PDA

View Full Version : Steven Gerrard

EI255
04-02-2020, 04:11 PM
Hopes racial slurs won't drive thug face Morelos out?

Erm, what aboot your own supports centuries old bigoted slurs to opposing players and fans?

House. Order. First. Son.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
04-02-2020, 04:13 PM
Shameless.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

PeeKay
04-02-2020, 04:25 PM
Sounds like he is softening up their support to accept Morelos leaving for substantially less that their £30million valuation while adding to their clubs victim narrative.

Barney McGrew
04-02-2020, 04:29 PM
Sounds like he is softening up their support to accept Morelos leaving for substantially less that their £30million valuation while adding to their clubs victim narrative.

This, 100%.

Deansy
04-02-2020, 04:33 PM
Hopes racial slurs won't drive thug face Morelos out?

Erm, what aboot your own supports centuries old bigoted slurs to opposing players and fans?

House. Order. First. Son.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Ha-ha - no doubt our media will have a field day with this when pointing out Gerrard's/Huns hypocrisy …………………………………….. :tumble:

Pretty Boy
04-02-2020, 04:38 PM
He got carried away after the win at Celtic Park and it's blown up in their faces since. A good manager would have played down expectations and kept away from the post match celebrations, he allowed it to look like there was a sense of job done about it.

All the sabre rattling of the last couple of weeks is damanage limitation, they know they have handed the advantage right back to Celtic and the club and Gerrard know he is partly culpable. It's all a PR exercise now.

Torto7
04-02-2020, 04:41 PM
It's a follow on to distract from the embarrassment of the Morelos PI story and Michael Stewart exposing Jabba on sportsound. The lodge and the private schoolboy Tories are trying their best to divide the country using the sectarian divide as their weapon. Working class guys with **** all but Rangers in their lives lap this up and start frothing at the mouth ready to do their overlords bidding. See the George Square intimidation after the Indy vote.

In the case of sevco it also distracts their fans from asking too many questions. More proof in my opinion that they follow a cult.

Spike Mandela
04-02-2020, 04:43 PM
Would be nice to totally derail them tomorrow night.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2020, 04:45 PM
It's a follow on to distract from the embarrassment of the Morelos PI story and Michael Stewart exposing Jabba on sportsound.

What did I miss?

I don't know anything about those 2 things.

truehibernian
04-02-2020, 04:47 PM
Hopefully someone from Sky will ask Gerrard his thoughts on sectarian chanting at grounds and whether there is a place for it in sport and society :aok::cb

jacomo
04-02-2020, 04:48 PM
It’s amazing how often Gerrard talks about how he doesn’t want Morelos to go. Afaik there have been no firm bids for him apart from that very credible and in no way fabricated bid from China, of course.

Seems like Sevco have had him in the shop window since they signed him.

Chorley Hibee
04-02-2020, 04:49 PM

Exactly what I said last week on the thread about Morelos and the "sabotaged" car.

HoboHarry
04-02-2020, 04:51 PM
Celtic have reacted now to the Sky interview with El Buffalo

http://www.celticfc.net/news/17492

PH91
04-02-2020, 04:51 PM
Would be nice to totally derail them tomorrow night.

It would be better than nice, it would be f***ing brilliant.

3-0 win please.

Torto7
04-02-2020, 04:55 PM
What did I miss?

I don't know anything about those 2 things.

Freddo's car was apparently tampered with and the papers ran a story about it. Der Hun start frothing at the mouth about Their enemies and racism. Turns out it was his Mrs who'd hired a Private Investigator because she suspected he was playing away.

Michael Stewart essentially called Trainor a bully and implied he was how shall I put this....using his contacts in the media and his position at the Huns to whip them into a frenzy.

The huns are trying to get folk back on script now about the evil country they live in and poor wee freddo will have to leave in all likelihood. Probably for a lot less than 30mill as well.

JohnMcM
04-02-2020, 04:56 PM
Hopefully someone from Sky will ask Gerrard his thoughts on sectarian chanting at grounds and whether there is a place for it in sport and society :aok::cb

I would happily pay for that question to be asked of him.

Seems to me he has been sucked into the depths of their 'victimisation' and 'not our blame' culture. I wonder if he will ever talk about the bigotry he must hear week-in week-out.

Scouse Hibee
04-02-2020, 04:58 PM
Nae luck Stevie, you can still ****** walk alone.

Torto7
04-02-2020, 05:01 PM
Celtic have reacted now to the Sky interview with El Buffalo

http://www.celticfc.net/news/17492

Translations provided to Celtic Football Club have shown inconsistencies between the words spoken during the interview broadcast and the subtitles used by Sky Sports.

In particular, and most concerning, while the broadcaster used the following subtitle on screen: "Afterwards it was very frustrating to hear the crowd screaming at me. They were saying offensive and racist words.”

Mr Morelos does not use these words anywhere within the extended interview which has been broadcast across Sky’s platforms

If that's true I'd be getting the clubs legal team(Celtics) to look at it.

Smartie
04-02-2020, 05:02 PM
Gerrard needs to be careful.

In my opinion he is a very good manager with a very good career as a manager ahead of him if he plays his cards right.

Currently he is employed by an absolutely toxic brand. It will provide him with a good few learning experiences but he needs to be very careful how ingrained he gets with the nonsense there. Chucking accusations around and being played by the repulsive characters on that club's employ will not end well for him.

There are people he might need to deal with in his future career that he'd be best off not pissing off too much at this point.

truehibernian
04-02-2020, 05:03 PM
I would happily pay for that question to be asked of him.

Seems to me he has been sucked into the depths of their 'victimisation' and 'not our blame' culture. I wonder if he will ever talk about the bigotry he must hear week-in week-out.

Won't happen John.......The Rangers will continually voice the victim card via public statement and behind the scenes vet the questions and censor the interviewers :aok:

Sky are part of the problem too...........money before moral obligation.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2020, 05:09 PM
Freddo's car was apparently tampered with and the papers ran a story about it. Der Hun start frothing at the mouth about Their enemies and racism. Turns out it was his Mrs who'd hired a Private Investigator because she suspected he was playing away.

Michael Stewart essentially called Trainor a bully and implied he was how shall I put this....using his contacts in the media and his position at the Huns to whip them into a frenzy.

The huns are trying to get folk back on script now about the evil country they live in and poor wee freddo will have to leave in all likelihood. Probably for a lot less than 30mill as well.

Wow!

JohnMcM
04-02-2020, 05:12 PM
Won't happen John.......The Rangers will continually voice the victim card via public statement and behind the scenes vet the questions and censor the interviewers :aok:

Sky are part of the problem too...........money before moral obligation.

I fear you are correct.

I respected Gerrard as a player for the most part, he had a career to be proud of, bar some 'naughties'. He had the makings of a good head coach/manager with his experience and attitude alone as far as I am concerned.

It's possible that this move to The The's will be his undoing at high level (English Premiership) management.

Hiber-nation
04-02-2020, 05:14 PM
Wow!

Check out the Sportsound thread, it's all covered there.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2020, 05:19 PM
Check out the Sportsound thread, it's all covered there.

Thanks. I haven't read any of that, but I will now.

Since452
04-02-2020, 05:19 PM
Gerrard is the most unlikable character in football. Suits that mob to a tee

The 90+2
04-02-2020, 05:23 PM
Gerrard needs to be careful.

In my opinion he is a very good manager with a very good career as a manager ahead of him if he plays his cards right.

Currently he is employed by an absolutely toxic brand. It will provide him with a good few learning experiences but he needs to be very careful how ingrained he gets with the nonsense there. Chucking accusations around and being played by the repulsive characters on that club's employ will not end well for him.

There are people he might need to deal with in his future career that he'd be best off not pissing off too much at this point.

Spot on. There’s backing your player as a manager then there’s being the front mouthpiece for that vile club and he’s part of using the media for the clubs benefit, something he’s despised his whole life after Hillsborough.

The 90+2
04-02-2020, 05:24 PM

I raise you John Terry or Luis Suarez.

truehibernian
04-02-2020, 05:29 PM

Our current national manager voiced his concerns about the sectarian abuse he suffered.........how many media days was it given ?

Gerrard was a world class footballer, but uneducated and uninitiated in the Old Firm (really). He now panders to his paymasters and the hordes.

Don't ever expect the Scottish mainstream media to challenge him (or others) on bigotry and sectarianism in football -won't happen unless they all (media) close ranks and fight it.

Media here are cowards.

MWHIBBIES
04-02-2020, 05:32 PM

Or you know, murderers and rapists like Marcos Alonso or Robinho.

Actually, after reading about him helping a former Molde player accused of 6 counts of rape escape the country before his trial, ole gunnar solskjaer is definitely up there.

Gerrard is a tool but he's nothing on those guys.

The 90+2
04-02-2020, 05:34 PM

Actually, after reading about him helping a former Molde player accused of 6 counts of rape escape the country before his trial, ole gunnar solskjaer is definitely up there.

Yep, we could add David Goodwillie and Adam Johnson too.

easty
04-02-2020, 05:37 PM

How is Marcos Alonso a murderer exactly?

Scouse Hibee
04-02-2020, 05:42 PM
How is Marcos Alonso a murderer exactly?

Must be referring to this, not murder though.

In 2011, Alonso was arrested for his involvement in a car crash in Madrid which killed one of the passengers, a 19-year-old woman.

Alonso, who was playing for Bolton Wanderers at the time of the incident, was driving at 112.8 km per hour in wet conditions in a zone with a maximum speed of 50 km per hour. The Spaniard was also under the influence and his blood alcohol level was 0.93 mg per millilitre of blood.

The Spaniard was originally sentenced to 21 months in prison in February 2016 but it was later changed to €61,000 fine and a driving ban of three years and four months which he had already served.

easty
04-02-2020, 05:44 PM
Chelsea’s Marcos Alonso is the only player in this list who is currently playing professionally. In 2011, Alonso was arrested for his involvement in a car crash in Madrid which killed one of the passengers, a 19-year-old woman.

Alonso, who was playing for Bolton Wanderers at the time of the incident, was driving at 112.8 km per hour in wet conditions in a zone with a maximum speed of 50 km per hour. The Spaniard was also under the influence and his blood alcohol level was 0.93 mg per millilitre of blood.

The Spaniard was originally sentenced to 21 months in prison in February 2016 but it was later changed to €61,000 fine and a driving ban of three years and four months which he had already served.

So...an idiot but not a murderer then.

Scouse Hibee
04-02-2020, 05:45 PM

Exactly

MWHIBBIES
04-02-2020, 05:53 PM

I think he's a little beyond idiot. Didn't see a jail cell for his actions killing someone.

easty
04-02-2020, 06:00 PM
I think he's a little beyond idiot. Didn't see a jail cell for his actions killing someone.

If you think what he did was murder, then you think wrong.

Smartie
04-02-2020, 06:03 PM
If you think what he did was murder, then you think wrong.

It’s not murder, but anyone who drives recklessly and causes an “accident” in which someone loses their life deserves to be very seriously punished.

Jim44
04-02-2020, 06:14 PM

That’s a fair account of the story so far. How much is the connivance of his pregnant wife true and accepted? I read somewhere that she has denied any involvement, saying, I think, that ‘they will have to prove it was me’. Whatever the truth, it’s an embarrassing mess for Rangers. I wonder how much this sort of ‘scandal’ will chase Gerrard out of Ibrox.

Sylar
04-02-2020, 07:25 PM
If Sky Sports News have, as Celtic and Rangers (their fans were lambasting Sky earlier for mistranslation of the interview too) done what the clubs are suggesting, then BOTH clubs should be going after Sky. It doesn't matter how loathsome either club is - the day the media start falsely representing someone being interviewed in a non-English language and use it to stir division and hatred, is the day every club in our league should stand together and tell them to **** off.

Smartie
04-02-2020, 07:34 PM
If Sky Sports News have, as Celtic and Rangers (their fans were lambasting Sky earlier for mistranslation of the interview too) done what the clubs are suggesting, then BOTH clubs should be going after Sky. It doesn't matter how loathsome either club is - the day the media start falsely representing someone being interviewed in a non-English language and use it to stir division and hatred, is the day every club in our league should stand together and tell them to **** off.

It's a good point, and given the controversy surrounding Morelos at the moment he should be livid.

He brings enough on himself without this having to happen.

Am I the only one getting the feeling that there are some relatively innocent parties getting dragged into something more sinister here - by that I mean Gerrard and Morelos? The despicable Rangers media machine (which we have fallen foul of in the past) seems to be in overdrive at the moment to (?) distract from their current poor form.

Remember, the Scottish Cup final defeat was a hammer blow for them as they missed out on the revenue from European football. They don't seem to be able to have a setback without flinging ***** everywhere and practically imploding.

WoreTheGreen
04-02-2020, 07:41 PM
For me it’s a set up blame the media ( hun led ) the punt him smokescreen it’s why we lost the league

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-02-2020, 07:50 PM
5 points dropped in 2 games. Looking a totally different side from before the winter break. Classic deflection

I have no time for whataboutery but their sheer hypocrisy is laughable.

That being said, if sky have inaccurately quoted a player then that is extremely low! Rip up the contract and go take whatever BT were offering

Since452
04-02-2020, 07:54 PM
5 points dropped in 2 games. Looking a totally different side from before the winter break. Classic deflection

I have no time for whataboutery but their sheer hypocrisy is laughable.

That being said, if sky have inaccurately quoted a player then that is extremely low! Rip up the contract and go take whatever BT were offering

Massive deflection tactic. Hiding the fact that Gerard can't change formation no matter what is happening in a game and were very lucky not to lose to Aberdeen at home. It's all gone pear shaped since they won the league at Celtic park and Gerrard acted like a fanny

jgl07
04-02-2020, 08:38 PM

I Trump you with Alfredo Morelos.

Jones28
04-02-2020, 08:45 PM
Translations provided to Celtic Football Club have shown inconsistencies between the words spoken during the interview broadcast and the subtitles used by Sky Sports.

In particular, and most concerning, while the broadcaster used the following subtitle on screen: "Afterwards it was very frustrating to hear the crowd screaming at me. They were saying offensive and racist words.”

Mr Morelos does not use these words anywhere within the extended interview which has been broadcast across Sky’s platforms

If that's true I'd be getting the clubs legal team(Celtics) to look at it.

Woooooow...that’s absolutely shocking.

And guess who’s getting exclusive rights to Scottish football folks!

HoboHarry
04-02-2020, 08:53 PM
This whole story is mental - are the people at Sky too stupid to realise that the sub titles could and would be checked? Traynor is different - he's a past his sell by date dinosaur from a by-gone era but Sky? Seriously?

.Sean.
04-02-2020, 08:57 PM
Cannot wait to smash these ****s tomorrow. Due a 3-0 at Ibrox?

The 90+2
04-02-2020, 08:59 PM
Woooooow...that’s absolutely shocking.

And guess who’s getting exclusive rights to Scottish football folks!

Premier Sports?

JeMeSouviens
04-02-2020, 09:06 PM
This whole story is mental - are the people at Sky too stupid to realise that the sub titles could and would be checked? Traynor is different - he's a past his sell by date dinosaur from a by-gone era but Sky? Seriously?

Did sky do them or have they taken a translation supplied by Sevco? Either way though, they should have checked.

Jones28
04-02-2020, 09:08 PM
Premier Sports?

Sky Sports...

JeMeSouviens
04-02-2020, 09:08 PM
https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2020/02/04/lost-in-translation/#more-15447

Phil claims the subtitles were provided by Morelos’ agent.

Hibeesmad
04-02-2020, 09:09 PM
Gerrard will be devastated that Henderson will achieve more than him as captain.

Billy Whizz
04-02-2020, 09:12 PM

You’d have thought Sky would have checked it before airing
There’s maybe a wee bit of difference between Columbian Spanish and European Spanish, but you’d have thought they would have used someone with language experience to subtitle it, unless Rangers supplied this

CloudSquall
04-02-2020, 09:23 PM
Can only imagine how mental Rangers Media will be in the 10 in a Row season if they go more than 5 points behind Celtic.

HoboHarry
04-02-2020, 09:23 PM
Did sky do them or have they taken a translation supplied by Sevco? Either way though, they should have checked.
I'm honestly not sure but it makes no difference, they have enough Spanish speakers on their staff that this type of mistake is inexcusable......

04-02-2020, 09:27 PM

There has been some serious miscommunication, have Rangers got someone like a Director of Communications that can explain how this has happened?

Sammy7nil
04-02-2020, 09:28 PM

Not a murder but far worse than an idiot. An idiot may run on the pitch and try and punch a player however when you are breaking the law drunk driving and speeding then some one as killed as a result you are far worse than an idiot. IMHO of course.

Jones28
04-02-2020, 09:31 PM

There’s somewhere in the middle of the two.

If your conscious, idiotic decisions and actions kill somebody at what point does the pendulum stop on it’s swing from idiot to murderer?

Joe6-2
04-02-2020, 09:34 PM

This

davhibby
04-02-2020, 09:39 PM
You’d have thought Sky would have checked it before airing
There’s maybe a wee bit of difference between Columbian Spanish and European Spanish, but you’d have thought they would have used someone with language experience to subtitle it, unless Rangers supplied this

The thing is, when you see the translation up against what was actually said, it’s not like they’ve got a few words wrong here and there. There are whole paragraphs of text that don’t even come close to resembling anything Morelos said

Hibby70
04-02-2020, 09:44 PM
There’s somewhere in the middle of the two.

If your conscious, idiotic decisions and actions kill somebody at what point does the pendulum stop on it’s swing from idiot to murderer?

Some countries don't have manslaughter or involuntary homicide and would just charge under murder.

CraigHibee
04-02-2020, 09:46 PM

perfect match, both are ****s

FilipinoHibs
04-02-2020, 10:31 PM
The thing is, when you see the translation up against what was actually said, it’s not like they’ve got a few words wrong here and there. There are whole paragraphs of text that don’t even come close to resembling anything Morelos said

They deliberately conspired to miss lead. Traynor obviously behind this. They were so stupid not to realise that the translation would be checked. After all Spanish is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world, second after Mandarin.

KingPat4
04-02-2020, 10:38 PM
Stevie G is not a bad person, he's just not very bright.

04-02-2020, 10:43 PM
Stevie G is not a bad person, he's just not very bright.

https://youtu.be/RaBQmiJq8Io

Stantons Angel
04-02-2020, 11:42 PM

He did the same thing with Hibs winning the cup accusing the Hibs support of assaulting Rangers players and officials on the park.

When this was found to be untrue no apology was or has ever been given.

He is just a pathetic man giving his profession a bad name!

BTW Alfredo Playing away? OMG the mind boggles at that one!!!

GreenNWhiteArmy
05-02-2020, 07:52 AM
Siege mentality in full swing. Everyone is against us. Nobody likes us, we dont care (actually we really do)

Their fans will be like rabid dogs tonight. If we can keep them at bay for the first 20 mins the crowd will get restless

KingPat4
05-02-2020, 09:26 AM
https://youtu.be/RaBQmiJq8Io

:faf: