PDA

View Full Version : Ronny G’s plan

Stuart93
02-02-2020, 10:14 PM
Is it time for the club to communicate the plan moving forward?

I’m sure we were told January so hopefully we’ll find out this month.

It’s overdue now

Hibeesmad
02-02-2020, 10:21 PM
The year is 2024, John McGinn has won the Champions League with Juventus, Doidge has won the golden boot in the Premier League and Flo Kamberi has just joined Stenhousmuir on loan from Alloa. Ron Gordon is still to announce his plans from 2019.

Hibbyradge
02-02-2020, 10:29 PM
No. Not yet.

NAE NOOKIE
03-02-2020, 02:31 AM
Just finished watching a great Superbowl, so in that theme: When exactly is Hibernian ball club owner Ron Gordon gonna announce his plan to make this franchise the winningest club in Scotch soccer. Coz I gotta tell ya Ron good buddy that this fan for one is getting fed up waiting :I'm waiti

Viva_Palmeiras
03-02-2020, 02:31 AM
Not now Kato.
Was said to be post transfer window (so is the end of the world)
Anyway he’s in Florida celebrating the Chiefs blowing away the reason I stopped watching American Football - 49ers. So let the hangover clear afore getting on the next flight. A Skype call has touch of the Romanov about it :)

Gloucester Hibs
03-02-2020, 04:27 AM
It’s just waiting on the finishing touches to be added by David Forsyth, then it’s good to go 👍🏻

Yorkshire HFC
03-02-2020, 04:53 AM
Is it time for the club to communicate the plan moving forward?

I’m sure we were told January so hopefully we’ll find out this month.

It’s overdue now

In the real world, he owns the club - he can do what he wants - he doesn't have to tell the fans anything.

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2020, 05:49 AM
Come on people, a little patience please.

Betty Boop
03-02-2020, 07:54 AM

Seems like we've been patient for about 20 years

Bostonhibby
03-02-2020, 08:23 AM
It's another one of those transition seasons we specialize in.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200203/20d7844400c8f06b17bc29cedf04db04.gif

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

matty_f
03-02-2020, 08:45 AM
What are people expecting to see in the plans? What sort of thing would be getting you excited by them?

Kato
03-02-2020, 08:47 AM
Not now Kato.

Am lying in wait.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Keith_M
03-02-2020, 08:53 AM
What are people expecting to see in the plans?

A new indoor training centre (financial details to be announced later) plus free flags and a loudspeaker for the singing section.

The Modfather
03-02-2020, 08:58 AM
What are people expecting to see in the plans? What sort of thing would be getting you excited by them?

Meat on the bones about Ron’s vision for us to have the best youth academy in Scotland. How he plans to achieve that.

The Modfather
03-02-2020, 08:59 AM

I’m a patient man, still waiting on the details of Petrie’s mythical 5 year plan....

GloryGlory
03-02-2020, 09:04 AM

How to improve income growth - e.g. sponsorship, club shop, sweating the assets by improving function/conference facilities
Infrastructure projects
Possible tie-up with MLS club
Stadium naming rights
"Match day experience"

Bostonhibby
03-02-2020, 09:19 AM
What are people expecting to see in the plans? What sort of thing would be getting you excited by them?To be honest if the club hadn't set the expectations by saying there was something coming I'd have been more than happy with a 100% commitment to spending directly on what we have on the pitch for a while.

I'm infrastructured out and having what we have now is enough for the league we're in.

Hibbyradge
03-02-2020, 09:19 AM
Just finished watching a great Superbowl, so in that theme: When exactly is Hibernian ball club owner Ron Gordon gonna announce his plan to make this franchise the winningest club in Scotch soccer. Coz I gotta tell ya Ron good buddy that this fan for one is getting fed up waiting :I'm waiti

The fear of fans getting fed up waiting has never been a particularly good driver for football club owners. Just saying. :wink:

MB62
03-02-2020, 09:20 AM
Dear Ron,
A few years ago, the wife talked me in to buying one of these 5 part pressure cookers, said it was all the rage and that food tasted a lot better cooking with it. It is currently still in its box, unused and never will be used, not by us anyway.
Just wondering, if you have forgotten about buying Hibernian F.C. and now have no intention of doing anything with the club, fancy a swap?
Just P.M. me and I'm sure we can come to some arrangement (I could bring the cooker up to E.R. one day for you if you prefer, do you know how to get there)?

Bostonhibby
03-02-2020, 09:23 AM
Dear Ron,
A few years ago, the wife talked me in to buying one of these 5 part pressure cookers, said it was all the rage and that food tasted a lot better cooking with it. It is currently still in its box, unused and never will be used, not by us anyway.
Just wondering, if you have forgotten about buying Hibernian F.C. and now have no intention of doing anything with the club, fancy a swap?
Just P.M. me and I'm sure we can come to some arrangement (I could bring the cooker up to E.R. one day for you if you prefer, do you know how to get there)?[emoji16]

Can you heat pies in it?

Hibbyradge
03-02-2020, 09:26 AM
Am I the only one who's not that bothered about Ron's plans?

The plan I'm interested in is the one that involves us playing The Rangers on Wednesday, BSC on Sunday and Ross County next Wednesday.

His plans are unlikely to be earth shattering and will most definitely not include chucking money at the squad.

Meh to the plans.

I'll probably come up for the AGM though. :greengrin

Peevemor
03-02-2020, 09:37 AM

The plan I'm interested in is the one that involves us playing The Rangers on Wednesday, BSC on Sunday and Ross County next Wednesday.

His plans are unlikely to be earth shattering and will most definitely not include chucking money at the squad.

Meh to the plans.

I'm with you.

During the January window money was made available to bring in some decent players as well as the unsuccessful but pretty significant 6 figure bids that were made for Kevin Nisbet.

This to me shows that RG/the board are willing to back the manager financially - that's what was most important in the short term

I look forward to seeing RG's plans in good time.

MrRobot
03-02-2020, 10:19 AM

Meh to the plans.

:agree: Exactly as I see it

Onion
03-02-2020, 10:41 AM
I'm with you.

During the January window money was made available to bring in some decent players as well as the unsuccessful but pretty significant 6 figure bids that were made for Kevin Nisbet.

This to me shows that RG/the board are willing to back the manager financially - that's what was most important in the short term

No other option. Jack Ross would have been promised funds to fix the mess that Hecky created, otherwise he was never going to sign up. Having longer term goals and vision is essential in trying to attract, hold and manage players. No different to any other business.

SMAXXA
03-02-2020, 10:45 AM
[emoji16]

Can you heat pies in it?

Seemingly Rangers and Hearts have PM’d about taking it, only on the basis it can cook the books 😉

Lago
03-02-2020, 11:00 AM

Meh to the plans.

No your not, a lot of fake indignation in my opinion

hibee-boys
03-02-2020, 11:01 AM
Hear a lot about this mystical 'matchday experience', are our matchday experiences much different to the vast majority of clubs? My matchday experience is determined by what happens on the pitch. I don't come to Easter Road to (a) hear crystal public announcements (b) eat deluxe pies (c) admire the weed free patch of synthetic grass in front of the east etc etc. I also couldn't give 2 hoots about out 'community projects' or indoor football pitches. All windrow dressing deflecting attention away from the main focus......whats happening on the pitch!

IWasThere2016
03-02-2020, 11:02 AM

Brilliant :greengrin

H18S NX
03-02-2020, 11:03 AM
To be honest,i have totally lost interest,just like wee Ron it seems,I never really took to him after the "pony up" statement.

Diclonius
03-02-2020, 11:05 AM
Well, at least we didn't lose at home to an Aberdeen team with a six man defence this season. Yet.

Caversham Green
03-02-2020, 11:16 AM
In the real world, he owns the club - he can do what he wants - he doesn't have to tell the fans anything.

He only owns two thirds of the club. He (or more accurately the board) has a duty to let the other shareholders what the future plans are.

DarlingtonHibee
03-02-2020, 11:17 AM

Meh to the plans.

100% agree from the pool bar mate

Speedway
03-02-2020, 11:24 AM
A winning team, makes us forget everything else. We're clearly not skint and so all I want to know is how we're going to remain competitive with the sheep and the yam.

Steve20
03-02-2020, 11:35 AM
I'm with you.

Our January signings, McGinn apart, are loans until the end of the season. There's no long term plan here. Just patch up the mess from the first half. So unless we're willing to push the boat out in the summer, because the defence as well as the loan players will need replaced, we're going to be struggling to keep up with the likes of Aberdeen etc.

We didn't get Nisbet. Easy to say we made such bids when the player hasn't arrived. We should be pushing the boat out on such players to show at least a tiny bit of ambition.

Ron Gordon can spend his money on whatever he wants, it's his. But I'd still like to know if the transfer budget isn't going up from the previous regime to improve the team on the pitch, what is he wanting with a mid table Scottish Football club????

IWasThere2016
03-02-2020, 11:49 AM
A winning team, makes us forget everything else. We're clearly not skint and so all I want to know is how we're going to remain competitive with the sheep and the yam.

This. Anything outside Top 6 is failing IMHO.

Speedway
03-02-2020, 11:50 AM
Our January signings, McGinn apart, are loans until the end of the season. There's no long term plan here. Just patch up the mess from the first half. So unless we're willing to push the boat out in the summer, because the defence as well as the loan players will need replaced, we're going to be struggling to keep up with the likes of Aberdeen etc.

We didn't get Nisbet. Easy to say we made such bids when the player hasn't arrived. We should be pushing the boat out on such players to show at least a tiny bit of ambition.

Ron Gordon can spend his money on whatever he wants, it's his. But I'd still like to know if the transfer budget isn't going up from the previous regime to improve the team on the pitch, what is he wanting with a mid table Scottish Football club????

We tried the long term plan 8 months ago, handing out 3 year deals like sweeties. It failed miserably.

It’s easy to see why we’re doing short term deals until the summer.

SquashedFrogg
03-02-2020, 11:50 AM

How do you know there's no long term plan? Maybe we are aiming to try make a few of these loans perm in the summer?

Loans are what the vast majority of deals are in Jan for everyone. They allow us to get players in who would otherwise be outwith our budget. This for me, can only be a good thing.

And we never know, perhaps it helps encourage some of these players to want to stay longer.

As for 'pushing the boat out', I'd rather we negotiated with some form of sensibility. Dunfermline clearly didn't want to sell so it seems wrong to pay over the odds for him.

Peevemor
03-02-2020, 11:57 AM

There were strong rumours that we tried to get McNulty on a permanent too. Do you accept that Hibs can't keep signing players on 2-3 year deals without first moving people on?

Eh? That's some twisted logic.

Hibs bidding £300-400k for a player is us pushing the boat out. If you disagree then you'll never be pleased.

But it is. Or do you prefer to ingnore that for the sake of a dig at the club?

Stanton Spence
03-02-2020, 12:10 PM
How do you know there's no long term plan? Maybe we are aiming to try make a few of these loans perm in the summer?

Loans are what the vast majority of deals are in Jan for everyone. They allow us to get players in who would otherwise be outwith our budget. This for me, can only be a good thing.

And we never know, perhaps it helps encourage some of these players to want to stay longer.

As for 'pushing the boat out', I'd rather we negotiated with some form of sensibility. Dunfermline clearly didn't want to sell so it seems wrong to pay over the odds for him.I wonder if hibs tried to sign Nisbet and allow him to stay at dunfermline on loan until the end of the season? I would have been happy enough with that type of deal and that along with a big sell on clause but not as much as the 50% (allegedly)
I really hope we go back in for Nisbet in the summer but if he keeps scoring at the rate he is then I fear he will be out of our price range.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

SquashedFrogg
03-02-2020, 12:13 PM
I wonder if hibs tried to sign Nisbet and allow him to stay at dunfermline on loan until the end of the season? I would have been happy enough with that type of deal and that along with a big sell on clause but not as much as the 50% (allegedly)
I really hope we go back in for Nisbet in the summer but if he keeps scoring at the rate he is then I fear he will be out of our price range.

Unforunately for us I think you're last sentence explains why Dunfermline held onto him.

And I can understand their logic tbf.

Stuart93
03-02-2020, 12:19 PM
Just want to hear his vision moving the team forward he touched on it when he first came in

Think KP had said to expect this around about now

I’m not worried about RG’s takeover at all and think he will have a good plan in place to take the club forward.

Stanton Spence
03-02-2020, 12:26 PM
Unforunately for us I think you're last sentence explains why Dunfermline held onto him.

And I can understand their logic tbf.I really hope Nisbet doesn't pull a hammy or do a knee in keeping him out for a good while. He's flying at the moment and that would be a travesty [emoji12]

Keith_M
03-02-2020, 12:34 PM

Meh to the plans.

I'm actually not too fussed myself, but I think people are now expecting him to follow up on his promise to reveal his plans for the club.

At least one other poster has said they wouldn't have been too bothered if it weren't for the fact he said he was going to announce something.

CMurdoch
03-02-2020, 12:53 PM
How to improve income growth - e.g. sponsorship, club shop, sweating the assets by improving function/conference facilities
Infrastructure projects
Possible tie-up with MLS club
Stadium naming rights
"Match day experience"

With the transfer window out the way the AGM will be announced very shortly.
At the AGM RG will lay out his short and medium term plans.

The big announcement will be the building of the indoor training facility and all the chat that goes along with it about growing the academy, providing a state of the art facility the first team and helping to sell the club to possible incoming players.

The wee announcements will be replacement of PA system etc.
There will be some wooly chat about improving the match day experience, community engagement etc.

As GG says above there will be loads of plans and chat about income growth.
What there won't be is plans for a significant increase in the playing budget which will upset the dreamers, frothers etc.
The realists will probably accept it as what they were expecting i.e. Ron Gordon seeking to increase the value of the club and thus his investment.

There will be no surprises.

SquashedFrogg
03-02-2020, 01:07 PM

The big announcement will be the building of the indoor training facility and all the chat that goes along with it about growing the academy, providing a state of the art facility the first team and helping to sell the club to possible incoming players.

There will be some wooly chat about improving the match day experience, community engagement etc.

What there won't be is plans for a significant increase in the playing budget which will upset the dreamers, frothers etc.
The rest of us will probably accept it as what we were expecting i.e. Ron Gordon seeking to increase the value of the club and thus his investment.

I think I'll probably avoid this place for a few days for this very point. It's not going to be pretty. :rolleyes:

KingPat4
03-02-2020, 01:11 PM
A new tannoy system would be good.

They could announce the end of the world was two minutes away and no one would know.

The 90+2
03-02-2020, 01:12 PM

They could announce the end of the world was two minutes away and no one would know.

That would probably be a good thing in all honesty :greengrin

The 90+2
03-02-2020, 01:16 PM

The rest of us will probably accept it as what we were expecting i.e. Ron Gordon seeking to increase the value of the club and thus his investment.

I don’t actually think there will be many upset if that is the announcement. Most are just wanting to know the plans in a bit more detail than been told and have a little bit more communication from the man that bought the club last summer. I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

We still properly don’t know why he bought us or what he plans to achieve and how he’s going to go about doing this.

I can live with similar wage budgets if there’s a plan in place to be able to compete financially with Aberdeen and hearts, considering we have a bigger and better stadium than both, with more fans through the gates then that should be very realistic.

KingPat4
03-02-2020, 01:17 PM
That would probably be a good thing in all honesty :greengrin

True.

Danderhall Hibs
03-02-2020, 01:23 PM
Whatever he says isn't going to be enough for many. The number of folk that are mentioning this makes me think that they think this is going to earth-shattering, so no matter what it is it won't be good enough.

It might be ambitious enough to be cast back up when/if it's not achieved; just like how the "pony up" comment is now frequently thrown around. That'd be good enough for some folk I reckon.

Centre Hawf
03-02-2020, 01:24 PM
I have to admit I'm not overly fussed about Ron's plans so to speak. I do find it all a bit strange that he took us on to begin with with no real ties to the club, so he must have SOMETHING he wants to do maybe to help his own business or whatever, that's what I'm more curious about.

But as far as plans for the football club itself goes I can't really see him being this guy to come in and allows us to start spending 10k a week on a player etc like Hearts and maybe Aberdeen are capable of doing with their owners/board.

I think the football department itself will be business as usual with maybe a bump in budget with whatever money we bring in profit wise from the more of cosmetic changes to the club that he might make on the whole "match day experience" and getting certain types of products available for average fans as well as the corporate business types, much in the way that maybe American sports teams do.

SaulGoodman
03-02-2020, 01:24 PM

“The following tone indicates that a *static* about to be broadcast. If you *fizz* *pop* *bzzt* direction of stewards and police officers.”
*Gentle farting noise*

CMurdoch
03-02-2020, 01:43 PM
I think I'll probably avoid this place for a few days for this very point. It's not going to be pretty. :rolleyes:

It's a shame because the team will continue to improve now we have the right manager. The team reached it's zenith at the end of 2017/18 season and was then dismantled due to the quality and ambition of the players who made up that team.

Heckenbottom and Lennon slowed the rebuild process and made little progress in 18 months. Lennon with poor signings and Heckenbottom with a bit of that and poor use of the players at his disposal. It cost us to pay them off and they left us with their signings. Ross has already made significant progress in reshaping the squad which he will continue in the summer.

As such the post 2017/18 rebuild is still in progress with Doidge, Newell, Hallberg and Jackson added last summer. Another 4 starters added this summer will get us closer to where we want to be.

I think we have had a decent transfer budget since returning to the SPFL and that might even increase slightly given the stability of the club financially. So long as we keep Ross and the budget is spent on the right players we will improve season on season fighting it out with Aberdeen and Hearts for 3rd with European football every year from season 2021/22.

Sadly that won't be enough for a lot of folk on here.

CockneyRebel
03-02-2020, 01:44 PM
I don’t actually think there will be many upset if that is the announcement. Most are just wanting to know the plans in a bit more detail than been told and have a little bit more communication from the man that bought the club last summer. I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

We still properly don’t know why he bought us or what he plans to achieve and how he’s going to go about doing this.

I can live with similar wage budgets if there’s a plan in place to be able to compete financially with Aberdeen and hearts, considering we have a bigger and better stadium than both, with more fans through the gates then that should be very realistic.

Thing is - if he is in for a quick quid and intends to do an Arthur Daley then he won't be broadcasting it at the AGM.

Andy74
03-02-2020, 01:47 PM
If it doesn’t involve hot dogs coming up to the seats I’m not interested.

madhatter
03-02-2020, 01:56 PM
Dont say "best of the rest" in first interviews if you aren't going to back that up with a very ambitious plan because Aberdeen and Hearts are going to break away from us especially considering our summer transfer windows - throwing money away.

This season has been extremely boring. Football is largely boring, atmosphere is non-existent, we're very unlikely to be challenging for anything again. Mid table looking like the norm now.

I expect plans to be "ambitious" as they've been touted, otherwise we'll be a standard mid table club that maybe wins a cup every 10-30 years (if lucky). Ambitious plans would then mean "status quo".

I'm eager to hear this plan as I'm in the belief that this will form the basis of where the club goes both in terms of stature and on field performance. I find it very strange we haven't heard anything yet. That's a year now isn't it?

Peevemor
03-02-2020, 01:59 PM
Dont say "best of the rest" in first interviews if you aren't going to back that up with a very ambitious plan because Aberdeen and Hearts are going to break away from us especially considering our summer transfer windows - throwing money away.

This season has been extremely boring. Football is largely boring, atmosphere is non-existent, we're very unlikely to be challenging for anything again. Mid table looking like the norm now.

I expect plans to be "ambitious" as they've been touted, otherwise we'll be a standard mid table club that maybe wins a cup every 10-30 years (if lucky). Ambitious plans would then mean "status quo".

I'm eager to hear this plan as I'm in the belief that this will form the basis of where the club goes both in terms of stature and on field performance. I find it very strange we haven't heard anything yet. That's a year now isn't it?

No. He bought the club in July.

GreenCastle
03-02-2020, 02:01 PM
This. Anything outside Top 6 is failing IMHO.

Outside top 4 with our resources is failing.

Livingston are above us !

It’s not acceptable and board waited too long to get rid of Hecky.

Golden Bear
03-02-2020, 02:05 PM

It doesn't always work out like that though ---------- just look at Leicester City.

Peevemor
03-02-2020, 02:08 PM

Even though there are 4 clubs with higher turnovers/bigger budgets?

I don't think they will be at the end of the season.

Probably, but a lot of folk wanted Doidge away at the same time. Sometimes it pays to give people the opportunity to turn things around.

CMurdoch
03-02-2020, 02:16 PM

In a nutshell Gordon is a business man and will be driven to increase the value of his investment. He isn't a Hibs supporter and has no connection with the community. My biggest worry is who he sells it to in 5 to 10 years time. My hope is that like Farmer (who didn't even like football) before him, the club gets into his system and he gets the bug.

The number of Americans with no connections who have rocked up and bought Scottish football clubs recently has been noteable. Dundee Utd and Dundee coming most readily to mind. They are here to make money. Why now? What was the trigger?

As for competing with our rivals:
Aberdeen's ace in the hole is that Cormack is an Aberdeen supporter. He has made his money and reputation elsewhere and is now driven to make his club the best it can be. Importantly not looking to make himself money. However, there is the small matter of building a new stadium.

Hearts advantage over us is the £1.2 million their supporters put in each year which dwarfs the £200k Hibs supporters put in through HSL. I could see their contributions falling back to £1 million a year from next season and the external benefactors may well dry up as well. Accordingly I can't see them having significantly more to spend than us in the short term especially given the likes of Berra and Damour will need to be payed handsomely for a good while whilst contributing nothing to their team.

southern hibby
03-02-2020, 02:25 PM
Let’s be honest..... Hibs offered between £350-£400 grand on a player and that shows commitment especially if its leaked and we don’t get him as now teams know we have a budget.

Alternatively what if Hibs offered this money and wanted to pay over so many instalments which may have happened? When it comes to negotiations very few of us actually know what’s offered.

To me it’s a good thing we don’t know as most football fans would have the budget spent on one or two players and not consider the bigger picture ( probably me too cause I’m a stubborn tw8t and if I want it I go for it ). I’m Gutted we never got him but how much can we afford to take on a gamble?

There are many parts of our team that needs addressed and as much as I spout on about this that and we should try whatever I’m glad as hell im not making the decisions as most on here never mind twitter bounce etc etc can’t agree on anything and trying to make certain Hibs fans happy is a hard job.

GGTTH.

GreenCastle
03-02-2020, 02:28 PM
It doesn't always work out like that though ---------- just look at Leicester City.

Yes ok - but Hibs are in the top 4 / 5 biggest clubs in Scotland.

We have been failing for too long - top 6 should never be our minimum ambition.

CMurdoch
03-02-2020, 02:30 PM
Yes ok - but Hibs are in the top 4 / 5 biggest clubs in Scotland.

We have been failing for too long - top 6 should never be our minimum ambition.

Top 5 should be our minimum ambition :wink: and we should just about achieve that this season despite being as bad as was probably possible with our resources.
Next season will see an improvement with a good manager and an additional 4 new starters.

neil7908
03-02-2020, 03:02 PM
Absolutely critical is income maximisation. That's the only way we will grow and compete. Hearts and Aberdeen are out spending us and if we want to keep up or better them we need to increase our income.

It's clear to me from our activity this summer and January that the club are spending more on the first team which is great. But that needs to increase further and be part of our yearly budget, not just to undo Hecky's damage.

I'd also like to understand more about why Ron has bought us and what his genuine ambition is for the club. I think without a thorough discussion on that many fans will be left with question marks that will ultimately give way to criticism when the team has a bad spell.

More emphasis on youth as well - we need more development players to make the step up to the first team. Ryan looks very promising but we haven't had anyone else break into the team that looks a real player in a very long time.

KingPat4
03-02-2020, 03:05 PM
“The following tone indicates that a *static* about to be broadcast. If you *fizz* *pop* *bzzt* direction of stewards and police officers.”
*Gentle farting noise*

Actually.....,

Perhaps it's not the tannoy system at fault.

Could be they just play random John Peel sessions from the eighties

:hmmm:

The 90+2
03-02-2020, 03:25 PM
In a nutshell Gordon is a business man and will be driven to increase the value of his investment. He isn't a Hibs supporter and has no connection with the community. My biggest worry is who he sells it to in 5 to 10 years time. My hope is that like Farmer (who didn't even like football) before him, the club gets into his system and he gets the bug.

The number of Americans with no connections who have rocked up and bought Scottish football clubs recently has been noteable. Dundee Utd and Dundee coming most readily to mind. They are here to make money. Why now? What was the trigger?

As for competing with our rivals:
Aberdeen's ace in the hole is that Cormack is an Aberdeen supporter. He has made his money and reputation elsewhere and is now driven to make his club the best it can be. Importantly not looking to make himself money. However, there is the small matter of building a new stadium.

Hearts advantage over us is the £1.2 million their supporters put in each year which dwarfs the £200k Hibs supporters put in through HSL. I could see their contributions falling back to £1 million a year from next season and the external benefactors may well dry up as well. Accordingly I can't see them having significantly more to spend than us in the short term especially given the likes of Berra and Damour will need to be payed handsomely for a good while whilst contributing nothing to their team.

All true. He did say he has ambitions to be the third best/biggest club in the country though and he would have said that knowing the financial clout Aberdeen has because of their owner and hearts federation of hearts. There must be a master plan somewhere or maybe I’m just hoping there is so at least he should be me out my misery :greengrin

madhatter
03-02-2020, 04:01 PM
No. He bought the club in July.

Close enough considering he would've been chatting to the club well before the takeover. I'm happy to wait but unfortunately the wait cultivates expectation. I just hope a long wait doesn't end in disappointment.

basehibby
03-02-2020, 04:55 PM
Transfer window is closed and we are paper thin up front. Fair enough we tried to sign an exciting young prospect to strengthen that position - but ultimately we failed - whatever Dunfermline were asking we refused to "pony up".

Our main realistic aim for the season is the cup and although we have a decent starting eleven, we are but a couple of injuries away from relying on kids to score our goals for us.

So what's the plan then Ron? Do you care or are you settling for mediocrity??? If, as you suggested in an earlier comment, you want us fans to "pony up" additional funds then how exactly do you propose that we should do so now that the main incentive for doing so via HSL has been removed? These are questions that we deserve an answer to. We all want to see a successful Hibernian FC and I see a lot of energy coursing through the club to deliver that objective - but from the top? Nothing! Time to provide some direction Ron - we are waiting ....

ekhibee
03-02-2020, 05:05 PM
I wasnt really expecting much in the January window tbh, but I would hope that more funds will be available in the summer. Not really interested in infrastructure these days, just want to see good Hibs players playing good football. And if that costs a wee bit more then I would like to think he would make the appropriate funds available. If not I don't really see what he's doing at Hibs in the first place.

Hibbyradge
03-02-2020, 05:08 PM
Transfer window is closed and we are paper thin up front. Fair enough we tried to sign an exciting young prospect to strengthen that position - but ultimately we failed - whatever Dunfermline were asking we refused to "pony up".

Our main realistic aim for the season is the cup and although we have a decent starting eleven, we are but a couple of injuries away from relying on kids to score our goals for us.

So what's the plan then Ron? Do you care or are you settling for mediocrity??? If, as you suggested in an earlier comment, you want us fans to "pony up" additional funds then how exactly do you propose that we should do so now that the main incentive for doing so via HSL has been removed? These are questions that we deserve an answer to. We all want to see a successful Hibernian FC and I see a lot of energy coursing through the club to deliver that objective - but from the top? Nothing! Time to provide some direction Ron - we are waiting ....

Dunfermline weren't asking for any amount.

They said that the player wasn't going anywhere this window.

Like we will have done with Boyle.

Andy74
03-02-2020, 05:26 PM

The constant repeating of the 'pony up' phrase is pathetic.

The words have been second hand and out of context.

I'm not sure what there is to be gained by having such a hostile response to someone who has so far come in and handed over a large amount of money to clear the debt.

Why should we expect him to do anything over and above running the club within its means? I'm hopeful he has plans to help us create more income but I'm not going to be expecting anyone to put significant sums of their own money in.

Mikey
03-02-2020, 05:31 PM

He certainly won't have meant it in the context that it's repeatedly thrown back at him.

04Sauzee
03-02-2020, 05:39 PM

I'm not sure what there is to be gained by having such a hostile response to someone who has so far come in and handed over a large amount of money to clear the debt.

Why should we expect him to do anything over and above running the club within its means? I'm hopeful he has plans to help us create more income but I'm not going to be expecting anyone to put significant sums of their own money in.

Glad it's not just me that's getting tired with tje phrase 'pony up'

Viva_Palmeiras
03-02-2020, 06:08 PM
He certainly won't have meant it in the context that it's repeatedly thrown back at him.

I don’t normally hit the react button so I checked at the time he did use the phrase - BaldyFoghorn confirmed it was a direct quote.

SouthernHibee notes “For anyone interested I Just google American meaning for the phrase ‘Pony Up’ comes back with pay up or to settle what you owe”

Probably worth a clarification and Ronaldo (come on hes from Peru!) seems to be sharp enough to pick up on things (like the invisible man) so “pony up” I’d imagine will get cleared up.

DarlingtonHibee
03-02-2020, 06:15 PM
Glad it's not just me that's getting tired with tje phrase 'pony up'

Agreed, it's all a bit pathetic, but hey we have so many experts on here running a professional football team 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

CapitalGreen
03-02-2020, 07:06 PM
For 20 odd years fans were saying STF should write off our debt - Ron Gordon cleared it on day 1.

For 20 odd years fans were saying STF should give the club money to spend on players - RG injected circa £1m cash into the club on day - 1 saying it could be spent as desired - in the summer we paid fees for Doidge and James and in Jan we saw the club pay cash for McGinn and offer around £400k for a young talent.

For 40 odd years we have flip flopped between success and mediocrity, seemingly with little in the way of a long term plan often only staying solvent due to player and land sales. In the grand schemes of things is waiting a month or two to hear the finalised plan a big deal?

The 90+2
03-02-2020, 07:15 PM
For 20 odd years fans were saying STF should write off our debt - Ron Gordon cleared it on day 1.

For 20 odd years fans were saying STF should give the club money to spend on players - RG injected circa £1m cash into the club on day - 1 saying it could be spent as desired - in the summer we paid fees for Doidge and James and in Jan we saw the club pay cash for McGinn and offer around £400k for a young talent.

For 40 odd years we have flip flopped between success and mediocrity, seemingly with little in the way of a long term plan often only staying solvent due to player and land sales. In the grand schemes of things is waiting a month or two to hear the finalised plan a big deal?

Not true. Sir Tom let us off with loads of debt, he also took over the debt from banks and gave us a favourable repayment rate, he also erm saved the club from oblivion. He also loaned us money during that time to build part of the stadium and training ground.

Ron Gordon bought the club and as part of the conditions of doing so he payed off money due to the former owner of the club. It was for interests in purchasing STF shares.

Where’s this £1m? Is there any evidence after that he’s put his own money into the club to fund the first team? The money spent on VN and other wages was surely funded by John McGinn money and record after record season ticket sales?

Now I’m not saying he’s like the monorail guy from the Simpsons but I can’t give him much false credit because there’s no evidence of him contributing anything to the club for the clubs main interests.

CapitalGreen
03-02-2020, 07:20 PM
Not true. Sir Tom let us off with loads of debt, he also took over the debt from banks and gave us a favourable repayment rate, he also erm saved the club from oblivion. He also loaned us money during that time to build part of the stadium and training ground.

I didn’t say he didn’t do any of that, my point was that there were still plenty of fans who said he should clear our whole debt and complained about us having to repay him.

Ron Gordon bought the club and as part of the conditions of doing so he payed off money due to the former owner of the club. It was for interests in purchasing STF shares.

Not sure what you mean by this. There was nothing to stop him borrowing to pay off STF and then transferring that debt to the club (like the Glazers at Man Utd for example). He didn’t and ensured we are debt free going forward.

Where’s this £1m? Is there any evidence after that he’s put his own money into the club to fund the first team?

Yes, the information is available on Companies house. He paid a premium on the newly issued shares.

Ronniekirk
03-02-2020, 07:38 PM
I would just like a statement from the Club that confirms they are working go to have an A G M in what ever month they are planning
If there are reasons they can’t do this then a brief explanation why not and an estimated time frame for when it will be held
A vacuum just cases speculation
It does the new Owner no favours just to ignore the fact it is later than normal and later than when we were told it would be ie by end of January
What are the Fans reps saying on this issue ? May have missed this
If we are to pull together going forward and if we are to be asked to put in more money ? , then we need to know what his Plan and Vision is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Power
03-02-2020, 07:53 PM
I would just like a statement from the Club that confirms they are working go to have an A G M in what ever month they are planning
If there are reasons they can’t do this then a brief explanation why not and an estimated time frame for when it will be held
A vacuum just cases speculation
It does the new Owner no favours just to ignore the fact it is later than normal and later than when we were told it would be ie by end of January
What are the Fans reps saying on this issue ? May have missed this
If we are to pull together going forward and if we are to be asked to put in more money ? , then we need to know what his Plan and Vision is

Nae concerns in this space. Mentioned in my update posted at the weekend that there was lots of good conversation on this - AGM, HSL, strategic plans, club vision, club improvements. That needs a thorough joined up communication plan and I’ve seen all involved in that working hard to bring it together. AGM notifications will be with us by the next time I fire an update out - these have been monthly.

Ronniekirk
03-02-2020, 07:56 PM
Nae concerns in this space. Mentioned in my update posted at the weekend that there was lots of good conversation on this - AGM, HSL, strategic plans, club vision, club improvements. That needs a thorough joined up communication plan and I’ve seen all involved in that working hard to bring it together. AGM notifications will be with us by the next time I fire an update out - these have been monthly.

Cheers mate Had e mailed you separately on this issue I . must be missing your monthly updates somehow .
Apologies and good to hear this is all in hand

Power
03-02-2020, 08:08 PM
Cheers mate Had e mailed you separately on this issue I . must be missing your monthly updates somehow .
Apologies and good to hear this is all in hand

Responded to your email to R ✅

Plan to start sticking updates here - www.tinyurl.com/u6hxfzo

HendoDelivered
03-02-2020, 09:35 PM
Anyone know when the AGM is?

Ronniekirk
03-02-2020, 09:40 PM
Anyone know when the AGM is?

See K Ps post above and his link It will be in his next update later this month so it’s not going to be in the next 2 to 3 weeks but sounds like there is lots of good work going on to pull things together

Speedway
04-02-2020, 07:23 AM

Where’s this £1m? Is there any evidence after that he’s put his own money into the club to fund the first team? The money spent on VN and other wages was surely funded by John McGinn money and record after record season ticket sales?

Now I’m not saying he’s like the monorail guy from the Simpsons but I can’t give him much false credit because there’s no evidence of him contributing anything to the club for the clubs main interests.

He’s put more money in, in six months than you and I have in our combined lifetimes.

Brightside
04-02-2020, 07:24 AM
The ladies section of the Foundation continues to be rudderless. If it doesnt change quickly it’s going to be nothing more than a recreational shirt filling exercise. There is zero drive to go out and ensure the best talent is coming to the club anymore.
Leadership in all areas of the clubs needs to be seen and heard. We continually hear about changes in the background. Well those changes aren’t making any difference in the shop floor.

basehibby
04-02-2020, 08:33 AM

It was Ron G that said it - in the perfectly clear context of wanting fans to cough up additional funds to cover new infrastructure projects. I myself thought it was a clumsy and mildly irritating turn of phrase at the time but let it slide. He then removed the prime incentive for fans to "pony up" via HSL - ie purchase of shares in the club - without further announcement or explanation.

Since then ...... nothing .... silence. You may be happy with this state of affairs but, with Aberdeen and Hearts ploughing ahead with additional fan investment schemes while our own - HSL - stagnates as a direct consequence of RG's action, I am NOT! I have kept my powder dry but it's long since overdue time for Ron G to "pony up" with some information and leadership to take the club forward - on AND off the park.

Cataplana
04-02-2020, 08:38 AM

We will remain competitive with Hearts as long as they gave a Mickey Mouse board, and have to live within their means.

The Modfather
04-02-2020, 08:52 AM
We will remain competitive with Hearts as long as they gave a Mickey Mouse board, and have to live within their means.

Hearts won’t squander their bigger resources than us forever (although we can but hope). We need to be growing our revenue streams considerably if we have any mid-long term aspirations of consistently challenging for anything above 5th.

Cataplana
04-02-2020, 08:57 AM
Hearts won’t squander their bigger resources than us forever (although we can but hope). We need to be growing our revenue streams considerably if we have any mid-long term aspirations of consistently challenging for anything above 5th.

As far as Hearts are concerned, not staying up this year will continue their vicious spiral of getting worse season on season. I think they could be out of the mix for some time to come, and the infrastructure is crumbling.

I see a future of tray bakes, and face painting just to pay the leccy bill.

Gmack7
04-02-2020, 09:29 AM
I hope wee Ronnie has a few Stinking Rich American/Peruvian mates who want to pony up and come along for the ride.

hibbyfraelibby
04-02-2020, 09:45 AM
I hope wee Ronnie has a few Stinking Rich American/Peruvian mates who want to pony up and come along for the ride.

I believe one of his Peruvian mates has arrived at Paddington Station with a suitcase full of bread (and marmalade)

Hibbyradge
04-02-2020, 11:03 AM
I believe one of his Peruvian mates has arrived at Paddington Station with a suitcase full of bread (and marmalade)

I think that's just another hibs.net FACT.

Keith_M
04-02-2020, 11:12 AM

First up: the poster wasn't criticising STF, so no need to defend him.

RG didn't have to pay the outstanding money up front, the condition of sale was only that he could guarantee it would be paid.

RG got no extra shares from paying off the debt. He bought the club, then cleared the debt from his own pocket.

Unseen work
04-02-2020, 11:41 AM
He’s cleared 2.25 million of our dept plus added 1.25 million to the clubs account for guys like Dempster and Mathie to do as they see fit.

We can’t afford to spend like Hearts and Aberdeen so it’s Ron’s job to come up with ideas which can make us more Money from internal and external sources and making new partnerships.

We’re pushing our new partnership with Luke which I imagine is who our new strip sponsor will be with in the summer when our Macron one expires. Luke previously done smart kits for Aston Villa and have stores all over Britain which could see revenue expand.

Coming up with new ideas, promoting these to the board and then other businesses all takes time with us trying to get the best deal possible.

Add to the fact we’ve had to undergo a new management team within his first couple of months in charge that would have put a delay on things.

I’m very relaxed, we’re in the best position we have been financially for a while which shows when you see us bidding for Nisbet, Miller and McGinn. Also paid fees for Doidge and Middleton and I’m sure the wages we have for the guys we bought in the summer as well as the work to get Omeonga, McNulty and Docherty isn’t low

Brightside
04-02-2020, 12:07 PM
He’s cleared 2.25 million of our dept plus added 1.25 million to the clubs account for guys like Dempster and Mathie to do as they see fit.

We can’t afford to spend like Hearts and Aberdeen so it’s Ron’s job to come up with ideas which can make us more Money from internal and external sources and making new partnerships.

We’re pushing our new partnership with Luke which I imagine is who our new strip sponsor will be with in the summer when our Macron one expires. Luke previously done smart kits for Aston Villa and have stores all over Britain which could see revenue expand.

Coming up with new ideas, promoting these to the board and then other businesses all takes time with us trying to get the best deal possible.

Add to the fact we’ve had to undergo a new management team within his first couple of months in charge that would have put a delay on things.

I’m very relaxed, we’re in the best position we have been financially for a while which shows when you see us bidding for Nisbet, Miller and McGinn. Also paid fees for Doidge and Middleton and I’m sure the wages we have for the guys we bought in the summer as well as the work to get Omeonga, McNulty and Docherty isn’t low

Luke are a low rent clothing brand. I cannot believe there is chance we will be using them as shirt sponsor or manufacturer.

Unseen work
04-02-2020, 12:11 PM
Luke are a low rent clothing brand. I cannot believe there is chance we will be using them as shirt sponsor or manufacturer.

Maybe not, but Villa done it last season and it was well received by their fans.

Add to that our current partnership with them I think it has potential.

Caversham Green
04-02-2020, 12:25 PM
First up: the poster wasn't criticising STF, so no need to defend him.

RG didn't have to pay the outstanding money up front, the condition of sale was only that he could guarantee it would be paid.

RG got no extra shares from paying off the debt. He bought the club, then cleared the debt from his own pocket.

Ron bought two lots of new shares - 7,812,500 at 16p which gives us the £1.25m capital injection and 14,837,500 at 15.25p which equates to a bit over £2.26m and presumably that was used to pay off STF's debt. He will also have paid an unknown amount for HFC Holdings Ltd's shares.

SquashedFrogg
04-02-2020, 12:58 PM
Maybe not, but Villa done it last season and it was well received by their fans.

Add to that our current partnership with them I think it has potential.

Agree with this.

DarlingtonHibee
04-02-2020, 01:18 PM
Ron bought two lots of new shares - 7,812,500 at 16p which gives us the £1.25m capital injection and 14,837,500 at 15.25p which equates to a bit over £2.26m and presumably that was used to pay off STF's debt. He will also have paid an unknown amount for HFC Holdings Ltd's shares.
Great insight cg

04Sauzee
04-02-2020, 02:18 PM

I hadnt heard of the Luke clothing brand before thw Hibs partnership with them, as all things Hibs youbstart looking into things a bit deeper and it would appear the Villa fans love the Villa Luke kit amd and many would love to see them as the Kit manufacturer. I wouldn't be surprised to see them as out kit supplier next season.

Ronniekirk
04-02-2020, 04:01 PM

But currently they have anon donners and other funding That we don’t

Ronniekirk
04-02-2020, 04:02 PM

I remember seeing a post from Trump congratulating him ffs

WhileTheChief..
04-02-2020, 04:16 PM
Trump congratulated Ron for buying Hibs?

That's awesome man, where do I find that?

Hibbyradge
04-02-2020, 04:46 PM
Trump congratulated Ron for buying Hibs?

That's awesome man, where do I find that?

Whoosh

NAE NOOKIE
04-02-2020, 11:57 PM
Its the 5th of February

The 90+2
05-02-2020, 12:25 AM
Its the 5th of February

https://youtu.be/273eSvOwpKk