even though he has taken us out of that and got us in the top 6 fighting for 5th we've still been more critical of him (or better put, more forecoming with "critical thinking") than Hearts fans have been of Stendel who has Hearts rooted to the bottom of the table after two months and a transfer window.

The cult of personalty this nobody has over at Tynecastle surpasses anything during the Romanov years in terms of weirdness.They have a "strong leader" complex. They're more like sheep than the Aberdeen fans.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
06-02-2020, 06:53 AM
Huge games coming up for them, with Hamilton visiting Tynie after their routine loss at Celtic Park. They play St Mirren and then us after that, could be a really close run thing, with the Derby being pivotal to their survival hopes.

I wonder just how much relegation would impact them this time around. I think having a second relegation in 6 years would be really damaging to those supporters who have been pumping money into their club. They'd really, really have to cut back on their spending, which is something they seem incapable of doing.

Barman Stanton
06-02-2020, 06:54 AM
Keep reading on here that they won’t go down. And yet they are still bottom of the league. I don’t get why so many on here are so confident about their safety. They are running out of games.

macca70
06-02-2020, 06:55 AM
Hes at Dundee

Totally missed that and didn’t realise, mental that a team in their position can loan out a £6k a week defender. They are a shambles.

macca70
06-02-2020, 06:57 AM
Keep reading on here that they won’t go down. And yet they are still bottom of the league. I don’t get why so many on here are so confident about their safety. They are running out of games.

Hamilton are so bad, Hearts will creep above them by still being honking

Smartie
06-02-2020, 06:59 AM

I didn’t think Hamilton were bad at all in their first half against us, and they made Celtic sweat for much of their game on Sunday.

If Hearts are hoping they’ll get out of this because Hamilton are awful then they might need to think again.

They’re in big trouble all right.

Since452
06-02-2020, 07:01 AM

They are in this fight every season and written off by most. If we were in a relegation fight with Hamilton I'd be very concerned

Spike Mandela
06-02-2020, 07:06 AM
Still annoys me that their flukey victory at ER earlier in the season might be what saves them.:grr:

Barman Stanton
06-02-2020, 07:07 AM

Hamilton are used to being in this position. They pretty much fight to avoid relegation every year. Im really not convinced Hearts have the bottle to beat them in a fight.

Heisenberg
06-02-2020, 07:35 AM
After the Rangers result I was sure they wouldn’t go down, but drawing away at St J and losing against Killie at home is making me believe again. Only their spawny luck will save them, hopefully a lot of that was used up against the Huns.

The 90+2
06-02-2020, 07:40 AM

Correct.

Steve20
06-02-2020, 07:44 AM

Stendel - 2 wins in first 10 in charge (1 against Airdrie)

I think that shows Jack Ross has had an unimpressive start. 6 in 15 is poor.

It shows Stendel has had an awful start and Hearts are in a relegation bother. They won't go down but that's just because how bad Hamilton are.

So yeah, Jack Ross has had a better start, but it's not good for either.

Waxy
06-02-2020, 07:47 AM
Can see David Templeton scoring for Hamilton at the pbs.

18Craig75
06-02-2020, 07:49 AM
We HAVE to beat them at ER. Although knowing Hibs ...

James Stephen
06-02-2020, 07:52 AM
I think its obvious they have the best front players of the bottom teams, so you have to think they have enough goals.

However their style of play seems very kamikaze.

Also, and this could be the x-factor, is that they have a far greater sense of crisis and pressure than either accies or St M, due to expectations etc, and so it will be how they handle this that could be the deciding factor.

I remember when we went down in 2014 the sense of negative momentum and pressure was incredible, and opponents would almost sit and let us beat ourselves, particularly at Easter road when the fans are edgy.

Peevemor
06-02-2020, 07:53 AM

You're a real ray of sunshine aren't you?

For me 6 out of 15 isn't poor when you consider he took over a team in the relegation zone.

It's a light hearted thread about the Hearts' predicament and you take the opportunity to have a dig at Hibs.

Judge him when he's had time to put together his own squad instead of going on negative mode automatically when you post on here.

B.H.F.C
06-02-2020, 07:58 AM

For me 6 out of 15 isn't poor when you consider he took over a team in the relegation zone.

It's a light hearted thread about the Hearts' predicament and you take the opportunity to have a dig at Hibs.

Judge him when he's had time to put together his own squad instead of going on negative mode automatically when you post on here.

Maybe not poor, but definitely a bit meh.

If you look at the likes of St Mirren they’re only 8 points behind us. We won’t be dragged that far down but we need to be careful not to get dragged down to eighth or ninth.

For all we can have a light hearted dig at Hearts, I think their incredibly bad season has masked the fact we’ve struggled having only won 7 games out of 25 in the league - not all down to Ross obviously but we’ve chucked in a few daft results under him as well.

Bostonhibby
06-02-2020, 08:01 AM
This is what all that extra cash we keep hearing about gets them.

They could have the best unfinished £20m single tier stand in the Championship.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
06-02-2020, 08:02 AM

I thought the same when reading it.

Not great reading for Jack Ross - 6 wins in 15 games..should be 7 in 16 hopefully after the weekend. The derby win was important - the next derby even more important for top 6 / relegation.

He’s had one window and next window will be so important as could set up us for a few years. Heckys window set us back so he’s been trying to sort that mess.

Heisenberg
06-02-2020, 08:07 AM

It shows Stendel has had an awful start and Hearts are in a relegation bother. They won't go down but that's just because how bad Hamilton are.

Our squad needs properly sorted. Three out of our back four need replaced with better, could maybe chuck Hanlon in too. The absolute mess Heckingbottom and the recruitment team created in the summer cannot be underestimated. I’d say our squad just now is good enough for anywhere between 5th/8th. Thoroughly inconsistent and lacking quality in several areas. January window isn’t the time for major surgery.

Ross has won 5, drawn 3 and lost 5 in the league. As I said, thoroughly inconsistent midtable form. Hopefully our January stop gaps can improve our performances and bring them to a more even level.

We need to back Ross until he’s had a couple of windows with us, providing we aren’t relegation candidates at any point I’m happy to do that. McInnes came in at Aberdeen and it took them a while to get going. He’s struggling just now but they’ve been consistently 2nd/3rd/4th best for ages.

Peevemor
06-02-2020, 08:09 AM
This is mental!

I'm not suggesting 6 wins out of 15 is great, but the win percentage (40%) isn't far behind John Collins' 42.6%, yet some on here would have you believe that he was a great manager.

Aldo
06-02-2020, 08:22 AM
The yams I know reckon they still have a chance of top 5 maybe 4.

They were brilliant and unplayable in spells last nite and this is the best bit.... all tried really hard which makes them so proud. No other team tries as hard as their players do.

[emoji23].

I asked what the score was again........ all I git was 1-5 blah blah.

Where are you in the league......... 1-5 blah blah.

They are hurting and big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EAZY-ME
06-02-2020, 08:58 AM
They won't get relegated... they still have to play us again and we always seem to have a knack of helping them out when they need it

jacomo
06-02-2020, 09:00 AM

Not yet. Plenty of matches still to be played.

They are in real trouble though and relying on kids to get them out of it. That should be a real concern for them.

Liberal Hibby
06-02-2020, 09:26 AM

They are in real trouble though and relying on kids to get them out of it. That should be a real concern for them.

Can't be too far off the point when it becomes arithmetically impossible for them to make the top 6. Just have to take it milestone by milestone.

Caversham Green
06-02-2020, 09:26 AM

Surely it depends on what he had at his disposal. IIRC The squad Jack Ross inherited was sitting second bottom and only a point or two off rock bottom and they'd only won two league games in twelve. Ross has doubled that number of wins in the same number of games and lifted us to sixth place and twelve points off bottom. I would argue that's actually quite impressive.

On the other hand Stendel hasn't improved his club's results at all.

Barman Stanton
06-02-2020, 09:31 AM

I remember us thinking the same under Butcher. Plenty matches, we will be fine. But your out of form, no confidence and more importantly other teams around you are picking up points. I think they are going down personally.

HendoDelivered
06-02-2020, 09:33 AM

This. I think they’ll come decent under DS.

Frankhfc
06-02-2020, 09:37 AM

They were murder last night. Running around like headless chickens for most of the match. I don't think it was a penalty and if Killie had kept 11 men on the park they were crusing to an easy win last night. DS has one game plan only which is all out attack and other teams are finding ways to counter such gung ho tactics. I don't think its a given that they'll either stay up or come decent under DS. Some of their play and players are dreadful.

Barman Stanton
06-02-2020, 09:39 AM

Im curious on what basis? They look an absolute shambles lately. Im really struggling to see what he has done either at Hearts or in his past jobs that would make anyone confident he is the man. I may be missing something?

matty_f
06-02-2020, 09:44 AM
Im curious on what basis? They look an absolute shambles lately. Im really struggling to see what he has done either at Hearts or in his past jobs that would make anyone confident he is the man. I may be missing something?

6 goals conceded in their last two games, to Killie and St Johnstone. Hardly flagging the imminent arrival of better times.

I think he's at 1 league win in 10 league games, hasn't lost as many as Levein but his win rate isn't much better. Stendel is averaging 0.8 points per match, Potter, when he was sacked, was 0.78 I think.

Smartie
06-02-2020, 09:45 AM

I think the hope comes from the fact that he's doing something different to what was being done before, which what took them to that lowly position in the first place.

What I think they are failing to grasp is that just because it's different, it doesn't mean it is right - it seems he has stumbled upon another variation on the dug***** theme.

Heckys Wheel
06-02-2020, 09:47 AM
Still annoys me that their flukey victory at ER earlier in the season might be what saves them.:grr:

Everything about that game sickens me

Deansy
06-02-2020, 10:05 AM

The cult of personalty this nobody has over at Tynecastle surpasses anything during the Romanov years in terms of weirdness.

30+ years of 'Other Peoples Money', that's 3 - THREE - decades of living in an artificially inflated financial-bubble is still deep within the muppets psyche and won't vanish anytime soon !. The vast majority of them still seem to genuinely believe that, historically, Hearts have always been loaded - it's like they've no older Jambos any more, the 60+ PRE 'Mercer/Money years' Jambos who experienced Hearts-teams that actually played within their means, who'd be able to educate todays Jambos on the realities of life at Tiny-Tyney when all the bills were paid regularly !

Hibbyradge
06-02-2020, 10:08 AM

They may know it consciously or subconsciously, but Stendel isn't going anywhere, regardless of results, so they have no option but to back him and hope that he changes things around.

I'm still of the opinion that they'll survive the drop and if they do, Stendel's status as a god-like dear leader will be reinforced in the Duncans' feeble minds.

The summer will see sales of Stendel coats break international records, and even more money will be chucked at signings.

At the moment I'm more concerned about confirming our top 6 place. I don't want us to be facing them at the PBS when they're desperate for points and we've nothing to play for.

I get nervous about things like that.

California-Hibs
06-02-2020, 10:11 AM
They won't get relegated... they still have to play us again and we always seem to have a knack of helping them out when they need it

......Like in the Boxing Day Derby? 🤔

jacomo
06-02-2020, 10:33 AM
I remember us thinking the same under Butcher. Plenty matches, we will be fine. But your out of form, no confidence and more importantly other teams around you are picking up points. I think they are going down personally.

The collapse under Butcher was tragi-comic, really. We had so many opportunities to get out of trouble and spurned every single one of them.

As I said, Hearts are in real trouble. But they still have lots of opportunities to get out of it. Let’s see if they take any of them!

A Hi-Bee
06-02-2020, 10:33 AM
**** the hertz they are of course way to good and famous to go down to where they belong.

Barman Stanton
06-02-2020, 10:43 AM
I think the hope comes from the fact that he's doing something different to what was being done before, which what took them to that lowly position in the first place.

What I think they are failing to grasp is that just because it's different, it doesn't mean it is right - it seems he has stumbled upon another variation on the dug***** theme.

I can kind of understand the Hearts fans thinking he is the right man. Like you say its more hope than anything else. They are desperate so they are simply clinging their hopes to him.

But that was a Hibs fan saying they will come good under him. I dont see why.

CraigHibee
06-02-2020, 10:43 AM
Celtic will thump them and put moral down even further than it is, hearts are in trouble, could i care? not in the slightest. The goading we have had to endure over the years from that mob when the majority of them were happy to be lifting cups despite the robbing of charities etc.

i hope they go down but it's not a given that will happen

Stevie Reid
06-02-2020, 10:58 AM
The collapse under Butcher was tragi-comic, really. We had so many opportunities to get out of trouble and spurned every single one of them.

As I said, Hearts are in real trouble. But they still have lots of opportunities to get out of it. Let’s see if they take any of them!

Butcher actually took 13 points from his first 9 league games as Hibs manager.

Stendel has taken 5 points from the same amount of league fixtures.

FilipinoHibs
06-02-2020, 10:58 AM
30+ years of 'Other Peoples Money', that's 3 - THREE - decades of living in an artificially inflated financial-bubble is still deep within the muppets psyche and won't vanish anytime soon !. The vast majority of them still seem to genuinely believe that, historically, Hearts have always been loaded - it's like they've no older Jambos any more, the 60+ PRE 'Mercer/Money years' Jambos who experienced Hearts-teams that actually played within their means, who'd be able to educate todays Jambos on the realities of life at Tiny-Tyney when all the bills were paid regularly !

When i started following Hibs in 1970 the next 10 years saw 14 Hibs wins and 2 for Hearts. Then the financial doping started.

Stevie Reid
06-02-2020, 10:59 AM

His league record is five wins from 13 games, which is fine given where we were. We've played two of the top three twice in that time as well.

Hibbyradge
06-02-2020, 11:05 AM
Celtic will thump them and put moral down even further than it is, hearts are in trouble, could i care? not in the slightest. The goading we have had to endure over the years from that mob when the majority of them were happy to be lifting cups despite the robbing of charities etc.

i hope they go down but it's not a given that will happen

Rangers were going to hammer them last week.

Predictions schimictions.

JimBHibees
06-02-2020, 11:13 AM
His league record is five wins from 13 games, which is fine given where we were. We've played two of the top three twice in that time as well.

Also need to take into account our league position when he took over.

where'stheslope
06-02-2020, 11:18 AM
Their biggest problem as I see it is, the other teams above them seem to be able to conjure up results no one expects, i.e. they get a draw against Aberdeen the others get unexpected wins!!!!
The same last night, Ross County beat Livvi, St Johnstone beat Aberdeen and the worst result for them was a point apiece for St Mirren and Hamilton!!!
They are not buried yet, but its not an easy fix from here!!!!!

Stevie Reid
06-02-2020, 11:36 AM
Also need to take into account our league position when he took over.

I did mention that, Jim! Fully on board with him though, if the new signings have the desired impact then hopefully a good points haul from the next four :aok:

weecounty hibby
06-02-2020, 11:50 AM
My office Jambo left at 63 minutes last night, said they were brutal and he does think that relegation is a strong possibility. He still wouldn't put any blame on Duncan Daniel even when I said that he was a terrible appointment. Blames Levin and Budge totally. Said that it's great that FOH was taking over. I asked him who would be in charge as I just don't get the fan ownership bit, will they all get a say in who picks the team etc etc. He mumbled something and then wandered off.

Allant1981
06-02-2020, 11:56 AM

I've a few mates who go watch hearts every week and they cant see it, what makes you think they will?

Since452
06-02-2020, 11:58 AM

What makes you think so? His Barnsley record was very similar

Green_one
06-02-2020, 12:03 PM
They had an advantage that they were chasing a large pack. The probability was that at last one of the pack would do badly.

Now they are down to just Hamilton and St Mirren. SM are doing ok as we saw at ER last week. My bet is the playoff place.

Unseen work
06-02-2020, 12:06 PM
Personally I can’t see them being relegated, mainly due to Boyce and Naismith.

FWIW I think Stendel has the right idea with regards to a hard working team who press and get forward. It clearly makes it uncomfortable for the opposition and gets goals.

What is truly baffling though is that he is failing to recognise that teams in this league will counter your press with two pacy strikers by playing a long ball especially as they’re leaving two at the back with the full backs bombing on.

A manager can be as good as you want, but probably the biggest thing is adaptability, understanding the league and seeing your teams weakenesses which he doesn’t seem to do.

With new players who can play the system, full of pace and energy it might work. But at the moment he doesn’t seem to have that.

Will he get to the summer or even next season to show what he can do? 1 win in 9 is dreadful stuff. He’s also had a transfer window to strengthen them and failed to bring in a keeper which hearts are screaming out for.

Hope it goes tits up and they get relegated and sack him.

JeMeSouviens
06-02-2020, 12:15 PM
Personally I can’t see them being relegated, mainly due to Boyce and Naismith.

FWIW I think Stendel has the right idea with regards to a hard working team who press and get forward. It clearly makes it uncomfortable for the opposition and gets goals.

What is truly baffling though is that he is failing to recognise that teams in this league will counter your press with two pacy strikers by playing a long ball especially as they’re leaving two at the back with the full backs bombing on.

A manager can be as good as you want, but probably the biggest thing is adaptability, understanding the league and seeing your teams weakenesses which he doesn’t seem to do.

With new players who can play the system, full of pace and energy it might work. But at the moment he doesn’t seem to have that.

Will he get to the summer or even next season to show what he can do? 1 win in 9 is dreadful stuff. He’s also had a transfer window to strengthen them and failed to bring in a keeper which hearts are screaming out for.

Hope it goes tits up and they get relegated and sack him.

Dunno, I'm quite open to the idea of tits up, relegation and they keep him, tbh. :wink:

Sir David Gray
06-02-2020, 12:34 PM

I thought that after the Sevco victory but history's really not in their favour. Only twice in the last 10 years has a team avoided relegation after being bottom at this stage of the season.

I really think they have to beat Hamilton and St Mirren in a couple of weeks or they'll be gone.

Hibs4185
06-02-2020, 05:16 PM
It is absolutely guaranteed they will get into the play off by goal difference, then win on penalties to avoid relegation.

Luckiest team alive.

A lucky win against us, Hamilton missing a penalty last night. Pray I am wrong however

jacomo
06-02-2020, 05:20 PM
It is absolutely guaranteed they will get into the play off by goal difference, then win on penalties to avoid relegation.

Luckiest team alive.

A lucky win against us, Hamilton missing a penalty last night. Pray I am wrong however

It would be funnier if they missed out on goal difference and were relegated, demanded a rule change, and then missed out on promotion next season on head-to-head results.

Hibbyradge
06-02-2020, 05:32 PM
It would be funnier if they missed out on goal difference and were relegated, demanded a rule change, and then missed out on promotion next season on head-to-head results.

That rings a bell ...

emerald green
06-02-2020, 05:53 PM
If the Yams hadn't scraped those unlikely wins at ER earlier in the season, and against The Rangers recently at PBS, and therefore had six less points in the bag right now, they would be strong favourites to get relegated or ending in the play off position at best.

They might still end up in the play-off position, and if they do I don't see any team in the Championship beating them over two legs. I'm assuming DU will win the Championship and gain automatic promotion.

Anyhow it's a good laugh seeing the "big team" in such a precarious position.

Sudds_1
06-02-2020, 06:17 PM
When i started following Hibs in 1970 the next 10 years saw 14 Hibs wins and 2 for Hearts. Then the financial doping started.

Jeezo....same as me. A spotty 15year old. Still have my original bottle green scarf with white tassels and the old badge! 😄😄😄

Sudds_1
06-02-2020, 06:19 PM

This....or even better gubbed in a playoff with dundee?😛😛

hfc rd
06-02-2020, 06:41 PM
Just checked their next 5 fixtures:

Celtic (A)
Hamilton (H)
St Mirren (A)
Hibs (A)
Motherwell (H)

Can’t see them getting anything against Celtic. They definitely need to win those back to back games against their relegation rivals and try and get something against us and Motherwell. Anything other than a minimum 7-8 points and I think it’s not looking very good for them which I hope is the case.

Smartie
06-02-2020, 06:49 PM

Imagine they went to Dens needing a 1-0 defeat or better to stay in the league...

Paisley Hibby
06-02-2020, 07:09 PM
Imagine they went to Dens needing a 1-0 defeat or better to stay in the league...

Or even just a draw 😉

06-02-2020, 07:24 PM
Hope series 2 of the documentary sees them doing a Sunderland and dropping to League 1.

DetroitHibs
06-02-2020, 07:36 PM
If they don't beat Hamilton, I'll start believing they could go down.

Kojock
06-02-2020, 07:49 PM
6 goals conceded in their last two games, to Killie and St Johnstone. Hardly flagging the imminent arrival of better times.

I think he's at 1 league win in 10 league games, hasn't lost as many as Levein but his win rate isn't much better. Stendel is averaging 0.8 points per match, Potter, when he was sacked, was 0.78 I think.

Only St Mirren have scored less goals than Killie and St Johnstone this season. To lose 6 goals in two games to the leagues 2nd and 3rd lowest scorers doesn’t sound like Hear7s are anywhere near to safety.

cabbageandribs1875
06-02-2020, 07:53 PM
......Like in the Boxing Day Derby? 🤔

No,like our last home game v them, hibs teams do have a nack of helping others out

wishfull thinking by some but heartz aren't going anywhere

jacomo
06-02-2020, 08:10 PM

That would do.

ahibby
06-02-2020, 08:11 PM
Unfortunately they wont go down but still this is fun watching them squirm. Its the highs and lows of football but magnified when you r at the bottom.

HibbyAndy
06-02-2020, 08:17 PM
Unfortunately they wont go down but still this is fun watching them squirm. Its the highs and lows of football but magnified when you r at the bottom.

I keep seeing this reiterated on here time and time again , Their is very much EVERY chance they are going down .

They are bottom of the league for a reason as they are the worst team in the league so far , That's a FACT.

Now they may stay up , They may not , But where is everyone getting the 'No danger they will go down ' Scenario from ? They are absolutely honking !

They have won THREE games all season winning TWO with wicked deflections

Hearts have every chance off losing top flight status

Sir David Gray
06-02-2020, 08:17 PM

What makes you think they won't go down?

8 out of the last 10 teams to be bottom at this stage of the season have finished bottom and only one of those two teams has avoided a relegation play off.

If they don't beat both Hamilton and St Mirren after the Celtic game then they're going down.

CMurdoch
06-02-2020, 08:18 PM
Just checked their next 5 fixtures:

Celtic (A)
Hamilton (H)
St Mirren (A)
Hibs (A)
Motherwell (H)

Can’t see them getting anything against Celtic. They definitely need to win those back to back games against their relegation rivals and try and get something against us and Motherwell. Anything other than a minimum 7-8 points and I think it’s not looking very good for them which I hope is the case.

They have taken 5 points from their last 4 games which is the number of points I predicted they would take.
Obviously the prediction was to beat Killie and lose to Rangers but 5 points it is.

Next up a kicking at Parkhead. Eduard and Griffiths combination will put them to the sword.

At that point it's **** or bust for them.
I reckon they will take 9 points from the 4 games with Hibs inficting defeat on them. Goal from McNulty.

David Templeton played well for 45 minutes last night scoring a good goal and getting another 3 quality shots off.
With him at one end and all action Gogic doing a great job at the other Hamilton are not done yet.

I previously predicted Hearts would finish 7th but Kilmarnock, St Johnstone & Ross County have woken up so I am revising that to finishing 8th behind Kilmarnock.

Hibernianinc
06-02-2020, 08:24 PM
I like to look at the form guide.

In the last 6 games (when herts started to pick up points) they’ve managed to get 6 points.

Same period-

Hamilton 4
Ross C 5
St M 6
St J 8
Killie 6

So, even assuming they pick up more points, so are the teams around them likely to as well.

In 6 games they’ve made no ground on the team currently safe in tenth.

They are in big trouble.

😁

Sir David Gray
06-02-2020, 08:28 PM
They have taken 5 points from their last 4 games which is the number of points I predicted they would take.
Obviously the prediction was to beat Killie and lose to Rangers but 5 points it is.

Next up a kicking at Parkhead. Eduard and Griffiths combination will put them to the sword.

At that point it's **** or bust for them.
I reckon they will take 9 points from the 4 games with Hibs inficting defeat on them. Goal from McNulty.

David Templeton played well for 45 minutes last night scoring a good goal and getting another 3 quality shots off.
With him at one end and all action Gogic doing a great job at the other Hamilton are not done yet.

I previously predicted Hearts would finish 7th but Kilmarnock, St Johnstone & Ross County have woken up so I am revising that to finishing 8th behind Kilmarnock.

I reckon they'll be doing well to finish 10th.

They need to win two more games than St Mirren between now and the end of the season to overtake them. Considering they have only won 3 times so far all season I don't fancy their chances.

erin go bragh
06-02-2020, 08:32 PM
Stendalllldllldlllddlllwdl with his 2-2-6 formation will take them down . We can do our bit at ER . Hamilton and St Mirren have faced this situation before ,whereupon that lot across the road still think they are too good to go down .

ahibby
06-02-2020, 08:34 PM
What makes you think they won't go down?

8 out of the last 10 teams to be bottom at this stage of the season have finished bottom and only one of those two teams has avoided a relegation play off.

If they don't beat both Hamilton and St Mirren after the Celtic game then they're going down.

They could just as easily win as lose four out of their next five. Lets see what happens. Fun if your not a Jambo.

Since90+2
06-02-2020, 08:37 PM
They could just as easily win as lose four out of their next five. Lets see what happens. Fun if your not a Jambo.

Just as easily? They've won 3 games out of 25 so this season. I'd find it hard to believe they will somehow win 4 out of their next 5.

ahibby
06-02-2020, 08:49 PM
Just as easily? They've won 3 games out of 25 so this season. I'd find it hard to believe they will somehow win 4 out of their next 5.

Maybe law of averages. Time will tell n luck will play a part maybe like it did against The Rangers. That result tells me they could just as easily win as lose in those matches. R u confident theyll lose those home games and away to us?

Hibs4185
06-02-2020, 08:55 PM
If hearts are in real trouble by the time they come to Easter road and we pump them, the section need to get a massive banner to unfurl at the end of the game saying

‘He’s not your Daniel, he’s our Daniel’

Sir David Gray
06-02-2020, 09:07 PM

It could happen but they couldn't easily win 4 out of their next 5 matches.

Hearts have gone almost a whole season's worth of games (34) and only won 4 matches.

They may win 4 out of their next 5 games but I won't be putting money on it.

Hibernian Verse
06-02-2020, 09:48 PM
If hearts are in real trouble by the time they come to Easter road and we pump them, the section need to get a massive banner to unfurl at the end of the game saying

‘He’s not your Daniel, he’s our Daniel’A big "You're going down" would suffice

jgl07
06-02-2020, 09:52 PM
Hearts will be fine this season.

Well let them think that!

FilipinoHibs
06-02-2020, 10:10 PM
Jeezo....same as me. A spotty 15year old. Still have my original bottle green scarf with white tassels and the old badge! 😄😄😄

Yes I had one to. Bought it from a gents outfitters in Hawick! They olny had the old firm and Hibs. Pre financial doping era when Hearts were p**h.

Col2
06-02-2020, 10:11 PM
For all those who dismiss them getting relegated just have a look at the next 8 league games before the split and can you seriously see them winning anymore than one game, two max.

V Celtic A - loss
V Hamilton H - draw
V St Mirren A - draw
V Hibs A - loss
V Well H - loss
V Livi A - loss
V Riss County H - win?
V Aberdeen A - loss

5 points and then the split.

On that basis they would likely be anything up to 5 points or more stranded. Guaranteed to be in play off minimum and favourites from relegation. If they lose to Hamilton and St Mirren I honestly can’t see them recovering.

Hibbyradge
06-02-2020, 10:14 PM
For all those who dismiss them getting relegated just have a look at the next 8 league games before the split and can you seriously see them winning anymore than one game, two max.

V Celtic A - loss
V Hamilton H - draw
V St Mirren A - draw
V Hibs A - loss
V Well H - loss
V Livi A - loss
V Riss County H - win?
V Aberdeen A - loss

On that basis they would likely be anything from 5-8 points stranded. Guaranteed to be in play off minimum and favourites from relegation. If they lose to Hamilton and St Mirren I honestly can’t see them recovering.

If it was that easy to predict results, the bookies wouldn't be making £millions from football betting.

I wonder how much they lost when hearts beat The Rangers ...

Sir David Gray
06-02-2020, 10:18 PM

V Celtic A - loss
V Hamilton H - draw
V St Mirren A - draw
V Hibs A - loss
V Well H - loss
V Livi A - loss
V Riss County H - win?
V Aberdeen A - loss

On that basis they would likely be anything up to 5 points or more stranded. Guaranteed to be in play off minimum and favourites from relegation. If they lose to Hamilton and St Mirren I honestly can’t see them recovering.

Hamilton are only a point above them just now so I can't really see them picking up 9 points before the split (which they would need in order to be at least 5 points above Hearts, if Hearts get 5 points of their own before the split) especially if Hearts and Hamilton draw in your scenario.

If they lose to Hamilton then all bets are off and I think they're down.

Stuart93
06-02-2020, 10:28 PM
As long as we make our contribution towards, hopefully, their relegation then I’m not fussed about results elsewhere. Hibs teams gone past tend to gift points to teams that desperately need them.

Look after ourselves first, have a laugh at their demise 2nd.

06-02-2020, 10:44 PM
A big "You're going down" would suffice

Relegation Party 2
This time we won't be joining you
(probably)

Tambo
07-02-2020, 04:37 AM
Hearts next 6 fixtures.

Celtic away
Hamilton home
St Mirren away
Hibs away
Motherwel home
Livingston away

judas
07-02-2020, 05:01 AM
I genuinely believe that Hearts will narrowly avoided relegation.

Why? Because they still have more funds than their rivals down there and are capable of throwing money at the problem.

That said, Stendell appears naive and his high press is laughably flawed.

Even though the derbies are the highlights of our season I would still like to see then go down and in the most humiliating way possible.

Perhaps If they do we could produce some kind of Albert Kidd style award, either for the player who sinks them - even if that player is actually a Hearts one.

Since90+2
07-02-2020, 05:23 AM

Why? Because they still have more funds than their rivals down there and are capable of throwing money at the problem.

Even though the derbies are the highlights of our season I would still like to see then go down and in the most humiliating way possible.

Perhaps If they do we could produce some kind of Albert Kidd style award, either for the player who sinks them - even if that player is actually a Hearts one.

The transfer window is closed so they can't really throw money at the problem.

jacomo
07-02-2020, 05:55 AM

Duncan loves Daniel

mjhibby
07-02-2020, 06:47 AM

V Celtic A - loss
V Hamilton H - draw
V St Mirren A - draw
V Hibs A - loss
V Well H - loss
V Livi A - loss
V Riss County H - win?
V Aberdeen A - loss

I think they will get a couple of wins in there but so will Hamilton and st mirren. If they are round about the same points as Hamilton and a couple behind st mirren going into the split iirc they have

Ross county A ( No chance they will win there)
St mirren H (Best chance of 3 points)
Hamilton A( Wouldn't bet on them winning that)
Killie A ( Home win me thinks)
St johnstone H ( very tough game)

They are most definitely in trouble and it looks the best they could do is a play off spot possibly versus wee robbo. How poetic it would be if he relegated them. Even if they survive their squad is awful and they will struggle next season as well. Teams have already sussed their high press so stendel is goosed imho

Jones28
07-02-2020, 06:57 AM

Just a big surfer flag with this. ⬇️

Sir David Gray
07-02-2020, 07:00 AM

Who are they going to throw money at? They can't sign anyone apart from free agents until July when the season will be finished.

I really thought the signing of Boyce would have saved them and while it still might, 4 points from their last 3 games isn't really enough for them so far.

Jones28
07-02-2020, 07:02 AM

The window is closed. The shot their wad already and have brought in 3 nobodies and Boyce and look no better.

Since452
07-02-2020, 07:02 AM
Falkirk will put them out the cup too

Ozyhibby
07-02-2020, 07:48 AM
If it was that easy to predict results, the bookies wouldn't be making £millions from football betting.

I wonder how much they lost when hearts beat The Rangers ...

Bookies would have made money on that result. [emoji6]

Borderhibbie76
07-02-2020, 07:59 AM

Falkirk must seriously fancy their chances tomoro.

Like most on here I thought the Sevco result would turn around their season but now it appears that was just a sheer fluke like their brave draw with the worst Aberdeen team in the last 10 years. They are in trouble no doubt and the 2 upcoming games against St M and Accies are massive with all the pressure on our pink chums

easty
07-02-2020, 08:06 AM

Nah. As funny as that’d be, it’s not going to happen.

Falkirk will be turned over just like Airdrie were.

Hearts are poor but nowhere near that bad.

Mikey
07-02-2020, 08:21 AM
Nah. As funny as that’d be, it’s not going to happen.

Falkirk will be turned over just like Airdrie were.

Hearts are poor but nowhere near that bad.

Falkirk haven't lost since early November, they've got the advantage of knowing their plastic pitch and it'll be blowing a gale.

The pinkoids had better watch out.

Hibbyradge
07-02-2020, 08:35 AM
Bookies would have made money on that result. [emoji6]

Yes, exactly.

Hibbyradge
07-02-2020, 08:37 AM
Falkirk haven't lost since early November, they've got the advantage of knowing their plastic pitch and it'll be blowing a gale.

The pitch and the weather will be a real leveler so Hearts might be ok.

Waxy
07-02-2020, 08:39 AM

Thought the Duncans were going out too but the really bad wind might level the game.

MurrayfieldHibs
07-02-2020, 10:05 AM
The pitch and the weather will be a real leveler do Hearts might be ok.

Agree with this however the plastic pitch might cause havoc with Naismith’s knees :greengrin

Killiehibbie
07-02-2020, 05:04 PM
I read recently that some of them think they can finish 4th or 5th, 200/1 for a top 6 finish suggests not. 7/4 for a bottom 2 finish is a bit more likely, other bookies evens.

degenerated
07-02-2020, 05:41 PM

I wonder how much they lost when hearts beat The Rangers ...Very little I imagine

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
07-02-2020, 06:41 PM
I read recently that some of them think they can finish 4th or 5th, 200/1 for a top 6 finish suggests not. 7/4 for a bottom 2 finish is a bit more likely, other bookies evens.

There's no chance they're finishing in the top 6 unless they are allowed 10 points for a win.

Killiehibbie
07-02-2020, 06:48 PM
There's no chance they're finishing in the top 6 unless they are allowed 10 points for a win.
And 20 points for their other win.

Jim44
07-02-2020, 06:54 PM
Falkirk have no chance tomorrow. The Jambos are very poor but vastly superior to them. They’ll beat them by at least 3 goals.

HibbyAndy
07-02-2020, 07:04 PM
Falkirk have no chance tomorrow. The Jambos are very poor but vastly superior to them. They’ll beat them by at least 3 goals.

Steady

Smartie
07-02-2020, 07:10 PM
The pitch and the weather will be a real leveler so Hearts might be ok.

Thought the Duncans were going out too but the really bad wind might level the game.

I love the idea of the wind being a bit of a leveller in a game between the Jam Tarts and a league one side. In favour of Hearts.

1van Sprou7e
08-02-2020, 06:01 AM
Steady

It's hardly inconceivable, they're shocking defensively but good going forward and they already beat Airdrie by 5

Jones28
08-02-2020, 06:13 AM

It’s got cup upset written all over it. ‘Mon the Bairns

Hibby Kay-Yay
08-02-2020, 07:03 AM
Their keeper will have fun in that wind. I’m expecting more calamity from him, if he’s in the side that is.

lyonhibs
08-02-2020, 07:49 AM
Their keeper will have fun in that wind. I’m expecting more calamity from him, if he’s in the side that is.

These days, a calamity performance on a windy day is far from out of the question from any of the Hearts goalies. Both Pereira and Zlamek are rank rotten but Zlamek occasionally pulls off a cracking save. As long as it's not basically right at Pereira, it's a goal :faf:

Allant1981
08-02-2020, 07:50 AM

But you are panicking that bcs might give us a game because of a bit wind and would like the game postponed

Since452
08-02-2020, 09:22 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing Hearts play a rediculously high line and one of their three awful keepers flapping in the wind.

Wee tip for Lee Miller. Long ball over the top and you'll score two at least

Spike Mandela
08-02-2020, 09:33 AM

V Celtic A - loss
V Hamilton H - draw
V St Mirren A - draw
V Hibs A - loss
V Well H - loss
V Livi A - loss
V Riss County H - win?
V Aberdeen A - loss

Hamilton and st Mirren games are the big test. They will be looking to win these games or at the very least not get beat. From the rest apart from Ross Co at home they will be looking at anything from these games as possible but a bonus on current form. The game against us they will ALWAYS be expecting to win.

Tug Wilson
08-02-2020, 10:09 AM
These days, a calamity performance on a windy day is far from out of the question from any of the Hearts goalies. Both Pereira and Zlamek are rank rotten but Zlamek occasionally pulls off a cracking save. As long as it's not basically right at Pereira, it's a goal :faf:

Like Mark Oxley?

Sir David Gray
08-02-2020, 10:29 AM
Hamilton and st Mirren games are the big test. They will be looking to win these games or at the very least not get beat. From the rest apart from Ross Co at home they will be looking at anything from these games as possible but a bonus on current form. The game against us they will ALWAYS be expecting to win.

They need to win both games against St Mirren and Hamilton.

These two games are against two of the worst teams in the league along with Hearts. If they don't beat either of them they'll almost certainly be going into March bottom of the league (unless they somehow win at Parkhead) and it puts added pressure on them pulling another Sevco-like result out the bag against the stronger teams.

They're not done yet but I said a few weeks ago that they will probably need 5 or 6 wins to avoid relegation. They have won once since then so I think a minimum of 4 wins is required from their remaining games.

chrisski33
08-02-2020, 10:39 AM
50-50 if they will go down. We shud beat them yet folk didnt think they would beat the huns and they did.

Since452
08-02-2020, 10:42 AM
They got Stendel in and told everyone how good he was. Shipped out their two most experienced players to adulation from their fans. Signed Boyce on 6k per week and 3 other no marks who were going to save them apparently but find themselves bottom of the league. Four months after Levein was sacked. They can't keep playing the "Leveins fault" card. Teams have sussed their high press out and they can't defend with the transfer window closed. Sean Clare is being hailed as their best player. Sean Clare! Very worrying times for them.

Scottie
12-02-2020, 08:42 PM
Another step nearer the Championship tonight. Take a bow baw bags :titanic:

Since452
12-02-2020, 08:49 PM
Stendel is a diamond

truehibernian
12-02-2020, 08:50 PM
Despite millions from benefactors, and in times of so-called financial 'parity' (which Hearts never understand), we are 15 points ahead, +18 goal difference, and ahead of them third season in a row :aok:

M'on the benefactors :greengrin

Can't even match us when they get hand outs :aok: you need to sell more of those chips Jambos :cb:greengrin

Jack Hackett
12-02-2020, 08:51 PM
Stendel is a diamond

Zircon, Shirley! Nice and sparkly for the poundshop neebs, but worthless in reality

kaimendhibs
12-02-2020, 08:52 PM
Stendel is a diamondSchwarzkopf

HFC 0-7
12-02-2020, 08:52 PM
22 shots on goal from Celtic tonight!

truehibernian
12-02-2020, 08:54 PM
Zircon, Shirley! Nice and sparkly for the poundshop neebs, but worthless in reality

He's a fugazi :greengrin said it at the time, awful manager, thank goodness Budge, Levein, and Nanny can't spot a player or manager :aok:

Players at Hearts can't stand Stendel and think he's a fraud. Lots of unrest there.

CloudSquall
12-02-2020, 08:55 PM
Can .net's "Heart's have turned it around, it's all over" Stendel fan club let me know when Hearts are now projected to hit the Euro spots?

Asking for a friend.

:greengrin

Weegreenman
12-02-2020, 08:55 PM
Surely they can’t lose to Hamilton can they ? :greengrin

12-02-2020, 08:56 PM
Penny starting to drop for a few of the cardigan enthusiasts regarding just how pish an appointment stendel was

Jack Hackett
12-02-2020, 09:02 PM
He's a fugazi :greengrin said it at the time, awful manager, thank goodness Budge, Levein, and Nanny can't spot a player or manager :aok:

Players at Hearts can't stand Stendel and think he's a fraud. Lots of unrest there.

The 'simple' fans make it a full house of deluded hearts

calumhibee1
12-02-2020, 09:03 PM
Subs after half an hour and at half time, poppadom hands goalie who can’t make a save and guys getting stupid reds when it’s not going there way.

They have all the makings of a relegation.

LancsHibs
12-02-2020, 09:07 PM
Stendel is a diamond

More like a polished turd:greengrin

truehibernian
12-02-2020, 09:08 PM
The 'simple' fans make it a full house of deluded hearts

As I've posted previously Jack, I know a few folk at Hearts and they think he's awful (Stendel) and there is huge division in their club. Dressing room is completely split. Love it :greengrin:aok:

FilipinoHibs
12-02-2020, 09:11 PM
Pumped again but the other two candidates lost to. Saturday massive for them.

Kato
12-02-2020, 09:13 PM
As I've posted previously Jack, I know a few folk at Hearts and they think he's awful (Stendel) and there is huge division in their club. Dressing room is completely split. Love it :greengrin:aok:Music

If that's the case and I've no reason to doubt their goose is cooked. Really hope Budge lingers as long as possible as she's as much use with a football club as ma dug is with quantum physics.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
12-02-2020, 09:14 PM
Stendel is a diamond

Like a game of cards starts off with two hearts and a diamond and ends with a club and a spade.

jacomo
12-02-2020, 09:15 PM
Penny starting to drop for a few of the cardigan enthusiasts regarding just how pish an appointment stendel was

I’ve ignored Kickback for years but it’s just sooo tempting to have a wee look.

One poster criticising Stendel is dismissed as a peg seller. Nah mate, I assure you us Hibbies think he’s doing a great job!

Viva_Palmeiras
12-02-2020, 09:15 PM
22 shots on goal from Celtic tonight!

22 in a row?

bingo70
12-02-2020, 09:17 PM
Pumped again but the other two candidates lost to. Saturday massive for them.

Hamilton and St Mirren will regularly lose games, they both seem to have a nack of picking up the odd wins here and there though.

Psychologically losing every week won’t bother them the same way it will Hearts. The longer the game goes at the weekend nil nil the more nervous Hearts will become. I don’t think Hamilton or St Mirren will have that problem.

Still think Hearts will finish 2nd bottom though. I think a lot of Headts fans are assuming they’ll get 6 points from their next 2 games and they’ll kick on from there.....

I’m far from convinced.

Tug Wilson
12-02-2020, 09:37 PM
Hamilton and St Mirren will regularly lose games, they both seem to have a nack of picking up the odd wins here and there though.

Psychologically losing every week won’t bother them the same way it will Hearts. The longer the game goes at the weekend nil nil the more nervous Hearts will become. I don’t think Hamilton or St Mirren will have that problem.

Still think Hearts will finish 2nd bottom though. I think a lot of Headts fans are assuming they’ll get 6 points from their next 2 games and they’ll kick on from there.....

I’m far from convinced.

Chatting to my Hearts supporting mate and he is very much of the mind that many fans would take 11th and a play off just now.

Maximum points in the next 2 games would probably convince them that they are safe but anything less and they are stuffed.

They can't afford to lose either of these games.

Onceinawhile
12-02-2020, 09:39 PM
St mirren are four points ahead of them. That's a big gap for a team with 6 points out of 30.

Lose either of the next two and they are finishing 11th at best.

Lancs Harp
12-02-2020, 09:44 PM
You cant take it away from them though that they were Champions in September.

Sir David Gray
12-02-2020, 09:54 PM
A defeat on Saturday and they're gone in my opinion.

It's a huge game for them.

Hibeesmad
12-02-2020, 10:00 PM
A defeat on Saturday and they're gone in my opinion.

It's a huge game for them.

Lose on Saturday and the fans will turn on their diamond.

JJP
12-02-2020, 10:04 PM
Not sure about Hamilton but I reckon St Mirren will beat them.

Heisenberg
12-02-2020, 10:04 PM

Yeah I reckon they’ll beat Hamilton on Saturday but St Mirren will be much tougher. Hamilton down and Hearts in the playoffs is my guess.

Oscar T Grouch
13-02-2020, 09:42 AM

I think Hamilton have suffered from Rice being banned, I think when he is back they will do their usual and pick up points where you don't expect them to, hertz will probably pick up 3 given it is at the tiny PBS. St Mirren will probably beat them at home. Can I just add that I am enjoying every tear and snotter emanating from jambos at the moment, I feel their pain and it is a good feeling. I hope they go into the split needing to win most of their remaining games to stay up, just for the entertainment factor!!

emerald green
13-02-2020, 09:52 AM
Just seen the "highlights" of last night's Celtic v Hearts mismatch and I have to say Hearts were so s**** it's unbelievable. Very pleasing. :greengrin

Diclonius
13-02-2020, 09:59 AM
If they don't win on Saturday then they have to be favourites for the drop.