PDA

View Full Version : Supporters clubs not being helped here

scoopyboy
04-02-2020, 10:01 PM
Why are buses from different supporters clubs being combined as a sticky?

East Lothian Hibs and Carlton have put up messages for Sunday's cup tie but these have been put in a thread titled Milton Mowbray.

Not right and not helping different clubs members see relevant posts.

Hermit Crab
04-02-2020, 10:07 PM
Why are buses from different supporters clubs being combined as a sticky?

East Lothian Hibs and Carlton have put up messages for Sunday's cup tie but these have been put in a thread titled Milton Mowbray.

Not right and not helping different clubs members see relevant posts.

Agree, there should be a travel to games sub forum where branches can post bus and travel information?

scoopyboy
05-02-2020, 04:51 AM
Bump.

Admins, can any of you kind chaps split the East Lothian Hibs post and Carlton post away from the Milton Mowbray one please?

Chuck Rhoades
05-02-2020, 05:52 AM
Having previously ran the Since 1875 bus for a couple of seasons I understand the above and how it can make it difficult to fill a bus that is not loss making or prevents it from running full stop.

Do the Carlton / East Lothian branches use social media to advertise? Twitter has been helpful for Since 1875 to find supporters looking for travel.

Pretty Boy
05-02-2020, 06:09 AM
I think it was agreed by ourselves and the various people who run regular buses a couple of years ago that all future travel threads would be merged and stickied so they didn't drop of the board. There were certainly a few PMs exchanged regarding it. I think the issue on this occasion is when the the threads have been merged the title hasn't been changed to 'Supporters Club Travel To....' and has been left with the Milton Mowbray thread as the lead.

If the current format isn't working then PM me and we can try to find a resolution for future threads. I've only had a quick look on my phone but I can't see a way to unmerge the threads, I' ll have another look when I get to work though. For now I've amended the thread title and added a travel prefix.

scoopyboy
05-02-2020, 06:15 AM
I think it was agreed by ourselves and the various people who run regular buses a couple of years ago that all future travel threads would be merged and stickied so they didn't drop of the board. There were certainly a few PMs exchanged regarding it. I think the issue on this occasion is when the the threads have been merged the title hasn't been changed to 'Supporters Club Travel To....' and has been left with the Milton Mowbray thread as the lead.

If the current format isn't working then PM me and we can try to find a resolution for future threads. I've only had a quick look on my phone but I can't see a way to unmerge the threads, I' ll have another look when I get to work though. For now I've amended the thread title and added a travel prefix.

Thanks PB.

Its a two way thing, it helps us financially and can give people on here a way of getting to games.

We ran a bus to the Inverness replay in 2016, the cost of the bus was £700 IIRC. We were looking at a £300 loss but "advertised" on here and got the bus filled which meant a profit. Win, win or win, win, win if you consider the end product :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

James Stephen
05-02-2020, 06:38 AM
Slightly off topic i know, but i have been wondering about supporters clubs and allocation of away tickets.

Do supporters clubs get preferential access to tickets?

I was just thinking that it might be a good way to solve the lack of loyalty points issue, and also give a good boost to the supporters clubs culture?

I believe the old firm do or did allocate tickets to away matches through SCs, and they have a thriving SC culture - i know our situation is not completely analogous, but wondered on the thoughts of people who run or are involved in SCs?

Brooster
05-02-2020, 06:46 AM
Slightly off topic i know, but i have been wondering about supporters clubs and allocation of away tickets.

I was just thinking that it might be a good way to solve the lack of loyalty points issue, and also give a good boost to the supporters clubs culture?

I believe the old firm do or did allocate tickets to away matches through SCs, and they have a thriving SC culture - i know our situation is not completely analogous, but wondered on the thoughts of people who run or are involved in SCs?

Good idea James and certainly something which would help us (East Lothian). We dont get allocations or preferential access for away games. We do however sometimes buy blocks of tickets for Category B games but anyone can do that.

Carheenlea
05-02-2020, 09:01 AM

You might have opened a can of worms here... this was a hot topic a year or so back which caused a bit of a row!

James Stephen
05-02-2020, 04:19 PM
You might have opened a can of worms here... this was a hot topic a year or so back which caused a bit of a row!

I dont doubt it!

I dont personally belong to a supporters club, but it seems like a good way of doing things to me, might also act as bit of crowd control for certain away games too, and also ease the ticket master madness.

For the record, im not a member of any particular SC, but i would definitely join one and i think it would be a good boost to the clubs.

Might be worth raising with Kieron Power?

linlithgowhibbie
05-02-2020, 04:46 PM
Linlithgow and Bo'ness certainly don't get any "Block" of tickets or priority from the ticket office. To be honest if there isn't to be a loyalty scheme I don't think supporters clubs should get any priority.

MixuMac
05-02-2020, 06:04 PM
I know rangers supporters clubs definitely get tickets for all away games

Iggy Pope
05-02-2020, 06:24 PM
I know rangers supporters clubs definitely get tickets for all away games

They might. All their club members definitely don’t though.