PDA

View Full Version : ibs TV Audio coverage , as usual I am unable to get the match at the start no way to

thebakerboy
05-02-2020, 06:53 PM
As per every game I am unable to start Audio link , grtting a bit fed up of it

AZhibee
05-02-2020, 07:16 PM
been fine since 15 minutes before kickoff here

Viva_Palmeiras
05-02-2020, 07:23 PM
Kenny M/Ron 3 games out of five with intermittent audio is not good enough sort it - I’ve cancelled and conclude on 7/2 this was after a return from a long spell after cancelling years ago due to previous broadcast issues.

Somethings gotta give. Support notified on each occasion :(

Viva_Palmeiras
05-02-2020, 07:35 PM
Such irritating coverage 1 min then cuts grrr.

mutley
05-02-2020, 07:36 PM
Working absolutely fine for me for the whole game so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Viva_Palmeiras
05-02-2020, 07:41 PM
If there is some knack then they need to enlighten us. I’ve been asked if I have other browsers open - really ? Does it have to be chrome version xx.y holding you phone in your left hand pointing to Mecca with a breeze behind you to work?!

surreyhibbie
05-02-2020, 07:43 PM
working okay for me, makes a nice change. cut out a couple of times but only for about a second each time.

cabbageandribs1875
05-02-2020, 07:48 PM
i simply cannot listen to audio on my mobile, i feel another cancelation coming

nonshinyfinish
05-02-2020, 07:56 PM
If there is some knack then they need to enlighten us. I’ve been asked if I have other browsers open - really ? Does it have to be chrome version xx.y holding you phone in your left hand pointing to Mecca with a breeze behind you to work?!

This is the problem, really, there are so many possible factors in whether the stream works well or not:

The software Hibs TV uses to broadcast
The bandwidth Hibs TV has available to broadcast
User's ISP
User's wifi/network connection
User's device
User's browser
(And, probably in a few cases, user error…)

Only the first two are controlled by Hibs TV, so it's hardly surprising that you get a load of odd questions when they try to diagnose what's going wrong for you. Just based on anecdotal reports (and the equal and opposite anecdotal reports of it working fine), there's no way to say if it's something inherently wrong with the Hibs TV setup or not.

If that sounds unsympathetic, it's not meant to – it sucks that some people can't get a decent stream.

Bangkok Hibby
05-02-2020, 08:48 PM

Yep me too. I came back after cancelling and at first ok but just not worth the hassle anymore.

BILLYHIBS
05-02-2020, 09:38 PM
Video worked for me in Mallorca but did not work for me in Brussels

Audio did not work for me St Johnstone away but did work for me tonight ( listening in from Libby)

The most irritating thing for me tonight was that the Irish commentator guy kept getting too excited and kept getting things wrong and had to be corrected by his cocommentator

I found this strange as he informed us he also had the benefit of a monitor

Definitely a hit or a miss

FilipinoHibs
06-02-2020, 12:58 AM
Good in the remote north of the Philippines.

Forza Fred
06-02-2020, 05:02 AM
Fine in sunny Sydney...although some may have been confused by what seemed to me an extra çlick' required

Carheenlea
06-02-2020, 06:13 AM
I’ve tuned in before thinking I can’t get the audio on phone, but then realise I’ve not clicked the “play” button. Sometimes need to move the screen about to find it.

FilipinoHibs
06-02-2020, 06:14 AM
I’ve tuned in before thinking I can’t get the audio on phone, but then realise I’ve not clicked the “play” button. Sometimes need to move the screen about to find it.

Yes at the bottom of the annoying Twitter feed.

Peevemor
06-02-2020, 06:21 AM

That is annoying - the play button should be obvious without having to scroll about to find it.

Carheenlea
06-02-2020, 06:24 AM

I think this is one reason why some “can’t get” the audio. The twitter feed isn’t necessary, Folk are tuning in to listen/watch the Hibs game.

I’d also make the play button/arrow more prominent and obvious to tech amateurs like myself.

Peevemor
06-02-2020, 06:27 AM
This is the problem, really, there are so many possible factors in whether the stream works well or not:

The software Hibs TV uses to broadcast
The bandwidth Hibs TV has available to broadcast
User's ISP
User's wifi/network connection
User's device
User's browser
(And, probably in a few cases, user error…)

Only the first two are controlled by Hibs TV, so it's hardly surprising that you get a load of odd questions when they try to diagnose what's going wrong for you. Just based on anecdotal reports (and the equal and opposite anecdotal reports of it working fine), there's no way to say if it's something inherently wrong with the Hibs TV setup or not.

If that sounds unsympathetic, it's not meant to – it sucks that some people can't get a decent stream.

Exactly.

I almost never have problems with Hibs TV. In general when it's a fault at their end there's the verizon splash screen, a "blank" all green screen or such like. If the image/sound freezes or is stuttery, the fault is almost always at your end.

Often the internet provider can be the problem, for example, most people aren't aware of bandwith throttling - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwidth_throttling

In such instances your internet connection might be perfect but some sites will have problems for no apparent reason.

thebakerboy
06-02-2020, 07:43 AM
My problem is it starts but the "annoying twitter feed" doesn't appear and therefore no start button. I then e-mail them and get an e-mail back saying press refresh or change to chrome, but it also includes a link which works flawlessly , so why isn't this what I log into in first place.