PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Miller

Weegreenman
01-02-2020, 09:48 AM
FREE AGENT

Surely worth a punt until the end of the season?

ian cruise
01-02-2020, 09:50 AM
A season or so I'd have said yes but time has caught up with him. No shame in that, he's had a great career and played on a lot longer than most do at a good level.

hibbysam
01-02-2020, 09:50 AM
Heading to Kelty so I’m told.

Daydreamer
01-02-2020, 09:51 AM
Definitely wants to pursue his TV career but don't be surprised if he ends up at Raith Rovers through the Musselburgh connection.

tonyrougier123
01-02-2020, 09:52 AM
Lol why not,but im sure he would rather be getting a game.last ten to 15mins?

The only problem I have with that is it feels like he has swerved coming back to hibs at times.

Betty Boop
01-02-2020, 09:53 AM
Have his legs gone ?

we are hibs
01-02-2020, 09:54 AM
No.

Northernhibee
01-02-2020, 09:57 AM
Absolutely not.

He’s 40 years old and didn’t cut the mustard at a second tier team. Why would we even consider him?

04Sauzee
01-02-2020, 09:58 AM
God no

Heisenberg
01-02-2020, 10:00 AM
Is this a joke?

hibees 7062
01-02-2020, 10:43 AM
Heading to Kelty so I’m told.
Raith Rovers

Brightside
01-02-2020, 10:45 AM
FREE AGENT

This is why you weren’t allowed on last night.

calumhibee1
01-02-2020, 10:46 AM

:faf:

superfurryhibby
01-02-2020, 11:02 AM

:top marks

Weegreenman
01-02-2020, 11:51 AM
:greengrin

[QUOTE=underscore;6068947]This is why you weren’t allowed on last night.[/QUOTE

MWHIBBIES
01-02-2020, 11:59 AM
:faf:

Absolutely not.

vercol36
01-02-2020, 12:00 PM
Wid.

greenlex
01-02-2020, 12:02 PM
I take him. Six month deal. Decent cover . Our young players could learn a good bit about professionalism from him. Strikers could learn a lot about the art too. Win/win. If we can do it we should.

chrisski33
01-02-2020, 12:33 PM
id bring him as a coach esp to the youngsters.

The 90+2
01-02-2020, 12:37 PM
I take him. Six month deal. Decent cover . Our young players could learn a good bit about professionalism from him. Strikers could learn a lot about the art too. Win/win. If we can do it we should.

This. I always thought he would end his career here too.

California-Hibs
01-02-2020, 01:42 PM
I'd happily take him. He was on Sportsound a few nights ago saying he still feels the exact same as 5 years ago and he'd back himself in a fitness or sprint test against anyone.

Maybe I'm letting nostalgia creep in but I'd love him to end it where it started.

The guy is a model pro, has had an absolutely fantastic career, and still has a bit of Hibs in him with acts such as coming into our dressing room in 2016 to congratulate and also when on the radio etc always talks highly of us.

Player/Striker Coach deal and id be more than happy. We create far more chances than Partick Thistle and the guy would easily still do a job for us for 6 months I reckon. Again, his experience and presence around the club would be worth it alone.

Bring.The.Boy.Home

Steve88
01-02-2020, 01:45 PM
FREE AGENT

Hahahahaha....

Hahahahahaha..

Smartie
01-02-2020, 01:47 PM
I don’t think this would be that bad an idea at all.

We need another striker imo.

Hermit Crab
01-02-2020, 01:48 PM
Nope.

Speedway
I’d be in favour of offering him training facilities and see how he matches up versus what we’re looking for.

EAZY-ME
He would score goals and be an excellent squad player but not a regular starter

DH1875
01-02-2020, 02:10 PM
Kenny Miller: not good enough for the bottom team in the championship and folk on here wanting to sign him.
Flo Kamberi: Wanted and signed by the rangers from us and folk over the moon on here that he is gone as not good enough for us.

One released by Thistle. One signed by rangers. We'd rather the 40 year old free agent lol.

lyonhibs
01-02-2020, 02:36 PM
Sweet baby Jesus, that ship sailed about 3 years ago.

No nae no 1 thousand times no.

neil7908
01-02-2020, 03:56 PM
Even if he was on a pay as you play I wouldn't take him. Rather give Gullan a chance.

Wilson
01-02-2020, 03:57 PM
Even if he was on a pay as you play I wouldn't take him. Rather give Gullan a chance.

Depends. How much is he paying...

One Day
02-02-2020, 09:19 AM
A season or so I'd have said yes but time has caught up with him. No shame in that, he's had a great career and played on a lot longer than most do at a good level.

Agree with you there. Maybe 2/3 years ago. He should prob retire gracefully

Daydreamer
04-02-2020, 05:23 PM
Kenny Millar off to Australia.

The 90+2
04-02-2020, 05:26 PM
Kenny Millar off to Australia.

Good luck to him. He will suit the pace of the game.

Winston Ingram
04-02-2020, 05:41 PM
He’s going to Kelty Hearts

Sammy7nil
04-02-2020, 09:43 PM
He’s going to Kelty Hearts

Do they play in Australia:confused:

NAE NOOKIE
04-02-2020, 11:53 PM
To be fair the lad has always kept himself fit. It can't have been more than 10 years ago that he vaulted over an advertising hoarding and gleefully flung himself into the massed bigots behind the south stand goals after scoring against Hibs, many younger players would have struggled with that level of physical ability.

Or to put it another way ... he can get tae **** :aok:

heretoday
05-02-2020, 01:22 AM
I can't see Jack Ross going for this idea.

Since452
05-02-2020, 05:31 AM
Kenny just can't let go. He needs to hang up his boots

hibee316
05-02-2020, 06:02 AM

What an odd thing to say.

He obviously loves playing and there are teams who still believe he can do a job.

In a nation full of fat barstewards, people like him are a role model for keeping yourself fit!

Since452
05-02-2020, 07:01 AM
What an odd thing to say.

He obviously loves playing and there are teams who still believe he can do a job.

In a nation full of fat barstewards, people like him are a role model for keeping yourself fit!

Not really that odd. He's going from one club to another and not contributing much

HFC93
05-02-2020, 07:15 AM

Every time I've seen him play for Partick on the telly he's looked OK and is still scoring goals. So if he's still enjoying it then why quit? Good on him.

The 90+2
05-02-2020, 07:31 AM
Not really that odd. He's going from one club to another and not contributing much

Neither is Conor Salmon, he’s still years younger too.

Waxy
05-02-2020, 07:37 AM
We’d be far better throwing in a younger player than playing KM.

jacomo
05-02-2020, 07:43 AM

I really admire top players - and Kenny defers to very few players in his career - who just keep on playing even as their physical ability declines.

He should play as long as he wants to in my view... but not at Hibs.

SquashedFrogg
05-02-2020, 07:55 AM

The guy likes playing football. Nothing wrong with that.

Anthony Soprano
05-02-2020, 08:22 AM
Delete

easty
05-02-2020, 08:24 AM
Every time I've seen him play for Partick on the telly he's looked OK and is still scoring goals. So if he's still enjoying it then why quit? Good on him.

How often have Patrick been on tv???

HFC93
05-02-2020, 10:49 AM
How often have Patrick been on tv???

They’ve featured pretty regularly on the new BBC Scotland channel this season, which shows Championship games. The also played Celtic on TV in the Scottish Cup about three weeks ago. I watch a lot of football on TV.

Since452
06-02-2020, 02:50 PM
Confirmed on Twitter he's retired. Was a shame seeing him in the lower leagues. What a brilliant career he's had. Scottish football legend and glad he started with us

California-Hibs
06-02-2020, 02:54 PM
So, Kenny Miller has announced his retirement, at the age of 40. What a career the guys had, and it all started at Hibs! 😁
Derby game goals, Champions League goals, Premier League, International goals against the likes of England, Germany, Italy etc.
A total model pro athlete and example in how to look after yourself 👏

wallpaperman
06-02-2020, 05:00 PM
So, Kenny Miller has announced his retirement, at the age of 40. What a career the guys had, and it all started at Hibs! 😁
Derby game goals, Champions League goals, Premier League, International goals against the likes of England, Germany, Italy etc.
A total model pro athlete and example in how to look after yourself 👏

Agreed. If the story is true that he came into the Hibs dressing room after the 2016 final to say well done, deserves huge kudos for that.

Lancs Harp
06-02-2020, 05:22 PM
A good pro Kenny Miller. Was rangers best player on that infamous day too and of course started his long career at Easter Road. Looked after himself no mean feat playing professional football at 40 and was a reliable performer for Scotland (and im English 😀).

I met him briefly in London (think he was playing for Derby at the time) Had time for a quick hello and exchange the sort of thing thats no big deal but as a football fan leaves you feeling good and thinking "hes all right Kenny Miller"

I wish him well in his playing retirement. One of footballs good guys for me despite the rangers bit.

Smartie
06-02-2020, 05:25 PM
There’s always something a wee bit sad about a player who has played for yonks calling it a day.

I was only a youngster myself when he started out.

B.H.F.C
06-02-2020, 05:43 PM
Agreed. If the story is true that he came into the Hibs dressing room after the 2016 final to say well done, deserves huge kudos for that.

It is true, you see him do it on the DVD.

The 90+2
06-02-2020, 05:51 PM
There’s always something a wee bit sad about a player who has played for yonks calling it a day.

I was only a youngster myself when he started out.

Remember the night he scored the overhead kick winner in Dundee. 18:05 match, first year I had a season ticket. Sure he scored in the last game of the season in his last match too (Aberdeen maybe). Possibly the last game in the old West too?

KingPat4
06-02-2020, 05:59 PM
He left us too early. Should have given it another year. We had Sauzee and Latapy at the time.

Smartie
06-02-2020, 07:05 PM
Remember the night he scored the overhead kick winner in Dundee. 18:05 match, first year I had a season ticket. Sure he scored in the last game of the season in his last match too (Aberdeen maybe). Possibly the last game in the old West too?

I remember there being an article about him being presented with a painting for scoring the last goal “doon the slope” and he looked pretty chuffed.

He was a hun within days iirc.

I remember my flat mate telling me he was going to Rangers, he was a news reporter and the sports team there had the story. I was pretty gutted, but it was a feeling I was to get used to over the next few years.

In spite of him becoming a real Rangers man I could never dislike Kenny Miller. He was a good player for us, got us a decent fee and I always liked his wholehearted approach to playing for Scotland.

jacomo
06-02-2020, 08:39 PM
I remember there being an article about him being presented with a painting for scoring the last goal “doon the slope” and he looked pretty chuffed.

I remember my flat mate telling me he was going to Rangers, he was a news reporter and the sports team there had the story. I was pretty gutted, but it was a feeling I was to get used to over the next few years.

In spite of him becoming a real Rangers man I could never dislike Kenny Miller. He was a good player for us, got us a decent fee and I always liked his wholehearted approach to playing for Scotland.

Always had a feeling he’d return to us one day. Ah well.

The 90+2
06-02-2020, 08:59 PM

Me too, I always thought he would finish here. I was in France during Euro 2000 when I heard on a school trip. Sure it was a day or a day after the Portugal France game where Portugal had about 6 players sent off and France scored a pen.

He was in the new west all the time when he was at Wolves when they weren’t playing.

Always mind his goals against the old firm that season and the third at Tynie also remember him screaming at Russell to play him in, in the semi at Hampden, Russell ignored him and scored himself 😁. Always felt sorry for Tambo because he was never as good.

The 90+2
06-02-2020, 09:01 PM
He left us too early. Should have given it another year. We had Sauzee and Latapy at the time.

He followed his dream and got us £2m for half a season of full starts. I wish he stayed longer too.

SideBurns
06-02-2020, 09:13 PM
An absolute model professional, and a perfect example to any laddie who wants to make the most of his ability. Honest, fair pundit too.

I wish Kenny all the best.

Carheenlea
06-02-2020, 09:17 PM
Kenny Miller is a pretty good egg - looked after himself and forged a long and fine career as a player.

Dashing Bob S
06-02-2020, 09:42 PM
Might as well bring back Jim O’Rourke and Ralph Callaghan.

Some people...

Scouse Hibee
06-02-2020, 10:10 PM
That’s one less ex player for the annual bring him back chat.

DetroitHibs
07-02-2020, 04:26 AM
I was in Kenny’s company a few times over the years and he was a class act. I have him to thank for introducing me to aromatic crispy duck from some Chinese joint in the west end. Great lad, wish him all the best.

hibsbollah
07-02-2020, 08:52 AM
I was thinking about one game in particular when I was with pals in the old wooden west terracing for a night game, against Old Rangers, Kenny was upfront and scored 2 only for the huns to equalise near the end, 2-2 draw. I had a look at the archive and was amazed that it was almost 20 years ago to the day, half his lifetime ago, 8th February 2000, and Kenny was just 20. He was a totally different player then, superfast but skinny and looked like a breath of wind would blow him over. But he was far too much for the huns to handle and you knew he would go on to a great career. 18 interntaional goals is nothing to be sniffed at either. Happy retirement:agree:

Since452
07-02-2020, 08:56 AM
I remember whe he played for Scotland in his prime and thinking how good he was. Ran himself ragged for whatever jersey he wore. One of the few ex Rangers players I have the upmost respect and admiration for

Sylar
07-02-2020, 08:59 AM
A consumate professional, whichever top he had on. Gave 100% for every jersey and one of the best to don a Scotland shirt in recent times.

Wonder if he'll pursue a full managerial appointment now - I'm sure he's learned a fair bit since his failure to launch at Livi.

EAZY-ME
07-02-2020, 10:18 AM
Model professional that turned his back on hibs days after signing a new deal

Barman Stanton
07-02-2020, 11:31 AM

We got 2M for him. You think Hibs would have rejected that even if Miller wanted to stay?

The 90+2
07-02-2020, 11:48 AM

He signed a new deal so we could get better money for him.

Peevemor
07-02-2020, 11:49 AM
He signed a new deal so we could get better money for him.

That's how I remember it.

green day
07-02-2020, 12:00 PM

Its not really surprising that footballers sign for clubs that pay them the most, in order to safeguard their future.

However in this case, I think you might find that KM also did "the right thing" by Hibs as well.

This is a guy who congratulated Hibs players after the cup final, didnt buy into the narrative of "all Huns got a doing" and has always conducted himself really well off the pitch.

An all round good guy, imo

The Baldmans Comb
07-02-2020, 12:06 PM

He signed a new contract precisely because that gave him a huge signing on fee but far more importantly Hibs then commanded the transfer fee which was £2 million more than the hee haw we got for say Riordan.

Exciting young players don't sign contracts to stay at a club, they sign because they are very soon leaving and the parent club then gets a huge fee for a contacted player rather than next to nothing for a player with only a few months left.

A model pro and think it was away to Stranraer where he scored his first ever Hibs goal.

AndyM_1875
07-02-2020, 12:13 PM
I've a huge amount of time for Kenny Miller. Great professional. Always worked hard and led the line for Scotland which was at times a thankless task. Even when I saw him come off injured playing for Rangers at Easter Road a couple of years back it was apparent the crowd felt for him and he got no booing and some applause. I'd like to hope he may pull on the Hibs jersey again in a testimonial game perhaps.

Barman Stanton
07-02-2020, 12:18 PM
Had a big part in one of my favorite derbies, the 3-0 millennium game. Also showed his class in coming into the changing rooms after the cup final to congratulate the team. A shame he never ended up back at Hibs at some stage.

penihibs
07-02-2020, 12:53 PM
Had a big part in one of my favorite derbies, the 3-0 millennium game. Also showed his class in coming into the changing rooms after the cup final to congratulate the team. A shame he never ended up back at Hibs at some stage.
Absolutely quality goal that night and celebration,God luck to him.

Since452
07-02-2020, 01:05 PM
Mental to think I'm a grown man of 36 with a wife and kids and he was playing for Hibs when I was still at school. Only just retired

lyonhibs
07-02-2020, 08:05 PM
I was thinking about one game in particular when I was with pals in the old wooden west terracing for a night game, against Old Rangers, Kenny was upfront and scored 2 only for the huns to equalise near the end, 2-2 draw. I had a look at the archive and was amazed that it was almost 20 years ago to the day, half his lifetime ago, 8th February 2000, and Kenny was just 20. He was a totally different player then, superfast but skinny and looked like a breath of wind would blow him over. But he was far too much for the huns to handle and you knew he would go on to a great career. 18 interntaional goals is nothing to be sniffed at either. Happy retirement:agree:
If it's the one I'm thinking off, at half time one if the Rangers cbs, either Amoroso or Moore, pointedly switched sides because Miller had absolutely rag dolled them the whole first half.