PDA

View Full Version : Paul McGinn

Billy Whizz
01-02-2020, 06:07 PM
Didn’t see a thread on him, but I was more than impressed with his 2nd half showing today
Good in the tackle and brave, as I expect a McGinn to be. Also got forward whenever he could

Looking like he’s going to be a useful addition to our team
Well done Paul

Wheat Hound
01-02-2020, 06:11 PM
Didn’t see a thread on him, but I was more than impressed with his 2nd half showing today
Good in the tackle and brave, as I expect a McGinn to be. Also got forward whenever he could

Well done Paul

Agreed Billy, very impressed by him. Put a few decent crosses in and nearly scored with a header. Looks fit and mobile and good that he can slot right in with little sharpness to obtain.

Gaffer1875
01-02-2020, 06:16 PM
Did the song book come out in force for him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weegreenman
01-02-2020, 06:17 PM
Very decent debut and almost nicked a goal.

B.H.F.C
01-02-2020, 06:20 PM
He’ll be our right back for the rest of the season. It was only 45 minutes but, from what I saw, he looks more like what I’d want from a right back than James.

Billy Whizz
01-02-2020, 06:20 PM
He’ll be our right back for the rest of the season. It was only 45 minutes but, from what I saw, he looks more like what I’d want from a right back than James.

Absolutely, no comparison

BILLYHIBS
01-02-2020, 06:21 PM
Looked taller and slimmer than I expected

Elegant, composed and unrushed on the ball

Solid debut

Looks a keeper

Onceinawhile
01-02-2020, 06:25 PM
Looked taller and slimmer than I expected

Elegant, composed and unrushed on the ball

Solid debut

Looks a keeper

Never a keeper, he's a right back Imo.

tamig
01-02-2020, 06:27 PM
Thought he looked calm and very assured. Put a couple of decent crosses in too. Think he’ll do a solid job for us.

04Sauzee
01-02-2020, 07:43 PM
Very good steady debut. Was looking forward to seeing him and he didn't dissapoint.

PH91
01-02-2020, 07:45 PM

Hahaha. Enjoyed that.

AlbertK86
01-02-2020, 07:47 PM
Very good steady debut. Was looking forward to seeing him and he didn't dissapoint.

Him and Docherty were the standouts for Hibs in a frustrating second half.

Tenacious and composed

Benny Brazil
01-02-2020, 08:00 PM
Was it not him that nearly scored with a header from a corner - keeper made a good save. I thought he looked very composed on the ball, strong and decent pace - was impressed with him

Eyrie
01-02-2020, 09:37 PM
Looks to be a very good signing based on this afternoon.

BILLYHIBS
02-02-2020, 05:22 AM

His kick outs would be better than Rocky’s though 😂

I_Love_Latapy
02-02-2020, 05:42 AM
Thought he was good & reminded me of SDG 3 years ago

FilipinoHibs
02-02-2020, 06:19 AM
His kick outs would be better than Rocky’s though 😂

My two month puppy's kick outs are better than Rocky's.

Lancs Harp
02-02-2020, 07:28 AM
Only half a game obviously but I thought he and Docherty settled in very well and linked up with players around them like they had been here all season. Certainly to my eye linked up better than the players that had been here all season put it that way.

A promising start from the pair.

calumhibee1
02-02-2020, 08:32 AM
Would be very happy to see him playing right back permanently for a few seasons.

calumhibee1
02-02-2020, 08:32 AM

That's exactly what I said. Looked a bit like we'd rolled back the clock on SDG.

scooby
02-02-2020, 09:08 AM
Looked really comfortable and played a couple of sublime forward passes. His position to lose now.

Bobby's Cinema
02-02-2020, 09:10 AM
Thought he played well, kept a clean sheet and kept their left hand side that had caused us problems quiet enough.

Seemed understandably nervous to me playing the safe pass, imagine he will grow into it and be a reliable player for us.

Brooster
02-02-2020, 09:57 AM
Very good debut from McGinn. Looked fit as a fiddle.

CMurdoch
02-02-2020, 11:09 AM

Well done Paul

Glad you were impressed.

I was less convinced and thought he was pretty limited with the ball at his feet but understand it was his first game and naturally he would be playing safe with his passes. I also thought he backed into the box when faced with an opposition player with the ball.
As usual time will tell.

It goes without saying that I hope you are right and he proves to be a good acquisition.

Since452
02-02-2020, 11:17 AM
If he started yesterday we would have won the game. Pretty annoyed we started Dave

Ronniekirk
02-02-2020, 03:31 PM

Well done Paul

A snip and just what we needed in that position Sor David was badly exposed in that first half as clearly not match fit and hopefully James doesn’t need to play again fir the first team

jacomo
02-02-2020, 09:12 PM

Have you seen him in goals?

Thought not.

:wink:

greenpaper55
02-02-2020, 09:18 PM
Looked a good solid pro, i think any full back combination in the SPL is better than ours, Mcginn excluded of course. Watching Grey getting skinned time and time again was not nice, our dads army defence needs replacing ASAP.

St.Kristopher
02-02-2020, 09:22 PM
Glad you were impressed.

I was less convinced and thought he was pretty limited with the ball at his feet but understand it was his first game and naturally he would be playing safe with his passes. I also thought he backed into the box when faced with an opposition player with the ball.
As usual, time will tell.

It goes without saying that I hope you are right and he proves to be a good acquisition.

I thought the opposite, I think he is a very clever player, he 2 or 3 times looked to reverse the play but the rest of the team didn’t look for it, so he had to go back down the line again. As you say time will tell, but once he trains with the team more they should be able to link up better. I am very hopeful from that showing anyway.

BILLYHIBS
02-02-2020, 09:25 PM
I thought the opposite, I think he is a very clever player, he 2 or 3 times looked to reverse the play but the rest of the team didn’t look for it, so he had to go back down the line again. As you say time will tell, but once he trains with the team more they should be able to link up better. I am very hopeful from that showing anyway.

Unlucky not to score

He’s a McGinn what’s not to like?

😁

erin go bragh
02-02-2020, 09:26 PM
Looked a good solid pro, i think any full back combination in the SPL is better than ours, Mcginn excluded of course. Watching Grey getting skinned time and time again was not nice, our dads army defence needs replacing ASAP.
Dads army !! Some way to talk about Legends . We need pace in defence granted but no need for that patter .
And it’s Gray !

CMurdoch
02-02-2020, 09:50 PM

:aok:

Since452
03-02-2020, 07:26 AM
I reckon in a few years he'll crop up often on those "under rated" or "unsung hero" threads. He'll be a very consistent, steady player for us

greenpaper55
03-02-2020, 07:37 AM
Dads army !! Some way to talk about Legends . We need pace in defence granted but no need for that patter .
And it’s Gray !
I will say what i like and tough if you don't like it, Legends are fine but if they start costing you goals then it's time they were not playing.

The Count
03-02-2020, 07:49 AM
Yes you can say what you like but there is no need for the aggressive reply to s fellow Hibby.

jax67
03-02-2020, 08:50 AM

Yep, thought this as well👍

Captain Trips
03-02-2020, 11:12 AM
SDG for me when fully fit and mobile is an excellent player. I do not wish to see him playing if he is not fully 100%. IMO I think he just isnt quite there so MCGinn should be starting now and with Ibrox ahead if we are to have a chance this defence has simply got to be all 100%.

McGinn will be giving us nothing less than 100%.

Stanton Spence
03-02-2020, 11:34 AM
Yes you can say what you like but there is no need for the aggressive reply to s fellow Hibby.I would hardly call greenpaper reply aggressive and no worse than the one from Erin go bragh
Our defence may well be legends for that cup win but they aren't half the players they were and shouldn't be immune to criticism because they won a cup three and a half years ago. Our defence is done and there's no room for sentiment in professional sport
I'm sure greenpaper hates seeing players like SDG big daz and Lewis get torn up for arse paper far too often now or sitting in the stand injured . They are just not good enough now and age is catching up with them. I'm sure the dads army quote was a bit tongue in cheek
I wasn't too convinced about us signing Paul mcginn at first but after thinking about it more and his second half performance on Saturday I'm now a bit more confident he will be a good player for us and not just a stop gap I think he will cement the right back slot

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk