PDA

View Full Version : Greg Docherty

Hibeesmad
01-02-2020, 04:42 PM
Looked very good when he came on. Excited to see what he can bring.

Diclonius
01-02-2020, 04:43 PM
Looked great.

Robbo6-2
01-02-2020, 04:43 PM
Excellent when he came on

Since452
01-02-2020, 04:44 PM
Very impressed

SideBurns
01-02-2020, 04:48 PM
Wish he could play at Ibrox, because on that display would be our best midfielder. Great young player, and whatever his allegiances he certainly gave everything today - took the game by the scruff of the neck, in fact.

calumhibee1
01-02-2020, 04:49 PM
Can we please sign him permanently.

Hibeesmad
01-02-2020, 04:50 PM
Can we please sign him permanently.

I would have no issues with a straight swap for Kamberi.

Wheat Hound
Chances of a swap deal with Kamberi at the end of the season?

sorryfolks
As ridiculous at it sounds considering he only played 30/35 minutes I thought he was our MOTM. Added much needed bite and urgency that had been lacking for an hour. Composed on the ball and made things happen. Looks a quality addition.

fishybeaver
01-02-2020, 04:51 PM
Baller!!

Smartie
01-02-2020, 04:51 PM
Really enjoyed his contribution today.

I was cynical about his signing but there is no need to be on that showing.

Hopefully he can keep on playing like that.

Not sure how we fit all these midfielders into a team.

Vault Boy
01-02-2020, 04:53 PM
Very good start. Quality player who will be big for us in the coming months.

truehibernian
01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
As ridiculous at it sounds considering he only played 30/35 minutes I thought he was our MOTM. Added much needed bite and urgency that had been lacking for an hour. Composed on the ball and made things happen. Looks a quality addition.

A fitter, younger, more skilful Dylan (in my opinion). Great signing :aok: (and Dylan is a lovely footballer)

gazzag70
01-02-2020, 04:56 PM
Would be more than happy if we could sign him up permanently. A straight swap for Kamberi would be a steal!

Bobby Moore
01-02-2020, 04:56 PM
He really was impressive, looked liked he wanted to be here. a good player

Hibee Mac
01-02-2020, 04:58 PM
Was straight in a shouting orders to the rest of them who were mostly jogging about in their own half, brilliant.

Like someone else said he tried to get the game by the scruff of the neck which we've missed dearly since McGinn left

truehibernian
01-02-2020, 05:01 PM
Needs a song a la SJM...........we need to make him feel part of the family :agree::greengrin get cracking young team :violin:

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-02-2020, 05:07 PM
Very good display. Felt a bit sorry for him as his introduction was quite muted compared to that of McGinn and McNulty but he impressed and should be a starter apart from obviously games against the Huns.

DH1875
01-02-2020, 05:08 PM
Think he's a brilliant player. Only problem is, more he plays and turns it on, less chance we have of getting him on a permanent deal.

B.H.F.C
01-02-2020, 05:08 PM
Looks like a proper midfielder and that’s something we lack.

Onion
01-02-2020, 05:10 PM
For a guy who's played little footie over the last 6 months, he did really well. Strong and calm on the ball and slotted straight into His system. Well done.

wookie70
01-02-2020, 05:10 PM
Great start - mobile, combative and decent on the ball.

DaveF
01-02-2020, 05:18 PM
Looks good, though for whatever reason the midfield did not create a thing in that 2nd half of note which was disappointing.

He was impressive though and will be a certain starter once fully fit.

Ronniekirk
01-02-2020, 05:20 PM
Was impressed

coldingham hibs
01-02-2020, 05:22 PM
Looked to have a very good attitude, him and Omeonga will do well together. McGinn also did well.

The Modfather
01-02-2020, 05:24 PM
Put the Nisbett money towards signing him permanently, and whatever else we can find. It’s only 35 minutes but it’s clear he’s still the player we saw at Hamilton and someone we should build the team around IMO.

Benny Brazil
01-02-2020, 05:31 PM
Impressed with him today

Heisenberg
01-02-2020, 05:33 PM
Looks good, though for whatever reason the midfield did not create a thing in that 2nd half of note which was disappointing.

He was impressive though and will be a certain starter once fully fit.

We basically had no midfield second half tbf. Went 4-2-4 got the ball forward as quickly as possible. Thought Docherty was good though and certainly an upgrade on what we’ve got.

Groathillgrump
01-02-2020, 05:44 PM
Thought he was great. I know he was only on the park for 35 minutes but he showed enough today to prove he'll be an automatic starter most games.

He comes across well in his Hibs TV interview. Seems a very driven young man and wherever his allegiances lie it sounds like he'll give 100 per cent for us as long as he's here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vAlNB6O-6s&feature=push-sd&attr_tag=TfruP_0PhiSl2Ccn%3A6

Bobby's Cinema
01-02-2020, 05:54 PM
Continually took the game by the scruff of the neck and drove past his man, really encouraging debut.

SquashedFrogg
01-02-2020, 06:04 PM
Impressed. Also quite quick.

Hibeewilly
01-02-2020, 06:31 PM
He is a class act.....well done Greg.....terrific attitude

hibee-boys
01-02-2020, 06:31 PM
Looked like everything you'd want from a midfielder, had an air of John Mcginn about him.

Johnny Clash
01-02-2020, 06:34 PM
Skilful, full of energy and a battler. Exactly what we need. Hope we can somehow keep him

Since452
01-02-2020, 06:36 PM
Considering it was his first game in a while he was excellent

Billy Whizz
01-02-2020, 06:38 PM
I’m hoping with the capture of Docherty, at least until the end of the season, will allow Newell to play a bit further forward
Excellent debut Greg

SquashedFrogg
01-02-2020, 06:42 PM
Looked like everything you'd want from a midfielder, had an air of John Mcginn about him.

Bang on. He's got something about him.

04Sauzee
01-02-2020, 06:46 PM
Personally thought he was absolutely rubbish, waste of a Jersey, looks like hes just going through the motions.

Just for any Hun looking in

aljo7-0
01-02-2020, 06:52 PM
Definitely a player. Like the fact that he made a point of applauding the fans at the end too.

marleyhib
01-02-2020, 07:02 PM
sign him

Tambo
01-02-2020, 07:57 PM
Have to say was very impressed with his performance, his first touch on the ball I thought he looked miles better than any of the centre midfielders we have had all season.

Looked disappointed at the end tho I have say.

Jdawg
01-02-2020, 07:58 PM
Looked very good when he came on. Excited to see what he can bring.

Looks strong, turn of pace, skilful, willing to drive forward, and good touch.

Excellent addition.

CMurdoch
01-02-2020, 08:23 PM
One in the eye for the many ignorant posters from yesterday.
Those that watch football outside the Hibs bubble knew how good a player Docherty was.
Thanks Defoe/Kamberi, you made it possible :agree:.

We could have a balanced midfield for the first time since it was was dismantled at the end of the 2017/18 season.
P.S. Joe Newell was also playing before he was forced off. We missed the quality of his set pieces after that.

Back to Docherty, strong and powerful, always looking to be on the ball, telling others what they should be doing, determined etc etc.
Come the summer Hibs should sign this guy unless the price is stupid. Shame it's not a loan with an option to buy at an agreed price.
Hopefully today's performance by Docherty has also put all the childish hun chat to bed.

P.S. if i'm being honest he was even better than I thought he would be, wasn't expecting him to be instructing his fellow midfielders in his first game and generally grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck

stoneyburn hibs
01-02-2020, 08:36 PM
He's a player, love it if we could perm him.

KingPat4
01-02-2020, 08:42 PM
I thought he was rubbish, never a player. We'll persevere with him Mr Gerrard if you keep Kamberi and gives us a million quid.

Carheenlea
01-02-2020, 08:46 PM
Impressed. Also quite quick.

Quicker than I was expecting. Really enjoyed watching him today and looks like a great fit for our side. Hard to leave him out and looks like he will be a first choice starter in the midfield.

Allant1981
01-02-2020, 08:57 PM
Good performance considering he doesnt want to be here according to a poster last night

Speedway
01-02-2020, 08:58 PM

His hair is fine as it is.

Keyser Sauzee
01-02-2020, 08:58 PM

No sure he’s got enough of a barnet but let’s give it a go.

Jonnyboy
01-02-2020, 09:02 PM
Very impressive. Was nice to see him applaud all three home stands at the end too :agree:

calumhibee1
01-02-2020, 09:03 PM
I would have no issues with a straight swap for Kamberi.

I’d have no issues with a large fee and Kamberi.

Since452
01-02-2020, 09:14 PM
Docherty for Kamberi straight swap

bigwheel
01-02-2020, 09:18 PM
Docherty for Kamberi straight swap

They won’t want Kamberi beyond this season

HendoDelivered
01-02-2020, 09:33 PM
Player. Would love him on a perm deal and wanted him here since the Hamilton days. We defo got the better deal, IMO.

AlbertK86
01-02-2020, 09:38 PM
Excellent debut.

The nearest we’ve had to SJM since he left.

Unfortunately I can’t see Sevco selling to us though.

Hopefully Ron shows his intent and Ross builds the team around him for the rest of the season.

Sounds very driven in his interview

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
01-02-2020, 09:51 PM
Excellent display

I also thought McGinn looked very elegant on the ball cool calm and collected in possession and when under pressure kept his head

I kept waiting on McNulty to be brought on late second half to give us more of a goal threat but my son had to point out to me he was already on :confused:

I can see The Rangers saying to us “here is Kamberi back thanks but no thanks and can we please have Docherty back?”

Hopefully we have a commitment to buy but still early days

Like every green bloodied Hibby I do not want to see Kamberi back at Easter Road......ever!

H18 SFR
01-02-2020, 09:57 PM
Excellent display

I also thought McGinn looked very elegant on the ball cool calm and collected in possession and when under pressure kept his head

I kept waiting on McNulty to be brought on late second half to give us more of a goal threat but my son had to point out to me he was already on :confused:

I can see The Rangers saying to us “here is Kamberi back thanks but no thanks and can we please have Docherty back?”

Hopefully we have a commitment to buy but still early days

Like every green bloodied Hibby I do not want to see Kamberi back at Easter Road......ever!

I agree with your positive comments re mcginn, however, I felt he only had one outlet ball in the shape of a ball over the top of the left full back which often became a 50/50 rather than a measured pass.

Criswell
01-02-2020, 10:02 PM
Certainly looks a player. Confident and assured on the ball.

BILLYHIBS
01-02-2020, 10:07 PM
I agree with your positive comments re mcginn, however, I felt he only had one outlet ball in the shape of a ball over the top of the left full back which often became a 50/50 rather than a measured pass.

OK?

Maybe too early to judge after only 45 minutes

Let’s see how his passing improves or diminishes in the hurly burly of a full ninety minutes in the SPFL going forward versus different opposition and in different situations

I am confident that based on his experience he will be just fine and prove to be an astute and valuable addition to our squad

It would have been great if his effort on goal could have resulted in a goal on his debut

Eyrie
01-02-2020, 10:09 PM
Very impressive debut.

H18 SFR
01-02-2020, 10:10 PM
I agree with what you are saying. Just need more game time. We've seen stunning debuts over the years which result in ziltch. K

Golden Bear
01-02-2020, 10:11 PM
Good performance considering he doesnt want to be here according to a poster last night

Best ignored.

JimBHibees
01-02-2020, 10:11 PM
Boy looked an absolute machine of a player. Quality.

Heisenberg
01-02-2020, 10:13 PM
He’s going to be one that we’re all desperate to keep in the summer. Don’t think it’ll be easy. He’s quality.

Unseen work
01-02-2020, 10:21 PM
Said when we signed him he’s a brilliant player and today he proved it, plenty more still to come from him.

For me, he’s as close as we can get to McGinn. Power, energy, bite and quality on the ball. I also really like his determination and will to win which you can feel a mile off.

Unfortunately I don’t think we have any chance of making it permanent, 2.5 years left on his deal, Rangers would want a big fee plus wages.

Wheat Hound
01-02-2020, 10:27 PM
I think our main hope is unfortunately if Flo excels and they end up wanting him permanently.

H18 SFR
01-02-2020, 10:30 PM
Boy looked an absolute machine of a player. Quality.

What did he do that made him a machine of a player? I'm struggling to see how he positively influenced the game in terms of the result, both in an offensive and a defensive manner. He had a steady 40 mins or so, but a machine?

Shrekko
01-02-2020, 11:46 PM
What did he do that made him a machine of a player? I'm struggling to see how he positively influenced the game in terms of the result, both in an offensive and a defensive manner. He had a steady 40 mins or so, but a machine?

Honestly? He was powering past players when given the chance and was really keeping things ticking over in midfield. Can’t remember him making a single mistake.

Always difficult with first impressions but I thought he looked noticeably very good indeed:

LaMotta
01-02-2020, 11:54 PM

:agree:

I have to agree with you. He had a decent debut but I'm worried people might be getting a bit carried away after less than a half of football for us.

I've seen threads like this before about guys like Slivka, Zarabi and Zoubir after 1 or 2 games. Lets give the guy a few games before throwing superlatives about.

JimBHibees
02-02-2020, 07:42 AM

Touch on the ball athletic and powerful. Two or three great runs with ball. Won the ball back and aggressive when out of possession. Looked to be commanding, looking for the ball and barking orders. Apart from all that, nothing. :greengrin

Of course it is his first showing with us but immediately looked exactly what we need and not had this season.

eastcoasthibby
02-02-2020, 08:09 AM
Very impressive. Was nice to see him applaud all three home stands at the end too :agree:

I noted that as well as did McGinn ...what does that say about the rest of our team, taken for granted fans and players that maybe think they don't need to show appreciation to the fans ...it's actually something that bugs me is the lack of appreciation from some of our players to the support ...most teams home or away seem to give more of a response to fans travelling or at home !!

eastcoasthibby
02-02-2020, 08:15 AM
Really liked what I saw from Docherty he showed a desire, pace, strength, composure a bit of flair and took the game by the scruff of the neck .. something we haven't had since SJM ....the lack of movement and support from quite a number about him ... He had 3 forwards ahead of him and all 3 just showed how they need to up there game in movement and work rate ...watched them if they made a 10 yard run didn't get the ball they stopped instead of showing again and being options ...
Wonder if a clause is in place to stop him playing on Wednesday ?
Good thing is that he isn't cup tied as well as he must be a starter for us in that central role from now on ..also if Scott Allan is struggling he looks like he can fill that role as well, as a natural central role ...will be a really good signing for next 3-4 months !!

calumhibee1
02-02-2020, 08:33 AM
I think our main hope is unfortunately if Flo excels and they end up wanting him permanently.

Mon the Flo :greengrin Hopefully he can bang in the goals for Rangers and then we will have something to work with.

BILLYHIBS
02-02-2020, 08:37 AM
I noted that as well as did McGinn ...what does that say about the rest of our team, taken for granted fans and players that maybe think they don't need to show appreciation to the fans ...it's actually something that bugs me is the lack of appreciation from some of our players to the support ...most teams home or away seem to give more of a response to fans travelling or at home !!

Anyone remember Budgie who used to give the fans a lap of honour just for turning up every game? :greengrin

“ McCoist you think your Billy Big Time ? Couldnae make it at Sunderland “

“Hateley, come into my box and I’ll break your back!”

A real character

Speedway
02-02-2020, 08:42 AM
“And once I spoke to Hibs I was itching to get it done.

“If you’d said Hibs to me at the start of the window this would have been in my thought process.

“It’s a great backroom team, a great structure and a great dressing room. This is a good platform for me to get games and I think I can strengthen this team.”

I wish all 23 year old Hibs players could articulate this well.

Hibby70
02-02-2020, 08:56 AM
I realised yesterday that who I thought was Greg Docherty was actually Ali Crawford!

JimBHibees
02-02-2020, 08:57 AM
I realised yesterday that who I thought was Greg Docherty was actually Ali Crawford!

:greengrin

scooby
02-02-2020, 09:05 AM
Really impressed with Docherty, not afraid to take his man on and hit the byline. A brilliant addition to the team.

PaulSmith
02-02-2020, 10:08 AM
One of these quotes that might come back and haunt me but I’d build a team around him.

Reminded me immediately of John McGinn in the way he drives forward, he has the physicality and the mentality to be a fantastic player.

I’d speak to Rangers now about a perm swap with Flo as I know who’s got the better deal.

The Baldmans Comb
02-02-2020, 04:39 PM
Surprised that Sevco let him go out on loan as you would have thought with all their games coming up he would be good cover in their middle even though he can't quite break in.

Maybe Hibs forced their hand as they had more urgent need of a loan striker back up.

Looks like he could fit in at any English mid table and above Championship side which is exactly where he will end up if his Sevco career time is up.

Hibs can't compete with these clubs.

Onceinawhile
02-02-2020, 06:17 PM
There was a bit not long after he came on when he was bawling at the team to get up the pitch and out of defence. Need more of that.

Very impressive, wanted on the ball, took players on and got stuck in. Good debut. Hope there's even more to come.

AlbertK86
02-02-2020, 07:03 PM
Really liked what I saw from Docherty he showed a desire, pace, strength, composure a bit of flair and took the game by the scruff of the neck .. something we haven't had since SJM ....the lack of movement and support from quite a number about him ... He had 3 forwards ahead of him and all 3 just showed how they need to up there game in movement and work rate ...watched them if they made a 10 yard run didn't get the ball they stopped instead of showing again and being options ...
Wonder if a clause is in place to stop him playing on Wednesday ?
Good thing is that he isn't cup tied as well as he must be a starter for us in that central role from now on ..also if Scott Allan is struggling he looks like he can fill that role as well, as a natural central role ...will be a really good signing for next 3-4 months !!

The lack of movement ( especially at throw ins) has been a problem for ages!!

The only person who goes to an actual space where an impact can be made on a regular basis is Scott Allan.

Even then our defenders dither in feeding him.

Lost count of the times Lewis has had possession and Allan has made a great run only for Lewis to turn back and play it backwards or sideways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Modfather
02-02-2020, 07:25 PM

Mon the Flo :greengrin Hopefully he can bang in the goals for Rangers and then we will have something to work with.

We could have had a midfield of Docherty and Kamara if Hibs had listened to us Callum! (spending Hibs’ hypothetical budget isn’t all that hard after all :greengrin)

The Modfather
02-02-2020, 07:28 PM
Hope we are already working in making Docherty’s deal permanent. Would go so far as to say if we had to sacrifice an Omeonga, McNulty or Naismith to make it possible to sign Docherty on a perm I’d do that. I genuinely think he’s as close to a ready made McGinn replacement as we can get, and someone we could and should build the team around. His 35 mins yesterday showed, to me, he’s still the player he was at Hamilton and the kind of unique player we are rarely able to get.

StirlingHibee
02-02-2020, 08:20 PM
Excellent yesterday - looks a very good player on that performance.

Diclonius
12-02-2020, 09:20 PM
The difference in our midfield before and after the signing of Docherty is staggering.

Hibeesmad
12-02-2020, 09:21 PM
Another impressive performance. Future captain material wherever he ends up.

calumhibee1
12-02-2020, 09:21 PM
Please can we keep him.

BoomtownHibees
12-02-2020, 09:22 PM
Go out and spend a bit of money to get him in the summer, enjoy him for a couple of years then he would be our next big money maker

truehibernian
12-02-2020, 09:24 PM
The new SJM - make it happen Hibs :aok:

MWHIBBIES
12-02-2020, 09:24 PM
Him and Slivka were very good.

Onion
12-02-2020, 09:26 PM
Brilliant all round performance tonight. Given how little football he's played before arriving at ER, his fitness, performance and fit with the team has been remarkable. Sadly, will be too good for us to keep come the summer.

Vault Boy
12-02-2020, 09:27 PM
Absolute player. Really hope we can keep him a bit longer, pure quality.

Bob Box Fish
12-02-2020, 09:29 PM
Hun at my work said today we are already in talks to make it permanent but rangers want close to the money they paid. Even £500k would be an investment IMO.

Hibeesmad
12-02-2020, 09:30 PM
Hun at my work said today we are already in talks to make it permanent but rangers want close to the money they paid. Even £500k would be an investment IMO.

If we were willing to spend the reported £400,000 on Nisbet then £500,000 on Docherty would be a no brainer imo.

Heisenberg
12-02-2020, 09:31 PM

If 500k would get him then we should be all over it. Rather spend the money we were going to splash on Nisbet on him. Wages would be an issue though and I fear he’ll get much better offers down south in the summer.

Bob Box Fish
12-02-2020, 09:31 PM
If we were willing to spend the reported £400,000 on Nisbet then £500,000 on Docherty would be a no brainer imo.

Docherty and Omeonga in the middle 😍

The Harp Awakes
12-02-2020, 09:34 PM
Brilliant performance and deserved MoM.

Onceinawhile
12-02-2020, 09:36 PM
Very good at the kicky ball.

IberianHibernian
12-02-2020, 09:42 PM
Him and Slivka were very good.Agree . Thought Slivka was outstanding tonight . Very weak opposition but Slivka`s performance suggests he would have stood out against stronger opposition too . Once Slivka went off , didn`t think there was any obvious MM - maybe Hanlon or Newell . As for Docherty , early days and only played against weaker teams so far .

mca
12-02-2020, 09:44 PM
Playing like this - stevie sevco will want him back in the summer..

EastThomasSTboy
12-02-2020, 09:45 PM
Very good at the kicky ball.

Docherty was Brill....however did u notice who werent playing.......

Bogdan,
Gray, McGregor, Porteous, Stevenson

James, Whittaker, Omeonga, Halberg, Mallan,

Murray, Gullan, Horgan.

We have the basis of an excellent Squad....best for some time methinks!!!:flag:

Brightside
12-02-2020, 09:46 PM
Best player outside the old firm. Said it years ago before Rangers got him. He’s an outstanding footballer and athlete. We are very lucky to have him.

Hibeesmad
12-02-2020, 09:46 PM
Agree . Thought Slivka was outstanding tonight . Very weak opposition but Slivka`s performance suggests he would have stood out against stronger opposition too . Once Slivka went off , didn`t think there was any obvious MM - maybe Hanlon or Newell . As for Docherty , early days and only played against weaker teams so far .

Ross got his tactics spot on tonight.

Speedway
12-02-2020, 09:49 PM
Docherty’s a real player. Very impressed.

PH91
12-02-2020, 09:56 PM
Agree . Thought Slivka was outstanding tonight . Very weak opposition but Slivka`s performance suggests he would have stood out against stronger opposition too . Once Slivka went off , didn`t think there was any obvious MM - maybe Hanlon or Newell . As for Docherty , early days and only played against weaker teams so far .

Funny how people see things differently, i thought slivka was very average tonight. His lack of aggression for a central midfielder really gets to me.

In Docherty though its great to finally have someone in the middle of the park with energy and aggression, someone who never gives the opposition any time on the ball. Not to mention being decent on the ball and able to drive with it. We have been crying out for that type of player since mcginn left. Id like to see him and newell in the middle together.

BILLYHIBS
12-02-2020, 09:59 PM
Never wastes a ball

Hibeesmad
12-02-2020, 10:06 PM
Ross's comments after tonight-

“Greg has been excellent from the first minute he stepped on the pitch against St Mirren.

“He’s been everything I expected he would be. I was fortunate in that I got to see him last season at Shrewsbury when we played them with Sunderland he was really good, he’s a good

player.

“He’s something we needed in the team and he has brought that to the squad and I think he is loving his football, too, which is terrific for me.”

Danderhall Hibs
12-02-2020, 10:07 PM
He’s like a super charged Fraser Fyvie. Excellent tonight.

BegbieHSC
12-02-2020, 10:08 PM
Get in talks with the Huns now before he impresses any further, and becomes unaffordable. Sure they’d take £500k.

hfc rd
12-02-2020, 10:11 PM
If 500k would get him then we should be all over it. Rather spend the money we were going to splash on Nisbet on him. Wages would be an issue though and I fear he’ll get much better offers down south in the summer.

This

Vault Boy
12-02-2020, 10:27 PM
Just a wee thing, but Docherty had pictures of him at Rangers on his Twitter account (profile and cover) which have been changed. Just a nice touch of respect from a loanee.

Clearly enjoying it. (https://twitter.com/lewisforfar/status/1227727654843015171?s=19)

MagicSwirlingShip
12-02-2020, 10:30 PM
Just a wee thing, but Docherty had pictures of him at Rangers on his Twitter account (profile and cover) which have been changed. Just a nice touch of respect from a loanee.

Clearly enjoying it. (https://twitter.com/lewisforfar/status/1227727654843015171?s=19)

Still got the pinned Tweet from when he signed for the Sevconians though. Few weeks we will have that down an aw!:greengrin