PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: TICKET UPDATE | BSC GLASGOW (A)

RSS Bot
02-02-2020, 08:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10535)

Carheenlea
02-02-2020, 08:05 AM
Special delivery only if you need them sent out? At £7.50 that makes tickets the thick end of £30. Might just settle for telly.

Sir David Gray
02-02-2020, 08:13 AM
No wheelchair tickets for this game? :confused:

Diclonius
02-02-2020, 08:44 AM
So if you don't live in Edinburgh then there's basically an added charge. Great.

Power
02-02-2020, 08:55 AM
So if you don't live in Edinburgh then there's basically an added charge. Great.

Difficult given the short notice and priority to get them to supporters securely ahead of the game.

I’m Happy to support with collection and bring on the day ✅

Carheenlea
02-02-2020, 09:00 AM
Difficult given the short notice and priority to get them to supporters securely ahead of the game.

That’s a fantastic offer, but one you could get overwhelmed with!

I’m thinking of trying to rustle up enough interest with our local group and absorb the cost by buying the maximum 4. Doesn’t make it so expensive doing it that way.

DH1875
02-02-2020, 09:04 AM
No wheelchair tickets for this game? :confused:

It says to phone or email the club regarding disability tickets for this game.

Sir David Gray
02-02-2020, 09:22 AM
It says to phone or email the club regarding disability tickets for this game.

Yeah I always do phone them (although getting through on the "dedicated" disabled hotline isn't always a simple task.) It doesn't explain why the pricing isn't advertised along with the rest of the tickets.

That message about phoning or emailing them is on there for every game but they usually supply prices.

Do Hibs not yet know the cost of wheelchair tickets for this game?

If not, why not?

j'adorehibs
02-02-2020, 09:48 AM
That’s a fantastic offer, but one you could get overwhelmed with!

I’m thinking of trying to rustle up enough interest with our local group and absorb the cost by buying the maximum 4. Doesn’t make it so expensive doing it that way.

or come with us carhenlea, assuming we get tickets? your in our ticket network so we have three individuals to attempt for tickets and we can collect fro ticket office. have you my kids in your network?

j'adorehibs
02-02-2020, 09:50 AM
or come with us carhenlea, assuming we get tickets? your in our ticket network so we have three individuals to attempt for tickets and we can collect fro ticket office. have you my kids in your network?

ignore that, max 4 per purchase!! sorry

Steven79
02-02-2020, 10:05 AM
They didn't charge for special delivery for the home end just 70 pence for postage.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
02-02-2020, 01:40 PM

Yet BSC have been selling tickets since last Wednesday. Hibs should have received them and had them on sale long before now.

Billy Whizz
02-02-2020, 01:40 PM
Yet BSC have been selling tickets since last Wednesday. Hibs should have had them on sale long before now.

It’s not Hibs fault if BSC can’t get them to us

Jonnyboy
02-02-2020, 01:46 PM
Yet BSC have been selling tickets since last Wednesday. Hibs should have received them and had them on sale long before now.

Aye let’s blame Hibs for BSC not sending the tickets sooner

Hermit Crab
02-02-2020, 01:48 PM
Aye let’s blame Hibs for BSC not sending the tickets sooner

Read the last sentence again, I'm not blaming Hibs. Now fans who can't collect are getting stung for an extra £7.50 because BSC never got the finger out.

Hermit Crab
02-02-2020, 01:49 PM
It’s not Hibs fault if BSC can’t get them to us

I never said it was.

OstKurve Hibs
02-02-2020, 01:53 PM
There should be an option to collect them at the stadium on the day, £7.50 is scandalous, surely cant cost that to send an envelope special delivery, are hibs trying to make money on the postage fee ?

Hermit Crab
02-02-2020, 01:55 PM
There should be an option to collect them at the stadium on the day, £7.50 is scandalous, surely cant cost that to send an envelope special delivery, are hibs trying to make money on the postage fee ?

AFAIK recorded next day special delivery is £6.50.

JOD
02-02-2020, 02:12 PM
There is some tickets on BSC website no colours and sit on yer hands just saying 🏆

Hermit Crab
02-02-2020, 02:16 PM
There is some tickets on BSC website no colours and sit on yer hands just saying 🏆

Seating sold out and they only have 155 terrace tickets left.

Steven79
02-02-2020, 02:25 PM
There is some tickets on BSC website no colours and sit on yer hands just saying [emoji471]Will be a fair few Hibs fans in the home end I imagine.

Albanian Hibs
02-02-2020, 02:45 PM
Will be a fair few Hibs fans in the home end I imagine.

If I can’t get tickets then I will be buying for the home end

Hermit Crab
02-02-2020, 05:46 PM
If I can’t get tickets then I will be buying for the home end

You had better be quick as theres only 150 left.

Steven79
02-02-2020, 05:50 PM
If I can’t get tickets then I will be buying for the home endI took no chances and purchased them last week for the home end.

Looks like it will work out cheaper as well.

Keith_M
02-02-2020, 06:05 PM
Thirty quid to go and watch a bunch of amateurs?

danhibees1875
02-02-2020, 06:08 PM
Thirty quid to go and watch a bunch of amateurs?

And a chance to see BSC as well.

et_hibby
02-02-2020, 06:12 PM

Haha

Keith_M
02-02-2020, 07:41 PM

Fair enough.

:greengrin

Lago
02-02-2020, 07:53 PM
Fair enough.

:greengrin
Think before you type 🤔

Keith_M
02-02-2020, 07:55 PM
Think before you type 🤔

:tumble:

Tarrahib
04-02-2020, 08:03 AM
There are still terracing tickets available this morning.

Carheenlea
04-02-2020, 08:40 AM
There are still terracing tickets available this morning.

Surprised at this.

A Sunday Noon KO and live on TV? A (what should be) competitive mismatch? £7.50 postage?

Surely can’t be too many left.

j'adorehibs
04-02-2020, 12:09 PM
Surprised at this. A Sunday Noon KO and live on TV? A (what should be) competitive mismatch? £7.50 postage? Surely can’t be too many left.especially with all the hoo haaa about game being held at Alloa and limited tickets being available, folk talking about loyalty points and those who were at utd away getting first dibs etc etc should have moved it to murrayfiled to accommodate us all

CB_NO3
04-02-2020, 12:12 PM
Safe to say scrapping the loyalty points made sense from a Hibs perspective. Struggled to sell out Ibrox, never sold out Parkhead, taking time to sell out this.

Steven79
04-02-2020, 12:13 PM
Safe to say scrapping the loyalty points made sense from a Hibs perspective. Struggled to sell out Ibrox, never sold out Parkhead, taking time to sell out this.With the timescale to sell tickets loyalty points would have just got in the way.

DH1875
04-02-2020, 12:41 PM
And to think, folk moaning and wanting this game moved lol. Really hope it puts an end to the whole loyalty points debacle too. We don't need them.

B.H.F.C
04-02-2020, 12:46 PM
And to think, folk moaning and wanting this game moved lol. Really hope it puts an end to the whole loyalty points debacle too. We don't need them.

Does this not demonstrate that they are required? Folk who go when demand is low are then looked after when demand is high?

Carheenlea
04-02-2020, 01:35 PM
Does this not demonstrate that they are required? Folk who go when demand is low are then looked after when demand is high?

Bang on :agree:

ABZHFC
04-02-2020, 01:39 PM
Safe to say scrapping the loyalty points made sense from a Hibs perspective. Struggled to sell out Ibrox, never sold out Parkhead, taking time to sell out this.

This proves the opposite.

The ones who go to all these unfashionable games should get first dibs at the most glamorous, such as Ibrox, Tynecastle and Parkhead. That's precisely our point

Hibeewilly
04-02-2020, 01:47 PM
Absolutely:agree:

Wheat Hound
04-02-2020, 01:56 PM

Absolutely 👍

CB_NO3
04-02-2020, 02:10 PM
This proves the opposite.

The ones who go to all these unfashionable games should get first dibs at the most glamorous, such as Ibrox, Tynecastle and Parkhead. That's precisely our point

Get your point but it takes time, effort and money to administrate. A lot of hassle for a club who sells out 2 to 3 games a season.

There was also the counter argument that folk would not buy a season ticket if they could not guarantee at least the chance to get a ticket for an away game because over time the top say 3000 will always get the important tickets.

I know a few Hearts fans that buy tickets for away games who have no intention of going just so they can accumulate enough points for Hibs away so sort of defeats the purpose.

Can never please everyone I suppose.

Hermit Crab
04-02-2020, 04:01 PM

Nah, it proves we need them because if this was Hearts away then there wouldn't be a sniff of a ticket today as they would have sold out yesterday.

A very very winnable Scottish cup away game with a fairly low ticket allocation going to a general sale when we have 13k ST holders... how times have changed.

DaveF
04-02-2020, 04:09 PM
Nah, it proves we need them because if this was Hearts away then there wouldn't be a sniff of a ticket today as they would have sold out yesterday.

A very very winnable Scottish cup away game with a fairly low ticket allocation going to a general sale when we have 13k ST holders... how times have changed.

TV has ruined this one for me. I would have been trying for a ticket but the move to Sunday at midday renders me out of this one. I would imagine a good number of others probably in the same boat too.

DH1875
04-02-2020, 04:11 PM
We haven't sold out Ibrox and didn't sell out Celtic either. Forget loyalty points, don't need them. What I do think is unfair is that these games don't go to general sale anymore when ST holders don't take the up take. Tickets still available for tomorrow but not to non ST holders. Guys who don't have ST but go to say 20 games a season should have option to buy tickets if ST holders don't want them.

Hermit Crab
04-02-2020, 04:13 PM
TV has ruined this one for me. I would have been trying for a ticket but the move to Sunday at midday renders me out of this one. I would imagine a good number of others probably in the same boat too.

Thats a fair point but 3200 travelled to Dundee for a Sunday 3pm kick off that was on tv. We would have still expected this to sell out long before a general sale given our ST numbers.

Hermit Crab
04-02-2020, 04:15 PM
We haven't sold out Ibrox and didn't sell out Celtic either. Forget loyalty points, don't need them. What I do think is unfair is that these games don't go to general sale anymore when ST holders don't take the up take. Tickets still available for tomorrow but not to non ST holders. Guys who don't have ST but go to say 20 games a season should have option to buy tickets if ST holders don't want them.

Thats something I can't work out. No idea why Hibs do this. Maybe the fans rep could answer that one.

Antifa Hibs
04-02-2020, 04:21 PM
To think some people on here wanted it moved so us and Glasgow could have a bigger allocations - both still have stacks of tickets left too. Even funnier is some people on here think we should be getting half the Broamloan at Ibrox :faf:

greenlex
04-02-2020, 05:01 PM
Thats a fair point but 3200 travelled to Dundee for a Sunday 3pm kick off that was on tv. We would have still expected this to sell out long before a general sale given our ST numbers.

We hadn’t had a Hibs fix for weeks and it was against much better opposition therefore a much more desirable game. I’m sure that had a bearing. Were season ticket holders allowed multiple tickets for that game too? I agree we would have expected to sell out to season ticket holders on Sunday tho.

davhibby
04-02-2020, 05:06 PM
Anyone that’s looked at the forecast and has been to Alloa before will also know that there’s a good chance of being soaked through by 5 minutes in and sodden for the rest of the day

scooby
04-02-2020, 05:23 PM
Nothing to do with the fact the the majority of tickets are for uncovered standing areas of a ****** ground, with rain forecast. Why would anyone choose to watch it on tv 😜
Uber fans only for this one.

Carheenlea
04-02-2020, 05:39 PM
Nothing to do with the fact the the majority of tickets are for uncovered standing areas of a ****** ground, with rain forecast. Why would anyone choose to watch it on tv 😜

Ive got just the very thing in my wardrobe which I’ll dig out for Sunday. It’s a thing made out of a kind of waterproof material and has a loose bit at the top of the back you can pull up over your head. Think they’re called something like a coat? :greengrin

Hermit Crab
04-02-2020, 05:40 PM

Those who choose not to bother because of possible bad weather and watch it on tv will want tickets for the next round, semis and the final though eh?

brog
04-02-2020, 05:46 PM
We'll sell out. I suspect many people thought they had no chance of getting a ticket & didn't try initially.

MWHIBBIES
04-02-2020, 05:51 PM

We definitely do need loyalty points because Tynecastle is always a shambles. Your sample size is awful. There are probably 20 different games that needed loyalty points just since our promotion. Not selling out Ibrox on a Wednesday night is a horrendous example.

BS44
04-02-2020, 05:52 PM
Those who choose not to bother because of possible bad weather and watch it on tv will want tickets for the next round, semis and the final though eh?

I like your positivity, pal! :flag:

I've got myself a ticket but no luck getting my shift changed at the moment

Hermit Crab
04-02-2020, 06:06 PM
I like your positivity, pal! :flag:

I've got myself a ticket but no luck getting my shift changed at the moment

Ahh disaster mate, hopefully someone helps you out so you can make it. :aok:

Hermit Crab
04-02-2020, 06:07 PM
We'll sell out. I suspect many people thought they had no chance of getting a ticket & didn't try initially.

General sale tomorrow so hopefully we'll shift whats left.

Scouse Hibee
04-02-2020, 06:09 PM

Only if the ground is covered or good weather is guaranteed, otherwise count me out.

Keith_M
04-02-2020, 06:17 PM
There's a big difference in the attraction of going to watch us play a resurgent Dundee Utd at Tannadice ....compared to going to watch us play a fifth tier side, while either standing on an uncovered mud bank or sitting in an allegedly temporary Gazebo.

Despite that, they still have the nerve to charge twenty three quid plus a ridiculously high delivery charge.

The fact that it's already a near sell-out is actually quite amazing.

Hermit Crab
04-02-2020, 06:45 PM
There's a big difference in the attraction of going to watch us play a resurgent Dundee Utd at Tannadice ....compared to going to watch us play a fifth tier side, while either standing on an uncovered mud bank or sitting in an allegedly temporary Gazebo.

Despite that, they still have the nerve to charge twenty three quid plus a ridiculously high delivery charge.

Is it? Genuine question.

Keith_M
04-02-2020, 07:04 PM
Is it? Genuine question.

I was told that roughly 80% of our tickets have been sold. I'll see if I can get any more info, or a quote from somebody to confirm.

:aok:

oneone73
04-02-2020, 07:14 PM

It's £20?
Just speaking for myself, I wouldn't want to miss a Scottish Cup tie if I could help it. A ticket to be framed along with the two DU ones, quarter final, semi final and final ones when we lift the trophy in May.

Radium
04-02-2020, 07:17 PM
Anyone that’s looked at the forecast and has been to Alloa before will also know that there’s a good chance of being soaked through by 5 minutes in and sodden for the rest of the day

I have my ticket but am expecting the weather to make it feel like the Cowdenbeath game of a few years ago. [emoji3063][emoji97][emoji100]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
04-02-2020, 07:19 PM

That really depends where we are in the next round if I'm honest. After that, I'm in. :aok:

Keith_M
04-02-2020, 07:23 PM
It's £20?
Just speaking for myself, I wouldn't want to miss a Scottish Cup tie if I could help it. A ticket to be framed along with the two DU ones, quarter final, semi final and final ones when we lift the trophy in May.

It is, dunno what I was thinking.

Point still stands, though. The overall attraction of one game against the other; opposition, quality of stadium

Hermit Crab
04-02-2020, 07:34 PM
It is, dunno what I was thinking.

Point still stands, though. The overall attraction of one game against the other; opposition, quality of stadium

Its more than that after the booking fees have been added.

Newhaven
04-02-2020, 07:49 PM
Nobody does moaning like us fans!

From loyalty points, the weather, the chances of winning at a canter to paying £20 were the champions of droning on and on.

Man up and get a ticket.

Ringothedog
04-02-2020, 07:58 PM
I have my ticket but am expecting the weather to make it feel like the Cowdenbeath game of a few years ago. [emoji3063][emoji97][emoji100]

Now that was wet!! 💦

scooby
04-02-2020, 08:02 PM

It was exactly that thought that put me off the BSC game tbh, my kids have been scarred for life by that 🤣

DaveF
04-02-2020, 08:18 PM
Now that was wet!! 💦

The worst soaking I've ever had. Gave up not long after cowdenbeath scored to bring it back to 2-1 to seek sanctuary in the pub.

Hermit Crab
04-02-2020, 08:22 PM
The worst soaking I've ever had. Gave up not long after cowdenbeath scored to bring it back to 2-1 to seek sanctuary in the pub.

Did folk not bother going to big games 30 - 40 year ago because there was no cover and it was raining? :dunno:

DaveF
04-02-2020, 08:27 PM
Did folk not bother going to big games 30 - 40 year ago because there was no cover and it was raining? :dunno:

No, I'm pretty sure I've been soaked before as a young supporter at Falkirk, Morton, Hamilton, Clydebank etc...it's just that day at cowdenbeath was pretty damn wet.

Hermit Crab
04-02-2020, 08:34 PM
No, I'm pretty sure I've been soaked before as a young supporter at Falkirk, Morton, Hamilton, Clydebank etc...it's just that day at cowdenbeath was pretty damn wet.

Aye, it was horrendous and cold too.

davhibby
04-02-2020, 08:35 PM

Don’t! Still have nightmares about that one

ben johnson
05-02-2020, 07:07 AM

Liverpool at home in the Eufa Cup 1975.
Hosed down. ER rammed.

Alfred E Newman
05-02-2020, 09:00 AM
Liverpool at home in the Eufa Cup 1975.
Hosed down. ER rammed.

It wasn't actually. I think the gate was only around 25000 largely due to the weather.

bigwheel
05-02-2020, 09:29 AM
It wasn't actually. I think the gate was only around 25000 largely due to the weather.

Just over 19,000. Which came as a shock as I recall it rammed too

Earlydelivery
05-02-2020, 10:10 AM

The reason it looked rammed cos everybody was huddled together in the middle of the east .. 2yrs earlier we had 36000 against Leeds

mutley
05-02-2020, 10:17 AM
I have 2 x spare tickets for this game, anyone interested? First PM gets them (face value)

Daydreamer
05-02-2020, 10:20 AM
After looking at the weather for Sunday glad I bought tickets from BSC. Nice little terraced cover.

green with envy
05-02-2020, 10:57 AM
After looking at the weather for Sunday glad I bought tickets from BSC. Nice little terraced cover.

Have they been posted out yet?

Daydreamer
05-02-2020, 11:01 AM
Have they been posted out yet?

There e tickets. Can print at home or on phone.

green with envy
05-02-2020, 11:15 AM
There e tickets. Can print at home or on phone.

I got an email with four references but they only have serial numbers and security codes but there doesn't seem to be a barcode. Is it the same for you?

Steven79
05-02-2020, 11:16 AM
I got an email with four references but they only have serial numbers and security codes but there doesn't seem to be a barcode. Is it the same for you?

No they will be posting them out to you, you should have been charged 70 pence for postage?

Carheenlea
05-02-2020, 11:38 AM
Could be fun

“ Windy, with rain developing in the afternoon. High 7ºC. Winds SSW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph “

Sean1875
05-02-2020, 11:46 AM
There any chance this game could get postponed? Weather looking like its going to be griiiiiiiim. :boo hoo:

pollution
05-02-2020, 11:49 AM

You are right, 19000.

Without doubt the wettest I have ever been. Torrential rain from 3 or 4pm.

I walked to the ground from Haymarket and back after the game in a duffel coat but Harper's goal kept me warm.

A wonderful attack downhill on the stand side and a sliding strike. 46 years ago..!

bigwheel
05-02-2020, 11:54 AM
You are right, 19000.

Without doubt the wettest I have ever been. Torrential rain from 3 or 4pm.

I walked to the ground from Haymarket and back after the game in a duffel coat but Harper's goal kept me warm.

A wonderful attack downhill on the stand side and a sliding strike. 46 years ago..!

Great little memory ...and Brownlie’s missed spot kick too ....

Daydreamer
05-02-2020, 12:06 PM

Tickets come through in post in the last hour. Hand written.

Hermit Crab
05-02-2020, 12:08 PM
There any chance this game could get postponed? Weather looking like its going to be griiiiiiiim. :boo hoo:

Nope, its an artificial surface.

Hermit Crab
05-02-2020, 12:11 PM
There are seated tickets on sale now. :confused:

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/EDP/Event/Index/2772

JimBHibees
05-02-2020, 12:11 PM

Only potentials would be heavy snow or very strong winds.

Billy Whizz
05-02-2020, 12:45 PM

Alloa was postponed 3 weeks ago
Waterlogged park

Heckys Wheel
05-02-2020, 12:55 PM

Think that game will stick in the mind of anybody who was there for the rest of their life. Never been soaked like I was that day!

Hermit Crab
05-02-2020, 12:57 PM
Waterlogged park

**** knows how as that's some slope the pitch is on.

I think BSC will do everything possible to get that game on as they won't want a rescheduled game especially when all there players have full time jobs. We dont want a fixture pile up either!

Hibby Bairn
05-02-2020, 01:05 PM
Think that game will stick in the mind of anybody who was there for the rest of their life. Never been soaked like I was that day!

You should have been at Scotland v France in 1990 World Cup qualifier. In the North terracing uncovered. Been as well just chucking a bucket of water over me. Cannae believe that was 30 years ago 😳

green with envy
05-02-2020, 01:20 PM
Tickets come through in post in the last hour. Hand written.

Yep, mine also came through the post when i got home at lunch time.

green with envy
05-02-2020, 01:59 PM
**** knows how as that's some slope the pitch is on.

I think BSC will do everything possible to get that game on as they won't want a rescheduled game especially when all there players have full time jobs. We dont want a fixture pile up either!

It seems like the slope was the problem...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51075789

Hermit Crab
05-02-2020, 02:17 PM
It seems like the slope was the problem...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51075789

Hopefully they've got pumps on standby to clear any water.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-02-2020, 02:35 PM
You should have been at Scotland v France in 1990 World Cup qualifier. In the North terracing uncovered. Been as well just chucking a bucket of water over me. Cannae believe that was 30 years ago 😳

Worth it though! 😉

greenlex
05-02-2020, 05:25 PM
Great little memory ...and Brownlie’s missed spot kick too ....

Terracing ticket 50p!!!!

Keith_M
05-02-2020, 05:44 PM
Terracing ticket 50p!!!!

£6.50 in new money

Billy Whizz
06-02-2020, 12:20 PM
2nd person this morning texted me say they couldn’t get tickets
Told them top down menu starts with seating, then terracing
Wonder how many others have done similar😎

green with envy
06-02-2020, 12:26 PM
Terracing ticket 50p!!!!

Lift over for me.

Carheenlea
06-02-2020, 09:40 PM
With the high winds forecast along with the rain, the gazebo might not see out the 90 minutes. If seated in there I’d pack the sou’westers along with the rest of us!

Viva_Palmeiras
07-02-2020, 12:34 PM
Waterlogged park

That’s remarkable foresight And advanced notice :)

007 Mickey Weir
07-02-2020, 06:32 PM
Can’t believe this is not sold out. Why the lack of response from fans for this??

Ringothedog
07-02-2020, 06:37 PM
Can’t believe this is not sold out. Why the lack of response from fans for this??

Crazy, no cover, potential for 60 mile winds and rain, game live on telly.Yup totally Surprised. PS I will be there

Tully
07-02-2020, 07:05 PM
Crazy, no cover, potential for 60 mile winds and rain, game live on telly.Yup totally Surprised. PS I will be there

Bsc have 35 left hibs have 140 odd

Rocky
07-02-2020, 07:45 PM
2nd person this morning texted me say they couldn’t get tickets
Told them top down menu starts with seating, then terracing
Wonder how many others have done similar😎

I did that on Monday, couldn't work out why none available when I was 28th in queue!

Keith_M
07-02-2020, 07:51 PM

Twenty quid, open terrace, lowland league opponents, horrendous weather forecast and is available to be watched on the telly.

Yep, I'm totally dumbfounded that it hasn't sold out yet.

hibbysam
07-02-2020, 07:57 PM
Twenty quid, open terrace, lowland league opponents, horrendous weather forecast and is available to be watched on the telly.

Yep, I'm totally dumbfounded that it hasn't sold out yet.

Twenty’s plenty surely? Last 16 of the Scottish, very winnable tie, weather not known when tickets were announced, extremely affordable tickets.

CB_NO3
07-02-2020, 10:01 PM
Pathetic that it has not sold out tbh.

Hermit Crab
07-02-2020, 10:12 PM

There is even PATG for us on Sunday. Couldn't sell out Ibrox and now this game.

B.H.F.C
07-02-2020, 10:24 PM

It’s maybe surprising. But taking a couple of thousand to game kicking off at 12 o’clock on a Sunday, against a lowland league team, isn’t exactly pathetic.

Brightside
07-02-2020, 10:28 PM
Jesus some will find anything to moan at.

green with envy
07-02-2020, 10:44 PM
It’s maybe surprising. But taking a couple of thousand to game kicking off at 12 o’clock on a Sunday, against a lowland league team, isn’t exactly pathetic.

I realy thought there would have been a mad scramble for this hence why I purchased my ticket for the home end before Hibs put ours on sale. I suspect there would have been around 6/7000 Hibs fans at this game if this had been at say at tynecastle, perhaps even more. However it seems a 40 minute drive is to much for some. Not knocking anyone just my observation.

B.H.F.C
07-02-2020, 10:49 PM
I realy thought there would have been a mad scramble for this hence why I purchased my ticket for the home end before Hibs put ours on sale. I suspect there would have been around 6/7000 Hibs fans at this game if this had been at say at tynecastle, perhaps even more. However it seems a 40 minute drive is to much for some. Not knocking anyone just my observation.

I’ll be there but I get why folk might not be terribly attracted by it. I thought it would sell out quickly but, if anything, there’ll be a handful of tickets unsold.

What I do find strange is that Hibs are still only selling to season ticket holders again.

green with envy
07-02-2020, 11:01 PM
I’ll be there but I get why folk might not be terribly attracted by it. I thought it would sell out quickly but, if anything, there’ll be a handful of tickets unsold.

What I do find strange is that Hibs are still only selling to season ticket holders again.

I never realised that was the case with only selling to ST holders. Obviously Hibs must have thought this would have sold out pretty quick too.

Steven79
07-02-2020, 11:07 PM
I realy thought there would have been a mad scramble for this hence why I purchased my ticket for the home end before Hibs put ours on sale. I suspect there would have been around 6/7000 Hibs fans at this game if this had been at say at tynecastle, perhaps even more. However it seems a 40 minute drive is to much for some. Not knocking anyone just my observation.Yeah I'm the same as I figured they would sell quick so I'm in the home end as well.

Never thought for a minute that it would end up patg.

B.H.F.C
07-02-2020, 11:11 PM
I never realised that was the case with only selling to ST holders. Obviously Hibs must have thought this would have sold out pretty quick too.

Aye, you’d think when it hadn’t they’d maybe open it up though.

Steven79
07-02-2020, 11:15 PM
Aye, you’d think when it hadn’t they’d maybe open it up though.They did open it up as they went on general sale on Wednesday.

Maybe they just want to restrict the amount of potential buyers to season tickets holders so as to avoid running out of tickets on the day.

How will they police it I'm not sure.

green&left
07-02-2020, 11:17 PM

Been on general for a few days now.

Ronniekirk
07-02-2020, 11:29 PM
Weather forecast crap , not an attractive fixture and that playing surface
It’s on the Telly So that sealed it for me
Watch from comfort of own home with a Beer

B.H.F.C
08-02-2020, 08:08 AM
Been on general for a few days now.

They might want to update the match information they put on the website yesterday.

“Tickets are on sale from our Ticket Office until 3pm on Saturday, while stocks last.

Please note, these tickets are on sale for Hibernian season ticket holders only and must be collected from Easter Road Stadium”.

davhibby
08-02-2020, 08:52 AM
Twenty’s plenty surely? Last 16 of the Scottish, very winnable tie, weather not known when tickets were announced, extremely affordable tickets.

The weather was easily known on Monday if you looked. Put the 2 that would have been coming with me off going

Since452
08-02-2020, 09:03 AM

And the fact it's a 12pm kick off. I'll still be in my jammies!

inglisavhibs
08-02-2020, 10:43 AM

Any tie that wasn’t on an artificial surface and I would have been there. Changes the way the games played for me, the last one I attended was the cup tie at Killie this season and that kind of made up my mind.

hibbysam
08-02-2020, 10:51 AM
The weather was easily known on Monday if you looked. Put the 2 that would have been coming with me off going

If you believe every weather forecast the week before an event you’d never do anything. Really good pricing, great chance of getting to the quarter finals, at a stadium 40 minutes away. Weathers just another excuse, like ‘***** kick off time’ ‘going to get pumped’ and ‘too expensive’ that we’ve had over the last few years. Simple as that.

Antifa Hibs
08-02-2020, 11:44 AM
If you believe every weather forecast the week before an event you’d never do anything. Really good pricing, great chance of getting to the quarter finals, at a stadium 40 minutes away. Weathers just another excuse, like ‘***** kick off time’ ‘going to get pumped’ and ‘too expensive’ that we’ve had over the last few years. Simple as that.

Nah TBF we can't expect people to go out in February. In Scotland. And expect a bit wind and rain. Especially when we usually have that Tenerife-esque year round sunshine that we're all used to.....

davhibby
08-02-2020, 01:06 PM

I was merely making the point that some people might not have seen getting soaked for 2 hours whilst we ease past a team 4 leagues below us when they can stay dry and watch it at home as massively appealing.

Keith_M
08-02-2020, 01:15 PM
Anybody expecting 6 or 7,000 Hibbies wanting to turn up at a game against lower league opposition, in a poor stadium, that is live on TV and for almost Premier League prices is seriously deluded.

If we'd been playing against the same opposition in a modern, completely covered stadium with decent facilities, the prices reflecting the level of opposition and it wasn't also being shown on TV, then we would have sold a lot more tickets than we have.

It's just a combination of factors (probably including the weather forecast) that have, understandably IMO, affected the level of demand.

Hermit Crab
08-02-2020, 04:13 PM
Anybody expecting 6 or 7,000 Hibbies wanting to turn up at a game against lower league opposition, in a poor stadium, that is live on TV and for almost Premier League prices is seriously deluded.

If we'd been playing against the same opposition in a modern, completely covered stadium with decent facilities, the prices reflecting the level of opposition and it wasn't also being shown on TV, then we would have sold a lot more tickets than we have.

It's just a combination of factors (probably including the weather forecast) that have, understandably IMO, affected the level of demand.

Nah, not 6-7000 but maybe just sell out the 2000 tickets we were allocated because you can guarantee if we get happen to get Hearts away in the next round (assuming they go through) then 13k ST holders will all want a ticket for that, even if its played at 12pm on a Sunday in pouring rain and high winds. Nobody will complain about the KO time, the game being on TV and the weather then eh.

There would be an outcry if Hibs said keep your ticket stub as you're guaranteed a ticket for the next round if you do...

B.H.F.C
08-02-2020, 04:29 PM
Nah, not 6-7000 but maybe just sell out the 2000 tickets we were allocated because you can guarantee if we get happen to get Hearts away in the next round (assuming they go through) then 13k ST holders will all want a ticket for that, even if its played at 12pm on a Sunday in pouring rain and high winds. Nobody will complain about the KO time, the game being on TV and the weather then eh.

There would be an outcry if Hibs said keep your ticket stub as you're guaranteed a ticket for the next round if you do...

Why do to always fail to understand that a derby game is more attractive to people than other games? In this instance, a game against a lowland league team.

I think you’re happier when we don’t sell out than you are if we do.

Hermit Crab
08-02-2020, 04:30 PM
Why do to always fail to understand that a derby game is more attractive to people than other games? In this instance, a game against a lowland league team.

I think you’re happier when we don’t sell out than you are if we do.

I hope we get Inverness away then, see how many bother with that one.

B.H.F.C
08-02-2020, 04:33 PM

Quite a few probably. Probably not enough to fill the whole end behind the goals. But look on the bright side, at least you’d be able to go round counting the empty seats a report back with your usual informative view that we’d have sold out if it was a derby.

CB_NO3
08-02-2020, 04:34 PM

We had 10k fans against Bonyrigg Rose in a cup tie.

Using weather as an excuse to not go to a game 40 miles away is really sad unless you are disabled or elderly perhaps.

Hermit Crab
08-02-2020, 04:34 PM
Quite a few probably. Probably not enough to fill the whole end behind the goals. But look on the bright side, at least you’d be able to go round counting the empty seats a report back with your usual informative view that we’d have sold out if it was a derby.

I don't give a **** to be honest. So many on here try and justify why they're not bothering tomorrow when if they hadn't posted anything nobody would be any wiser.

B.H.F.C
08-02-2020, 04:36 PM

Using weather as an excuse to not go to a game 40 miles away is really sad unless you are disabled or elderly perhaps.

Give it some context. Saturday, 3pm, first time in any of our lives we had played a Scottish Cup game as holders.

B.H.F.C
08-02-2020, 04:37 PM
I don't give a **** to be honest.

Clearly. You never jump on threads moaning about us not selling our an allocation.

BarneyBreslin
08-02-2020, 04:37 PM

Folks have their own reasons for going or not going to football games. Just like you exercised your right not to attend the Dundee United replay...

Lago
08-02-2020, 04:41 PM

There are some with tickets who will be doing the same I bet. 🙂

Keith_M
08-02-2020, 04:41 PM

Exactly, Hearts at Tynecastle..... which this quite clearly isn't.

I don't get why some people can't seem to understand the difference.

Bobby's Cinema
08-02-2020, 04:51 PM

+ 1

Frogga
08-02-2020, 05:08 PM
Long shot but does anyone know what time the tickets go on sale tomorrow morning at the stadium?

greenlex
08-02-2020, 05:39 PM
I don't give a **** to be honest.

😂😂😂 Oh yes you do.

Billy Whizz
08-02-2020, 05:40 PM
Long shot but does anyone know what time the tickets go on sale tomorrow morning at the stadium?

No idea, but would have thought if it’s on, a few will give it a miss, so tickets will be available from Hibs fans

Hiber-nation
08-02-2020, 05:45 PM

I'm not going tomorrow because I don't want to but I'll probably go to Inverness if we get through and draw them away.

Is that ok with you?

Smartie
08-02-2020, 05:50 PM

Or you were at that Cowdenbeath game a few years ago and remember how miserable it was.

CL0762
08-02-2020, 05:54 PM
Unfortunately I won't be there along with the others guys from the podcast as we agreed to play in a charity 7 a side tournament at the Oriam tomorrow before the draw was made.

Still don't blame anyone for choosing not to go though.

Newhaven
08-02-2020, 07:27 PM

100%

The bleating from hibs fans is priceless.

Tully
08-02-2020, 08:20 PM
I'll be there rain cannot be any worse than cowdenbeath or alloa previously, we,ve went soft in this country

CB_NO3
08-02-2020, 10:33 PM
Or you were at that Cowdenbeath game a few years ago and remember how miserable it was.

Funny enough I wasn't. Was in South America at the time.

Radium
09-02-2020, 07:55 AM
https://twitter.com/bscglasgow/status/1226247628888985605?s=21

Ronniekirk
09-02-2020, 08:49 AM
I'll be there rain cannot be any worse than cowdenbeath or alloa previously, we,ve went soft in this country

Cowdenbeath was the worst I have experienced Not sure o would stand through a whole game again in those conditions unless were were pumping Hearts7 0

OstKurve Hibs
09-02-2020, 08:52 AM
Cowdenbeath was the worst I have experienced Not sure o would stand through a whole game again in those conditions unless were were pumping Hearts7 0

The weather was horrendous that day, I got back from a 3 week holiday in Thailand the day before,
Soaked to skin the next day at that game, talk about back to reality lol