PDA

View Full Version : Rangers fans

Chorley Hibee
05-02-2020, 10:54 PM
I have the misfortune to live through in the West, and my pal (guy in his sixties) and myself caught the underground back to St Enoch after the game.

A carriage full of threatening huns trying to intimidate two Hibees minding their own business, one guy right up in my pal's face threatening him whilst the whole carriage going through the usual "party songs".

Funny thing is despite all the intimidation and threats, not a single ****ing coward done anything - sums up the cretins perfectly to be honest.

To think they have the cheek to comment on the behaviour of others! They truly are the skidmark of football and Scottish society.

Hermit Crab
05-02-2020, 10:58 PM
The behaviour from both sets of fans tonight was particularly poor. Missiles from both sides, coins, pies and cups of liquid as well as the usual verbals.

Couple of fans from each end lifted/ejected by police.

CMurdoch
05-02-2020, 11:02 PM
The behaviour from both sets of fans tonight was particularly poor. Missiles from both sides, coins, pies and cups of liquid as well as the usual verbals.

Pies are too good and expensive to be thrown about.
Madness I tells you.

staunchhibby
06-02-2020, 07:10 AM
Tak it pies are crap at Ibrox to if they are throwing them away lol

Itsnoteasy
06-02-2020, 07:19 AM
Tak it pies are crap at Ibrox to if they are throwing them away lol

If that's the case why is there no pies flung at ER.

Chorley Hibee
06-02-2020, 07:24 AM

In 33 years of following Hibs, I've never encountered such vile hatred towards two individuals minding their own business and troubling nobody.

I'm pretty certain that if the shoe had been on the other foot, sensible Hibees (myself included) would have called out our own for behaviour such as I witnessed last night.

Not that lot though! They truly are the dregs of our society, enough to despair for humanity itself.

One Day
06-02-2020, 08:25 AM
In 33 years of following Hibs, I've never encountered such vile hatred towards two individuals minding their own business and troubling nobody.

I'm pretty certain that if the shoe had been on the other foot, sensible Hibees (myself included) would have called out our own for behaviour such as I witnessed last night.

Not that lot though! They truly are the dregs of our society, enough to despair for humanity itself.

Many year ago I got caught up in the middle of the Hun support in Bothwell Street going to a game and encountered the same vile sectarian hatred and abuse. My mate said we should do this every now and again just to remember why we hate them. S c u m of the earth

DH1875
06-02-2020, 08:51 AM
Your surprised? Always get the subway when playing them at ibrox and always have my colours covered.

KingPat4
06-02-2020, 09:09 AM
Pretty mild stuff compared to the seventies.

I remembered being threatened with a knife by a group of Huns at Waverley after a midweek game at ER. My crime? Wearing a Hibs scarf.

Had a broken bottle held to my face at a cup replay with them at ER around 1973. 50,000 there that night, no segregation.

Too many other episodes to mention.

I despise everything about that club.

Antifa Hibs
06-02-2020, 09:24 AM
Kinda feel sorry for Rangers fans. They're that far behind their main rivals they've got to pick fights with Hibs, Aberdeen, Motherwell and soon to be Dundee Utd. That's their new rivals. Before they died beating Hibs was just the same as them beating Hamilton Accies. Now they're beating Hibs and spending 10 minutes in the ground at full-time gloating. Bit of a ridneck for them TBF. Shame for the younger fans who don't know what a city rivalry is, a rivalry with Celtic is, there rivals are the "diddy teams" mentioned above and even Hearts FFS.

Paisley Hibby
06-02-2020, 09:25 AM
Your surprised? Always get the subway when playing them at ibrox and always have my colours covered.

From personal experience, even if you cover up your colours they still seem to be able to tell you're a Hibby. That's probably because we're all very handsome but have you ever seen a good looking Rangers fan? No, me neither.

BILLYHIBS
06-02-2020, 09:46 AM
Animals!

The seventies were much worse

I remember one semi final at Hampden

HIBS are cruising five minutes to go doing the Ole’s and singing Easy Easy!.

Next minute chant goes up from the Rangers end “ Your gonna get your ****ing heads kicked in” followed by a cloud o dust when it disappeared the Rangers End was empty

Scarfs up the jooks time

They were all outside the Celtic end waiting on us

Ah halcyon days! :greengrin

DH1875
06-02-2020, 10:28 AM
Threads like this make me laugh. Those big bad huns. I've seen with my own eyes our fans attack, threaten and kick the crap out of them over the years. Not just them either while I'm at it. Whiter than whiter lol.

Diclonius
06-02-2020, 10:58 AM
I've been to Ibrox three times and I've not once worn colours. Not taking any chances.

FilipinoHibs
06-02-2020, 11:06 AM
From personal experience, even if you cover up your colours they still seem to be able to tell you're a Hibby. That's probably because we're all very handsome but have you ever seen a good looking Rangers fan? No, me neither.

I was in a Rangers pub in Boness once with my girlfriend, the daughter of an Orangeman. And one hun said to me at least Hibs fans are good looking. They assumed we were all Catholics and Edinburgh's equivalent of Celtic.

BILLYHIBS
06-02-2020, 11:18 AM
Threads like this make me laugh. Those big bad huns. I've seen with my own eyes our fans attack, threaten and kick the crap out of them over the years. Not just them either while I'm at it. Whiter than whiter lol.
These colours don’t run :greengrin

zitelli62
06-02-2020, 11:35 AM
Watched the Scottish cup game when we beat them 3 0 think that was the score in a pub in linlithgow barman said to me you look like a hibs fan when the third went in he said I want no trouble I was the only hibs fan there in a pub of about 50 people why would I cause trouble we just won how do they know what we look like can only be because we have all our features in the right place there a strange lot.

RoxburghHibs
06-02-2020, 12:24 PM
Watched the Scottish cup game when we beat them 3 0 think that was the score in a pub in linlithgow barman said to me you look like a hibs fan when the third went in he said I want no trouble I was the only hibs fan there in a pub of about 50 people why would I cause trouble we just won how do they know what we look like can only be because we have all our features in the right place there a strange lot.

Did they not teach punctuation at your school?

:greengrin :wink:

But I agree we are 100% better looking than supporters of other clubs :flag:

stalbanshibby
06-02-2020, 12:27 PM

:greengrin

Cataplana
06-02-2020, 12:27 PM
I was in a Rangers pub in Boness once with my girlfriend, the daughter of an Orangeman. And one hun said to me at least Hibs fans are good looking. They assumed we were all Catholics and Edinburgh's equivalent of Celtic.

Perhaps you were in a gay bar, and you misunderstood what they assumed altogether?

Killiehibbie
06-02-2020, 12:40 PM

My first visit was when i was 9 and although their attitude has never really changed i've never felt particularly threatened since i was about 15, cowardly bullies the lot of them.

surreyhibbie
06-02-2020, 12:49 PM
only went to that dump once

once was enough. went to the main stand where all the old men sat, thinking we'd be safe.

That would be all the old men with razor scars and bits of ear missing etc..

left our scarves on the bus thinking we would blend in, had the exact opposite effect.

Only time in my life I was worried at a football match. Even applauded when the Huns scored.

Never again.

wpj
06-02-2020, 12:51 PM

Went to school in Bo'ness, total rangers town
Not been back for many many years

StevesFamau5
06-02-2020, 12:52 PM
I have yet to meet a gracious bluenose.

Always incredibly bitter and angry regardless of situation. You can't even have a simple joke with them, it is like everything is an attack on their 'way of life'.

Utterly bizarre group of individuals.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Smartie
06-02-2020, 12:56 PM
Perhaps you were in a gay bar, and you misunderstood what they assumed altogether?

“Bears”.

The 90+2
06-02-2020, 01:30 PM
I have yet to meet a gracious bluenose.

Always incredibly bitter and angry regardless of situation. You can't even have a simple joke with them, it is like everything is an attack on their 'way of life'.

Utterly bizarre group of individuals.

I mind me and my mate with our two girlfriends at the time got spat on outside the ground and that was after being pumped 4-0 I think, the week before the Scottish cup final in 01. Nothing gave me greater pleasure than being there at the Ivan game, the Scottish cup game and the Lewis goal game.

Lancs Harp
06-02-2020, 05:11 PM
Dont think they will ever see us other than "Edinburgh celtic"

WeeRussell
06-02-2020, 05:59 PM
Disgusting, smelly, vile, ugly b***ards.

emerald green
06-02-2020, 06:08 PM
I have the misfortune to live through in the West, and my pal (guy in his sixties) and myself caught the underground back to St Enoch after the game.

A carriage full of threatening huns trying to intimidate two Hibees minding their own business, one guy right up in my pal's face threatening him whilst the whole carriage going through the usual "party songs".

Funny thing is despite all the intimidation and threats, not a single ****ing coward done anything - sums up the cretins perfectly to be honest.

To think they have the cheek to comment on the behaviour of others! They truly are the skidmark of football and Scottish society.

How did they know you were Hibs supporters? You were maybe lucky the Huns won, otherwise you might not have got away so lightly.

Chorley Hibee
06-02-2020, 07:06 PM
How did they know you were Hibs supporters? You were maybe lucky the Huns won, otherwise you might not have got away so lightly.

Because my friend had the temerity to wear his Hibs scarf to the game (as he always does) and tens of bigoted, cowardly, moronic, grown men couldn't contain their hatred and anger for the colour green.

I can't believe that some people are almost excusing their behaviour and insinuating we were to blame in some way.

No wonder they behave in the manner they do with this attitude.

Smartie
06-02-2020, 07:10 PM
Because my friend had the temerity to wear his Hibs scarf to the game (as he always does) and tens of bigoted, cowardly morons couldn't contain their hatred and anger for the colour green.

I can't believe that some people are almost excusing their behaviour and insinuating we were to blame in some manner.

I know what you mean but it is no secret that huge numbers of them are subhuman trash, the rest are apologists for them and they exist and thrive in plain sight of the law.

It sucks, but there is no way I would wear colours through there.

I don’t go to Rangers games any more, for a multitude of reasons, but mainly because I am appalled at the level of behaviour that is deemed acceptable from their supporters, and I don’t want to get drawn into anything. Again.

They also consistently manage to bring the worst out in our own idiots.

EI255
06-02-2020, 07:32 PM

To think they have the cheek to comment on the behaviour of others! They truly are the skidmark of football and Scottish society.Mikey Stewart... He hates the Huns [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Jones28
06-02-2020, 08:13 PM
Because my friend had the temerity to wear his Hibs scarf to the game (as he always does) and tens of bigoted, cowardly, moronic, grown men couldn't contain their hatred and anger for the colour green.

I can't believe that some people are almost excusing their behaviour and insinuating we were to blame in some way.

At the end of the day you take your life into your own hands wearing colours to castle greyskull. It’s no secret how unhinged some of them are.

It’s not excusing it, it’s just like health and safety. The safest thing to do is to remove the hazard altogether. That would be not going to Ibrox. Simple. The next step is to make a hazardous job less so. Don’t wear colours.

Chorley Hibee
06-02-2020, 09:05 PM
At the end of the day you take your life into your own hands wearing colours to castle greyskull. It’s no secret how unhinged some of them are.

It’s not excusing it, it’s just like health and safety. The safest thing to do is to remove the hazard altogether. That would be not going to Ibrox. Simple. The next step is to make a hazardous job less so. Don’t wear colours.

Sorry, but it is excusing it, and by continually bowing down to it - we are exacerbating the problem further. The **** involved then become further emboldened with their actions against innocent individuals.

Jesus, we have countless threads right now speaking about Rangers and how they are bullying Scottish football and the country's media and "impartial" national broadcaster, yet here we are excusing the very same behaviour their **** fans are involved in against our own support.

As I said above, it's this backing down attitude to them that helps to embolden the "untouchable" attitude and behaviour throughout their rancid club.

These ****bags are responsible for their behaviour, not me, my friend or the colour of our scarves.

jacomo
06-02-2020, 09:08 PM
Sorry, but it is excusing it, and by continually bowing down to it - we are exacerbating the problem further. The **** involved then become further emboldened with their actions against innocent individuals.

Jesus, we have countless threads right now speaking about Rangers and how they are bullying Scottish football and the country's media and "impartial" national broadcaster, yet here we are excusing the very same behaviour their **** fans are involved in against our own support.

As I said above, it's this backing down attitude to them that helps to embolden their "untouchable" attitude and behaviour throughout their rancid club.

These ****bags are responsible for their behaviour, not me, my friend or the colour of our scarves.

Hard to argue with you.

Scouse Hibee
06-02-2020, 09:09 PM

As I said above, it's this backing down attitude to them that helps to embolden their "untouchable" attitude and behaviour throughout their rancid club.

Well said, totally agree with you.

BegbieHSC
06-02-2020, 09:26 PM
Huns are simply the **** of the earth.

Hearts are our big rivals, but I’ve never once felt intimidated walking up Princes Street back to the Walk after a derby at Tynie.

The Huns however - different story. Me and my pal, back in the play off game 2nd leg in 2015 got confronted at the bottom of Carlton Road, just down from Parliament, getting the whole ‘fenian *******s’ patter from a group of them.

Nothing serious - just a couple of swings, and mostly handbags tbh, but what was our crime? Wearing Hibs scarves in our own city!

Hope their newco goes the same way as their deid club, and hopefully the dregs just sit in the Louden greetin for the rest of their puff!

AlbertK86
06-02-2020, 09:29 PM

Can’t believe you sound surprised.... they always have been and always will be the most odious hubris mob ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StevesFamau5
06-02-2020, 09:32 PM

As I said above, it's this backing down attitude to them that helps to embolden the "untouchable" attitude and behaviour throughout their rancid club.

These ****bags are responsible for their behaviour, not me, my friend or the colour of our scarves.Thread winner right here!

FilipinoHibs
06-02-2020, 09:39 PM

Yes I forgot there are lot of Gay bars in Boness which have Rangers songs on the jukebox, portraits of King Billy behind the bar and knuckle dragging customers.

jgl07
06-02-2020, 09:48 PM
Yes I forgot there are lot of Gay bars in Boness which have Rangers songs on the jukebox, portraits of King Billy behind the bar and knuckle dragging customers.

Don’t forget that King Billy was gay himself. Allegedly!

Scouse Hibee
06-02-2020, 10:06 PM

That would explain the “Up King Billy” chants.

FilipinoHibs
06-02-2020, 10:08 PM

Yes definitely one of Rangers gay bars then.

mca
06-02-2020, 10:14 PM
Maybe just a few years ago shopping in the town of Lanark i got called a fenian btard shortly after i had finished parking my dark green scrapheap of a car... I asked How !!?? he said i looked just like a tim or an aids ridden hibby... he was trying to start a fight about half 10 on a tuesday morning,,,,

This was a Buckfast swigging kappa kinda wearing monster.. Rab C Days..

They can suss ye oot alright.. :confused:

Ps.. never been a Junkie and i don't have Aids.. - this was 1987..

They will never change !!

Stantons Angel
06-02-2020, 11:14 PM
Animals!

The seventies were much worse

I remember one semi final at Hampden

HIBS are cruising five minutes to go doing the Ole’s and singing Easy Easy!.

Next minute chant goes up from the Rangers end “ Your gonna get your ****ing heads kicked in” followed by a cloud o dust when it disappeared the Rangers End was empty

Scarfs up the jooks time

They were all outside the Celtic end waiting on us

Ah halcyon days! :greengrin

Yip, i was at that game too amidst the chanting there was a rumbling noise behind us and as you say, a big cloud of dust appeared behind us with their supporters emerging from it screaming and shouting at us.

i got dragged down the terracing and literally thrown across the wall on to the dirt track to get me away
from them. Honestly it was really frightening in those days and they were and still are the most vile supporters in Scotland!

Another instance of their evil was also at Hampden we had drawn with them that day in a cup game and they were not at all pleased by that!

Sitting in a line of buses waiting to get away from the stadium they threw bottles and half bricks at the bus windows resulting in us all hitting the floor.

An elderley man on a bus in front of us was trying to get of the bus in fear and was standing at the door of the bus. Some kung fu expert literally swung around a lampost
and launched himself feet first at the bus door where the wee man was standing. He knocked him flying against the drivers carriage splitting his head open and fell to the ground.

The assailant and his palss could only laugh at the state of the old man. This brought half the bus off into the street and the cowards ran away. Ive never been so glad to get away from any stadium as i was that day!

The ride home was so chilly too with half the windows smashed!

This my friend is supporting your team the Rangers way!!!

Halmyre Hibee
07-02-2020, 01:02 AM
Only been to Rangers v Hibs at Ibrox twice in my lifetime. 1973 Scottish Cup 1-1 Alan Gordon header. Was only 13 and dad whose not a fitba fan took me through on train. Not a catholic but was called a fenian which I didn’t know what it meant. Last time in mid 80’s second lleg of League Cup semi final lost 1-0 but won 2-1 on aggregate. Stupidly took my car with a few mates and parked in housing scheme close by. It was like the film Zulu when we came out with the locals waiting for us. Once again subjected to Fenian chants and other verbal abuse together with a few gobbings directed towards us. Fortunately a few coppers close by so managed to get to car and got away without getting a kicking. Only been back to Ibrox for Celtic cup ties as a neutral venue. Vowed never to go back to a Rangers game there and never have. **** of the earth.

stuart-farquhar
07-02-2020, 03:20 AM
Ive only ever been assaulted at or near games by Rangers people. Bottled when 12 at Easter Road. Assaulted by their fans in Ibrox of old. Screamed at by passing cars calling me and my 10yr old daughter "fenian ****s". Scotland tolerates this disgrace. From the lowest to the top,it's never going to go away.

There's way more time and energy put into race equality and the LGBT etc. Equally important indeed, but ignoring our worst manifestation of bigotry.

Horrible people.

KingPat4
07-02-2020, 10:20 AM
Probably not a PC thing to say, but the story of the Hibs casuals going into a pub in Govan before a game and battering the crap out of them, still cheers me up.

FilipinoHibs
07-02-2020, 10:49 AM
Probably not a PC thing to say, but the story of the Hibs casuals going into a pub in Govan before a game and battering the crap out of them, still cheers me up.

😄

Jones28
07-02-2020, 10:52 AM

I absolutely agree.

But I would say to your friends that in the future if you want to avoid it from happening again don’t wear colours.

Unless they want to stand up and potentially take on a carriage full of rangers fans. I ain’t ****ing doing it and I’d hazard a guess that 99% of others wouldn’t either. I’ve been involved in too many near physical confrontations with my fellow Hibs fans over behaviour at games, never mind rangers fans.

Gaffer1875
07-02-2020, 08:35 PM
Prior to the 5-5 game I was walking down ER near the Iceland store with my, at the time 12 year old daughter. A group of about a dozen Rangers fans gave the two of us abuse, the usual stuff, and it’s the only time I’ve ever felt intimidated going to a game.

In my younger days I went to ibrox with some mates and vowed never again. There’s only so much piss you can take being thrown at you.

Sweet Left Peg
07-02-2020, 10:29 PM
Prior to the 5-5 game I was walking down ER near the Iceland store with my, at the time 12 year old daughter. A group of about a dozen Rangers fans gave the two of us abuse, the usual stuff, and it’s the only time I’ve ever felt intimidated going to a game.

In my younger days I went to ibrox with some mates and vowed never again. There’s only so much piss you can take being thrown at you.

And darts!

SouthMoroccoStu
08-02-2020, 12:59 AM

It really pisses me off that, I’m sorry for saying it, but the police are useless when it comes to controlling them (and Celtic) when they visit Easter Road

They seem to take over the streets intimidating our supporters, drinking buckie and singing sectarian songs

Last season walking down ER I pointed out to a police officer they were singing their songs (not subtly either) and I was asked to “move on”

When we go to Glasgow we are treated like second class citizens

No wonder they think they’re untouchable

CL0762
08-02-2020, 05:51 AM
I managed to get a ticket for the 3-2 game (Slivka volley) the night before and had to travel through on my own. Got the underground from Queen street and that was intimidating in itself. I could almost feel eyes burning as if to say 'you're one of them'.

One Day
08-02-2020, 07:29 AM

Me too

BegbieHSC
09-02-2020, 03:56 PM
Maybe just a few years ago shopping in the town of Lanark i got called a fenian btard shortly after i had finished parking my dark green scrapheap of a car... I asked How !!?? he said i looked just like a tim or an aids ridden hibby... he was trying to start a fight about half 10 on a tuesday morning,,,,

This was a Buckfast swigging kappa kinda wearing monster.. Rab C Days..

They can suss ye oot alright.. :confused:

Ps.. never been a Junkie and i don't have Aids.. - this was 1987..

They will never change !!

Always thought Lanark was a posh wee town, but I know a couple of Hibbys from there who’ve experienced the same a few times, getting off the train after games.
Huns are at it everywhere it seems.

mca
09-02-2020, 09:56 PM
Always thought Lanark was a posh wee town, but I know a couple of Hibbys from there who’ve experienced the same a few times, getting off the train after games.
Huns are at it everywhere it seems.

I grew up in Biggar and the lanark area and the Gala days and the Laminers etc during the 80's !!!

All i seem to remember is orange lodges and gers or tic fans singing their respective songs drunkenly in each of the the small villages etc...

even in my primary school days with ally mccoist and the souness era - everything else seemed to be about the weggie teams and drinking Buckfast..

always thought of Biggar as closer to edinburgh than effing glasgow tho :greengrin

KingPat4
10-02-2020, 10:17 AM
Biggar is nearly 20 miles further away from Glasgow that it is Edinburgh.

But, it's in Lanarkshire, near the River Clyde and has a Motherwell postcode.

Always thought if it as a west of Scotland town.

Great chippie though.

greenlex
10-02-2020, 10:21 AM
I live in Lanarkshire and have a Motherwell post code. Everyone knows who I support and nobody bothers me in the slightest.

Gaffer1875
10-02-2020, 10:23 AM
I live in Lanarkshire and have a Motherwell post code. Everyone knows who I support and nobody bothers me in the slightest.

I live in Hamilton and whilst I don’t often wear colours ( if I do they think it’s Celtic anyway) I’ve not had much bother unless I’ve been closer to Glasgow where either you’ll get ‘that’s a strange looking Celtic shirt’ or ‘fffing Hibs, can’t stand you lot’ [emoji854]

LancsHibs
10-02-2020, 10:28 AM

Great chippie though.

Great chippie, can’t count how many fish suppers I’ve had on my way back down the road:greengrin

hibby rae
10-02-2020, 10:36 AM
Great chippie, can’t count how many fish suppers I’ve had on my way back down the road:greengrin

Does it do chippy sauce though?

LancsHibs
10-02-2020, 10:50 AM
Does it do chippy sauce though?

No too far out!

hibby rae
10-02-2020, 10:52 AM
No too far out!

Ah sadly I can't get on board with a chippy that doesn't. 😡

Golden Bear
10-02-2020, 10:54 AM

Great chippie though.

:agree:

A lot of the locals speak with a west of scotland accent, the town marks the geographic boundary of civilisation as we know it.

:wink:

kaimendhibs
10-02-2020, 10:57 AM
I live in Lanarkshire and have a Motherwell post code. Everyone knows who I support and nobody bothers me in the slightest.I am the exact same. My wife even had the front of the house decorated with flags and scarves when I got home on 21.5.16
However, that is not representative of the majority of sevco who are detestible

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Crab apple
10-02-2020, 12:29 PM
Ah sadly I can't get on board with a chippy that doesn't. 😡

So true. I’m in Eyemouth just now and sadly it’s salt and vinegar.

KingPat4
10-02-2020, 12:41 PM
No too far out!

Memory must be shot. I thought it did.

DH1875
10-02-2020, 12:48 PM
Living in Glasgow I'm usually met with the "I've never met a Hibs fan before". I've got friends and family who support them. Most of them are alright until it comes to football. Then they are all complete wallopers and got to point I refuse to watch anything involving both teams with any of them.

BegbieHSC
10-02-2020, 03:11 PM

Great chippie though.

Tbf, I always thought Lanark was closer to Edinburgh as well. Name I suppose instantly identifies it as Lanarkshire. I've been a few times, and the chippy isnae great though :(.

The closest teams are Accies, Motherwell, and the ****bos, but I suppose the mentality out there is if there's no a team on your doorstep, you support the OF.

KingPat4
10-02-2020, 03:32 PM
Tbf, I always thought Lanark was closer to Edinburgh as well. Name I suppose instantly identifies it as Lanarkshire. I've been a few times, and the chippy isnae great though :(.

The closest teams are Accies, Motherwell, and the ****bos, but I suppose the mentality out there is if there's no a team on your doorstep, you support the OF.

You've gone to the wrong chippie.

kaimendhibs
10-02-2020, 03:41 PM
Some of the most horrid hearts fans I've ever encountered were in Biggar, in the Elphinstone hotel to be exact

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

EI255
10-02-2020, 04:35 PM
Yes I forgot there are lot of Gay bars in Boness which have Rangers songs on the jukebox, portraits of King Billy behind the bar and knuckle dragging customers.Just why would grown men in 2020 enjoy a gay man on a horse from a bygone era?

EI255
10-02-2020, 04:36 PM
Don’t forget that King Billy was gay himself. Allegedly!He was indeed.

LancsHibs
10-02-2020, 06:18 PM
Memory must be shot. I thought it did.

Maybe an assumption on my part!

EI255
10-02-2020, 06:58 PM
Wonder how long it took King Billy to come out? Who did he tell first? Was his father shocked? So many unanswered questions about a gay chap and a horse.

Bostonhibby
10-02-2020, 07:14 PM
Wonder how long it took King Billy to come out? Who did he tell first? Was his father shocked? So many unanswered questions about a gay chap and a horse.

Sent from my LG-H840 using TapatalkWere the bouffant wigs and make up a clue? Or was he actually the Lily Savage of his day?

What would he think of all his present day admirers with their tattoos of him on his white pony, resplendent in his wig, make up and lipstick?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

we are hibs
10-02-2020, 07:20 PM
Rangers latest statement is an absolute embarrassment and has that fat cretin traynors greasy pawprints all over it.

Northernhibee
10-02-2020, 07:40 PM
Rangers latest statement is an absolute embarrassment and has that fat cretin traynors greasy pawprints all over it.

They’re an abomination and shameful to Scotland.

Smartie
10-02-2020, 07:47 PM
Not sure if I got the link off here, but Keith Jackson’s piece about Craig Whyte through tears and snotters made for great reading.

That, and Traynor revelling in a 12 year old being charged with a racist offence have made for a comical day in Sevcoland.

Keith_M
10-02-2020, 08:06 PM
Not sure if I got the link off here, but Keith Jackson’s piece about Craig Whyte through tears and snotters made for great reading.

That, and Traynor revelling in a 12 year old being charged with a racist offence have made for a comical day in Sevcoland.

Sad stuff.

Especially the story about Dave King being mugged.

Bostonhibby
10-02-2020, 08:19 PM
Sad stuff.

Especially the story about Dave King being mugged.Aye, the mugger was relieved of his fags, his phone and all his money.

Jones28
10-02-2020, 08:43 PM

It reads like an opinion piece in a fanzine, not a statement from a club website.

So yes, absolutely the handy work of Traynor.

Pretty Boy
10-02-2020, 08:49 PM

It's the 21st century, his sexuality probably isn't an issue anymore. Sexual and gender fluidity is understood and, for the most part accepted now.

The alliance with and support from Pope Alexander VIII and the Mass celebrated in the Vatican in honour of his victory. Now it might be a problem if you mention that particular fact to your average hun......

BILLYHIBS
10-02-2020, 09:02 PM
It's the 21st century, his sexuality probably isn't an issue anymore. Sexual and gender fluidity is understood and, for the most part accepted now.

The alliance with and support from Pope Alexander VIII and the Mass celebrated in the Vatican in honour of his victory. Now it might be a problem if you mention that particular fact to your average hun......

Strange but true

Every day is a school day :greengrin

Iggy Pope
10-02-2020, 09:03 PM

Rubber Ducked an endless amount of Popes as well. Him with his disease-infested wig and his white tights. What a good reason to give Ibrox a wide berth such is the esteem in which they hold this clear deviant.

The Tubs
10-02-2020, 09:05 PM
If there are any decent bizzies in scotland, they must feel ashamed of their employer today.

KingPat4
10-02-2020, 10:11 PM
If there are any decent bizzies in scotland, they must feel ashamed of their employer today.

Pigs and other farm animals are being discussed on a another thread.

OxoHibby
10-02-2020, 10:24 PM
So true. I’m in Eyemouth just now and sadly it’s salt and vinegar.

They deffo have sauce in eyemouth if you ask for it

TheCabbage
11-02-2020, 05:39 AM
I take my daughter swimming to a mix of pools in Blantyre Hamilton Motherwell and Coatbridge.
Fair to say I’ve had abuse at them all for the prominent Hibs tattoo. Hate the matey smiles and comments from Celtic fans just as much tho!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

BILLYHIBS
11-02-2020, 06:23 AM
It did not look as though their new socially and culturally inclusive initiative is working judging from their supporters behaviour at their last visit to Easter Road

3000 obviously never got the email

A truly horrible horrible club

Carheenlea
11-02-2020, 06:37 AM
It did not look as though their new socially and culturally inclusive initiative is working judging from their supporters behaviour at their last visit to Easter Road

3000 obviously never got the email

A truly horrible horrible club

“Everyone, Anyone” apart from fenians

BILLYHIBS
11-02-2020, 07:04 AM
“Everyone, Anyone” apart from fenians

No checked the official The Rangers website and it does say “faith”

I reckon a fair percentage of their first team squad will be Catholic

Horrible horrible club trying and failing to be normal :greengrin

Carheenlea
12-02-2020, 11:16 AM
This chap is proper staunch - proper Rangers :lolrangers:

https://youtu.be/9sMSaUErAY4

Hermit Crab
12-02-2020, 02:43 PM
This chap is proper staunch - proper Rangers :lolrangers:

https://youtu.be/9sMSaUErAY4

Thats a whopper by the way. I wonder if he still has these beliefs in 2020. Absolute rasper.

FilipinoHibs
13-02-2020, 06:45 AM
From the Herald:
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18227806.neil-cameron-rangers-alfredo-morelos-statement-left-baffled/?ref=appshr

The Captain....
13-02-2020, 07:47 AM
From the Herald:
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18227806.neil-cameron-rangers-alfredo-morelos-statement-left-baffled/?ref=appshrSeems a few journalists are now willing to stick their heads above the parapet. Still not enough and disgracefully not the BBC. I wonder if in the inquest into Rangers implosion Traynor's position will come under greater scrutiny. Rangers PR has been an absolute car crash over the last month especially but stretching back much further than that.

Jabba must be a wet dream to Celtic..every time he cannae help himself and spews forth another ham fisted tirade he increases the pressure on Rangers and they capitulate.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Springbank
13-02-2020, 08:27 AM
Seems a few journalists are now willing to stick their heads above the parapet. Still not enough and disgracefully not the BBC. I wonder if in the inquest into Rangers implosion Traynor's position will come under greater scrutiny. Rangers PR has been an absolute car crash over the last month especially but stretching back much further than that.

Jabba must be a wet dream to Celtic..every time he cannae help himself and spews forth another ham fisted tirade he increases the pressure on Rangers and they capitulate.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You could forgive Celtic fans for singing (about their ninth title on the trot)

:singing:"Jim Traynor lost the league at Rugby Park"

Onion
13-02-2020, 06:31 PM
From the Herald:
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18227806.neil-cameron-rangers-alfredo-morelos-statement-left-baffled/?ref=appshr

Enjoyed that.

Sevco have spent MILLIONS and tried every trick in the book just to be Celtic's bitches yet again. Think the last few weeks have been bad ? This is a mere appetiser, Wait until this time next year when Celtic are homing in on 10IAR. The Huns will be in apoplectic meltdown, thrashing out at everyone, anyone and the world in general. Delicious and poetic.

But we all need to remember, no one likes them and THEY DON'T CARE :greengrin:thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
13-02-2020, 06:38 PM
Thats a whopper by the way. I wonder if he still has these beliefs in 2020. Absolute rasper.Who are the prodizdunts he speaks of?

Strange guy who probably spends most of his spare time stalking folk at Star Trek and Doctor Who conventions.

CockneyRebel
13-02-2020, 07:04 PM
Who are the prodizdunts he speaks of?

Strange guy who probably spends most of his spare time stalking folk at Star Trek and Doctor Who conventions.

He says it represents freedom to do whatever you want as long as you are a law abiding person! You couldn't make it up.
I am 73 and was raised a Protestant and only now I find out that that all these years when I have been behaving myself (ish) I could have been doing whatever I liked. Jeezo what a waste. In my twilight years I will endeavour to misbehave and make mischief wherever I go.

Bostonhibby
13-02-2020, 07:23 PM
He says it represents freedom to do whatever you want as long as you are a law abiding person! You couldn't make it up.
I am 73 and was raised a Protestant and only now I find out that that all these years when I have been behaving myself (ish) I could have been doing whatever I liked. Jeezo what a waste. In my twilight years I will endeavour to misbehave and make mischief wherever I go.I hear you, born into a protestant family, I can honestly say that it and religions like it have made me the happy atheist I am today.

Problem with the protestant grouping for me is that a very large number of them have no idea about the religion they profess to belong to beyond supporting the team formerly known as Glasgow rangers and selectively hating Kaffliks.

gbhibby
13-02-2020, 08:27 PM
https://youtu.be/19j95pGNzI8

Watch this and laugh. The frightening thing is nothing much has changef

Sent from my LDN-L01 using Tapatalk

monktonharp
13-02-2020, 09:06 PM
Threads like this make me laugh. Those big bad huns. I've seen with my own eyes our fans attack, threaten and kick the crap out of them over the years. Not just them either while I'm at it. Whiter than whiter lol.just that we are a much" whiter shade of pale," than that bunch o' roses. Shame to mention them in the same sentence as the bunch o roses pub at Kemps' corner, Edin.

Killiehibbie
14-02-2020, 06:06 AM
just that we are a much" whiter shade of pale," than that bunch o' roses. Shame to mention them in the same sentence as the bunch o roses pub at Kemps' corner, Edin.

Blanket On The Ground was always preferred to Whiter Shade Of Pale in The Bunch

degenerated
14-02-2020, 06:44 AM
Rangers latest statement is an absolute embarrassment and has that fat cretin traynors greasy pawprints all over it.The union bears latest statement is an absolute pearler as well [emoji23]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200214/c08a4088ca74a8799338a2bfcc86b1ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Haymaker
14-02-2020, 06:49 AM
The union bears latest statement is an absolute pearler as well [emoji23]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200214/c08a4088ca74a8799338a2bfcc86b1ba.jpg

What. The. ****.

Jones28
14-02-2020, 07:03 AM
The union bears latest statement is an absolute pearler as well [emoji23]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200214/c08a4088ca74a8799338a2bfcc86b1ba.jpg

That’s got to be a wind up 😂😂😂

Bostonhibby
14-02-2020, 07:07 AM

Sent from my SM-G950F using TapatalkJeez, the irony is that they seem to be upset that these characters are somehow making sevconians a laughing stock because they are making erses of themselves by making hilarious statements in public.

degenerated
14-02-2020, 07:08 AM
That’s got to be a wind up [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]I would hope so but its do hard to tell with that lot.

Chorley Hibee
14-02-2020, 07:51 AM
Everything that club does now is beyond parody.

Smartie
14-02-2020, 07:54 AM
I saw that last night.

Some of the comments below it on Twitter are fantastic.

Oscar T Grouch
14-02-2020, 08:00 AM

First thing I did after reading that was to check my pod app for that and couldnae find it 😩 don’t want to dirty my google algorithm up by searching for it on google.

Bostonhibby
14-02-2020, 08:02 AM
I saw that last night.

Some of the comments below it on Twitter are fantastic.Shared it with my Arsenal supporting mate who just replied saying:-

"They sound like the upset playground bully who seem to be telling the other bears that if anyone's going to be in charge of sounding like idiots it's got to be us. (do grown ups really call each other bears?)"

JimBHibees
14-02-2020, 08:09 AM
Shared it with my Arsenal supporting mate who just replied saying:-

"They sound like the upset playground bully who seem to be telling the other bears that if anyone's going to be in charge of sounding like idiots it's got to be us. (do grown ups really call each other bears?)"

Think your mate has nailed it.

Couldn't help thinking of Yogi Bear and his mate Booboo when reading that statement. Half expected them to finish with the sign off. Smarter than the average bear. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
14-02-2020, 08:10 AM
Think your mate has nailed it.

Couldn't help thinking of Yogi Bear and his mate Booboo when reading that statement. Half expected them to finish with the sign off. Smarter than the average bear. :greengrin[emoji23][emoji23]

Radium
14-02-2020, 08:19 AM

It would be funny if The Big Man was saying it in a TV sketch but what we have is a public statement telling two guys who run a podcast that they know who they are, have checked them out and that they have to shut up now. A horribly entitled response from the lowest denominator in their support.

KingPat4
14-02-2020, 08:38 AM
The Rangers.

The Donald Trump of world football.

Carheenlea
14-02-2020, 08:52 AM
Bears :lolrangers:

That statement suggests they’ve been watching too many Johnny Adair and Billy Wright videos on YouTube - they really do see themselves as some sort of paramilitary group and dictating and issuing threats to other “bears” for falling foul of their rules.

They must surely know that the rest of Scottish football is laughing at them.

green&left
14-02-2020, 09:46 AM
That’s got to be a wind up 😂😂😂

It is. Celtic fans made it up. Although does sound like the exact type of thing the UB and other Huns would come out with.

lyonhibs
14-02-2020, 11:18 AM
I've also been sent on WhatsApp a video of one of the Rangers TV guys analysing the defeat to Kilmarnock. He looks distraught, proper thousand yard stare stuff. Hilarious 😂😂

CMurdoch
14-02-2020, 12:14 PM
From the Herald:

Good piece that lays out the situation as seen by football supporters that are not hard of thinking

h1bs4life
15-02-2020, 01:02 PM
Further interesting stuff from Glasgow Times today from Craig Whyte
https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18237567.craig-whyte-i-used-google-name-hated/

Not sure about the most hated man in Scotland maybe inside the blue hoose and parts of Northern Ireland would think he is very popular in most parts of Scotland.
Still think he was the fall guy for David Murray whose has got off virtually scot free .

Bostonhibby
15-02-2020, 01:08 PM
Further interesting stuff from Glasgow Times today from Craig Whyte
https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18237567.craig-whyte-i-used-google-name-hated/

Not sure about the most hated man in Scotland maybe inside the blue hoose and parts of Northern Ireland would think he is very popular in most parts of Scotland.
Still think he was the fall guy for David Murray whose has got off virtually scot free .[emoji106]

Starting to quite like him down here[emoji16]

ZAGREB RED
15-02-2020, 02:36 PM
https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/into-the-bear-pit-review-of-craig-whytes-ridiculous-rangers-book/