PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CLUB THANKS HIBERNIAN SUPPORTERS

RSS Bot
25-01-2020, 08:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10522)

tamig
25-01-2020, 08:05 PM
No excuse for anyone who can afford it not to contribute now.

PaulSmith
25-01-2020, 08:08 PM

Apart from those who only wanted to contribute towards HSL owning the initially stated % to safeguard the club for life?

The 90+2
25-01-2020, 08:10 PM
This isn’t going to go down well.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2020, 08:11 PM

There really is.

It's a pretty big reason as to why I'll be stopping my HSL contribution.

Scotty Leither
25-01-2020, 08:11 PM
Please tell me this isn't the extent of the "vision statement" we've been waiting on is it???

100 words approx on the club website?

matty_f
25-01-2020, 08:13 PM
Please tell me this isn't the extent of the "vision statement" we've been waiting on is it???

Do you think that's it?

Heisenberg
25-01-2020, 08:14 PM

Yes of course, this is clearly the major update that we’ve all been waiting on.

Real Emerald
25-01-2020, 08:14 PM

“Pony Up” 😂

Greencore
25-01-2020, 08:16 PM
Meltdown in 5, 4,3...

tamig
25-01-2020, 08:18 PM
There really is.

Presumably you wanted 100% of your dosh going to the share fund then? Why would you not want that money redirected to help things on the pitch? He’s made it clear that’s where the cash will go. I don’t understand why folk wouldn’t want to help their team just because the share option is closed now.

JoeT
I'm out...it is not for me now.

Baldy Foghorn
We will see how ambitious RG is, by next weeks end of window, if JR is given money to spend or not

Scotty Leither
25-01-2020, 08:19 PM
Do you think that's it?

It appears to be - glib and open to interpretation - poses more questions than answers if you ask me... in fact having read it and re-read it, he's only going to put money in we do?

tamig
25-01-2020, 08:20 PM

You never give up. Doesn’t matter who’s in charge. I think the answer to your question is pretty obvious. But you knew that anyway.

Real Emerald
It appears to be - glib and open to interpretation - poses more questions than answers if you ask me... in fact having read it and re-read it, he's only going to put money in we do?
I want a mysterious benefactor 😡

Pagan Hibernia

id say it’s quite a big excuse to stop paying money in

matty_f
Presumably you wanted 100% of your dosh going to the share fund then? Why would you not want that money redirected to help things on the pitch? He’s made it clear that’s where the cash will go. I don’t understand why folk wouldn’t want to help their team just because the share option is closed now.

I can understand it while there's uncertainty (or at least a lack of clarity) on which direction we're headed under Ron Gordon.

PaulSmith
This isn’t going to go down well.

It will grow arms and legs but that’s unfortunately what happens when you don’t try to control the narrative as the void will always be filled by someone else.

The club I would imagine won’t be too happy at the timing of the statement by HSL.

Keith_M
25-01-2020, 08:21 PM
Surely this is old news.

Why are some people getting so het up about it?

Scotty Leither
25-01-2020, 08:23 PM
You never give up. Doesn’t matter who’s in charge. I think the answer to your question is pretty obvious. But you knew that anyway.

Is it really obvious Tamig?

We've barely heard a cheep from the guy and now we get tossed a bun in the shape of a platitude-riven statement to quell the restless natives, or indeed to soften us up for another transfer window unheralded by any signings that has a whiff of ambition about them?

Real Emerald
25-01-2020, 08:24 PM
Surely this is old news.

Why are some people getting so het up about it?

To be honest I like the idea as I was never really happy with fan ownership but the timing is unbelievably bogging.

matty_f
25-01-2020, 08:25 PM

I'm not sure how to respond to this. You think Hibs have communicated their vision for the future of the club in a couple of paragraphs about the decision to stop further share purchases?

The quotes are to give context to the decision, not to set out a way forward.

I'm sure you mentioned that you had a degree in English iirc, but (no offence) you seem to really struggle with interpreting or at least contextualising some fairly basic statements.

Eyrie
There really is.

I'm the opposite.

I was told when HSL held its vote that my contribution would go entirely how I wanted it to, which in my case was the playing budget.

After the result of the vote it became clear that all contributions would be split in accordance with the voting proportions, which makes sense from an administrative point of view but directly contradicted what I'd been told. So I cancelled my contribution and the playing budget only lost 65%. I wasn't happy about the other 35% being sat on until used to buy existing shares which provides no benefit to the club, unlike the HSL share purchases.

I'll restart if all the money is going into the playing budget.

Pretty Boy

It's not as simple as that. It's about accountability.

I buy a ST. For that I expect to watch 90 minutes of football when Hibs are at home. There are obviously other perks but that's essentially it.

Likewise if I go to Tesco and buy a loaf of bread and a pint of milk I'd expect exactly that. However if someone was then standing at the end of the till every time I visited asking for a tenner to fund the 'food department' I'd have a few questions and expect a degree of control over how my money was spent.

Why is a football club any different? I've been an enthusiastic supporter of HSL, to the extent I was personally threatened on more than one occasion. However this just removes all accountability. Previously the money all went to the football department but it was in return for shares thus giving HSL contributors a voice through the acquisition of said shares. Now the club expects the same fans to continue to hand over money but they are removing that voice, the ability to hold those running the club to account and the ability to influence decision making. If people are happy with that then fine. I'm not.

500miles
25-01-2020, 08:26 PM
The underlying problem is fan ownership for a club that doesn't have international following or the threat of oblivion hanging over them, is a pipe dream.

Heisenberg
25-01-2020, 08:28 PM

I buy a ST. For that I expect to watch 90 minutes of football when Hibs are at home. There are obviously other perks but that's essentially it.

Likewise if I go to Tesco and buy a loaf of bread and a pint of milk I'd expect exactly that. However if someone was then standing at the end of the till every time I visited asking for a tenner to fund the 'food department' I'd have a few questions and expect a degree of control over how my money was spent.

Why is a football club any different? I've been an enthusiastic supporter of HSL, to the extent I was personally threatened on more than one occasion. However this just removes all accountability. Previously the money all went to the football department but it was in return for shares thus giving HSL contributors a voice through the acquisition of said shares. Now the club expects the same fans to continue to hand over money but they are removing that voice, the ability to hold those running the club to account and the ability to influence decision making. If people are happy with that then fine. I'm not.

The fans will always have a voice and will always be able to hold those running the club to account. That will never change.

Keith_M
25-01-2020, 08:30 PM
To be honest I like the idea as I was never really happy with fan ownership but the timing is unbelievably bogging.

OK, I suppose with people desperate to hear RG's plans for the club.

I'm not convinced he really has any but happy to be proven wrong.

The 90+2
25-01-2020, 08:31 PM
It will grow arms and legs but that’s unfortunately what happens when you don’t try to control the narrative as the void will always be filled by someone else.

The club I would imagine won’t be too happy at the timing of the statement by HSL.

I agree.

HSL was probably waiting for the Masterplan to be released by now though, at least they are being true to the investors.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2020, 08:31 PM
The fans will always have a voice and will always be able to hold those running the club to account. That will never change.

In a meaningful way? Call me sceptical.

Short of whitholding our money by not attending games, which a hardcore (including myself) will never do, there is little we can do to influence how the current or future custodians of the club run the business.

PaulSmith
25-01-2020, 08:33 PM

I buy a ST. For that I expect to watch 90 minutes of foptva when Hibs are at home. There are obviously other perks but that's essentially it.

Your post sums it up brilliantly.

All other clubs sell shares or at least offer discounts or benefits, Hibs just want extra monthly DD’s into their account....Plus they want more money to buy tickets online and watch stuff from Hibs TV behind a paid firewall.

It will, as ever, be a personal decision for everyone to contribute or not.

Scotty Leither
25-01-2020, 08:33 PM
I'm not sure how to respond to this. You think Hibs have communicated their vision for the future of the club in a couple of paragraphs about the decision to stop further share purchases?

The quotes are to give context to the decision, not to set out a way forward.

I'm sure you mentioned that you had a degree in English iirc, but (no offence) you seem to really struggle with interpreting or at least contextualising some fairly basic statements.

Bit in bold - they've already said that, so i've got that bit, thanks. I'm just utterly underwhelmed by this new guy whose stated intent when he came in was to be "best of the rest" and ultimately mount a challenge for the league.

He now (partly by dint of the all-too familiar parsimony in the transfer window) appears to be rowing back from that at a rate of knots - you seem to have trouble understanding that there's a few of us who might want to ask some questions around that.

Others like you might just want to believer the Board know best and they've not to be scrutinized or asked to define their end game.

No offence if i've picked you up wrong or are misinterpreting you.

matty_f
25-01-2020, 08:34 PM
Bit in bold - they've already said that, so i've got that bit, thanks. I'm just utterly underwhelmed by this new guy whose stated intent when he came in was to be "best of the rest" and ultimately mount a challenge for the league.

He now (partly by dint of the all-too familiar parsimony in the transfer window) appears to be rowing back from that at a rate of knots - you seem to have trouble understanding that there's a few of us who might want to ask some questions around that.

Others like you might just want to believer the Board know best and they've not to be scrutinized or asked to define their end game.

No offence if i've picked you up wrong or are misinterpreting you.

None taken.

Real Emerald
25-01-2020, 08:35 PM
OK, I suppose with people desperate to hear RG's plans for the club.

I'm not convinced he really has any but happy to be proven wrong.

One thing is for sure is Ron needs to get his plans out pronto now. Until he does things will fester on. Unless of course this is it, surely not.

Scotty Leither
25-01-2020, 08:37 PM
None taken.

Same :aok:

tamig
25-01-2020, 08:49 PM

That’s fair enough. Your penultimate sentence is the key though. It’s an individual choice. A majority of HSL donators were happy to see their money go to the product on the pitch. I am firmly in that camp. I don’t care about getting anything in return if my team is competing and punching it’s weight.

LeithMike
25-01-2020, 08:52 PM
]
Presumably you wanted 100% of your dosh going to the share fund then? Why would you not want that money redirected to help things on the pitch? He’s made it clear that’s where the cash will go. I don’t understand why folk wouldn’t want to help their team just because the share option is closed now.Poor comment in my opinion. HSL in it's original form allowed supporters to INVEST in the club. As well as contributing to the funding of the club, we also received shares, giving us a stake in the finances of the club and a say in its affairs. It's now effectively the club looking for a handout and the money going in may increase the value of RG's shareholding. I think this is really poor and HSL have been treated appallingly in the sale and acquisition of the club. While I love my football club and want to secure its future there are far more important things in life deserving of handouts than highly paid footballers.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
25-01-2020, 08:55 PM
That’s fair enough. Your penultimate sentence is the key though. It’s an individual choice. A majority of HSL donators were happy to see their money go to the product on the pitch. I am firmly in that camp. I don’t care about getting anything in return if my team is competing and punching it’s weight.

The team is not really competing at the moment and certainly not punching above our weight. It's time we were told of RG's plans

Pagan Hibernia
25-01-2020, 08:55 PM
]Poor comment in my opinion. HSL in it's original form allowed supporters to INVEST in the club. As well as contributing to the funding of the club, we also received shares, giving us a stake in the finances of the club and a say in its affairs. It's now effectively the club looking for a handout and the money going in may increase the value of RG's shareholding. I think this is really poor and HSL have been treated appallingly in the sale and acquisition of the club. While I love my football club and want to secure its future there are far more important things in life deserving of handouts than highly paid footballers.

exactly how I feel, but expressed far more eloquently than I ever could

Baldy Foghorn
25-01-2020, 08:56 PM
]Poor comment in my opinion. HSL in it's original form allowed supporters to INVEST in the club. As well as contributing to the funding of the club, we also received shares, giving us a stake in the finances of the club and a say in its affairs. It's now effectively the club looking for a handout and the money going in may increase the value of RG's shareholding. I think this is really poor and HSL have been treated appallingly in the sale and acquisition of the club. While I love my football club and want to secure its future there are far more important things in life deserving of handouts than highly paid footballers.

A supposed millionaire who wants fans to invest, without hearing his mission statement and visions for the Club is galling

Radium
25-01-2020, 08:56 PM

There will be many perfectly reasonable reasons that people will not contribute and they simply do not have to justify themselves.

It is voluntary.

Personally I have paused my contributions whilst I await what the owner’s plans are.

I don’t have any major gripe with the club but will be interested to see how much they want for season tickets next year before I consider restarting any payments. It does seem that the owner is expecting more money from supporters and like many people there’s a limit to how much I can take from my family’s income.

An obvious point but one worth making. This is a deliberate and considered decision by the owner. He has set out to thwart HSL in terms of them gaining shares and has done so.

Now time for him to pony up with his plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eyrie
25-01-2020, 08:57 PM

If you're not happy with Tesco then you can shop at Asda or Morrisons. If you're not happy with Hibs, I don't see you attending the Tiny PBS or Spaghettihad instead.

There is still accountability by the club to its shareholders (HSL or individuals like us) and to the fans. So if the money goes on better wages for the players, we're happy. If it goes on disco lights, we stop paying in.

Mikey
25-01-2020, 09:00 PM
We're in a transfer window that people are screaming out for the club to spend money in, yet many are all set to stop their own contributions. How's the next transfer window going to go then?

GonzoReturns
25-01-2020, 09:01 PM
We compare ourselves to Aberdeen. Can understand why some folk aren’t happy but for me it’s about stepping up. Time to pony up.

Col2
25-01-2020, 09:03 PM
Don’t plan to stop my contributions but I am sorry, this statement is damage limitation with a mix of emotional blackmail.

Basically Hibs are saying:-
1. We won’t issue any more shares
2. But you better not cancel your contributions to HSL
3. If you do, you will be partly responsible for the lack of player investment.
4. We will be in touch in 6 months or so (over and above season ticket renewal in Feb/March

Baldy Foghorn
25-01-2020, 09:05 PM
We're in a transfer window that people are screaming out for the club to spend money in, yet many are all set to stop their own contributions. How's the next transfer window going to go then?

Be nice to receive the Account's to see how much money the club has?

Pagan Hibernia
25-01-2020, 09:05 PM

a club like Hibs should be self sustainable without additional donations.

tonyrougier123
25-01-2020, 09:06 PM
This needs explaining more than that brief statement?
Are we expected to now essentially buy our own squad without having knowledge of who we intend to sign,how much it costs or have dibs in who we go for.just blindly pay in more donations.
This needs thorough planning and communication.
Is this the plans going forward or is this just the end of the hsl matter?
If this is how we are moving forward I think we as a support need to be smarter, and the different branches should call a joint meeting to discuss this.
And then ask the questions if the club wont make things clear.

If its a case of the folk who can afford it just donating more,then said donations should be organised projects.
For example a certain target in the transfer market needs x amount heres what we need from donators,with a selected trusted band of people working with the club on achieving the target.
And bucket collections at games.etc.

PaulSmith
25-01-2020, 09:07 PM

Hopefully better if the club get their finger out and attract a shirt sponsor, create better commercial sponsorship deals and we recruit players who are hungry to succeed who can then be sold at a profit.

All of the above dwarfs any HSL reduction in income.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MyJo
25-01-2020, 09:07 PM
HSL are shareholders in the club, just like RG is.

If supporters are expecting RG as majority shareholder to pour money into the club it’s not unreasonable to expect that other shareholders to do the same.

HSL’s remit now is to fundraise in order to invest in the club with a commitment from the board that any money they invest will be put towards the playing budget.

If people don’t want to fund that without HSL receiving shares in return that’s a perfectly valid choice as it isn’t what they were set up to do. On the other hand if people don’t care about fan ownership and buying shares but want to put and affordable amount of their money into the club, as we are expecting RG to do, then that’s also a perfectly valid choice and HSL gives them a way to do this.

Some people will want to know what the majority shareholder is committing to before they decide if they want to donate to HSL. That’s fair enough but the relentless negativity about it is very tiring and doing nothing to help the club at this point.

Give them a chance, these things don’t happen overnight.

weecounty hibby
25-01-2020, 09:08 PM
I put away a relatively small amount every month. Don't even notice it coming out of my bank any more. Don't give a **** about shares, or certificates, or owning part of the club. I have always wanted my money to contribute to the playing budget. And before anyone says but but but. If it means my money pays towards a lightbulb then I'm ok with that because at the end of the day that would ultimately come out of the playing budget. There is no way to split the club annual running costs from the playing budget, one and the same and interlinked.

Onceinawhile
25-01-2020, 09:09 PM
a club like Hibs should be self sustainable without additional donations.

We should. But that puts us with the 5th biggest budget and it wouldn't be close to Aberdeen and hearts in 3rd and 4th.

Stuart93
25-01-2020, 09:11 PM
Ron’s plan and vision needs to be communicated and very soon.

tamig
25-01-2020, 09:13 PM

If supporters are expecting RG as majority shareholder to pour money into the club it’s not unreasonable to expect that other shareholders to do the same.

HSL’s remit now is to fundraise in order to invest in the club with a commitment from the board that any money they invest will be put towards the playing budget.

If people don’t want to fund that without HSL receiving shares in return that’s a perfectly valid choice as it isn’t what they were set up to do. On the other hand if people don’t care about fan ownership and buying shares but want to put and affordable amount of their money into the club, as we are expecting RG to do, then that’s also a perfectly valid choice and HSL gives them a way to do this.

Some people will want to know what the majority shareholder is committing to before they decide if they want to donate to HSL. That’s fair enough but the relentless negativity about it is very tiring and doing nothing to help the club at this point.

Well said.

Eyrie
25-01-2020, 09:14 PM
We should. But that puts us with the 5th biggest budget and it wouldn't be close to Aberdeen and hearts in 3rd and 4th.

Both of whom have the additional donations.

I think it would help if HSL donators should get some benefit eg 10% off in the shop or the cost of a season ticket. The AberDNA scheme has perks like that.

Stuart93
25-01-2020, 09:16 PM

I think it would help if HSL donators should get some benefit eg 10% off in the shop or the cost of a season ticket. The AberDNA scheme has perks like that.

But then that’s taking income from elsewhere?

Barney McGrew
25-01-2020, 09:18 PM

:agree:

The last set of figures ran to a period that was nearly 20 months ago, and there’s been several significant events since that shareholders still have no visibility of. Pretty poor IMO.

Hibeesmad
25-01-2020, 09:18 PM

Surely we will hear something as soon as the window is over with.

PaulSmith
25-01-2020, 09:19 PM

[emoji106]

You mean something simple and tangible like..

Join Hibernian Supporters and if you pay in a minimum of £15 per month you’ll not pay any additional ticketing costs, we’ll give you UK Hibs TV and 10% discount at the shop on non match days?

Radium
25-01-2020, 09:22 PM

One will be (quite reasonably) looking to grow their investment, the other was to stop a future carpetbagger and is not seeking any return. The person looking to grow an investment has to decide how they grow the investment. There is no responsibility on the ones with a protective shareholding to grow their investment

bingo70
25-01-2020, 09:25 PM
:agree:

The last set of figures ran to a period that was nearly 20 months ago, and there’s been several significant events since that shareholders still have no visibility of. Pretty poor IMO.

Is there a legal requirement to hold the AGM, or at least make the accounts available by a certain date?

PaulSmith
25-01-2020, 09:27 PM
Is there a legal requirement to hold the AGM, or at least make the accounts available by a certain date?

Accounts

Next accounts made up to 30 June 2019
due by 31 March 2020

Last accounts made up to 30 June 2018

Confirmation statement

Next statement date 31 December 2019
due by 14 January 2020

Last statement dated 31 December 2018

B.H.F.C
25-01-2020, 09:32 PM

Exactly. Why the big secret? I don’t get it, it’s never been the case before.

If it was good on the pitch we probably wouldn’t care but it’s not. So it’s drawing more attention.

Eyrie
25-01-2020, 09:33 PM
But then that’s taking income from elsewhere?
Not really.

If I pay £10 per month via HSL and get 10% off my season ticket, then the club is up by £80. I don't spend anything in the shop but even if I did I doubt I'd manage to spend £800 to wipe out the rest of my donation.

[emoji106]

You mean something simple and tangible like..

Join Hibernian Supporters and if you pay in a minimum of £15 per month you’ll not pay any additional ticketing costs, we’ll give you UK Hibs TV and 10% discount at the shop on non match days?

Now that would encourage people to donate :agree:

Stuart93
25-01-2020, 09:36 PM
Not really.

If I pay £10 per month via HSL and get 10% off my season ticket, then the club is up by £80. I don't spend anything in the shop but even if I did I doubt I'd manage to spend £800 to wipe out the rest of my donation.

Now that would encourage people to donate :agree:

Aye fair enough. I contribute to HSL probably won’t stop but it would be good to get some incentive

weecounty hibby
25-01-2020, 09:41 PM
Aye fair enough. I contribute to HSL probably won’t stop but it would be good to get some incentive
Surely the incentive is Hibs being better and competing with others in the league who have similar as well as mystery benefactors

Fergos
25-01-2020, 09:44 PM
Whether this is the right or wrong thing to do is debatable, for me however, this should have been part of a wider statement regarding RGs overall plan and vision.

GGTTH

Joe6-2
25-01-2020, 09:49 PM
Whether this is the right or wrong thing to do is debatable, for me however, this should have been part of a wider statement regarding RGs overall plan and vision.

GGTTH

This

Radium
25-01-2020, 09:49 PM
Surely the incentive is Hibs being better and competing with others in the league who have similar as well as mystery benefactors

There’s a club with a bigger budget than us, 15 points behind and languishing at the bottom of the league.

One with a smaller budget 3 places above us.

Money is no guarantee of success and we have an already healthy budget for the league we are in.

Not suggesting that you should not contribute, just offering a different perspective

Radium
25-01-2020, 09:50 PM

GGTTH

Absolutely

jeffers
25-01-2020, 09:51 PM
Out of interest does anyone know what happened to the £1.25 million RG injected into the club's accounts ?

Jones28
25-01-2020, 09:52 PM
I still have faith, but it is becoming strained by the drip-feed of info. I do think, however, that advertising how much money the club has in the bank during a transfer window would be stupid beyond belief.

BILLYHIBS
25-01-2020, 09:54 PM
Boo!

The 90+2
25-01-2020, 09:54 PM

What if that mystery benefactor is their owner while we have an owner that it remains a ****ing mystery what he’s putting in?

Real Emerald
25-01-2020, 09:56 PM
I still have faith, but it is becoming strained by the drip-feed of info. I do think, however, that advertising how much money the club has in the bank during a transfer window would be stupid beyond belief.

I don’t think Hibs are hiding their stash to be coy in the transfer window. We’re not exactly Man City.

The 90+2
25-01-2020, 09:56 PM
Out of interest does anyone know what happened to the £1.25 million RG injected into the club's accounts ?

Some indoor pitch? But nobody bring up the indoor pitch. Or McGinns money? Or the add on for Villa going up. While we’re kicking about waiting for Shaw to be sold.

What happened to all the exciting announcements that was going to come about when we failed to, sorry our main sponsor was what it is?

The 90+2
25-01-2020, 09:57 PM

GGTTH

It’s only been 7 months. Give him time man.

PaulSmith
25-01-2020, 09:59 PM

Not sure I follow as the accounts would only be made up to 30th June 2019?

I

The Modfather
25-01-2020, 10:01 PM

If we can afford not to bother with a sponsor I’d imagine it won’t be make or break as to how the next window goes as to how much extra the fans put in on top of everything we already do.

jeffers
25-01-2020, 10:04 PM
Some indoor pitch? But nobody bring up the indoor pitch. Or McGinns money? Or the add on for Villa going up. While we’re kicking about waiting for Shaw to be sold.

What happened to all the exciting announcements that was going to come about when we failed to, sorry our main sponsor was what it is?

The trouble is some 7 months or so later and some throwaway comment about finishing "best of the rest" we are still none the wiser about RG's plans. At the moment it looks no more than a vanity project to me.

Jones28
25-01-2020, 10:06 PM
I don’t think Hibs are hiding their stash to be coy in the transfer window. We’re not exactly Man City.

No, but they wouldn’t brag about finance when there’s deals to be done....maybe.

Vault Boy
25-01-2020, 10:06 PM
I think confirmation of the amount RG has already paid to clear our debt and make an initial cash investment displays plenty of intent. Also, that he's not 'skint,' which has been quite hilariously thrown around online.

Looking forward to more from him in the coming weeks and months.

Brightside
25-01-2020, 10:09 PM

GGTTH

Correct. Poor poor very poor

Frankhfc
25-01-2020, 10:10 PM
What if that mystery benefactor is their owner while we have an owner that it remains a ****ing mystery what he’s putting in?

It's been widely speculated upon that its not Budge and its Baillie Gifford who're gifting Hearts substantial extra funding.

Greencore
Ron Gordon:
You know, a club with money's a little like the mule with the spinning wheel. No one knows how he got it and danged if he knows how to use it.
Darren macgregor:
Heh-heh, mule.
Ron Gordon :
The name's Ron, Ron Gordon. And I come before you good people tonight with an idea. Probably the greatest—Aw, it's not for you. It's more a gorgie idea.
Rod petrie:
Now, wait just a minute. We're twice as smart as the people of Gorgie. Just tell us your idea and we'll vote for it.
Ron Gordon:
All right. I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll show you my idea. I give you the new indoor pitch at htc!
(everyone gasps)
I've sold indoor pitches to Livingston, Alloa, and Kilmarnock , and, by gum, it put them on the map!
Well, sir, there's nothin' on Earth like a genuine bona-fide electrified six-car indoor pitch! What'd I say?
Lewis Stevenson :
Indoor pitch!
Ron Gordon:
What's it called?
Tam the kit man:
Indoor pitch.
Ron gordon:
That's right!
Indoor pitch!
Sqaud:
Indoor pitch...indoor pitch...indoor pitch... (continue over the following lyrics)
Sir Tom Farmer:
I hear those things are awfully damp.
Ron Gordon :
It glides as softly as a cloud.
Jack Ross:
Is there a chance the pitch could bend?
Ron Gordon :
Not on your life, my weegie friend.
Leann dempster :
What about us brain-dead slobs?
Ron Gordon :
You'll be given cushy jobs.
Majority of hibs. Net:
Were you sent here by the devil?
Ron Gordon :
No, good sirs, I'm on the level.
Conrad logan :
The ring came off my pudding can.
Ron Gordon :
Take my pen knife, my good man.
I swear, it's hibs's only choice!
Throw up your hands and raise your voice!
All:
Indoor pitch ...
Ron Gordon :
What's it called?
Indoor pitch ...
Once again!
INDOOR PITCH!
Rod petrie:
But Main Stand's still all cracked and broken.
Doidge:
Sorry, Rod, the mob has spoken!
All:
Indoor pitch...
Indoor pitch!
Indoor pitch!
Indoor pitch!
Stevie Mallan:
In—D'oh!

Jones28
Not sure I follow as the accounts would only be made up to 30th June 2019?

I

Well the club aren’t going to advertise how solvent that are when transfers could be dependant on cash flow?

PaulSmith
25-01-2020, 10:13 PM
Correct. Poor poor very poor

On the part of HSL or Hibs?

Jones28
25-01-2020, 10:13 PM
Ron Gordon:
You know, a club with money's a little like the mule with the spinning wheel. No one knows how he got it and danged if he knows how to use it.
Darren macgregor:
Heh-heh, mule.
Ron Gordon :
The name's Ron, Ron Gordon. And I come before you good people tonight with an idea. Probably the greatest—Aw, it's not for you. It's more a gordgie idea.
Rod petrie:
Now, wait just a minute. We're twice as smart as the people of Gorgie. Just tell us your idea and we'll vote for it.
Ron Gordon:
All right. I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll show you my idea. I give you the new indoor pitch at htc!
(everyone gasps)
I've sold indoor pitches to Livingston, Alloa, and Kilmarnock , and, by gum, it put them on the map!
Well, sir, there's nothin' on Earth like a genuine bona-fide electrified six-car indoor pitch! What'd I say?
Lewis Stevenson :
Indoor pitch!
Ron Gordon:
What's it called?
Tam the kit man:
Indoor pitch.
Ron gordon:
That's right!
Indoor pitch!
Sqaud:
Indoor pitch...indoor pitch...indoor pitch... (continue over the following lyrics)
Sir Tom Farmer:
I hear those things are awfully damp.
Ron Gordon :
It glides as softly as a cloud.
Jack Ross:
Is there a chance the pitch could bend?
Ron Gordon :
Not on your life, my weegie friend.
Leann dempster :
What about us brain-dead slobs?
Ron Gordon :
You'll be given cushy jobs.
Majority of hibs. Net:
Were you sent here by the devil?
Ron Gordon :
No, good sirs, I'm on the level.
Conrad logan :
The ring came off my pudding can.
Ron Gordon :
Take my pen knife, my good man.
I swear, it's hibs's only choice!
Throw up your hands and raise your voice!
All:
Indoor pitch ...
Ron Gordon :
What's it called?
Indoor pitch ...
Once again!
I DOOR PITCH!
Rod petrie:
But Main Stand's still all cracked and broken.
Doidge:
Sorry, Rod, the mob has spoken!
All:
Indoor pitch...
Indoor pitch!
Indoor pitch!
Indoor pitch!
Stevie Mallan:
In—D'oh!

Naw naw naw, you can’t do the monorail gag yet...

Actually naw, you can’t do it at all. The main stand needs a tarting up, but it’s not cracked 😂😂

Greencore
25-01-2020, 10:15 PM
Naw naw naw, you can’t do the monorail gag yet.

Couldn't resist 😂😂😂😂😉
Couldn't think what to write about the main stand 😂

jeffers
25-01-2020, 10:18 PM
Well the club aren’t going to advertise how solvent that are when transfers could be dependant on cash flow?

Yet every other year that I can remember we released the accounts and held the AGM in October and managed to make signings in January.

Vault Boy
25-01-2020, 10:18 PM
Couldn't resist 😂😂😂😂😉
Couldn't think what to write about the main stand 😂

I really wanted to be unamused by the entire post but then Mallan comes in with the 'Ind-D'oh' and it got me.

Classic episode that like. :greengrin

ahibby
25-01-2020, 10:22 PM
Deary me what an ado. If u want the chance of creating a stronger squad then ckntribuye. If u buy a ticket, ST, or Hs or send in a cheque (gift) its up to u. I have gifted cash bfore in various ways and one way or another we all have.

Jones28
25-01-2020, 10:32 PM
Yet every other year that I can remember we released the accounts and held the AGM in October and managed to make signings in January.

Different times mate, have faith 👍🏻

Jones28
25-01-2020, 10:33 PM
Deary me what an ado. If u want the chance of creating a stronger squad then ckntribuye. If u buy a ticket, ST, or Hs or send in a cheque (gift) its up to u. I have gifted cash bfore in various ways and one way or another we all have.

Right everyone, ckntribuye, that’s the key.

jeffers
25-01-2020, 10:34 PM
Different times mate, have faith 👍🏻

The longer it goes on the harder it is to do so.

madhatter
25-01-2020, 10:34 PM
I knew this was coming but there is just something a bit wrong with the timing of all of this. We are in the last week of a transfer window in a season where we've under performed again, we are all waiting to here the master plan for our club and we get delivered the news that if we keep giving money not to expect any ownership % in return. Community club wanting donations from community members stinks especially with a wealthy owner in charge. Is this the first stage in fan reps getting removed from board etc?

What does the "football program" actually mean? The youth development? If so, cancel that spending as we are terrible at it!

Club need to incentivise this now otherwise it literally is just donations for the club to spend willy-nilly, signing players like Vela while people are making personal sacrifices each month to give a little to the club.

Not saying it is happening but the current model would be a great con/money laundering method.

Jones28
25-01-2020, 10:36 PM
The longer it goes on the harder it is to do so.

I agree, we need something.

Scotty Leither
25-01-2020, 10:37 PM
It's been widely speculated upon that its not Budge and its Baillie Gifford who're gifting Hearts substantial extra funding.

Yup, my understanding too that it's 3 cardigan wearers from there.

It's also why I believe the boy Paton is on the Board to try and make inroads into the Edinburgh business community using his contacts.

Patience is a virtue, but I really wish we'd move things along a wee bit quicker, though.

Golden Bear
25-01-2020, 10:38 PM
I'm now in. The skies have cleared, no more clouds on the horizon, happy to contribute to my beloved FOOTBALL club.

3pm
25-01-2020, 10:39 PM
While not in keeping with the initial objective, I don’t mind paying a bit extra if it is properly invested in the playing squad. Any additional money needs to be better utilised to improve on the pish we have just now though.

I don’t like the idea of paying cash over without seeing Ron’s plan but I also want to win.

I’d probably feel guilty if I never paid my extra tenner. Pathetic really. :greengrin

jeffers
25-01-2020, 10:40 PM
I agree, we need something.

You'd like to think after this time when we do hear something it will be big news but the cynic in me doesn't think so. If it's some pish about the "match day experience" I'll be less than amused. The match day experience to me is what happens on the pitch for 90 minutes.

Scotty Leither
25-01-2020, 10:47 PM
While not in keeping with the initial objective, I don’t mind paying a bit extra if it is properly invested in the playing squad. Any additional money needs to be better utilised to improve on the pish we have just now though.

I don’t like the idea of paying cash over without seeing Ron’s plan but I also want to win.

I’d probably feel guilty if I never paid my extra tenner. Pathetic really. :greengrin

I stopped paying a reasonable amount of money into HSL about a year ago because of prevailing personal circumstances at the time, not because I wanted to make a "protest" or anything like that, I actually trusted HSL and Petrie and Farmer, much as I never cared much for Petrie's way of doing things.

I'm now in a position of being able to reinstate my DD, and for a good deal more than my original monthly payment, but i'm not parting with a ha'penny until this guy makes his position and plans absolutely clear, and that statement on the website tonight raises more questions than it provides answers.

Ironically it's only made the push for him to outline his plans more pressing than they were before the club published it in the last two hours.

Deansy
25-01-2020, 11:02 PM

GGTTH

Just as the team has had a long-standing problem with throw-ins, it's matched by the board's long-standing problem with communication ...................

Hibbyradge
25-01-2020, 11:06 PM
I'm happy with that. 👍

Iain G
25-01-2020, 11:09 PM
Are they getting a big hollow plastic cow to allow us to pop out extra donations in to help fund the club do unspecified things with it? If budge and co came out with such a statement asking for donations for no return we would be all over it!

The wording is bad, the timing is awful and with no communication about what the actual plan is to move Hibs forward this seems a very odd thing to say. HSL have caught them on the hop and the club should have worked with them with a clear and joined up statement.

This feels like the begging bowl is out.

stoneyburn hibs
Clarity please Hibs
This cloak and dagger pish is really wearing thin.

CloudSquall
Reading the thread title and then seeing 106 replies was enough already for me to get the kleenex out and get Saturday night started before even opening the thread nevermind the actual article.

The 90+2
25-01-2020, 11:13 PM
I'm happy with that. 👍

Ian G below your post shows why nobody should be happy with the statement. Unless there’s some video that goes along with it with the snake from the jungle book that I’ve not seen yet or there’s a catchy tune going na na na na na na Gordon to the tune of batman?

The 90+2
25-01-2020, 11:15 PM
Are they getting a big hollow plastic cow to allow us to pop out extra donations in to help fund the club do unspecified things with it? If budge and co came out with such a statement asking for donations for no return we would be all over it!

The wording is bad, the timing is awful and with no communication about what the actual plan is to move Hibs forward this seems a very odd thing to say. HSL have caught them on the hop and the club should have worked with them with a clear and joined up statement.

This feels like the begging bowl is out.

Mysteriously it does seem that way. It still reassured me LD wouldn’t put her rep on the line backing it all though, there must be more coming.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2020, 11:22 PM
Ian G below your post shows why nobody should be happy with the statement. Unless there’s some video that goes along with it with the snake from the jungle book that I’ve not seen yet or there’s a catchy tune going na na na na na na Gordon to the tune of batman?

I'm happy with it.

The 90+2
25-01-2020, 11:25 PM
I'm happy with it.

Fair dos mate 👍

Smartie
25-01-2020, 11:27 PM

I think it’s naive to the point of being concerning that Hibs have seen fit to put this statement out - “we want you to keep giving us increasing amounts of money but don’t whatever you do expect to have a say in what is done with it. And we’re not going to tell you what we plan to do with the money, or how we plan to raise any more.”

Naive, and doesn’t sound very “competent businessman” to me.

I realised that STF’s change in direction away from fan ownership and towards a new owner would come with problems but I can’t say I’ve been at all impressed with Gordon so far. I reckon STF just decided the time was right to get out and took the first credible offer that came along. He served us well and always did right by us (even when it wasn’t popular) but I don’t really buy that he did any sort of due diligence - he just needed and wanted out to tie up a few loose ends as his health deteriorated.

Speedway
25-01-2020, 11:31 PM
Ron missed a wee chance there:

Press Statement:

Hibs are excited to announce a brand new initiative to help us realise our vision to compete st the top end of the table

All HSL money is now going to JR and for every pound supporters contribute, RG will match it/put a £20 in/put a grand in etc

So let’s build the team together starting today

Weblink etc

Hardly friggin rocket science is it

Iain G
25-01-2020, 11:42 PM
I think it’s naive to the point of being concerning that Hibs have seen fit to put this statement out - “we want you to keep giving us increasing amounts of money but don’t whatever you do expect to have a say in what is done with it. And we’re not going to tell you what we plan to do with the money, or how we plan to raise any more.”

Naive, and doesn’t sound very “competent businessman” to me.

I realised that STF’s change in direction away from fan ownership and towards a new owner would come with problems but I can’t say I’ve been at all impressed with Gordon so far. I reckon STF just decided the time was right to get out and took the first credible offer that came along. He served us well and always did right by us (even when it wasn’t popular) but I don’t really buy that he did any sort of due diligence - he just needed and wanted out to tie up a few loose ends as his health deteriorated.

Maybe he thought you'll do Ron Ron Ron, you'll do Ron Ron?

Real Emerald
25-01-2020, 11:52 PM
Ron missed a wee chance there:

Press Statement:

Hibs are excited to announce a brand new initiative to help us realise our vision to compete st the top end of the table

All HSL money is now going to JR and for every pound supporters contribute, RG will match it/put a £20 in/put a grand in etc

So let’s build the team together starting today

Weblink etc

Hardly friggin rocket science is it

Yes, it definitely needed to go hand in hand with the overall big plan and put to the fans as an innovative way forward. It’s incredibly bad timing coming out on it’s own before we know the bigger picture, especially given the slow transfer window.

It’s typical Hibs though, other clubs rich new owners want to pour money in to see their new toy competing with the best. It appears our rich new owner wants the fans to finance his new toy. Unless he clarifies it of course!

Criswell
26-01-2020, 12:06 AM
The statement claims there is 2400 HSL members and yet have only managed to raise £770,000 since 2015. By my calculations if every member was contributing on average just £10 a month then HSL would be raising almost £300,000 per year. I know there has not always been 2400 members contributing from the beginning but I still find these figures surprisingly low. I myself joined HSL from the outset and will continue to pay into it.

WhileTheChief..
26-01-2020, 12:12 AM
There was always the danger that the club would come to expect and rely on the donations.

That money should been seen as a bonus by them but now ‘it’s an important contributor to the continued growth and success of the club’.

He wasn’t joking with his pony up comment eh.

basehibby
26-01-2020, 12:48 AM
Given that the ownership of the club has changed I do not find it surprising or objectionable that the new owner does not wish to further dilute his stake in the club via HSL or otherwise. The idea of encouraging fan ownership was embarked upon by the previous owners and there's no obligation on RG to continue the scheme. He has pumped about 3.5M into the club and I see that as a considerable commitment albeit I'd like to hear about his plans. Re HSL - I will not be halting my payments just yet but i expect to see a repurposing of the scheme as a matter of urgency. I would suggest some kind of membership scheme is the answer with a continuing understanding that the vast majority of funds raised go straight into the football budget.

monktonharp
26-01-2020, 12:54 AM
No excuse for anyone who can afford it not to contribute now.right then

Weegreenman
26-01-2020, 01:10 AM
I think we’re in real danger of a big dip in season ticket sales next season.
We have made some right rotten decisions regards who we chose as manager and some of the players we’ve brought to the club.

Add the to that the ***** match day experience you now get at ER and then you start to get a sense of things going downhill after the initial upturn since 2016.

Supporters are desperate for a signing and not just any old signing but one that’ll make going to Easter Road that bit more bearable for the rest of this horror show of a season we have left.

I don’t think Ron quite gets it.

Carheenlea
26-01-2020, 01:13 AM
The ultimate commitment for any Hibs fan for me is to be a season ticket holder. I don’t think you can ask for any more that. Many fans who do so buy knowing that they may not be able to make every hone game, but by purchasing a ST they’ve made a commitment to Hibs, and one that they have perhaps made sacrifices elsewhere to justify.
I’m a member of HSL, but anything that devalues the status of one who commits to a season ticket makes me uncomfortable.

Frankhfc
26-01-2020, 01:41 AM
I think we’re in real danger of a big dip in season ticket sales next season.
We have made some right rotten decisions regards who we chose as manager and some of the players we’ve brought to the club.

Add the to that the ***** match day experience you now get at ER and then you start to get a sense of things going downhill after the initial upturn since 2016.

Supporters are desperate for a signing and not just any old signing but one that’ll make going to Easter Road that bit more bearable for the rest of this horror show of a season we have left.

I don’t think Ron quite gets it.

Eh?

Not long after beating the Jambos a couple of weeks back with a hefty fifteen points above them and mid table with a Scottish Cup tie ahead. In what way is this a horror show?

You're at it, away back to kb, now that is a horror show.

Frankhfc
26-01-2020, 01:45 AM
The ultimate commitment for any Hibs fan for me is to be a season ticket holder. I don’t think you can ask for any more that. Many fans who do so buy knowing that they may not be able to make every hone game, but by purchasing a ST they’ve made a commitment to Hibs, and one that they have perhaps made sacrifices elsewhere to justify.
I’m a member of HSL, but anything that devalues the status of one who commits to a season ticket makes me uncomfortable.

:top marks

Season Ticket holders are the lifeblood of any football club, walk ups and other such contributors are a huge secondary bonus. Look after you're main customers should be the mantra of any buisness no matter which field its in.

monktonharp
26-01-2020, 01:50 AM
I’m a member of HSL, but anything that devalues the status of one who commits to a season ticket makes me uncomfortable.excellent comment and the fact that you are also committed the HSL is good. As a regular S.T holder, I hope that I play my part, but of late I am a bit annoyed about the ticket arrangements for games home and away. possibly due to the fact that I am not up to speed with the modern on line situation , nevertheless it does annoy me

The 90+2
26-01-2020, 01:53 AM
Eh?

Not long after beating the Jambos a couple of weeks back with a hefty fifteen points above them and mid table with a Scottish Cup tie ahead. In what way is this a horror show?

You might have missed how far away we are from Europe. Mid table rubbish regardless of how **** hearts are.

Do you at the start of the season base your whole expectation of supporting hibs being ahead of they ****s?

Frankhfc
26-01-2020, 01:58 AM
You might have missed how far away we are from Europe. Mid table rubbish regardless of how **** hearts are.

Do you at the start of the season base your whole expectation of supporting hibs being ahead of they ****s?

Which club out of the two of us would you describe as having a 'horror show season'?

Squealing pig
26-01-2020, 01:59 AM
Spelling mistake in 100 word statement?

SteveHFC
26-01-2020, 02:02 AM
Anyone else starting to get a bit worried about the way club is going.

DetroitHibs
26-01-2020, 02:02 AM
Which club out of the two of us would you describe as having a 'horror show season'?

Wouldn’t say horror show, but it’s been a pretty dire season so far and not great to watch.

Frankhfc
26-01-2020, 02:07 AM
Wouldn’t say horror show, but it’s been a pretty dire season so far and not great to watch.

Not a 'horror show season' but a 'pretty dire season'. Slightly less dramatic but note you add in 'not great to watch'.

We've taken seven points out of the last nine so on an upward trajectory yes?

Not bad for a team that's 'pretty dire and not great to watch'?

The 90+2
26-01-2020, 02:10 AM

Who cares about hearts? They’re ****.

You think people will buy a season ticket next year because we came ahead of them?

The 90+2
26-01-2020, 02:11 AM
Not a 'horror show season' but a 'pretty dire season'. Slightly less dramatic but note you add in 'not great to watch'.

How would you describe our last five games? Pretty dire and not great to watch is ducking bang on 😂😂

MWHIBBIES
26-01-2020, 02:16 AM
How would you describe our last five games? Pretty dire and not great to watch is ducking bang on 😂😂

Considering only one has been at home, we've had many core players injured or suspended and have a squad with clear deficiencies, We've actually done not bad in the last 5. Win the next 2 and I'll be delighted.

Frankhfc
26-01-2020, 02:17 AM
Who cares about hearts? They’re ****.

You think people will buy a season ticket next year because we came ahead of them?

Most Hibs supporters care about where we are against the Jambos. When we beat them a couple of weeks ago it was an extra buzz obviously.

We've just taken seven points out of nine and earned a replay against Dufc and we're all but certain to be top six, not a 'horror season' by any means.

Jack Ross has stabilised us and will look to strengthen in the coming months.

We're in a good place and will sell season tickets next year no doubt despite the doomsters.

Frankhfc
26-01-2020, 02:19 AM
How would you describe our last five games? Pretty dire and not great to watch is ducking bang on ����

Beating the Hearts, Hamilton and a draw at Motherwell with an earned Scottish Cup replay at home against Dufc is pretty good fare in my book but hey crack on.

:greengrin

HH81
26-01-2020, 03:57 AM
I paid into the Hibernians for years and the only reason I never stopped was ticket priority.

This would be cool to add this into the deal, after season tickets and before general sale. I know most would be season ticket holders on her so would only benefit a few.

DetroitHibs
26-01-2020, 04:02 AM

I said a pretty dire season so far, not the last few games or whatever. I stand by my assessment. The football has been poor and the season so far has been sub standard.

hibbysam
26-01-2020, 06:14 AM
Most Hibs supporters care about where we are against the Jambos. When we beat them a couple of weeks ago it was an extra buzz obviously.

We've just taken seven points out of nine and earned a replay against Dufc and we're all but certain to be top six, not a 'horror season' by any means.

Jack Ross has stabilised us and will look to strengthen in the coming months.

We're in a good place and will sell season tickets next year no doubt despite the doomsters.

Could be wrong myself, but haven’t we only taken 4 from 9? Loss to livi, win vs Hamilton, draw vs Motherwell. We’ve done well the last 10 games or so though, but we need to win the games we should be winning to have any chance of catching Aberdeen. Main thing is a positive finish and being nowhere near bottom 6, so that jack can have as long as possible to work towards the summer, if we end up in a position to challenge for Europe then that may change.

Heisenberg
26-01-2020, 06:43 AM

Not particularly, no. The fans had plenty time to buy into HSL and get the shares required but it never happened.

I certainly think some fans will now need a wee bit more of an incentive to keep paying into the club, discounts at the shop and Hibs TV subs are a good idea to start with.

I would also like to have the AGM date set soon to appease those getting restless. I can certainly understand why some are getting uptight about hearing Ron’s plans for the club but I’m not so sure it would be happening if we were flying in the league.

What are you worried about?

MacGruber
26-01-2020, 07:37 AM

Yes.

MacGruber
26-01-2020, 07:54 AM

In Layman's terms:-

I've no idea if my money goes to helping things on the pitch or if it is just going in Ron's pocket. He hasn't earned any trust. There is no accountability.

Am i helping the team or helping the rich get richer.

The football side of the club wanted to loan Shaw. Some other faction of the club seen some £'s and were more interested in that than what the manager wanted.

Record season tickets, McGinn money, savings on debt payment, Ron's 7 figure investment, small squad. All we can afford is 6 month loans and deals provided we ship folk out. Where has the cash gone. When is the AGM?where are the accounts? where is the master plan? Where is Ron? Who is Ron?

If someone from outwith the club wanted to know the general mood of the Hibs support on all things club ownership it would probably be best summed up by... '?'

18Craig75
26-01-2020, 07:57 AM

The way the club is going? As far as I can tell the only way the club is going is up, since the new regime made the decision to sack the woeful manager that was appointed under the last owners.

Ffs some amount of bed wetters here.

If you want to donate something extra on what you already pay in to Hibs, great - every little helps.

If you don’t, then don’t - keep buying your tickets etc and contributing that way.

Folk waiting for some sort of grand plan are going to be disappointed. The work has already started, from the minute RG walked in the door. Not sure that people know quite how neglected the commercial side/stadium maintenance side of the club has been for years.

Relax.

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2020, 08:10 AM
That is either a poorly thought out and badly written statement, or an indication that Ron's continued investment in the club is dependent on Hibernian Supporter's continuing to invest.

I hope it's the former, as I can see trouble ahead if the 31st of January comes and goes and there is no further player recruitment. The deficiencies in the team have been there for all to see since pre-season and if the club makes no attempt to fix it this window, 5th or 6th place in the league is all we can hope for at best. Not a good foundation to sell ST's for next season.

Weegreenman
26-01-2020, 08:17 AM
Eh?

We come into this season with high hopes. A new manager and a raft of new players to boot.
It quickly turned into the horror show I mentioned above because we were rank rotten and had to give said manager the bullet.

We currently sit mid table amongst the St.Johnstons and Livingstons of this world and your telling me that’s ok because we happened to beat what has to go down as the worst Hearts team in history?

I think some of us are happy to settle for mediocrity, I’m not. This season has been ***** thus far.

We should be were Motherwell are currently sitting, nothing less is acceptable.
We have an ageing side at the minute and I’m not sure I trust the people at our club to bring in the right players.
We seem to struggle to consistently bring in the right quality of players.

green&left
26-01-2020, 08:20 AM

4 out of 9?

Livi 0 out of 3 points
Accies 3 out of 3 points
Motherwell 1 out of 3 points

Gloucester Hibs
26-01-2020, 08:29 AM
We come into this season with high hopes. A new manager and a raft of new players to boot.
It quickly turned into the horror show I mentioned above because we were rank rotten and had to give said manager the bullet.

We currently sit mid table amongst the St.Johnstons and Livingstons of this world and your telling me that’s ok because we happened to beat what has to go down as the worst Hearts team in history?

I think some of us are happy to settle for mediocrity, I’m not. This season has been ***** thus far.

We should be were Motherwell are currently sitting, nothing less is acceptable.
We have an ageing side at the minute and I’m not sure I trust the people at our club to bring in the right players.
We seem to struggle to consistently bring in the right quality of players.

I think Frank was just pointing out the ridiculous hyperbole of labelling this a ‘horror season’ when it’s plainly not. It’s currently mediocre - nothing more nothing less, and yes, we should be striving for better.

Weegreenman
26-01-2020, 08:34 AM
I think Frank was just pointing out the ridiculous hyperbole of labelling this a ‘horror season’ when it’s plainly not. It’s currently mediocre - nothing more nothing less, and yes, we should be striving for better.

Away ye go. It was a ****in horror show.

We had to give our manager the bullet a quarter the way through a season that we all had high hopes for.

p.s tell Frank if he’s happy with mediocrity he can bolt back to KB. Touche

Gloucester Hibs
26-01-2020, 08:44 AM

We had to give our manager the bullet a quarter the way through a season that we all had high hopes for.

We’re top 6 at the minute, not amazing but it’s not a horror show. You do realise historically we don’t often make the top 6? By your logic every other season is a horror show 😂

Smartie
26-01-2020, 08:45 AM
It's a season of transition, but last season was one of those too. We have a few ageing players, a good few in the first year of a 2 year contract and few youngsters looking ready to break through so it is hard to see when the transition might end.

We seem to be relishing and embracing being in constant turnover and mild crisis unlike the Stubbs era when we seemed to have a strategy and be building towards something.

It's not quite disastrous so I've not got the special bedsheets out yet but there's a feeling of general unease rather than optimism.

Since452
26-01-2020, 08:47 AM
That is either a poorly thought out and badly written statement, or an indication that Ron's continued investment in the club is dependent on Hibernian Supporter's continuing to invest.

I hope it's the former, as I can see trouble ahead if the 31st of January comes and goes and there is no further player recruitment. The deficiencies in the team have been there for all to see since pre-season and if the club makes no attempt to fix it this window, 5th or 6th place in the league is all we can hope for at best. Not a good foundation to sell ST's for next season.

We'll have a couple in by then

TrapperJohn
26-01-2020, 08:49 AM
For me HSL was the vehicle to protect Hibs for us and future generations. The 25% share goal would have helped keep the board accountable. HSL and STF should be applauded for trying to achieve this while putting the monies raised into the team. However this boat has sailed.

It is understandable why the major shareholder doesn’t want to dilute his investment but for the board to now deploy this share movement restriction is ....sleekit.

There has been a real conflict of interest for those HSL directors who are also HFC directors and it is a disgrace how HSL and those contributing to it have been stitched up.

LancsHibs
26-01-2020, 08:56 AM
Personally I’m tired of Hibs (and football clubs in general) with the begging bowl out. Fans do enough buying ST’s, match tickets, hospitality, merchandise etc. Plus the revenues from football operations this should be enough and clubs should be managed properly and operate within their means, the exception being if somebody wants to throw their own money at it. Keep asking the fans to ‘pony up’ is out of order and gets my back up

superfurryhibby
26-01-2020, 08:59 AM

I've no idea if my money goes to helping things on the pitch or if it is just going in Ron's pocket. He hasn't earned any trust. There is no accountability.

The football side of the club wanted to loan Shaw. Some other faction of the club seen some £'s and were more interested in that than what the manager wanted.

Record season tickets, McGinn money, savings on debt payment, Ron's 7 figure investment, small squad. All we can afford is 6 month loans and deals provided we ship folk out. Where has the cash gone. When is the AGM?where are the accounts? where is the master plan? Where is Ron? Who is Ron?

If someone from outwith the club wanted to know the general mood of the Hibs support on all things club ownership it would probably be best summed up by... '?'

These are the questions that most Hibs fans are asking.

The past two seasons have seen a downgrade in quality on the field and the players that have been signed haven't been up to the standard of the previous three or four seasons. Whilst we have the mythical spend on Doidge (which I don't believe for one moment) and alleged big signing on fees for some of the players brought in from the lower tiers of English football, I remain unconvinced that there has been the same level of investment in players as there was when we were signing Fyvie, McGinn, Ambrose, Stokes etc.

I wasn't impressed at the dilution of the fan shareholding when Gordon took over, seeing that as a real kick in the baws for the people who put in hundreds of thousands of pounds in good faith. It may be normal practice in the murky world of business, but we were supposed to be buying into something different. I felt very let down and won't be parted from my cash as easily again.

Then we have the shirt sponsor fiasco. Another piece of very poor business from the club.

If Gordon is daft enough to think fans will continue to buy into all of this then he's being very poorly advised.

This club shouldn't be skint. The statements about transfers in the summer and now aren't encouraging, so WTF is going on Ron?

jacomo
26-01-2020, 09:02 AM

Had we not emptied Hecky when we did, we could very well be down at the bottom of the league with Hearts just now.

First quarter of the season really was a horror show - only bright spot was the league cup, tempered by the certain knowledge that we would go out with a whimper as soon as we were drawn against one of the ugly sisters.

JimBHibees
26-01-2020, 09:03 AM
Timing of the statement and email seemed odd. The emai I got was when Motherwell game was still ongoing. Not sure if Hibs then felt they had to react to the HSL email but would have preferred a more joined up message, maybe I am wrong.

bigwheel
26-01-2020, 09:07 AM
Had we not emptied Hecky when we did, we could very well be down at the bottom of the league with Hearts just now.

First quarter of the season really was a horror show - only bright spot was the league cup, tempered by the certain knowledge that we would go out with a whimper as soon as we were drawn against one of the ugly sisters.

That’s likely to be true...but tbh, yesterday’s performance looked just like a PH performance to me..reminded me of the league cup performance at Killie.....

Chorley Hibee
26-01-2020, 09:08 AM
Personally I’m tired of Hibs (and football clubs in general) with the begging bowl out. Fans do enough buying ST’s, match tickets, hospitality, merchandise etc. Plus the revenues from football operations this should be enough and clubs should be managed properly and operate within their means, the exception being if somebody wants to throw their own money at it. Keep asking the fans to ‘pony up’ is out of order and gets my back up

Me too, and it's quite clearly not a viable business model either.

As someone mentioned earlier, here we are asking supporters for yet further monetary contributions, whilst going without a sponsor this season - thus in turn costing ourselves hundreds of thousands income.

Someone needs to start producing answers, because right now I'm not renewing for next season, and I know I'm not alone in that respect.

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2020, 09:14 AM
RG has certainly not earned any trust, and his reluctance to hold an AGM is not helping matters

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2020, 09:16 AM
I didn't trust him from the day I met him, when he made his pony up comment

Beefster
26-01-2020, 09:19 AM
The club want the best of both worlds IMHO. They want us to contribute monthly just like Hearts and Aberdeen fans. They don’t want to give anything in return for it though. Hearts fans are getting the club in return and the Aberdeen fans get all sorts of incentives for their cash.

Absolute brass neck by the club for me. At the very least, I expected a “we’re not selling the club any longer but here’s how we’ve restructured the scheme to encourage you to contribute monthly”. This might be the first time under Dempster’s leadership that I’ve genuinely been “what the actual ****?” at some off-the-pitch stuff.

Clarence
26-01-2020, 09:23 AM
“ For the last three months we’ve been working on initiatives around different aspects of the club – which includes the matchday experience at Easter Road, capital investments that need to be made here and, now, some of the things we want the football programme to be all about. That is all going to come together in the strategic plan that we hope to have completed by the end of this year. My goal is to present it to the board by the end of December and then share it with our supporters and shareholders at the start of next year.”

Do we know the progress with this and when do we expect to see the details of this vision?

No more HSL payments from me until the club keep their promise of transparency about their strategic direction.

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2020, 09:25 AM
“ For the last three months we’ve been working on initiatives around different aspects of the club – which includes the matchday experience at Easter Road, capital investments that need to be made here and, now, some of the things we want the football programme to be all about. That is all going to come together in the strategic plan that we hope to have completed by the end of this year. My goal is to present it to the board by the end of December and then share it with our supporters and shareholders at the start of next year.”

Do we know the progress with this and when do we expect to see the details of this vision?

No more HSL payments from me until the club keep their promise of transparency about their strategic direction.

This is exactly what should be presented at the AGM, but no date for such has been called as yet

bigwheel
26-01-2020, 09:29 AM
Not since relegation have I felt so disconnected with the board and what they are up to....I have no sense of their plans for our club and I get a feeling that they don’t particularly care about that type of supporter connection in all honesty.

superfurryhibby
26-01-2020, 09:31 AM
Me too, and it's quite clearly not a viable business model either.

As someone mentioned earlier, here we are asking supporters for yet further monetary contributions, whilst going without a sponsor this season - thus in turn costing ourselves hundreds of thousands income.

Someone needs to start producing answers, because right now I'm not renewing for next season, and I know I'm not alone in that respect.

I'm all for rewarding excellence, but conversely whose bonus payment takes a hit for the poor and no doubt very costly sponsorship fiasco, and the probably as costly appointment of Heckinbottom?

Like you my cash stays in my pocket for next season, unless there is more transparency and more evidence that our owners are grasping the need to put a decent side on the field.

jeffers
26-01-2020, 09:33 AM
As (probably) the only poster on here who actually knows what is happening with this strategic review and when we, the fans, can hear about it, it would be good to get KP's input here.

Hibs4185
26-01-2020, 09:36 AM
Maybe taking longer than expected to get quotes for filling the corners in, hence the delay in the plans being announced

sleeping giant
26-01-2020, 09:40 AM
Happy to continue my small payment as the money will go towards the team.
I don't for one minute think this change will be lining Rons pockets.

I appreciate folk are are concerned due to the lack of clarity at the moment but think we should keep our powder dry until the grand vision is unvieled .

We might be surprised .

H18S NX
26-01-2020, 09:58 AM
The way the club is going? As far as I can tell the only way the club is going is up, since the new regime made the decision to sack the woeful manager that was appointed under the last owners.

Ffs some amount of bed wetters here.

If you want to donate something extra on what you already pay in to Hibs, great - every little helps.

If you don’t, then don’t - keep buying your tickets etc and contributing that way.

Folk waiting for some sort of grand plan are going to be disappointed. The work has already started, from the minute RG walked in the door. Not sure that people know quite how neglected the commercial side/stadium maintenance side of the club has been for years.

Relax....Did the fan's rep not say we will be exited by the news when the next statement from wee Ron comes out?

Heisenberg
26-01-2020, 10:01 AM
As (probably) the only poster on here who actually knows what is happening with this strategic review and when we, the fans, can hear about it, it would be good to get KP's input here.

Yes good shout, fans reps should be all over this as it’s clear not all fans are particularly pleased with how the club/board is currently connecting with them.

bigwheel
26-01-2020, 10:06 AM
Yes good shout, fans reps should be all over this IMO.

Lol...what are people wanting from KP.....him to pre announce the strategy ?

At best it could be another “relax you will like it message”

Nothing to stop our owner or CEO to start to message some of the themes though...tells us some of the direction, then go deeper with the plans during a full announcement

It’s a basic rule of effective communication..tell them what you are going to say, say it, Then tell them what you’ve said.....

Heisenberg
26-01-2020, 10:10 AM
Lol...what are people wanting from KP.....him to pre announce the strategy ?

At best it could be another “relax you will like it message”

Nothing to stop our owner or CEO to start to message some of the themes though...tells us some of the direction, then go deeper with the plans during a full announcement

It’s a basic rule of effective communication..tell them what you are going to say, say it, Then tell them what you’ve said.....

I’d like him to do his job as a fans rep and convey the message to the board that a section of the fan base isn’t very happy with how the club are currently working. I’m not one of those that are getting restless or don’t trust RG btw, but it seems quite a few are going that way.

bigwheel
26-01-2020, 10:12 AM
I’d like him to do his job as a fans rep and convey the message to the board that a section of the fan base isn’t very happy with how the club are currently working. I’m not one of those that are getting restless or don’t trust RG btw, but it seems quite a few are going that way.

That’s fair enough....certainly it’s a big gap of understanding, and the comms from the club is non existent on these topics.....

Andy74
26-01-2020, 10:12 AM
A bit of an over reaction to this one.

It’s purely pointing out that future sales of shares to individuals are ruled out. With the investment made to clear the debt and so on its not surprising. Nor is it a big issue, there’s plenty shares in the hands of fans.

brog
26-01-2020, 10:14 AM

This is just not true, it was Oli who wanted to move on a permanent basis.
On a more general note, not just your post, I can't believe how many people on this board are so desperate for an AGM & a look at the accounts. Have we all turned into financial analysts now? We're currently 3 months behind last year's (2018 that is) AGM. I've no idea why the accounts/AGM are later than usual but I worked in finance for over 40 years & there's nothing unusual about this situation, particularly given we had a change of ownership. As for accountability, it remains the same as ever, primarily to the shareholders. I'm a shareholder, so is HSL or HS, of which I'm a member. Finally, you ask, where has the cash gone? That's easy. Allan, Mallan, Horgan, Newell, Doidge, James, Jackson, Hallberg, Vela, Kamberi, Milligan. All of those will have cost us transfer fees and/or signing on fees. Add in pay offs to NL & PH, reduced season tickets sold & no sponsor & it's very easily explained. I'm not saying that's great management or custodianship of our club but it's pretty transparent. We'll get AGM & accounts in next couple of months, I only lose sleep about us beating Dundee Utd, not date of our AGM.

Malthibby
26-01-2020, 10:16 AM
...Did the fan's rep not say we will be exited by the news when the next statement from wee Ron comes out?

Hope it won't be as bad as that....
GG

Power
26-01-2020, 10:16 AM

Happy to provide. I’ve highlighted the importance about communication and signposting a few items, otherwise we get unhelpful scenarios like this (last full communications was 7th November > https://www.stpats.club/kp-update-november/< but there has been more bits here and there from others - insightful snippets from Graeme M for example)

Club is finalising the AGM, Strategic plan roll out, 2020/21 planning right now (including other confidential positive activities) - personal opinion* hindsight is a great thing, doing all that towards year end and in January transfer window is very difficult (Full attention on making a positive difference on our Playing squad and Tuesday the most important things right now).

The club has a timetable & plan and sticking to it. Sizeable number of Fans are getting impatient (understandable) - the middle ground where we should be will be somewhere in there.

Power
26-01-2020, 10:17 AM

Pretty Boy
26-01-2020, 10:18 AM
At the start of the last decade our ST sales had collapsed following the end of the successful Mowbray/Collins era and a period of 'transition' that ended up being a lurch towards disaster. All the literature and communication from the club at the time was aimed at encouraging people to buy a ST. 'The best way you can support your club', 'Buy early and help us set a competitive budget' etc etc. Just over half way through the decade we had a once in 2 or 3 lifetimes event and suddenly people started buying STs in near unprecedented numbers. We followed one success with another then enjoyed arguably the best half season we had seen in 10-12 years. Much like the aforementioned period it came to an abrupt end as the best players from that period moved on and were replaced with players who haven't reached close to the same level of performance (and/or are incapable of doing so).

On both occasions in the last couple of decades when we have had on field success the fans have responded by 'supporting the club in the best way they can'. On both occasions the club haven't really been able to build on that success. Does anyone expect anything other than a significant drop in ST sales next season? People with STs aren't attending now so why would they renew? We are now at a stage at which buying a ST at a club like Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen is no longer enough. Now you have to make a donation on top of that to really support your club. In Hibs case as of now we get nothing in return for said payment. A few posts on this thread have already started the thinly veiled emotional blackmail. How many fans paying £18.75 a month will cover the club choosing (and it was a choice according to Hibs) not to have a shirt sponsor? How many cover the pay offs to failed managers in the last decade? How many cover the difference in commercial income between ourselves and the previously mentioned rival clubs? How many will cover the drop in ST sales due to 2 relatively poor seasons on the bounce?

Football fans aren't a bottomless pit of money and it's getting a bit tiresome seeing the definition of what it means to be a supporter constantly shifting? A decade ago it was buy a ST, now it's buy a ST and make a donation. What will it be in a further 10 years? We, along with other Scottish clubs, are only going to become even more of a 'have not' in the global football market so it's a point worth considering. There has to be an end point to the requests for fans to prop up a business.

Mikey
26-01-2020, 10:19 AM
Happy to provide. I’ve highlighted the importance about communication and signposting a few items, otherwise we get unhelpful scenarios like this (last full communications was 7th November > https://www.stpats.club/kp-update-november/< but there has been more bits here and there from others - insightful snippets from Graeme M for example)

Club is finalising the AGM, Strategic plan roll out, 2020/21 planning right now (including other confidential positive activities) - personal opinion* hindsight is a great thing, doing all that towards year end and in January transfer window is very difficult (Full attention on making a positive difference on our Playing squad and Tuesday the most important things right now).

The club has a timetable & plan and sticking to it. Sizeable number of Fans are getting impatient (understandable) - the middle ground will be somewhere in there.

Are you happy with what you've seen or do you have any concerns?

bigwheel
26-01-2020, 10:22 AM

The club has a timetable & plan and sticking to it. Sizeable number of Fans are getting impatient (understandable) - the middle ground will be somewhere in there.

Appreciated....seems like they aren’t taking on board your advice around comms....a bit more visibility of the leadership figures in a few interviews with some sign posting would make a lot of difference , and not take a lot of effort. They don’t seem to recognise the value of regular comms in the way you do....and even repeating the same message can be a helpful thing.

Keep up the good work [emoji108][emoji106]

we are hibs
26-01-2020, 10:23 AM
At the start of the last decade our ST sales had collapsed following the end of the successful Mowbray/Collins era and a period of 'transition' that ended up being a lurch towards disaster. All the literature and communication from the club at the time was aimed at encouraging people to buy a ST. 'The best way you can support your club', 'Buy early and help us set a competitive budget' etc etc. Just over half way through the decade we had a once in 2 or 3 lifetimes event and suddenly people started buying STs in near unprecedented numbers. We followed one success with another then enjoyed arguably the best half season we had seen in 10-12 years. Much like the aforementioned period it came to an abrupt end as the best players from that period moved on and were replaced with players who haven't reached close to the same level of performance (and/or are incapable of doing so).

On both occasions in the last couple of decades when we have had on field success the fans have responded by 'supporting the club in the best way they can'. On both occasions the club haven't really been able to build on that success. Does anyone expect anything other than a significant drop in ST sales next season? People with STs aren't attending now so why would they renew? We are now at a stage at which buying a ST at a club like Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen is no longer enough. Now you have to make a donation on top of that to really support your club. In Hibs case as of now we get nothing in return for said payment. A few posts on this thread have already started the thinly veiled emotional blackmail. How many fans paying £18.75 a month will cover the club choosing (and it was a choice according to Hibs) not to have a shirt sponsor? How many cover the pay offs to failed managers in the last decade? How many cover the difference in commercial income between ourselves and the previously mentioned rival clubs? How many will cover the drop in ST sales due to 2 relatively poor seasons on the bounce?

Football fans aren't a bottomless pit of money and it's getting a bit tiresome seeing the definition of what it means to be a supporter constantly shifting? A decade ago it was buy a ST, now it's buy a ST and make a donation. What will it be in a further 10 years? We, along with other Scottish clubs, are only going to become even more of a 'have not' in the global football market so it's a point worth considering. There has to be an end point to the requests for fans to prop up a business.

Very good post.

Peevemor
26-01-2020, 10:24 AM
I have to say that the statement on the official site is pretty uninspiring. I appreciate that they're reacting to the email sent by HSL about the shares, but it should have at very least indicated when the AGM is likely to be held and/or when we can expect news for the plans going forward.

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2020, 10:25 AM

Good Post

Green_one
26-01-2020, 10:28 AM
It amazes me how fans here are quoting overestimated points won and stating things like “youngsters breaking through” to support their positive views.

The facts are that our season was awful but has improved with a couple of good wins against Aberdeen and Motherwell. Apart from that, performances were poor, with a win against Hearts comforting but they are very very poor and Hibs remain one of only two teams to lose against those numpties. A lot of our season rests on this Tuesdays cup result.

I do not see any youngsters breaking through. Seems to have gone backwards if anything. Sold one youngster and may sell our one exciting asset in Boyle. So again, hard to see many of the positives others see. Presently top 6 behind Livi and where Hearts and Killie have imploded? - whoopee.

Hibs have broken their contract with the fans over ownership but still want the cash. You can spin that any way you like but their communication of longer term intent is not positive.

Chorley Hibee
26-01-2020, 10:30 AM

Correct, I'm tired of financing the repeated mistakes and incompetence of the club whilst receiving nothing in return.

This whole episode has been shambolic, and once again supporters are being taken for granted.

Perhaps it's about time people within Easter Rd were held accountable for their mistakes, rather than supporter contributions being used as the vehicle to cover them up.

MacGruber
26-01-2020, 10:30 AM
This is just not true, it was Oli who wanted to move on a permanent basis.
On a more general note, not just your post, I can't believe how many people on this board are so desperate for an AGM & a look at the accounts. Have we all turned into financial analysts now? We're currently 3 months behind last year's (2018 that is) AGM. I've no idea why the accounts/AGM are later than usual but I worked in finance for over 40 years & there's nothing unusual about this situation, particularly given we had a change of ownership. As for accountability, it remains the same as ever, primarily to the shareholders. I'm a shareholder, so is HSL or HS, of which I'm a member. Finally, you ask, where has the cash gone? That's easy. Allan, Mallan, Horgan, Newell, Doidge, James, Jackson, Hallberg, Vela, Kamberi, Milligan. All of those will have cost us transfer fees and/or signing on fees. Add in pay offs to NL & PH, reduced season tickets sold & no sponsor & it's very easily explained. I'm not saying that's great management or custodianship of our club but it's pretty transparent. We'll get AGM & accounts in next couple of months, I only lose sleep about us beating Dundee Utd, not date of our AGM.

Yeah I know Oli wanted it to be permanent. It wasn't up to Oli though. He was under 18 months of contract to Hibs. Whether he wanted to go or not didn't matter. It was hibs decision, footballing/financially. Ross wanted him to be loaned. That should have been that

Power
26-01-2020, 10:35 AM
Are you happy with what you've seen or do you have any concerns?

Genuinely no concerns M (Other than timing but changes of this size do take time - each component part needs proper planning/work to bring to life for us - some of the improvement work visible now (new commercial team from September 2019 recruitment externally advertised) and others not visible and done in private (working towards Strategic plan roll out, 2020/21 and beyond).

Heisenberg
26-01-2020, 10:36 AM
Yeah I know Oli wanted it to be permanent. It wasn't up to Oli though. He was under 18 months of contract to Hibs. Whether he wanted to go or not didn't matter. It was hibs decision, footballing/financially. Ross wanted him to be loaned. That should have been that

I’m sure Ross said he “expected” a loan but things changed quickly when the permanent offer came through and Oli made it clear he wanted to go. I have no doubt if Ross had said no to the sale then it wouldn’t have happened.

18Craig75
26-01-2020, 10:39 AM

Oh ffs take a day off. I’m sure he’s gutted that Baldy Foghorn doesn’t trust him.

Everyone wants to have the best of both worlds. How about HSL members commit to matching RG’s current and future investments on a pro rata basis? Then we could really kick on.

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2020, 10:45 AM
Oh ffs take a day off. I’m sure he’s gutted that Baldy Foghorn doesn’t trust him.

Everyone wants to have the best of both worlds. How about HSL members commit to matching RG’s current and future investments on a pro rata basis? Then we could really kick on.

Who do you think you are talking to?

18Craig75
26-01-2020, 10:50 AM
Who do you think you are talking to?

I’d have thought that was quite clear from the quoted post?

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2020, 10:51 AM
I’d have thought that was quite clear from the quoted post?

Don't talk to me in that manner then, ok. You have no idea who I am, or indeed what Hibs mean to me.

The 90+2
Good Post

X2, nailed it. I think that’s the major fear, we’ve been here before and seen what happened.

oldbutdim
Ronnie Pickering?

Heisenberg
26-01-2020, 10:52 AM
Ronnie Pickering?

😂😂

Baldy Foghorn
Ronnie Pickering?

Hilarious:confused:

Allant1981
Ronnie Pickering?

😁🤜👊🤛

The 90+2
26-01-2020, 10:54 AM

BF sums up the feelings of a lot of the support. You’re reply is just downright rude.

Who do you think you are speaking on behalf of “everyone wanting the best of both worlds”?

Shocker of a post.

Greencore
26-01-2020, 10:54 AM
Ronnie Pickering?

That's my line.

jeffers
26-01-2020, 11:00 AM

The club has a timetable & plan and sticking to it. Sizeable number of Fans are getting impatient (understandable) - the middle ground where we should be will be somewhere in there.

Thanks KP, appreciate that. While I wouldn’t expect you to break confidentiality, but as a fan first and foremost can you say if you are happy with what has been presented and, as much as it’s hard to gauge all fans feelings, do you expect the majority of us will be happy with what will be communicated ? Oh and how soon do you expect AGM ?

Cheers

MacGruber
26-01-2020, 11:03 AM
I’m sure Ross said he “expected” a loan but things changed quickly when the permanent offer came through and Oli made it clear he wanted to go. I have no doubt if Ross had said no to the sale then it wouldn’t have happened.

I would hope you are right but have my doubts

PaulSmith
26-01-2020, 11:03 AM

Do you agree that it would, as a minimum, be correct to share the broad timetable?

brog
26-01-2020, 11:08 AM
You didn't mention Oli's wishes though. If he didn't want to leave it wouldn't have happened.

HendoDelivered
26-01-2020, 11:09 AM

Nail. Hit. Head. 👍🏻

Mikey
26-01-2020, 11:10 AM
Genuinely no concerns M (Other than timing but changes of this size do take time - each component part needs proper planning/work to bring to life for us - some of the improvement work visible now (new commercial team from September 2019 recruitment externally advertised) and others not visible and done in private (working towards Strategic plan roll out, 2020/21 and beyond).

Cheers.

Mikey
26-01-2020, 11:12 AM
Thanks KP, appreciate that. While I wouldn’t expect you to break confidentiality, but as a fan first and foremost can you say if you are happy with what has been presented and, as much as it’s hard to gauge all fans feelings, do you expect the majority of us will be happy with what will be communicated ? Oh and how soon do you expect AGM ?

Cheers

Post 187 answers most of that.

H18S NX
26-01-2020, 11:14 AM
Hope it won't be as bad as that....
GG
oops,sorry.

Power
26-01-2020, 11:14 AM

Cheers

Good shout, Always try to engage up to where I can - negotiating and influencing the club for us.

Plans look great and there is some fantastic ideas in there that aren’t headliners but will be powerful changes some will be really pleased/proud with. Tough ask to reach some elements of it, will be interesting to see the journey. AGM needs notice, expecting that notice in February given it’s the 1st next Sat (St.Mirren at home).

matty_f
26-01-2020, 11:18 AM

Great post mate. Wholeheartedly agree with it.

Antifa Hibs
26-01-2020, 11:22 AM
PB nails it for me. Spot on word for word.

I'm out. I was a HSL subscriber but cancelled my DD. For me getting to 25% i think it was to safe guard the club and stadium was the dealbreaker for me. I'm not setting up another direct debit to give Hibs some money for nothing in return. TBH if i had the cash i'd rather donate it to Leith Links or Dnipro or another charity. ST holder plus all home cups, pretty much all away games and friendlies - Hibs already cost a small fortune to support without further donations so average players can earn a few extra quid. Hate the way the modern game has gone, **** all matters other than £££££.

I'm also in the not quite trusting RG yet. He's not really said or done much to earn it yet other than serve up a few turkey dinners. I'm not anti-RG but would be good to hear what his plans and visions are for the club - at this stage i'd even accept him coming out saying we'll continue to be bang average as Hibs have always been - just give us something!

PaulSmith
26-01-2020, 11:24 AM
Good shout, Always try to engage up to where I can - negotiating and influencing the club for us.

Plans look great and there is some fantastic ideas in there that aren’t headliners but will be powerful changes some will be really pleased/proud with. Tough ask to reach some elements of it, will be interesting to see the journey. AGM needs notice, expecting that notice in February given it’s the 1st next Sat (St.Mirren at home).

Probably miles off the mark here but I read this as there will be some easy to implement changes but the big strategic ones will need funding and perhaps that funding isn’t there?

I’m using the “tough ask to reach some elements of it” quote, it would only be tough if the capital isn’t there to implement.

I don’t expect an answer TBH as you still have director confidentiality but wanted to flag regardless.

GIBBY NEWTON
26-01-2020, 11:24 AM

Could’nt agree more well said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 8 7 5
26-01-2020, 11:37 AM

I'm out. I was a HSL subscriber but cancelled my DD. For me getting to 25% i think it was to safe guard the club and stadium was the dealbreaker for me. I'm not setting up another direct debit to give Hibs some money for nothing in return. TBH if i had the cash i'd rather donate it to Leith Links or Dnipro or another charity. ST holder plus all home cups, pretty much all away games and friendlies - Hibs already cost a small fortune to support without further donations so average players can earn a few extra quid. Hate the way the modern game has gone, **** all matters other than £££££.

I'm also in the not quite trusting RG yet. He's not really said or done much to earn it yet other than serve up a few turkey dinners. I'm not anti-RG but would be good to hear what his plans and visions are for the club - at this stage i'd even accept him coming out saying we'll continue to be bang average as Hibs have always been - just give us something!

Good post AH..... and the bit in bold is exactly why I stopped a couple of months ago.

Weegreenman
26-01-2020, 11:38 AM

It’s you that needs to take a day off. Give it a rest ffs!

Hibbyradge
26-01-2020, 11:39 AM
I'm happy to continue donating my £18.75 per month and I see no reason to stop doing so.

.Sean.
26-01-2020, 11:42 AM

Fantastic post as per mate.

Genuinely you should put yourself forward as one of our next fan reps 👍🏼

1 8 7 5
26-01-2020, 11:43 AM
I'm happy to continue donating my £18.75 per month and I see no reason to stop doing so.

I think you've told us 3 times now.

1 8 7 5
26-01-2020, 11:44 AM
Fantastic post as per mate.

Genuinely you should put yourself forward as one of our next fan reps 👍🏼

Thats a good shout Sean

Hibbyradge
26-01-2020, 11:45 AM

Several more to go then.

HH81
26-01-2020, 11:45 AM

At a recent game I asked a couple of well known folk about RG and they were very unsure about his motives shall we say.

matty_f
26-01-2020, 11:47 AM
At a recent game I asked a couple of well known folk about RG and they were very unsure about his motives shall we say.

Should point out that well known doesn't always translate to sensible :greengrin

Sioux
26-01-2020, 11:50 AM

Well if they're well known people, they must be right. After all, Donald Trump is well known!

jeffers
26-01-2020, 11:59 AM
Post 187 answers most of that.

Yeah it does Mikey, I missed it originally. Without blowing smoke up his arse, KP has earned trust since becoming a fans rep, so I'm feeling a bit more confident based on what he's saying.

HiBremian
26-01-2020, 12:09 PM

+1.
A target of 25% share ownership to safeguard the club wouldn't threaten RG's majority shareholding, so why has he turned his back on those of us wanting to see that target reached? After all the talk of his background in community activities I was hoping to see some creative support for HSL's stated aims around shareholding. But no, it's back in the box for us.

But never mind. Don't forget we're "better together" in our "family". :cb

Hibbyradge
26-01-2020, 12:11 PM
+1.
A target of 25% share ownership to safeguard the club wouldn't threaten RG's majority shareholding, so why has he turned his back on those of us wanting to see that target reached? After all the talk of his background in community activities I was hoping to see some creative support for HSL's stated aims around shareholding. But no, it's back in the box for us.

As the statement points out, supporters already own over 30% of the shares.

We have that safeguard already even if it's not solely through HSL.

Lago
26-01-2020, 12:17 PM
Yeah and we know you stopped!!

PaulSmith
26-01-2020, 12:24 PM

I was also looking forward to HSL having a seat on the Board.

Perhaps that’s still an option as a replacement for Tracey Smith?

HiBremian
26-01-2020, 12:28 PM

It safeguards nothing. Shareholders need to turn up and vote. How many of these shareholders are actually still alive? How many shares are lost in the bottom of a drawer? A 25% holding needs to be organised to have any certain effect. Perhaps the board could have indicated their support in helping us achieve that, rather than just closing the door.

hibee-boys
26-01-2020, 12:29 PM
I'm a season ticket holder, starting to take the kids to the odd game, purchase plenty gear from the club store through the year and that's where my contributions to Hibs stop. Much respect for any fan who elects to contribute more....particularly when no further shares are accumulated as a result.

My view is that we've got a number of well paid (when compared to your average punter) employees who's primary task is focusing on and generating additional revenue for the club, it should be them increasing the bottom line not asking for more hand outs from fans. Thank god i didn't sign up, it pains me enough to think of what dross much of our season ticket money was spent on last summer let alone how i'd feel if I was contributing further!

The 90+2
26-01-2020, 12:37 PM
I was also looking forward to HSL having a seat on the Board.

Perhaps that’s still an option as a replacement for Tracey Smith?

It’s probably the sole purpose of blocking any more sale of shares so I highly doubt it.

The 90+2
26-01-2020, 12:38 PM
It safeguards nothing. Shareholders need to turn up and vote. How many of these shareholders are actually still alive? How many shares are lost in the bottom of a drawer? A 25% holding needs to be organised to have any certain effect. Perhaps the board could have indicated their support in helping us achieve that, rather than just closing the door.

I don’t think the board had any choice in the matter.

Radium
26-01-2020, 12:42 PM

Thanks for the update and totally appreciate the balance you have to strike.

Think that ‘hindsight’ is a very kind phrase to use if we have really been knocked off timetable by Christmas holidays and focusing on the transfer window.

Here’s hoping that we don’t have to wait too long before we know the plans

Chorley Hibee
26-01-2020, 01:09 PM
I'm a season ticket holder, starting to take the kids to the odd game, purchase plenty gear from the club store through the year and that's where my contributions to Hibs stop. Much respect for any fan who elects to contribute more....particularly when no further shares are accumulated as a result.

My view is that we've got a number of well paid (when compared to your average punter) employees who's primary task is focusing on and generating additional revenue for the club, it should be them increasing the bottom line not asking for more hand outs from fans. Thank god i didn't sign up, it pains me enough to think of what dross much of our season ticket money was spent on last summer let alone how i'd feel if I was contributing further!

Exactly, I've had enough of being asked to subsidise their shortcomings for no tangible benefit.

If they are unable to generate additional revenue for the club, then they're not succeeding in their role and should be replaced (just as a failing club manager would be).

tamig
26-01-2020, 01:28 PM

Maybe I’m just totally naive and trust too easily. We do seem to have a lot of cautious and wary members of our support going by this thread and I appreciate your “layman terms” example. I don’t really have the same suspicions or concerns though.

Andy74
26-01-2020, 01:39 PM
Maybe I’m just totally naive and trust too easily. We do seem to have a lot of cautious and wary members of our support going by this thread and I appreciate your “layman terms” example. I don’t really have the same suspicions or concerns though.

And a lot of folk who seem to think the club or owners need to be seen as some sort of enemy trying to steal their money.

18Craig75
26-01-2020, 01:44 PM
Well if they're well known people, they must be right. After all, Donald Trump is well known!

Probably Kano and yon Sean Pia guy

Green Badger
26-01-2020, 01:49 PM
I’ll continue to contribute unless I see some evidence that my money is not directly helping Hibernian in some shape or form.
Currently although the communication from Hibs is not great, I am happy to keep the faith for the good of Club, which is ultimately what we all want.

Andy74
26-01-2020, 01:52 PM
+1.

Hibs fans were not exactly flocking to make that happen which I don’t think helped maters.

The 90+2
26-01-2020, 02:47 PM
Hibs fans were not exactly flocking to make that happen which I don’t think helped maters.

Why stop it then?

superfurryhibby
26-01-2020, 02:50 PM
And a lot of folk who seem to think the club or owners need to be seen as some sort of enemy trying to steal their money.

Why did the deal to buy the club end up diluting the HSL shareholding? IIRC it was around 3-4 % just eliminated. That must have represented a lot of fan donation.

Radium
26-01-2020, 02:56 PM
Why did the deal to buy the club end up diluting the HSL shareholding? IIRC it was around 3-4 % just eliminated. That must have represented a lot of fan donation.

All the available shares were bought by RG, which included the additional shares that had been created for HSL to buy.

superfurryhibby
26-01-2020, 02:57 PM
All the available shares were bought by RG, which included the additional shares that had been created for HSL to buy.

No, there was a dilution of the existing HSL shareholding as part of the deal.

MyJo
26-01-2020, 03:12 PM
No, there was a dilution of the existing HSL shareholding as part of the deal.

I think that new shares were created every time HSL bought them from the club which in turn increased the overall number of club shares and diluted everyone’s shareholding. That would have continued until the point that HSL owned 50% of the overall shares in the club.

When RG agreed to buy the club he has bought out STF’s existing shareholding and the remaining newly created shares that would have been earmarked for HSL. The purchase of newly created shares is likely to have been how RG has immediately injected cash into the club in the same way it would have done had HSL been able to buy them.

ancient hibee
26-01-2020, 05:00 PM
Correct the £1.25M was new capital.

superfurryhibby
26-01-2020, 05:41 PM
I think that new shares were created every time HSL bought them from the club which in turn increased the overall number of club shares and diluted everyone’s shareholding. That would have continued until the point that HSL owned 50% of the overall shares in the club.

When RG agreed to buy the club he has bought out STF’s existing shareholding and the remaining newly created shares that would have been earmarked for HSL. The purchase of newly created shares is likely to have been how RG has immediately injected cash into the club in the same way it would have done had HSL been able to buy them.

I’m still confused. Surely any dilution of shares pre- Ron Gordon would involve have only meant a dilution of STF’s existing stake, otherwise how would HSL have ever reached the 25% mark? :confused:

I’m not the smartest at times and as pedantic as pedantic as can be when it comes to parting with my cash. I still can’t understand how Gordon didn’t just buy STF’s and RP’s shares and how HSL stakeholding dropped, but I suppose it's by the by now.

The Captain....
26-01-2020, 06:33 PM

Why is a football club any different? I've been an enthusiastic supporter of HSL, to the extent I was personally threatened on more than one occasion. However this just removes all accountability. Previously the money all went to the football department but it was in return for shares thus giving HSL contributors a voice through the acquisition of said shares. Now the club expects the same fans to continue to hand over money but they are removing that voice, the ability to hold those running the club to account and the ability to influence decision making. If people are happy with that then fine. I'm not.You're not alone..I share your.misgivings and will be stopping my contributions.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Speedway
26-01-2020, 06:48 PM
Let’s all have misgivings and stop giving the club money.

Whatever the club are doing they are not to be trusted.

Don’t trust them, give as much advantage to the competitors as possible.

They don’t doubt their clubs because they’re stupid.

We’re smart, unless we see an auditors report, the club can **** right off.

We may be supporters but come on, there’s a limit and RG, thieving little Peruvian, has crossed a like.

Or is it HSL I hate and don’t trust? Either way, keep your money away from the club at all costs.

It’s a con, A CON I TELL YOU!!!

basehibby
26-01-2020, 06:49 PM
I've not stopped my HSL payments just yet but it's a matter of time if theres not a clear statement as to its ongoing purpose. I love Hibs as much as the next Hibee but it IS a business and not a charity. We need to see some bang for our buck to commit to ongoing contributions. And as for attracting new members- never mind "pony up" - they're flogging a DEAD pony right now.

MyJo
26-01-2020, 07:12 PM
I’m still confused. Surely any dilution of shares pre- Ron Gordon would involve have only meant a dilution of STF’s existing stake, otherwise how would HSL have ever reached the 25% mark? :confused:

I’m not the smartest at times and as pedantic as pedantic as can be when it comes to parting with my cash. I still can’t understand how Gordon didn’t just buy STF’s and RP’s shares and how HSL stakeholding dropped, but I suppose it's by the by now.

Not exact figures but say there were 500k shares in the club before HSL got started.

500k of shares worth £5m so each share is valued at £10. STF owns 100%

STF agrees to issue 25k in new shares in the club to HSL

The club is still valued at £5m but there are now 525k shares so each share is worth £9.52 now. STF owns 95% (500k shares) and HSL own 5% (25k shares)

HSL get another 25k in shares.

The club is still valued at £5m but there are now 550k shares each worth £9.09. STF owns 91% (500k shares) and HSL owns 9%. (50k shares)

HSL get another 50k shares.

Share value now £8.33. STF owns 83% (500k shares) HSL owns 17% (100k shares)

Ron Gordon rocks up and buys STF’s 500k shares and 400k newly created shares that HSL didn’t buy.

The club is still worth £5m but each individual share is now worth £5.

Ron’s 900k shares is now 90% while HSL’s 100k is now just 10%.

It’s obviously a lot more complicated that that I’m real life but pretty much how it worked I believe. If HSL has raised more money and continued buying more of the newly issued shares before Ron Gordon came in they could have owned 50% and only STF’s 50% stake would have been sold on.