PDA

View Full Version : St Mirren Fans

GreenCastle
01-02-2020, 05:42 PM
Decent noise from them in lower end especially in 1st half.

The sooner we move our singing section the better. Was wanting it lower FF but anywhere where there is more noise would help.

ABZHFC
01-02-2020, 06:03 PM
Yep, agreed on both counts! We are shooting ourselves in the foot by letting away supports of 500~ out-sing us every week

hibeerealist
01-02-2020, 06:11 PM
Not sure why our CEO does not see that, it is a strange one and she does not appear to be interested in looking at it again.

SquashedFrogg
01-02-2020, 06:12 PM
Yep, agreed on both counts! We are shooting ourselves in the foot by letting away supports of 500~ out-sing us every week

East was so noisy until a couple of years ago. Not sure why people moved away.

SquashedFrogg
01-02-2020, 06:12 PM
Not sure why our CEO does not see that, it is a strange one and she does not appear to be interested in looking at it again.

Yay, blame the club.

Bostonhibby
01-02-2020, 06:14 PM
Good luck to them, got a few ex work colleagues and friends who are buddies, up to us to beat them.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

SMAXXA
01-02-2020, 06:14 PM
Surprises me why we don’t do what others do and house the away fans as far away from the pitch as possible in the top tier

BoomtownHibees
01-02-2020, 06:15 PM
Surprises me why we don’t do what others do and house the away fans as far away from the pitch as possible in the top tier

Who else does that?

SMAXXA
01-02-2020, 06:16 PM
Who else does that?

Hearts, Motherwell, Celtic

ABZHFC
01-02-2020, 06:24 PM

Would hate for us to do that personally, think we should focus on our own support before we try and limit others. Better to have both ends making an atmosphere than none

BoomtownHibees
01-02-2020, 06:27 PM

Hearts and Motherwell both give us the whole end behind the goals

tamig
01-02-2020, 06:29 PM

Celtic? Top tier?

Weegreenman
01-02-2020, 06:37 PM
They were brilliant today and let’s face it maybe deserved to go back to Paisley with all three points.

Crab apple
01-02-2020, 07:06 PM
Why was the main entrance gate outside the West closed at the end of the game. Hardly a high risk game.

Helensburghhibs
01-02-2020, 07:09 PM
Why was the main entrance gate outside the West closed at the end of the game. Hardly a high risk game.

Seems the norm now I'm afraid. The clubs decision which makes no sense whatsoever. Same against United midweek which is utterly pointless as you can walk round unimpeded

CloudSquall
01-02-2020, 07:27 PM
I don't understand the stubbornness over the FF lower when it is empty each and every week.

It looks ***** on TV and I'd much rather Hibs shooting towards a singing / standing section rather than a sea of empty seats.

Since452
01-02-2020, 07:28 PM
I was in the FF lower today. Looked busier than normal. Hard to say when you're in the stand though

hibee_girl
01-02-2020, 07:29 PM
I was in the FF lower today. Looked busier than normal. Hard to say when you're in the stand though

It was a Hibs kids game today so it was busier than usual.

The 90+2
01-02-2020, 07:29 PM
How come we have to sit up the top of stands away but we let them pack behind the goal?

Since452
01-02-2020, 07:39 PM
It was a Hibs kids game today so it was busier than usual.

Ah so it was

dchibs
01-02-2020, 07:50 PM

This top of section 43.

Joe6-2
01-02-2020, 08:02 PM

East used to be the place!

Keith_M
01-02-2020, 08:04 PM
Decent noise from them in lower end escpially in 1st half.

The sooner we move our singing section the better. Was wanting it lower FF but anywhere where there is more noise would help.

They were really good.

I'm struggling to work out how moving a bunch of fans that didn't sing today would make them want to sing, though.

Maybe somebody could explain the exact science of that to me.

SquashedFrogg
01-02-2020, 08:05 PM
This top of section 43.

It was miles ahead of other grounds for atmosphere and was growing.

Then the place emptied. We used to have a drummer at home games. Now everyone else does except us.

hibsbollah
01-02-2020, 08:10 PM
I used to like going to away games and outsinging the home support. And even when a noisy away support came to ER you could be sure we would give plenty back. Front of the FF please.

DH1875
01-02-2020, 08:14 PM
Hearts and Motherwell both give us the whole end behind the goals

Hearts put other teams fans to the back of that stand and been to Motherwell a few times when only one tier open. To be fair it's not always the top and is sometime the bottom. Killie also put fans say the top/back of the stand (unless it's large numbers) Ross County also put us in the side stand a few times. Look at Utd away last week. Put us to side of the stadium instead of in the shed behind the goals.

Onceinawhile
01-02-2020, 08:16 PM
I don't understand the stubbornness over the FF lower when it is empty each and every week.

It looks ***** on TV and I'd much rather Hibs shooting towards a singing / standing section rather than a sea of empty seats.

Because nothing can be done for league games during the season.

Ive been on record many times defending the FFL, but I think the singing section needs to move down a block and the people in that block can fit into the rest of the FFL.

Keith_M
01-02-2020, 08:20 PM
Because nothing can be done for league games during the season.

Ive been on record many times defending the FFL, but I think the singing section needs to move down a block and the people in that block can fit into the rest of the FFL.

There was a survey on here the other day regarding which end section people thought they should move into. The options were 16, 20, 37 or 44/45 (IIRC)

I'm not sure if they've released the final results yet.

Jones28
01-02-2020, 08:22 PM

None of those clubs do that?

hibeerealist
01-02-2020, 08:23 PM
Yay, blame the club.

When there are quite a number of us believe that the SS should be behind the goals in lower FF (I am sure you have read all the arguments for this) and it is completely ignored then who can change it - the fans or the club?

Aye I do blame the management of the club

hibeerealist
01-02-2020, 08:24 PM
It was miles ahead of other grounds for atmosphere and was growing.

Then the place emptied. We used to have a drummer at home games. Now everyone else does except us.

We have a drummer were you there today?

Keith_M
01-02-2020, 08:28 PM
When there are quite a number of us believe that the SS should be behind the goals in lower FF (I am sure you have read all the arguments for this) and it is completely ignored then who can change it - the fans or the club?

Aye I do blame the management of the club

There were a few hundred fans standing in section 43 and there was hardly a peep out of them.

Couldn't they just have started singing if they wanted to? Or are you trying to tell us they're not allowed to or what?

:confused:

Keith_M
01-02-2020, 08:34 PM
Here's the link (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3FQ2JGK) to the "Since 1875" survey.

I'm sure they said this is in consultation with the club, so you can have your say on the available options for the proposed 'Singing Section' move

:aok:

ABZHFC
01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
It's got to be the East for me, there's not enough people willing to move from the top of the East to the FFL, so get the singing section back at the top of the East and get one stand rocking. Even that would be a big improvement on what happens now, where you have two groups trying to give it a good go, but the acoustics not really working for the FF lot, and the numbers not really favouring the East singers.

Safe standing in 44-45 would be great, but if it's not able to be implemented quickly, then just allow the singing section back to the top of 43, simple

judas
01-02-2020, 10:05 PM
Agree with OP. I liked the singers in the east. What about the west (southside)????

GreenCastle
01-02-2020, 10:08 PM
Are the results from the survey valid ? Maybe some Jambos or opposition fans voted ?

Saints really didn’t have loads but they made a very impressive noise.

It was like that group a few seasons ago in hospitality - made a decent noise.

The FF was busier today but still no where near full.

Hopefully something sorted for release of next season STs. Hopefully allowing folk who moved out FF upper to move back in.

Wouldn’t waste money on safe standing costs just move the group to another part of the group - maybe just add the flags and drums to 43 and hopefully that makes a difference - if the club are happy with the empty seat look in FF lower.

dmc1875
01-02-2020, 10:10 PM
Putting the singing section up the top corner of the FF has totally ruined the atmosphere. They must see that.

Iggy Pope
01-02-2020, 10:13 PM

Not go to these places much?

Helensburghhibs
01-02-2020, 10:49 PM
Putting the singing section up the top corner of the FF has totally ruined the atmosphere. They must see that.

It was there choice to move from the east. I applaud what they are trying to do but their numbers are not good enough to create an atmosphere. Most people who want to sing are in the east and that's where the drum needs to be

Silky
01-02-2020, 11:17 PM

Surprises me we don't just sing. At home. To try and back the team. I've heard louder morgues!

heretoday
01-02-2020, 11:38 PM
Decent noise from them in lower end especially in 1st half.

St Mirren fans should be punched repeatedly until they support Hibs.

Chuck Rhoades
01-02-2020, 11:46 PM
There were a few hundred fans standing in section 43 and there was hardly a peep out of them.

Couldn't they just have started singing if they wanted to? Or are you trying to tell us they're not allowed to or what?

:confused:

What is your problem against supporters trying to back the team (which is what the SS is FYI). What are you reasons for being so closed book and hoping this topic disappears?

NAE NOOKIE
02-02-2020, 12:23 AM
Tuesday night .... massively outsung by 2000 Dundee Utd fans. Saturday afternoon ... outsung by 4 to 500 St Mirren fans.

I just don't get folk musing over where the singing section should be when the evidence produced in game after game season after season at Easter Road shows the lower deck of the end stands works the best. The noise seems to project well and the fans making it are easily seen by everybody in the ground apart from the deck above them.

There is a load of waffle and mostly unsubstantiated nostalgia on here regarding the new east stand, the fact is that when the singing section was there officially you could hardly hear it most of the time ... yes the east is great when its packed under the lights and we are beating Hearts or the Huns, but the truth is that in normal circumstances the singing section being based there had very little impact.

It was worth trying, but sadly since 1875 being based in the FF upper hasn't worked and the singers left in the east cant even see them, never mind hear them, so is it any wonder they don't seem inclined to rush over and join them?

Never mind this current half hearted select a block pish. Empty the bloody FF lower like we should have done years ago sell season and walk up tickets for blocks not individual seats and invite anybody who wants to sing, shout, swear, bring a flag and anything capable of making a noise to congregate there. I guarantee you there will be at least 1000 in it at EVERY game and as time goes on it will become more and more popular.

Finally, lets stop this 'everybody can sing if they want to anywhere in the ground' nonsense in an attempt to blame the fans for the lack of atmosphere. There are about 10 grounds in world football where the whole crowd sings and chants at matches as a matter of course, the fact is that the most successful stadiums for atmosphere all have one thing in common and that's a dedicated 'end' where the most noisy and colourful fans are not just allowed to, but encouraged to, congregate.

The evidence for that and how effective it can be is so overwhelming it baffles me how anybody doesn't think its worth Hibs at least giving it a go, if they care at all about doing everything and anything we can to make a Hibs game worth being at atmosphere wise that is. I mean it's got so bad that there are actually folk on this thread imploring the club to stick 400 St Mirren fans up in the gods because they are embarrassing our home support .. I mean how pathetic is that?

Fans aside. How can anybody be so into football that they will work on a clubs board for nothing, which accounts for some of our directors. Be so into football that they will pay millions to buy a club, like our new owner. And yet be so willfully ignorant of the importance atmosphere has to a football club that they aren't moving heaven and earth to squeeze every ounce of it out of the club's supporters. People want to attend grounds with a great atmosphere, the better the atmosphere the better the players respond on the park. It baffles me as a lover of this game and this club why they can't, or worse refuse to, see it.

Green Diet
02-02-2020, 01:57 AM
Post of the year nae rookie. We need people like you in an official supporters role at the club. Passion and common sense. Very rare

GreenCastle
02-02-2020, 07:39 AM
Tuesday night .... massively outsung by 2000 Dundee Utd fans. Saturday afternoon ... outsung by 4 to 500 St Mirren fans.

I just don't get folk musing over where the singing section should be when the evidence produced in game after game season after season at Easter Road shows the lower deck of the end stands works the best. The noise seems to project well and the fans making it are easily seen by everybody in the ground apart from the deck above them.

There is a load of waffle and mostly unsubstantiated nostalgia on here regarding the new east stand, the fact is that when the singing section was there officially you could hardly hear it most of the time ... yes the east is great when its packed under the lights and we are beating Hearts or the Huns, but the truth is that in normal circumstances the singing section being based there had very little impact.

It was worth trying, but sadly since 1875 being based in the FF upper hasn't worked and the singers left in the east cant even see them, never mind hear them, so is it any wonder they don't seem inclined to rush over and join them?

Never mind this current half hearted select a block pish. Empty the bloody FF lower like we should have done years ago sell season and walk up tickets for blocks not individual seats and invite anybody who wants to sing, shout, swear, bring a flag and anything capable of making a noise to congregate there. I guarantee you there will be at least 1000 in it at EVERY game and as time goes on it will become more and more popular.

Finally, lets stop this 'everybody can sing if they want to anywhere in the ground' nonsense in an attempt to blame the fans for the lack of atmosphere. There are about 10 grounds in world football where the whole crowd sings and chants at matches as a matter of course, the fact is that the most successful stadiums for atmosphere all have one thing in common and that's a dedicated 'end' where the most noisy and colourful fans are not just allowed to, but encouraged to, congregate.

The evidence for that and how effective it can be is so overwhelming it baffles me how anybody doesn't think its worth Hibs at least giving it a go, if they care at all about doing everything and anything we can to make a Hibs game worth being at atmosphere wise that is. I mean it's got so bad that there are actually folk on this thread imploring the club to stick 400 St Mirren fans up in the gods because they are embarrassing our home support .. I mean how pathetic is that?

Fans aside. How can anybody be so into football that they will work on a clubs board for nothing, which accounts for some of our directors. Be so into football that they will pay millions to buy a club, like our new owner. And yet be so willfully ignorant of the importance atmosphere has to a football club that they aren't moving heaven and earth to squeeze every ounce of it out of the club's supporters. People want to attend grounds with a great atmosphere, the better the atmosphere the better the players respond on the park. It baffles me as a lover of this game and this club why they can't, or worse refuse to, see it.

Fully agree.

Well put and it’s basics - but the club frustratingly can’t seem to get the basics right at times.

Since452
02-02-2020, 11:32 AM
We don't use our own stadium to our advantage. Said it numerous times. Away fans should be in the top tier of the South stand or even better top tier of the West. Singing section should be right behind the goals in FF lower

Since90+2
02-02-2020, 11:47 AM
The survey is open to manipulation and if you want to obscure the results you easily can.

There is nothing to stop someone voting 200 times on their preferred outcome if they have a strong opinion either way.

It would only be a viable result if only those with a client reference number can vote and only vote once.

Since90+2
02-02-2020, 11:50 AM

Great post.

tamig
02-02-2020, 11:51 AM
Its a sad indictment of the modern era that folk need to debate about the location of a “formal” singing section. It will be ten years this year since the new East opened. Before that there was none of this chat. If you went to the East you sang and the rest of the ground would sometimes join in. I appreciate times have moved on but still find it a bit sad. And I’m not criticising the new stand. When we’re playing well and the fans are behind the team the atmosphere is fantastic.

Keith_M
02-02-2020, 12:03 PM
I complimented a small group of Saints Fans on the train back through to Glasgow yesterday on both the performance of their team and the atmosphere their Fans created.

Their comment on the home support was along the lines of 'why did the Hibs Ultras (their words) move to the upper corner of the stand behind the goals, when they used to make a fantastic atmosphere in the stand they used to be in'.

Why indeed!

Chuck Rhoades
02-02-2020, 12:06 PM
The survey is open to manipulation and if you want to obscure the results you easily can.

There is nothing to stop someone voting 200 times on their preferred outcome if they have a strong opinion either way.

It would only be a viable result if only those with a client reference number can vote and only vote once.

You can’t complete twice from the same IP address?

Antifa Hibs
02-02-2020, 12:15 PM
St Mirren fans always seem a good bunch. Pity they moved ground as I don't take the train as much to the new place but they were always sound in Paisley. Good lads and lassies.

Keith_M
02-02-2020, 12:15 PM
St Mirren fans always seem a good bunch. Pity they moved ground as I don't take the train as much to the new place but they were always sound in Paisley. Good lads and lassies.

:agree:

Anybody that chooses their local team over the Uglies deserves praise, especially when they're so close to Glasgow

Since90+2
02-02-2020, 12:36 PM
You can’t complete twice from the same IP address?

Yes you can , you just need to clear you cookies which takes about 5 seconds to do. I've just done it twice.

Hibbyradge
02-02-2020, 12:53 PM
What's the reason they don't put the family section in the upper tier?

I'd have thought it would be a safer location and would allow the singing section to move down.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-02-2020, 12:55 PM

The new ground is closer to a station than the old one!

NAE NOOKIE
02-02-2020, 01:27 PM
:agree:

Anybody that chooses their local team over the Uglies deserves praise, especially when they're so close to Glasgow

Absolutely agree. The St Mirren fans did their team proud yesterday and I have to say given what their manager was like as a player his team paradoxically try very hard to play fast passing football, which was pretty easy on the eye compared to some of the cloggers and time wasters we get at ER ... Hearts and Aberdeen take note.

If St Mirren play like that all the time I can see them having a bother holding on to Goodwin.

NAE NOOKIE
02-02-2020, 01:41 PM
Post of the year nae rookie. We need people like you in an official supporters role at the club. Passion and common sense. Very rare

Shucks, thanks mate :greengrin

My approach to this subject is simple. In my opinion football in its professional form should be a passionate, noisy and colourful experience for those who go to watch it and every club should have making that the case an absolute priority. It should be the first thing on a club's mind when it builds a new stadium or renovates an existing one. Far from 'accommodating' ultras, clubs should encouraging kids and young people to want to be like that.

When it comes to Hibs it shouldn't just be a case of hoping they will allow the FF lower to be what it should be. The club should be planning to put 2000 rail seats in there and absolutely begging the fans to fill it to its absolute maximum at every home game ... it should be selling 'FF Ultras' scarves and T shirts in the club shop and making public announcements in the stadium, programme and its media outlets that it wants a sold out FF lower ultras section every week, starting from next season. Build it, encourage it, and they will come :aok:

HendoDelivered
02-02-2020, 01:49 PM

Top post. Hope the club see this.

Keith_M
02-02-2020, 03:00 PM
What's the reason they don't put the family section in the upper tier?

I'd have thought it would be a safer location and would allow the singing section to move down.

There's two possible reasons: The lower tier isn't quite so steep, so maybe the club think it's safer for kids walking up and down the stairs; there's also a much larger inside area than in the upper tier, so more room for the activities they currently arrange for the kids.

Not in the know or anything, just supposition.

Keith_M
02-02-2020, 03:07 PM
So, I wonder what the view is on the following question.

On what basis do people believe that moving a group of people that didn't sing yesterday into the FF Lower would actually make them sing?

Perhaps there's some magical quality that I'm not aware of about the FF Lower that makes people (other than the families that currently inhabit it, obviously) burst into song.

:faf:

Steven79
02-02-2020, 03:29 PM
St Mirren fans always seem a good bunch. Pity they moved ground as I don't take the train as much to the new place but they were always sound in Paisley. Good lads and lassies.The new ground is only 0.7 miles from Love Street and is closer to the railway station.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk