PDA

View Full Version : Inter v AC Milan

LustForLeith
28-01-2020, 08:26 AM
I’m going to the match next weekend and I was wondering if anyone has been to a Milan derby before or an Inter game. Any recommendations of places to go/avoid before and after? What’s the atompshere like? Is it worthwhile heading there a bit early? Can you drink in the SAN Siro?

Is there any Irish bars near it too?!

Thanks 🙏

green&left
28-01-2020, 09:07 AM
I’m going to the match next weekend and I was wondering if anyone has been to a Milan derby before or an Inter game. Any recommendations of places to go/avoid before and after? What’s the atompshere like? Is it worthwhile heading there a bit early? Can you drink in the SAN Siro?

Thanks 🙏

Went to it a few years ago. Not a great deal near the San Siro. Best option would be to eat and drink somewhere more central then head to the ground via the metro. Near the stadium there is the odd bakery or pizza place that sells bevvy and all the hot dog type vans were selling cold bottles of Becks. We grabbed a few bottles and took in some of the atmosphere wandering round the stadium. No bother at all from what I seen, fans were mixing with no issues and there was a mental amount of riot polis round every inch of the stadium so felt very safe. Even after the game we ended up in some Turkish place for a scran and drink and fans off both sides in with no problems. Can get a pint in the stadium. Was only Scots/Irish/Brits that seemed to be drinking when I was there so no queing which was a result. Italians seem to prefer a joint, fag and coffee at the fitba over a beer.

Was a superb experience. Atmosphere was unreal. We were 10 rows behind the main Milan ultras in the Curva Sud upper. Choreographies, pyro, singing and fireworks galore from both ends. Enjoy!:flag:

Hibeesmad
28-01-2020, 09:41 AM

Thanks 🙏

Should be a great game. Ibra back for Milan and Eriksen to make his debut for Inter. Enjoy 👍

DH1875
28-01-2020, 09:47 AM
The Milan/Inter ultras have an agreement in place that there's no trouble or fighting between them so while you can never say never, doubt there will be any agro and should be pretty safe.

Springbank
28-01-2020, 10:39 AM
Went 2 years ago, as part of a wee annual tradition where the boys in the family take in 1 big European game a season.

Others might tell you different but our feedback is that weve seen Lazio 1 Roma 4, Real Madrid 2 Barcelona 3, and Inter 3 AC 2.
And the best atmosphere by a *country mile* was at the San Siro.

Enjoy!!

H18S NX
28-01-2020, 11:29 AM
If i remember correctly,there used to be a wee bar behind the inter end of the ground,but maybe better being fed and watered before going to the ground on the metro m8.

Begbie79
28-01-2020, 11:38 AM
Bevvy and food in the centre then the metro out is the best way, get a carry out and stand about around the san siro as buying beer there is a rip off.

AC V Inter is the italian equivalent of Liverpool V Everton. Fans tend to get along but create a decent atmosphere.

Better off going to Germany IMHO :thumbsup:

green with envy
28-01-2020, 02:19 PM
If i remember correctly,there used to be a wee bar behind the inter end of the ground,but maybe better being fed and watered before going to the ground on the metro m8.

I was there a few years ago before and after a AC v Roma game. Bizarrely the only fans that were drinking were in the main, every culture bar Italians.

I'm led to believe that the bar has since been closed down.

edinburghhibee
29-01-2020, 02:01 AM
Me and the boys went to the 3-2 derby last year. Managed to get tickets in the AC end and before hand drunk in a bar called 442 it’s nearby a metro station which you jump on and get to the ground in under ten minutes. Great atmosphere in that bar before the game too... don’t however go back in there afterwards!!! Me and the boys walked into it with our AC scarfs on which we had bought before the game and it was full of the inter ultras who continually gave us the cut throat signs and pointed to there mostly nazi tattoos.

After one pint we left and were followed by about 5/6 of them for a couple of streets before they shouted something in Italian at us. Now I’m not gonna slate them too much as we got talking to folk in another bar who basically said we had walked into their pub so I take it it would be like hearts fans walking into the harp.

We have just returned from the Roma v Lazio game yesterday and I still think the same Siro last year was a better atmosphere but only just.

If you need any other tips drop me a pm! [emoji1305]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stewboy
29-01-2020, 05:34 AM
Me and the boys went to the 3-2 derby last year. Managed to get tickets in the AC end and before hand drunk in a bar called 442 it’s nearby a metro station which you jump on and get to the ground in under ten minutes. Great atmosphere in that bar before the game too... don’t however go back in there afterwards!!! Me and the boys walked into it with our AC scarfs on which we had bought before the game and it was full of the inter ultras who continually gave us the cut throat signs and pointed to there mostly nazi tattoos.

After one pint we left and were followed by about 5/6 of them for a couple of streets before they shouted something in Italian at us. Now I’m not gonna slate them too much as we got talking to folk in another bar who basically said we had walked into their pub so I take it it would be like hearts fans walking into the harp.

We have just returned from the Roma v Lazio game yesterday and I still think the same Siro last year was a better atmosphere but only just.

If you need any other tips drop me a pm! [emoji1305]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were at the San Siro on Sunday past for the inter game - echo what folk saying, get metro out and walk back to the centre

We were in 442 on Saturday & Sunday - was packed for the lazio game

Loved every minute of the trip

wearethehibs
29-01-2020, 07:33 AM
I was at the San Siro a few weeks ago, in the away end for Inter v Atalanta. Surprisingly the Inter fans were not very welcoming. More surprisingly, Atalanta have a few supporters who like the Hibees.

If you really want to have a drink around the stadium, you would get away with bringing a few cans with you and soaking up the atmosphere.

Otherwise it would be best to go to a bar more central and make your way to the ground on the Metro.

Give yourself plenty of time though as it does take a while to get in the ground and remember your passport, they will check your ID against the name on your ticket

LustForLeith
29-01-2020, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the suggestions so far. None of us can wait!

I’m going to do a bit more digging around and I’ll probably be slipping people DM’s!

Thanks!

Banter
29-01-2020, 09:51 PM
Not posted in donkeys but the OP brought back a superb memory.

Was at a Milan derby 15 years back. As it was a Inter “home” game, we’d figured the tickets I had manage to source were for the “home” end and we had adorned ourselves appropriately.

Long story short and after a couple of odd looks from police while searching for our turnstile, turns out we were in the AC away sections and had to bin all this Inter clobber ASAP 😅

Standing room only - I was a foot away from yon boy with the megaphone and ended being his appointed fag lighter for the 90 mins. Flares, Pyro, flying mopeds the lot. 0-1 Kaka 👌🏻

LustForLeith
10-02-2020, 03:36 PM
Cheers for the tips folks. Had an amazing time in Milan and at the game. Some result!

One thing I noticed and I’m not too sure if it was just cause it was a big game, but the Italians seemed to have little regard for tickets and seats. As an example when we got to the stadium there were four people in our seats who had tickets elsewhere that refused to move to where they should be. Also, when the guy next to me went for a pint some old guy jumped into his seat! He soon moved when he saw r he size of the guy who should have been there!

But amazing!

JammyDoidger
10-02-2020, 07:21 PM
Cheers for the tips folks. Had an amazing time in Milan and at the game. Some result!

One thing I noticed and I’m not too sure if it was just cause it was a big game, but the Italians seemed to have little regard for tickets and seats. As an example when we got to the stadium there were four people in our seats who had tickets elsewhere that refused to move to where they should be. Also, when the guy next to me went for a pint some old guy jumped into his seat! He soon moved when he saw r he size of the guy who should have been there!

But amazing!

Same thing happened to us at an inter milan game, found the Italians to be quite rude if I'm honest. Some game though, picked a good one to go to.