PDA

View Full Version : Big game tomorrow

Billy Whizz
31-01-2020, 04:05 PM
Presume Jack’s picked his team based on who has been training this week

Can see possibly 2/3 changes against an improving St Mirren team, who lost narrow at Ibrox and drew with Aberdeen in their last few games, and not losing many goals. Can see Saints coming to sit in and hit us on the break

Fully expect Omeonga to come back in, not sure how fit Gray and Daz are
Would think it would be unfair for McGinn to play, but maybe he’ll be involved in the match squad

Since452
31-01-2020, 04:28 PM
Yup difficult game. Two very tough games against them already one of which we were fortunate to win. I actually think Goodwin is a decent manager

berwickhibee
31-01-2020, 05:15 PM
Any win would be welcome.

It will be scrappy. 1-0 hibs.

H18 SFR
31-01-2020, 05:18 PM
I was really looking forward to this one, however my enthusiasm seems to be fading. Fingers crossed something happens between now and midnight.

B.H.F.C
31-01-2020, 05:19 PM
Aberdeen at Ibrox so great chance to close the gap on them to five points. Must win.

erin go bragh
31-01-2020, 05:35 PM
Presume Jack’s picked his team based on who has been training this week

Can see possibly 2/3 changes against an improving St Mirren team, who lost narrow at Ibrox and drew with Aberdeen in their last few games, and not losing many goals. Can see Saints coming to sit in and hit us on the break

Fully expect Omeonga to come back in, not sure how fit Gray and Daz are
Would think it would be unfair for McGinn to play, but maybe he’ll be involved in the match squad
McGinn straight in for James for me . Omeonga straight back in and McNulty up front with Doidge:)

Jim44
31-01-2020, 05:37 PM
McGinn straight in for James for me . Omeonga straight back in and McNulty up front with Doidge:)

It’s taking time to get his pen on to paper, far less his feet on the pitch tomorrow.:greengrin

Vini1875
31-01-2020, 09:25 PM

I'd be happy with that, but it would be pretty tough on McGinn. I'm guessing JR will talk to him and see how he feels about facing his old team so quickly. If SDG is fit though surely he has to come in for James and then McGinn for Ibrox.

NAE NOOKIE
01-02-2020, 12:26 AM
Yup, big game for us tomorrow. As has been pointed out it would be tough on McGinn to face guys he was team mates with a few days before, even if he is a professional player. If Gray is fit I would like to see us start with him because I would be lying if I said I had any confidence in James after watching him on Tuesday night ... hopefully it was just rustiness after being out for a while coz he was pretty poor against Utd.

As for our new guys ... I can't help wondering how many of them have 90 minutes in them. McGinn will be match fit and to be fair to Omeonga he seems to be naturally energetic even if he lacks games, but when was the last time Docherty played 90 minutes in anger, the same with McNulty. Chances are Omeonga will be the only starter ... though no doubt I will be proved totally wrong :greengrin

St Mirren certainly seem to be better than their league position suggests ... This will be tough.

JimBHibees
01-02-2020, 07:35 AM
They are well organised under Goodwin and will be a hard game. Any sort of win will do. Interesting team selection given the new players in last night.

Tambo
01-02-2020, 07:43 AM
I'm up from down south for this one, looking forward to it. Bit of a strong wind here in newhaven this morning.

JimBHibees
01-02-2020, 08:28 AM
I'm up from down south for this one, looking forward to it. Bit of a strong wind here in newhaven this morning.

Wind forecast to ease a bit from lunchtime onward.

Billy Whizz
01-02-2020, 09:33 AM
Wind forecast to ease a bit from lunchtime onward.

Has the likes of McNulty got international clearance to play? Presuming the likes of Docherty and McGinn are all done, as they are from within Scotland

JimBHibees
01-02-2020, 09:39 AM
Has the likes of McNulty got international clearance to play? Presuming the likes of Docherty and McGinn are all done, as they are from within Scotland

Said McNulty was eligible on Hibs website.

Tambo
01-02-2020, 11:21 AM

Just seen paul hanlon drive past me on elbe street, feel like a kid again.

Jack Hackett
01-02-2020, 11:31 AM
Aberdeen at Ibrox so great chance to close the gap on them to five points. Must win.

:agree:

More than enough games left to grab a Euro spot. Today is the 1st day of the rest of the season and we need to make it count

Billy Whizz
01-02-2020, 11:47 AM
:agree:

More than enough games left to grab a Euro spot. Today is the 1st day of the rest of the season and we need to make it count

We need to catch Livvi 1st

Jack Hackett
01-02-2020, 12:05 PM
We need to catch Livvi 1st

Much as I admire their tenacity, I think Motherwell will take care of the Livvi problem this afternoon.

Edit... make that 'hope' :greengrin

Billy Whizz
01-02-2020, 12:14 PM
Much as I admire their tenacity, I think Motherwell will take care of the Livvi problem this afternoon.

Edit... make that 'hope' :greengrin

For the long term, would be better if Livvi get a result today

Ronniekirk
01-02-2020, 12:41 PM
Heading through from Paisley and as long as James isn’t in team I will be happy McNulty needs game time so be interesting if he starts or comes off the bench
Docherty equally needs game time but wouldn’t have both them starting as we need energy as saints will hit on break and look to take a draw
Any win will do me today as they are hard to break down

Keith_M
01-02-2020, 01:30 PM

I have a feeling that's gonna be a draw.

Since452
01-02-2020, 04:40 PM
Not surprised at the result