PDA

View Full Version : Taking patience to the limit

eastcoasthibby
30-01-2020, 09:00 AM
Well here we are, well into the last 48 hours before the January window closes and our much needed new recruits to enhance the squad, in well recognised areas of the pitch haven't materialised yet.
I actually don't doubt we are trying to remedy this situation, but just why is it the case that we always seem to be running about at the last minute doing so, taking the "be patient" message to the extreme.
We were patient right up through the back end of the summer window, when we all needed a DM, another forward and it could be easily argued a left back, we are now at the back end of this window and the same positions are still unresolved.
Money has been muted as the reason, we need to get some bodies out to bring some in,we were told,so numbers go out. Now with the addition of 3 longish term injuries and the same gaps existing, the Board haven't stepped in and backed the manager and given the fans any belief that they are willing to move forward and have a go at the rest of the season.
To be fair on us fans, there hasn't really been a mad outburst of complaint, about the lack of transfer activity, there has been a real patience. As per usual it feels like the Board and owner are pushing the patience of fans to the limit, with their approach. The lack of signings and rigidity of the non communication of "The Big Plan"
RG and LD are playing a game of risk with probably about 2-3 ST holders for next season at this time.
I am losing patience ....

Since452
30-01-2020, 09:03 AM
I'm more comfortable about this window than the previous two. I actually think our squad is decent as it stands. I'd like a couple of signings but wouldn't be gutted if we didn't sign anyone

MWHIBBIES
30-01-2020, 09:04 AM
We're unbeaten since the break. Almost certainly into the quarter of the cup and have already signed 2 real quality players. I'm quite happy that if the quality we're looking for isn't available we wait till summer.

If you supporting Hibs is reliant on us doing the transfer business you want then you're wasting your time.

Steven79
30-01-2020, 09:06 AM
I'm more comfortable about this window than the previous two. I actually think our squad is decent as it stands. I'd like a couple of signings but wouldn't be gutted if we didn't sign anyone

You are happy with the strike force and the midfield? Wouldn't say no to another defender either...

Col2
30-01-2020, 09:06 AM
Don’t disagree and I hope that we get the players in we want rather than scrambling for 4th or 5th choices.

To be fair some of names rumored are higher quality but we will know over next 48 hours.

On your point re season tickets. I think the horse has bottled on an element of that. We haven’t built in the cup final and feel good factor and our current crowds (those who turn up) is way down. We all know we won’t transform the squad with materially higher investment (no evidence to date) so I would expect even with a good finish and good summer window we will be down on season tickets.

Since452
30-01-2020, 09:07 AM
You are happy with the strike force and the midfield? Wouldn't say no to another defender either...

Yeah. I think we have some great options in midfield and the guy up front can't stop scoring

Steven79
30-01-2020, 09:07 AM
Yeah. I think we have some great options in midfield and the guy up front can't stop scoring

And if he gets injured?

BILLYHIBS
30-01-2020, 09:08 AM
Agree needs to be some sort of declaration of intent or ST sales will tumble like snaw oaf a dyke

Are HIBS fans happy enough to keep rolling along with three wheels on their wagon to see what the summer window brings?

Since452
30-01-2020, 09:09 AM
And if he gets injured?

Still have Boyle who's playing out his skin to contribute and Kamberi. I'd obviously like another striker in but I'm not fretting over it

Vault Boy
30-01-2020, 09:10 AM
Agree needs to be some sort of declaration of intent or ST sales will tumble like snaw oaf a dyke

Are HIBS fans happy enough to keep rolling along with three wheels on their wagon to see what the summer window brings?

This has nothing to do with your question but I've just gotta ask, why do you always write Hibs in caps? :greengrin

ABZHFC
30-01-2020, 09:10 AM
Given 75% of the players labelled '*****, useless duds' by half our knee-jerk, reactionary support have now come good (as was always going to happen with a bit of time and newfound confidence), I'd say the same people screeching about the necessity of signings could probably do with taking a back seat for a few days

Viva_Palmeiras
30-01-2020, 09:12 AM
Surely clubs will have primary and fallbacks either loan or buy.
It can be a bit of a chain-reaction with movement interdependent on others so not surprising that things often go to the wire...

Barman Stanton
30-01-2020, 09:14 AM
If we are struggling to get the players we want then I would rather wait until the summer. The squad is not as bad as some on here would have you believe.

Northernhibee
30-01-2020, 09:14 AM
Surely clubs will have primary and fallbacks either loan or buy.
It can be a bit of a chain-reaction with movement interdependent on others so not surprising that things often go to the wire...

Very much this. We’ve got Omeonga back in and we clearly have fires in the iron. Way too much negativity on here - if no business is done end of play tomorrow then I could understand it but this is how the winter window works.

BILLYHIBS
30-01-2020, 09:15 AM
This has nothing to do with your question but I've just gotta ask, why do you always write Hibs in caps? :greengrin

Dunno

Been asked that before

Just goes to default caps

I also get asked

Why do I space everything out?

I suppose it is annoying

😁

Gypsy King
30-01-2020, 09:17 AM
TBF its notoriously difficult to get deals over the line in Jan. I am still pretty confident we will see 2-3 new additions that will strengthen us for a good cup run and finishing 4th before 12 tomorrow :)

w pilton hibby
30-01-2020, 09:26 AM
Dunno

Been asked that before

I also get asked

I suppose it is annoying

😁

Not half as annoying as the interminable rants from posters who appear to have no use for full stops or paragraphs.

😁

The 90+2
30-01-2020, 09:32 AM
It’s only the start of the window - patient
It’s only the middle of the window - be patient
We usually get the best players at the end of the window - patient
Oh well I would rather be patient and wait until the summer anyway.

Fact is we are kicking about mid table again, crowds are already down, we are soft as ***** and have a very depleted squad. There is little ambition being shown at all by the board at the moment. I hope that we get three at least in by tomorrow evening.

Wheat Hound
30-01-2020, 09:35 AM
Personally I'm delighted we appear to be leaving it to the last minute again. Last few deadline days have been dull for us. Return of the snacks and rumours thread required tomorrow!

number9dream
30-01-2020, 09:38 AM
The frustrated OP appears not to have noticed that most other clubs are in the same boat, even the wealthy ones.
As others have pointed out, the late scramble is now a regular occurrence due to the many factors explained above.
We’ve done well to get Omeonga back and there will be a couple more added by tomorrow. The team is doing pretty well and we don’t need / can’t afford wholesale changes.

And it’s mooted not muted - which is turning the sound off on yer telly.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2020, 09:40 AM
What should impatient fans do?

Brightside
30-01-2020, 09:40 AM
Well here we are, well into the last 48 hours before the January window closes and our much needed new recruits to enhance the squad, in well recognised areas of the pitch haven't materialised yet.
I actually don't doubt we are trying to remedy this situation, but just why is it the case that we always seem to be running about at the last minute doing so, taking the "be patient" message to the extreme.
We were patient right up through the back end of the summer window, when we all needed a DM, another forward and it could be easily argued a left back, we are now at the back end of this window and the same positions are still unresolved.
Money has been muted as the reason, we need to get some bodies out to bring some in,we were told,so numbers go out. Now with the addition of 3 longish term injuries and the same gaps existing, the Board haven't stepped in and backed the manager and given the fans any belief that they are willing to move forward and have a go at the rest of the season.
To be fair on us fans, there hasn't really been a mad outburst of complaint, about the lack of transfer activity, there has been a real patience. As per usual it feels like the Board and owner are pushing the patience of fans to the limit, with their approach. The lack of signings and rigidity of the non communication of "The Big Plan"
RG and LD are playing a game of risk with probably about 2-3 ST holders for next season at this time.

Everything will be ok.

sean04
30-01-2020, 09:41 AM
Tbf to hibs, every other team is in the same boat, all looking to add 2/3 before the window shuts. I think we have identified targets and stuck with them. Omeonga was a reaction to Mallans injury. Maybe we have a defensive mid signed on a pre contract and don’t want to splash cash on another just now. I’m sure we have irons in fires waiting on answers from clubs and players

easty
30-01-2020, 09:43 AM
We need a couple of players, I’m still confident we’ll sign a couple of players.

There’s barely been any signings in the league this month...and we’re 4th best on current form in the league apparently. Our team as it stands is nowhere near as bad as some like to make out.

Generally things aren’t nearly as bad as some panic merchants make out.

yerauldda
30-01-2020, 09:43 AM
It'd certainly be nice to pull of a major coup to excite us all. However, the squad isn't in need of a complete overhaul and we really only require 2-3 new players.
I think we are in a place where it'd be beneficial to have some squad continuity and too many new players could rock the boat.

I'm in the camp that is happy to sign Paul McGinn and with the emergence of Newell and Omeonga in CM I don't think it's an area that needs quite as much focus as some have stated, though it'd be nice to bolster with a more defensive option.

It'd be great to have another option in the final third to excite us all but we are creating plenty of chances at the moment, so it's not an area in dire need of major surgery unless Kamberi or Boyle were to leave.

Since452
30-01-2020, 09:46 AM
I remember watching that Sunderland documentary thinking how difficult the January window looked. Like somebody else posted a lot of it depends on chain reaction with players joining other clubs to fee up other players to leave.

CockneyRebel
30-01-2020, 09:49 AM

Why do we have this exact same thread every window? People moan - people say have patience. They say it over and over again until the window is shut. Every window. Don't folk know that it doesn't matter how many posts appear on here, the business is ongoing until the window shuts and we get what we get. We have a budget and we chase players, some come in and we lose out on some. SAME AS EVERY OTHER CLUB ON THE PLANET.

southern hibby
30-01-2020, 09:50 AM

Probably because they're a Capital Club 😉.

GGTTH

Iggy Pope
30-01-2020, 09:53 AM
Hibs are not loaded this much is clear. Only 2 subs available to make Mondays Development game for example. Pretty threadbare squad for what was unquestionably the most important fixture of the season on Tuesday.
Realism hurts but if moves work out then it will be about money first, ambition second. The impatience of fans has no place in the transfer window. Maybe another 5000 HSL donators would help change this, speaking as a donator with concerns.

DTS
30-01-2020, 10:01 AM
Ideally we would’ve had all the signings in by now but I will reserve judgement until the window is over. We’re on a good run of form right now and have seen the emergence of a few players, I don’t think we’re a million miles off but not where we want to be. Hopefully 2/3 good ones in the next 36 hours will come in and we can kick on. We’ve had 2 tough away games and 2 games you’d expect to win at home since the break and have come out of it unbeaten and expect to win at the weekend with Aberdeen taking a doing at ibrox we would only be 5 off of them.

The Modfather
30-01-2020, 10:07 AM
We need a couple of players, I’m still confident we’ll sign a couple of players.

There’s barely been any signings in the league this month...and we’re 4th best on current form in the league apparently. Our team as it stands is nowhere near as bad as some like to make out.

Generally things aren’t nearly as bad as some panic merchants make out.

As it stands we’re probably weaker now squad wise than we were at the start of the window with Shaw & Naismith either sold or injured, and only Omronga in. We are also in 6th, which is probably about right for this squad. We’re not as bad as some make out, but we’re a long long way away from being able to think about consistently challenging for 3rd & 4th IMO.

It feels like the upward curve has long gone and we’re back to the days of constant transition without ever actually building on anything. I certainly can’t shake the feeling that we’ve had our fleeting golden era and will have to wait another 10 or 15 years to have a period like the couple of years from the cup win to 4th. It wasn’t even so much the trophy or 4th placed finish that I enjoyed so much, it was the genuine connection between players, fans and the club we all seemed in sync. Now it feels like we’re back to being another nondescript mid table club IMO.

EAZY-ME
30-01-2020, 10:08 AM
I like it this way.... the excitement continues to the very end

greenlex
30-01-2020, 10:11 AM
In the next 48 hrs we will sign McGinn and McNulty. Possibly McGeady. If Boyle or Kamberi go we will probably see another striker. It’ll be tomorrow tho. That’s how the January window works. No one is really signing long term deals/targets in January unless they really need to or an unexpected opportunity arises. We will definitely add bodies in some capacity. I’m quite relaxed

greenlex
30-01-2020, 10:13 AM
As it stands we’re probably weaker now squad wise than we were at the start of the window with Shaw & Naismith either sold or injured, and only Omronga in. We are also in 6th, which is probably about right for this squad. We’re not as bad as some make out, but we’re a long long way away from being able to think about consistently challenging for 3rd & 4th IMO.

It feels like the upward curve has long gone and we’re back to the days of constant transition without ever actually building on anything. I certainly can’t shake the feeling that we’ve had our fleeting golden era and will have to wait another 10 or 15 years to have a period like the couple of years from the cup win to 4th. It wasn’t even so much the trophy or 4th placed finish that I enjoyed so much, it was the genuine connection between players, fans and the club we all seemed in sync. Now it feels like we’re back to being another nondescript mid table club IMO.
Gullan is back and in contention to mitigate Shaws departure.

BILLYHIBS
30-01-2020, 10:20 AM
Probably because they're a Capital Club 😉.

GGTTH

😁👍🏾

WhileTheChief..
30-01-2020, 10:24 AM
It’s all just a been a bit boring really. Everything about us just feels a bit flat and meh.

We’ll bring in a couple of loan players and then change them for different ones in the summer probably so I’m not really that fussed who they are.

Back to being an average team with an average squad fighting it out to get in the top six.

Smartie
30-01-2020, 10:24 AM
The emergence of Newell as a top notch central midfielder has calmed me down, along with Whittaker looking like he can make a contribution between now and the end of the season.

We have a thin, mid-table squad though and appear to be a club in transition. That isn’t going to keep the fans buying season tickets in record numbers and pure hunch (and no evidence) has me questioning our new owner and I have a wee bit of dread about what may be around the corner.

makaveli1875
30-01-2020, 10:26 AM
We need a right back and a striker . Im pretty confident that by tomorrow we will have both .

easty
30-01-2020, 10:26 AM

Losing Shaw doesn’t weaken us at all. You’re not weaker by losing someone you never used.

Your second paragraph is just pure dramatic. We appointed a poor manager. We got rid of him. New mans doing better. It’s not back to the days of constant transition. Not even close.

easty
30-01-2020, 10:29 AM
It’s all just a been a bit boring really. Everything about us just feels a bit flat and meh.

We’ll bring in a couple of loan players and then change them for different ones in the summer probably so I’m not really that fussed who they are.

Back to being an average team with an average squad fighting it out to get in the top six.

And the weathers ***** and they don’t make TV shows like they used to, the new Sports Mixtures are rubbish compared to the old ones.

This place is more like depression.net just now

Barman Stanton
30-01-2020, 10:32 AM
And the weathers ***** and they don’t make TV shows like they used to, the new Sports Mixtures are rubbish compared to the old ones.

Haha, it really is eh. I may be a glass half full guy but Im just not seeing the doom and gloom that some others on here are.

WhileTheChief..
30-01-2020, 10:35 AM

I’m in fine fettle, just find Hibs boring just now.

Don’t worry yourself about it!

Diclonius
30-01-2020, 10:38 AM
It's unlikely we'll make Europe and we won't be relegated so the biscuit tin remains closed.

jacomo
30-01-2020, 10:41 AM

I see two options

1. Get the snacks in and look forward to TDD; or
2. Deem everything an unacceptable disgrace and wet the bed

Unfortunately I am travelling all day tomorrow and won’t be able to enjoy TDD, so...

Hibiza
30-01-2020, 10:45 AM
Lyndon Dykes please.

Mikey
30-01-2020, 10:49 AM

Whine about it like a big girl's blouse 20 times a day on hibs.net, only breaking off to see what's left in the fridge and make equally frequent visits to bigtits.com.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2020, 10:51 AM
Whine about it like a big girl's blouse 20 times a day on hibs.net, only breaking off to see what's left in the fridge and make equally frequent visits to bigtits.com.

I'm sure I could manage at least some of that.

Oscar T Grouch
30-01-2020, 11:02 AM
Dunno

Been asked that before

I also get asked

I suppose it is annoying

😁
You know caps locking a word is shouting in text speak so I’ve always seen you as a guy with Hibs Tourette’s, you speak normally unless the word Hibs comes up where you then suddenly shout it out 😂 anyway it’s quirky but not annoying in anyway.

The Modfather
30-01-2020, 11:14 AM
Losing Shaw doesn’t weaken us at all. You’re not weaker by losing someone you never used.

Your second paragraph is just pure dramatic. We appointed a poor manager. We got rid of him. New mans doing better. It’s not back to the days of constant transition. Not even close.

You disagree, that’s fair enough.

I see it as us being on our 3rd manager in a year, and looking at the 3rd January window in a row to rectify the failings of the summer window. Add to that the imbalanced squad we have that also lacks quality in certain areas and it certainly feels like a lot of transition to me. I think Ross has done a good job with the tools he has had available but we need another squad rebuild IMO, with an ageing and porous defence, and a balanced midfield needing built (which is also a part of our porous defence).

Jack Ross has a big job on his hands to get us competing consistently for 3rd & 4th IMO. Hopefully when Ron’s plans are revealed it becomes clearer how we’re going to achieve his stated aims.

BILLYHIBS
30-01-2020, 11:15 AM
You know caps locking a word is shouting in text speak so I’ve always seen you as a guy with Hibs Tourette’s, you speak normally unless the word Hibs comes up where you then suddenly shout it out 😂 anyway it’s quirky but not annoying in anyway.

Hibs

Eureka!

It’s a miracle

I am cured

😂

Hibbyradge
30-01-2020, 11:17 AM
Ross has done a good job with the tools he has had available

Outrageous!

They might not be world beaters, but the players deserve more respect than that. :grr:

H18S NX
30-01-2020, 11:26 AM
Whine about it like a big girl's blouse 20 times a day on hibs.net, only breaking off to see what's left in the fridge and make equally frequent visits to bigtits.com.....Lara 33.com.

CloudSquall
30-01-2020, 11:26 AM
The "I'm completely calm because of the emergence of Newell and Whittaker" view after a couple of decent performances against a relegation threatened Hamilton and a team in the Championship is something we'd be ripping Kickback to bits about, it's Stendel esque revisionism.

Spike Mandela
30-01-2020, 11:48 AM
Get rid of a boring month long window. Give clubs a week, nah, a Mon to Fri for them to do deals. Most of the deals are done in the last few days anyway.

hhibs
30-01-2020, 11:48 AM
Dunno

Been asked that before

I also get asked

I suppose it is annoying

😁

No

It

Is

Not

Smartie
30-01-2020, 11:50 AM
The "I'm completely calm because of the emergence of Newell and Whittaker" view after a couple of decent performances against a relegation threatened Hamilton and a team in the Championship is something we'd be ripping Kickback to bits about, it's Stendel esque revisionism.

Assuming you’re referring to my post, I’ve been pissing my bed about the midfield since before the season began. It’s harsh not to acknowledge that the 2 players mentioned have made a big impact over the past few games - and in Newell’s case, also away to 3rd in the league.

I was hoping my 2nd paragraph would convey the message that I am anything but “completely” calm - just prepared to acknowledge that a couple of players who have been no more than bit part players so far this season have stepped up to the plate in recent weeks.

BILLYHIBS
30-01-2020, 12:03 PM
No

It

Is

Not

You need to do something about that stammer. :greengrin

jgl07
30-01-2020, 12:08 PM

Put moaning incoherent postings onto Hibs Net?

we are hibs
30-01-2020, 12:10 PM
We still need another midfielder. I will be massively dissapointed if we dont sign one.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2020, 12:12 PM

I'm completely calm regardless of Newell and Whitaker's renaissance.

HoboHarry
30-01-2020, 12:16 PM
You need to do something about that stammer. :greengrin
Maybe Jaap some more.......

Borderhibbie76
30-01-2020, 12:17 PM
TBF its notoriously difficult to get deals over the line in Jan. I am still pretty confident we will see 2-3 new additions that will strengthen us for a good cup run and finishing 4th before 12 tomorrow :)

I'm fed up hearing this tbh it's not difficult for the likes of Aberdeen or Hearts this Jan so why is it so difficult for us??

And not panicking or bed wetting but we need a couple of additions to supplement a threadbare squad

IWasThere2016
30-01-2020, 12:19 PM

Thought you preferred bignbouncy.com :wink:

Speedway
30-01-2020, 12:26 PM

You need to buy a car by January 31st. The car you want is £1m. You've got £65,000. You can't afford the car. You're offered other things instead of the car. A bike, a skateboard, a pogo stick. All well within your budget. You don't want these. You don't want to tell your family about the car in case you don't get it. You don't want to tell your family about the bike, skateboard or pogo stick because that will disappoint them and you'll lose goodwill.

You know from experience that cars fall in price the close to the deadline it gets, so you sit tight. With a week to go, you're told you can have the £1m car for £64,999 if a chain of 15 other cars get sold first. Nothing can happen until the last day of the sale.

You put the bike, skateboard and pogo stick on standby but expect to get the car everyone is hoping you'll get, but it's gonna go to the wire because 15 other car deals have to happen first.

Now swap the word 'car' for 'player'.

This is what is currently happening.

Peevemor
30-01-2020, 12:29 PM
You need to buy a car by January 31st. The car you want is £1m. You've got £65,000. You can't afford the car. You're offered other things instead of the car. A bike, a skateboard, a pogo stick. All well within your budget. You don't want these. You don't want to tell your family about the car in case you don't get it. You don't want to tell your family about the bike, skateboard or pogo stick because that will disappoint them and you'll lose goodwill.

You know from experience that cars fall in price the close to the deadline it gets, so you sit tight. With a week to go, you're told you can have the £1m car for £64,999 if a chain of 15 other cars get sold first. Nothing can happen until the last day of the sale.

You put the bike, skateboard and pogo stick on standby but expect to get the car everyone is hoping you'll get, but it's gonna go to the wire because 15 other car deals have to happen first.

I'm believing nothing until I see a photo of a pogo stick holding a Hibs scarf over it's head.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2020, 12:31 PM

We've certainly had a few players I'd have swapped for a pogo stick!

Hibbyradge
30-01-2020, 12:31 PM
I'm believing nothing until I see a photo of a pogo stick holding a Hibs scarf over it's head.

Beat me to it! :greengrin

Peevemor
30-01-2020, 12:32 PM
We've certainly had a few players I'd have swapped for a pogo stick!

And more one-footed!

Hibbyradge
30-01-2020, 12:33 PM
And more one-footed!

Ivan Sproule on a bicycle.

Speedway
30-01-2020, 12:38 PM

Link no worky.

ABZHFC
30-01-2020, 12:42 PM
The fixation surrounding the transfer window is easily one of the worst things about modern football, fans on the verge of tears if we don't sign certain players. Give it a rest, eh? We're not world beaters and we never will be, so let's all just stop pretending this is life or death stuff. We all support Hibs because they're our team, not because of stupid corporate buzzwords like 'ambition' or 'aspiration'. Simple as

HoboHarry
30-01-2020, 12:45 PM
The fixation surrounding the transfer window is easily one of the worst things about modern football, fans on the verge of tears if we don't sign certain players. Give it a rest, eh? We're not world beaters and we never will be, so let's all just stop pretending this is life or death stuff. We all support Hibs because they're our team, not because of stupid corporate buzzwords like 'ambition' or 'aspiration'. Simple as
Buzzkill.....

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-01-2020, 12:49 PM

More likely to see it on The Bounce! 😉

PatHead
30-01-2020, 12:53 PM
I'm going onto fifa 20 if I can work the thing and finding someone brilliant that I can moan about us not getting.

PS How do you turn this frigging thing on?

Real Emerald
30-01-2020, 12:54 PM

Typical Hibs though, it’s perfectly obvious we’re crying out for a skateboard and we go and sign another pogo stick! Come on Ron 😡. 😂😂

HoboHarry
30-01-2020, 12:55 PM
I'm going onto fifa 20 if I can work the thing and finding someone brilliant that I can moan about us not getting.

PS How do you turn this frigging thing on?
Hat's off to you if you can operate that stuff at 56 years old. I'm the same age and I can barely navigate my way through to Netflix without throwing a tantrum.....

Peevemor
30-01-2020, 12:57 PM
More likely to see it on The Bounce! 😉

Ouch!

ABZHFC
30-01-2020, 12:58 PM
Buzzkill.....

I just think it's the other way round. Grown men working themselves into a shoot because we apparently haven't signed enough players. As I said earlier on this thread, they'll be the same ones who wrote off the last transfer window's signings as being utter pish after 4 or 5 games, only to be proved spectacularly wrong. It really is so predictable and dull. Just focus on giving whichever 11 Hibs players run out on Saturday your support, everything else is really not as important as some seem to think it is

CMurdoch
30-01-2020, 01:09 PM
Bloody hell.
I have just read this thread and there is lots of balance and common sense in it :aok:
Almost unbelievable.

HoboHarry
30-01-2020, 01:11 PM
I just think it's the other way round. Grown men working themselves into a shoot because we apparently haven't signed enough players. As I said earlier on this thread, they'll be the same ones who wrote off the last transfer window's signings as being utter pish after 4 or 5 games, only to be proved spectacularly wrong. It really is so predictable and dull. Just focus on giving whichever 11 Hibs players run out on Saturday your support, everything else is really not as important as some seem to think it is
I wasn't being serious, I agree with you..... :aok:

ABZHFC
30-01-2020, 01:12 PM
I wasn't being serious, I agree with you..... :aok:

Hahaha my apologies, over my head :greengrin GGTTH

The Modfather
30-01-2020, 01:14 PM

You do like a bit of hyperbole don’t you.

B.H.F.C
30-01-2020, 01:17 PM
As I said earlier on this thread, they'll be the same ones who wrote off the last transfer window's signings as being utter pish after 4 or 5 games, only to be proved spectacularly wrong.

I wouldn’t say those folk have been proved spectacularly wrong. Doidge is the only one has done well over an extended time. Newell is improving. Hallberg started ok but has had a dip. Other than that we’ve already emptied three and that leaves Jackson and James. Considering we’re about to sign another right back, that’s surely a question mark over the latter.

HoboHarry
30-01-2020, 01:18 PM
Superbowl will be far better.....

oldbutdim
30-01-2020, 01:18 PM
HIBS

Eureka!

It’s a miracle

I am cured

😂

Uh-oh.................. relapse.

Keith_M
30-01-2020, 01:22 PM
Money has been muted as the reason....

Is that another way of saying, 'we huvnae got any'?

:dunno:

Hibbyradge
30-01-2020, 01:30 PM

I don't see what's hyperbolic in what he said, to be honest.

There are folk on here who have been panicking since the first week of the window. There's been predictions of season ticket sales crashing, bottom 6 and even relegation.

No doubt someone will be along shortly to confirm that the sky is falling down. (That bit is hyperbolic on my part. :greengrin )

Keith_M
30-01-2020, 01:31 PM
I tried to ask Dempster about our chances of signing any more players but she was too busy posting on Follow Follow...

RG said he has a hole in one of his Wellies and has run out of Honey, so can't possibly think about signing players at the moment

BILLYHIBS
30-01-2020, 01:39 PM
Uh-oh.................. relapse.

Hibs

There ye go!

The Modfather
30-01-2020, 01:46 PM

There are folk on here who have been panicking since the first week of the window. There's been predictions of season ticket sales crashing, bottom 6 and even relegation.

No doubt someone will be along shortly to confirm that the sky is falling down. (That bit is hyperbolic on my part. :greengrin )

There are folk who have been panicking since the start of the window, but there appears to be just as big a clique who are over most threads belittling them and competing to see who can come up with the wittiest put downs and ways to say tears and snotters, which is equally as tiresome IMO.

I thought it was hyperbole from the poster about folk on the verge of tears and other posters being “spectacularly” proved wrong about summer recruitment.

There’s a debate to be had about recruitment, the direction of the club the last couple of years etc etc, but rather than an interesting debate folk appear entrenched in their views with little willingness to actually debate IMO.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2020, 01:57 PM
There are folk who have been panicking since the start of the window, but there appears to be just as big a clique who are over most threads belittling them and competing to see who can come up with the wittiest put downs and ways to say tears and snotters, which is equally as tiresome IMO.

I thought it was hyperbole from the poster about folk on the verge of tears and other posters being “spectacularly” proved wrong about summer recruitment.

There’s a debate to be had about recruitment, the direction of the club the last couple of years etc etc, but rather than an interesting debate folk appear entrenched in their views with little willingness to actually debate IMO.

Fair points.

I doubt there's much value in debating the direction of the club during the transfer window, however.

All that happens is someone with a pessimist nature will say it's a dreadful situation, slagging the board off, and we're not showing any "ambition" only to get the response that the window isn't closed yet so wait and see.

Any other discussion would just be speculation and guesswork.

Anyway, given that not much has happened so far, tomorrow should be fun.

Either that or Saturday will be carnage on here! :greengrin

jacomo
30-01-2020, 02:13 PM

Thank god for your second last line... I would never have realised this was an analogy.

JohnMcM
30-01-2020, 02:32 PM
Thank god for your second last line... I would never have realised this was an analogy.

:faf::faf:

CockneyRebel
30-01-2020, 02:34 PM

Fair analogy Speedy.

Speedway
30-01-2020, 02:45 PM

And if I hadn't have made it obvious, some **** would've said 'What have cars got to do with it?'

Lowest common denominator posting is the way to go on .net. Can't all be brainy ***** like your good self. :wink:

hibee_nation
30-01-2020, 03:00 PM
Hope we get a decent pogo stick and skateboard then.

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2020, 08:28 PM

Remember the summer when Lennon was still manager, the outrage at us making late signings, all through the window, and we were playing and winning in Europe.

We also were 2nd in the league behind the eventual winners Hearts. :wink:

Then Lennon goes, we get Hecky in and are pish as a pish pish, all after signing 5 or 6 players at 1 minute past the hour on the opening day of the transfer window. :greengrin

Funny how this never gets a mention eh. :wink:

Phil MaGlass
30-01-2020, 08:28 PM
Hope we get a decent pogo stick and skateboard then.

we will get the pogo stick wae broken spring and a 3 wheeled skateboard.:greengrin

Smartie
30-01-2020, 08:36 PM
we will get the pogo stick wae broken spring and a 3 wheeled skateboard.:greengrin

Can I get odds on the 3 wheeled skateboard playing right back for us before the end of this season please?

Speedway
31-01-2020, 09:31 AM
From Chris Wilder, Premier League Manager:

As for the window itself, a slightly weary looking Wilder said: "It still amazes me that the first three weeks are a non-event and then it evens up and deals start happening."

Testing Sheff Utd's fan's patience to the limit.