PDA

View Full Version : Jack Ross press conference

Hibbyradge
01-02-2020, 10:39 AM
I've just watched his interview yesterday and I found it quite revealing, not so much in what he says, but what he doesn't say.

For example, he was asked twice about Kamberi's attitude if the Rangers move collapses. On each occasion he completely ducked the question. He didn't take the easy way out and mumble something about Flo being a professional and would fully contribute etc etc.

That speaks volumes, imo.

I look forward to JRs interviews. He's clearly an intelligent man and he comes across as genuine and likeable. I am very optimistic about his time at Hibs.

I also listened to McNulty, Docherty and McGinn's welcome interviews and I'm very excited to have all 3 at the club.

It was good to hear that Omeonga is delighted that McNulty is back. That bodes well for a happy dressing room.

I got the impression that Docherty is open to staying longer at Hibs, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Paul McGinn's interview nearly had me in tears again when he talked about watching the team bus go down Leith Walk. It's also brilliant to learn that John still talks about that weekend and that he still watches all our games. Paul is instantly likeable just like his brother, and I think he's going to be a fine addition and a big fans' favourite.

I'm feeling very positive about the future with these guys at the club.

Hopefully this afternoon's game will reinforce that optimism.

Jim44
01-02-2020, 10:54 AM
I've just watched his interview yesterday and I found it quite revealing, not so much in what he says, but what he doesn't say.

For example, he was asked twice about Kamberi's attitude if the Rangers move collapses. On each occasion he completely ducked the question. He didn't take the easy way out and mumble something about Flo being a professional and would fully contribute etc etc.

I look forward to JRs interviews. He's clearly an intelligent man and he comes across as genuine and likeable. I am very optimistic about his time at Hibs.

I also listened to McNulty, Docherty and McGinn's welcome interviews and I'm very excited to have all 3 at the club.

It was good to hear that Omeonga is delighted that McNulty is back. That bodes well for a happy dressing room.

I got the impression that Docherty is open to staying longer at Hibs, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Paul McGinn's interview nearly had me in tears again when he talked about watching the team bus go down Leith Walk. It's also brilliant to learn that John still talks about that weekend and that he still watches all our games. Paul is instantly likeable just like his brother, and I think he's going to be a fine addition and a big fans' favourite.

I sometimes wish that managers were allowed to lift the veil of diplomacy and professionalism which they are bound by in their position. I bet they would have a few tales to tell. I think, between them, Lennon, Heckingbottom and Ross could fill a book about Kamberi.

KingPat4
01-02-2020, 10:56 AM

Blooming Happy Clappers, we'll lose 1-0.

:stirrer:

Hibbyradge
01-02-2020, 11:06 AM
I sometimes wish that managers were allowed to lift the veil of diplomacy and professionalism which they are bound by in their position. I bet they would have a few tales to tell. I think, between them, Lennon, Heckingbottom and Ross could fill a book about Kamberi.

It would be entertaining for us, but it would just open the door to full on, public slagging matches which would destroy dressing rooms.

ABZHFC
01-02-2020, 11:14 AM
I like Jack Ross’ interviews too, think he speaks honestly and is always looking to take positives from the good games, and doesn’t shirk talking about the negatives after defeats. It’s been a steady start but I’m hoping we can start a really good run of league form today. GGTTH

ABZHFC
01-02-2020, 11:20 AM
I like Jack Ross’ interviews too, think he speaks honestly and is always looking to take positives from the good games, and doesn’t shirk talking about the negatives after defeats. It’s been a steady start but I’m hoping we can start a really good run of league form today. GGTTH

pacoluna
01-02-2020, 11:51 AM
Lennon did, look what happened.

sleeping giant
01-02-2020, 11:57 AM
We need to let Paul be Paul and not just SJM's brother.

AgentDaleCooper
01-02-2020, 12:04 PM
We need to let Paul be Paul and not just SJM's brother.

my hope is that SJM's tenacity is a mcginn family trait, but i have no expectations about the rest of his game.

Sir David Gray
01-02-2020, 12:32 PM

These managers would never get a job if they did that.