PDA

View Full Version : Europa League & Europa League 2

Begbie79
03-02-2020, 10:26 AM
Does anyone know if we still qualify for Europe if we were to lose in the Scottish Cup Final to a team that's already qualified for the Europa League or Champions League.

Also, Is it next season the new Europa League 2 starts?

lyonhibs
03-02-2020, 10:36 AM
Does anyone know if we still qualify for Europe if we were to lose in the Scottish Cup Final to a team that's already qualified for the Europa League or Champions League.

I'm 99% sure league position takes precedence over Cup runners up these days, and rightly so tbf.

Pagan Hibernia
03-02-2020, 10:47 AM

starts in 2021

davhibby
03-02-2020, 10:50 AM
I'm 99% sure league position takes precedence over Cup runners up these days, and rightly so tbf.

Yeah, we were the last team in Scotland to benefit before Uefa changed the rules

hibby rae
03-02-2020, 10:52 AM

I think we were the last ones to benefit from the previous rule in 2013. Obviously we went on a magnificient run in the following years' Europa League so it was well worth it 😂