PDA

View Full Version : Scotty’s Legs

Iggy Pope
01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
I know there’s a thread elsewhere about Scott Allan and his performance today and previously but I’m more concerned about his mobility.
He can’t appear to stretch. His legs look rigid.
He looks like he’s carrying an injury or a longer term niggle. Balls sail or roll past him he doesn’t have the leverage. Couple of chances in the past couple of games he’s snatched at it the way he’s looking.
The boy isn’t right.

The 90+2
01-02-2020, 10:16 PM
Sounds like a decent horse name. 👍

DetroitHibs
01-02-2020, 10:22 PM
When was the last time the lad played a full season in the first team in his career. It’s been pretty stop start with not much consistency.

Iggy Pope
01-02-2020, 10:25 PM
When was the last time the lad played a full season in the first team in his career. It’s been pretty stop start with not much consistency.

Could be a reason why the strain looks like it’s showing. He doesn’t move like he did even two months ago.

Shrekko
01-02-2020, 11:37 PM
He’s a young man still but I’m guessing a full season not playing first team football (last season) must have had an effect on him? Hopefully playing most games this year will help?

I know some folk get upset when this is mentioned, but his diabetes must surely mean that there are some days when his energy levels aren’t the same?

He isn’t looking as sharp at the moment but the pitches are a bit heavier as well and flair players generally do their best stuff in the best conditions.

I didn’t expect him to be amazing every week but I’d still say we’ve had good value from him so far this year.

Jim44
02-02-2020, 12:08 AM
Give the guy some slack. He has a serious health condition which can be life threatening if not controlled. Given this, the guy is amazing and we have to roll with the punches when he looks a bit off colour.

AlbertK86
02-02-2020, 07:49 AM
Our group have discussed a few times over last few games.

Definitely looks like he needs a proper rest and hopefully come back strong again for the last few months of the season.

Now have a few options in midfield.

However despite being off the pace he is still contributing goals and assists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
02-02-2020, 07:53 AM
He's played 24 games this season, for a guy who hadn't played for almost a full season he me be tiring a wee bit, Mallan's injury has also meant there's no fresh legs to play in his position.

Keith_M
02-02-2020, 08:00 AM
I don't think he should play against Der Hun.

He could probably do with a break and we need a more physical option against them, as they've totally bossed us in midfield in the last two games.

What's Ambrose up to these days?

Cataplana
02-02-2020, 08:50 AM
Scotty's legs - suits you sir!

Phil MaGlass
02-02-2020, 08:52 AM
The teams just had a 2-3 week break and should be fit and raring to go, nae excus3s about looking tired ffs

hibby rae
02-02-2020, 08:55 AM
The teams just had a 2-3 week break and should be fit and raring to go, nae excus3s about looking tired ffs

For context though, the team has also had a game every three days since that break.

Phil MaGlass
02-02-2020, 08:56 AM
Never thought aboot that

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2020, 09:02 AM

The old 2 week break that cures every physical issue.

Iggy Pope
02-02-2020, 09:22 AM
Give the guy some slack. He has a serious health condition which can be life threatening if not controlled. Given this, the guy is amazing and we have to roll with the punches when he looks a bit off colour.

Oi. I’m not criticising him or his performances. He’s not himself.

Golden Bear
02-02-2020, 10:52 AM

:agree:

Well said Jim.

Alfred E Newman
02-02-2020, 11:00 AM
I don’t know what the fuss is about. I thought he had a good game yesterday despite having played 5 games in little more than a fortnight which won’t be easy given his health condition .

CMurdoch
02-02-2020, 11:49 AM
At the age of 28 and discounting the 2 years he has spent at Hibs, including one in the Championship, the most games Scott has played for any other team is 16 which was at Dundee in the first part of the 2017/18 season.

This season Scott Allan has played more games (24 to date) than he has ever played in his whole career. Probably looking at reaching 40 games this season.

Given these stats and his medical condition he is pretty much in uncharted territory this season which i'm sure our medical and coaching staff are monitoring closely. He is also not the fastest of players so not going to run away from many in our league which again makes doing what he wants to do more difficult and reduces his options when he gets the ball.

Based on his career stats and deficiencies it could be argued that Hibs supporters expect too much from Scott Allan.

Callum_62
02-02-2020, 12:20 PM
He definatly looks to have lost some agilty

I said as much a few weeks back that maybe he's bulked up too much?

Definately doenst look as sharp as before

Still has the class about him though but something just isn't quite the same

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk