PDA

View Full Version : Banner

05-02-2020, 09:41 PM
Bunch of boys came in at kick off with a banner but it was immediately taken by the police. When I enquired with a friendly officer about the issue, he said it was “obscene” and he “couldn’t divulge” what it said.

Anyone able to shed some light. I’m assuming it was more offensive than the usual hun repertoire so must have something obscene on it.

H18 SFR
05-02-2020, 09:42 PM
Something about Flo being a rat I think.

green&left
05-02-2020, 09:52 PM
Bunch of boys came in at kick off with a banner but it was immediately taken by the police. When I enquired with a friendly officer about the issue, he said it was “obscene” and he “couldn’t divulge” what it said.

Anyone able to shed some light. I’m assuming it was more offensive than the usual hun repertoire so must have something obscene on it.

'**** Flo - rat *******' or something along those lines.

Edit: first 4 letter word sounds like duck. Second word sounds like bar steward

Chuck Rhoades
05-02-2020, 10:31 PM
**** FLO - RAT BA5TARD

Hun police couldn’t wait to protect their own.

**** Kamberi

Spot on

Carheenlea
06-02-2020, 06:09 AM
Quite right too.

Not a banner befitting of Hibs supporters - I’d like to think we’re better than that.

BILLYHIBS
06-02-2020, 06:21 AM
Quite right too.

Not a banner befitting of Hibs supporters - I’d like to think we’re better than that.

Agree but nothing beats the “Hun ****” banner at Easter Road eh? :greengrin

Cabbage East
Quite right too.

:rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
**** FLO - RAT BA5TARD

**** Kamberi

Spot on

Whilst I don't have a problem with the sentiments, what did you expect to happen with a banner with two swear words on it?

It could have been a lot more creative than that.

Northernhibee
06-02-2020, 06:25 AM
Whilst I don't have a problem with the sentiments, what did you expect to happen with a banner with two swear words on it?

It could have been a lot more creative than that.

Yep. Remember when we had a bit of humour and creativity with these things?

Alfred E Newman
06-02-2020, 06:25 AM
Police were right. Absolutely no need and certainly not Hibs class regardless of our opinion of Kamberi.

CL0762
06-02-2020, 06:29 AM
Agree but nothing beats the “Hun ****” banner at Easter Road eh? :greengrin

'Natural order?'

lyonhibs
06-02-2020, 06:31 AM
Silly ********s. Space cadets thinking à banner with that wording is acceptable are the sort of ringpieces that lead to Rangers supporters only being 95% unjustified in releasing hilarious statements comparing the the treatment of Kamberi and Docherty

BILLYHIBS
06-02-2020, 06:31 AM
'Natural order?'
Restored :greengrin

DH1875
06-02-2020, 07:30 AM
Police were right. Absolutely no need and certainly not Hibs class regardless of our opinion of Kamberi.

Agreed.

Diclonius
06-02-2020, 08:14 AM
Yeah, think it was a good decision to remove that banner.

Keith_M
06-02-2020, 08:56 AM
They confiscated my 40 foot banner of the pope at the last game anaw.

Pr1cks!

The 90+2
06-02-2020, 09:00 AM
They confiscated my 40 foot banner of the pope at the last game anaw.

Pr1cks!

Pope up banners not allowed at Ibrox.

pacoluna
06-02-2020, 09:00 AM

People still using the term "hibs class"? 🤔

Antifa Hibs
06-02-2020, 09:18 AM

Yeah, think it was a good decision to remove that banner.

Silly ********s. Space cadets thinking à banner with that wording is acceptable are the sort of ringpieces that lead to Rangers supporters only being 95% unjustified in releasing hilarious statements comparing the the treatment of Kamberi and Docherty

Gies peace FFS it was a bit cotton with some words on it.

.net acting like jkb more by the week.

Only problem with the banner was text should've been bolder IMO.

KingPat4
06-02-2020, 09:24 AM
Should have spelt a few words wrong like Celtc fans do with theirs.

BlackSheep
06-02-2020, 10:42 AM
Confiscate the banner or not the behaviour of one of the stewards during the incident was too extreme IMHO, looked like spiteful wee boy snatching and wrestling the banner away for the lads unfurling it. No discussion to be had, just aggression.

Last night was my first time to Ibrox for a long long time and the stewarding in the away end was extreme in my opinion. Not saying that there was any physicality but there attempts at acting like the gestapo was quite hilarious and unnecessary. A couple of the stewards acting tougher than any of the police, who were out in force, especially.

Do Rangers employ a private security firm to 'police' away fans? As this in very much the feeling i got.

Polar opposite of the stewards who work Easter Road.

The Baldmans Comb
06-02-2020, 03:11 PM
'**** Flo - rat *******' or something along those lines.

Edit: first 4 letter word sounds like duck. Second word sounds like bar steward

What a bunch of wee thickies even thinking a banner like that would be allowed.🤡

There's your big opportunity to make statement and you totally blow your chance by including naughty sweary words.

"Ginger Judas Prick" probably wouldnt make it these days but it was very memorable even to this day.

Something simple like "Flo GTF" might not make it either but "Flo dont come back" or "Flo Number 1 Rat face "could have made a wee statement.

Chuck Rhoades
06-02-2020, 03:14 PM
What a bunch of wee thickies even thinking a banner like that would be allowed.🤡

There's your big opportunity to make statement and you totally blow your chance by including naughty sweary words.

"Ginger Judas Prick" probably wouldnt make it these days but it was very memorable even to this day and even though something simple like "Flo GTF" might not make it either but "Flo dont come back" or "Flo Number 1 Rat face "could have made a wee statement.

Sorry if I am missing something, but what opportunity was blown? Did they not make a banner, air it, have the desired effect then it got removed? It was held on the aisle so don’t think they wanted it aired for 90mins.

Sorry, may be being a “thickie” - whatever that means!

The Baldmans Comb
06-02-2020, 03:25 PM
Sorry if I am missing something, but what opportunity was blown? Did they not make a banner, air it, have the desired effect then it got removed? It was held on the aisle so don’t think they wanted it aired for 90mins.

Sorry, may be being a “thickie” - whatever that means!

The opportunity to get genuine media coverage and the opportunity to make a statement along the lines of "Ginger Judas Prick" or "Natural Order"or "Time for Heroes"

Three iconic Hibs banners that caught the imagination of the support and have instant meaning to all Hibs fans who immediately recognize the meaning,resonance and can instantly recall the historical significance.

Thats what clever people do rather than an instantly forgotten abusive waste of time.

Chuck Rhoades
06-02-2020, 03:34 PM
The opportunity to get genuine media coverage and the opportunity to make a statement along the lines of "Ginger Judas Prick" or "Natural Order"or "Time for Heroes"

Three iconic Hibs banners that caught the imagination of the support and have instant meaning to all Hibs fans who immediately recognize the meaning,resonance and can instantly recall the historical significance.

Thats what clever people do rather than an instantly forgotten abusive waste of time.

It’s the same people who made the latter two of your memory. Must have turned into thickies. Have a word with yourself.

Deek01
06-02-2020, 03:43 PM

"Ginger Judas Prick" probably wouldnt make it these days but it was very memorable even to this day.

Something simple like "Flo GTF" might not make it either but "Flo dont come back" or "Flo Number 1 Rat face "could have made a wee statement.

Flo Number 1 Rat Face is a topper. We should probably dig out the hundreds of fans singing f*** kamberi throughout the game too for not meeting the hibs class PG requirements.

The Baldmans Comb
06-02-2020, 03:49 PM
It’s the same people who made the latter two of your memory. Must have turned into thickies. Have a word with yourself.

If that's the case then they let themselves down by not understanding that any banner deemed abusive particularly including the word "Flip" will be immediately confiscated.

Making a banner then that is barely displayed long enough for anyone to see it achieves the square root of absolutely hee haw.

There is a Scottish slang word that sums up this sort of thought process but happy to take it back given previous succeses.

Pass on my major congratulations for their undoubted brillance and clever word play on previous top class efforts but suggest a stewards enquiry this time around.

Smartie
06-02-2020, 04:00 PM
Do Hibs have any issue with their flags or banners?

Or is this the most stupid question I’ve ever asked?

Deansy
06-02-2020, 04:35 PM
bunch of boys came in at kick off with a banner but it was immediately taken by the police. When i enquired with a friendly officer about the issue, he said it was “obscene” and he “couldn’t divulge” what it said.

"coming next season - 10-i-a-r !"

Hibs4185
06-02-2020, 04:47 PM
Confiscate the banner or not the behaviour of one of the stewards during the incident was too extreme IMHO, looked like spiteful wee boy snatching and wrestling the banner away for the lads unfurling it. No discussion to be had, just aggression.

Last night was my first time to Ibrox for a long long time and the stewarding in the away end was extreme in my opinion. Not saying that there was any physicality but there attempts at acting like the gestapo was quite hilarious and unnecessary. A couple of the stewards acting tougher than any of the police, who were out in force, especially.

Do Rangers employ a private security firm to 'police' away fans? As this in very much the feeling i got.

Polar opposite of the stewards who work Easter Road.

A couple of seasons ago Rangers has their own fans doing the security for nothing to keep costs down. Not sure if this is still the case.

ben johnson
06-02-2020, 04:56 PM

Can you not see the irony of your post
Launching into Hibs fans with that sort of language
What happened to your life would be so boring if we all agreed with everyone posting a few months back

Keith_M
06-02-2020, 05:04 PM
Gies peace FFS it was a bit cotton with some words on it.

.net acting like jkb more by the week.

Only problem with the banner was text should've been bolder IMO.

Was it yours?

Chuck Rhoades
06-02-2020, 05:06 PM
Was it yours?

And if it was?

Captain Trips
06-02-2020, 05:15 PM
An effigy for our next home game vs them.

Pretty Boy
06-02-2020, 05:28 PM
It's a few words on a sheet. Hardly crime of the century.

I can't help but think some people have an idealisitic view of how Hibs fans are seen by opposing fans. 'Junkies and casuals' rather than 'upstanding classy chaps' is the reality.

BS44
06-02-2020, 05:39 PM
And if it was?

Then he or she needs to get a new banner made out of fire ******ant material, and stop using sweaty words too 😎🇳🇬

Keith_M
06-02-2020, 06:12 PM
And if it was?

Is this the endless questions thread?

Chuck Rhoades
06-02-2020, 06:42 PM

You tell me 😬?

Scouse Hibee
06-02-2020, 06:51 PM
The sentiment was correct even if the application was deemed inappropriate. Given that it has been said the same guys are responsible for the previously well received banners then we can let this one pass without too much drama surely?

Scottie
06-02-2020, 06:57 PM
The sentiment was correct even if the application was deemed inappropriate. Given that it has been said the same guys are responsible for the previously well received banners then we can let this one pass without too much drama surely?
:agree:

BILLYHIBS
06-02-2020, 07:02 PM
:faf:

sleeping giant
06-02-2020, 07:03 PM

Lost for words.
Wow.

lyonhibs
06-02-2020, 07:19 PM
Can you not see the irony of your post
Launching into Hibs fans with that sort of language
What happened to your life would be so boring if we all agreed with everyone posting a few months back

I wouldn't put that language onto a banner to be displayed in a football stadium, so no, I fail to see the irony.

06-02-2020, 07:19 PM
Then he or she needs to get a new banner made out of fire ******ant material, and stop using sweaty words too 😎🇳🇬

Kamberi can perspire off.

Flo go secrete yourself.

😀

EI255
06-02-2020, 07:31 PM
**** FLO - RAT BA5TARD

**** Kamberi

Spot onThe Hun police won't stop any banner at Easter Road though [emoji16]

T O U G H!

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

ben johnson
06-02-2020, 09:53 PM
I wouldn't put that language onto a banner to be displayed in a football stadium, so no, I fail to see the irony.

But you will post it on a forum that at times is open to anybody that logs on

lyonhibs
06-02-2020, 10:12 PM
But you will post it on a forum that at times is open to anybody that logs on

Yes. And leave it up to the admins to decide whether I've breached any board rules. Whilst I don't disagree with the sentiment, making up and trying to display a banner in a football stadium with that kind of language (for the record, I am *far* from averse to a good verbal swear word or 3 at the football) is stupid and highly unhelpful to the club's image especially given recent chucking incidents + the club feeling compelled to spend a decent wedge on upgrading the ER CCTV as a result.

Plus, it wasn't even witty or clever. Kind of a Jambo-esque effort on a linguistic level.

ben johnson
06-02-2020, 10:21 PM
Yes. And leave it up to the admins to decide whether I've breached any board rules. Whilst I don't disagree with the sentiment, making up and trying to display a banner in a football stadium with that kind of language (for the record, I am *far* from averse to a good verbal swear word or 3 at the football) is stupid and highly unhelpful to the club's image especially given recent chucking incidents + the club feeling compelled to spend a decent wedge on upgrading the ER CCTV as a result.

Plus, it wasn't even witty or clever. Kind of a Jambo-esque effort on a linguistic level.

Perhaps the use of ringpiece on the banner would have been a little higher up the linguistic level

Sir David Gray
06-02-2020, 10:28 PM

Didn't you defend the Green Brigade's use of similar language on a banner a couple of months back? :confused:

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?343904-Rod-Stewart&p=6017300&highlight=

ben johnson
06-02-2020, 10:36 PM
Didn't you defend the Green Brigade's use of similar language on a banner a couple of months back? :confused:

That’s game set and match.

Chuck Rhoades
07-02-2020, 12:36 AM

Shows where his loyalties sit.

lyonhibs
07-02-2020, 06:11 AM

I'm no Celtc fan so the repercussions (or not) on that club's image of banners their fans make and display is of no consequence to me. I agree with the sentiments of both banners like I already said, but care rather more about the image of Hibs than I do about Celtc.

BILLYHIBS
07-02-2020, 06:19 AM
Do Hibs have any issue with their flags or banners?

Or is this the most stupid question I’ve ever asked?

Yeah!

I remember at the last Singalongahun home game there were complaints that their Aye Loyal banners were covering the scoreboard

At 0-3 I would have thought that was a good thing No? :greengrin

Sir David Gray
07-02-2020, 07:14 AM
I'm no Celtc fan so the repercussions (or not) on that club's image of banners their fans make and display is of no consequence to me. I agree with the sentiments of both banners like I already said, but care rather more about the image of Hibs than I do about Celtc.

You also said on your first post on this thread that the people who made the banner were "space cadets thinking that language on a banner is acceptable." which clearly means you must think it was unacceptable to put that on a banner.

Meanwhile on the other thread on the Green Brigade you describe them as being "spot on" for using similar language as the Hibs fans did the other night and describe me as "offending easily" for criticising their banner.

we are hibs
07-02-2020, 07:36 AM
Some people on here seem to relish any opportunity to put Hibs fans down.

lyonhibs
07-02-2020, 07:36 AM
You also said on your first post on this thread that the people who made the banner were "space cadets thinking that language on a banner is acceptable." which clearly means you must think it was unacceptable to put that on a banner.

Meanwhile on the other thread on the Green Brigade you describe them as being "spot on" for using similar language as the Hibs fans did the other night and describe me as "offending easily" for criticising their banner.

Acceptable as in "likely to be accepted in the stadium" (which it patently was not) not "morally" acceptable. If folk want to call Kamberi a ****ing rat or whatever from the stands, crack on, but putting it in black and white on a banner is clearly stupid, unhelpful to the club's image and got the reception it merited at Ibrox.

Antifa Hibs
08-02-2020, 11:49 AM
Was it yours?

No, was in the section next to it and not convinced the stewards even seen the banner before they started ripping it down. (Unless the radioed down from the control room)

Acceptable as in "likely to be accepted in the stadium" (which it patently was not) not "morally" acceptable. If folk want to call Kamberi a ****ing rat or whatever from the stands, crack on, but putting it in black and white on a banner is clearly stupid, unhelpful to the club's image and got the reception it merited at Ibrox.

What's the difference with 90% of the support singing **** Kamberi on Wednesday and a bedsheet and tin of spray paint calling him a rat *******?

Is lyonhibs and baldmans comb Flo or Flo's ma perhaps? Seems to have touched a nerve...

Hibbyradge
08-02-2020, 03:22 PM
If I owned a football club, I would not allow my employees to be insulted and abused by rival fans' banners at my own stadium.

Imagine if the huns or hearts unfurled a banner like the Kamberi one and our board allowed it to remain on display for the full 2 hours or so.

B.H.F.C
08-02-2020, 03:31 PM

It got the reception from the Hibs fans at Ibrox that it merited, that’s for certain.

The way the steward acted was far worse than the way those with the banner acted.

hibsbollah
08-02-2020, 03:32 PM
I like it. We've become far too prawn sandwich brigade recently. Sweaty and sweaty Junkies and casuals. Get some fear back.

Keith_M
08-02-2020, 04:38 PM
Some people on here seem to relish any opportunity to put Hibs fans down.

Depends on in what sense you mean that.

:wink:

hibsbollah
08-02-2020, 04:46 PM
I've just seen a banner in the old Calcutta cup rugger saying 'C'mon Scotland'. I mean get a grip. We don't want to go down that route. Where's the fury?

Keith_M
08-02-2020, 04:54 PM
I've just seen a banner in the old Calcutta cup rugger saying 'C'mon Scotland'. I mean get a grip. We don't want to go down that route. Where's the fury?

That sounds disgusting, a bit kinky even.

Nae need.

hibsbollah
08-02-2020, 04:56 PM
That sounds disgusting, a bit kinky even.

Nae need.

****ing posh kids.

Keith_M
08-02-2020, 05:00 PM
No, was in the section next to it and not convinced the stewards even seen the banner before they started ripping it down. (Unless the radioed down from the control room)

Cheers.

Did they take down the "No Surrender/Lee Rigby" flag?

Hibbyradge
08-02-2020, 05:04 PM

It's implied, obviously.

Honestly. :roll eyes: