PDA

View Full Version : Omeonga

coldingham hibs
01-02-2020, 06:04 PM
Great game today, my MoM by a mile. It’s so good having him back.

EVENTUALLY
01-02-2020, 06:09 PM

Spot On.

A diamond of a player who gives his full tank every game.

hibee_girl
01-02-2020, 06:13 PM
He was brilliant today, should have been man of the match

BalkanSuperBro
01-02-2020, 06:20 PM

Thought he was superb today and had to laugh when he flattened Horgan to set up the equaliser :agree:

Hiber-nation
01-02-2020, 06:21 PM
Thought he was disappointing today and I'm a huge fan.

wallpaperman
01-02-2020, 06:23 PM

Got to disagree, thought he looked a little off the pace first 20 minutes, but after that he was superb.

Scouse Hibee
01-02-2020, 06:24 PM
Immense today, buzzed about everywhere breaking up play and chased every cause.

wookie70
01-02-2020, 06:24 PM
Decent performance but not much more. Did well for the second goal but doesnt contribute enough when he has the ball

greenlex
01-02-2020, 06:27 PM
I have to wonder what some folk watch at games. He was excellent. A couple of stray passes but he never stopped.

KingPat4
01-02-2020, 06:27 PM
Man of the match by a mile.

Smartie
01-02-2020, 06:29 PM
Decent performance but not much more. Did well for the second goal but doesnt contribute enough when he has the ball

That's how I saw it.

He did fine and probably wasn't culpable for us not winning the game but he wasn't brilliant.

Was much better against Motherwell and Hamilton.

Great cross for the goal though.

ancient hibee
01-02-2020, 06:32 PM
Well off the pace early on.Stuck to it and brings enthusiasm to the game.Did well for our second goal but a bit erratic throughout.

EVENTUALLY
01-02-2020, 06:33 PM
Got to disagree, thought he looked a little off the pace first 20 minutes, but after that he was superb.

Whole team was off the pace for the first 20. SO was working his socks off nonetheless and his energy lifted the team into gear.

mentalhibee
01-02-2020, 06:33 PM
We need to sign him on a permanent contract.

SlickShoes
01-02-2020, 06:45 PM
He breaks up the other teams play constantly and is exactly what we need. Everyone was let down massively by the défense and goalie today looking like a constant bombscare.

04Sauzee
01-02-2020, 06:47 PM
Fantastic game, wonder how many blocked passes he makes in a game? Must be one of the best.

The Wireless
01-02-2020, 06:51 PM
He breaks up the other teams play constantly and is exactly what we need. Everyone was let down massively by the défense and goalie today looking like a constant bombscare.

Maybe nit picking but I have watched the warm up the last few matches and felt the tempo was very casual & relaxed and thought there was a lack of focus and purpose about it. I am not suggesting it is the reason but we have started these matches very poorly. Just my observation and maybe just coincidence..:agree:

Lancs Harp
01-02-2020, 08:22 PM
In the first half in particular he must have chalked up more yards than the rest of the team put together. Are we supposed to be pressing in midfield? If so only one player is actually doing it.

Jim44
01-02-2020, 09:12 PM
He was brilliant today, should have been man of the match

Incredible difference between opinions. Do I take an average and assume he was ok. Or is one of them way off the mark in expectations? :confused:

coldingham hibs
01-02-2020, 09:28 PM
Incredible difference between opinions. Do I take an average and assume he was ok. Or is one of them way off the mark in expectations? :confused:

By far our best player today, take my word for it 😁

ekhibee
01-02-2020, 09:52 PM
Just my opinion but this is a pretty mediocre Hibs team and Omeonga and Docherty were the only standouts for me. In the first half I thought we were totally outplayed but still managed to stay all square. Omeonga seemed to be the only one that was keeping up with the pace of the game. Horgan was piss poor again and he should have been subbed sooner IMO. I would definitely have made Omeonga my MOTM.

AlbertK86
02-02-2020, 07:52 AM
Just my opinion but this is a pretty mediocre Hibs team and Omeonga and Docherty were the only standouts for me. In the first half I thought we were totally outplayed but still managed to stay all square. Omeonga seemed to be the only one that was keeping up with the pace of the game. Horgan was piss poor again and he should have been subbed sooner IMO. I would definitely have made Omeonga my MOTM.

I’d throw McGinn in as a standout as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
02-02-2020, 08:31 AM

That's about where I was. A 6 or 7/10, not a bad performance but not as good as others seem to reckon. I thought Docherty was probably our MOTM and that's even allowing for the fact he only got 40 mins.

Keith_M
02-02-2020, 08:35 AM
That's how I saw it.

He did fine and probably wasn't culpable for us not winning the game but he wasn't brilliant.

Was much better against Motherwell and Hamilton.

Great cross for the goal though.

I'm with you, Smartie.

I can't fault his effort, he just never gives up, and he contributed to one of the goals, but he also made quite a few blunders.

Not saying he was bad, by any means, just not as brilliant as some seem to be suggesting.

Keith_M
02-02-2020, 08:35 AM
I’d throw McGinn in as a standout as well.

:agree:

Delighted he's at ER.

Gloucester Hibs
02-02-2020, 08:38 AM
Always shows for the ball, never hides, and must cover some amount of distance during a game. He was a clear MOTM for me, the other 2 candidates only played half a game.

Since452
02-02-2020, 11:40 AM
He picked up a lot of second balls yesterday but think he still looked slightly off it. Once he's fully match sharp he'll be a huge asset. Really hope we keep him permanently

Keith_M
02-02-2020, 12:19 PM
He picked up a lot of second balls yesterday but think he still looked slightly off it. Once he's fully match sharp he'll be a huge asset. Really hope we keep him permanently

Agree 100%

CMurdoch
02-02-2020, 12:20 PM
His strengths are he does a lot of running, breaks up play and collects a lot of second balls. All things Hibs midfield was in need of.
His weakness is when he is on the ball. Bombed in Belgium. If we are patient Genoa will end up giving him to us for a small fee.

Docherty looks a far superior player.

Wigson13
02-02-2020, 01:16 PM
I'm sure he has telescopic legs, seems to be able to stick a leg in and win the ball most times! Thought he was excellent yesterday.

superfurryhibby
02-02-2020, 01:23 PM
For a player who has hardly kicked a ball all season he did pretty well. Easily the pick of the midfield today.

coldingham hibs
06-02-2020, 04:15 PM
Another good performance from Steph last night, I’d love to know how his stats for distance covered compare to the other players. Pity we don’t have another couple of players with his drive and energy. Hopefully Docherty will have the same impact.

B.H.F.C
06-02-2020, 04:20 PM
Lots of running and tackling. Need a bit more on the ball, he has the ability.

CMurdoch
06-02-2020, 05:53 PM
Another good performance from Steph last night, I’d love to know how his stats for distance covered compare to the other players. Pity we don’t have another couple of players with his drive and energy. Hopefully Docherty will have the same impact.

Did really well last night.
Looks up to full match fitness.
Docherty, Omeonga and Newell in combination will see Hibs performances improve greatly and bring us back up towards the standards of the second half of the 2017/18 season.

All we need now is for McNulty to get himself up to speed and avoid injury to Hanlon, Newell, Docherty, Boyle and Doidge
I'm excited about the next league game.