PDA

View Full Version : Slowing down

Jim44
31-01-2020, 07:38 PM
Things are slowing down to a snail’s pace. Are there plans to chuck out visitors as the manic hour approaches?:greengrin

The 90+2
31-01-2020, 07:44 PM
Anyone else finding it hard to get onto the site?

hibee_girl
31-01-2020, 07:45 PM
Guests are out and have been for a while.

Next step is PM’s access only.

Threads like these don’t help btw. We can all see it’s slow.

tamig
31-01-2020, 07:46 PM
Aye its murder.

Daydreamer
31-01-2020, 07:48 PM
Can only blame Brexit!!

Jay
31-01-2020, 07:48 PM
We are trying to fix it. Threads like this dont help. We already know about it.

The 90+2
31-01-2020, 07:51 PM

Sorry, wasn’t aware you guys are aware and wasn’t a complaint either.

jonty
31-01-2020, 07:52 PM

Kick the admins off for a start. reading all the threads.......

these speeds remind me of the early naughties.

SMAXXA
31-01-2020, 07:52 PM

No need for the arseyness imo nothing wrong with the thread as many others would have been thinking the same as the OP

Jim44
31-01-2020, 07:53 PM

Oops sorry, ladies.

Jay
31-01-2020, 07:55 PM

If your aware, we are aware and trying hard to fix it. We dont want anybody to miss anything and we dont like booting people unless we have to. Itll be PMs only if and when it needs to be but if its slow for you its slow for us so it takes time to do it. Theres been three threads telling us its slow. It really doesnt help. Thats not particularly aimed at you 90+2 just explaining the situation .

Jay
31-01-2020, 07:58 PM
No need for the arseyness imo nothing wrong with the thread as many others would have been thinking the same as the OP

No arseyness intended. Just wanted to get a quick answer out.

SRHibs
31-01-2020, 07:59 PM
This site is useless when anything either good or bad happens - ie. when anything worth discussing on a discussion board happens.

Logie
31-01-2020, 07:59 PM
If your aware, we are aware and trying hard to fix it. We dont want anybody to miss anything and we dont like booting people unless we have to. Itll be PMs only if and when it needs to be but if its slow for you its slow for us so it takes time to do it. Theres been three threads telling us its slow. It really doesnt help. Thats not particularly aimed at you 90+2 just explaining the situation .

Cheers for the update 👍🏻 I posted in transfer thread asking how to become a private member? Feel free to delete from there but keen to know as enjoying the reading don’t want to be booted out 😭 any help would be appreciated #GGTTH

calumhibee1
31-01-2020, 08:01 PM

:agree:

Bizarre attitude to take. If something’s wrong then keep your mouth shut and presume someone else will notice.

tamig
31-01-2020, 08:02 PM
No arseyness intended. Just wanted to get a quick answer out.

It came across that way as did your previous reply above this one. Folk sometimes wonder if its something wrong with their set up. A bit decorum never goes amiss. Thread is perfectly valid in the circumstances.

jonty
31-01-2020, 08:03 PM
:agree:

Bizarre attitude to take. If something’s wrong then keep your mouth shut and presume someone else will notice.

even more bizarre that people think that the admins (who are on here most of the time) would'nt have noticed it getting slow when they post/open threads.

Anyway, its not that bad. I remember when it was this slow with just 100 users on it :greengrin

Jay
31-01-2020, 08:07 PM
It came across that way as did your previous reply above this one. Folk sometimes wonder if its something wrong with their set up. A bit decorum never goes amiss. Thread is perfectly valid in the circumstances.

I apologise

jonty
31-01-2020, 08:11 PM
Perhaps, but some people seem to have trouble with common courtesy.

Maybe restricting the Admin response to "thanks for mentioning this and we aware of the issue" would help.

Good luck with that one :faf:

Jay
31-01-2020, 08:12 PM
Perhaps, but some people seem to have trouble with common courtesy.

Maybe restricting the Admin response to "thanks for mentioning this and we aware of the issue".

Some people? Explaining to people that posting threads telling us the sites slow doesnt help should be more beneficial than panning them off with fluff like youve suggested.
However i sincerely apologise to anybody who was offended by my curt reply, i was genuinely trying to get a quick message out that we were trying to fix it and.posting threads wasny helping us.

Jay
31-01-2020, 08:14 PM
Cheers for the update 👍🏻 I posted in transfer thread asking how to become a private member? Feel free to delete from there but keen to know as enjoying the reading don’t want to be booted out 😭 any help would be appreciated #GGTTH

I sent.you a private message

FilipinoHibs
31-01-2020, 08:15 PM

90+2 would moan at anything.

Malthibby
31-01-2020, 08:16 PM
My speedtest tells me I've got 350 mbps, on HN I've got 350 kb per week, but hey, good things are happening so GG:flag::flag:

SMAXXA
31-01-2020, 08:16 PM
90+2 would moan at anything.

He was right with this one for a change.

Anyway that’s why the admins are getting paid the big bucks to take feedback from the minions 😜