Hanlon
Stevenson

Allan
Omeonga
Newell

Boyle
Doidge
Kamberi

Obviously new signing dependent as assuming mcginn will sign and we may sign another 2 which changes the dynamic

makaveli1875
29-01-2020, 10:00 AM
Rocky

McGinn
Jackson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Hallberg

Omeonga
Newell
Allan

Boyle
Doidge

Hibby Kay-Yay
29-01-2020, 10:03 AM
Rocky

McGinn/James
Jackson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Omeonga
Newall
Horgan

Allan

Doidge

Brooster
29-01-2020, 10:04 AM
Rocky

McGinn
Jackson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Hallberg

Omeonga
Newell
Allan

Boyle
Doidge

Decent team but I'm interested to know on what basis you would bring Hallberg back in?

Hibeewilly
29-01-2020, 10:11 AM
If we sign McGinn are St Mirren allowed to put in a condition that would prevent him playing against us on Saturday?

inglisavhibs
29-01-2020, 10:22 AM
If we sign McGinn are St Mirren allowed to put in a condition that would prevent him playing against us on Saturday?
Probably not contractually, more likely to be a gentleman's agreement.
Whittaker won't be asked to play again so soon I would think. Allan/Kamberi is a close one, neither are doing enough to be regulars on the team sheet. James and Jackson might be replaced by Gray and McGregor. The certainties to start are Rocky, Hanlon, Stevenson, Omeonga, Newall, Boyle and Doidge.

supermcginn
29-01-2020, 10:47 AM
Rocky
anyone but james
mcgregor
hanlon
stevenson

whittaker
newell
omeonga

boyle
doidge
allan

makaveli1875
29-01-2020, 10:59 AM
Decent team but I'm interested to know on what basis you would bring Hallberg back in?

Im guessing Whittys auld legs will be sore after the shift he put in last night .

yerauldda
29-01-2020, 11:07 AM
Marciano
James Jackson Hanlon Stevenson
Omeonga Newell
Boyle Allan Horgan
Doidge

SMAXXA
29-01-2020, 11:15 AM
In surprised there are a few teams with Jackson out and Mcgregor in. For me he’s done really well since he came into the side could have done better for their first last night granted but apart from that he deserves to keep his place imo

Borderhibbie76
29-01-2020, 12:07 PM
Bit pointless this until Friday and we see who/if anyone we bring in surely??

Dalianwanda
29-01-2020, 12:12 PM
Bit pointless this until Friday and we see who/if anyone we bring in surely??

Suppose you could say that about any team thread just in case theres injuries between team guess & kick off...

Hibeewilly
29-01-2020, 12:14 PM
Probably not contractually, more likely to be a gentleman's agreement.
Whittaker won't be asked to play again so soon I would think. Allan/Kamberi is a close one, neither are doing enough to be regulars on the team sheet. James and Jackson might be replaced by Gray and McGregor. The certainties to start are Rocky, Hanlon, Stevenson, Omeonga, Newall, Boyle and Doidge.
I'm not so sure about Whittaker.... he's a pretty fit guy who has looked after himself and was superb last night along with Newell.... I think he's a cert to play on Saturday

Billy Whizz
29-01-2020, 12:19 PM

Think it would be unfair to play him against his former team mates this week

inglisavhibs
29-01-2020, 01:11 PM
I'm not so sure about Whittaker.... he's a pretty fit guy who has looked after himself and was superb last night along with Newell.... I think he's a cert to play on Saturday

On performance last night he would be in, but we still have a very heavy programme ahead. He actually played quite well up at Dundee but missed the next few games. He obviously looks after himself very well and is a good role model for any youngster at the club.

Since452
29-01-2020, 02:10 PM

I think we need to use our full squad during this busy period. Can see why he'd be back in. We've got some really good midfield options now with Newell firing and Omeonga in

.Sean.
29-01-2020, 02:17 PM
Fingers crossed McGinn is in in time as James is really poor. Lost count the amount of times his man totally done him last night. Positionally over the shop

danhibees1875
29-01-2020, 02:20 PM
Rocky

Gray/McGinn/James
Jackson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Hallberg
Newell
Allan

Boyle
Doidge
Kamberi

B.H.F.C
29-01-2020, 02:43 PM
In surprised there are a few teams with Jackson out and Mcgregor in. For me he’s done really well since he came into the side could have done better for their first last night granted but apart from that he deserves to keep his place imo

Thought he was poor last night and also made a mistake in the lead up to the second. Deserved to keep his place after Saturday, but I’d have McGregor ahead of him every time.

HendoDelivered
29-01-2020, 03:51 PM
Rocky

James
Jacko
Hanlon
Stevenson

Whitts
Newell
Allan

Boyler
That ****in Doidge guy :wink:
Horgan

supermcginn
29-01-2020, 03:53 PM
Amazed at so many leaving omeonga out!

eastcoasthibby
29-01-2020, 04:08 PM
If we are rotating things slightly I think our focus should be on getting a team on the pitch that is going to beat St Mirren ..and make a couple of changes for the Ibrox game ...not so we chuck it at Ibrox but that we target our games more ....won't be many really that might come into that category but this would be one I would do it with ...agree with what's said game might be too quick for Whitty to be ready to go again ..so it's a toss up between Omeonga and Halberg ...other than I would leave it as it is ...I also realise James is getting stick, but I think he is improving and if we don't get McGinn I wouldn't change him for Gray ...!! Horgan should stay as we get 60 minutes from him and his tank is empty ...but he can create only problem is defensively he is poor !!

Smartie
29-01-2020, 04:11 PM
Rocky

Gray
Jackson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Omeonga
Newell
Horgan

Kamberi
Doidge

Flat 442, we improved - again - last night after we moved away from Doidge up front on his own.

I’m surprised how many folk are happy to play 451 at home to St Mirren, a formation that should work on paper but we rarely do justice to.

B.H.F.C
29-01-2020, 04:14 PM
Amazed at so many leaving omeonga out!

Gray for James. McGregor for Jackson. Omeonga for Whittaker. Kamberi for Horgan.

Whittaker was obviously superb last night but he’ll be in and out the team due to fitness. Don’t think Kamberi has been great but Horgan contributes far more as a sub than when he starts.

supermcginn
29-01-2020, 04:35 PM
If we are rotating things slightly I think our focus should be on getting a team on the pitch that is going to beat St Mirren ..and make a couple of changes for the Ibrox game ...not so we chuck it at Ibrox but that we target our games more ....won't be many really that might come into that category but this would be one I would do it with ...agree with what's said game might be too quick for Whitty to be ready to go again ..so it's a toss up between Omeonga and Halberg ...other than I would leave it as it is ...I also realise James is getting stick, but I think he is improving and if we don't get McGinn I wouldn't change him for Gray ...!! Horgan should stay as we get 60 minutes from him and his tank is empty ...but he can create only problem is defensively he is poor !!
James couldn't lace even a half fit gray's boots, if the last two games are him improving i'd hate to see him getting worse!

Hibeesmad
29-01-2020, 04:57 PM
Marciano

Gray
Jackson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Omeonga
Allan
Newell

Boyle
Doidge
Kamberi

Unseen work
30-01-2020, 06:59 AM
................Marciano..............

McGinn...Jackson...Hanlon....Stevenson....

Boyle.....Omeonga...Newell.....McGeady..

............Doidge...McNulty....

Subs; Bogdan, James, McGregor, Hallberg, Horgan, Allan, Kamberi

:greengrin

Realistically....

.................Marciano.........

McGinn...Jackson....Hanlon...Stevenson....

.............Omeonga...Newell....

Boyle.............Allan............Horgan.....

...................Doidge.........

Subs; Bogdan, James, McGregor, Hallberg, Slivka, Kamberi, Gullan

MrRobot
30-01-2020, 08:16 AM
Rocky
McGinn Jackson Hanlon Stevenson
Whittaker
Boyle Omeonga Newell
Kamberi Doidge

Presuming that McGinn does sign of course, otherwise Gray if fit.

eastcoasthibby
30-01-2020, 08:19 AM
James couldn't lace even a half fit gray's boots, if the last two games are him improving i'd hate to see him getting worse!

I agree a fully fit SDG ..however as it stands he isn't anywhere near that with injury then illness last week, when he came on against Dundee it was good to see him back, but we shall need to wait and see if he can build up his fitness ideally he will but just now James the other night did a job. In saying that I still think he is a mile away from full match fitness, his casualness and reluctance to get right to a wide player does concern me, but seriously not sure SDG at this time is any better. In saying all that JR will want him in the team if possible cos he brings much more drive and presence. Opinions !!!

SMAXXA
30-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Thought he was poor last night and also made a mistake in the lead up to the second. Deserved to keep his place after Saturday, but I’d have McGregor ahead of him every time.

I agree he wasn’t as good as he’s been since he’s came into the team but for me one not great (wouldn’t say he was terrible) doesn’t need to result in you being dropped. Got to remember Mcgregor has hardly played recently so why would we risk unsettling the defence for changes sake with no guarantee Mcgregor will be up to speed.

KingPat4
30-01-2020, 08:46 AM
Start with same side as Tuesday.

hibbyfraelibby
30-01-2020, 08:54 AM
Rocky

James Jacko Hanlon Stevenson

Omeonga Newell

Hallberg

Boyle Allan

Doidge

Bogdan
Gray
McGregor
Kamberi
Horgan
Murray

jonny
30-01-2020, 08:54 AM
I'd like to see a return to 3 at the back to allow a 5 man midfield with real width going forward and still have 2 up front.
I appreciate it can leave us a bit exposed on the flanks but if the 2 sitting midfielders do their job they should be able to negate that.

Marciano

Jackson McGregor Hanlon

Omeonga Newell/Whits
Boyle Allan Horgan/Stevenson

Kamberi Doidge

For what it's worth I really can't see JR gambling like that and fully expect a 451 formation.

Since452
30-01-2020, 08:57 AM
Bogdan
McGinn
Hanlon
Jackson
Stevenson
McGeady
Allan
Omeonga
Newell
Boyle
Doidge

sean04
30-01-2020, 10:00 AM
Bogdan
McGinn
Hanlon
Jackson
Stevenson
McGeady
Allan
Omeonga
Newell
Boyle
Doidge

McNulty and Kamberi on the bench. What a team

sean04
30-01-2020, 10:17 AM
I wouldn’t mind seeing a midfield 3 Of Whitty, Omeonga and Newell. Think there 3 would be quite solid defensively and able to create going forward aswell

JammyDoidger
01-02-2020, 09:30 AM
Rocky

Gray
Jackson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Whittaker
Newell
Omeonga
Allan

Boyle
Doidge

RossScott1991
01-02-2020, 09:37 AM
Jack Ross era quietly taking shape. I expect to see 4.4.2 diamond being the main shape of the team moving forward. No kamberi drifting wide left.

Marciano

Gray Jackson Hanlon Stevenson

McGinn

Boyle Allan Newell

Doidge McNulty

eastcoasthibby
01-02-2020, 09:41 AM
Rocky

McGinn
Jackson
Hanlon
Stevenson