PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: GREG DOCHERTY CHECKS IN!

RSS Bot
31-01-2020, 09:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10532)

31-01-2020, 09:23 PM
Welcome to Hibs Greg.

The 90+2
31-01-2020, 09:26 PM
Welcome. Best non old firm signing of the season.

Bostonhibby
31-01-2020, 09:27 PM
Happy with this, especially with Kamberi being the makeweight in the deal, we should gain more than we've lost.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Joe6-2
31-01-2020, 09:29 PM
Welcome Greg

BH Hibs
31-01-2020, 09:29 PM
Meanwhile Florian Kamberi can **** right off with his hun loving pish

Lago
31-01-2020, 09:37 PM
What a classy you man, modest well thought out statement, unlike Kamberi.

hfc rd
31-01-2020, 09:42 PM
Welcome to Hibs Greg!

IberianHibernian
31-01-2020, 09:54 PM
So we pay part of the wages of GD for a few months so The Rangers can sign other players ? Meanwhile they take Kamberi off our hands for a few months . No other clubs interested in Kamberi ? What about Polish clubs who were rumoured to be interested ? No other midfield options without involving Rangers and Docherty ?

greenlex
31-01-2020, 09:58 PM
So we pay part of the wages of GD for a few months so The Rangers can sign other players ? Meanwhile they take Kamberi off our hands for a few months . No other clubs interested in Kamberi ? What about Polish clubs who were rumoured to be interested ? No other midfield options without involving Rangers and Docherty ?
We’ve been trying to get Docherty all window. Also who do you think will be on the bigger wage? Kamberi or Docherty?

Jim44
31-01-2020, 09:59 PM
What a classy you man, modest well thought out statement, unlike Kamberi.

Sounds a decent guy and I wish him well.

On the other hand, the Kamberi one is one of the oddest loan deals I’ve come across. As in most cases, players going out on loan would probably have preferred to be playing for their parent club or at least going out on loan to further their careers for a successful return to their parent club. I would be surprised if there wasn’t a wee bit reluctance on Docherty’s part to leave Ibrox temporarily but he probably sees the long term value in the move. On the other hand, Kamberi’s move was undoubtedly Kamberi driven by dissatisfaction with life at ER, arrogance and contempt for his colleagues. He has burned his boats with Hibs and, although he will probably work his guts out to stay at Rangers and succeed, any return is out of the question and in that unlikely scenario, Hibs will lose out by having to sell him at a knockdown price.

superfurryhibby
31-01-2020, 10:03 PM
Sounds a decent guy and I wish him well.

On the other hand, the Kamberi one is one of the oddest loan deals I’ve come across. As in most cases, players going out on loan would probably have preferred to be playing for their parent club or at least going out on loan to further their careers for a successful return to their parent club. I would be surprised if there wasn’t a wee bit reluctance on Docherty’s part to leave Ibrox temporarily but he probably sees the long term value in the move. On the other hand, Kamberi’s move was undoubtedly Kamberi driven by dissatisfaction with life at ER, arrogance and contempt for his colleagues. He has burned his boats with Hibs and, although he will probably work his guts out to stay at Rangers and succeed, any return is out of the question and in that unlikely scenario, Hibs will lose out by having to sell him at a knockdown price.

Kamberi can work as hard as he likes, I can’t see it making any difference to the fact that he is really pretty gash. Career set to nosedive imo.

IberianHibernian
31-01-2020, 10:17 PM
We’ve been trying to get Docherty all window. Also who do you think will be on the bigger wage? Kamberi or Docherty?Why would we be after Docherty for a few months loan deal when we`ve had since early September to look for cheaper and better alternatives plus option of giving our own younger players like F Murray a chance ? Easy solution to get rid of possibly problematic Flo till end of season if Huns want him but that doesn`t mean we have to sign Docherty .

Heisenberg
31-01-2020, 10:19 PM
Why would we be after Docherty for a few months loan deal when we`ve had since early September to look for cheaper and better alternatives plus option of giving our own younger players like F Murray a chance ? Easy solution to get rid of possibly problematic Flo till end of season if Huns want him but that doesn`t mean we have to sign Docherty .

Docherty is a better player than Murray. He’s probably better than Hallberg and Slivka too.

greenlex
31-01-2020, 10:20 PM
Why would we be after Docherty for a few months loan deal when we`ve had since early September to look for cheaper and better alternatives plus option of giving our own younger players like F Murray a chance ? Easy solution to get rid of possibly problematic Flo till end of season if Huns want him but that doesn`t mean we have to sign Docherty .
You’d better ask to ask Jack Ross. That’s what he said.

Docherty is a very good player who will give us better balance and dig in that area of the pitch.

IberianHibernian
31-01-2020, 10:27 PM
Docherty is a better player than Murray. He’s probably better than Hallberg and Slivka too.I haven`t seen enough of Docherty or Fraser M to know who`s better now as both seem to have had limited game time this season .

HendoDelivered
31-01-2020, 10:30 PM
Delighted with this btw. Can he play tomorrow?

Brightside
31-01-2020, 10:32 PM
Our best signing of the season. It’s been 5 years coming

tamig
31-01-2020, 10:54 PM
I haven`t seen enough of Docherty or Fraser M to know who`s better now as both seem to have had limited game time this season .

Docherty has proven his ability in this league already. He’s a better player than Murray imo.

calumhibee1
31-01-2020, 10:55 PM
Docherty has proven his ability in this league already. He’s a better player than Murray imo.

Docherty is miles ahead of Murray. :agree:

The 90+2
31-01-2020, 10:59 PM

Yep. He’s genuinely a tremendous signing.

The 90+2
31-01-2020, 11:00 PM
Our best signing of the season. It’s been 5 years coming

Again, yep. Like I said best signing outside the old firm.

RIP Bestie
01-02-2020, 12:03 AM
I would hope that we have already agreed a fee with Rangers should they choose to make the move permanent at the end of the loan period.
Clearly after his comments tonight it will be very difficult for him to come back here which makes our negotiation stance very tricky when the time comes if we haven't.
Kamberi is a devious ******* and should never be welcomed back at ER and I fear that our club could be the losers here.

Vault Boy
01-02-2020, 12:05 AM
Welcome Greg. Can't ******* wait to see you playing next to Omeonga.

Smartie
01-02-2020, 12:09 AM
There's no way this leads to a permanent signing.

He's putting himself in the shop window for a decent move in the summer otherwise he toughs it out at Ibrox.

Docherty doesn't really want to be at Hibs. Not saying he won't be a good player for us (I think he will) or that the signing isn't worthwhile. This is the kind of quality signing we should be making to bolster an area of an already strong squad to take it from good to great. This takes us from very average to half-decent before having to rebuild again in the summer, probably having spend a decent chunk of cash on this 6 month deal.

Diclonius
01-02-2020, 12:26 AM
Docherty doesn't really want to be at Hibs.

I keep hearing this despite no reputable source to back it up. Is the implication that because he's contracted to Rangers he doesn't want to be here?

I hope he does great and we make him a really good offer to come back next season.

Vault Boy
01-02-2020, 12:28 AM
I keep hearing this despite no reputable source to back it up. Is the implication that because he's contracted to Rangers he doesn't want to be here?

I hope he does great and we make him a really good offer to come back next season.

It's nonsense. He had options in England but he chose to come here.

The 90+2
01-02-2020, 12:37 AM

He's putting himself in the shop window for a decent move in the summer otherwise he toughs it out at Ibrox.

Docherty doesn't really want to be at Hibs. Not saying he won't be a good player for us (I think he will) or that the signing isn't worthwhile. This is the kind of quality signing we should be making to bolster an area of an already strong squad to take it from good to great. This takes us from very average to half-decent before having to rebuild again in the summer, probably having spend a decent chunk of cash on this 6 month deal.

I would agree with all of this apart from spending cash on the deal. I don’t think with Kamberi moving west this will cost the club much at all. If we get a hungry player for the next few months instead of a fanny acting like a stroppy prick in Kamberi it’s a great bit of business. He’s a fantastic midfielder and I would genuinely rather have him than McGeough.

JJP
01-02-2020, 12:44 AM
Delighted to have Greg at the club even if it is only a short stay. I had hoped we would sign him when SJM left but glad to have him here now.

HoboHarry
01-02-2020, 12:54 AM

Smartie has your account been hacked? I don't remember you ever being this negative?

Allant1981
01-02-2020, 06:33 AM

So had options to go down south but chose to come to hibs but you reckon he doesnt want to be here, very good

lyonhibs
01-02-2020, 06:36 AM
Here's hoping he has decidedly more of an impact than the last young Scottish midfielder to come in on loan from that Cesspit. Their comparative careers to date indicates that this should be the case though.

MWHIBBIES
01-02-2020, 07:14 AM
Unless he does well and stays long term or he contributes to us winning the cup this really isn't a good deal. He wants to get into Rangers team, he's one of them. I can't see us keeping him and Kamberi won't and shouldn't ever play for Hibs again.

Honestly quite disappointed with this. Nothing against Docherty but it does nothing for us long term.

BILLYHIBS
01-02-2020, 07:19 AM
I would rather we just didn’t deal with The Rangers tbh

Horrible horrible club

:dunno:

tonyrougier123
01-02-2020, 07:25 AM
Nice,to hear greg say that he always wanted to play for hibs and told his agent as much "best supporters in the world".good lad greg.👍😎💚

hibbysam
01-02-2020, 08:00 AM
Unless he does well and stays long term or he contributes to us winning the cup this really isn't a good deal. He wants to get into Rangers team, he's one of them. I can't see us keeping him and Kamberi won't and shouldn't ever play for Hibs again.

Honestly quite disappointed with this. Nothing against Docherty but it does nothing for us long term.

January windows are very rarely about long term though. Kamberi has shown his true attitude with his quotes last night, so if getting rid of him long term improves the morale around the place then all the better. Ross will rebuild in the summer, right now it was a case of getting us through to the summer, but also being solid enough to challenge Aberdeen if they fall to bits, and I think we have done that.

Keith_M
01-02-2020, 08:01 AM
I'm not particularly excited about his loan move... but you never know.

euro Hibby
01-02-2020, 08:17 AM
Good luck to him. At the end of the today , it's a job . Kind of like working for Pepsi or coca cola , you prefer one but it's not available to you so you move on and end up prefering Pepsi.

JimBHibees
01-02-2020, 08:22 AM
Docherty is a better player than Murray. He’s probably better than Hallberg and Slivka too.

Agree think he is a decent signing, strong and fit and decent on the ball. Strengthens us in an area we needed to strengthen. Welcome Greg.

eastcoasthibby
01-02-2020, 08:55 AM
Docherty is about as good as we could have hoped to get in this window in that position, and will strengthen us, what happens after the loan period is open to him and the club to work through. Hopefully he will enjoy his football here and make a impact, and help his decisions at the end of it, meanwhile look forward to what he brings to us. If JR can get the balance right in midfield we have some real potential for it to be one that is right up there with the best in Scotland.
Forget the Hun allegiance stuff, he has not just been dumped by them but also told for the past few months he isn't wanted or needed ..so let's get on and support the guy.

noz
01-02-2020, 09:00 AM
Interesting to seehe was Shrewsburys player of the year so quite excited about this.

Billy Whizz
01-02-2020, 10:26 AM
Great interview with Greg on HIbs. Came across very professional

Robbo6-2
01-02-2020, 10:28 AM
Very good interview with him, looking forward to seeing him play