PDA

View Full Version : Live football in Berlin

H18 SFR
04-02-2020, 03:25 PM
Any recommendations for live football in Berlin?

Ideally I'd love to see the Hibs game but know that it is probably a long shot. Ant recommendations for EPL Saturday 3pm kick offs?

hibby rae
04-02-2020, 03:39 PM

Ideally I'd love to see the Hibs game but know that it is probably a long shot. Ant recommendations for EPL Saturday 3pm kick offs?

I went to a hostel that showed the Hibs v Celtic League Cup semi in 2017. Helpful I know! But they had about 4 different games on and right next to an U-Bahn station.

If you're looking for a game to go to then Berlin has plenty of teams and they pretty much all get good crowds.

I went to see Dynamo Berlin, East German champions about 10 years running (the Stasi's favourite team 😂), play Chemie Leipzig, who wore green so I went in their end. Really cheap, was able to have a beer, and a great atmosphere. There were thousands there and this must be the 3rd or 4th league in Germany

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-02-2020, 03:40 PM

I've watched Scottish games here before, you might be lucky.

Belushis Berlin (http://www.belushis.com/student/berlin#undefined)

Rosa Luxemburgplatz underground IIRC.

hibby rae
04-02-2020, 03:44 PM

That's the one I watched Hibs. On Rosa-Luxemburg Straße.

Keith_M
04-02-2020, 03:53 PM

I went to see Dynamo Berlin, East German champions about 10 years running (the Stasi's favourite team 😂), play Chemie Leipzig, who wore green so I went in their end. Really cheap, was able to have a beer, and a great atmosphere. There were thousands there and this must be the 3rd or 4th league in Germany

Have they been resurrected? I thought they were consigned to history.

You learn something new every day.

kaimendhibs
04-02-2020, 03:54 PM
Kilnennys at Hackersmarkt station

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

hibby rae
04-02-2020, 03:59 PM
Have they been resurrected? I thought they were consigned to history.

You learn something new every day.

Oh yeah, play at their old ground too. My understanding is they are not a popular team with other fans.

This is quite an interesting video about Berlin's teams:

https://youtu.be/B9gF15nGB7M

wpj
04-02-2020, 03:59 PM
Best to try to take in a live game, always enjoy watching German football when I'm there. Berlin has a couple of teams with a lot of history.

Keith_M
04-02-2020, 04:05 PM
Oh yeah, play at their old ground too. My understanding is they are not a popular team with other fans.

This is quite an interesting video about Berlin's teams:

https://youtu.be/B9gF15nGB7M

:aok:

I'm not surprised they're not too popular. It would be a bit like having a side still in the leagues that was formally funded by the Gestapo

My Missus is still convinced they* were the ones that blabbed to her mum about her under age drinking as a 15 year old.

* The Stasi, not the Gestapo. She's not quite that old ;)

easty
04-02-2020, 04:12 PM

:agree:

Was in Berlin last year and they had Scotish football on

Spudster
04-02-2020, 04:17 PM
I went to a hostel that showed the Hibs v Celtic League Cup semi in 2017. Helpful I know! But they had about 4 different games on and right next to an U-Bahn station.

If you're looking for a game to go to then Berlin has plenty of teams and they pretty much all get good crowds.

I know they have strong links with Aberdeen (casuals) and come over for Aberdeen rangers games.
There’s a brilliant burger place nearby called The Bird which I’d definitely recommend

Aritch
04-02-2020, 05:03 PM
I'm going to Hertha v Mainz this Saturday. 3.30pm kick off and ticket cost about 22 euros. The ticket also entitles you to use public transport. Pretty great system.

superbam
04-02-2020, 05:10 PM
Watched the second half of the 2013 cup win over Aberdeen in a manky internet cafe in Freidrichshain, went totally radge when Williams saved the pen. Tried and failed to find a pub.

Baader
04-02-2020, 07:20 PM
This might help:

https://celebreak.eu/where-to-watch-football-in-berlin/

Have a good mate who lives in Berlin so visit quite regularly. Great city. Went to see Hertha last year, good experience. Union even better. Going over in July.

H18 SFR
04-02-2020, 08:23 PM
As always, a superb effort on here. I actually love the recommendations.

Del Boy
04-02-2020, 08:25 PM
I'm going to Hertha v Mainz this Saturday. 3.30pm kick off and ticket cost about 22 euros. The ticket also entitles you to use public transport. Pretty great system.

Went to Hertha v Wolfsburg this time last year, great stadium, beer, decent food and free transport there and back. Was a **** game though!

LancashireHibby
04-02-2020, 08:27 PM
This might help:

https://celebreak.eu/where-to-watch-football-in-berlin/

Have a good mate who lives in Berlin so visit quite regularly. Great city. Went to see Hertha last year, good experience. Union even better. Going over in July.
A real struggle to get a ticket for Union these days. I was in Berlin just before Christmas and the only availability was €100+ on Viagogo. Enjoyed it hugely watching Hibs there a few years ago though.

kaimendhibs
05-02-2020, 08:27 AM
Best to try to take in a live game, always enjoy watching German football when I'm there. Berlin has a couple of teams with a lot of history.Me and my pals adopted Union Berlin as our German Team a few years back.
Great stadium and fans

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Begbie79
05-02-2020, 12:02 PM
As the other guys say, Belushis is best for it, cheap food and drinks.

Definitely take in a game, been going to watch Union for about 4 years now, unreal football club.

Dont go anywhere near Dynamo, they are mostly Nazi's. They do however have the best food at any football game ive been to.

Back over for the Hertha V Union derby in March.

Alan62
05-02-2020, 01:59 PM
I went to Union Berlin a few years back. Smashing wee trip and you can drink watery beer in the ground.

H18 SFR
07-02-2020, 08:22 PM
Berlin is amazing, all I can is I'd love to come here to see Hibs play.

Smartie
07-02-2020, 08:29 PM
Berlin is amazing, all I can is I'd love to come here to see Hibs play.

Am I right in thinking we were penalties against Brondby away from that happening?

They got Hertha in the next round.

calumhibee1
07-02-2020, 08:33 PM
Am I right in thinking we were penalties against Brondby away from that happening?

Yup. Had that tie been drawn before we went out?

hibby rae
07-02-2020, 08:39 PM

Indeed we were. What an away tie that would have been. Definitely my first choice for a Hibs Euro trip. Brondby actually knocked Hertha out in the next round as well.