PDA

View Full Version : Leith Walk Car park

Billy Whizz
01-02-2020, 05:46 PM
That’s what is was tonight, and it’s only going to get worse. Took me 30 mins from just over halfway down, to reach the Playhouse roundabout

DaveF
01-02-2020, 05:48 PM
It was terrible. For Saturday games I think I'll get the bus or train as that road is a joke.

Carheenlea
01-02-2020, 05:52 PM
That’s what is was tonight, and it’s only going to get worse. Took me 30 mins from just over halfway down, to reach the Playhouse roundabout

I left sharp as had to be up town for another engagement, but traffic wasn’t bad at all (jumped in a cab due to rain). Just shows you how many fans travel home via city centre, albeit I look to have luckily just beat the congestion.

tamig
01-02-2020, 05:52 PM

I’m not sure where you live Billy but I don’t understand why anyone would choose to drive near that roundabout at the moment.

Billy Whizz
01-02-2020, 06:01 PM
I’m not sure where you live Billy but I don’t understand why anyone would choose to drive near that roundabout at the moment.

Near Gyle, so usually when I get past York Place, I get a free run home via Western Approach Rd. Neec to try and find an alternative route, but there’s not too many available to me
Any ideas

tamig
01-02-2020, 06:19 PM
Near Gyle, so usually when I get past York Place, I get a free run home via Western Approach Rd. Neec to try and find an alternative route, but there’s not too many available to me
Any ideas

I work at the Gyle and live in Leith so drive it every day. Go along Annandale Street, East London Street, straight over roundabout at bottom of Broughton Street, turn left up Dublin Street, along Abercromby Place and Heriot Row. Turn left to join Queen Street at junction with Frederick Street and Bob’s your uncle. Cuts out all the Picardy Place and York Place nonsense and will save you a load of time.

Billy Whizz
01-02-2020, 06:22 PM
I work at the Gyle and live in Leith so drive it every day. Go along Annandale Street, East London Street, straight over roundabout at bottom of Broughton Street, turn left up Dublin Street, along Abercromby Place and Heriot Row. Turn left to join Queen Street at junction with Frederick Street and Bob’s your uncle. Cuts out all the Picardy Place and York Place nonsense and will save you a load of time.

Tamig, thanks I’ll give it a try
I’ll screenshot this, please delete it in case anyone else tries the same route😀

tamig
01-02-2020, 06:25 PM
I’ll screenshot this, please delete it in case anyone else tries the same route😀

Honestly, it will cut your journey time hugely. You can also go along McDonald Road and make your way along Bellevue to head to the bottom of Broughton Street. Then parallel with Queen Street until you join it after turning off Heriot Row. And the reverse if your heading to ER obviously.

stuart-farquhar
01-02-2020, 06:38 PM
Any ideas
Tram?

The Wireless
01-02-2020, 06:45 PM
Ha Ha can see 5,000 cars causing chaos next week on this route .😀:na na:

Jones28
01-02-2020, 06:47 PM
Honestly, it will cut your journey time hugely. You can also go along McDonald Road and make your way along Bellevue to head to the bottom of Broughton Street. Then parallel with Queen Street until you join it after turning off Heriot Row. And the reverse if your heading to ER obviously.

It would be a bit dangerous to reverse all the way to ER no?

Walter
01-02-2020, 06:56 PM

This 100%

I live southwest and worked for 16 years in the greenside area, that route works every time

overdrive
01-02-2020, 07:02 PM
Going Ferry Road > Telford Road > Queensferry Road > Drumbrae > Glasgow Road is also a time saver.

I live in Bellevue and my girlfriend lives in Corstorphine/South Gyle area and that’s the way I go when I drive rather than bus or training it

heretoday
01-02-2020, 07:09 PM
Bob’s your uncle

Fanny's yer aunt.

Ronniekirk
02-02-2020, 03:32 PM

I now get the train through from Paisley to avoid all that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tarrahib
02-02-2020, 03:54 PM
We go home on the 17.50 bus just made it in to the bus station as the north bus was loading up.No time for a snack.We will have to walk to the bus station for any future Saturday afternoon games.