PDA

View Full Version : Mothrewell fc Overerkill !

monktonharp
26-01-2020, 12:43 AM
Yesterday, at Fir Park the Stewarding and Policing at the away end was totally out of order. steel railings, and lots of Police and Security muppets in attendance actually telling normal fans that they will be " full body searched for potential pyrotechnics/ etc etc. I have never witnessed this level of security nonsense in my life at a match and I am totally appaulled that this lead to 2 of our Branch members missing the game! I asked why they were searching me, ( 66 YEARS OLD ) was told that I may have anything like a pyro, a rocket , an item that may cause a problem to the fans around me etc. this is totally disturbing. There was 1 young lad, who looked a wee bit drunk so they would not let him in after a grilling. added to that, one of the "Security Ladies, decided that one of our members looked just a bit worse for wear !. This was totally out of order, as our member happened to have a particular "gait " and the way he walks, did not suit the way she liked|!!! Myself, and his father tried to reason with the security erse but she made her mind up early! His Father ' who had already walked in, had to come out of the gates as his Son was not getting in... I cant believe how these people behaved. was on the verge of being arrested on this issue.

Frazerbob
26-01-2020, 12:54 AM
I take it you weren’t at the last game at Fir Park. The exact same arrangements on the approach to the away end. Measures probably put into place after the game last season when the boy from our young team managed to get in amongst their ultras and it all kicked off.

For what it’s worth, I found their stewards remarkably friendly. One lady outside the Cooper stand asked if I knew where I was going and wished me luck for the game. The stewards at the security check were also very friendly and I wasn’t even patted down.

Then I had to endure the utter dross on show on the park!

ABZHFC
26-01-2020, 12:55 AM
Sorry to hear pal, for what it's worth I actually thought the polis done a good job yesterday

monktonharp
26-01-2020, 01:07 AM
I take it you weren’t at the last game at Fir Park. The exact same arrangements on the approach to the away end. Measures probably put into place after the game last season when the boy from our young team managed to get in amongst their ultras and it all kicked off.

For what it’s worth, I found their stewards remarkably friendly. One lady outside the Cooper stand asked if I knew where I was going and wished me luck for the game. The stewards at the security check were also very friendly and I wasn’t even patted down.

Then I had to endure the utter dross on show on the park!glad to hear you had a good experience. they did not have to ask me where I was going. I was at the entrance, where all Hibs fans were going Are you saying that you were not "patted down" ? I was indeed at the last game at Fir Park. and it was not a young laddie that ran on in front of their fans. he must have been in his late 20's if I recall. what's that got to do wi the buses gaun up the Mound?

Carheenlea
26-01-2020, 01:22 AM
I was embarrassed up at Aberdeen when everyone in front of me got padded down/searched, then when it was my turn I just got waved through - the ultimate insult and confirmation that you’re past it! If you are a certain age and still getting searched and padded down then treat it as a compliment..

monktonharp
26-01-2020, 01:23 AM

Then I had to endure the utter dross on show on the park!Thinking back, when the loony ran on to the park,I can not recall being given a " shake down" by some muppet security guard. that totally " irked" an elderly gentleman yesterday !! and you can argue all you want on that one. would you like that to happen to yer DA?

monktonharp
26-01-2020, 01:30 AM
I was embarrassed up at Aberdeen when everyone in front of me got padded down/searched, then when it was my turn I just got waved through - the ultimate insult and confirmation that you’re past it! If you are a certain age and still getting searched and padded down then treat it as a compliment..pity you looked just past it. what an embarrassment eh? f/king behave yersel that stuff yesterday was disgusting!

givescotlandfreedom
26-01-2020, 01:47 AM
Was the lad the boy in the black jacket? I heard he wasn't being allowed in on my walk up. I also had to neck my bottle of Irn Bru but was able to take in tins,glass jars and plastic bottles etc for the food bank which was beyond the searches.

MWHIBBIES
26-01-2020, 02:13 AM
Had no issues myself but it was way over the top. Guess that's the result of a few of our fans letting us down recently. Simple solution is sit all Hibs fans in the upper tier, massively reduces chance of issues.

kennyh
26-01-2020, 06:13 AM
I thought stewards were friendly but ineffective doing the pat downs.
I had a solid glasses case on my inside pocket and when the steward felt it he asked what it was, I said glasses and he waved me on, similarly with my son he was also waved on and we both thought it was pointless as anyone carrying anything in is never going to volunteer info of what they have in their pockets so to me stewards should either be thorough or not bother.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-01-2020, 06:39 AM
Consequences of minority spoiling things for the majority and the home club being held responsibly for safety & security if things kick off. From above sees Given pervious we’ve been given special treatment.

SouthMoroccoStu
26-01-2020, 08:09 AM
Would like to know if they treat the old firm fans the same way

Keith_M
26-01-2020, 08:45 AM
I objected and got through without being searched.

I blame the idiots that sneak in bottles and pyros for the way the rest of us are being treated.

Thanks guys, you're real stars!

:aok:

Northernhibee
26-01-2020, 09:02 AM
This is why we need to be reporting the coked up ********s who cause trouble. It affects us all and it’ll only get worse if it continues.

greenlex
26-01-2020, 09:06 AM
As long as some of us are letting off pyros ,chucking bottles at players and running on the park we will have to put up with it. It’s inconvenient but necessary Im afraid.

DC_Hibs
26-01-2020, 09:06 AM
Quite the opposite experience for me. Had a thorough “pat down” from a lovely young Ugandan student by the name of Titus. He was like a flipping octopus I tell you but had obviously been warned about away fans “plugging” Pyro and other contraband as he left no stone unturned.

I also put a bottle of Wild Turkey in my food bank donation and polished off half each with my mate Pit Bull before 20mins was up.

Helensburghhibs
26-01-2020, 09:10 AM
No issues with the arrangements yesterday. Our support has done ourselves no favours over the last few years and I didn't think it was over the top. Not good to hear people not getting in but on the other hand some there are some people who take it too far with the drink going to the football. (not saying your group did BTW)

Frazerbob
26-01-2020, 09:11 AM
pity you looked just past it. what an embarrassment eh? f/king behave yersel that stuff yesterday was disgusting!

You sobered up yet? If your tone on here is anything to go by, I’m not surprised you were treated as you claim. Chill out and maybe treat your fellow fans and posters with some respect. You came on here and had a rant, don’t get upset if others had a different experience or opinion.

Keith_M
26-01-2020, 09:14 AM
You sobered up yet? If your tone on here is anything to go by, I’m not surprised you were treated as you claim. Chill out and maybe treat your fellow fans and posters with some respect. You came on here and had a rant, don’t get upset if others had a different experience or opinion.

:agree:

H113EE5
26-01-2020, 10:23 AM
As long as some of us are letting off pyros ,chucking bottles at players and running on the park we will have to put up with it. It’s inconvenient but necessary Im afraid.

Exactly. Some of our ‘fans’ give reason for the extra security.

wookie70
26-01-2020, 10:45 AM
Given our young teams behaviour with pyro, invading pitches and throwing items it isn't surprising. I was there early and was searched. It was a search where I had to empty my pockets and the steward dealt with it well. Friendly but firm. 3 young girls were stopped at the side of me. They were a bit wobbly but not too bad. Lady steward talked to them searched them and let them through. If I was their parent I would have viewed that as a duty of care. If you are bothered with the levels of stewarding blame our young crew imo not folk doing their job, which they did politely and professionally from what I witnessed.

Alfred E Newman
26-01-2020, 11:09 AM
I was just waved through yesterday but the stewards were only doing their job and were doing it in a good humoured way with a bit of patter thrown in.

18Craig75
26-01-2020, 11:19 AM
No issues with the arrangements yesterday. Our support has done ourselves no favours over the last few years and I didn't think it was over the top. Not good to hear people not getting in but on the other hand some there are some people who take it too far with the drink going to the football. (not saying your group did BTW)

Agreed. We were in the cooper lounge before hand, stewards all friendly and informative.

I had my glasses in my pocket without a case, the steward gave them a good squeeze to the point I thought they’d been reduced to a pair of lenses. He apologised and we had a laugh.

Until the idiots of our support start to behave we’ll have to get used to this. There was coins thrown again yesterday at their left winger whilst retrieving a ball before a corner in the first half. I mean who feels compelled to throw something at a Motherwell player? Or any player for that matter.

Green-Hibee-7
26-01-2020, 11:25 AM
In fairness, these type of searches have been ongoing for years now - I would be surprised if anyone who regularly travels has never seen anything like yesterday before. You could argue for and against it all day in regards to the searches. I do think football fans get a rougher deal than say that of their rugby counterparts and that in 2020 we should all be treated with a bit more respect. However my overriding opinion/experience as well as how I approach the situation is just let the steward pat me down, it takes 5 seconds if your lucky and on you go. Generally when people start being confrontational and argue about being searched it takes longer for everyone else.

Antifa Hibs
26-01-2020, 11:26 AM
Mountain out a molehole from the OP? I can't think of an away game i havn't been searched this season? Same for any major gig or boxing or MMA event etc. Would be easier if it didn't happen so i could get my hipflask back in but hey ho - no biggy :greengrin

Oscar T Grouch
26-01-2020, 11:26 AM
Stewards were friendly enough yesterday. A bit disappointed the food bank collection was at the home gates only, there were social media posts specifically asking Hibees to contribute but there was no knowledge of it from the stewards or the bucket shaker volunteers, who very kindly offered to take my Donation round with them once they’d finished.

Lago
26-01-2020, 01:07 PM
The OP seems to be very much in the minority, but if he wants to blame anyone look no further than the lunatics that have misbehaved at ER over the past few seasons.

Frazerbob
26-01-2020, 01:54 PM
Mountain out a molehole from the OP? I can't think of an away game i havn't been searched this season? Same for any major gig or boxing or MMA event etc. Would be easier if it didn't happen so i could get my hipflask back in but hey ho - no biggy :greengrin

You need to find a better hiding place for the hip flask 😉

Sammy7nil
26-01-2020, 06:30 PM
pity you looked just past it. what an embarrassment eh? f/king behave yersel that stuff yesterday was disgusting!

Strange OTT response :confused:

tamig
26-01-2020, 11:23 PM
Strange OTT response :confused:

Strange post-midnight responses from the OP are pretty commonplace tbf.

givescotlandfreedom
26-01-2020, 11:37 PM
Stewards were friendly enough yesterday. A bit disappointed the food bank collection was at the home gates only, there were social media posts specifically asking Hibees to contribute but there was no knowledge of it from the stewards or the bucket shaker volunteers, who very kindly offered to take my Donation round with them once they’d finished.
There was a green trolly just as you reached the away end. Lassies offered to rake mine too but a colleague told her.

monktonharp
27-01-2020, 09:13 PM
Strange post-midnight responses from the OP are pretty commonplace tbf.hi Tamig, a bit early but I'm back:wink:

Just_Jimmy
27-01-2020, 09:30 PM
Being potentially subject to a Search is a condition of entry on the ticket.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

The Pointer
27-01-2020, 09:54 PM
Reminds me of going into Hampden a few years ago for the Scotland v Poland match with big warnings that everyone would be patted down prior to entry, which indeed we were, by the cops. I wasn't sure why Scottish fans had to be subjected to this as we don't have a history of it, but what followed showed we were being done just to satisfy 'equality'.

It quickly proved how pointless an exercise it was because as soon as Poland scored, the Polish fans below us erupted with the biggest pyro display I've ever seen with what seemed like dozens of red flares. Obviously Strathclyde's Finest had bottled out of doing the oppo fans.

monktonharp
27-01-2020, 10:26 PM
Was the lad the boy in the black jacket? I heard he wasn't being allowed in on my walk up. I also had to neck my bottle of Irn Bru but was able to take in tins,glass jars and plastic bottles etc for the food bank which was beyond the searches.wont go on about it anymore, but my OP was , yes a rant, though not entirely about the full body search issue. More to do with the fact that one of our lads was singularly picked out because he had an impedament in the way he walks. this led to him being accused of not "fit for purpose" (my words, not the security). his father and I tried to reason with and explain the situation. this situation initially rose from the FACT that a young lad just before that was undoubtably drunk. the person I refer to had a light blueish jacket if I recall.

Carheenlea
28-01-2020, 11:41 AM

I was just being light hearted. I thought watching a line of people in front getting searched then upon being eyed up by the police just politely waving me through was quite amusing.

Remember seeing an elderly Maude McFarlane getting searched at Ibrox before marching in with her walking stick - found that funny too. Not everyone shares the same sense of humour of course.

Onion
28-01-2020, 12:00 PM
Being subjected to search and treated like criminals is sadly part of the game. It gets my goat now and again but then I remind myself it’s because of the idiots that form part of our support. FWIW I didn’t think Motherwell was much worse than previous visits or others I’ve experienced over the years. Search helps to keep us all safe.