PDA

View Full Version : Sparky Stamp

KingPat4
04-02-2020, 02:40 PM
Apologies if mentioned before, but Leigh really should have walked on Sunday. Boozy and Brian Rice had every reason to be upset, especially as their player got a very harsh red when Accies were 1-0 up.

A big example of how referees treat the old firm differently against the 'wee team's'.

Besides, if Hamilton had snatched a point, the deluded ones would still be bottom.

:lolyam:

Keith_M
04-02-2020, 02:47 PM
I thought that as well. That was as clear a red card as you can get.

Wonder what Scott Brown's got to say about this one, seeing as he was complaining that some players get off with things that he would be booked for (no, seriously!)

franks
04-02-2020, 02:56 PM
Clear red card, the infirm do tend to get the benefit of the doubt (not that there was any doubt).

DH1875
04-02-2020, 02:59 PM
Everyone's favourite pundit doesn't think it was a red card and everyone saying he's the best.

Jim44
04-02-2020, 03:03 PM
I think it was a certain red card. I think he somehow realised that he was stamping the guy and tried to make it look like the guy was holding his leg and he was trying to release it. I can see how the referee was hoodwinked.

easty
04-02-2020, 03:14 PM
I think it was a certain red card. I think he somehow realised that he was stamping the guy and tried to make it look like the guy was holding his leg and he was trying to release it. I can see how the referee was hoodwinked.

I can kind of see why the ref fell for it too...but I don't think the ref would have "fell for it" if it'd been a stamp on a Celtc player unfortunately.

Gloucester Hibs
04-02-2020, 03:19 PM
With the title still "in the balance" refs will be petrified of making any big calls that would negatively affect either side's chances :rolleyes:

I'm Spartacus
04-02-2020, 03:20 PM
100% a red card BUT then I see his left foot is caught, saying that, I'd like to think I'd always rather fall safely rather than stamp, with studs, on another human being.

Poor decision Sparky.
Poor decision referee.

where'stheslope
04-02-2020, 03:22 PM
I can kind of see why the ref fell for it too...but I don't think the ref would have "fell for it" if it'd been a stamp on a Celtc player unfortunately.
Having watched the video of the incident, the ref was not looking at the incident, but the 3 ref's who did look at it to see if there was any unfair play, thought "no case to answer"?????
It just puzzles me what they actually think was going on????
If it was Irish dancing, maybe some leeway, but on a football pitch with the ball well away, its GBH!!!!!!

monarch
04-02-2020, 03:32 PM
So the yellow card was issued for the push on Grogic but he gets nothing at all for the “stamp” ? I would have thought the latter would singly have merited a yellow making two yellows equal to a red.

Going slightly off subject how does this incident get dealt with within 2 days of happening yet the incident involving the Rangers’ bench charge into the Hibs technical area after Porteous’s tackle during the Rangers game at ER doesn’t get dealt with till later this week, five weeks after it happened ?

J-C
04-02-2020, 04:40 PM
Post on Twitter showing he was adjusting his weight from right to left foot, quite compelling.

SquashedFrogg
04-02-2020, 04:48 PM
Everyone's favourite pundit doesn't think it was a red card and everyone saying he's the best.

People are allowed to disagree with everyone's favourite pundit now and again. It's allowed.

Max_Shah
04-02-2020, 04:51 PM

How dare you.

Don't you know he once played for MANCHESTER UNITED.

danhibees1875
04-02-2020, 05:16 PM
Post on Twitter showing he was adjusting his weight from right to left foot, quite compelling.

To be fair, that put a lot more doubts in my head about it than I was expecting it would when I first read your post.

Sir David Gray
04-02-2020, 05:24 PM
He should have been off and Lennon should also be facing a ban for entering the pitch after they scored one of their goals. It wasn't much different to his aeroplane celebration a couple of years ago which saw him banned.

Jack Hackett
04-02-2020, 06:12 PM
If it was worth a yellow, it was worth a red... all day long

tamig
04-02-2020, 06:14 PM
He should have been off and Lennon should also be facing a ban for entering the pitch after they scored one of their goals. It wasn't much different to his aeroplane celebration a couple of years ago which saw him banned.

Aye, but who was the aeroplane against?

WYHibbees
04-02-2020, 06:18 PM
Considering he had been getting mugged by the guy, and it did look like he had a natural shift of his weight onto that leg (partially due to the jostling with the hamilton player) - it doesn't look too bad to me. Almost looked like he thought about it (giving a good stamp as his weight was going onto that leg) but then made an honest effort to not really give the studs.

pontius pilate
04-02-2020, 06:30 PM
Slightly of topic but it's the same with raheem sterling surely his stamp was a red card on sunday as well he should have been off. The pundits and media have their darlings though and both north and south of the border they all agreed that the two incidents weren't a red

AgentDaleCooper
04-02-2020, 06:42 PM
i genuinely don't think it was a deliberate stamp, but there was some tussling that merited a yellow card.

mjhibby
04-02-2020, 08:15 PM
Slightly of topic but it's the same with raheem sterling surely his stamp was a red card on sunday as well he should have been off. The pundits and media have their darlings though and both north and south of the border they all agreed that the two incidents weren't a red

Shocking challenge. Spurs forward son has been sent off for far less. He gets away to with murder but son seems to get booked/sent off for innocuous challenges.

04-02-2020, 08:22 PM

Can't find it, have you got a link?

Swedish hibee
05-02-2020, 01:57 AM
Red card absolutely.

HoboHarry
05-02-2020, 02:33 AM

Sterling's tackle at the weekend was a shocker and he should have been off.

HoboHarry
05-02-2020, 02:36 AM
Shocking challenge. Spurs forward son has been sent off for far less. He gets away to with murder but son seems to get booked/sent off for innocuous challenges.

In fairness with Sons ordering off when the Everton player broke his leg, the ref did show a yellow (correctly in my opinion) but VAR whispered in his ear it should be a red card.

Man Down Under
05-02-2020, 03:31 AM
Was an interesting one, looked like he raised his foot to stamp the player, realised it was a silly idea so stamped his other foot into the ground. Tough call

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
05-02-2020, 05:57 AM
With the title still "in the balance" refs will be petrified of making any big calls that would negatively affect either side's chances :rolleyes:

100% what will happen. Other teams will get done over in favour of OF as per and who cares if they miss out on Europe, top 6 or are relegated all that matters is a title race.

JimBHibees
05-02-2020, 06:00 AM
So the yellow card was issued for the push on Grogic but he gets nothing at all for the “stamp” ? I would have thought the latter would singly have merited a yellow making two yellows equal to a red.

Going slightly off subject how does this incident get dealt with within 2 days of happening yet the incident involving the Rangers’ bench charge into the Hibs technical area after Porteous’s tackle during the Rangers game at ER doesn’t get dealt with till later this week, five weeks after it happened ?

Good point about Gogic and the yellow should have been second yellow for push.

J-C
05-02-2020, 07:57 AM
Can't find it, have you got a link?

https://twitter.com/Fitzy_072/status/1224346896069775362?s=20