PDA

View Full Version : Give us a good account tonight

Captain Trips
05-02-2020, 12:00 PM
We have failed badly in the last few games Vs Sevco, can we give a good account of ourselves tonight and make it competitive. It is after all only Sevco. We have the players to do something so please lets turn up on this occasion and show the travelling fans and us what its all about.

Lessons hopefully learned from the 3-0. keep switched on and go for them will see a positive result.

:flag:

matty_f
05-02-2020, 12:02 PM
We have failed badly in the last few games Vs Sevco, can we give a good account of ourselves tonight and make it competitive. It is after all only Sevco. We have the players to do something so please lets turn up on this occasion and show the travelling fans us what its all about.

Lessons hopefully learned from the 3-0. keep switched on and go for them will see a positive result.

:flag:

We definitely need to do better than the last two games against them, would be good to be competitive- Hearts and Aberdeen have both managed to get results from them recently so we should be looking to make an impact.

Deansy
05-02-2020, 12:33 PM
Please Hibs, just give us 101% for the 90+ mins tonight - that and a total wipe-out of Morelos !

DH1875
05-02-2020, 12:37 PM
Indeed. Hope their recent results show that its not and never should be acceptable for them to be humping us 5/6 nil.
If we get beat, we get beat. Just as long as we put up a fight this time.

Glesgahibby
05-02-2020, 01:27 PM
They are under pressure
buffalo mozzarella is the go to guy
in these situations,if he’s not focused after being
used by “hmm”some PR outfit,it could help the cause.
in and aboot them and hopefully keep the crowd hushed.
i think we will give em a game:agree:

Keith_M
05-02-2020, 01:32 PM
We need to do much better protecting the full backs. The last game at ER, they had two against one every time they attacked out wide, especially on our left.

If we could also avoid the following, it might help:

Passing back to the goalie under pressure, who then proceeds to pass it straight to one of their strikers, all in the first few minutes. (last game at ER)

Players having a rush of blood to the head and getting sent off, especially when we've just managed to get back into the match. (last game at Ibrox)

Jim44
05-02-2020, 01:38 PM
All the pressure’s on them. If they lose they can say ta ta to winning the league.

jacomo
05-02-2020, 01:40 PM
Indeed. Hope their recent results show that its not and never should be acceptable for them to be humping us 5/6 nil.
If we get beat, we get beat. Just as long as we put up a fight this time.

:agree:

The meek capitulations to the ugly sisters under Hecky were unacceptable (and I don’t over use that word).

Gotta at least compete and make them work hard. This should be the bare minimum...

B.H.F.C
05-02-2020, 01:52 PM
:agree:

The meek capitulations to the ugly sisters under Hecky were unacceptable (and I don’t over use that word).

Gotta at least compete and make them work hard. This should be the bare minimum...

In fairness, the two cracks Ross has had at them this season haven’t been any better. The players need to stand up to them tonight. Hopefully the likes of Omeonga make a positive difference.

The 90+2
05-02-2020, 01:56 PM
The simple basics of football would be a good start. Keep it tight at the back, don’t make silly mistakes and try not lose an early goal.

The 90+2
05-02-2020, 01:57 PM
In fairness, the two cracks Ross has had at them this season haven’t been any better. The players need to stand up to them tonight. Hopefully the likes of Omeonga make a positive difference.

What two cracks? I thought we’ve only played them at ER under JR? Not being wide by the way, I’ve probably drawn a game blank.

Smartie
05-02-2020, 02:02 PM
They are under pressure
buffalo mozzarella is the go to guy
in these situations,if he’s not focused after being
used by “hmm”some PR outfit,it could help the cause.
in and aboot them and hopefully keep the crowd hushed.
i think we will give em a game:agree:

I can just about make this fit "Lose Yourself" by Eminem.

Re - the football.

The main problem I have with us playing Sevco is the lack of a defensive midfielder/ midfielders who can defend (again). They are very strong from middle to front, have loads of fit, quick, mobile players who appear to be able to swamp us and double up on us in those areas. This hasn't been rectified, so I see no reason why tonight should be any different to every time they've comprehensively got the better of us, especially in that area (other than the fact that they are a bit off-colour at the moment).

sauzee=legend
05-02-2020, 02:05 PM
No diamond tonight...
451 with wingers protecting the full backs.
The rangers like playing with width.

Rocky

SDG/McGinn
Jackson/Daz
Hanlon
Lewis

Boyle
Omeonga
Hallberg
Newell
Horgan

Doidge/McNulty.

Doidge will win more in the air and hold it up more.
McNulty will run about more.

green with envy
05-02-2020, 02:05 PM
I'm not expecting much but I am heading through as you just never know. There is no better feeling beating the huns at ibrox.

The 90+2
05-02-2020, 02:06 PM
I can just about make this fit "Lose Yourself" by Eminem.

😂😂😂😂😂

Ooops there goes Freddo
He’s gone and let himself go

Since452
05-02-2020, 02:07 PM
Our last two performances against them have been well below acceptable. I hope the lads are fired up for this tonight

Keyser Sauzee
05-02-2020, 02:16 PM
I'm not expecting much but I am heading through as you just never know. There is no better feeling beating the huns at ibrox.

Surely beating Hearts at Tynie tops it?

green with envy
05-02-2020, 02:20 PM

Not for me.

The 90+2
05-02-2020, 02:24 PM
Not for me.

Weird. No offence :greengrin

DH1875
05-02-2020, 02:24 PM
Not for me.

Me either.

Captain Trips
05-02-2020, 02:28 PM

Nor me, Glasgow boy cannot stand Sevco, Celtic and Hearts but Sevco for me I get most pleasure from.

PH91
05-02-2020, 02:32 PM
No diamond tonight...
451 with wingers protecting the full backs.
The rangers like playing with width.

Rocky

SDG/McGinn
Jackson/Daz
Hanlon
Lewis

Boyle
Omeonga
Hallberg
Newell
Horgan

Doidge/McNulty.

Doidge will win more in the air and hold it up more.
McNulty will run about more.

Absolutely, that's my team. There are a few suggesting allan playing wide left but tonight is not the night for it. We need to try and pin back tav as much as possible and allan drifting in will not help defensively.

We really do lack options on the left of our team though.

green with envy
05-02-2020, 02:34 PM
Weird. No offence :greengrin

None taken weirdo.:agree:

Captain Trips
05-02-2020, 03:48 PM
Get intae them Hibs.

Steve20
05-02-2020, 03:56 PM
I enjoy beating Hearts more than any team, by some distance. Especially living in Edinburgh with their unbearable support about. After that, it's beating Celtic and Rangers.

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2020, 03:58 PM
We should get hammered, we are playing the Govan Galacticos.

givescotlandfreedom
05-02-2020, 04:14 PM
We can never be as bad as Calderwood's team that hosed their previous entity 3-0. There's always a hope.
As an aside, goalscorer Francis Dickoh, is still fond of the Hibs, regularly tweeting his support.

The 90+2
05-02-2020, 04:24 PM
None taken weirdo.:agree:

Fair point 😁

Glesgahibby
05-02-2020, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE=Smartie;6073517]I can just about make this fit "Lose Yourself" by Eminem.

Tune:thumbsup:

Swedish hibee
05-02-2020, 04:37 PM
'Mon the hibees

Zazu62
05-02-2020, 04:42 PM
Absolutely, that's my team. There are a few suggesting allan playing wide left but tonight is not the night for it. We need to try and pin back tav as much as possible and allan drifting in will not help defensively.

We really do lack options on the left of our team though.

‘Tav’ 🤢

GreenCastle
05-02-2020, 04:48 PM
The last 2 performances were awful - especially in the 1st half.

Huns with their resources should beat us but you never know.

Midfield has been an issue for us all season - we can't afford to be open otherwise we will be picked off.

Over to you Jack and players!

Since452
05-02-2020, 04:49 PM
Similar tactics to Aberdeen and St Mirren at Ibrox. Rangers toiled to break them down

Keith_M
05-02-2020, 04:56 PM
What two cracks? I thought we’ve only played them at ER under JR? Not being wide by the way, I’ve probably drawn a game blank.

I think he means the two games against the uglies, as opposed to just Der Hun.