Looks like our previous issues have resurfaced

H18 SFR
01-02-2020, 01:59 PM
Same in FFL.

danhibees1875
01-02-2020, 02:01 PM

Looked worse.

They weren't even open. Just someone scanning your ticket with a gun.

They were going quite quick so there must have been some initial queue before I got there.

lyonhibs
01-02-2020, 02:40 PM
Were the stewards wearing flared trousers or baggy cotton jogging bottoms?

J-C
01-02-2020, 04:23 PM
I had no problem at all in the east.

CMurdoch
01-02-2020, 04:31 PM
In the East there were only 3 adult turnstiles plus the concession turnstiles open.
Once inside I saw an operative working on electrics above the concession turnstiles.
Big queues but were moving forward at good speed.

GreenCastle
01-02-2020, 04:38 PM
Shambles outside East close to kick off.

Poor queuing system and very slow to get in.

Several missed kick off

sorryfolks
01-02-2020, 04:59 PM
Can only assume there was a catastrophic failure of all turnstiles as none were open. Certainly not ideal but the queue when I arrived at 2:45pm took 2 minutes to get through. Suppose it was dealt with as best as possible at short notice.

Chuck Rhoades
01-02-2020, 05:43 PM

This was 3:08pm

https://i.ibb.co/q18Jzsz/C544-E4-B1-7745-432-C-BDBB-8-E69417-D69-CE.jpg (https://ibb.co/kcTmp8p)
https://i.ibb.co/BC5wSSJ/BC5-F74-F3-A0-A5-4-E1-E-B056-E8512840-D954.jpg (https://ibb.co/z4TN00g)

SquashedFrogg
01-02-2020, 05:51 PM
This was 3:08pm

https://i.ibb.co/q18Jzsz/C544-E4-B1-7745-432-C-BDBB-8-E69417-D69-CE.jpg (https://ibb.co/kcTmp8p)
https://i.ibb.co/BC5wSSJ/BC5-F74-F3-A0-A5-4-E1-E-B056-E8512840-D954.jpg (https://ibb.co/z4TN00g)

Not sure when the issue occurred but we turned up at 2.40 and got in no probs in the East.

Billy Whizz
01-02-2020, 06:02 PM
Not sure when the issue occurred but we turned up at 2.40 and got in no probs in the East.

Likewise me around 2.20

wallpaperman
01-02-2020, 06:43 PM
Me and my daughter were scanned fine in the FFL about 2.40.

erin go bragh
01-02-2020, 06:51 PM
Same in FFL.
We got in no problem but had issues early on in the season .

Hermit Crab
01-02-2020, 07:04 PM
Same in FFL.

Nah, that s always empty.

Ryan91
01-02-2020, 07:06 PM

I turned up probably 5 or 10 minutes after you, and none of the turnstiles from 43 onwards were operative and there was a large queue for the rest, fortunately there was a steward at the last set of exit doors kindly scanning everyone in, there was a bit of a queue forming and she advised that one of her colleagues was grabbing another scanner and would be there shortly.

There wasn't any communication on what the issue was or that there were large queues, if something like this happens in future, I'd hope that Stewards would communicate the problem.

Nicho87
01-02-2020, 07:06 PM
Only issue I have every week with the east stand is the time it takes to exit. Ridiculously slow. Design should have had an exit only stairs near the top to allow a quicker exit for middle to back row fans out quicker.

Billy Whizz
01-02-2020, 07:08 PM

Behave no need for that

Ryan91
01-02-2020, 07:22 PM
Only issue I have every week with the east stand is the time it takes to exit. Ridiculously slow. Design should have had an exit only stairs near the top to allow a quicker exit for middle to back row fans out quicker.

I've noticed that the stairs I normally go down are usually stationary for at least a couple of minutes whilst an older gent with limited mobility gets some help down the stairs, I understand that sometimes people need to get out the ground at a certain time because of factors outwith their control, but I do feel that perhaps this gent and those who help him ought to wait until the stairs are a bit quieter before leaving as that might help to ease some of the congestion.

Tambo
01-02-2020, 08:06 PM
Did have a problem at turnstile 33.

Hibs Class
01-02-2020, 08:53 PM
There was a supervisor outside the east just before 3, she said there was an issue caused by Ticketmaster having done an upgrade.

HibbySpurs
01-02-2020, 09:22 PM
There was a supervisor outside the east just before 3, she said there was an issue caused by Ticketmaster having done an upgrade.

🤣🤣 WTF sort of company in the business of ticketing does an upgrade to its ticketing software 10 minutes before an event starts! Mental!

Btw no issues getting in to FF at 2:45 today for me and the laddie.

tamig
01-02-2020, 09:45 PM

What is the point of this comment? Bizarre.

GreenCastle
01-02-2020, 09:55 PM

I sit pretty central and near the back - it does take ages to get out.

I rarely leave early but recently left a few minutes early and it’s a massive difference compared to standing and not moving for 5-10 mins.

Couple suggestions Kieran could maybe look into..

East Stand near disabled section only allows fans to exit one way.

If there was signage on concrete saying use both sides to exit this may spoilt the fans and exit quicker than just the stairs. Not sure if that’s well enough.

Eyrie
01-02-2020, 10:06 PM

I've been saying that for years.

Cod Boy
02-02-2020, 04:21 PM

The frustrating part is folk that leave early then stop and watch the game and don’t move as quick downstairs blocking the view for others.

Weegreenman
02-02-2020, 04:47 PM

Me either and I never have previously.

J-C
02-02-2020, 07:00 PM

I got there around the same time.

Keith_M
02-02-2020, 07:44 PM
I got there around the same time.

I arrived later than usual so I think it was about 2:50.

AFAIK, the turnstyle scanners stopped working and they had to switch to hand scanners.

Nicho87
02-02-2020, 08:11 PM
The frustrating part is folk that leave early then stop and watch the game and don’t move as quick downstairs blocking the view for others.

I’m row Cc centre block and it reaches 90 mins you know there is no point leaving your seat cause you ain’t moving any tome soon. We sat in west upper for United game just for a change and the exit time is crazy. With the east structure I still think they should look into building top stairs / exit only. God forbid there be an emergency it would be devastating

GreenCastle
02-02-2020, 08:37 PM
I’m row Cc centre block and it reaches 90 mins you know there is no point leaving your seat cause you ain’t moving any tome soon. We sat in west upper for United game just for a change and the exit time is crazy. With the east structure I still think they should look into building top stairs / exit only. God forbid there be an emergency it would be devastating

There is a way to make it quicker and it’s quite simple but would mean removing some seats.

Google the east stand - look at the exits.

They just need to remove the seats right above exits so fans can filter out both sides of exits / currently all it needs is one individual to stand still and also the whole process down near the bottom.

Stairs out the back wouldn’t be worst idea but would rather they sorted the tannoy and signing section before this.

Since90+2
03-02-2020, 07:31 AM
There is a way to make it quicker and it’s quite simple but would mean removing some seats.

They just need to remove the seats right above exits so fans can filter out both sides of exits / currently all it needs is one individual to stand still and also the whole process down near the bottom.

Stairs out the back wouldn’t be worst idea but would rather they sorted the tannoy and signing section before this.

That's a good idea. Don't think you'd need to to remove too many seats either.

Steven79
03-02-2020, 08:27 AM
Do hearts have problems with exiting their stands on both sides of the pitch as I see they only have 6 exists on each stand compared with 8 on our east.

Renfrew_Hibby
03-02-2020, 08:45 AM
Do hearts have problems with exiting their stands on both sides of the pitch as I see they only have 6 exists on each stand compared with 8 on our east.

I dont believe they do, but then the stands at Tynie were built with a filter system, our East stand wasn't. Easily fixed by removing some seats.

Keith_M
03-02-2020, 08:55 AM
I think they should knock down the East and bring back the terracing

Since90+2
03-02-2020, 09:08 AM

They can get to the exit at 2 seperate sides. At Easter Road it's just the 1 which is why it takes so long.

linlithgowhibbie
03-02-2020, 10:00 AM

I've been saying the same thing for ages, I'm in S43 row R and it does my head in how long it takes however if they were my seats I wouldn't like to be moved, same for the folk in the next row back above the exits, folk walking in front of them all game if you took these seats away.

Keith_M
03-02-2020, 12:45 PM
There's always an almighty rush in the East to start leaving at about 15 minutes from the end of the match, but they often end up just standing in the aisles, blocking people's view of part of the pitch.

Maybe the Stewards could help by moving people along if they're blocking the exits....although I wouldn't envy them that task.

GreenCastle
03-02-2020, 03:32 PM
There's always an almighty rush in the East to start leaving at about 15 minutes from the end of the match, but they often end up just standing in the aisles, blocking people's view of part of the pitch.

Maybe the Stewards could help by moving people along if they're blocking the exits....although I wouldn't envy them that task.

I sit near back but would drive me mad with folk getting in way that happens most games.

Stewards never do enough and don’t care.

Hearts do have issues in new main stand I believe leaving but the East Stand is one of the worst out of all the stadia I’ve attended due to design.

Since90+2
03-02-2020, 03:39 PM

It's not an almighty rush at 75 minutes that's an exaggeration however from about 85 minutes people do start to filter down. The reason for that is it can take forever to actually get out.

If they were to sort the exits to allow it to filter down both sides you wouldn't see as many folk blocking the stairs.

GreenCastle
03-02-2020, 03:41 PM
It's not an almighty rush at 75 minutes that's an exaggeration however from about 85 minutes people do start to filter down. The reason for that is it can take forever to actually get out.

If they were to sort the exits to allow it to filter down both sides you wouldn't see as many folk blocking the stairs.

This is true - people leave earlier as they know if they don’t get out they will be waiting 10/15 mins longer.

Scouse Hibee
03-02-2020, 04:21 PM
I tried the East for a cup game and was amazed at how long it took to get out at the end. I sit in the West Upper row HH and am out within minutes at the end of each match.

Keith_M
03-02-2020, 04:35 PM

Im going to take a foto next home game and check the time ;-)

Steven79
03-02-2020, 04:46 PM
I tried the East for a cup game and was amazed at how long it took to get out at the end. I sit in the West Upper row HH and am out within minutes at the end of each match.

Yeah I had a good seat in the East but the time getting out meant I just caught my train (especially in midweek even after legging it) so I switched over to the West.

What I lose in the view from the East is made up making sure I never miss the train.

CMurdoch
03-02-2020, 05:05 PM

By the time you exit from the top of the East the rest of the ground has been empty for some time.
Great view of the game so worth it.

Aim Here
03-02-2020, 05:13 PM
By the time you exit from the top of the East the rest of the ground has been empty for some time.
Great view of the game so worth it.

For most of the game. Living close to the ground, I wouldn't mind the long egress times (it's kindof amusing being the last punter out of the ground), but the annoying thing about the East Stand is that from about 80 minutes onwards, your view is perpetually interrupted by all the other folks walking past you to leave early, unless you've planned properly and picked a seat where that's not likely to happen. If I had a ST seat there, few months of that would get on my tits.

Johnny Clash
03-02-2020, 09:01 PM
The scanners seem unreliable. I had to scan my ST four times before I could get in. Not a disaster but sounds like they packed in completely shortly after I got in. I still think we should employ people at these gates rather than rely on temperamental machines. I hate they way everything’s gone automated whilst folk struggle to get work... even a few hours on the turnstiles would be appreciated by rakes of people.

Nicho87
03-02-2020, 10:09 PM
Said it before I’m middle block row cc in east, leaving a few mins early and escaping being stuck in saves me easily 30 mins travelling back to Dunfermline. Usually only leave when there is two or more goals in a game on 88ish mins.

I’d really like an exit stairs near the back to top of the east as an exit only.

Every week when I do stay until full time we are literally last ones filtering out stadium. It’s so slow.

jgl07
03-02-2020, 11:01 PM

No wonder it's always empty. No one can get in!

jacomo
04-02-2020, 12:10 AM

They’re worse. They are now misspelt.

Carheenlea
04-02-2020, 08:57 AM
It wouldn’t need to be a huge number to remove to provide two exit steps. Wouldn’t be a bad idea to trial run on one of them to observe what difference it makes.

https://i.postimg.cc/TwN66xkL/8-E40-F009-CC86-46-CB-A9-BF-85-FFB759-D784.png (https://postimages.org/)

GreenCastle
04-02-2020, 09:00 AM
It wouldn’t need to be a huge number to remove to provide two exit steps. Wouldn’t be a bad idea to trial run on one of them to observe what difference it makes.

https://i.postimg.cc/TwN66xkL/8-E40-F009-CC86-46-CB-A9-BF-85-FFB759-D784.png (https://postimages.org/)

Removing seats would help ease flow but not really fair on those who sit there plus would lower capacity.

It’s the middle sections that are worst as they are most populated.

Keith_M
04-02-2020, 03:12 PM
Removing seats would help ease flow but not really fair on those who sit there plus would lower capacity.

It’s the middle sections that are worst as they are most populated.

Bit of a bummer if you have people walking right in front of you for large parts of the game. Might as well write off the first and last 10 minutes of each game. There must be some way to solve this, though, as that's the design at other stadia.

Maybe only put those seats on sale if everything else is sold out, and offer a discount for restricted view?

:dunno:

Keith_M
04-02-2020, 05:52 PM
They’re worse. They are now misspelt.

I prefer my spelling

:greengrin