PDA

View Full Version : Highlights from Ibrox Here

Hermit Crab
06-02-2020, 12:03 AM
https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/6974

Hermit Crab
06-02-2020, 12:10 AM
How is that tackle not a red card?? :confused:

First goal, Hanlon, stupid free kick. Newell misses the header, Omeonga fresh airs it and Stevenson is marking nobody and should have blocked the shot but it goes through his legs. Mariano beaten at his near post as well. :rolleyes:

Completely lost our shape for the second goal Left back and LCH absolutely nowhere. Criminal defending, everyone was ball watching!

Wheat Hound
06-02-2020, 12:20 AM
Thought that re the tackle. If Porteous' is a red, that's a red. Dangerous and 2 footed. Typical

BILLYHIBS
06-02-2020, 05:53 AM
If Porteous was sent off for a similar challenge that was a red

Surprised our first goal was allowed to stand ?

Only because Mr Angry made a Horlicks of it and it resulted in a goal against them

Not in the script

Goal reaction was a minority of 40000 Huns singing No Surrender

Nothing like a good old fashioned football song?

In fairness both The Rangers goals excellent strikes

The first one The Rangers scorer should not have been on the park

The second one a suspicion of offside but hey it’s Ibrox

I missed seeing Kamberi in his new shiny orange tracksuit :greengrin

Hibernian Verse
06-02-2020, 06:34 AM

First goal, Hanlon, stupid free kick. Newell misses the header, Omeonga fresh airs it and Stevenson is marking nobody and should have blocked the shot but it goes through his legs. Mariano beaten at his near post as well. :rolleyes:

Completely lost our shape for the second goal Left back and LCH absolutely nowhere. Criminal defending, everyone was ball watching!Edmundson missed the header in the first place about a yard away from Newell so not sure why you're picking out Newell as at fault. It was a lucky opportunity followed by a good finish.

Hagi is the best player in that Rangers team and a bigger club than them will make a permanent move in the Summer. The way he found space was actually good to watch, despite it being in blue.

Before I get hounded it's not often I appreciate a hun's play.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

mcfly
06-02-2020, 06:37 AM
How did we not strengthen defensively in jan?

The second goal where was Lewis Stevenson? Awful defending again. We keep losing goals.

Sorry but he needs competition for his place. He should not be a certain starter every game.

hibbysam
06-02-2020, 06:46 AM

Completely lost our shape for the second goal Left back and LCH absolutely nowhere. Criminal defending, everyone was ball watching!

Second goal was the second phase of a corner, you don’t have a normal ‘shape’ at that point, the two people to ‘blame’ are Daz for being slow in getting out, playing him onside, and Newell who charged out without checking what was behind him.

The first goal, your comments about Marciano are hilarious. All this ‘near post’ garbage is just that. Would you like him to just stand on his near post so he isn’t beaten there? His positioning is fine, the ball is rocketed through Stevenson’s legs about 8 yards out, meaning he doesn’t see it til after that, he has about 1/10th of a second to react to that and get down to save it.

GreenCastle
06-02-2020, 07:15 AM
It was a bad challenge but not surprised red wasn’t given.

Surprised our goal allowed as 95% of the time huns keeper wouldn’t be protected.

I’m more concerned why we conceded off another set piece - the marking / lack of marking is poor. Timing of goal at half time also really not ideal.

Didn’t expect anything last night but we definitely need to start picking up wins again if we are to stay in top 6.

B.H.F.C
06-02-2020, 07:21 AM
It was a bad challenge but not surprised red wasn’t given.

Surprised our goal allowed as 95% of the time huns keeper wouldn’t be protected.

I’m more concerned why we conceded off another set piece - the marking / lack of marking is poor. Timing of goal at half time also really not ideal.

Didn’t expect anything last night but we definitely need to start picking up wins again if we are to stay in top 6.

Was two set pieces we conceded from really with the second one been headed out and back in.

They got an element of luck but, on both occasions, the scorer was able to hit a shot from about 10 yards with nobody near him.

Whether it’s organisation, concentration or whatever it’s just typical of the way we’ve defended this year.

GreenCastle
06-02-2020, 07:35 AM
Was two set pieces we conceded from really with the second one been headed out and back in.

They got an element of luck but, on both occasions, the scorer was able to hit a shot from about 10 yards with nobody near him.

Whether it’s organisation, concentration or whatever it’s just typical of the way we’ve defended this year.

Set piece against St M at weekend also.

Agree it sums up how we have defended and everyone knows the back 4 needs looked at in summer...

Along with midfield...(no CDM)

Along with only 1 permanent striker..

JoeT_WasTheBest
06-02-2020, 07:39 AM
Sorry what tackle are we talking about? Watched it last night but don’t have time to watch the highlights just now!

hibee-boys
06-02-2020, 08:05 AM
If our goal is to be 'best of the rest' or at the very least challenge consistently for european places we need to sort out the defence. I'm not a football coach so I don't know if it's coaching, personnel etc but what i do know is that we concede far too many soft as sxxx goals due to horrendous defending.

The number of times our so called experienced defenders are climbing all over the back of attacking players who are not in a threatening position, giving away fouls, is beyond a joke....happens time and time again. The number of times our defensive unit, and that can include non defenders at times, are caught ball watching is criminal.

The finger should also be pointed at our goalkeeper who i admit is a good shot stopper, as evidenced last night, but seems to be attached to his goal line providing zero support to his centre halves. Never prepared to offer support by coming for, or clearing, any cross unless it is just about landing on his head! When Bogdan plays you will notice the difference.

Early days but I like what I've seen so far from Mcginn and I can't recall Jackson letting us down. If we're really serious about improving as a team the re-build starts with the back 5 and an upgrade is required in at least 4 of those 5 positions.

Pretty Boy
06-02-2020, 08:42 AM
Over the piece we were pretty good defensively last night but conceding 2 goals from 2 set pieces is evidence it is still an area we need to improve. Both with regards the defence itself and the protection they are getting from further forward.

LaMotta
06-02-2020, 08:59 AM

First goal , Newell doesnt miss a header, - the ball is far too high, Stevenson has no chance of making a block from the shot and Marciano can't be blamed in the slightest.

Stevenson does lose his man who scores though so should take the blame for that.

For the foul - At the game from the Hibs end you could see Morelos was also pulling Hanlon so they were both at it but no surprise the lino flagged for foul to Huns as per.

1van Sprou7e
06-02-2020, 11:14 AM
Shocker from McGregor for our goal

Hibeesmad
06-02-2020, 11:15 AM
How were our throw ins last night?

Peevemor
06-02-2020, 11:30 AM
Shocker from McGregor for our goal

Couldn't happen to a nicer raging lunatic.

Hermit Crab
06-02-2020, 12:31 PM
How were our throw ins last night?

Same as usual - pish.

Hibeesmad
06-02-2020, 01:51 PM
Same as usual - pish.

Frustrating.

Brightside
06-02-2020, 02:08 PM

I've given up trying to explain football to you now. If you cannot figure out why the second goal has nothing to do with Stevenson and Hanlon I'd really suggest you just read some books.

CMurdoch
07-02-2020, 12:58 PM
I've given up trying to explain football to you now. If you cannot figure out why the second goal has nothing to do with Stevenson and Hanlon I'd really suggest you just read some books.

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

Billy Whizz
07-02-2020, 04:07 PM
A wee push on Paul Hanlon, from the corner that eventually led, in the 2nd phase to Rangers winner

Baldy Foghorn
07-02-2020, 05:52 PM

Not trying to be wide, but how did the boy have so much room in our box?

hibbysam
07-02-2020, 07:55 PM
Not trying to be wide, but how did the boy have so much room in our box?

From the corner we clear it, instead of coming out in a shape Newell charges out not anticipating that it may end up back in behind us, coupled with McGregor being 3 yards slower than the rest, leaving Hagi clear. Unlike other scenarios, when clearing the box from a set piece ‘normal’ positions aren’t relevant, Stevenson is marking elsewhere and Newell was marking the left back area. Massive lack of shape, poor from Daz and Newell switched off, coupled by an exquisite finish.