PDA

View Full Version : Power updates on Hibs

Greenworld
04-02-2020, 08:11 AM
Just thought I would put this up in case people miss it .

www.tinyurl.com/u6hxfzo

Power has said future updates on Hibs will ne on here need to download this app

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Power
04-02-2020, 08:50 AM
Just thought I would put this up in case people miss it .

www.tinyurl.com/u6hxfzo

Power has said future updates on Hibs will ne on here need to download this app

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting. It’s the same content as posted on here (Saturday) - and elsewhere - feedback was given early summer not everyone reads fans forums so getting these on a blog is ideal.

No need to download the app - weblink works ok. I’ll keep posting the full content here monthly with links - only just over 12 months to go before I pass the baton on.

Shout if I can help with anything ✅

staunchhibby
04-02-2020, 12:44 PM
Any updates re tannoy system not working in ff.

Power
04-02-2020, 12:48 PM

Good shout (believe there was white noise problems when on so temporarily shut down?). Will be fixed at the same time as improvements planned elsewhere - end of season is planned timeline but I would hope well before then.

staunchhibby
04-02-2020, 01:31 PM
Thanks for that

KeithTheHibby
04-02-2020, 01:54 PM
Any idea when the accounts are coming out?

bingo70
04-02-2020, 02:16 PM

Never fails to amaze me the level of interest this gets.

For those that can’t hear anything, you’re not missing anything.

No offence to the Hibs announcer guy.

Onceinawhile
04-02-2020, 02:34 PM

I didn't know we had subbed Paul McGinn on during Saturday's game, because of the lack of noise from the Tannoy, didn't realise until we made a second sub.

BILLYHIBS
04-02-2020, 02:39 PM
I didn't know we had subbed Paul McGinn on during Saturday's game, because of the lack of noise from the Tannoy, didn't realise until we made a second sub.

Never noticed McNulty was on either 😂

bingo70
04-02-2020, 02:44 PM

Did you not notice Mcginn was on by seeing that he was on? I know you were at the other end of the park but It’s not like he and Gray look alike!

There’s also the matter of the 4th official holding a board up before allowing Mcginn to enter the park.

Anyway, it’s no big deal, some want the tannoy fixed, I get it, I just don’t see why it’s so important to so many.

Sioux
04-02-2020, 02:48 PM

Really?
:faf:

Iggy Pope
04-02-2020, 05:23 PM
Good shout (believe there was white noise problems when on so temporarily shut down?). Will be fixed at the same time as improvements planned elsewhere - end of season is planned timeline but I would hope well before then.

Is that only improvements elsewhere with the sound system or are there structural repairs planned for the roof which is a wee bit less watertight than the Back 4.

Max_Shah
04-02-2020, 05:43 PM
Thanks for posting. It’s the same content as posted on here (Saturday) - and elsewhere - feedback was given early summer not everyone reads fans forums so getting these on a blog is ideal.

No need to download the app - weblink works ok. I’ll keep posting the full content here monthly with links - only just over 12 months to go before I pass the baton on.

Shout if I can help with anything ✅

Thanks for the update.

Always timely and always informative.

One small suggestion RE: Comms:

Not a fan of said app but I feel an invite only [free to set up] Discord server would be the way forward to provide real-time updates to individuals not in the Bounce/PM.net loop and it would combat the spread of wildly extravagant [so-called] ITK Hibs News rampant on that hot website called "social-media"

Keep up the good work. :aok:

We [my man and I] certainly appreciate all you are doing.

Always keep in mind KP does not get paid extra for this.

Power
04-02-2020, 06:57 PM
Any idea when the accounts are coming out?

Within the next couple of weeks max I would hope.

Is that only improvements elsewhere with the sound system or are there structural repairs planned for the roof which is a wee bit less watertight than the Back 4.

Recently asked for central FF and East (Section 40) roof areas to be added to maintenance list for repairs.

judas
05-02-2020, 05:50 AM
Good blog, very direct and not too wordy.

Ggtth

greenginger
05-02-2020, 08:53 AM

Recently asked for central FF and East (Section 40) roof areas to be added to maintenance list for repairs.

and what about the confirmation statement , now nearly 6 weeks overdue at Companies House.

Our winding up order will be issued soon !

GreenCastle
05-02-2020, 09:16 AM
When does the catering contract end ?

Can we do what Aberdeen are doing and sample food before we decide what takes its place ?

Peevemor
05-02-2020, 09:18 AM
When does the catering contract end ?

Can we do what Aberdeen are doing and sample food before we decide what takes its place ?

Have you considered that maybe, just maybe, the board do this already when the contract is up for renewal?

GreenCastle
05-02-2020, 09:22 AM
Have you considered that maybe, just maybe, the board do this already when the contract is up for renewal?

I’ve considered it yes. But do the board eat the same pies as the fans in the East ? No.

To get fans on board it would surely make sense to allow them to taste them.

Peevemor
05-02-2020, 09:30 AM
I’ve considered it yes. But do the board eat the same pies as the fans in the East ? No.

People in corporate areas, the press, etc. who have the right to a complimentary pie at half time get the the same pies as are sold elsewhere in the stadium.

To get fans on board it would surely make sense to allow them to taste them.

How many fans? Who decides which fans? Do fans have different palates than other people? Who makes a decision if it's 50/50 between the fans?

GreenCastle
05-02-2020, 10:03 AM
People in corporate areas, the press, etc. who have the right to a complimentary pie at half time get the the same pies as are sold elsewhere in the stadium.

How many fans? Who decides which fans? Do fans have different palates than other people? Who makes a decision if it's 50/50 between the fans?

Are you sure they get same pies ?

Obviously a fair sample would be fair - common sense.

Onceinawhile
05-02-2020, 10:26 AM
Really?
:faf:

Yup.

I take my two kids with me and they can often times be asking questions etc... about the game, so I'm not always able to notice everything. In addition, right back is pretty much the furthest position on the pitch from where I sit (other than GK) so it isn't so easy to see.

I'm not bothered by it, but I can see why people would be.

Jones28
05-02-2020, 10:39 AM

They don’t get the same pies in my experience.

Danderhall Hibs
05-02-2020, 01:26 PM

If it’s not of any use why bother with it at all then? Just unplug the speaker that works and make the boy redundant.

bingo70
05-02-2020, 01:33 PM
If it’s not of any use why bother with it at all then? Just unplug the speaker that works and make the boy redundant.

Good idea.

The Modfather
05-02-2020, 01:37 PM

Given that for 10 years the board told us catering was apparently “under review” only for there to be no discernible change in quality, price or options in that time. I’d like the fans to be consulted and have an input into catering.

Peevemor
05-02-2020, 01:41 PM
Given that for 10 years the board told us catering was apparently “under review” only for there to be no discernible change in quality, price or options in that time. I’d like the fans to be consulted and have an input into catering.

But you do.

If you don't like it, don't buy it.

The Modfather
05-02-2020, 01:46 PM
But you do.

If you don't like it, don't buy it.

So rather than Hibs looking for input and possible ways to increase sales and thus revenue (if they took it in house) we should just like it or lump it whatever the offering is?

As it is, I’d like to see different venders, preferably local businesses, in the various different kiosk sections, and/or utilising the space behind the east & west for pop up stalls/vans doing street food.

Iggy Pope
05-02-2020, 01:51 PM

Thanks.
I’ll ask the club from here what they are doing about it. Sounds like nowt though. The FF is a cowp.

Peevemor
05-02-2020, 02:05 PM
So rather than Hibs looking for input and possible ways to increase sales and thus revenue (if they took it in house) we should just like it or lump it whatever the offering is?

As it is, I’d like to see different venders, preferably local businesses, in the various different kiosk sections, and/or utilising the space behind the east & west for pop up stalls/vans doing street food.

This stuff will have been discussed at the working together groups and should also also have been raised by the fans' reps.

It'll be interesting to see if this is something that RG wants to address as a priority.

At the end of the day, the most important thing to Hibs is how much money they can make from the pie stands.

If they do it in-house there's the extra work involved in managing staff, stock, etc.

If they rent them out then the club has less control over quality, service, etc. Allowing additional pop up will reduce the main income as exclusivity will be lost.

I've eaten crap food and something approaching decent food football grounds all over Scotland (and beyond) and to be honest I can''t get worked up about a scotch pie (you have no idea what you're eating).

Bottom line for me is that football's for football. If I happen to be hungry and buy something then I know the risk that I'm taking.

The Modfather
05-02-2020, 02:22 PM
This stuff will have been discussed at the working together groups and should also also have been raised by the fans' reps.

It'll be interesting to see if this is something that RG wants to address as a priority.

At the end of the day, the most important thing to Hibs is how much money they can make from the pie stands.

If they do it in-house there's the extra work involved in managing staff, stock, etc.

If they rent them out then the club has less control over quality, service, etc. Allowing additional pop up will reduce the main income as exclusivity will be lost.

I've eaten crap food and something approaching decent food football grounds all over Scotland (and beyond) and to be honest I can''t get worked up about a scotch pie (you have no idea what you're eating).

Bottom line for me is that football's for football. If I happen to be hungry and buy something then I know the risk that I'm taking.

That’s fair enough, and catering isn’t a deal breaker for me as to whether I go or not. That doesn’t mean the experience, including catering, can’t be improved though. Things like currywurst and schnitzel are cheap and easy to make and something I’ve actually looked forward to the couple of times I’ve been in Germany and taken in a game while there. Same with Italy, there were lots of pop up stalls outside the san siro, and in amongst the staples of burgers etc lots of tasty pasta dishes. All of those examples would be cheap to make, and offer a good alternative to the staples like pie & bovril. I just feel Hibs, & Scottish football, are scared to try anything different to what has always been done for decades, it’s a very archaic attitude IMO. As a minimum I expect there to be contactless payment going forward.

Half time being another example, it’s boring. I get that it’s only 15 mins and limited in what you can do, but we have a couple of kids games and sometimes a 1 on 1 v the mascot. That’s fine, but why did we stop the fans taking shots into inflatable holes to win things etc. We could also copy some of the competitions fans do at half time at Scotland games etc. None of those examples are earth shattering or even particularly memorable, but a general example of how with a little bit of imagination the “match day experience” could be improved, even if only minimally, without much effort IMO.

GreenCastle
05-02-2020, 04:53 PM
That’s fair enough, and catering isn’t a deal breaker for me as to whether I go or not. That doesn’t mean the experience, including catering, can’t be improved though. Things like currywurst and schnitzel are cheap and easy to make and something I’ve actually looked forward to the couple of times I’ve been in Germany and taken in a game while there. Same with Italy, there were lots of pop up stalls outside the san siro, and in amongst the staples of burgers etc lots of tasty pasta dishes. All of those examples would be cheap to make, and offer a good alternative to the staples like pie & bovril. I just feel Hibs, & Scottish football, are scared to try anything different to what has always been done for decades, it’s a very archaic attitude IMO. As a minimum I expect there to be contactless payment going forward.

Half time being another example, it’s boring. I get that it’s only 15 mins and limited in what you can do, but we have a couple of kids games and sometimes a 1 on 1 v the mascot. That’s fine, but why did we stop the fans taking shots into inflatable holes to win things etc. We could also copy some of the competitions fans do at half time at Scotland games etc. None of those examples are earth shattering or even particularly memorable, but a general example of how with a little bit of imagination the “match day experience” could be improved, even if only minimally, without much effort IMO.

Agree about half time - have the mini games fine and penalty shoot out etc.

But bring back the best game ever - passing the football onto the white plastic mat in centre circle - trying to land on bullseye. Think we had it a couple weeks and was brilliant. Would be even better if they did it with fans on the day rather than pre planned - maybe 1 from each stand including away fans ? You have to answer a question to be selected. Ok bit risky but would be fun entertainment.