PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen and Dave Cormack

ABZHFC
04-02-2020, 04:24 PM

https://www.afc.co.uk/2020/02/04/food-tasting-event-hamilton-accies-screening/

Having received complaints from fans about the poor quality of the food kiosks at Pittodrie, Aberdeen are holding a free taster session at the ground next week so fans can try out food and give feedback, all before allowing them to watch their televised game away at Hamilton Accies that night.

It really does strike me that their Dave Cormack guy is already light years ahead of other chairmen when it comes to looking after fans.

Would people like a similar event to happen at Easter Road in the near future? I certainly would!

truehibernian
04-02-2020, 04:26 PM

Having received complaints from fans about the poor quality of the food kiosks at Pittodrie, Aberdeen are holding a free taster session at the ground next week so fans can try out food and give feedback, all before allowing them to watch their televised game away at Hamilton Accies that night.

It really does strike me that their Dave Cormack guy is already light years ahead of other chairmen when it comes to looking after fans.

Would people like a similar event to happen at Easter Road in the near future? I certainly would!

Bains pies - the end :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
04-02-2020, 04:30 PM

He's getting people along for a cash bar to watch their team? Is that not a pub with free nibbles?

JXM73
04-02-2020, 04:36 PM
Looks like we got the wrong yank...

B.H.F.C
04-02-2020, 04:43 PM
We just need to be patient....

SquashedFrogg
04-02-2020, 04:44 PM
Looks like we got the wrong yank...

😀

Spike Mandela
04-02-2020, 04:46 PM

I would second that.:thumbsup:

The Modfather
04-02-2020, 04:51 PM
While catering is only a small part of the “match day experience”, It does stick in the craw when you see something forward thinking like this happening at a rival. Yet we were told for years catering is “under review”, when the reality appears to have been we signed a 10 year contract and that’s probably why we have the same options, price and complaints we did 10 years ago. Hopefully catering is genuinely revamped next year when the contact will have finished.

truehibernian
04-02-2020, 04:54 PM

Good to see a fellow pie connoiseur Spike :greengrin

In all seriousness, the food is awful at ER and when you have local suppliers who are known and loved, buy into it. And one of the owners is a Hibs fan :aok:

Tony Singh.....Hibs fan.........wee half time Hibs curry.........

Crolla's........special Hibs pizza slice, etc........

Opportunities are there, just need to go out and secure buy-in.

Billy Whizz
04-02-2020, 09:08 PM
The catering in the away end at Aberdeen, is probably the worst in Scotland. 2 small kiosk windows and a queue around 50 yards long to buy a bovril!
It’s like visiting Cowdenbeath

GreenCastle
04-02-2020, 09:21 PM
Kieran - could Hibs do something similar ?

Again not rocket science to test these things before launching them.

Also the prices are key too.

Jones28
04-02-2020, 09:28 PM
Kieran - could Hibs do something similar ?

Again not rocket science to test these things before launching them.

Also the prices are key too.

Kieran has already said to me on another thread that the clubs hands are tied until the contract for the current deal finishes.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-02-2020, 09:32 PM

Iirc we already did something similar in recent years?
If memory serves LWT raised this back in the day (post 2012) often getting folks to feedback f2f was often a challenge and when arranged attendance was patchy?

That’s not to say that we don’t try again but let’s not pretend that Aberdeen are pioneering here.

Greencore
04-02-2020, 09:33 PM
The catering in the away end at Aberdeen, is probably the worst in Scotland. 2 small kiosk windows and a queue around 50 yards long to buy a bovril!

Wish we would do the same for our away fans.

Sammy7nil
04-02-2020, 09:33 PM

A staple at family get togethers and parties :aok::top marks

GreenCastle
04-02-2020, 09:48 PM
Kieran has already said to me on another thread that the clubs hands are tied until the contract for the current deal finishes.

Didn’t see that.

When does the contract end ?

Joe6-2
04-02-2020, 09:49 PM

My vote too!!

lord bunberry
04-02-2020, 09:59 PM
Good luck to this guy as someone needs to challenge the absolutely **** experience of attending a football match. We pay an extraordinarily high price to watch a game compared to the quality on show, the least we could do is make it a better day out. No other sport in any other country expects fans to pay so much for so little, the reliance on loyalty is completely outdated. I’m already sucked in and I’ll go no matter what, but the younger generation won’t put up with that. We have a council that will refuse any sort of initiative like fan zones, but they’d be the first to put their names to help if either club was in trouble. Going to the game should involve a choice of food and drink before you enter the stadium and I don’t just mean eating from a stall. Can anyone tell me why this isn’t possible?

The 90+2
04-02-2020, 10:00 PM

Celtic park is worse. Away up the top of they steps with cobwebs and everything.

Andy74
04-02-2020, 10:08 PM
We’ve done this before.

lord bunberry
04-02-2020, 10:18 PM
We’ve done this before.
Done what before?

SMAXXA
04-02-2020, 10:22 PM
I even thought last week at the game fans get treated like *****, only cold water tap in the sink in the bogs it’s freezing cold outside a wanted a nice hot tap to wash Ma hands 😂. Seriously tho that is pish and wouldn’t happen in any other entertainment venue as such

lord bunberry
04-02-2020, 10:32 PM
I’d like it explained why we’re the only stadium in Scotland that allows the away fans to leave first while the home fans wait. It’s a ****in nonsense and every reason I’ve heard has never trump just making them wait. Why should I wait as they walk past our stadium? What’s wrong with making them wait as long as it takes ? Rangers have made us wait ages through there.

monktonharp
05-02-2020, 03:31 AM
I’d like it explained why we’re the only stadium in Scotland that allows the away fans to leave first while the home fans wait. It’s a ****in nonsense and every reason I’ve heard has never trump just making them wait. Why should I wait as they walk past our stadium? What’s wrong with making them wait as long as it takes ? Rangers have made us wait ages through there.I agree with you, and Donald Trump. build the wall:greengrin getting back to the original question though, I bought a sausage roll and a Bovril last Tuesday at the ground. £4.70P is way over the top. A Greggs sausage roll (which I don't rate) is about 2 inches longer, and costs about £1:20 ish. effin' rip off at ER. When's oor yank comin' in wi his tank?

Hannah_hfc
05-02-2020, 03:53 AM
A few seasons ago I remember there was a la favorita van outside the east stand selling pizza slices and much better quality than what you get inside at the kiosks.

If Hibs have a contract with the current supplier then I’m not sure why they don’t encourage the like of this outside if they could do it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
05-02-2020, 05:05 AM
Done what before?

Taster sessions and feedback from the fans on catering. It’s not some earth shattering revaluation from the sheep. The important thing is incorporating in the feedback. I thought we did trial something off the back of it presumably we didn’t just do nothing.

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2020, 05:10 AM
A few seasons ago I remember there was a la favorita van outside the east stand selling pizza slices and much better quality than what you get inside at the kiosks.

If Hibs have a contract with the current supplier then I’m not sure why they don’t encourage the like of this outside if they could do it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn’t popular enough with the fans, sales weren’t great.

OstKurve Hibs
05-02-2020, 05:25 AM

I got a bovril at cowdenbeath once, had to wait on the kettle boiling and missed a goal
Was absolutely lashing down that day aswell

GibbytheHibby2
05-02-2020, 05:44 AM

Amazing pies

staunchhibby
05-02-2020, 06:54 AM
So is Lawsons of Uphall

SquashedFrogg
05-02-2020, 07:22 AM
So is Lawsons of Uphall

Great shout :aok:

Billy Whizz
05-02-2020, 07:28 AM
I got a bovril at cowdenbeath once, had to wait on the kettle boiling and missed a goal
Was absolutely lashing down that day aswell

That’s because they used the 1st boil to defrost the pitch!

Since90+2
05-02-2020, 07:30 AM
Honestly don't get the hype with Bains pies. Well overated IMO.

JXM73
05-02-2020, 07:36 AM
Why cant they do street food thingys behind east/west stand pre match...sure they could fleece us some more... the £2.50 for hot water and a wee tea bag is a bargain....

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2020, 07:44 AM
Amazing pies

They’re decent but then so are others, McGills are better in my opinion.

Riverside Hibs
05-02-2020, 11:19 AM
He is certainly trying new initiatives - Students at University of Aberdeen can buy tickets from the food court for the game tonight at Pittodrie for £1!

KingPat4
05-02-2020, 11:24 AM
Best catering is at Berwick Rangers. There's a van inside Shielfield that sells pies, chip's (proper chippie chips), burgers, pizza the lot and it's not expensive.

Carheenlea
05-02-2020, 11:34 AM
I thought Pittodrie was one of the better grounds for catering? The kiosks perhaps struggle to accommodate the numbers queuing, but there has been an outside catering van at foot of steps up to the stand in recent visits which offer alternative choices.

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2020, 08:45 PM
Why cant they do street food thingys behind east/west stand pre match...sure they could fleece us some more... the £2.50 for hot water and a wee tea bag is a bargain....

The demand just isn’t there and certainly not for multiple operators to justify setting up for a small window of sales at a football match at Easter Road.

Fuzzywuzzy
05-02-2020, 08:52 PM
So is Lawsons of Uphall

Can't beat a cheeky steak baguette from the uphall one

RyeSloan
05-02-2020, 09:07 PM

That’s been the same old tired excuse for as long as I can remember....

BILLYHIBS
05-02-2020, 09:14 PM
I even thought last week at the game fans get treated like *****, only cold water tap in the sink in the bogs it’s freezing cold outside a wanted a nice hot tap to wash Ma hands 😂. Seriously tho that is pish and wouldn’t happen in any other entertainment venue as such

This

Gantin man!

Where do the Catering Staff wash their hands?

Don’t tell us they have their own hot water!

The club don’t care

All they are interested in is that we pony up for Season Tickets

Frazerbob
05-02-2020, 10:36 PM
I was the Aberdeen v Saints game tonight. Utter shambles of a club. Arrived at the ground 40 minutes before KO but managed to miss the first 15 mins (and only goal) due to standing in the one queue to buy tickets. Stadium half empty, fans abusing their team and manager as though they were 12th, not 4th. They really don’t rate Dylan either. Turgid football, think Hecky mixed with a bit of Butcher. Believe me, there is nothing about Aberdeen we should be jealous about.

Stokesy's on fire
05-02-2020, 10:59 PM
I was the Aberdeen v Saints game tonight. Utter shambles of a club. Arrived at the ground 40 minutes before KO but managed to miss the first 15 mins (and only goal) due to standing in the one queue to buy tickets. Stadium half empty, fans abusing their team and manager as though they were 12th, not 4th. They really don’t rate Dylan either. Turgid football, think Hecky mixed with a bit of Butcher. Believe me, there is nothing about Aberdeen we should be jealous about.

Correct