PDA

View Full Version : Livi

G B Young
02-02-2020, 01:01 PM
Five straight home wins after beating Well yesterday and looking very comfortable in the top six (they have almost double the points of the big-spending Yams at the foot of the table). I've never had much time for them and I know they gain a a signficant advantage by playing regularly on that awful pitch but they deserve credit for punching so far above their weight.

I would hope that once our new signings are up to speed we can overhaul them but at present they're going great guns.

-Jonesy-
02-02-2020, 01:05 PM
Marvin Bartley has made them who they are this season 😭

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2020, 01:09 PM
Fell away last season despite hysteria on here about them being better than us. Think it will happen again.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-02-2020, 01:36 PM
Fell away last season despite hysteria on here about them being better than us. Think it will happen again.

Apart from Barts and Dykes, I think that there would be outrage on here if signed the players that Holt has in that team.

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2020, 01:38 PM
Apart from Barts and Dykes, I think that there would be outrage on here if signed the players that Holt has in that team.

Indeed.

Its like Rafa Nadal on Clay vs Grass. He is exceptional on Clay (like Livi at home) but not as good on grass (obviously still an all time great player)

Livi have a disgusting advantage that really shouldn't be allowed.

where'stheslope
02-02-2020, 01:41 PM
I would say they are an improving team, all be it slowly!
They seem to have a way of playing to their strength, and its up to others to work out how to stop them!
Think back when they 1st came up, it was an easy 12 points a season???
What does everyone think now???

greenlex
02-02-2020, 02:05 PM
Still only conceded 5 goals at the spaghettihad all season. Quite incredible.

king stanton
02-02-2020, 02:09 PM
Still only conceded 5 goals at the spaghettihad all season. Quite incredible.

They haven’t won many if any on grass the last poster is correct massive advantage playing on plastic for them

Hibeesmad
02-02-2020, 03:23 PM
Dark horses for the Scottish Cup 😉

B.H.F.C
02-02-2020, 03:26 PM

Only if they get to play the semi final and final at home.

cabbageandribs1875
02-02-2020, 03:49 PM
Only if they get to play the semi final and final at home.

because they've never won a final on grass

Hibee Mac
02-02-2020, 04:07 PM
They get a huge advantage by playing on that disgrace of a pitch every second week.

Honestly let's not get carried away heaping praise on a team who actively go out of their way to turn games of football into rugby on a plastic pitch.

greenlex
02-02-2020, 04:25 PM
They get a huge advantage by playing on that disgrace of a pitch every second week.

Honestly let's not get carried away heaping praise on a team who actively go out of their way to turn games of football into rugby on a plastic pitch.
I think you do them an injustice. There is absolutely no doubt the pitch is a huge advantage and probably worth minimum 9 points a season but they can play a bit too.

CloudSquall
02-02-2020, 04:27 PM

Thanks for the flashbacks of Fernandez ripping us a new one :(

Jones28
02-02-2020, 04:28 PM

They play decent football.

Lago
02-02-2020, 05:34 PM
Marvin Bartley has made them who they are this season ��
Garry Holt is proving to be an excellent manager.

Watching sportscene & never seen so many empty seats does anyone pay to go there?

Bronson
02-02-2020, 06:25 PM
I’d heard a while back David Martindale is the brains behind livi’s success. Bit of a sketchy guy by all accounts but seems to know what he’s doing if true.

Would take scott pittman at us, underrated player. Also think we should look at steve lawson at right back, thought he absolutely strolled it against us in December.

The Captain....
02-02-2020, 07:03 PM
Considering their budget they recruit very cannily..some decent footballers in that side.

Just watched the highlights of the 'Well game on Sportscene and but for some fine saves by the Motherwell keeper they could have given them a thrashing.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk