PDA

View Full Version : Efe Ambrose

Tambo
04-02-2020, 02:40 PM
Starting to wonder why no club has signed this guy yet, maybe there has been plenty of offers and efe's happy to stay at home with family.

Any ideas?

Oscar T Grouch
04-02-2020, 02:45 PM
Starting to wonder why no club has signed this guy yet, maybe there has been plenty of offers and efe's happy to stay at home with family.

Any ideas?

Maybe he doesn't want to play anymore, or maybe there is something going on in his life that means he can't commit to a contract. Maybe he is happy spending time at home with his family? Whatever is going on I doubt he'll be back with Hibs.

DH1875
04-02-2020, 03:02 PM
Has to be more to it. Take Hibs out of the equation, must be 100s of clubs around the world who'd take him. Something not right there.

calumhibee1
04-02-2020, 03:15 PM
Has to be more to it. Take Hibs out of the equation, must be 100s of clubs around the world who'd take him. Something not right there.

Certainly seems that way. A very talented player who has basically just given up football for a year at his when he’s just starting to reach the end of his peak. Very strange.

erin go bragh
04-02-2020, 03:36 PM

Any ideas?
Was a report in some paper back in October ( think) saying he was keeping himself fit and was open to coming back to Scotland. with us being mentioned.

Tambo
05-02-2020, 08:16 AM
I see the EEN has him listed again as one of ten free agents available to sign still.

hibees 7062
05-02-2020, 08:36 AM
Livi tried to sign him

Cataplana
05-02-2020, 10:43 AM
He's a lazy sod.

sean04
05-02-2020, 10:50 AM
Probably wants big wages and heard he can be a bit to laid back

Anthony Soprano
05-02-2020, 11:12 AM
Whilst I wouldn't be against him coming back, he went for the money and ultimately payed the price as he failed to make an appearance for Derby and is now without a club, a very good player at times, incredibly frustrating at others.

At 31 he should be enjoying his prime years, but he's not and I'm sure there's a good reason for it.

We don't appear to be interested so time to move on, the grass isn't always greener Efe son.

Since452
05-02-2020, 11:17 AM
Needs Neil Lennon giving him special treatment. Without it he's a liability

neil7908
05-02-2020, 02:31 PM
Would definitely take him until the end of the season, regardless of any issues when he was previously at the club. Our defence is brutal at the moment and we'll not move up the table if we have to score 2-3 goals to win every game.

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2020, 04:19 PM
Would definitely take him until the end of the season, regardless of any issues when he was previously at the club. Our defence is brutal at the moment and we'll not move up the table if we have to score 2-3 goals to win every game.

Might take him until the end of season to get fit. I find it remarkable that a guy that hasn’t kicked a ball for anyone in over a year, with his actual state of fitness unknown is so highly regarded to step right back in. A very good player on his day but let’s not kid ourselves he can step from obscurity right into the team.